The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

His Memories Make Us

Chapter II: A Test Of Faith

I had never visited him at uni before now, so I had never seen his campus or any of the buildings. The centuries of age were evident in the architecture, all Gothic with huge, pointed arches welcoming visitors into every building. I was surprised to find that, as much as I could tell, the original stone was still holding the roofs up rather than any modern replacement. Inside, however, was a different story, with contemporary tiling, computer routers and repeating access points, and touchscreen devices granting students access to each area. The first time I entered the dining hall, with Jack beside me to swipe his card so I could get food, I was impressed by how high the ceilings were. That didn’t last long, though, before I was distracted by just how busy the hall was. Students from all walks of life were hustling and bustling around, getting food, eating food, talking about food—and other topics—and generally enjoying what, for many, was obviously a break in classwork.

I got a simple grilled cheese sandwich and sat at a long table across from Jack. “So, what else have you used your powers for?”

Jack groaned. “Dani, can we, you know, not talk about that please?“

“Hey, you can’t run from it, Jack. If you’re ever going to accept what you can do, you have to face it head on. So? What else?”

“I don’t know,” he sighed. “Lots of things. Mostly little things, like Mom’s breakfasts or a curve on a test grade.”

“Oh, wow, so you’re not as studious as we all thought?” I teased.

“I am! Even if my teachers remembered saying they’d give me an A or something, they probably would have changed their mind anyway. I just got curves, small adjustments, that’s all. I did most of the work myself.”

He seemed indignant, which I thought was cute. “I know,” I laughed, “I’m just teasing you, relax. Hey,” I added, scanning the room, “why don’t you use your powers with me?”

“What?” he asked, slightly shocked. “I thought you said you didn’t want me using it on you!”

“Not on me, with me. Make someone remember me, so I can see how it works without getting reminded myself.“

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea...”

“Head-on, remember? Face it head on. So who are you reminding today?”

Another resigned sigh. “Fine...uh...okay, that girl over there, Allison, is in my statistics class.” I stood up, but he didn’t move, so I grabbed his arm and lifted him from the seat. Luckily, I didn’t have to drag him over there, too.

Allison seemed nice enough, but in the sense that she was average. One of those girls who’s not known for being anything good or bad, but for just being. We sauntered up to her (well, I sauntered, Jack moped) and Jack spoke first. “Hey, Allison!”

“Oh, hey. Jack, right?”

“Yeah. And this is...um...” He hesitated, and I squeezed his arm to encourage him. “This is Dani; remember her from our statistics class?”

“Oh, yeah, I’ve seen her around. So what’s up?” There it was: I’d never stepped foot on this campus in my life, but as far as Allison knew, she’d seen me around the lecture halls before. It was kind of fascinating to see it happen to someone else, though I supposed I’d seen it happen to our parents before; I just didn’t know it at the time.

“Oh, uh...we just, uh...came to say hi...” God, I could swear Jack used to be so quick-witted. His constant self-pity these days really had him screwed up; I hoped I could fix that with a bit of work. But for now, I had to step in to make sure this wasn’t too awkward.

And,” I continued for him, “I missed the last stats lecture, and Jack’s notes are terrible. Can you email me yours, please?“

Allison smiled kindly. “Sure. What’s your email address?” I wrote it down on a scrap of paper, thanked her for her help, and pulled Jack back to the table we had sat at earlier.

“That...is really cool,” I said, grinning.

“Is it?” he asked. “Did I really have to use my curse on her? Those notes mean nothing to you.”

“Who cares? No one is getting hurt here. I know I can’t stop you from calling it a curse, but obviously it’s not always bad.” I was going to drill that into his head until he understood, even if it took forever.

He scoffed. “Sure. Until she asks me why you’re not in class anymore.”

“So tell her I dropped the class. You don’t even have to remind her of anything. It’s not the end of the world, Jack.” I touched his arm gently. “Really, it’ll be okay.” He looked up at me, but didn’t seem convinced yet. “Anyway, let’s have a little more fun. See any hot girls around here?”

“Dani, I don’t need you setting me up with anyone.”

“Check your ego. She’s not for you.”

“So then who is this ‘hot girl’ for?” As I waited for the light bulb to click on in his head, I smiled sweetly. “OH!” Let there be light. “Wait, but—no, since when?”

“Since always, idiot. You didn’t make everything about me, and it’s nice to learn you still don’t know everything about me, either.“

He was, perhaps understandably, incredulous. “Yeah, right. Name one girlfriend you’ve ever had.”

“I had plenty. I just never brought them home to meet the family because, as open as we all are about sex, I wasn’t sure how Mom and Dad would react. And just think, by ditching me, you missed out on all those wonderful threesomes.” I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively.

“Wait, really?” he asked, practically drooling.

“No, you dumb-ass!” I rolled my eyes. “I’m a one-on-one kind of girl. All my girlfriends were before Hank, and between you and Hank. When you and I started dating instead of just fucking, I stopped seeing everyone else.” I paused, a twinge of regret mixed with a speck of that old love I once felt coming to the surface. I mentally brushed it off. “But since I’m single now, I should get to have some fun, and what better way than to remind someone that they’re into me?” I smirked.

“Dani, I told you what happened when I did that with Heather. It’s really a bad idea.”

“Hey, relax,” I assured him. “I’m not asking you to make her fall in love with me. Just remind her she wanted a fun night with me, and then she’ll go back to her regularly scheduled programming. Hey, that’s what we should call your ability: programming!”

I thought I was being clever. He didn’t. “Pretty sure some TV show already has dibs on that,” he said. “I really don’t want to do this for you, Dani.”

“Come on,” I urged. “You need to see that even the parts of your ability you’re most scared of aren’t going to hurt anyone. And I need to get laid. It’s win-win.”

“I don’t...”

“What if I let you watch?”

“Huh?”

“Whoever you pick—your choice, remember—just remind her she likes being watched. I’m fine with you watching—it’s not like you haven’t seen all of me before—and it’ll be your first time seeing me with a woman. You know you want to, Jack.” I was selling this hard. I felt a bit like the little devil on his shoulder, but what I was asking for wouldn’t hurt anyone, so I guess I was more like the big sister in front of his face.

“Just one night?” he asked, starting to cave.

“One night. I promise. Just to show you it won’t hurt.”

I let him consider the proposal, the wheels in his head turning so hard I could almost literally hear them. After a few minutes, he finally answered: “Okay. One night, one girl, I get to watch.”

“It’s a deal!” I almost shouted in relief. “So, who is my lucky prize?”

He checked out chick after chick, then finally nodded towards a shy girl who was sitting alone and reading some textbook. No offense to her, but I was not exactly fighting the urge to jump her bones. “Her? Really? I mean, she looks like a great person, but...do you think she’s really super-sexy, one-night-stand material?”

“Not yet,” he answered, “but with a bit of reminding she could be. Besides, if I’m going to get my rocks off before this all burns up in our faces, I like the idea of seeing you with a shy geek who probably doesn’t know what she’s doing. You could teach her some things; and I’m sure she likes her teachers.” He grinned. “Besides, you said it was my choice.”

Well, at least he was finally happy, even if I was wondering how long I’d have to imagine Halle Berry to get off tonight. “It is, it is. And you know what? I like a challenge. Count me in; let’s go talk to Velma over there.”

“Whoa, wait, I have to figure out what to say first!”

“Why? Just...you know, remind her she wanted a fun night. Nothing to think about.”

“Look,” he said, suddenly in explanation mode. “If she just remembers deciding to experiment with you, she’ll probably change her mind and we won’t get anywhere, especially if she remembers deciding I should watch. She has to really remember wanting it, not just saying she wants it at the last minute.”

“Oh, so there’s strategy to this thing? Fair enough. What’s the plan, Coach?”

“Don’t...don’t call me that,” he said, rubbing his temples as though my one little quip had given him the worst migraine of his life. To be fair, this whole ordeal was probably stressing him out to begin with. “Maybe she’d be up for it if she’s tried it before. Kind of like I used to do with...with you.” He stopped talking, waiting for me to get upset, but I didn’t. By now, I accepted our history. Without rebuke from me, he continued. “So if she just remembers being with someone else and liking it...”

“Sounds like a plan,” I said, admittedly rushing him. The more I thought about this, the more I wanted to be in bed with someone, anyone. It had been a long time since I’d had any action, and that clearly affected me more than I knew.

As we headed over to Velma (whose real name was...something. I don’t even remember anymore. So I’ll just keep calling her Velma), she looked up from her book and pushed her glasses up her nose. “Um...hi? Can I help you or something?”

Jack glanced at me, and I just glanced back, waiting for him to talk. So he did. “Right, well, uh, I’m Jack, from your...” (He checked the textbook title she was reading.) “Engineering Forces class, remember? I was just thinking of how you told me about your lesbian experience, remember? And how much you enjoyed it, and were considering doing it again, remember? But just for one night, remember!” Wow. Had he done this with me and my parents before? How had we never noticed how often he used the R-word? It was like a paddle to the face now that I knew what to listen for.

Velma turned bright red. “Oh, uh, um, hi...again... I don’t... I don’t know why I told you about that...” She sunk down behind her book as though trying unsuccessfully to hide her face. “I mean, that was my first time with anyone, or, my only time, and I—oh, gosh, I’m doing it again!” She seemed close to tears.

“No no, don’t worry!” Jack, trying to fix a mistake he hadn’t made yet. “Look, I just...remember you said you wanted someone else there watching if you did it again, so you could learn how to improve? Dani here wants to have fun tonight, and I’d be willing to watch you to...you know...give you notes after.”

He was really betting on her studious nature to get her on board here...and it worked. “Oh! I...uh...I guess that’s...helpful... Thanks, Jack. Nice to meet you, Dani.” She held out her hand. Really? She was just told we were fucking tonight, and she kept the formality of a handshake?

Well, whatever makes her comfortable; I shook it back. “You, too.”

“So, uh...how do we, uh, do this? Last time, I knew the woman first...” So nervous. So shy. Kind of adorable about it all, too.

“Well, I’m on campus just for the weekend, so how about I come over your dorm tonight. Say 9-ish? And then we’ll just take it from there.” I smiled, trying to calm her nerves, but it didn’t help. She was just a pile of nerves with some thin skin stretched over them.

“O-okay, then...Dani... I’m in the quadrangle, room 7...tonight at...at 9, then...Dani...”

“You don’t have to keep saying my name. Well, at least not until tonight.” I winked, then turned and headed back towards the table. Jack apologized for me and followed me back.

“Did you really have to tease her like that just now? The poor girl...”

“Hey, if she can’t take the teasing, she won’t make it though the night.”

“That’s what I’m worried about...”

“Relax. I’m just kidding. I’ll be gentle with her, and she’ll handle it like a pro. Trust me, everything will be okay.”

“Hmph.”

“No, say it with me: everything—”

“—will be okay. I hope you’re right.”

“When am I ever wrong?” I chuckled.