The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Hat Shop

It was a hot day. It was a really hot day. Shannon’s poor head felt it was cooking itself in the burning weather. She had been outside all day, going from shop to shop picking up a few things for her new wardrobe. Sometimes it was hard to be a klutz. In the past week, she had spilt wine over three of her favorite outfits. It didn’t really help that whenever Shannon drank wine, she usually ended up wasted. It had been a bad week, and she found herself drinking a lot more than usual.

She had already spent more money that she had intended, but the heat was getting to her. She needed something to cool her down, like an ice cold drink or a rest in the shade. She almost wished that it would snow, if only for a moment. Something to take the edge off. Lost in thought, Shannon had not noticed where she had been going. She looked up to realize that this was not a part of the city she had ever been in before. The sidewalk was littered with various shops. Unable to bear it any longer, Shannon ducked into the nearest one. If she had any luck, they would have A/C. And a place to sit. Oh, she thought as she opened the door, please let them have a place to sit.

Shannon was pleasantly surprised to feel a blast of cold air on her face. The store she found herself in was nice, not run down or gaudy at all. Their inventory was rather strange, though. Nothing but hats. Hats were lined up neatly in rows on clean white shelves across either side of the store. Shannon did not see a salesperson anywhere. It was almost like she had the whole place to herself.

Well, she thought, taking in her surroundings, as long as I’m here I might as well look around. Shannon knew she wasn’t really in the market for hats right now, but what could be the harm in looking?

“May I help you?” a voice behind her chimed.

Shannon nearly jumped out of her skin. She turned to see a friendly looking young woman smiling brightly at her. She looked to be in her mid-twenties. She had long, straight black hair that ran almost all the way down her back. On her head she sported a white baseball cap, probably one of the store’s latest fashions.

“Um... well, you see—” Shannon choked out. She felt her cheeks blush.

“Do you need help finding anything? Or are you just here to browse?” There was something off about the woman, though Shannon couldn’t quite place it. A voice in the back of her mind told her that there wasn’t anything to be worried about, and this pretty woman was simply there to help her.

“To be honest,” Shannon began sheepishly, “I just ducked in here to get out of the sun for a while.”

The woman laughed. Shannon found herself laughing along with her. “That’s okay, hon! It’s been a real scorcher of a Summer this year. You won’t believe how many people we get coming in here and saying that.”

Shannon felt relieved. Anything peculular about this woman seemed to vanish. Her pearly white smile was reassuring. Why had Shannon been so nervous? This woman seemed so nice. After all, she was only there to help her. “Well since I’m in here, a hat would be really nice for some shade.”

“That’s the spirit, hon! Now, my name is Jordan. I’ll be super glad to help you today. Here at The Hat Shop, we have any style, color, make, and brand you could possibly imagine. The only question is, where do you want to start?”

The question left Shannon at a blank. She was never really much of a hat person. She always had thought she looked ugly in them. In fact, most of the time she avoided them like the plague. Her head was usually too big for them, anyway. And she could never find one that went with anything. “Well, is there anything particular you reccommend?”

Jordan laughed again. Once more, Shannon felt herself laughing along with her. All pretenses of being uncomfortable around this beautiful woman were completely gone. “It doesn’t work like that, I’m afraid. You don’t choose the hat, hon. The hat chooses you.“

“What do you mean?” Shannon was a little confused. The way Jordan was talking, the tone in her voice, almost made it seem like the hats were alive. She laughed the thought away almost instantly. It was stupid of her to even think like that! Hats were just hats, after all. There was nothing sinister about them whatsoever. Right?

“Well it’s kinda like buying a car. You know, that feeling you get when you see one and think ‘Wow! That one is definitely mine.’ You know what I’m talking about? You just have to try a couple on and see for yourself.”

Shannon nodded, understanding. There were plently of mirrors around the store. She was sure she could find a hat she’d look great in. But I don’t look good in hats, is what Shannon wanted to say. But instead, she found herself gazing up and down the shelves, looking at hats of all shapes and sizes. Jordan smiled, and told her that she needed to take care of something in the back. So Shannon was left alone.

She tried on a couple, but none of them seemed to fit her. She tried flatbacks, baseball caps, floppy hats, and visors. But she didn’t like any of them. After almost a half hour of searching, she was about ready to give up. But then she heard something.

Try me.

Was she going crazy? The voice came from somewhere. One of the shelves, it seemed like. But that was insane; she must have been hearing things.

Try me. You’ll love me.

There it was again. Shannon could definitely tell where it was coming from. She walked to the end of the store, following the disembodied voice that was beckoning her foward.

Wear me. You’ll never want to take me off.

She stopped in front of a pink trucker hat with a white front. It had the words ‘Baby Doll’ printed in sparkly pink letters. Shannon knew she was crazy. She wouldn’t be caught dead in something like that in a million years. It might as well have said ‘Bimbo’ right on the front, as tacky as it was.

Wear me. Try me on. You’ll like me. You know you will. Just try me on. What’s the harm in that?

It couldn’t hurt to try it on, could it? As least she could see what it looked like on her head. And if it fit. Besides, it might be funny. She could make fun of all those dumb tramps she always saw walking down the street. She picked the hat up, smiling a little as she did so. This was going to be funny, wasn’t it?

It was actually kind of pretty, on closer inspection. Shannon found herself turning the hat over in her hands, marvelling at the way the glittery lettering caught the light. It was almost... mesmerizing.

Go on. Try me. Try me on. Obey...

Shannon shrugged, and looking around to make sure Jordan wouldn’t creep up on her again, she put it on her head. It was an adjustable band, but it fit perfectly on Shannon’s head her first try. Shannon had never worn such a comfortable hat before. It felt almost... natural on her head. She walked over to the nearest mirror and was surprised at what she saw.

She looked so cute! The hat accented her blonde hair and blue eyes perfectly. Shannon had never really noticed it before. Had her hair always been blonde? And her eyes... she had always thought they were green. For some reason she couldn’t remember. It was all... fuzzy. She stood, transfixed, obsessed with the reflection smiling happily back at her. It felt... good wearing this hat. It felt right. It almost felt like she was meant to wear it.

You are.

“How is everything going? Did you find one you like?”

Shannon turned to see Jordan’s pearly whites greeting her. She giggled. She was so happy. “I love it, like, SO MUCH. It’s uber cute!”

Jordan nodded. “I told you! You don’t pick the hat; it always picks you. Now, follow me to the cash register and I’ll get you taken care of. Do you want to wear it out?”

Somewhere in the back of her head, Shannon felt that yes, she should take the hat off. But she felt a sudden tingle as she caught her reflection once more in a nearby mirror.

Never take it off. Obey. You love the way you look in this hat. Shannon smiled vacantly, another tingling sensation in her pussy telling her that she was aroused.

You look gorgeous. You never want to take it off. Obey...

“No, I don’t think I’ll ever take it off!” Shannon giggled again and pulled her wallet out of her purse. She heard a price, but price didn’t matter. She was already so wet. She knew she needed to buy the hat, no matter the cost. She pulled her wallet out of her purse, giggling all the while, and paid. Jordan waved her out, smiling and congratulating her on her new purchase.

As Shannon walked out into the hot Summer air, suddenly it didn’t seem as hot. She felt nice and cool. Her cute new hat took care of that for her. She felt so... wonderful. Her brain was filled with cotton candy. Everything seemed brighter, more cheerful. But Shannon knew what she really wanted to do now. All she wanted was to obey. Obey the new voice in her head, the very same voice that had gotten her into her wonderful new hat.

You are so aroused. Obeying me makes you so hot. All you want to do is rub your pussy. You need sex. You crave sex. You are a mindless bimbo. Your mind is empty. You do not need to worry about thinking anymore. You will never have to worry about anything ever again.

And you will never take me off.

She knew it was right. Suddenly, all Shannon wanted to do was go home and masturbate. Masturbate until she reached orgasm after orgasm. She giggled, the thought sending a chill of excitement down her spine. All she needed to do was obey. She had never felt so good. She had never felt so wonderful.

She loved her new hat.