The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Human Pet

Chapter 3

The road trip began in a rented hover van. The van differed from its city counterparts in that it was heavily armored. Flight over the area was prohibited due to the crude surface to air missiles constructed by the humans. Armored vehicles were the only safe way to travel through the wasteland of the former Southwestern U.S.

And safety wasn’t guaranteed.

Having been spared irradation in the last nuclear war, this area had become home to many of the war’s survivors. Hostility towards inorganics ran high. How quickly humans tended to forget inconveinent facts, like who had started the war.

Bringing along Jessica added extra weight in the form of food and water, but the van was managing the terrain just fine. While she avoided looking at Molly, her fear had been mostly replaced by awe as she looked at the landscape through the inch thick window. She was fascinated by all of it. Zerok figured that this was all new to her.

“How do you think the people in the camps and cities will react to us?” Molly asked.

“They’re going to be hostile and as soon as they show aggression I’m going to have to cow them into submission.”

“You’re not going to hurt them are you?”

“Not unless they make it necessary.”

“They’re fragile creatures Zerok!”

“Fragile creatures that know how to build things to compensate for their fragility. They initially built us. Don’t think that just because you’re built from high strength composites, it means you’re safe.”

He sent her a memory of a tank crushing several inorganics.

“The war’s over Zerok. It’s been over for almost a century and a half.”

“That doesn’t mean these guys aren’t looking to start a new one.”

They pulled up to the outskirts of a small cobbled together town. Its buildings were made from bits and pieces hauled there from the ruined cities.

“Jessica, stay here in the van. It’s safe in here.”

Jessica curled up on one of the bench seats and sighed. The look on her face said it all. She didn’t want to be left alone, but the other options were even less appealing to her.

The town was quiet. Nobody was out on the street. One might have thought the place was abandoned, but Zerok and Molly could see the heat signatures. They were hiding, waiting to see what these two inorganic strangers wanted.

“Hey! We know you’re here! We can see you hiding in the buildings. Hey we’re not looking to start trouble we just want some information.”

Nobody moved. Zerok headed for the nearest building where he sensed two people hiding. He went inside and there was a surprised yelp when he located a man and a woman.

“Hey, hey calm down you two. If we were here to cause trouble this place would be flattened by now. You know that, so calm down.”

“What do you want?”

Using a pocket projector, Zerok projected a hologram of Jessica’s face onto one of the makeshift tables.

“We’re trying to locate information on this woman. She’s in her mid twenties and she has memories of being in this general area.”

“Nope, haven’t seen her before.”

His facial expression, timing of response, and tone of voice indicated he was telling the truth.

“I believe you. Might you know someone that could help us?”

“No. We’re an isolated town. We don’t bother nobody, they don’t bother us. You’ll have better luck west of here.”

After querying several people and getting similar answers, they went back to the van.

“There’s a bigger city about 40 miles to the west. Barter city where merchants appropriately barter for items. Worth checking out.”

Using GPS coordinates with an overlay of a 22nd century map of the USA, they made their way to where I-10 had been. What had once been a U.S. Interstate was now just a path worn into the desert floor, with the occasional rusted sign sticking up out of the ground. None of the signs they passed matched the one in the memory. The road was obviously still in use. Satellite data showed that they’d reach Barter city by following it. As they drove, a makeshift dune buggy like vehicle pulled up alongside them. Its operator realized they were inorganics and sped off into the desert.

Jessica went back to looking out the window. Molly turned her attention to her.

“What do you think girl? Does anything look familiar?”

Of course the answer would have been no, but the question did serve its intended purpose. Jessica did acknowledge her for just a moment.

Molly slowly walked over to Jessica, who had nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. She cringed as Molly sat down and her hand reached out. She lightly stroked Jessica’s face.

“There there now. See I’m not gonna hurt you. Aw, you’re shaking. I know, I know you don’t trust me. But see we’re sitting here right now and you’re just fine.”

Jessica gradually stopped shaking as Molly petted her. That was progress. Molly had a knack for talking to human pets. They picked up on the soothing tone in her voice. It was human instinct to calm down while listening to that kind of voice.

“Here, you must be thirsty by now. Here you go.”

Molly handed Jessica a juice pouch. She timidly grabbed it, bit off the sealed end of the integrated straw and took a small sip. She offered Molly the tiniest of smiles and took a long drink.

“Even though she’s afraid, she’s still very docile.”

“Yeah, she’s not the fighting type. She doesn’t want much out of life far as I’m aware. She just wants her food, a safe place to sleep and someone she can trust.” Zerok replied.

“I wonder what she was like before?”

“If luck is on our side, the answer lies inside your own head.”

“Well, I guess you know this but I’ve worked with human pets before. Even without the memories, Jessica would have caught my eye. Whatever her story is, it deserves to be told.”

Barter city was huge for an organic city. There were no skyscrapers, but the structures encompassed an area of a good 10 miles. Some of them looked well built. Actual paved roads criss crossed the area.

They were up on a ridge overlooking the city. Zerok was scanning for weapons and military personnel.

“Nothing too dangerous from what I see. Some of them are armed with small firearms, no threat to us. The technology level seems a bit more sophisticated then the last town. They have electricity and vehicles.”

“How do we play this?”

“Good question. I could go in alone, but one of me verses what appear to be thousands of them. I don’t like that. We could both go, but we’d be gone for awhile with no one to tend to Jessica, and we can’t take her with us.”

Molly looked at her, then looked back at him and frowned.

“Would she be all right if we just, you know, put her to sleep and woke her up when we get back?”

“Yes, as long as we get back in time to wake her up so she can pee.” Zerok replied.

“Okay, you do it. I don’t think she’ll trust me putting a chip into her head.”

Zerok walked over to Jessica and sat down next to her.

“You know what we’re about to do, right?”

She looked at him and grunted. Oh yeah, she knew.

“We’ll be back as soon as we can. You’ll just go to sleep and when you wake up, we’ll be back.”

She started whimpering.

“We’ll be fine. If there’s any trouble we’ll come right back and get out of here. Nobody’s gonna be able to get into this van while we’re away. You’ll be fine.”

He held her head and grabbed the sleeping chip. Brushing her hair aside, he inserted it into the port. Jessica almost immediately started yawning. Looking resigned to it, she laid down on the pillow they had brought for her. Not even 30 seconds later, she was asleep.

Something didn’t feel right as they approached the city. Both Zerok and Molly picked up on it right away. People stared at them. They gave them a wide berth, but they didn’t run off. They didn’t hide.

A message from Zerok appeared in Molly’s field of view.

“These people have interacted with inorganics recently. They’re scared of us, but not all that scared.”

She sent him a reply. “Yeah, something’s funny about this.”

Funny or not, they needed to inquire, and there were lots of people to ask.

“We need to narrow down where to look or we’ll be here all day.” Molly said.

“Yep, and I think I know where to start.”

Zerok had spotted a man. Just an ordinary looking man, except his body temperature was several degrees above normal. Were he just a regular man, he’d be running a fever so badly that he probably wouldn’t be able to stand. An analysis of his walk cycle confirmed it. It was too regular to be human.

Zerok approached him, and sent him a message.

“You’re an inorganic.”

“Not here, back of the building.” came the man’s reply.

They followed him around to the back of the building, Zerok scanning for any weapons or booby traps.

“Okay, what’s your business here?”

“Apart from wondering why you’re here, we’re looking for information on this woman.”

He sent her a picture of Jessica.

“Huh, cute pet. Can’t say I’ve seen her before.”

“Fair enough. You can extrapolate why we’re here now, so do you mind if I ask what you’re doing here?”

“I’m an undercover unit. This is one of the largest human cities in this area, and units such as myself monitor the day to day activities.”

“Have there been visits by other less human looking inorganics? The people here seem a bit more used to how we look.”

“Yes. A group of them recently passed through here on the way to the west coast. They probably think you’re part of that group. This city gets passers by fairly often.”

“Ah, thank you. We’ll be on our way now.”

Zerok messaged Molly as they walked away.

“He’s lying at least partly. There is a secret west coast military establishment, but it’s too far north for someone to take a route through here. They wouldn’t pass through this city anyway. Why attract attention? Something’s going on here.”

“I once read about an inorganic/organic integration project. Both species coexisting like they used to. Could it be something like that?”

“It’s not impossible, but past efforts at that were quickly scrapped, and as far as I know there have been no new attempts. It could explain the sophistication of this city though.”

They needed to find some organic people to talk to. Most humans couldn’t lie like an inorganic could. Zerok looked around and spotted a man in a suit. As he approached, he expected this man to run. The man stayed where he was, unsure of what to do.

“Who are you?”

“We might ask the same question.” Zerok replied.

“Nobody.”

“Nobodies don’t wear suits.”

“Fine. You want my life story? Fine. I’m just a guy who came here to try and make a living. I run a small company selling water purification systems, and the suit is to make me look important so others will take me seriously.”

Zerok smiled at him. “I believe you.”

The man started to turn away.

“Wait, just one question. Do you know about pet humans?”

“Everybody knows about pet humans. You guys grow em as companions.”

“Right. Have you seen this girl before?”

The man looked at the hologram and shook his head.

Similar answers came from everybody Zerok talked to, and they all seemed to be telling the truth. It started to seem like they were at a dead end. However they had searched only a tiny portion of this city and had seen enough to know that it had its own story to tell.

And nobody was eager to share it. Inquiries about the city and other inorganics were met with vague answers.

“I think this city’s a classified project of some sort.” Molly said.

“I dunno, it doesn’t have that feel. That undercover guy is the only inorganic we’ve seen, and if this was an integration project, his body wouldn’t be styled to mimic a human’s.” Zerok replied.

“Hm, it’s been a couple hours, shouldn’t we go check on Jessica?”

“Yeah, but first lets stop in this little shop. I brought a bit of what should pass for money here. Maybe we can get her a little treat.”

“Aww, yeah lets see what we can find for her.”

The shop was set up with both food and other inedible items for sale. One employee, a young blonde woman stood behind the counter. She smiled at Zerok and Molly as they entered, but didn’t say anything.

“What do you think she’d like?” Molly asked.

“Well, she likes sweet things, she likes soft things. She likes bright colors, yellows, blues, greens.”

“What about one of those stuffed toys behind the counter? They’re soft and colorful.”

“That’ll do. It might be interesting. I’ve never given her one of those before.”

They walked over to the counter.

“Well hello strangers. Is there something I can help you with?”

“Yes, we’d like one of those stuffed animals, the one that looks like a blue mouse.” Zerok replied.

She turned around. As she bent over to get the item, her hair parted around her neck and he saw it, clear as day.

She handed him the animal. He handed her a gold coin.

“Will that be suitable compensation?”

“Uh, yeah. Hold on I gotta look this up so I can make change.”

“Just keep the change. In return, you can tell me if you’ve seen this girl.”

He showed her the hologram of Jessica’s face.

“Sorry, I haven’t seen her before. I hope you find her!”

Zerok immediately left the store with the stuffed mouse. He was walking faster then normal.

“That was a bit rude you know. You just ran out of there!” Molly said when she caught up to him.

A message from him appeared in her visual field.

“Didn’t you notice her neck when she was looking down? She has a DBC port!”