The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Harlot Fever

Chapters 5-9

Copyright © 2000-2001 by Jafar

That’s What Friends Are For

(Sunday, late night)

Selena Collins cursed at the darkness.

Her head lights were working, but the interior lights of her car would not come on. The speedometer was dark, so she had no idea how fast she was travelling. She couldn’t afford the delay to stop and have them fixed—she needed to hurry and get to the clinic. But she couldn’t afford the delay should a cop pull her over, either. So she rode the best line she could guess on the speed limit.

She needed to get to the clinic.

Mrs Janecek had called her, near desperation. Rod had not yet come home or called, and it was eleven o’clock at night. He was never this late without letting his wife know what was keeping him.

Selena braked at the last minute as she went into a curve so that she would not go off the road. A little sooner next time, she told herself. You’re no good to the Janeceks if you are wrapped around a tree.

Rod was a good doctor—the best she had ever worked for. She really hoped that nothing bad had happened to him. Some people in this world do deserve misfortune, but some simply do not—Rod was one of the latter.

Two minutes—an eternity—later, she pulled up at the clinic. She pulled the keys and stepped out of the car, and Mrs Janecek was there at her side.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what happened to the spare keys to the clinic. They’re somewhere lost at the house. It’s not like I’ve ever needed them before! God, I hope he’s inside! And okay!”

“Easy, Patty,” Selena said, walking briskly to the entrance. “We’ll know in moments.”

She unlocked the front entrance and called Rod’s name. Mrs Janecek did so as well, over and over.

Selena moved quickly to unlock Rod’s office, calling him. No reply. She unlocked the sterilization room and called.

The first thing that hit her was the smell of human urine.

“Dr Janecek?” she called loudly.

There was a wimper from the corner.

“Rod?!” Mrs Janecek called as she entered the room too.

Selena turned on the lights. Please let him be all ri—

Oh God.

Dr Janecek was tied to a table, feet and hands, bent over and spread, his ass presented to them. That corner was where the wimpering was coming from.

“Doctor, are you okay?!”

“Rod!”

“Don’t let her see! Get her out of here, Selena! Don’t let her see me like this!”

“Rod, it’s okay. It doesn’t matter to me! Are you all right?!”

“Am I ... all right?!” He choked out, nearly unintelligible past the sobs he could not hold in.

“Are you physically hurt?” Selena asked loudly and clearly as she started trying to untie the rope holding one of his wrists. “Did whoever did this physically harm you?”

“Phys—" Rod’s throat clenched as a sob choked out. “Yes! Yes, they physically hurt me!”

“Where? Where did they hurt you?” The rope was not yielding to her fingers.

“Get her out of here!” Rod hissed.

“Please, Mrs Janecek,” Selena said as she went to a drawer to get a scalpel. “Can you step outside until Rod can describe what happened?”

“But I—but I—Rod! I don’t care what happened! I just want to know that you are okay!”

Rod managed with determination to keep his throat from choking up. “I am okay, Patty. I will be all right. Please! Step outside until Selena can cut me loose.”

“But—”

“Please! Wait outside! I am in good health!”

“I ... yes ... Rod.” As Patricia Janecek stepped towards the door, her foot kicked something. She bent over to pick it up.

Good God.

It was a rubber penis. It was attached to three black straps, so that it could be belted to a pelvis.

What had they done to her husband?!

Selena had both hands cut loose and was working on one of his ankles. Patty set the device on the table and stepped towards the doorway.

“What happened here, Doctor Janecek?” Selena asked as the rope on the first foot yielded to the scalpel.

“Ohgodselena!” the man sobbed. “The man ... and death ... and the knife ... I didn’t want to, but they would have killed me if ... and she ... and she! ... ohgodselenea! She ripped me apart!!”

“Easy. Easy, doctor. I’m getting you loose. It’s all over now. It’s all over.”

“No! It’s not over! I am still bleeding from my ass! I’ve been ripped in half!”

The last rope gave way, and Roderick Janecek turned around, exposing his bruised naked body to his nurse and saw his wife standing in the doorway. “You were supposed to be outside!” he sobbed. “Leave! Get out of here! I don’t want you to know!”

“Rod! It’s all right!” Patricia Janecek pleaded. “I don’t care what happened! There are situations where you do what you have to to survive!”

Rod sat, naked, and curled up in an ball. “Ohgodmyass!” he warbled. “What they did to my—to me—what they—”

Patricia Janecek ran across the room and took her husband’s hand. “It’s okay. I don’t care what happened! You are still my husband!”

Rod just sobbed.

When he quieted down a little, Selena asked him. “Doctor Janecek, how many of them were they?”

“Two!” The sobs started up again.

The man was still on the verge of unintellibility. Selena needed to confirm that she had heard right. “There were two?”

“Yes! Isn’t that enough for you?! Do you think I could have done anything?! They had a knife! A knife! Maybe a gun!”

“No, Doctor. There was nothing that you could have done. You’ve said that at least one of them was a female?”

“Yes.”

“Was the other one male or female?”

“He was a man, all right! Two WOMEN couldn’t have done those things to me!”

“It’s okay, Roderick,” Patty soothed. “We just need to find out some of the details. Then everything will be okay.”

“Doctor ... you’ve said that they hurt you. Did the man ... did he sodomize you?”

Rod burst out in sobs. Selena was about to conclude that he had when Rod began speaking again. “No! No! She did!”

Selena’s brow furrowed. “SHE did?!”

“Yes! Yes ... she ... my ... aaaawwwww!”

“I found,” Patricia whispered, pointing to the table, “I found that lying on the floor. She may have used that.”

Selena saw the strap-on dildo on the table. God! What made people like this do the things that they did?!

“Okay, Doctor. The woman hurt you. Did the man sodomize you as well?”

“No! No! No ... I’m no fag!”

“Did the man ... did he make you perform fellatio on him?” If there was sperm left behind, that was the best evidence for a conviction.

“No! Stop it! No! I’ve never sucked ANY man! Why are you asking these things?! Why?!”

“Doctor, we need to make a police report. If there’s any chance of catching—”

“NO! NO POLICE REPORT! No police!”

“But, Rod—" Patricia began.

Rod sat up. “NO! No way! This is humiliating! NO more people! No police!”

“But, Doctor. These people, if they aren’t stopped, will simply do the same thing to someone else. Just like they did to you.”

“I don’t FUCKING GIVE A SHIT about anyone else right now! Let them see how they fare up against these two! No more people find out about this! Neither of you can ever tell another soul! Swear! SWEAR!”

“But Rod—" Patricia began.

“Patty! You are my wife! Swear! You have to! Swear! Now!” He was jabbing his index finger at her face.

“Rod—”

The doctor’s face was turning crimson with his screaming. “SWEAR! NOW!”

“Okay! I swear! We won’t tell anyone about this!”

Doctor Jenecek’s head jerked to Selena. “You! You are my employee! I will fire your ass and dump you on the street with the worst possible reference imaginable. I will have the police and review boards dogging your ass if you ever tell anyone of this night! NOW YOU SWEAR TOO!”

Selena was taken aback.

“SWEAR!”

“Okay! I swear!” She knew he was horribly embarassed and in great pain right now, but still! This was—!

“If either of you ever tells anyone about this, I will kill you both!” he hissed.

Patricia met Selena’s eyes. “Rod. Be quiet. Calm down. Neither of us will ever say anything. Calm down.”

“They ... they ... they ... were horrible!”

“I know, baby. I know. But it’s all right now.

Rod stood up, hugging his arms around himself. “Get my coat,” he ordered his wife. She did. “We will never speak of this,” he told them. “We’re going home. And we’ll never talk of this.”

Patricia put her arm around him and helped him walk towards the door. He had a funny walk now, she noted, stepping very gingerly, as though he had just had diarrhea for the last seven days.

“Oh, fuck! Don’t leave that there,” he barked as his eyes caught sight of the strap-on. “Give me that!”

Selena took the item from the table and handed it to her employer.

“Don’t EVER speak of this! And I am going to destroy this ... this ... oh, fuck!” The sobs broke out again.

“It’s okay, Rod. It’s okay, baby.” Patricia held him and helped him out of the building and to the car, then ran back to catch Selena as she was locking up the building. “Thank you, Selena,” she said as kindly as she could, “Please ... forgive ...”

“I know. It’s been a very rough night. If he rethinks his decision tomorrow about going to the police, let me know. We’ll do ... everything we can.”

“I will. And thank you again. I mean it.”

“Sure.” Selena got in her car, still stunned at Doctor Janecek’s behavior. She watched their car pull out, then started her own.

She drove home much more slowly than she had driven earlier. It gave her time to think.

101.9

(Monday morning)

Deborah Wilson pulled the thermometer from her daughter’s mouth. “101.9.”

“Is that bad?”

“Well, it’s not good. If it goes up any higher, I’m going to run you down to the doctor.”

“I’ll be okay, Mom.”

“Kitty ... to change subjects ... you were pretty upset last night.”

“I’m okay, Mom.”

“No, you’re not going to clam up on me. You were upset.”

“It’s just that ... Jack and his girlfriend—I mean his professor—they both are ...”

“They’re what, Kitty?”

“He’s a lot cruder than he used be, Mom.”

Deborah tsked. “Well, he IS that.”

“A LOT cruder.”

“Did he DO something to you last night, Kitty?”

“No. It’s just that Professor Purkoney was walking around topless last night. And it just didn’t seem right. I mean, what if Donny or Dad had needed to come upstairs? And she would have been all ... hanging out like that?”

Deborah’s brow was furrowed. “Donny or Dad? Even Jack should not be seeing his professor like that!”

“That’s exactly my point, Mom. She’s just ...”

“I know. I’m sorry you had to be exposed to that. I’m just going to tell Jack that she is not welcome in this house. And neither is he if he’s going to behave like he did last night.”

“Mom, it’s not Jack’s fault. He’s just been in with the wrong crowd too long.”

“Well, he needs to choose which crowd he prefers to be with. Them or us.”

“Mom, please don’t—”

“I won’t, Kitty. Everything will be okay.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really. Now lay your head back and I will call the school. You work on getting well and do not worry about everything else that is going on here.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

To Forgive is Divine

(Monday, mid-day)

“Selena?”

“Yes, Doctor Janecek?” She had been rather clipped with him all day. She understood that last night was horribly painful and horribly embarassing for him, but he had threatened to fire her, to bring false charges against her, to kill her, even.

“Selena ... I am ... so sorry about last night.”

“Yes ... well ... it had to be very painful for you.”

“It was, Selena. And I reacted extremely poorly. I ... I threatened the two people that mean the most in the world to me.”

“Sure didn’t seem like that last night.”

“Selena, I ... Selena ... you and my wife are the two people that I ... most want to keep the respect of. You are both important and I wanted ... I want ... to keep your respect. Thank you—thank you dearly—for rescuing me. But ... it felt like ... I was ... lowered ... in your eyes ... both of you ... just by being in that position. There was ... nothing ... that I could have done. They had knives, guns and horrible, horrible cruelty. There was nothing that I could have done against them. But ... I would not have wanted the two of you to see me that way.”

“Rod ... we both care for you. You are a good doctor. And a good—”

“Thank you. But ... I would like to keep the respect of both of you, and more than it hurt last night, more than it was embarassing, more than I was terrified, it sucked the life out of me to have the two of you see me like that. Can you understand that? I felt so bad, I had no idea what to do, and I made things ten times worse by insulting, by threatening those most important to me.”

“You were ... in a situation that noone can ever be prepared for. How DO you react when things like that happen? You can’t blame yourself if you’re imperfect. You’re a man. And part of what made last night so bad was that they tried to take some of that away from you.”

“They did try. It is ... still ... horribly embarassing that—”

“Rod—" She waited until he looked her in the eye. “—There is NOTHING that you can do in situations like that. It’s horrible that they can even occur. And neither Patty nor I think any the less of you for having been shit on by an ugly bird, so to speak.”

“Thank ... thank you, Selena. About the things that I said—”

“What things? You were in such pain last night that most of what you were saying was unintelligible.”

“I—thank you, Selena.”

“I’ve thanked you for many things in the past. It’s good to be able to return the favor for once.”

“I will remember this.”

“Well, there are a lot of other things that you need to work on forgetting. They’re not worth remembering. How are you feeling today? I really didn’t expect you to come in.”

“I’m running a little fever—I think my body is just bruised all over.” He stood in silence a moment. “I’m lucky and honored to have you and Patty as ... well, as such a dear friend and a wife.”

“Okay,” she smiled, “Enough of the sappy stuff. We still have patients to attend to.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Rod smiled, “But thank you anyway, for being there for me.”

A Bad-Tempered Kitty

(Monday, night)

Jack opened Kitty’s door and quietly stepped in. “Hi, Kitty.”

Kitty looked at him tiredly. She had been on aspirin all day, but her fever still held at 101.9. “Hi, Jack.”

“Mom said that you had a fever.”

“Yeah. Feeling sort of yucky today.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Kitten.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“I don’t know. Maybe I gave you the hots for me so much that you can’t get your temperature down now.”

“Jack!” Kitty said, disappointment in her voice. “Why are you acting so different than you used to? You used to be such a gentleman. Now...”

“Does it upset you, Kitten?”

“Yeah, it does, Jack. You’ve really changed.”

“Well, it’s been a rough year and a half in South America. Don’t get me wrong, the experience I’ve gotten has been invaluable, but most of the time it’s just miserable. The mosquitoes down there will raise welts the size of fifty cent pieces. And there are so many kinds of deadly snakes that you can’t even count them all. And this ...” Jack stood from where he was sitting on the bed and began unbuttoning his shirt, then removed it. “... this spot here is a permanent scar from an insect sting of some kind.”

Kitty unexpectedly found herself distracted by her older brother’s muscular chest. “Wow ... it must be hard down there,” she said slowly.

“Easy, Kitty. Don’t stare too hard or you’ll make me self-conscious.”

Kitty quickly averted her eyes. “No—I’m just ... looking at the scarred spot. That’s all.”

Jack gave her a knowing smile, which made her angry.

“You showed me a scar, Jack,” she said, her voice a little short, “You wanted me to look at it. I did. Okay?”

“Okay, Kitten. I’ve got many of these scars. Another one ...” Jack unbuttoned and unzipped his pants, then let them drop to the floor, “... another one is here on my thigh. That was where I got stung by a scorpion. Man, that hurt!”

Kitty breathed in quickly, then trembled a little when she exhaled. His bold erection was blatantly apparent beneath his underpants.

“Yeah,” Jack smiled and cupped his crotch. “This little baby is with me all the time now.”

“All ... the time?” Kitty whispered, her eyes wide.

“Yeah ... but you really shouldn’t be looking at that, Kitty.”

“It’s so ... big ... and hard,” she whispered, wholly unaware in her innocent awe of how pornographic a line that was.

“Well, he’s always pretty excited nowadays.”

As kitty watched, the entire penis pulsed as it swelled with more blood, and the head slowly poked out of the top of the elastic underwear band.

“Jack?” Kitty asked softly.

“Yes, Kitty?”

“Does it ... normally do that?”

“Swell up like that?”

“Yeeeaaaah.”

“Just when he likes somebody. Maybe he finds you attractive, Kitty.”

Kitty didn’t reply. She just stared at her brother’s penis as it swelled with blood again.

“But you shouldn’t be looking at things like that,” Jack said as he pulled his pants back up and zipped them. “And you certainly shouldn’t be drooling over them.”

“I’m NOT drooling over it, Jack!” she snapped sullenly. “YOU shouldn’t be whipping it out and flaunting it in front of me. You have just gotten so CRUDE.”

“It’s all a matter of opinion, Kitty.”

“Is Mom letting you stay? She was pretty disgusted with the way that you’ve been acting too.”

“Yeah, I sweet-talked Mom into letting us keep the same arrangements until the end of the week, when Susan and I head back to the University.”

“I’d tread pretty lightly if I were you. She was really upset at you.”

“You were too.”

“Yeah, I was too.”

“Kitten, I make you a promise. I will straighten up, and by the day after tomorrow, you and I will be seeing things in pretty much the same way.”

“I hope so. I want the old Jack back. Not this new guy.”

Jack leaned over and kissed her on the top of her head. And I want the new Kitty yet to come, not the old prude, he thought.

“I’ll catch you tomorrow, Kitty.”

“Good night, Jack.”

Jack left, and some twenty minutes later, her mother came in to tuck into bed and say good night.

As Kitty lay there, her mind kept returning to Jack ... and his muscular chest ... and his ... well, his ...

Kitty rarely touched herself between her legs, but tonight, her hand sneaked down and began rubbing against herself. She kept pulling her mind away from her brother, but it kept returning, to him telling her to do ... things. And her simply ... doing them ... whatever he told her to do.

She got more and more excited, making a small puddle in her bed, but she was unable to cross the bridge and orgasm. Finally, after about two hours, she drifted off to sleep, but in between fitful periods of sleep, she dreamed of similar scenes for the rest of the night.

Doctor, Your Drool

(Tuesday, morning)

“Doctor Janecek! You’re here!”

“Goddam right, I’m here!” he snarled. He had been up all night last night with an erection that would not pop. He had yanked and yanked, instead of sleeping, and the miserable little fucker would never cum! Exhausted, he had finally dragged himself to bed, where his wife gushed with that smothering concern she seemed to have now. He had slept an hour when the alarm rang and he threw it across the room, breaking it. That had woken his wife, who inundated him with more concern until he was rude enough that she let him go back to sleep.

Three hours later, he had woken with that same damned fever—and erection!—and yelled at his wife for letting him sleep so late. The woman had been crying when he left! And SHE was the one that did not wake him! She was getting to be a real annoyance.

He had nearly run two jackasses off the road that simply could not drive well enough to get out of the way. A half dozen more fully earned the bird he flipped them.

And today was just fucking beginning!

“Yes, I’m goddam fucking here, Elaine! What is so damn urgent that it cannot wait a couple minutes?!”

“But ... doctor ... you’re three hours late and—”

“I KNOW I’m three hours late, you little dimwit! I learned to tell time in first grade. How about you, Miss College Graduate? Hmmm?”

“Doctor, I—I’m just trying to help. All six rooms are filled with patients and I thought—”

“YOU thought?! No, I don’t THINK so. Thinking is not a right, it is a privilege for those willing to expend the energy to learn the skill. Perhaps you ‘muddled’ or just ‘sort of felt around’ or freakin’ frigged yourself in some ‘fantasy’, but, no, you did not ‘think’.”

“Doctor—" She was determined not to let her trembling lip release the sob pent up behind it, “I thought that you would like to know that the patients are rather irritable. Having to wait.”

“Well, see, you thought wrong. What may seem like a huge deductive chain of reasoning to you, going all the way from ‘patient is waiting’ to ‘patient is irritable’, is not really all that hard for those of us that can accomplish successful thinking. Do you understand that statement I just made? Hmm?”

The bull of a sob that she had successfully held in so far had just been smacked on the ass by the good doctor, and it burst out of its pen and got free.

“Oh, for freakin’—! Quit sobbing. You are a professional and need to control yourself! Or you can get out on the street! Goddam sobbing women!”

He pulled on his white coat and strode to the first patient room.

Elaine made her way to the lab room, her whole vision blurred with the tears that kept forcing their way out. She dropped to the floor, brought her knees up to her chest and choked out the warm tears that refused to remain penned.

* * *

Selena was walking by the lab when she heard soft sounds coming from the dark room. Stepping in, she located the sound as coming from the corner. Leaving the lights off, she stepped over there. “Elaine?” she asked quietly.

The poor girl opened up, letting everything flood out then. “He’s (sob) a goddam (sob) monster, Selena! I did nothing to deserve that! I was only trying to help him keep from losing all his patients! And he treats me like THAT! I don’t—I don’t—I don’t DESERVE that!”

She reached her arms out and hugged herself to Selena, her body racked with the sobbing.

“Easy,” Selena whispered. “You’re right. You don’t deserve that. Dr Janecek has had some ... very stressful ... personal problems of late. That doesn’t make what he’s doing right, but that is the reason why he’s—”

“I don’t know if I can TAKE it any more. He used to be so nice. Now ...!”

“I know. I’ve had my feelings hurt by him several times lately too, Elaine.”

“Why does he have to be so MEAN?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t know, Elaine. You’re right, he hardly seems like the same person the last couple days.”

“It’s like some prison murderer or psychopath took over him or something!”

“I—I’ll tell you what. This is what I’ve decided to do. I am going to give him another four weeks, and if he hasn’t pulled out of this, I’m gone.”

“I don’t know if I can LAST four weeks, Selena. He is just UNBEARABLE!”

“Well, if you can’t, you can’t. I’m going to give him that long out of loyalty for all the good things that he has done in past years. I am hoping that he will pull out of it. He’s not really like this on the inside.”

“I—I guess,” another round of tears broke loose, and Selena held her coworker through it.

* * *

“Hello, Rebecca,” Dr Janecek greeted her as he entered patient room 1.

“Hi, Doctor,” she smiled brightly.

“How are you doing these days?”

“Pretty well. My ankle has been hurting lately, and I wanted to make sure that I haven’t fractured it or anything. I was wondering if you could schedule me to have it x-rayed at the hospital.”

Janecek turned his back to her and clenched his clipboard. Damn her! Damn all these patients that wanted to tell him how to do his job! Who had gone to medical school?! Who had spent a fortune getting his degree?! Who—!

He turned back around, smiling pleasantly. “Yes, yes. Let’s have a look at it, shall we?”

“Of course,” she smiled, and slid back on the examining table. She brought her leg up so that the doctor could examine it.

Janecek ran his hands around her ankle slowly. “Does any of this hurt, Rebecca?”

The pretty blonde woman giggled—giggled!—at him!

“Oh, I’m sorry, doctor, it’s just—mmm!—I’m sorry. I’m ticklish.”

Rod kept his face pleasant. “Rebecca. Please. This is no laughing matter.”

She managed to stop the ghost of a smile dancing at the corners of her mouth. “I’m sorry, Doctor.”

“Does this hurt?”

“No, not really.”

“How about this?”

“Just a little.”

Roderick let her foot drop. If this woman’s foot were fractured, she would have been crying out in pain when he just moved her ankle. Instead, she was in here, wasting his time—HIS time!—with fluffy little hypnochondriacal grabs at attention!

He walked around behind her and made sure his stiff erection was still positioned so that it would not show. While he had his hand there, he gave a couple quick pulls that felt good, but he knew from last night would not result in any payload.

Damn her! If she thought she could come in here and waste HIS busy time, well, then ...

“Rebecca, I’m going to have to ask you to remove your blouse,” he said, walking back around in front of her.

“My ... blouse? ... doctor?”

“Yes, Rebecca. I need to verify that this is not distal swelling from a mammary lump.”

“I ... guess ...” She slowly began unbuttoning her blouse while the doctor watched.

“Do you still own that clothing store, Rebecca?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Do you carry shoes there? High-heeled shoes?”

“Yes, doctor.” She finished unbuttoning and shrugged the blouse off.

“The bra as well, please. Do you often wear these high-heeled shoes?”

Blushing, Rebecca unsnapped her bra and removed it. “Yes, sir, sometimes.”

There you go. The woman simply had sore feet from strutting around in high-heeled shoes. And she came in here, wasting his time, wanting to self-diagnose and get an x-ray taken, and ... well ... she just deserved whatever she got.

Janecek walked behind her, ogling her boobs. He had to admit, she had nice ones. Big, yet still youthful and perky. “You have a son, Rebecca? How old is he now?”

“Twelve, doctor.”

Janecek reached around from behind her and cupped her boobs, causing her to gasp slightly. “Sorry, doctor. You just ... have cold hands.”

Janecek snorted, then began pulling on her boobs. After several seconds, he began rolling her nipples around between his fingertips. If he couldn’t get this erection to pop, the least this little time-wasting twat could do is give him some eye candy.

“Doctor?” Rebecca said, feeling very uncomfortable, “Are you sure this it he correct procedure?” She had been coming to Dr Janecek since she was in college ten years ago and mostly trusted him. But this was just very unusual.

Goddam her! Trying to tell him how to do his job again! The ... little ... cunt!

“Ow!”

Dr Janecek was brought back from his angry chain of thoughts. “Hmm?”

“Ow! Ow! You’re hurting me! Don’t pinch so hard!”

“Sorry, Rebecca,” Janecek said, removing his hands from her breasts. “That is part of the diagnostic procedure. I needed to make sure there was no nerve damage there. Cysts and tumors can sometimes damage the nerves, and it is important to know if it is that kind of cancer.”

“So?” she asked, worried. “Do you think this might be cancer somehow?”

“I don’t know, I’ll be right back.”

Janecek stepped out of the room and walked to the now-vacated lab room. He pulled twice on his erection, which again felt good, but accomplished nothing.

He decided to have a little fun with his little opinionated patient. He pulled an empty medicine bottle out of a drawer and began drooling into it, tablespoon after tablespoon.

He was startled when Selena stepped up behind him.

“Dr Janecek, you really hurt Elaine’s feelings this morning.”

He stopped drooling, then turned around with a pleasant expression. “I’m sorry, Selena. I ... WAS ... a little short this morning. I will apologize to her later.”

“That ... would be good.”

He smiled. “Is that all, Selena?”

This was too easy. Every sense in Selena’s body was telling her that something was still quite wrong. “Yes, sir. That’s all.”

“Good. I will get with her right after I’m done with this patient.”

“Yes, sir.” Selena stepped back out of the lab room.

This little cunt was trying to tell him how to run his office. She, who got all goddam high and mighty about his rape, who thought that SHE might have fared better against attackers, SHE was going to tell him how to run his office. Did she want his LIFE too?

“No, Selena,” he whispered, “I don’t think so.”

Dr Janecek walked calmly to the refrigerators. One was used to keep specimens cool. The other was used by the staff to store their lunches. He opened the door to the staff refrigerator.

“Hmmmm, now which one is your water bottle, Selena? Yes, the one with the blue top. You use the same one every day, don’t you, dear? Very, very dangerous.” He pulled the bottle out, removed the top, then began drooling into it, tablespoon after tablespoon.

Finally, he screwed the top back on and shook it to mix the water and spittle thoroughly. “Yeah, you never know who might do something nasty to it.”