The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Human Pet

Chapter 2

“What do you mean she was made into a pet?!”

Dr. Jenners pulled up a 3D hologram of Jessica’s brain. Several areas were highlighted in red.

“This is not how a pet human’s brain should look. This is a normal human brain which has been altered. As you can see here and here, these are areas which have been damaged. Her memories starting from about two years ago have been obliterated. The precision of the damage indicates that it was done intentionally.”

He zoomed into the hologram.

“The neurons which held those memories are completely gone. Her brain’s langauge centers, those have been damaged. There are several areas of the frontal lobe which are also damaged.”

“Can the damage be repaired?”

“Yes and no. The physical damage can be undone with replacement neurons, but whatever configuration they were in has been lost forever. I can tell you that there is a damaged area of her brain that is causing the seizures. That can be easily repaired.”

“So you can fix the seizures, but her memories are gone forever?”

“Correct. With replacement neurons, she could in time relearn normal human abilities, but whoever altered her brain erased whatever kind of person she used to be.”

Molly had spent hours fitting together the memory fragments. It was hard work and required a good chunk of her processing power. But she was making progress, however slow it might be.

The memory of Jessica’s face had a background that consisted of a plain wall and a door. However the background cut off abruptly, replaced with another background. The other background was the same plain wall. There was a rectangular border between the two backgrounds. The border was maybe an inch or so wide. Okay there was a border, so that border had to have a color. Was the color light or dark? It was a light color. Was it a light shade of one of the three primary colors? No, there was no chroma data. The border could only be white or light grey. The border was white with light grey around the edges that suggested some kind of beveling. Jessica’s face was contained within a white/grey rectangular border. What in a building would resemble this? Was it a portrait? Going back to the face, was there movement? Yes! Slight movement of the mouth. That ruled out a portrait or picture.

She was looking at herself in a mirror.

Molly had started reaching for one of her knick knacks to play with. When she realized that the memory was of Jessica looking at herself in a mirror, she momentarily forgot about her arm moving and accidentally knocked it over. The knick knack wasn’t important anymore. She had a memory inside her which belonged to an organic human. That was impossible! A deep memory scan showed that the memory data did not fit in any other way that made sense. It had to be a memory from Jessica.

“For now, lets repair the damage that’s causing the seizures. I don’t want to go remodeling her brain until I know why the damage was done in the first place.”

That was reason enough for Zerok, but another reason was that were she to regain her intelligence, she might no longer be classified as a pet, which would cause him all kinds of legal headaches.

“Very well. She will need to stay here overnight.” Dr. Jenners replied.

Zerok had quite the mystery on his hands now. Jessica’s mysteriousness and quirks turned out to be only the tip of what had to be a very large iceberg. He began to tackle the mystery using logical deduction. She had once been a normal human. That meant she had to have been born and raised in one of the reservations, or one of the post war cities they had built out west. This also meant that she didn’t have the genetic enhancements of human pets, particularly the anti aging skin.

Human pets looked young until the day they died thanks to a genetic trait which kept their skin young and healthy. Jessica wouldn’t have this gene and without it, based on her appearance she couldn’t be older then about 25. That narrowed down the time she was born, but as to where she was born... Well he could rule out reservations that didn’t exist 25 years ago. He could likely rule out nomadic groups since Jessica wasn’t irradiated and didn’t have the diseases that were common among the nomads.

Finding out where she was born was a long shot at best. Better to focus on how she ended up a pet. Inorganic humans don’t turn normal humans into pets. There was no logic in doing so. Sure the first human pets were normal humans who were converted, but that was way before Jessica’s time. Genetic engineering had done away with conversion a good 8 decades ago.

So in all likelyhood, she had been converted by other humans. Why they would do such a thing was unknown, but human irrationality made this a likely scenario. The complete and total memory erasure was certainly a clue. The only reason Zerok could think of was that she knew something that someone didn’t want her to know. It had to be something important. Such total irreversable memory erasure was painstakingly hard to do, and one would do it only if the knowledge was very dangerous, but the person needed to be kept alive.

He received a message, from Molly of all people!

“Hey Zerok, can we meet up? We need to talk. We REALLY need to talk!”

And so they met again at the park. She hurredly walked over to him.

“Okay, this is gonna seem a bit weird, but your pet Jessica, you got her from a shelter?”

“Yes, I told you that when you contacted me online.”

“Do you know anything else about where she came from?”

“Why do you ask?”

“I have a memory which I think belongs to her.”

“Really? Show me.”

She sent him the pieced together memory. He reviewed it, then reviewed it in greater detail. It was a short memory, no more then a few seconds, but there was no mistaking that face.

“Oh yeah that’s her. There’s no mistaking that little frown. She gives me that same frown when she doesn’t want to do something, but will do it to please me. Where did you get this memory?”

“This is where it gets weird. It’s existed in my memories since I was born. It was fragmented data, but I recognized her face when I saw her.”

A thoughtful expression crossed Zerok’s face. “And so the mystery deepens...”

“You know something.”

“Maybe. What I know is Jessica’s at the hospital right now undergoing treatment for seizures caused by brain damage. The doctor informed me that she was converted into a pet.”

“Converted? She used to be a normal human?”

Zerok nodded.

There was a lot to this puzzle they didn’t know yet. Jessica’s memories had been painstakingly wiped, yet somehow data from those memories had gotten into Molly’s memory storage. Who would go through the trouble of figuring out a way to digitize her memories, and why would they destroy the source? And if they were so intent on destroying the source, why not just kill Jessica? Why wipe her mind and dump her in an inorganic city?

“They had to keep her alive for some purpose. And that purpose had to be very important or they wouldn’t have bothered.”

“But are we dealing with inorganic or organic humans?” Molly asked.

“My guess is both. Organics wouldn’t have the technology to digitize memories. Inorganics could create such technology, but as far as I’m aware of there is no reason to do so.”

“The technology was obviously created, so perhaps we should try and find out why someone would want to digitize organic memories. I’ll go back to my place and do some research.”

Zerok sensed another opportunity.

“Hey wait. You know I fought in the war. Being a war vet, my network access has a few perks, data that’s not viewable to just anyone. Perhaps it would be fruitful for us both to search with my access link.”

There was a question hidden within this offer and Molly knew it. He wanted to have sex with her and was offering his network access as compensation. The question was would she accept it?

Sure, why not? If his network access turned up some useful data it would be worth it.

“Yeah, okay.” No point in her saying more then that. They both knew what the other meant so there was no point in talking about it.

“So this is your place?”

Zerok’s apartment was rather plain and utilitarian. To Molly it looked boring. The look partly stemmed from his days as a combat unit when personal posessions were a luxury. However Jessica’s room stood in stark contrast to the rest of the apartment with its colorful wallpaper, furniture and toys just for her. A couple of those toys were quite expensive, which could have explained why the rest of the apartment was so bare.

“Wow, you really provide for her.”

“Yeah, well she deserves it if my assumptions about her past are correct.”

“Yeah. Well lets see what we can find using your network access.”

“You know what I want first.”

“Not exactly a subtle person, are you Zerok?”

“Well, no. I tend to avoid these situations, but well you’re here now so might as well.”

“Yeah, might as well.”

She could have said no. She could have walked away. His network access wasn’t all that special, and she had her own research methods. But, well she liked sex. It didn’t really matter with whom, she just really liked sex. She liked the sensation of the connection, the stimulation of her pleasure centers, and she liked the sharing of data that happened during it. All inorganic humans had data that was considered public, which was copied and shared during sex.

Unknown to her, Zerok had a few more data search capabilities. They were benefits of the combat unit package. As soon as they were connected he saw it all, and more. There was her personality, her concerns for human welfare, her real motivation for dating him, her efforts at sorting through the memory fragments. However beyond that was this huge block of encrypted data that Molly wasn’t aware of. It was right behind the memory fragments. There was a high probability that it was related to them.

He decided to create a quick video and put it in his public access area. She picked up on the video immediately. It was of an old cartoon hillbilly stereotype.

“Well shut my mouth and call me Easter, you got a huge block of encrypted data in your pretty lil head, Molly!”

“What?!” She immediately terminated the connection.

“Yep, it’s right there in the very back of your memory storage, a huge block, Petabytes in size, probably bigger.”

She searched, and sure enough what she always thought had been a void of nothing, had a data pattern. It wasn’t just random noise data, it was actually encrypted data that looked like random noise to a casual observer.

“How did you—? Oh yeah, you combat units can read minds.”

“Yeah, lets leave it at that.”

The silence that followed was awkward. He knew her real motives. He knew everything about her now. They needed to talk about something else, anything to avoid discussion about her intentions.

“Okay so there’s hidden encrypted data in my head. Could it be more of her memories?”

“There is a high probability of that.”

“Can you decrypt it?”

“If we find out the decryption key, you can decrypt it. The problem is where do we find the decryption key?”

“The memory fragments aren’t encrypted. Maybe I should piece the rest of them together. They might provide a clue.” she replied.

Zerok nodded. Then they both fell into awkward silence for a few moments.

“Well, see you tomorrow.”

Molly got out of there in a hurry. She focused on piecing together the memory fragments and trying to forget about how awkward she felt.

The following morning, Jessica was back home safe and sound. The neural repair had gone smoothly, and boy was she glad to be back with Zerok. She wouldn’t leave his side.

Dr Jenners had uncovered a few interesting bits of information, including the source of her fear towards inorganic humans. There was a partial memory that dated anywhere from three to five years ago. He had detected in a deep brain scan. The erasure process hadn’t managed to completely get rid of it. It was a memory of fear towards inorganic humans. The people and events attached to the memory had been erased, but the strong fear remained.

Something else that took Zerok by surprise was that in spite of her brain damage, she was apparently aware that her fear of all strangers was unfounded, and that Zerok was trying to help her. But the emotional resonance of that memory overrode her logic. That did explain why she was being so affectionate towards him now, when he had expected her to be angry at being left alone in the clinic with unfamiliar people.

“Hey Jessica, Molly will be here in a few minutes. We’re trying to find out where you came from and how you ended up this way. I know you’re afraid of new people, but you know that fear is not rational.”

She gave him the saddest look he had ever seen. She really didn’t want Molly there. She just wanted to be alone with him. She closed her eyes and sighed.

When Molly arrived, Jessica retreated to her room and burrowed under her blankets.

“So what did you find out from Dr. Jenners?”

“She has a memory of fear of inorganic people, yet she’s apparently aware that being afraid of all strangers is not rational. The area causing the seizures was repaired. What about you? Did you piece together any new memories?”

“Yeah, but most of them aren’t useful. Just memories of walls, and a tiled floor. However I have one memory of the night sky overlooking a desert.”

“That could be useful. Send it to me.”

He received the memory and immediately started cross referencing the vegitation, the large rock, and the alignment of the stars.

“It’s the Sonoran Desert, isn’t it?” Molly asked.

“That’s what I’m thinking.”

He scanned the image deeper. There was a sign, an old road sign. It was half buried and damaged by sand erosion, but the information was still readable under the moonlight. It was a faded blue shield with red at the top. The blue area had a large number, 10. The lettering on the red part was too blurred to be readable, but a search of historical symbols showed him that it was an old U.S. Interstate sign. Centuries ago there had been a road there.

He began cross referencing road maps from when there was still an actively maintained road system in the USA.

“Well Molly the good news is we can narrow down where to look. The bad news is it’s going to be a strip of about 500 miles of desert.”

“There are a few small human enclaves out there.”

“Then we should start there.”

“What about Jessica?”

“She’s gonna have to come with us. There’s nobody I can leave her with.”