The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

HOSTEL

Chapter Thirteen — Checking Out

* * *

Author’s note: Many thanks to the authors of Talk Dirty French for helping to improve Juliette and Helene’s banter in this chapter, as well as to Shadra and her French-speaking friend for making it sound much, much better than what I’d started with.

* * *

Snap.

Rebecca watched as seven pairs of eyes slowly closed and reopened. Seven minds reprogrammed, in an instant, to obey. To obey her, and not the devious mind controller who had sucked them all into this mess in the first place. The student had become the master, in the most literal way possible.

“Who do you obey?” Celeste chirped, drawing Rebecca’s attention away from her mesmerized thralls. The brunette looked as if she could hardly contain her excitement. “Yujin, will you obey Rebecca?”

One of the shorter girls pivoted to face Celeste. “Yes. I will obey Mistress Rebecca.”

Celeste squealed as the other six women responded in turn. Yes, I will obey Mistress Rebecca. “Seriously, who knew it could be that easy? I was worried that we would have to brainwash them one at a time! And as the other girls show up, we can do the same. Just… yoink! Zap! Bam, under our control.” She bit her lower lip. “Under your control, I mean.”

“For now.” Rebecca pointed to Alice. “And then we deal with her.”

“Absolutely… oh wait! Someone’s coming!” Celeste scrunched her shoulders and backed away, hiding herself behind Alice. “It’s probably another round of tranced girls. Do your thing!”

Rebecca suppressed the urge to drop Celeste into trance right there and then. As much as she appreciated having a sidekick who could think independently, having a constant one-woman cheer squad in the background was getting tiring. She wondered how many hours of deprograming it was going to take to return Celeste back to normal. To turn her back into the sweet and innocent college girl that everyone in upstate New York knew and loved. Hours? Days? Perhaps she could simply construct a new cover identity over the real brainwashed girl, enough to get her through the rest of her life without drawing suspicion. Or was that too much like Olivia?

The sounds of loud footsteps and giggling broke her train of thought. Her eyes widened, and she immediately looked at Celeste, who responded in-kind. These were not the sounds a hypnotized zombie would make. Instead, they were undeniably…

“La boite c’est aussi le paradis des drageurs!”

…French? Oh, shit!

Before she could even think to shoo the other girls towards the basement, Juliette and Helene burst into the lobby. They took turns shushing each other as Helene pushed against the door in a vain attempt to close it. Neither seemed to take any notice of Rebecca or anyone else in the room.

“Ferme la!” More muffled giggles.

“C’est coincé!” Helene gave the door a final shove and turned quickly, causing her to lose her balance and fall backwards. Under her weight, the door closed with a satisfying whump, and she slid against it until she was sitting on the floor, laughing. “Ow! Un petit peu d’aide?” She looked up, and for the first time, took notice of Rebecca and the others. “Allô! Rebecca?”

Panic set in. Oh shit, what do I say? What’s her phrase? Spring? Springs are… bouncy? Shit! Oh, it’s… “Spring is loveliest in the fall! Helene, spring is loveliest in the fall!”

The brunette responded by slumping against the door with a happy sigh. “Yes, Mistress. I hear and obey.”

“Helene? Que faites-vous?” As the other French girl approached her tranced friend, it occurred to Rebecca that she had never bothered to learn Juliette’s trigger.

“Merde! Elle est à la masse! Helene? Helene!” Juliette reached down and began shaking Helene, who responded with nothing but a faint smile and a pair of empty brown eyes. “Helene! Putain!” The concern in her face rapidly gave way to anger, and she turned to Rebecca. “What did you do to her?” she hissed.

“Juliette.” Rebecca managed to take a single step backwards before colliding with a wall. She was trapped. “Juliette, listen to my voice…”

“What is this?” Juliette advanced until she was within striking distance. She raised both hands and glared. “What is—”

Suddenly, Alice appeared behind her. “Purple horses are on sale,” she said. She watched impassively as Juliette sank into trance.

“Yes, Mistress. I hear and obey.”

Rebecca leaned against the wall, trying to will her heart back down to a normal rate. “Oh shit, Alice! Thanks, Jesus… you… you saved my ass. I forgot to ask… God, I fuck everything up!”

Her new Irish servant ignored her. “Helene and Juliette, listen carefully to my voice. You must do as Mistress Rebecca commands. When I snap my fingers, you will obey her instead of me. You will follow her to the basement without hesitation. Understood, dearies?

“Yes, Alice.”

“Yes, Alice.”

Rebecca watched as Alice casually raised her hand. A faint smile crossed her lips as she snapped her fingers. Jesus, she gets off on this even when she’s hypnotized! “Helene? Juliette? Go stand over there with the other girls. Do it now.”

“Yes, Mistress Rebecca.”

“Yes, Mistress Rebecca.”

She leaned down and helped the struggling Helene to her feet, getting her settled on her precariously high blue heels before sending her to join the crowd at the other end of the lobby. “Hey, Celeste? We need to get these girls downstairs. If anyone else comes through the door, we’re screwed. All it takes is one runner.”

“Yeah, but Alice can drop them in an instant. Can’t you, Alice?”

Another faint smile. “Yes, Mistress Celeste. I am very good at what I do.”

“I swear to God, she’s getting off on this.” Rebecca grabbed the Irish woman’s shoulders and spun her until she was facing the hallway. “Alice, take all nine girls down to the basement and have them gather around the monitor. You will turn on the monitor and wait for further instructions.”

“Yes, Rebecca.”

For a second, no one in the room moved, until Rebecca remembered that Alice wasn’t the one calling the shots these days. “You are all deeply hypnotized. You will obey. You will follow Alice to the basement. When she turns on the monitor, you will look right at the screen.” She paused, then added, “You will obey.”

“I will obey.”

Then they were gone, leaving only Celeste in the cold, dark room with her. She ran her hands through her hair and let her palms come to rest over her eyes. It felt good not to think, even if only for a moment. Maybe I should go down to the basement, too. Get myself good and brainwashed again.

She felt a pair of cold, soft hands tug at her own. She smiled and let them fall away, coming face to face with a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes. “Hey, lover.”

“Hey, Mistress. What are your commands for me?”

“We should grab Emily. Might as well get as many as we can in one shot. It’s going to take a few days to get everyone, and it’ll be nice to have her back to normal.” She glanced at her phone. “And fuck, it’s late! I hope this de-brainwashing doesn’t take forever. We can… we…” She found herself falling into Celeste’s pretty eyes. “I guess we don’t need to rush it.”

“We don’t.” Celeste closed her eyes and kissed her on the lips. “We have plenty of time. You’re not back in the States for days, and I’m not due back for almost a month. We can take our time and be little hypnotists for a few days. We should also ask Alice who’s coming into town this week.”

“Ha!” Rebecca stifled a laugh. “Have you seen this mess we’re standing in? I guarantee you this stuff is how she keeps track of who’s coming and going. How that woman ever got to be a mind controller is beyond me.”

“Not all mind controllers are created equal.” The brunette winked. “Mistress Rebecca.”

“Staaaaahp. We’re going. Grab Emily, brainwash the girls, grab some sleep. Rinse, repeat.”

“Brainwashing and maybe a little fucking? Now you’re speaking my language!”

“Ugh.” She slid her arm around Celeste’s waist and took a step forward. “You’re impossible, you know that?”

“Yes, Mistress.”

* * *

“Sssshhh… I think she’s asleep.”

They slid into Rebecca’s room like cat burglars, trying and mostly failing to avoid the creakiest of the loose floorboards. Emily had left the reading lamp above the headboard on when she drifted off to sleep, and she looked like an angel in its soft white light. Strands of red hair covered her face, and her limp, delicate hands just barely kept her paperback from sliding off of her stomach and onto the floor.

A deep, relaxing trance. Deep, relaxing, hypnotic trance. Close your eyes, and sleep. Sleep, Emily. Sleeeeeep.

“She’s totally asleep,” Celeste whispered. “What do we do?”

“I guess we leave her until tomorrow? Should we wake her up?”

Celeste settled the debate before it had even begun. “Emily,” she said, throwing her head forward for emphasis. “Emily! Wake up! Emily!”

Rebecca poked her in the ribs. “Don’t! Let her…”

“Mmmmmmm…” the redhead stirred and opened her eyes. She reminded Rebecca of a fairy princess awakening from an evil spell. In a way, that was exactly what they had planned for her. “Mmmm, hey guys? What… did you just get back? I fell asleep. What time is it?” She yawned and stretched, arching her back in a way that made her boobs stand out appreciably.

Rebecca, caught staring at her friend’s rack, quickly looked away. “Yeah, we just got back from Club Trabant. It was kind of dead there.”

“Mmmm, it’s always dead there,” Emily said in a sleepy, singsong voice. “I’m sorry, I’m lame.” Another yawn, followed by more stretching. “Still trying to get back into big city mode. All of those little towns close up at like eleven at night, so I just… harumph.” She blinked and studied the pair. “You two look so cute together! Do you want? Um, I can make myself scarce f you need the room.” With a grunt, she sat up and swung her legs out over the edge of the bed. “Just gimme one second.”

“No, it’s cool.” Rebecca took a seat on the spare bed. “We’re um, going to go out in a bit to get some food. Wanna come with us?”

“I feel like I haven’t eaten in days, but nah, you know me. Schedule girl has to eat on schedule.”

Rebecca giggled. Emily had, at some point, taken to pronouncing the word ‘schedule’ the English way. Shed-u-al. Brainwashed or not, she was still good old Emily. “There’s something we need to show you before we go. Come with us and check it out? It’ll take, like, five minutes.”

“Five seconds,” Celeste added. She leaned against the door, looking impatient. “Alice wanted us to show everyone.”

“Yeah, no.” Emily patted her pillow. “I’ve got a hot date with Mister Mattress tonight. If Alice wants something, she can show it to me herself at normal-person time.”

“Oh, Emily?” Celeste pushed away from the door and crossed her arms. “One more question.”

“Mmm hmm?”

“The stars are not our fault.”

The redhead’s brown eyes instantly glazed over. “They are not.”

Rebecca’s mouth dropped open. Her hands flew into the air of their own accord, and she stared at her girlfriend in shock. A faint “uh” was all that escaped from her lungs.

Celeste nodded and grinned. “Emily, listen to me. In a minute we’re going to go downstairs, and you’re—”

“What did you…” Rebecca found her voice. “What is going on?”

“—and you’re going to come downstairs with us, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Good. Now sit quietly, because Rebecca… ow! Ow! Rebec—because Rebecca and I need to talk.”

“Yes. Quietly.”

“Ow! Quit poking me!” Celeste swatted at Rebecca’s hand. “How else are we supposed to get her into the basement?”

“You hypnotized her! How the hell did you hypnotize her? Jesus, Celeste! You saw what happened the last time she went into a trance!” She jumped up from the bed and began pacing, hand on her chin. “Did Alice leave a trigger I didn’t know about? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“No, that was all me! Remember when I bought her back to the hostel and got her in here? When I put her under, I gave her a trigger to drop her again. She won’t obey Alice at all, I made sure of that.” The conquering hero look returned, and she crossed her arms again. “What were we supposed to tell her? ‘Hey Emily, come look at the pipes in the basement with us?’ Now she’ll go willingly, and since she’s already in a trance, we can start using the machine on her. Done and done!”

“I guess. But how did—”

Celeste held out her arms and let Rebecca walk into them. “I told you, I watched a lot of bad TV as a kid. Did you ever see the episode of ‘Charlie’s Angels’ where Julie gets brainwashed? I just used my book instead of a candle as a focus.”

Rebecca let the girl’s arms close around her. It made sense. Emily would have been difficult, now she wouldn’t be. Emily needed to be brainwashed by the machine, and now that was possible. Celeste had solved a problem before either of them even realized that the problem existed. She was smart and clever, that one. Smart and clever and beautiful. Even so….

“You can’t… Celeste, hypnosis doesn’t work that way. You can’t learn it from watching television. You can’t wave your hand and trance someone. If she’s going under, it’s because someone hypnotized her to do so.” She thought about Jessica, so eager and willing to let Rebecca take her under. Or Emily, offering herself as volunteer. “I think someone else might be getting into their heads. Someone who has it out for Alice.”

“Like the guy you told me about?”

Rebecca pulled away and ignoring the brunette’s whimpering protest, began pacing in a circle. “Exactly. Shit, Celeste, if they find out what we’ve done to Alice… they’re going to try to take over the place while she’s down. They’re going to come here and try to take all of the girls! Even us. Especially us!”

“Not if we’re ready for them.” Celeste began trailing Rebecca, the two of them making circle after circle in front of the hypnotized redhead. “We literally have a small army, with you as their commander. It’s what Alice would have done, right?”

“But—”

“So we brainwash them to obey us completely, and if anyone comes by, we’ll be protected!”

Rebecca immediately pictured Helene and Juliette, in heels and tight dresses, holding machine guns and blankly firing them into a crowd of bad guys. They looked ridiculous. The whole idea was ridiculous. “They’re lovers, not fighters. Besides, what are we going to fight with? Forks and knives from the kitchen?” She marched to the door and placed her hand on the handle. “I honestly don’t know what to do, Celeste. So we’re going with Plan A for now. Tell Emily to come with us, and let’s go.” She stared into the brunette’s eyes. “I command you, Celeste.”

A loud sigh. “You know how I feel about all of this.”

“Command! Now! Yesterday!”

“Finnnnne. Emily, stand up.”

The redhead rose to her feet. Celeste brushed loose strands of hair from Emily’s face. “Okay Emily, you’re going to follow me and Rebecca into the basement. You will do as I say. Understood?”

Emily’s dull eyes were fixed on a random patch of wall. “Yes. I understand.”

With that, Rebecca turned the handle and stepped into the hall.

* * *

They both heard the chanting before they reached the bottom of the staircase. A blue-grey halo of light trickled out of the metal basement door, flowing and ebbing like a tiny tide pool. Behind the door, the chanting grew in volume, and Rebecca could just make out the words. Watch and obey. Watch and obey. Watch and obey.

“Why is she brainwashing them? I told her to wait for me.” Rebecca frowned, feeling annoyed.

Celeste shrugged her shoulders. “Well, we did tell her to turn on the monitor. She’s probably just on autopilot. It’s got to be second nature to her by now.”

“Yeah, second nature to make them into sex slaves! Not the other way around! Let’s go.” She gave the door a shove, wincing a bit as it creaked open with a high-pitched metallic screeeeee.

“After you, Colonel Sanders,” said Celeste, happily ignoring Rebecca’s glaring response. “Emily? Shit, you’ve got goosebumps. Listen to me, you don’t feel cold. You feel just fine. Now walk into the next room. Watch your step and don’t trip on anything.”

“Yes.” The redhead silently pushed Rebecca aside and stepped through the door way, eyes glued to the ground. She took another step and froze.

“Is she okay?” Celeste gave Emily a gentle push. “Emily? Are you okay?”

“Yes.”

“You told her to walk into the room, and she did. End of program. You have to be more specific when they’re this deep in trance.” Rebecca allowed herself a triumphant smile. Now I’m the conquering hero, ha! “Didn’t they teach you that on Ultra Force?”

Action Force.” Celeste stuck out her tongue. “And probably, yeah. It was a long time ago. Emily! Walk into the cennnnterrr of the room. Obey.”

“Yes.” She took a careful, exaggerated step over the monitor’s power cord and walked towards the circle of hypnotized hostel guests. Rebecca and Celeste followed.

The girls sat cross-legged in a ragged semicircle, each of them facing the monitor. Its electric glow washed over their blank faces, a sexy scene that gave Rebecca more than a few naughty thoughts. The blank faces were her favorite thing about hypnosis. That, and the sleepy voices that inevitably followed.

Alice stood before them like a schoolteacher, one hand resting on the monitor and the other tracing the air in lazy circles. On the screen, colorful spirals expanded and contracted as they drifted from one side to the other, looking like stars in a deeply hypnotic night sky. “Your mind is empty. Watch the pretty, pretty spirals, dearies. Watch, and obey. Watch, and sleep.” She took note of Rebecca’s entrance, nodded once, and went back to work. “Rebecca is all that matters to you. Rebecca is speaking through me. Her voice is my voice. My voice is Rebecca’s voice. You will listen to it, and obey. Rebecca is your mistress. You will listen to her voice, and obey.”

Listen, and obey. Listen, and obey. Obey. O… fuck! Rebecca sucked in her cheeks and clamped down, hard, with her teeth. The pain pulled her out of the hole Alice had pushed her into, and she rubbed her face as she checked on Emily and Celeste. Emily, of course, was just as placid as the others. Celeste, on the other hand, looked like she was ready to spring into action.

“Listen and obey. Rebecca is your mistress. You will listen to her voice, and obey. Say it. You will obey.”

Rebecca was looking straight at Helene when it happened. The beautiful French girl’s chest swelled as she raised her head. Her eyes somehow managed to be both lifeless and fanatical at the same time. “I will obey,” she said, letting her mouth hang open at the end of the sentence. Around her, the other girls also seemed to take on a new life, uncurling their legs and rising to their knees.

“You will obey,” said Alice. “You MUST obey.”

“I will obey. I MUST obey.”

Your mind belongs to me. Your body belongs to me. “Fuuuuck, that gets me every time. The way their faces are so slack and empty…” She turned back to Celeste. “We’re not getting any sleep tonight, you and I. Just so you know.”

The brunette was whispering into Emily’s ear. With a smile, she nudged the redhead forward. Emily sank to her knees, a new convert to Alice’s religion.

“Oh, I know,” Celeste said with a sexy wink. She blew Rebecca a kiss. “I know.”

* * *

The lights were still on.

Jessica’s initial reaction was relief. It meant that she wouldn’t have to sneak into the room or undress in the dark, forever mindful of her light-sleeping best friend just a few meters away. There were few feelings in life worse than the guilt that came with making accidental noises and waking other people up, but since Phoebe was up checking emails again…

She checked her watch. Late, but not ungodly so. Enough time to grab some sleep before checking out and starting the long journey home. She placed her keycard against the door and waited for the beep. I hope I don’t wake Pheebs up.

Beep.

The door swung open to reveal an unkempt, empty bed instead of a slightly-annoyed Phoebe. Jessica glanced around in confusion. Both beds were empty. A half-full pint glass—probably stolen from the hotel bar—and Phoebe’s pink travel journal were the only signs that the blonde had even come back to the room.

“Pheebs?” she called out, blushing before the word was even fully out of her mouth. What a dumb think to say! Of course she wasn’t here, unless she was hiding under the bed or in the… bathroom? Maybe?

“Hey Pheebs? Oh, hey!” Relieved, she grinned and unzipped her jacket. “You scared me for a second!”

The blonde stared at her. She held her phone with one hand and a bathrobe with the other, seemingly uninterested in either. “Jessica is here,” she said.

Shit. Does she know that I went to see Rebecca? “I’m sorry I’m late, the train just stopped in the tunnel and… hey, are you okay?”

“Someone wants to speak to you.” She held out the phone and patiently waited for Jessica to take it.

Jessica held the phone to her ear. The case was warm to the touch, as if Phoebe had been holding it for hours. “This is Jessica, who is this?”

“Your mind sleeps as your body obeys.”

The locks opened as Slave woke from her deep slumber.

To be continued