The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hero of the Day

by J. Darksong

* * *

(Chapter 7: Cupid de Lock)

Grab her attention, swift and quick...

“You know, we’ve really gotta stop meeting like this,” I quipped, ducking for cover behind a metal support beam in this abandoned construction site. “I mean, we’re both adults, both civic minded citizens. I’d think that in a city this size two rational adults wearing strangely colored costumes could co-exist without trying to destroy one another.”

“In your dreams, Speedy,” Ultra Girl shouted, striking out with her laser vision, melting a section of the support behind I had hidden behind. “I’ve been keeping tabs on you the past few days. You’ve taken, what? Six of the local heroes out of action, brainwashing then, converting them to this weird new cult you’re preaching?” She fired again, and I rolled out of the way, wincing as micro splatters of molten metal rained down around me. “Well, I’m not about to let you do that to anyone else!”

“Okay. First of all, it was EIGHT supers, not six. Secondly, it’s NOT a cult! We’re just a group of people who... devoutly worship and serve a beautiful and charismatic woman... and, spread Her message of love and devotion to... hmmm... er... okay, I suppose it IS kind of a cult. But... there’s nothing sinister about it!”

I had just enough time to dive for cover as another blast from her eyes scorched the concrete where I’d been standing a moment before.

“Yeah, right! Tell me another one,” she growled. “You guys are all the same... just wanting to dig your tentacle into my brain and turn it to mush!” She flew forward, faster than I anticipated, and clocked me across the jaw, sending me sprawling to the ground. Standing over me, face red, eyes shining with unshed tears, she glared down at me. “You want me to just roll over and let you take control of my mind? No thanks. I’ve had my brain scrambled more times that I care to count, by people I should have been able to depend on and trust!” She kicked me, hard, in the ribs. “And now, you’re just like all the rest... trying to twist my mind, make me into a puppet all over again!”

Okay. I have to admit, she DID have a point... I did a bit of background checking on the hot blonde kicking my ass, and she’d had it pretty rough. She’d only been a super for a few months, still new to her powers when she’d been subverted by her high school guidance counselor, who’d hypnotized her and several other girls into his own little under-aged harem. She’d managed to escape through a twist of fate, alerting the police and bringing down his whole operation. A few years later she fell victim to her college professor, who was, in fact, her archvillian nemesis, Dr. Mania. After him, she’d been ensnared by The Mentalist, then Giovanni of the Evil Eight... and of course, just recently, by Janet Michaud. Either the girl was a magnet for evil mind controllers, or she was on the worst lucky streak in history.

It almost made me feel bad for what I was about to do.

As she leaned in to kick me yet again, I reached out, grabbing her foot, and pulled, jerking her off balance. As she fell, I jerked and twisted, pulling her left boot. This served two very important points: one, it stopped her from kicking the SHIT out of me—as it was, I’d probably be peeing blood for a week with bruised kidneys, and; two, it exposed Ultra Girl’s greatest weakness. Before she could move out of range, I grabbed her sock covered foot, holding on for all my worth.

She froze, staring down at me with eyes widened, wondering if I knew. I grinned right back up at her, letting her know I knew. Panic gripped her, as she bit her lip, no doubt resisting the urge to cry out, not knowing whether to beg, or threaten, but too scared to do either. Gingerly, I stroked my index finger along her cardigan covered sole.

“Gaaahhhhhhh,” she hissed softly, shuddering violently, her entire body going limp. Not wanting her to get hurt, I released her leg, catching her as she fell, placing her gently against the grass. Moving back down to her feet, I caressed her sole once more, working her other boot slowly off her foot. Her eyes fluttered, and her fingers spasmed. Her head turned towards me, her mouth opening and closing, trying to speak, but only nonsensical babbling issued forth. Smirking evilly, still caressing her sock-covered peds, I kissed her lips.

“Just relax, Karen,” I cooed softly, shifting into my hypnotic voice resonance. “There’s no reason to be afraid now. Shhhh. It’s okay. Just relax... I’m not going to hurt you... I’m going to help you. You’ll be much happier once you serve the Goddess just like me.”

I have to give it to her, she struggled. She fought. She resisted with all her might. She put up a much better fight than Sister Angela had... but this time around I was more confident, more experienced... and I knew her secret weakness. A by-product of her time under Dr. Mania’s sway, being ensnared by his mind-altering Neuroweave fibers disguised cleverly as socks had given her a raging foot fetish. Even now, she still wore the Neuroweave socks on her feet, sending each soft stroke and caress of my fingers straight into her brain via her clit. She managed to hold on for more than five minutes before she finally went rigid, howling in pleasure before descending into mindless multi-orgasmic bliss.

From conversations with the demented doctor himself, I knew that was a new record for her. She usually lasted less than a minute.

I gazed deep into her glazed over eyes, kissing her again, and this time she returned it with interest. Her arms reached around, pulling me tight against her, and I sighed softly, letting my own pleasure and lust flow forward, adding to her own. “Give yourself to the Goddess,” I whispered to her softly before kissing her again. She didn’t speak. She didn’t have to. I felt her bend, felt her surrender and give in, and the power flowed through me, into her. I screamed in our kiss, cumming hard as the sheer pleasure and power overwhelmed me just as before, clutching my newest Sister tightly, as we rode out the waves of love and submission together...

Awareness returned sometime later, and I marveled again at Goddess’ power. Karen and I lay in a small alcove on the ground, the grass and dirt displaced by Her anointing of a new Acolyte, yet both of our costumes remained intact. Of course, aside from my taking of Avenging Angel and Sexy Seraph that first time, it really hasn’t been beneficial burning off my target’s clothes in the middle of their conversion... especially when you’re trying to make a discrete retreat afterwards.

Still, something about having two utterly beautiful, utterly naked angel-winged lovelies flying through the city skies just seemed right to me, that time.

“Mmmmm... Master,” Karen cooed softly, snuggling against me before opening her eyes. “Wow... I feel so... so... mmmmmm....”

“I know,” I said, stretching. “I tried to tell you it would be different. You’re not a mindless puppet, or a sex-crazed nymphomaniac. You’re still you, Karen... still Ultra Girl... but you’re also more. Having the Goddess in your life is fulfillment. And that’s what She stands for: Love and Fulfillment.”

“You’re right, Master,” she said serenely. “I never guess... I had no idea I could ever feel so... complete.”

I grinned. “Believe me, I know. My lover literally had to bring me in in chains. Oh, and I’m not your Master, dear one. I’m merely a servant of the Goddess, just like you. You’re my Sister now, Karen.”

Smiling, she leaned forward, kissing me deeply, leaving me somewhat breathless. “Well, Big Brother,” she said with a wink, “if I stripped you naked, pressed you down into the grass, and thanked you intently for the next few hours for bringing me to the Goddess... would that count as incest?”

I was sorely tempted. I mean, so far most of my time was spent recruiting Supers that would be helpful and useful to the Goddess, with little time left over to fully enjoy all the offers of thanks I was being solicited with. Still, it was Goddess Aphrodite’s will.

“Sorry, Ultra Girl, perhaps later. There is much work to do. We have to spread the word of our Goddess out to the rest of the world, starting with the city.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Ultra Girl nodded serenely. “The will of the Goddess comes before all else.” Dusting off her costume, she sighed. “So, what do we do now?”

“For now, nothing. Just go about your life as normal, helping where you can, righting wrongs, and being the hero that you are. When you find someone worthy of serving the Goddess, you will know, and She will speak to you... and show you how to convert them.” I sighed. “As for myself, I have a previous engagement that I’m running late for. If I need you, I’ll call you. And, if you should need your ‘Big Brother’, you know how to reach me.”

Bidding her farewell, I turned and ran, heading back into the city again. I’d had the forethought to lead Ultra Girl to an abandoned construction site on the outskirts of the city to keep collateral damage and possible exposure to a minimum. I only wish I’d had the forethought to arrange for transport back into the city. Geez... even if I CAN run back home in one-third the time it would take in a car, it’s still RUNNING... I’ve definitely been getting more than my share of exercise lately... gonna have to stop off at Robble King for a snack before I meet up with Aunt Eva for dinner.

Or rather, I would have, had something big hadn’t come up.

Something big, brown, and ugly, with an attitude to match.

Skidding to a stop just inside the city limits, I gaped in surprise as Andy “Stonewall” Jackson burst through a brick wall just in front of me. “Hah, hah, you stupid buncha jerks ain’t got nuthin’ on ol’ Stonewall! Ain’t no one stoppin’ me this... eh?” His eyes widened as he finally saw me. “DAMMIT! I don’t believe this shit! Of all the rotten luck... to make my move and almost trip over a damned longjohn wearing...” His eyes narrowed, and a slow smile crept across his lips as recognition filtered in.

“Hey... wait a minute... I know you. Yer that kid... that fast running little peckerwood with a nice right hook!”

Ah shit. I’d kinda hoped he’d forgotten THAT part.

“Well, kid, yer in my way. I’m about fifteen feet from the county line, and once I cross, them city cops won’t be able to do squat! So get to running... unless you fancy a rematch?” He cracked his knuckles, his solid, tree-branch-sized fingers sounding like gunshots.

Damn... should have brought Ultra Girl along with me after all.

“Alright, Gruesome,” I said with a smile, “I’m off duty right now. It’s been a pretty full day for me, so what say you give me a rain check on the rema—”

WHAM!

Well, the guy can apparently move when he wants to. I’d had enough of a warning to bring up both my arms and jerk back away from him before the blow landed. The distance helped; using my forearms, not so much. I tumbled backwards, end over end, landing hard on the ground, and rolled for several more feet before coming to a stop in the dirt. I sat up slowly, checking myself internally—no broken ribs this time, both arms still good, alright—but grunted, spitting out blood, and a cracked tooth.

“Ah, what’s the matter, kid?” he taunted, stomping towards me. “Was that too fast for ya?” He laughed sinisterly. “That was just a little ‘love tap’. I still owe you for bringing me down, last time we fought. Because of you, I spent the last five months in solitary. I intend to make you pay, kid... by ripping you limb from limb!”

At which point I decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Jokes aside, hero-villain banter aside, I was in waaaaaayyy over my head with this guy. Ultra Girl MIGHT have been able to take him. Maybe. Even Omega Girl had a rough time with this guy. Yeah, I’d beaten him once, with a single well-placed hit... but only because he’d underestimated me, and given me a clean shot. Now, he knew what I could do, and he wasn’t pulling his own punches.

Getting to my feet, I waved. “Um... okay. Bye!” I said, tearing off down the road past head, heading back into town. All I really needed to do was to put enough distance between us, call in some help, then—

BA-THOOM!

I felt, then heard, the shockwave, having just enough time to think what the hell? before the ground underneath me buckled and lurched, sending my flying forward uncontrollably, right into the side of a building. Stunned, I glanced up at the swirling lights for a few minutes, trying to stop the world from spinning underneath me. By the time the sparkles and dots faded and the cobwebs cleared, I realized the earth wasn’t spinning beneath me... but it WAS shaking. Stonewall came tromping up quickly, making the ground shudder with each heavy step.

Damn. Musta smashed the ground with all his weight once I started running, to cause a damned earthquake... just like he did against Silver Serpent that time... heh... shoulda remembered that...

“How rude,” he grinned, jerking me back to my feet by my collar. “Running off like that... and we were just getting started. You know what, kid? Rude people piss me off! I think I’m going to have some more fun with you before I finally kill you!”

Raising a hand in front of his face, I managed a weak smile. “Well, if you want fun, try THIS on for size!” With that, I let loose with a sonic blast, point blank range, right in the middle of his face.

Let me tell you... sound energy can be a powerful thing when used correctly. Part energy, part concussive force, it can be used from anything to sensing your surroundings, to brainwashing hapless individuals, from healing the sick and treating cancer, to leveling mountains. I’d learned early on in the development of my powers that there were SOME ways you simply don’t use it. You don’t go hypersonic unless you plan to liquefy the brains of everyone within range. You don’t hit supersonic speeds in crowded areas with people unless you WANT the backlash to whip them around like a tornado. And you don’t fire a sonic blast full force at point blank range unless you’re trying to disintegrate someone.

It took several seconds for the smoke and dust to clear. Suffice it to say my body fed on, emitted, and internalized sonic energy, and even MY ears rang. The dust finally cleared, and...

Ahhh... fuck me!

Stonewall Jackson scowled at me, looking none the worse for wear, perhaps a little bit dusty. “You know, kid,” he said after a moment, lifting me a foot off the ground, “that wasn’t much fun at all. It didn’t hurt... kinda itched a little... but it sure wasn’t fun. So, was that it? Was that your big plan? Blast me with loud head-banging music and hope I decide to let you go?” His other hand rose up, striking me in the gut like a piledriver. “Sorry, kid. Despite the way I look, I’m NOT a huge ‘rock’ fan. But if yer wondering ‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’... its tolling for you, kid.”

A bright blast of scarlet blinded me temporarily... despite the fact that my eyes were already closed. Wondering if things had suddenly gone from hopeless to worse, I let out a sigh of relief and a wordless thank you to my Goddess.

“Put him down,” Ultra Girl said, hovering several feet above them both, glaring down at Stonewall with glowing crimson eyes. “Now.”

The big bruiser laughed. “Har har har. Ain’t this rich? Scrawny here ain’t MAN ENOUGH to beat me by himself, so now he’s gonna have his cupie doll GIRLFRIEND take a whack at it! Ha ha ha... pitiful.”

“I said, put him down,” Karen warned him. “I won’t ask again.”

Grinning evilly, he reared back. “If you want him so bad... here CATCH!” Hurling me like a fastball, he launched me into Ultra Girl!!

Who smoothly caught me, and planted me gently down on the ground.

“Nice catch,” he said, gruffly, grabbing hold of a telephone pole, jerking it free from the concrete. “Let’s see how you do with this one!”

In reply, Ultra Girl responded with a flash of laser vision, turning the wooden pole to ash in the surprised villains hands. “Huh. Well aren’t you a little firecracker. Nice eyes, cutie... but you’ll have to do better than that to beat me!” He slammed a huge fist against his chest. “My body is harder than diamond! I feel no pain! So come on, baby... GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!”

“Have it your way.”

Ultra Girl’s eyes flashed brilliantly, and a blaze of scarlet light shone forth. Stonewall let out a loud bellow as the powerful beam struck him, slamming him down to the ground, pinning him there. I’ve seen Ultra Girl’s laser blasts several times—up close and personal when she’d used them on me earlier today—but energy she was putting out right now was easily ten times her usual maximum output. The ground around Stonewall bubbled and melted, fusing together like molten plastic, and when she finally stopped, her foe lay facedown, motionless, in a blackened smoking crater the size of an Olympic swimming pool.

When she floated back over to me, the only thing I could think to say was, “Whoa.”

“Whoa, indeed,” she agreed softly. “I’ve never been able to do that before. But when he threatened you, Brother... I don’t know... I felt the Goddess’ power welling up inside me... felt Her outrage, Her anger, Her... power... added to my own...”

I nodded, understanding. My own powers had increased thanks to the Goddess’ blessing. Walking over to the crater, I asked, “Is he dead?”

“No,” Karen shook her head. “I held back at the end. I want him alive... to bring to the Goddess.”

I blinked. “Him? You’re serious?”

“Absolutely. You said yourself, the Goddess will require champions to defend Her and help to spread Her message of Hope and Love. She lead me here, Brother, not just to save you, but to convert him as well. Imagine... his strength and power, put to a GOOD use for a change, in service of the Goddess!”

I found myself agreeing with her. After all, it was Goddess Aphrodite’s will. I ignored the twinge in my gut at the thought of Stonewall in league with my kind gentle loving Goddess.

After all, if anyone could tame that walking cement slab, it was the Goddess of Love.

* * *

I arrived at the hospital shortly before six. Yeah, I was seriously running late for my dinner date with Aunt Eva, but I’d had to stay and make sure Ultra Girl straightened out everything with the boys in blue about taking Stonewall back with her. Thankfully, the twins had had a little ‘heart-to-heart’ with dear old dad; consequently, the mayor, having ‘rethought’ his position, decided to remove the city wide ban on me, and reinstate my license. While most of the police force had already been converted, the three officers that showed up at the edge of town in response to all the chaos and commotion were not among the blessed.

Ultra Girl and I corrected that little oversight easily enough.

Just outside the building, I dialed Aunt Eva’s cell again, but again, no answer. Sighing, I left her a quick voice mail, telling her that I was sorry, and running late, but that I’d be over soon as I left the hospital. It was strange for her not to answer, though; she closed her office at five, and rarely scheduled anyone that late for an hour long session. Still, it has happened before. Maybe if she’s running later herself, she won’t mind my being a few minutes late as well.

Entering Veronica’s hospital room, all other concerns faded from my mind. Ever since receiving the Goddess’ blessing I’d looked forward to this moment. She lay there, as always, sleeping so soundly, so still, you would almost believe she was dead. The medical displays said otherwise, however; her pulse and heartbeat were strong, and her breathing good. I gently stroked the side of her face, so calm and serene... and was I mistaken or did she just turn into my touch?

~Trust in My Power~ a soft voice spoke in my ear, in my mind, calming and reassuring me. Yeah. I could do this. Maybe not with my own power... but I wasn’t alone was I?

To make sure we wouldn’t be disturbed, I switched all the monitors to ‘silent mode’, and then placed a dome of sound dampening energy around the room like the ones I’d placed at the nurse’s station. Satisfied that no one would intrude, I turned back to the bed.

“Come on, Veronica,” I said, focusing all my power, my attention on her. “It’s time to wake up. I know you’re there... resting now, deep inside your own mind... but it’s time to awaken.” I leaned forward, kissing her cheek softly, feeling her cool soft skin warm underneath my lips. A touch to the breathing tube taped to her lips dissolved it, vanishing like smoke into thin air, only to be replaced with my mouth as I covered hers, giving and receiving the breath of Life within her.

She gasped suddenly, breathing in deeply, sucking the air from me... and then continued, draining not only my very breath from me, but my energy and strength. I was a battery, being drained in order to jumpstart her mind and body. After the kind of day I’d just had, I was wilting to begin with, but now what little energy I possessed was being sucked out of me. Don’t get me wrong—just like every interaction with my Goddess’ power, it was pure ecstasy, pure bliss... but...

You know the feeling when you’ve been having sex for a long while now, and you’re getting tired, you’re really turned on, nearly there, but its a race to see whether orgasm or fatigue will take you first? Yeah, kinda like that.

I was fading fast. Just when I thought I had no more to give, I felt a hand, then another, touch my face, holding my head in place, not letting me break the kiss just yet. Opening my eyes, I stared deep into Roni’s eyes, finally opened, gazing at me with complete wonder, love, and devotion, and deep deep longing, that I lost it, cumming again, and feeling her cum with me, feeling the sexual energy and life essence draining out of me suddenly returned with interest.

Words can’t clearly convey the feeling, the sheer... mmmmmmm... the best description I can think of would be to say that, for an instant, our souls merged. In that moment, I felt her, knew her, all of her, every bit of her, and she knew all of me. And we both knew our Goddess, the binding Force that sustained and kept us, molded us... shaped us...

“Parker.”

Roni’s voice brought be back from my musings. She yawned and stretched, pushing away the covers, and sitting up. “What happened to me? Why do I feel so... so good?” She sighed softly, sliding a hand along her arm, then frowned, noting the IV and probes still taped to her. “I... I remember now... the fight... bringing you here, then heading back... to try and free Omega Girl...” Her eyes widened. “I died... but I heard your voice calling me back... your voice... and... Another’s...”

I nodded softly. “The Goddess Aphrodite, Roni. It was She who called you back... I was just the instrument She used.”

Veronica smiled, closing her eyes in pleasure. “Yes. I understand now. I was called back to aid Her, just as you and the others were.” She sighed, opening her eyes. “But... I am not yet ready to serve. I’ve been in this bed for so long... existing off IV dripped fluids for all these months... my strength is almost non-existent. It’ll take me a while to regain what I’ve lost.”

“I understand,” I replied getting to my feet. “Time is short, but I think you’ll be surprised as just how quickly you’ll regain your strength. Our Goddess has chosen you, Veronica, and when the time come that you’re needed, She will give you the strength you need to act.”

“Thank you, Brother,” she said formally, then smiling shyly, added, “Perhaps once you’ve finished your other duties, you’ll come back to visit me again. We have a lot to catch up on.”

“That we do,” I agreed, returning her smile. “For now, get some more rest. I’ll alert the nurses that you’ve awakened, and have them bring you something a bit more solid to eat.”

Needless to say, I left the hospital in a much better mood. The Great Work was progressing slowly, too slowly for my tastes, but it was progressing. With every new convert, there was another body to spread Her Glory, and in turn, convert others. It was important to go slowly, to not arouse too much attention too soon. As it was, my Brothers and Sisters were doing remarkably well, attracting exactly the right level of notice to bring in those who could help our cause without attracting the notice of Supers capable of beating us all and exposing the Great Work to the world at large too soon.

And now Veronica will be a part of it as well. Her skills and power as Shinobi will be a great benefit to the Goddess... but it’s just good to have her back again. I mean... it’s not as if I don’t still have feelings for Jennifer, too. Through the Goddess, we love without boundaries, and without jealousy... but I’ve been so busy lately, and Jenn and Jazz have been exploring their own new relationship... it will be nice to have someone that I have feelings for AND can work to spread Goddess Aphrodite’s Message to as well.

“Penny for your thoughts.”

I whirled around in the parking lot. “Ah? Oh... Aunt Eva! You surprised me! I was just going to meet you.”

She sighed softly, nodding. “Yes, I know. So I decided to meet you here as well... and save some time.”

Something felt a little off. “Um... so...” I said slowly, walking towards her, “where are we going for dinner tonight? I was thinking of the Grand China Buffet over on 6th Street—”

“Do you think I’m blind, Parker?” Eva said after a moment, crossing her arms. “Or maybe you think I’m stupid... too stupid to realize what’s going on with you these days?”

Ah, shit...

“You’ve been avoiding me for the past week, trying to keep me from sensing what had happened to you,” she accused, stepping closer. “The simple fact that you’ve been avoiding me told me something was wrong. So, I did a little digging.”

I sighed deeply, gathering my reserves, what little there were. “So you’re a detective in your spare time, now, hmmm? Okay... I’ll play along. What did you find out?”

She pulled a file folder from behind her back, opening it, and holding it up for me to see. “Venus Satore, age current 28, true parents unknown, she was orphaned at the tender age of 7, she was adopted by David and Rita Belisarius, of the New York Belisauius’. Five years later, Mr. and Mrs. Belisarius died under mysterious circumstances, leaving Venus the sole heir to their fortune, which she inherited at age 18. There’s nothing in her file again for almost seven years, when she emerged again, as a consultant for one of the top modeling agencies in the country. She owns majority shares in several businesses, legitimate and otherwise... moved to River City last year, and although she travels extensively, has set up residency here.”

Okay. Maybe she IS a detective in her spare time, after all.

“I also happen to know that she has the power to twist minds,” she continued on ruthlessly, “to overwhelm the feelings and emotions of people, and make them dance to her tune.” My eyes narrowed, and I felt the hint of an emotion I no longer thought I was even capable of feeling: anger. “Look at what she has you doing, Parker! You’re attacking your friends and comrades, beating them down, then scrambling their brains until they’re as addled as you are!”

“That’s not true!” I yelled back, anger surging. “I’m helping them... helping them all to see the light!”

“Blinding them with the light, you mean,” she quipped. “And speaking of blind, you’d have to be not to realize what’s going on! This so-called ‘Goddess’ of yours isn’t a Savior... she’s no hero, trying to spread love and good will!”

“Stop it!” Anger growing.

“All she really is, is a ruthless—”

“SHUT UP!” Building.

“—manipulative—”

“STOP!!” Rage. Fury. Tempest.

“—spiteful, little bitch, bent on vengeance,” she finished.

I glared at her, my fists clenched tight. Intellectually, I knew she was standing there in her usual white attire, business skirt, white blouse, and white thigh high boots... but at the moment all I saw was red. She’d DARED to besmirch the honor and glory of my Goddess! My fists slowly uncurled, fingers spreading wide apart.

Vengeance? Oh no, Aunt Eva, you don’t have the slightest idea what vengeance is... but you’re damn well about to learn!

“Grrraaaaaahhhh!!” I yelled, bringing up my right hand, sending a blast of sonic energy at my hapless aunt. My timing and aim was flawless, giving her no time at all to dodge... and yet the only destruction I caused was to the file folder she’d held, and the car parked right behind her. Aunt Eve merely smiled, tilting her head to the side.

“Do you feel better now that you’ve vented?” she asked me.

“Damn you!” I snarled, swinging wildly, suddenly realizing the problem as my fist swam through her. “Astral projection, huh? Couldn’t say that load of crap to my face, you had to send out a pale imitation of the real you!” I glanced around quickly, scouting the area. “Fine. Play your games if you like. I know the range on your holographic shadow... the real you is close by. I just need to flush you out!” With that, I let loose, firing wildly, blasting every car in the parking lot, every bush or tree within range, hitting anything that might have served as shelter for her during our little exchange. Her astral self vanished an instant before the real Eva struck, popping out behind a bush I hadn’t yet destroyed. We exchanged kata for a few seconds before she connected with a lucky kick, sending me to the ground.

“Sorry, Parker,” she said, staring down at me, breathing hard. “You’re done. You’ve used too much power and energy. You’ve got nothing left. Just stay down. Don’t worry... I’ll break you free of her spell.”

She was right, and she was wrong. Yes, I’d used way too much power, shooting sonic blasts like they were BB’s or something. But, no, she wasn’t going to break me out of some ‘spell’. Yeah, I was down... but no way was I done. Not by a long shot.

I was out of power... but I wasn’t powerless.

Using my link to the Goddess, I channeled Her strength, and Her power through me. Power flowed through me once more, into my hands, clutching the grass, and learning from my encounter with Stonewall, focused and poured every last bit of juice I had left into the ground itself.

THWOOOM!

Eva cried out in alarm as the ground underneath her feet exploded, flinging her into the air like a rag doll, before dumping her unceremoniously to the ground. Stunned, she groaned, laying there as I regained my feet, towering over her this time.

“If my Goddess was as evil and vengeful as you seem to think,” I said evenly, reaching down, jerking her up by her hair, “then I’d just snap your neck and be done with it. But I can feel Her disapproval... and Her desire. She wants you on Her side, so by Goddess, She’ll have you! I’m going to show you the Way, Aunt Eva,” I said with an evil grin, “and there’s no one in this whole entire world that’s going to stop me!”

“That’s what you think, young man!” a very familiar voice called out behind me. “Put Eva down right now, or I promise you, there will be hell to pay!”

Disbelieving, I turned around, and my eyes confirmed it even as my mind rejected what I was seeing and hearing.

“MOM!?!” I exclaimed in shock. “What the heck are YOU doing here?!?”

((end of chapter 7))