The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hyperspace

by Colo Hypno

We were three days out in hyperspace from Tau Ceti when the Gnome came.

Hyperspace is funny that way; outside of the regular universe, the difference between internal and external perceptions is blurred. Dreams become real, reality is dreamlike, and time is only vaguely linear. Of course, none of that can be proven; when the ships pop back out at their destination, everything is normal, and you forget what it was like. But the next time, you remember to expect everything.

So it really was a gnome that showed up, although whether we were “three days out” is a matter of opinion.

The Gnome made it’s presence known gradually; we heard shrill cackling and wheezing noises throughout the ship, even through the airtight walls. Raven and I stalked the corridors together, blasters ready, knowing that whether the noise we were hearing was a dream or not, it had to be dealt with. I had seen people go crazy, I had seen engines damaged by “dream images”—and there would always be rational explanations to be found when the ship returned to normal space, but at the time—well, they have to be dealt with. Raven had only been in hyperspace once before. He was frightened, and made no secret about it.

At first the sounds were unfocussed, ubiquitous. But as they increased in volume over time, they localized themselves in an unused cabin near the cargo hold. I could feel it’s presense back there as clearly as I could hear it.

We walked slowly to the cabin, Raven in front, me following. The door was ajar, and a faint light was visible inside. Raven pushed the door open with his blaster, and edged inside. I held mine ready.

“No.” Raven said. He stood rooted to the floor, moaning, staring at something in the room beyond him I couldn’t see. Slowly his arms started moving, twisting the blaster around, towards his head.

“Stop it!” I said, grabbing him by the waist and pulling him back into the corridor. I wrestled the blaster from him as he passed out.

* * *

“It was ugly”, he told me later, propped up in his bed. “Like a fat little green warty man, with these glowing yellow eyes. I... I couldn’t take my eyes off the eyes. I could tell it wanted me to scare you, to point the blaster at my head. I don’t think it wanted to kill me. But I couldn’t stop anyway. It was exciting doing what the eyes told me; my stomach was knotted up like the first time I ever ditched school or jumped off a diving board, and nothing else mattered. It was weird.”

“I don’t know how we can get rid of it”, I answered. “Obviously we can’t get too close to it. But the noise hasn’t got any louder since we confronted it. Maybe if we just stay away from the back cabin for the rest of the trip it won’t bother us anymore. If you say it was trying to frighten me, maybe it wants to be left alone.”

“I don’t get what it is, Randy. You say these things are dreams, but how come we can both see it?", Raven asked.

“I can’t explain it; I think they’re like dreams because they only influence us during the trip, and are only vague memories later. And I seem to remember noticing that they relate to previous dreams and thoughts and desires of the crew. But how it works? I’m not a physicist, and even if I were, it’s their job to study what goes on outside the human mind and inside the universe. The things we’re talking about don’t fall into either category.”

By the next day, the noises from the back cabin had begun increasing again, and I could feel a kind of pull towards the cabin; a knotty feeling in the stomach like Raven described, but overlaid with horror, not Raven’s excitement.

Raven wanted to try again to kill the Gnome. I said “no” and ordered him not to go near it. But when I went to start making dinner that night, Raven was nowhere to be found.

I got my blaster and headed down the corridor. I don’t know what I thought I could do, but the thought of him being in the room with that thing turned my stomach.

I called to him from outside the room. “Raven, are you in there? Come out!".

“Randy? Come on in, it’s fine!", Raven replied, in a soft, high-pitched voice. Very eerie.

“I’m not buying it. You’re under that thing’s influence. What does it want?”

“Come on in! It’s asleep or something. There’s nothing to worry about. Just take a quick look!", Raven said, again in his weird voice.

“All right, Raven, you’re going to have to come out eventually to eat, and I’m sure as hell not going in there.”

I walked back down the hall, shaking. Raven hadn’t lasted a second looking at the Gnome, and I couldn’t think of any way to rescue him, without looking myself. I could close my eyes, but that would put me at a disadvantage to Raven and the Gnome.

So I went back to the kitchen and had hardly started eating when Raven came in the room. He strolled slowly in, arms hanging limply at his sides and not swinging as he walked, and he sat himself down lightly in the other chair. He grinned and tilted his head at me. “You’re really freaked out about nothing, Randy.”

“That thing is controlling you, Raven. Don’t you see how weird you’re acting?”

“It’s really beautiful. It’s yellow eyes are like twin suns, and I could just bask in their glow forever. How can I explain it to you? When you’re turned on by something, your dick gets hard whether you want it to or not, right? You see someone naked, and a part of your body responds, against your will, and it feels beautiful and leads to pleasure. That’s all that’s happening here, Randy. The Gnome is just a dream, you said that yourself. It’s a wet dream and a really good one, too. Come on back and get a better look!” Raven continued smiling at me, head at exactly the same angle. He hadn’t moved an inch through his whole speech.

“Raven!", I said, shaking him. “We have a job to do! I can’t run this ship by myself. Save your erotic fantasies for when we get to Barnard.”

Raven sat up abruptly and walked mechanically out of the room without saying another word. I locked my cabin door when I went to sleep that night.

The next morning I was feeling extremely frustrated, trying to do Raven’s navigational checks, while the Gnome was laughing as loud as ever. When Raven walked into the bridge, dressed only in a pair of briefs, with his long hair hanging over his shoulders and smelling of perfume, I lost it.

“What the hell are you doing? If you think you’re getting paid for this job you’re crazy. Put some clothes on and get to work!", I shouted.

Raven smiled, and said “Randy, I was thinking. If it’s true that what these dreams do don’t really affect the outcome of the voyage, then it really doesn’t matter how we deal with the Gnome, or for that matter whether we fuss with navigation, or the engines, or anything else. That’s all just stuff for your mind to keep busy, isn’t it? If the Gnome influences me to neglect my duties, maybe the engines will blow up or we’ll go off course. But when we arrive, everything will be fine. Maybe there’s nothing more to any of this than a dream.”

“Raven, that’s just not true in my experience, and I don’t want to discuss it anymore. I’m ordering you to get back to work. I don’t know how to shake that thing’s influence off you, but it seems to me that you ought to be able to shake it yourself if you try hard enough.”

Randy sighed. I could almost hear a click as he shifted tactics, straightening his head vertically and replacing the fixed smile with a frown. “I’ve been studying the Gnome and I found something that might be helpful”, he said. “Take a look at this.” He reached in his back pocket and pulled out a square of paper. He turned it around, and on the front it was black with two small yellow circles.

Immediately my stomach knotted, and the Gnome’s chanting swirled around my head. I tried to look away, but I couldn’t. Raven had me.

“Look at the Gnomes eyes, Randy. You can feel your body responding. He wants you to go to him.” The eyes. I couldn’t think of anything else. I stepped forward, one step, two steps. But the eyes receded. In the back of my mind I was aware that Raven had stepped backwards. I stepped forward again, he stepped back.

We continued that way, through the bridge door, down the corridor. I followed Raven zombie-like down the corridor, my eyes fixed on the photo like a child watching a butterfly. Finally we reached the door of the Gnome’s cabin. Raven walked backwards, in front of me. I stepped into the darkness. Randy stepped aside, and I saw for the first time the eyes of the Gnome in real life.

“I’ve brought him to you, like you asked”, Raven chanted to the Gnome. I didn’t hear any response, but I felt the Gnome was pleased, and I felt my body responding.

The Gnome was pure pleasure; I gazed into the yellow light and felt like my whole body was a dick, swelling with pride. I could feel Raven’s hands on my back as I swayed; he had stepped behind me, and was lifting off my shirt, unbuttoning my pants. I could feel my own hands reaching around for Raven; his pants were gone, and I took his cock in my hands and guided it between my legs as he kissed my neck and rubbed my dick with both hands; all the time, both of us staring unblinking at the yellow light.

* * *

When we arrived in dock at Barnard’s star, I took Raven out to a Japanese restaurant I knew there. Over very expensive sushi flown all the way from Earth I worked up the courage to tell Raven what little I remembered from hyperspace, and that I realized I had strong feelings for him I’d kept bottled up for a very long time. He smiled at me, leaned forward, and kissed me. It tasted of wasabi.