The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hidden Hinges

Part II

FLLR 654

I have been asked “Why ‘Hidden Hinges’?” for a title. Hinges are pivot points. With relation to our lives they are moments, events, emotions, revelations in our lives. One arm anchors us to our past; the other swings us in an arch out into our future. Often the significance of these pivot points do not become known to us until long after they have occurred.

The final half of this story branches off into several possibilities for additional story lines that can be tied to this one. The following chapters have a little more danger and intrigue. Peg and Jane also create their sisterhood, the O.F.F. “Organization for Feminine Freedom” and an advice column with an Email address or Fllr654.

The number 654 would become code for bi-sexual women. The number 6 is a continuous flowing curve, feminine. The number 4 is angular, masculine, and in the middle, the number 5 which is both angular and curved and open both ways. “FLLR” “Feminine Love, Lust and Revelry”, when added to the number 654 and what it stood for, “FLLR564” made a powerful statement for those in the know. Women who love deeply, have a rich appreciation of their sexual needs, desires and capacities, and rejoice in the freedom and merriment of how they express themselves. The number 654 declares to the world that they have not only the desire but also the need to express their love and lust with both sexes.

The folowing story depects explicit sexual behavior and is written for adults. If you are not over 18 years of age, do not read further.

This work is copyrighted © 2003 by Ce. All other rights reserved.

Chapter Thirteen

Peg and Bob had returned from their cruse for a few days before Dick and Jane were able to see them. When they finally were able to get together, Bob had already heard through the grapevine what had happened.

“Are you two all right?” Peg and Bob asked as soon as they came through the door.

“Yes, scared out of our wits, but were ok,” Dick said

Jane had been brave, but something inside of her let go and her resolve melted into tears as she hugged Peg. The two of them went into the kitchen and Bob and Dick went into the den.

“Damn, do you realize how lucky the two of you are?” Bob asked.

“I think so,” Dick said, obviously still shaken despite the time that had past.

“Are we out of it?” Dick asked, softly so that the Jane wouldn’t hear his concern.

“ I’m afraid that they will come after us; I haven’t stopped looking over my shoulder. How did you find out?”

“As I told you, it’s a damn small community. I certainly wouldn’t advise you to stop looking over my shoulder, but yes, I think you are in the clear as far as any attempted abduction. You have to understand something about this culture. In a perverse sort of way, you are looked up to.” Bob said

“I am?” Dick said with a hint of disbelief.

“Yeah, these people are predators, but they aren’t terribly brave when it comes to their own safety and pain. You took out one of their most dangerous leaders and you made a fool out of her. I understand that she doesn’t like that one bit, but she respects you for doing it. It’s kind of a pack mentality where the strongest wins. They fear you and respect you. You demonstrated that you were willing to kill and that scared the hell out of’m.” Bob said with just a hint of a smile.

“If I were you I would stay low for a long while and not pick up any more people. I don’t doubt for a minute that if they could seduce you- or Jane, so that they could get something on you, they would use it to bring you down.” Bob advised.

“I don’t think that you have to worry about our going out on our own again, not for a long while.” Dick assured him.

“There’s another thing that you should bear in mind. This thing is a convoluted nightmare of blackmail and co erosion. Someone who we might know to be the nicest people in the world might have slipped at one point at the wrong time, in the wrong place, and someone has something on them. You just never know when someone is going to sell you out to save their own skin. Don’t trust anyone.” Bob said in dead seriousness.

“We won’t, just you and Peg,” Dick promised.

Bob didn’t answer, he was just looking wide-eyed and fearful at Dick.

“What’s wrong Bob?” Dick asked, watching Bob’s expression closely.

“I said, don’t trust anyone. Don’t put Peg and I in a dangerous position, I don’t know if I have the courage you have. Your smart Dick, more than I.” Bob said looking him straight in the eye. “Listen to everything that I have said, think about it, don’t over look a word of it.” Bob said as he went over to a cabinet and took out two tapes marked D&J and handed them to Dick.

“Destroy these Dick, along with any others you may have made of you and Jane and do it soon.” Bob said quietly.

“No one has asked us for them yet, but I have been told that I will be expected to set the two of you up. They are going to put awful pressure on us to do that. I am going to tell them that you were scared out of your minds and that you are angry as hell. That you weren’t going to full around again, with anyone, even though we tried to get you to. If you are ever in a position that you have to say anything about this conversation, you had better lie. Say that it never happened and confirm what I just told you, or it could go very badly for Peg and I. As it is, we may have to pick up stakes and move away. It might not be a bad idea for you, if you can manage it.” Bob said sadly and obviously very shaken.

“Bob, I can’t tell you how sorry I am for putting the two of you in the middle of this. If Jane and I hadn’t experienced what we did, I would never have believed that this was possible.” Dick said, obviously shaken by the level of concern that Bob had just shown him.

“It’s all right, you didn’t know. Peg and I got you into this in the first place, remember, we’ll be all right.” Bob said, less than convincingly.

“Your right to be scared, stay that way, for your own survival. Stay off the web sites and keep a low profile, it’ll be all right after a while.” Bob added.

“I think Peg and I should leave now. When we leave, we are going to talk at the door for a while. Peg and I are going to try to convince you to come over to our place and perhaps party a little. I want you to tell us in a very strong firm voice that you and Jane are not going to do anything like that, any more, with anyone.” Bob said sternly.

“Are they watching us, right now!” Dick asked.

“Just do it!” Bob said near panic.

“We’re done with all of that,” Dick told Bob and the front steps as they were leaving. His voice was a little louder than normal, but enough to make Jane turn and give him a questioning look.

“We sure would like to keep those tapes,” Bob said, “You sure you won’t reconsider?”

“I don’t think so, not in this life time!” Dick said.

They turned and Dick had to fight the urge to look around to see if they were being observed.

“Know your enemy” The words kept ringing in Dicks ear as he attempted to go to sleep. The next morning he made a phone calls from work, talked to a few of his team members and called in a few favors. He put Jim and Tricksie under surveillance. Dick wanted to know exactly with whom he was dealing.

It wasn’t long before he had a report on his desk. Jim and Linda Donavan. They were both losers and had been in and out of trouble with the law. He had been arrested for assault twice, both were against women.

Rick and Elisabeth, a.k.a, Tricksie Shepard, pretty much the same thing. Rick was a truck driver, definitely a follower with the habit of following the wrong crowd. Tricksie was a tougher nut; she had served time and had undoubtedly picked up some of her behavior in the pen.

It had been nearly a week since they had talked to Bob and Peg. His surveillance people were getting disturbing information however. Bob and Peg had slipped off his radar screen and he was concerned.

Finally Bob showed up at the house. He was a different, broken man.

“Bob, what the hell happened to you?” Dick said, noticing the weight loss, the hollowed cheeks and sunken eyes. He was walking as if it were extremely difficult for him. He broke down and began to cry as soon as he got into the house.

“You really pissed them off!” Bob said, “and they didn’t dare take it out on you. They took it out on Peg and I. They have put us through hell for the last few days. What they have put Peg through is beyond description. I lost my job yesterday, they sent tapes to my boss and he thinks that I ‘m a security risk. They have threatened to put the tapes on the Internet. If they do that, there isn’t any place in the world that Peg and I can go and escape the humiliation and it is bound to show up on any security check an employer in my field will do if I try to get another job. I thought that that was all that they could do to us, our lives are ruined and there is nowhere to start over. I was wrong. Dick, they have Peg. They let me go and gave me one more try to set you up. I don’t know how much longer she can hold out.” Bob said sobbing. “I don’t know what to do. They kept moving us from one house to the other, so I don’t even know where she is now. I just know that they are putting her through unspeakable pain. Her dignity is long gone and I am worried for her sanity if not her life.”

Dick gave Bob a stiff drink and Jane joined them. “What is it that they want you to do?” Dick asked. Dick watched Bob closely, he was nervous, understandably, but there was something else that he couldn’t put his finger on.

Just then the phone rang and Dick excused himself. It was one of his friends.

“I just saw them dragging a woman into Donavan’s house” the voice said. “OK, I think I know who it is” How many are there?”

“The whole crew” Ok, I’ll let you know what’s happening, stay on it, and Hank, thanks.” Dick added.

“No problem, buddy.” Oh, by the way, none of them drove here, I don’t know where their cars are, and they just showed up in one of the vans one of the guys owns.” The voice on the phone said.

Dick said nothing to Bob, just repeated his question. “What is it that they want you to do?”

“I’m supposed to tell you that Jim is keeping Peg at Trickies house and that where it’s just Jim in his cast the two of us can go over there and over power him and get her. She’s not Dick, I have to trust that you know how to handle this. They are all over to Trickies house waiting for you. Peg will be alone with just Jim, over to his house. If you can help me, I think that we can bust in and get her out. Will you help me? You’re my last hope.” Bob said desperately.

Dick was silent for a moment, taking in what Bob had just said. It didn’t square at all with his friends’ intelligent, but it was easily understood.

Jane was weeping. “Dick, you have to get Peg out of there!”

“Bob, go home,” Dick said. “Tell them that it worked and we are going to be going to Donavan’s in about an hour. You’re in no shape to be of any use to me, I’m sorry buddy, but I will do this on my own. I have a few things that I have to do to prepare for this.”

Tears came to Bob’s eyes, he said thank you, but Dick read, “I’m so sorry.”

“Jane,” Dick said, so that Bob could hear. “I want you to go to the cabin and stay there. You will be alone out there but you should be safe this time of year. No one will think to look for you there.” Jane nodded that she would.

As soon as Bob left. Dick turned to Jane. “Forget what I just said, I want you to drive to the hotel we stayed at when we first came here. It’s safe and secure. Call me once you are in the room. Don’t open the door for anyone. I will come for you myself. Don’t go with anyone, no matter who it is or what they say. Will you do that for me?” Dick asked, holding her head in his hands and looking deeply into her frightened eyes.

“Yes, of course. What aren’t you telling me Dick?” Jane asked.

“Bob is lying. Hank just called me and said that they just dragged a woman into Jim’s house; I think that it’s Peg, and that the whole crew is there.” Dick whispered.

“But Bob told you that they are at Trickies.” Jane said in confusion.

“Ya, I know. I don’t know what I would do in Bob’s position. He has obviously been through hell. He put it all on the line for us once when he told me not to trust anyone, including himself. I think that he is just doing what he has to do to save Peg. I can’t say that I blame him. I would do the same thing to save you if that was the only way. I know that they want me to walk into a trap; I’m not going to do that. What I don’t know is if he is trying to lure me away from you so they can snatch you. It sounds as if they are getting desperate and we can’t take any chances. I’m betting that they want to do both. I have to know that you are safe before I do anything. Get going now, I’m right behind you.” Dick said.

Jane got into her car and was out of the driveway and down the street before Dick could get his keys. He was close behind, but the delay was just enough for a black SUV to pull out and begin to follow Jane. Dick was close enough behind it to see that there were two guys in the car. Jane was wasting no time and was driving a little too fast, She rounded a corner and nearly didn’t make it, but she did. Dick’s heart was in his throat. The SUV with its high center of gravity had to slow a bit and was concentrating on the curve. They didn’t know what hit them as Dick skillfully slammed his bumper into the corner of the SUV’s rear bummer. It was enough to not only send it into the ditch, but onto its side. Dick took the next turn and was behind Jane again before she knew he was gone. He followed her into the garage and saw that she was checked in before he left.

He swung his car toward the Donavan’s just when his cell phone rang again. It was Hank.

“Your buddy Bob just showed up. A few minutes later the Shepard broad and the Donavan broad left the house laughing, they seemed to be in a hurry.” The voice on the phone reported.

“Ok Hank, thanks.” Dick said.

On the hunch that Tricksie was going back to her place, thinking that it would be more than a half hour before he showed up, Dick turned to go to the Shepard’s house. As he was approaching their street, he saw their car turn down it. He hung back a bit and saw them jump out of the car, leaving it running and run into the house.

He had a plan, but this change would give it much more of a chance of success.

Dick was close behind the two as he kicked open the door that was already ajar. Tricksie and Linda were already on their way back out and the door caught Tricksie right in the face, sending her flying into Linda who had been close behind. It hadn’t knocked Tricksie out, but it had come close. It also looked as if Tricksies nose was broken. Linda was underneath her and had started to get up when Dick caught her on the chin with a right cross.

Dick quickly dragged Tricksie, still stunned, into their torture room in the back and had her strung up in a swing hanging from the ceiling and facing the floor. He was back for Linda and she came to just as he was hauling her up from the floor. The two of them started to struggle against their restraints, but they, perhaps more than anyone else, knew that it was useless. Blood was dripping from Tricksies nose and Linda was terrified as she watched Dick close the door to the sound proof room. Their outstretched legs had sent their skirts up around their waists. Dick grabbed their panties and tore them off, exposing his targets.

They were cursing him and demanding to know what he intended to do. Dick took a deep breath and told himself to be calm; everything was going ok to this point. Dick left them there temporarily and went back outside to shut off their car so that the neighbors wouldn’t wonder if something was wrong. He pulled his car around back so that he could make a fast get away if he had to. Taking a tape recorder from his car, he returned to the house.

He never did like this kind of thing, but his training had taught him how to make people talk. He rummaged through Tricksies kitchen closets to find something to use, there were many household items he could use, it just depended on what he found first. He picked up a bottle of shoe polish and looked at it. It was harsh, he hated using it, but there was no doubt that it would do the trick.

Dick returned to the two hanging helplessly exposed. Tricksie was madder than a wet hornet and Linda was quivering with fear.

“You’re not going to get away with this again, you bastard,” Trickie yelled.

“Thank you Tricksie.” Dick said as he held the recorder up to Tricksie’s face. Dick then took the bottle of shoe polish out of his pocket and with the tape running, shoved the saturated little cotton ball at the end of the wire applicator up Trickies’ ass. A blood curdling scream immediately followed, as the sensation was that of a hot iron being shoved up there instead. The effect would have to wear off as it was oil and not water based and would not wash off. Tricksie was crying hysterically, her legs thrashing, begging Dick to do something.

“Now for you Linda,” Dick said as he held up the recorder to tape Linda’s face, pleas for mercy and pleading that he not do what ever it was that he had done to Tricksie. To bad, Dick loaded up the cotton ball and shoved it up Linda ass with the same result. He had what he needed. He quickly closed the door to the room, leaving the two screaming and thrashing helplessly.

Once the door was closed, you couldn’t hear a peep.

Dick took another deep breath, if he was to make this work; he had to be calm, dead calm. He picked up the phone and called Jim.

“Hello Jim, This is Dick” Dick said quietly.

“Why hello Dick,” Donavan said and suddenly Dick could hear a gale of laughter in the background.

“Just a minute Dick, we have a few friends here waiting for you. I’m sure you want them to hear what you have to say.” Donavan said with an obvious cocky smirk that could be heard in his voice.

Suddenly the other end of the line sounded as if they were in an auditorium.

“As a matter of fact, Jim, I would like them to hear what I have to say.” Dick said flatly.

“We were waiting for you buddy; I guess you figured it out. No matter. We have your friends over here, Bob and Peg. Poor Peg’s not doing so well. Jane should be joining us soon, she never made it to the cabin.” Donavan said with a bluff that he believed would soon be a reality.

“I want you to listen to me closely Jim. You have fucked with the wrong guy. The most dangerous thing about what you do is not knowing who your fucking with. I wouldn’t beat yourself up about it though, there aren’t too many people in the country that know who I am. Certainly Bob and Peg didn’t know.” Dick said calmly.

“Oh ya, tough guy, just who do ta fuck do you think that you are?” Donavan said with a sneer.

“I’m a guy that belongs to a very small fraternity of brothers. Jim, the country doesn’t need us often, but when they do, they need the best. We all have to deal with the reality of being found out and so we cover each other’s back. You and your friends kindergarten stuff, Jim.” Dick said in a steady unshaken tone.

“Ya, what am I supposed to believe? That you’re some kind of James Bond or something. I’m smarter than that. Just what do these people call you?” Donavan asked, his voice beginning to show signs of stress.

“Alpha, Jim” Dick said.

Like in the fucking Alpha male, you ass hole?” Donavan said as he attempted to display a bravado that failed. This was sounding a little too smooth and real and it was beginning to make Jim nervous.

“Maybe your not as dumb as I thought you were, Jim, let’s hope not. You have a lot ridding on what you do next.” Dick’s ice-cold monotone voice was really beginning to be unnerving to them all.

“Oh Yah, if you care anything about your friends and your wife, you’ll get your ass over here.” Donavan yelled.

“I told you to listen to me closely, Jim. I don’t think that you’re doing that. Linda and Tricksie have a message for you.” Dick played the tape into the phone. Their blood curdling screams even made Dicks blood run cold.

“You bastard!” Donavan yelled, obviously shaken but still trying to threaten Dick.

“You can kiss your friends good by and your wife too! " The thought that was running through all of their minds was “If he could make Tricksie, of all people, scream like that, what was he capable of?”

“Jim,” Dick said calmly. A reality that was beginning to really shake the pack up as

they listen to Dicks voice on the speaker.

“First of all that Black SUV is in the gutter, lying on its side. I couldn’t give a shit how badly they were hurt. Jim, You don’t have Jane.

Secondly, and Bob, I know that your listening and I’m sorry. I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. I can only say that what you thought of me was right.” Hoping that Bob would realize that he was really saying, trust me, I know what I am doing.

“Jim, You’ve had Peg to do your worst to for four days, I’m told. She is just a shell of herself now; I’m convinced of it. You’ve killed her Jim, she maybe still breathing, but you’ve killed who she was and even if she recovers, she’s dead to us all. That was a real dumb thing to do. Bob, again, I’m sorry. You took a chance and tried to sell me out, you’ll have to fend for yourself if this dumb ass doesn’t figure it out.

The rest of you, Stan... Bill.... Jose....Jose, I’m surprised at you, being a family man, exposing you family to such risk, the same goes for all of you for that matter.” Dick proceeded to name all of them. “I not only know your names, I know where you live, who your family members are.”

There was dead silence on the other end of the phone.

“As I said, I belong to a very tight brother hood. We can’t survive if anyone thinks they can take us out and live to tell about it. You can possibly take me out. I can assure you that many many times better people than you have tried and haven’t lived to try again. Each time you try, one of you will pay the price. It may be you, if I think that it will hurt you more, it will be a loved one. All I can tell you is that I’m good, we all are, and we aren’t all that worried about the law. It was by far mostly bluff, but not all of it.

Now Jim, you need to know what’s going to happen. You know that I have Linda and Tricksie. Your smart enough to know that I didn’t have time to take them far, but I can assure you that they are beyond your reach. I am going to alternate between Linda and Tricksie, every 5 minutes. Ten minutes apart is just about enough for them to recover a little and be better prepared for the next assault and appreciate what has happened to the other one.

I am a little disappointed that they can’t seem to deal with pain as much as I thought they were going to be able to. I was just playing with them when they sent you their message.

Jim, you should know that I don’t give a shit what they end up looking like. I know that you were considerate enough not to scare Bob in any way that was visible; I’m just not that considerate.

First Jim, Tricksie and Linda are going to loose their ass hole, or rather their ability to control it. I see a bag in their future. That turn you on Jim? Having sex with

a bag of shit? Not to worry, their clits are the next thing on the list. They loose their hoods, and then their clits. I’m not going to cut them off, just shave a little off the top so that the nerve endings will always be raw.” Dick said in a cold, vicious, heartless tone that made Donavan shudder. It was a bluff, but given the situation, believable. At least long enough for Dick to get them out of there.

“The agony they are going to feel will make it impossible to have sex, hell, even wear panties again.. The next thing is to ream out their cunts and stitch them up. Don’t worry though; I’ll leave a straw in them for fluids to flow out after they heal shut, that is if they survive the blood loss.

That should all start to happen in just a few minutes, if your still stupid, Jim. And then the list goes on, fingernails, eyesight, teeth, voice, tendons, and the use of their limbs, the loss of their minds. Minds are strange things Jim. You give it a little hope, and then you snatch it back. You keep doing that and pretty soon they snap, just like a piece of wire. After that, they’re not much fun Jim. That’s when you find them on your doorstep, that’s when I come for the next one. Personally, after hearing Tricksie and Linda, I don’t think that they will ever even come close to my exhausting the list of things I have planed for them.

Are you going to be stupid Jim? I think that you know I mean it. After them, you.

How about the rest of you, how stupid are you going to be? You have really pissed me off!” Dick said with an anger that could melt the phone.

“What do you want?” Donavan asked, shaken, his voice quivering?

“You are going to release Peg and Bob in the next three minutes. I have friends who will pick them up out front. A word of warning Jim. Don’t mess with my friends. I’m trying to work this out so that no one gets killed this time. They don’t take as many chances as I do. DO NOT STEP FOOT OUT THAT DOOR! After Bob and Peg leave, do not follow them. I hope that that is very clear. You are going to package up everything you have on them, Jim, photographs, tapes, everything, and your going to send it to their house. If I ever see or hear of any pictures of them floating around, your going to be right back here in the spot that your in now Jim, I’ve going to take you out, one at a time.

If Bob and Peg don’t leave in three minutes, I will be very sad about it, and very , very pissed off ! Jim. But I am going to figure that they are gone. After that, well, what I do will be just out of revenge and sheer meanness, Jim. You’ve given me a mission and I won’t stop until each of you has paid a price none of you can even conceive of at this moment.

You are going to end all thoughts of revenge, there will be no reprisals, it ends here, you loose this battle or you loose everything. You will have to trust me that what ever network of ass holes you have that you think you can fall back on, they are Childs play compared to what you are up against, and we are mean as hell itself. I would strongly advise that you pick up stakes and leave the area, for good. I get very nervous having people like you around me.

Good bye Jim...” Dick said as he went to hit the disconnect button.

“Wait....” Dick heard Jim beg as he disconnected with out giving them a chance to negotiate. They have only one option or face a wrath they believe will destroy them all in the most horrendous way.

A few seconds’ later Dick’s cell phone rings, it’s Hank saying that Bob is helping Peg make their way to the sidewalk. “I’m going to pick them up,” Hank said. “Should I be worried about the assholes?”

“I don’t think so Hank, but don’t turn your back on them. If they stick their heads out, pump a few rounds into the house. If that doesn’t stop ‘um and you think that you or the mission is in danger, knock the first one down.” Dick said without hesitation.

“You got it, Munchkin and Reamer have my backside, and I’ll tell’um. I’ll keep the line open.

The babies are back in the cradle. The ass holes never came out of the house. I’m taking them to the emergency room.” Hank said.

“Good, I’m going to pick up Jane and we’ll meet you there. Thanks Hank.” Dick said sincerely. Bob couldn’t help but recognize Dicks voice coming over a speaker in the car as if Dick was seated next to them.

“No problem, good to be working with you again Al. As per your request, we’ll use the ass holes for surveillance practice for as long as we can.” Hank replied.

“Thanks again, Alpha out.” Dick said.

By the time Dick and Jane arrive at the hospital, both Bob and Peg are sharing a double room.

“How are you two doing?” Jane asked as she rushed over to Peg’s bed to give her a hug. Jane greeted her with sad, broken eyes that burst into tears. “Thank you so much!” Peg wept.

Bob’s eyes were equally watery “I don’t know who ta hell you are buddy, but I sure as

hell am glad you don’t hold a grudge against me!”

“I’m just an ordinary guy Bob, it was just a bluff, but don’t tell them that!” Dick said.

Jane looked up knowingly, but said nothing as she held Peg close.

“How ever you want it buddy. I owe you everything, we both do, and we’ll never be able to repay you.” Bob said tearfully.

“What I need from you Bob is your forgetting everything that happened tonight. If the authorities question you, just say that you must have been drugged because everything is a fog until you arrived at the emergency room. I need you to do this for me Bob, can you do that?” Dick asked.

Bob looked over to Peg and they were of one mind, nothing could pry what happened out of them.

“I don’t see things exactly as you do, Bob,” Dick said. “The way I see it, you and Peg saved our marriage, a little snafu, yes, but that was my fault. You warned us, I didn’t listen and I put all three of you in harms way and through it all you and Peg protected us the best that you could. I am the one who is in debt, not you.

We are all going to have to move from here, start over. I can fix things with your company so that you will get a glowing recommendation, you’ll just have to trust me on that one.

Let’s just get this behind us and get your lives back on track. Jane and I will have to leave this area now. Maybe we should consider our next move; I think that we can help.” Dick said with authority.

The next morning Bob’s boss got a call. “It’s a Mr. Flint from the C. I. A.,” his secretary told him over the intercom.

“Good morning, Mr. Erickson. I am sending a man over to talk to you about one of your employees. We need your cooperation on this one; I think that you will understand why once you hear what he has to say. He will be in your office at 10 a.m.” Flint said.

Precisely at 10, Dick entered Erickson’s outer office. He was shown in immediately.

“Mr. Erickson,” Dick said, “extending his hand but not introducing himself. “I am here to talk to you about Bob Ross.”

“Bob Ross! Boy was he ever a surprise. I’ve know Bob and Peg for years, I would never have thought that they were into that stuff. I can understand why you are concerned, that’s why we let him go immediately.” Erickson said quickly. “As you know, he deals with sensitive information and we can’t take a risk on someone with morals like that.”

“Actually Mr. Erickson, it is Ross’s situation that has brought me here, but we have a totally different slant on things. I think that you will see our point of view once you understand the situation.

Ross’s wife was abducted and drugged, photographed and videotaped in very compromising situations. At first Ross thought that it was just a bunch of opportunistic sexual predators who happened upon his wife and that they were attempting to draw them in deeper. He unwisely attempted to extract themselves from these people by himself. It only resulted in their getting themselves in deeper with each encounter. He was afraid that you would react exactly as you did. It wasn’t until they were in a horrible position that he learned that they were preparing to blackmail them into giving them sensitive information about his work here.

I want you to appreciate the fact that you and your wife, like myself, are susceptible to this kind of extortion. I want you to appreciate what your reaction would be if someday out of the blue, you received a phone call and some bastard tells you that they have your wife or daughter, but she would be returned to you. Days later you received pictures and tape of your wife or daughter doing unspeakable things, not at all looking as if she was drugged, yet totally under their influence.”

Dick observed closely Erickson’s reaction and he was clearly shaken by the thought.

“Damn, the thought never crossed my mind, why didn’t Ross tell me when I fired him?” Erickson asked.

“As soon as Ross realized that he was dealing with an espionage group rather than just a bunch of sexually sadistic group of predators, he contacted us. We advised him not to tell you. Frankly, we had to check you out.” Dick said.

“Me! Why to hell me?” Erickson demanded.

“It would not be the first time that someone tried to cover the transfer of secrets to the enemy by setting someone else up. We had to be sure of you and be sure that you were not under the same stress that they had put Ross under.” Dick said.

“I hope ta hell that you realize that I’m not, thank God.” Erickson said, understanding why the C.I.A. might think that way.

“We do, that’s why I’m here. You would have been led away in cuffs by now if we didn’t.”

Dick said in a matter of fact tone.

“We have handled the situation and the people responsible. You will never hear of it in the press, it is best not to air dirty laundry. I hope that you appreciate the fact that your receiving the material that you did is an indication that Ross in fact did not cave under the blackmail pressure exerted on he and his wife. Had he given them the information, you would never have received or known of his situation.” Dick emphasized.

“I guess that’s true, I never thought of it that way.” Erickson confessed.

“I need you to think of it that way, because Ross deserves a medal. None of us know for sure how we would react; we can only hope that we would do as well as Ross.

Who have you discussed this situation with?” Dick said.

“Only the V.P. of Human Resources.” Erickson assured him.

“Good I want you to explain the situation to them and make sure that no one else is included in the loop. If you find that someone else has been brought in, you must let us know so that we can bring them on board. How you handle this will affect your security rating,” Dick warned. " I need you to give Ross a strong but honest review based upon his performance only and I want you to open the door to a position in your facility on the west coast. I think that it is the least we can do for them, don’t you agree?” Dick pressed.

“Yes, yes I do,” Erickson agreed. “I will attend to it this morning. Gees, I have never felt so damn vulnerable in my life. How do you protect your self from this crap?”

“The truth is that you can’t completely. Just know that it can and does happen and if it does, don’t go it alone, no matter how bad it gets.” Dick assured him.

“I hear you; you can be assured that I will heed your advice. Thank you.” Erickson said, still a bit stunned.

“Thank you, Mr. Erickson. You won’t be hearing any more about this.” Dick said as he extended his hand.