The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

HOSTEL

Chapter Nineteen — At Last, Setting Off

Rebecca’s pendant was so, so pretty to look at.

It was corny, in a way—Rebecca really seemed to think that her cheap piece of thrift store jewelry had hypnotic powers or something—but it didn’t hurt to look at it. Just look at it. Just watch it. Back and forth. Like being hypnotized. Back and forth…

“You’re so relaxed,” her roommate whispered, before giving the pendant another twist.

Emily nodded. She was relaxed, not that the crystal had anything to do with it. It was just so nice to lie on her bed and not think about chemistry for five minutes, to just lie there and admire Rebecca’s little sparkly gem. Somehow it seemed to create all sorts of colors, like a prism. Colors that bounced and sparkled and blinked in and out of existence like stars.

“Your eyes are getting tired and heavy,” said Rebecca, and they were, heavy and dull all out of the blue, not that it mattered, because she could still see the shiny, lovely pendant. Back and forth. Back and forth. Almost as if she were being hypnotized. Falling into a trance. Heavy and sleepy. Heavy and sleepy. She felt both, and every flash seemed to make it a thousand times more powerful.

Not worse. Just more powerful. It felt good.

The pendant dropped to the bed. “Sleep,” Rebecca commanded, her voice strong and very much unlike the whispering church mouse she’d been roleplaying earlier.

Emily barely had time to notice her head dropping to the sheets before the blackness rushed up to meet her.

* * *

“Damn. I told Edwin. I told him. Do you know if there are any weapons in this hostel, Emily?”

“No.” It was the truth; as far as she knew, the place was entirely free of guns, swords, axes, and other implements of destruction. There were knives in the kitchen, but she hadn’t been asked about them, and it was not a slave’s duty to make such unprompted observations.

It was a slave’s duty to obey. She knew that now. Edwin was rough and cruel, and a bad lover, but he’d shown her the truth about her existence.

She knew that ‘Emily’ was a lie.

She was Slave. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing at all.

She would obey.

“Are there knives in the kitchen? Did you bring any mace with you? Something to use to defend yourself?”

“Yes.” A slight pause. “No. No.”

Amanda’s thin lips curled. “You’re so delicious when you’re this mindless. My own little personal robot. A knife will have to do.”

“A knife will to do.”

The redhead was a stunner, there was no doubt about that. And very popular, judging from how often they’d seen her being led into a car, or the lobby of a hotel, by some enthusiastic customer. She would bring in plenty of money, as would her brunette friend. They could end this little raid with upwards of thirty girls, if they took their time and played their cards right. But the girls were simply golden eggs.

Alice and Rebecca were the golden geese who laid them.

Amanda placed her hands on Emily’s thin waist and gazed into her empty brown eyes. “Slave, I want you to search your memory for me. Think of a time you shared with you and your friend Rebecca. Listen carefully to me.”

* * *

“Well?”

Rebecca glared at Alice. “Well what?”

There had been a time when Alice would have responded with a snarky look of her own. Instead, she looked almost hurt by Rebecca’s sharp tongue. “What shall we do, Mistress? I’ve given you my best ideas but I simply must obey your commands. Only you can decide what’s best, dearie.”

This was true, and Rebecca knew it. Like the buzzing neon sign outside Club Trabant, saving her thralls was now her responsibility. She closed her eyes and let her mind focus on the club. “There are people there,” she mused. “Public space and all. Plenty of witnesses, so Edwin can’t get away with using his hypno-gadget on us. Do you think the club will get crowded tonight, Alice?”

“Oh, it always picks up eventually.”

Rebecca stood, and motioned for Alice to do the same. “Let’s fucking hope so.”

* * *

“Okay. Next one.” Petra slid the top card away from the deck with her index finger and slipped it into her hand. She held the card next to Juliette’s candle, taking care to avoid knocking the huge wax cylinder into its side, squinting her eyes as she struggles to make out the text. “I just left blank… next to the trash for the Pfandsammier.”

The girls around her groaned. Audrey, the blonde from Texas, flipped through her hand of cards. “I have no idea who or what that is.”

“It’s… the bottle guy… the guy who takes the bottles from the trash,” Juliette offered. “So what would you leave him, as a funny present?” She scanned her cards and, after a moment, set one down on the floor and giggled.

“I don’t even know what this is, either,” said Lauren. She let a card flutter from her hand. “This game isn’t fun if you don’t get the references and the jokes!”

Petra collected the discarded cards. “Sorry, sorry, it’s either Cards Against Humanity or Monopoly. They didn’t have any other games in the lounge.”

More groans followed, and Petra set her cards down. “Fine. Who’s got alcohol?”

“Who’s going to turn the power back on?” Lauren tapped her phone. “I’m down to five percent. Where the heck is Alice?”

“She’ll be down in a moment. We’re working on it.”

All eyes settled on the pretty brunette as she casually walked into the center of the room. “She sent me around to remind you all of something very important.” In the dark, no one could see the thin smile on Celeste’s face, or the wicked gleam in her eyes. “Something you’ll all want to hear.”

“Okay.” Lauren shuffled onto her knees as she stuffed her dying phone into a pocket. “What’s so important?”

Celeste sucked in a deep breath. “Summer turns suddenly to winter. Sleep.”

“What’s that suppossssss…. nnnnnn.” Petra’s eyes fluttered shut as she toppled forward, barely missing the candle next to her.

The other girls quickly followed suit, until Ashley found herself alone and surrounded by limp, sprawling bodies. Her blue eyes opened as wide as she could force them, and she scooted backwards across the wood floor. “What did… what’s happening? What did you do to them?”

“You’re new.” Celeste moved closer, calmly stepping over the other girls. “I don’t recognize you.” She held out her hand. “Hi, I’m Celeste.”

“Get… get away… get away…” Ashley continued to push away until she felt a wall press against her back. Without thinking, she lashed out with her legs. “Get! Away! No!” Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!. The brunette backed away, going Ashley room to maneuver, and she took advantage of the opportunity to slide up the wall until she was on her feet. She raised her fists. Four years of self-defense courses were about to prove their worth. “You get AWAY from me,” she shouted, although a part of her wanted the girl to get close enough to get popped in the mouth. One hit, maybe two. She was lightweight enough to go down easy.

“Look over here, please.”

Another voice, coming from the door. A man’s voice. Her head swiveled before she even knew what she was doing, perhaps drawn to the possibility of hope and rescue from this newcomer. Look over here, please, and so she did.

“Good. Watch. Listen. Obey.”

Her hands dropped to her sides as pretty, swirling colors washed over her placid face.

* * *

She placed her palms on her face and pressed against her eyes, hoping to either squeeze the rest of her tears out of her face or to keep them bottled up behind her eyes forever. Crying sucked. She hated it. She also couldn’t stop.

“I can fix this,” said Rebecca. “Em, I can fix this.”

Sweet, sexy, gorgeous Rebecca. With her soft skin and her long hair, her full, sweet lips. What would it be like to kiss them? She could find out. Rebecca was into girls. Rebecca was into hot girls. She was a hot girl. They could make it-

“Fix WHAT?” The tears pushed her hands away from her face and resumed their march to her chin. “I don’t even know what’s WRONG with me, Rebecca! I’ve never had these feelings for you, I’ve never felt this way towards a girl before.” She inhaled as best she could, filling her lungs with equal amounts of oxygen and snot, and choking back the latter. “I mean it’s not wrong, it’s just that I’m not, and Roger’s not, and… Rebecca why? What’s happening to me? I’m so stupid! I’m so stuuuuuuupiiiidddddohhhhwhyyyyy…”

“Shh. Emily, it’s okay.”

“It’s NOT okay!”

“It is. Here. Open your eyes.”

Emily did, and blinked hard. She felt dizzy. Her tears made the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling twinkle back at her. She swallowed something—vomit, her nerves, her pride, maybe all three—and turned her head towards her roommate. Her beautiful roommate. Her amazing, caring roommate, so beautiful and dammit no no no no no…

“Just focus your eyes on this, Emily.” Rebecca dangled something in front of her. A pendant. The one she picked up from the thrift store. What was that supposed to… but… it was pretty to look at. A wave of calm washed up from the depths and carried away the tears and the nausea. It left the pendant behind, untouched and pretty. Sparkly.

“That’s good, Emily. Relax, and listen to my voice.”

“Voice…” She was so tired. All of that crying and now, like clockwork, the wave of exhaustion that followed. It was like being eight years old all over again. The pendant was so, so pretty. So relaxing.

“I can fix this, I promise,” said Rebecca. She was certain of it. Pretty Rebecca could fix everything. Pretty Rebecca and her pretty, pretty pen-

“You,” she whispered. It was too tiring to say anything louder. “You… did this. You did something to me. What did you do to me?”

Her roommate frowned. More importantly, she turned beet red, the way she did that time she broke Grandma Victoria’s teacup and tried to lie about it falling… on it’s… oh God. Oh no. No.

“Are you… hypnotizing me?” She found the strength to raise her voice. “Did you hypnotize me? Did you mess with my mind? Is that why… Rebecca, did you brainwash me? With that… with that?” She glared at the pendant, no longer pretty, now downright cheap and sinister. Like Rebecca herself. “You wouldn’t, you bitch. You bitch! You… you…”

Now Rebecca was crying, too. “I’m sorry,” she said, looking like she meant it. “Listen and obey. Tangerine locust pudding, Emily. Sleep.”

The wave of calm returned, faster and taller than before, overwhelming her. Everything tumbled, including her thoughts. She was so, so sleepy. “What’s…”

Rebecca touched her forehead. “Sleep.”

“I remember.” Slave straightened her body and looked straight ahead. Mission accomplished.

“And?”

The memories were perfectly clear now. “Rebecca tried to hypnotize me into sleeping with her. Then she hypnotized me and made me forget. I won’t remember this when I am awake. I will never remember this when I am not in trance.”

“She’s so stupid and reckless. She never thought that someone might try to have you pry into your own memories? To go below Emily’s radar and search through the rubble left behind? What a fucking idiot.” Amanda spat out the word fucking like a chewed bit of gristle.

Slave had no response to that. She didn’t need one. She would respond when ordered to.

“You and I are going to have some fun with Emily’s mind, Slave.” Amanda pressed something cool and heavy into her unresisting hands. “Maybe a little amped-up revenge, even. I’ll tell you a little secret of my own.” She leaned against the redhead and blew soft puffs of air against her earlobe. “I’ve changed my mind. We’re leaving here with Alice, and only Alice.”

* * *

“Alice?”

“Shh. Don’t raise your voice, Mistress Celeste. Just follow me, please.

Celeste looked around in confusion, hoping that Rebecca might arrive to make sense of things. Instead, she found herself trailing Alice and being led—against her better judgment, she noted—down a hall and into a vacated dorm room. This was one of the big ones, with eighteen bunk beds lining the walls, and Celeste allowed herself to feel a little pride. She’d never find herself in one of those narrow bunks, now that her girlfriend owned the place. Goodbye, dorm life. She wondered what else Rebecca’s hypnotic talents might be able to secure for the both of them.

“Dearie,” said Alice, breaking Celeste’s train of thought as she gently closed the room door. “I apologize for the skullduggery, Mistress, but we’re in a tough spot. Please hear me out.”

It’s not that big of a deal, Alice. Sheesh. “Do you know where the circuit breakers are? Rebecca’s been looking for them. We’re the only place on the block without power.”

“Celeste. We’ve bigger troubles than the mains, I’m afraid. Rebecca asked me to come collect you. We’re under siege. There’s a man and a woman in—”

“Mistress Celeste” the brunette responded. The closed door was beginning to worry her. Why had Alice closed it? Why was she acting so oddly? “And Rebecca asked me to come collect you, Alice. We’ve been looking all over for you! The lights are out and Edwin nearly killed himself getting up the back stairs. I don’t know why we’re standing here, so let’s go.”

“But Mistress…”

“That’s an order, slave.” The word still felt amazing to say, especially after everything Alice had put Rebecca through. After daring to brainwash her true Mistress into servitude. There were going to be plenty of orders from now on.

“Tell me, Celeste. Who is Edwin, exactly?”

Celeste fought the urge to raise her voice. It would only cause the others to panic. They might hurt themselves in the rush to find her, not knowing where she was. “Alice,” she growled, “I gave you a direct order, now obey.”

“Yes, Mistress. Who is Edwin?”

“He’s…” Who is Edwin, exactly? The answer popped into her head immediately. “He’s a friend and I trust him completely.”

“Really. You’ve got plenty of strange middle-aged male friends here in Berlin, is that it?”

Even in the dark, Celeste could feel Alice’s sarcastic gaze, and she winced. “I… I will do whatever Edwin tells me to do. He’s our friend, and I trust him completely.” It felt so right to say it, even if Alice didn’t believe her. What did a slave know, anyway?

“One more time, please. Who is Edwin?”

“He’s a friend, and I trust him completely.” There. That settled it. That settled it, didn’t it? Edwin was a friend and she trusted him completely.

“A bit repetitive, isn’t it? It’s almost as if you’ve been brainwashed to believe it.”

“Edwin’s…” She bit her tongue. There were a thousand ways to talk about Edwin, her friend. Even if she couldn’t quite place where they’d first met at the hostel?, or why she trusted him completely because I trust him completely.”He’s a friend and… I… dammit, Celeste, don’t!

But the words were unstoppable, and they fell from her lips in neatly-bundled packages. “He’s a friend and I trust him completely.”

“Listen to me carefully, Mistress Celeste.” The Irish woman was standing right next to her. “You will obey Rebecca. Obey. You’ve been hypnotized against your will by Edwin. I’m here to help you to escape. Rebecca wants you to meet her at Club Trabant, where you’ll be safe and under her protection. But we need to go now, Mistress. Do you understand?”

Rebecca wants me to be safe. That was something the Rebecca would want more than anything. Safe and by her lover’s side. She nodded her head. “I understand, Alice. What do we do? What does Rebecca want us to do?”

Alice exhaled. She placed her hand on Celeste’s forearm. “There’s a back staircase. You know the one. It leads into a courtyard. From there we can get to the club.”

“Celeste.”

The voice passed through their bodies like a lightening bolt, rooting them to the floor. They stared wide-eyed at the room door. The voice beyond it spoke again. “Celeste, this is Rebecca. You will hypnotize Alice now. Do it now. Obey.”

The brunette gasped and swayed on her feet, overtaken by a wave of pleasant, mindless obedience. Her Rebecca was back, and she had her orders. “Yes, Rebecca,” she sighed happily. “I will obey.”

“No, Celeste. It’s very important that you listen to me, dearie. That is not Rebecca!”

Celeste found herself able to move again. Every step felt better than a thousand moonwalks. She no longer needed to be afraid, or confused, or worried. She had orders, and she was about to carry them out. “Alice,” she said, her voice smooth and calm. Her hypnotist voice, syrupy and sweet and penetrating. “Listen to me and obey.” She could hear footsteps on the floor, and guessed that Alice was trying to get away in the darkness. But the brunette wasn’t worried at all.

Words didn’t rely on light to travel.

“Remember the pretty pendant, Alice. Sleep and remember. Sleep and remember.”

* * *

Oh, shit. It’s raining.

Rebecca brushed her hair back and looked up at the sky, letting raindrops smash against half-closed eyes as she tried calming herself with lungfuls of cool, damp air. It worked, if only for a brief moment, long enough to gather her wits and plan her next move.

Not that there was much to plan. For better or worse, all of this was Alice’s idea, not hers. Sneak out the back, climb over the courtyard fence, get to the street. Get to the club. Wait for Alice. No one would see her run, because Edwin and Amanda would have their hands full dealing with Alice, and the rest of the girls would be too deeply mesmerized to care.

The courtyard was surprisingly large. Someone had tried planting a garden out here, probably decades before; weed-choked planter boxes and a rusty little fence marked the boundaries of what had been someone’s pride and joy. An old East German family growing some extra food on the side? A younger Alice, fresh in the city and cash-poor, taking a fist stab at clearing up her new property? The long-lost Austrian family from the top floor? Not that it mattered much now. Months and years of hard work lay forgotten beneath the harsh white glare of a few roof-mounted security lights.

Rebecca knew she was wasting time, but she couldn’t make herself move. All of her efforts, plans, dreams—all in ruins now, just like the garden, soon to be forgotten. Her beautiful girlfriend, her trusty best friend, her brand-new harem of devoted slaves—they all belonged to someone else now. Even Alice, the biggest mind controller in town and the biggest feather Rebecca would ever fit in her cap… even Alice was gone now. Everything and everyone was.

She’s just thrown her last devoted slave to the wolves. To save herself.

No.

“No,” she said, kicking a pebble and watching it sail into the overgrown weeds. “To save all of us.”

The courtyard fence was nearly as overgrown and ramshackle as the garden—probably built at the same time and by the same person, she reasoned—and Rebecca approached it cautiously. The last thing she wanted was to break a leg before she could even begin to pull off Alice’s plan. How ridiculous would it be for her to fail now, for Edwin and Amanda to find her knocked out in the alley, easy prey for Edwin’s irresistible color show?

“I’m the final girl.” Her hands curled around the top of the fence. She winced as splinters dug into her wet, slippery fingers. “Me against them.” She grunted as she lifted herself up, doing her best to avoid toppling the entire fence as she threw one leg over the top. “The final girl always wins. And besides…” She turned and let her body flatten against the other side of the fence, gently lowering herself back to earth. Her fingers gave way at the last second and she found herself unceremoniously dumped onto her ass landing hard enough to send out angry bolts of protest from her tailbone.

She climbed to her feet and wiped her jeans with her dirty, wet hands. Get to the street. Get to the club. And at the club… “I’m not the only girl still standing,” she finished, peering around a corner and slinking into the main alley.

* * *

Slave obeyed.

By now the rain had soaked through all of her clothes. Her skin was cold and pale. She would almost certainly come down with some kind of cold by morning, if not actual pneumonia. Even now, her breath came in ragged chunks, heavy with the wet air that caught itself in her throat.

A hand landed on her shoulder. “Geht es dir gut? Fräulein? Geht es dir gut?”

The woman sounded concerned. Emily took these things personally, no matter how many times Rebeca made fun of her for doing so. Emily would smile and let her head droop, just a bit, meekly admitting that she did look a bit off at the moment, before following with a polite “it’s alright, I’m okay. Really, I am.”

Slave felt no compulsion to do any such thing. Slave had orders, and she would obey them. The woman and her concerned voice vanished from her reality forever. Obey. Obey. Obey.

The hand withdrew. Slave kept her eyes on the street, waiting for right moment. The moment itself didn’t matter, and wasn’t worth thinking about; she would now it when it came, and that was that. Until then she was to watch the street and obey. Always obey me, slave. Aways and without question.

Movement. Slave’s head jerked to one side, sending strands of wet hair into her eyes. She brushed them away. Something—someone—was entering the sidewalk from a side alley, slowly at first, then moving with more confidence. The figure didn’t see—couldn’t see—Slave, not with the rain and the perfect positioning that Slave’s masters had gifted to her. Slave, on the other hand, had a full view of her new target as it moved away from her, heading down the block.

Rebecca. The moment was finally here, and it came immediately to mind.

“Rebecca is my enemy,” Slave said to the rain and the street. “I will obey.”

* * *

They lined up like soldiers, three rows deep, twenty girls in all. Twenty beautiful, mindless slaves, all laser focused on Edwin and Amanda, who stood before them. Celeste quietly slipped around them and joined their phalanx from the rear, every bit as lost in trance as the girls she’d once commanded. Alice, equally blank and passive, remained by her new masters.

Amanda looked over her new acquisitions. Twenty one new girls, for a grand total of forty. More than enough to rake in once-unthinkable piles of euros each and every night. A full-sized hostel to house all of them. And a master hypnotist under her thumb, completely at her beck and call and ready to reel in more unsuspecting victims.

All that was left was the loose end. The stupid American girl. She still needed to be dealt with, and quickly.

“Ladies,” Edwin climbed onto the lobby desk, towering over his assembled flock. “You serve myself and Amanda. You will obey.”

“I will obey.” Twenty two voices, sleepy and dull. They came from all over the world, and would cater to every taste. They would cater to Edwin, too, but that was only natural. Amanda was happy to share her man with his playthings if it meant leaving most of the power and money in her own hands. Which it inevitably did.

Edwin hopped down from his perch, using Alice as an unwitting pillar of support, and leveled his gaze at Amanda. “I’m going to push one more time for letting Rebecca go, Mandy. I know how much you want her, but…”

“You think too small, Edwin,” she replied. “That’s always been your problem. I want that girl dead or brainwashed out of her mind by morning. Just because we have Alice doesn’t mean that we can just let Rebecca go.”

“Emily’s on it.”

“Emily’s one girl.” Her eyes narrowed. “And one girl can fail.”

“She knows that she can’t come back here, ever again. She can’t stay at Club Trabant forever. She can’t go to the police. She’s got her phone and her wallet and a plane ticket back home. Let her go, Mandy. Hell, we owe it to her, don’t we? Without her, we never would have been able to get any of this.”

He lifted Yulin’s head by her chin and pulled her close. “Kiss me, slave.”

“Yes, master.” The short girl threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his torso and steeping on her toes to meet his eager lips. Their eyes closed as they embraced.

“Cute, Edwin. Very cute. Can we get back to the issue at hand? Rebecca Sanders needs to be dealt with. I don’t like loose ends.”

“Fine.” He pushed Yulin away, causing the girl to stumble and fall painfully to the ground. Even in trance, her body reacted to the pain and responded with a short, wounded yelp. He ignored her. “Ladies, you will all listen carefully to me. Repeat and believe the words that I say to you. You are in a deep hypnotic trance.”

“I am in a deep hypnotic trance.”

“Repeat after me. All of you. Repeat. You are invincible.”

“I am invincible,” said Alice, her voice as sleepy and empty as the others.

“You feel no pain. Your body is made of steel.”

The girls immediately snapped to attention, like soldiers. “I feel no pain. My body is made of steel.”

“You will defeat the enemy and win the game.”

“I will defeat the enemy and win the game.”

Edwin made his way to the rear of the room. He ran his hand through Celeste’s long, wavy hair. “You are a solider and will obey without question.”

Her hazel eyes stared into nothingness. “I am a solider and will obey without question,” she said.

To be continued…