The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hero of the Day

by J. Darksong

* * *

(Chapter 8: And I Ran)

Needless to say, I ran. I ran, so far away...

I couldn’t get away. Not even close. Have you ever seen those cartoons where the guy gets scared and tries to run away, but for the first few seconds he’s just stuck in place, legs pumping like crazy, kicking out a cloud of dust but making no forward progress? Well, it was just like that, only worse. I was running flat out at my maximum speed, easily fast enough to break the sound barrier—and I hadn’t traveled more than a foot from my starting point.

My Mom stood a few feet away, frowning, glaring at me as she held me in place, her power causing me to hover less than a millimeter from the ground, close enough to touch, close enough to even FEEL the ground beneath me in passing, but still far enough from the ground to keep me from getting enough traction to push off.

Aunt Eva, having regained her feet, walked over to her, panting slightly. “So nice of you to join me, sis,” she said wryly. “I was beginning to think you weren’t going to show up.”

“Sorry, but I almost didn’t,” she admitted. “The superhero thing is more up your alley, Eva, not mine. I just came because my son needs me.”

“I don’t need you!” I shouted back angrily, raising my hands. “What I NEED is for you to LET ME GO!”

“HEY! Watch your mouth, young man!” my Mom snapped back, punctuating each syllable with a telekinetic slap of my backside. “No matter how grown up you get, I’m still your mother.”

Tactically unsound maneuver, if you think about it. Yet, in this case, absolutely effective. Yelping, I lowered my hands, rubbing lightly on my smarting rear, feeling all sorts of perplexed. On the one hand, I served my Goddess, whose will was above reproach, and whose task I had sworn to fulfill. On the other hand, this was my MOTHER. Sure, I’d been ready to sonic blast her into next Tuesday if it would have made her release me—she was an enemy of the Goddess, after all! But somehow, having her chastise me, and use that motherly tone of voice on me stripped the heroic avenger right out of me, reducing me to a five year old boy who’d been caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

While I stood there, frozen, unsure of what to do, the sisters acted, moving in perfect synch, as if they’d practiced this sort of thing all their life. Aunt Eva, lifting off the ground by my mom’s power, rushed at me, flying straight and true, tackling me to the ground. At the same time, mom lashed me down, wrapping me up in a psychic cocoon, leaving me absolutely no wiggle room. Being attacked broke me out of my indecision; unfortunately for me, the swiftness and accuracy of their maneuver had left me utterly helpless, with the wind knocked out of me, leaving me barely able to breathe, let alone knock them back with a sonic scream.

“Okay...” I managed after a moment, still struggling to breath through the tight invisible bindings. “So... ya got me... but not what? Hmmm? You can’t hold me forever... and even if you did... you can’t stop the Goddess’ plan! NO one can stop Her...”

“Yes, well, we’ll see about that,” Aunt Eva replied with a frown. “But first things first. First step, we break her hold over you.”

“Just try it!” I sneered back defiantly, still struggling to get free, to move just one finger up enough to aim at them. No use. “You should know by now, Auntie, your power can’t break through my defenses.”

“Not HER power, son,” my mother said quietly, stepping forward to hold Eva’s hand. “Mine. Or rather, our combined powers.”

Okay. I should probably explain a few things about my mother.

Aside from the fact that she was basically a copy of Aunt Eva—blonde hair, blue eyes, soft pale skin, large heavy 44DD breasts (er, not that I notice that kind of thing on my mother, of course) and a fairly athletic build, despite childbirth—she was, in all other aspects, Eva’s complete opposite. Whereas Evangeline Martine Snow had been born with a powerful telepathic gift, minor foresight, and very minor telekinetic ability, Anastasia Ariana Snow had been graced with powerful telekinetic power, strong foresight, and only a minor telepathic gift. They were part of the few, whose gifts had been switched on at birth to some degree. Normally, such a talent would have deeply traumatized pair, having voices in your mind, all the time, at such an young age... but my grandmother, who had been likewise gifted, recognized the signs, and helped shield them, teaching them about their gifts from the crib.

As a result, they were supremely confident and adept at controlling their powers at a very early age. And other than using their powers selfishly a few times growing up as teenagers, they’d both decided to use their gifts to the benefit of others. They’d both tried their hand at the super hero gig for a while, with much success, before Eva decided to settle down and go into private practice as a psychologist, and my mother decided to settle down and start a family.

That wasn’t to say that either of them had gotten sloppy or lazy. Mom still helped the local, and occasionally, state police on cases, and living in Midas City, then River City, Aunt Eva had daily chances to practice her gifts. While neither of them was all-powerful, I did feel a bit of concern at the mention of their ‘combined powers’.

She reached out with her free hand, touching me lightly on the forehead. “While my sister cannot shatter your mental shielding, I can. And while I don’t have the mental power to undo the damage that terrible woman did to you, together we are more than a match for her!”

At her touch, I felt... something. It was like a caress, gentle, tender, very familiar, but not physical, mental, inside my head. Deep down inside, I knew she was wrong, that the Goddess’ power was too strong, too powerful, too mighty to be defeated by the two of them, but I was worried nonetheless. Intangible ghostly hands were sifting through my brain, flipping through the pages of my mind, and I began to struggle anew, both physically and mentally, trying to break free. My arms twitched; the strain of trying to probe my mind and keep me immobile was obviously too much of a strain on my mother’s powers. I managed to bring my palms forward, inch by inch, until I could aim at both my Aunt and my Mom.

::...hurry, Ana!:: Aunt Eva’s thoughtspeak voice cried out in worry. I clenched my hands into fists, gathering my remaining energy.

::I’m trying!:: my Mom thought back desperately. ::There’s so much... I can’t find it... I can’t...::

I closed my eyes as I reached my power’s limit, controlling and focusing it into both hands, preparing to strike. I didn’t want to hurt them, but there was no other way...

::There! There it is!:: my mother’s thoughts rushed in with relief.

And my world went white...

* * *

Ana Albinn shook her head slightly to clear it. Glancing around the landscape, she closed her eyes again, shuddering. A touch at her side brought her back in focus.

“Been a while since you manifested your psyche inside someone else’s mind?” Eva hazarded a guess.

“Yeah, sis,” Ana shot back, “I do this EVERY day, after grocery shopping and before book club meetings.” Sighing deeply, she frowned. “So... where are we? Its just a long black hallway, stretching on forever.”

“Well... every mind is different,” Eva said slowly, looking around. “Parker’s opened his mind to me before, and I’ve glanced around a bit, but frankly, I’m at a bit of a loss myself. What we sensed of Parker, the REAL Parker, led us to this place, to this spot. I can only guess he’s somewhere in one of these rooms.”

“I was afraid you were going to say that.” Closing her eyes, she turned, slowly, trying to sense her son’s presence. “It’s there, faint, but there. Ahead of us. C’mon,” she said walking forward.

They traveled along silently for several moments before speaking again. “So, Ana,” Eva said after a while, “what do you think of River City? I mean, this is your first visit here, right?”

Ana sighed. “We haven’t spoken face to face in over ten years, and this is the best you could come up with to start a conversation?”

Frowning, Eva stopped walking. “Well excuse me for trying to be social. And I suppose there’s no reason to point out the fact that it was YOUR choice not to visit me, that its always ME that initiates contact with YOU, not the other way around?” When Ana didn’t respond, Eva sighed, and resumed walking. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to come off so... bitchy.”

“Well, it did anyway.” Ana replied after a moment. “But... it’s okay. I know what you meant. You have tried to reach out to me before... I just wasn’t ready to listen, then.” She bit her lip to keep from whimpering. “I know very well how you felt about Marcus, that you didn’t approve of our chosen... lifestyle.”

“Lifestyle?!?” Eva nearly exploded, before managing to regain control of herself. “Sorry. It’s just... dammit, Anastasia, you were his SLAVE! For God’s sakes, he twisted your mind and made you fall in love with him! You KNOW it... and even after we stopped him from doing taking over the city, after deprogramming you, you decided to stay with him!”

Ana’s hands clenched. “Look, Eva... we’ve had this fight a thousand times. I know full well what he did, what he tried to do. I know he was a supervillain... but what we felt for each other was real. I know, I know... I’ll never be able to convince you that it wasn’t merely some residual psychic damage from his attempt to enslave me, the same way I’ll never be able to convince you that despite it all he loved me in his own... twisted sort of way. No matter how it happened, we fell in love.” She sighed, staring down. “It hurt that you refused to come to his funeral, that you couldn’t bury the hatchet with him even after his death. You’re my sister, Eva... my TWIN sister. If anything, you should have been standing there beside me—”

“I know!” Eva growled, hands clenched into fists. The entire hallway shook slightly, causing both women to freeze. “Alright... we both need to calm down here. It’s our combined psychic energies are what’s keeping us here, and bringing up the past like this is just causing us to lose cohesion... we have to focus on working together if we’re going to help Parker. Truce?”

“Truce.” She started walking forward again.

“Good,” Eva replied, following close behind. And, after a few minutes. “For what its worth, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. There’s not a single day that goes by that I don’t regret my stubbornness.”

Another shudder rocked the hallway, nearly knocking them off their feet. “Geez, I said I was sorry!” Eva exclaimed. “What more do you want from me?”

“That wasn’t from me,” Ana said slowly, glancing around. “It’s Parker. We’re getting closer... but something isn’t too happy about it.”

“Something... or someone,” Eva added. “We’d better watch our step.”

As if to illustrate the point, the ground beneath their feet changed, turning to muck. “Hey! I’m stuck!” Ana yelped, flailing wildly, trying to keep from falling over, trying to pull free before she sank deeper. Something wriggled just under the surface, flowing past her feet, trying to wrap itself around her ankles.

“Ana, what are you doing?” Eva called down to her, floating up above her head. “Did you forget? This isn’t really you, it’s just a psychic manifestation... and this isn’t really quicksand. Just focus a bit, and let yourself float past this.”

Chagrined, Ana managed to pull herself free. “Thanks,” she mumbled softly under her breath. “Guess I’m more out of practice than I thought.”

The going only became rougher; the once clear pathway continued to change and shift, sprouting traps and obstacles with increasing frequency, as if Parker’s mind itself was trying to halt their progress. Worse, they had to transverse the obstacles, rather than plow through them, mindful of the fact that the obstacles and traps were in essence manifestations of Parker’s mind, and that any wanton destruction of the ‘environment’ might have serious repercussions on the boy’s mind itself.

Their own manifestations, however, were not always so fortunate.

“Bloody piss!” Eva cried, rolling to safety, clutching her arm. “Dammit... I know its not real, that its NOT my fucking arm... but it damn well FEELS like its bloody well broken!”

“Still, it was worth it,” Ana replied, panting heavily, pointing to the door right in front of them. “We’re here. He’s in here, behind this door.”

“’Bout time,” Eva mumbled, stepping forward. “Any more of this, and, helpless victim or not, I’ll wring his scrawny little neck.”

The door opened with surprising ease, and the two women found themselves in a small carpeted room, with stone walls. Two naked blonde women, twins, made out frantically on a small cot, oblivious to their intrusion. Farther back, against the wall, clad in the tattered remains of his scarlet costume, Parker lay, gasping, groaning softly. Heavy iron chains bound his wrists and ankles to the wall, preventing him leaving the room. As they stepped into view, he stirred, sitting up, a look of relief crossing his face... only to be replaced a moment later by a look of complete horror.

“NO! Aunt Eva! Mom! You can’t be here! You’ve got to get out of here, now!” he cried.

“Son, relax,” Ana said calmly, stepping forward. “It’s okay. We’re here to free you. Give me a moment to get those chains off of you.”

“No, you don’t understand!” he said frantically. “You have to get out of here before She comes back! It’s HER that’s holding me captive in here!”

“Her?” Eva asked, whirling around. “You don’t mean—”

“He means ME, dears,” Venus Satore replied venomously, appearing behind them in front of the doorway. “And you’re trespassing.”

“Hmph. And you would be the self-styled ‘Goddess Aphrodite’ I presume?” Eva asked, crossing her arms. “Frankly, I’m not impressed.”

“Oh, but I am,” Venus replied with a grin. “You and your sister were quite formidable the way you broke through the defenses I’d erected inside this boy’s mind. You two work well together... so I think it only fitting that you work for me.”

Eva laughed haughtily. “Sorry, but no thanks. We’re going to free Parker’s consciousness, and that’s it.”

Grunting, Ana pulled hard on the chains. “Easier said than done. I can’t... uuugggnnhh... break him out... even with my powers helping me pull...”

“It’s pointless,” Venus replied with a laugh. She gestured with her hands, and chains shot up from the floor around them, encircling the two women, binding them just as tightly as Parker. “You think you can simply waltz in here and ruin all my carefully laid plans? Hardly.” Walking forward, she ran a slender fingertip along each woman’s cheek, eliciting a shudder and gasp from each. “You’re no doubt wondering how this is happening... why you can’t just slip out of my chains... why you’re being affected by me, and not the other way around?”

“Actually... yes...” Eva said between struggles. “The thought... did cross... our minds...”

Walking over to Parker, kissing him passionately, she turned to face her opponents once more. “Simply put, its mind over matter. And his mind is the ONLY one that matters. While I control him, I have ultimate power here... and you two are utterly helpless to stop me.” Moving up to Eva, smiling dangerously, she purred softly, “But you don’t really WANT to stop me, do you, sweetling?”

Eva’s eyes fluttered, her manifested mind and body bombarded by Venus’ dominance. “N... nnnooo... don’t want... to stop you....”

Ana, witnessing her sister’s will bending, faced Parker. “Son, please! She’s right! You’re the only one who can break free of her... you have to try. You have to fight her!”

Parker shook his head. “I can’t. I’ve tried... I’ve BEEN trying. She’s too powerful.”

“Yes,” Eva breathed dreamily as Venus nibbled on her earlobe. “Too powerful... mmmmmmm...”

“No, she’s not,” Ana insisted. “She’s only powerful if you make her that way. You can do it, son... you just have to try. You have to believe! Please—”

Suddenly her words were cut off as a black rubber ball gag fastened itself around her mouth. “That’s enough out of you, darling,” Venus groused, turning her attention back to Eva. “Wait your turn... your baby sister is nearly mine.”

“No,” Parker cried out, reaching out a manacled hand towards his family. “Leave them alone! They have nothing to do with this! It’s me you wanted!”

“And I have you,” Venus replied, stepping away from a trembling, quaking, bliss-filled Eva, turning her attentions towards his mother. “Now, thanks to you, dear boy, I will soon have two more powerful allies to serve and worship me.”

Parker struggled again, straining fruitlessly against the chains, trying with all his might to break free, only to collapse again back against the wall, helpless to do anything but watch. Ana’s eyes reached out to him, begging silently for his aid, “I... I can’t, I can’t... I’m not strong enough!”

“That’s right, Parker,” Venus agreed, sliding a hand around Ana’s waist, squeezing and caressing her breasts through her chains. “You’re not strong enough to save them... but that’s okay. They don’t really want to be saved.” Ana’s eyelids fluttered, and she bit down hard on her gag, trying to resist. “They both want to take your place, Parker, dear... to be chained down... held helpless, unable to fight my will... to simply surrender and serve me, as you do... as soon ALL shall serve and worship me.” She smiled, tweaking Ana’s left nipple, nearly making her knees buckle. “Isn’t that right, Ana?”

Ana’s eyes slid slowly away Venus, locking briefly onto Parker’s. For an instant, Parker dared to hope that she could hold out, that his mother was strong enough to do what he couldn’t. And then... the moment passed, and Parker watched the fire, the spark in those eyes, die out. Eyes empty and vacant turned back to face their Mistress as Ana slid slowly down to her knees. “Yes... my Goddess,” she whispered softly, a single tear sliding down her cheek.

“No... this can’t happen,” Parker said, shaking his head. Venus gestured once more, and both sisters rose to their feet, the chains binding them dripping away, turning to ash as they struck the ground. Another gesture, and their clothes vanished as well, leaving them naked aside from the unchained manacles still circling their wrists and ankles. With one final gesture, a slim metal collar appeared around both of their necks, clamping shut with an audible click. Venus smiled, nodding serenely.

“There. Perfect. Now, you are ready to serve me. Come, my darlings...”

“No. No. NO. NO! NO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Parker screamed, struggling furiously against his shackles. He pulled, he strained, ignoring the pain, ignoring the agony as metal dug and tore into vulnerable flesh, beyond desperation... he had lost his family.. lost his mother... it couldn’t happen. WOULDN’T happen. Self-doubt pulled and tugged at him, trying to keep him restrained, only to shatter against his resolve. No... he was weak... too weak to save them... but he would. Somehow. Some way. He had to break free... had to break free... HAD TO BREAK FREE—

* * *

I sat up with a gasp. Reality buckled underneath me for a moment before reasserting itself. My heart beat like a kettle drum, and my lungs pumped furiously, as if I was trying to draw in the entire sky. I’d been in two places at once, free, running around, a puppet dancing to that bitch-Goddess’ tune, and at the same time, a prisoner, locked away, deep in my own mind. I’d been split right down the middle, living with the dichotomy for so long that it took me a moment to adjust to this normal unified view. I moved to stand, wobbling slightly on shaky legs, but managed it, regaining my legs once again. Closing my eyes for a second, settling, centering myself, I opened my eyes and looked around.

Aunt Eva and Mom lay unconscious just a few feet away from me. A heaviness gripped my chest as I fully recalled what had happened, both inside and outside my own mind. I’d tried to kill them... to stop them... and then I’d failed them, letting them succumb to Venus’ spell as they sacrificed themselves to free me. And I was under no illusion—they were both Her minions now, slumbering away, calm and peaceful out the outside, while deep inside their minds, their very identities were being rewritten.

I’d failed. Completely totally failed... my mother, my aunt, myself. Not to mention the entire city... maybe even the entire world. I mean, it wasn’t bad enough that I’d personally brainwashed and subverted a good number of the populous, I’d also helped her form her own private army of supers! If she’d been tough to take down before, she was now utterly unbeatable.

It’s all... too much. I thought dismally. It’s too big for me to handle... but I don’t know who to turn to! The best and most powerful supers are all on her side now... Eugene’s still missing, and Jeffrey’s MIA... and the only one who could have possibly stood a chance against all the others combined... went off the deep end and flew away. Shit... shit. What do I do now? What the HELL do I do now?

The sound of sirens approaching settled the matter for me. Only a few hundred feet from the hospital, our fight had no doubt attracted a lot of attention, and the police were approaching in droves. Aphrodite now controlled most of the city, including the police, and with her psychic connection to me severed, it was a fair bet the boys in blue weren’t coming out in force to make sure I was alright. I glanced over at my mom and my aunt, my family, two brave fearless souls who’d risked their own freedom to give me mine. Then, glancing once again at the virtual sea of red and blue flashing lights, I did the only thing I could.

I ran away.

((end of chapter 8))