The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hypnotic Snippets 03 — Hypnotic Guile

Inspired by: https://hypnoteen.deviantart.com/art/Hypnotic-guile-598370577

You know how it is when you’re finding your way around a new area and something that you are sure that you recognise turns out to be wrong? Now I would have sworn that this alley would lead me to the high street, but after doubling back on itself a couple of times and going through a couple of odd junctions that I hadn’t anticipated, it was fairly hopeless.

I’d come out by some car park which I think was associated with the local college... Maybe? It was hard to tell coming at it from an odd angle like this; no one seemed to have considered that someone might come out of this alley without knowing precisely where they were, and there were no signs nearby at all.

I tried to check my phone, to see if I could find anything useful on there; sometimes it comes up trumps and others it’s a bit lax. This time the signal was abysmal and it seemed to think that I was out on the main road rather than at the back end of the car park.

“Hey, something wrong?”

I turned to look at the source of this enquiry. He was a bit shorter than me, with dark brown hair that curled up at the front. He wore a black jacket with red highlights, open so that the white t-shirt was visible underneath it. He treated me to friendly smile as he approached where I had been pensively cursing under my breath.

“Just a bit lost, that’s all,” I assured him. “Apparently I’m standing on the main road.”

“Oh, yeah,” he said with a smile. “The carpark is a new development and a lot of online maps and GPS haven’t been updated with the new layout yet. It catches a couple of dozen people a week out.” He stepped closer, looking at the map on my phone intently. “Uh, it doesn’t help that you’ve got it the wrong way up...”

I looked at the map, confused. I was sure that I had managed to get it aligned properly. He seemed certain though. “You’re sure.”

“Oh yeah, the roads around here are a mess,” he assured me. “I find it best to carry this,” he added, reaching into an inside pocket of his jacket and pulling out what I first took to be a pocket watch on a gold chain. When he held it up though I saw that it was actually a compass; a very basic one, but made to look like it was cased in gold.

“You navigate using that?” I asked dubiously.

“Sure,” he replied. “River is central to the town vertically, racetrack is always central to the town horizontally... Find those and you’ve got solid landmarks.” He held the compass up a bit higher, so that I could see it and meet his gaze at the same time. “It’s a simple thing, but sometimes it’s the simplest things that will work best. I mean, take a look at it.”

I did look at it; now that it was hanging so obviously I could see it clearly. It was just slightly disconcerting that it was hanging right next to his eyes, and that it kept shifting, very slightly, in the faint breeze.

“It’s actually quite a special one,” he said, his voice suddenly softer, quieter. “There’s some interesting detail on it, if you look at it closely. Some people find it hard to see until they relax properly; it’s funny how something really obvious can be so hard to notice until you let yourself relax fully and just take in what is in front of you.”

I nodded slowly, wondering where he was going here. There didn’t seem to be any detail on the compass; it was quite plain, although it was hard to see clearly with the light reflecting off it.

“When people look at it, and relax, they can find themselves discovering things that they weren’t expecting,” he continued, speaking softly, slowly. His voice had almost faded to a background as I watched the compass, trying to see the detail that he was talking about.

“By the time you’ve started to relax... Just a bit more, you’ll find it so easy to focus on the compass. You might have already started to relax to the point where your eyes are having trouble focusing.”

He was right; the compass before me was going blurry around the edges, and I tried to pull myself back.

“And it’s fine that you’re relaxing so thoroughly and totally,” he continued, curtailing my efforts. “The more you relax the more you realise that you don’t need to see the compass in order for it to tell you where to go... The more you relax the easier it is to simply focus on my voice... Let me tell you what the compass is telling you to do... You need a compass to tell you where to go... What to do... As your eyes shut now, relaxing deeper and more completely...”

My body felt so heavy as I relaxed more and more, listening as he told me what the compass was telling me to do... My eyes shut and my arms slipped down to my side as I continued to ease downwards more and more.

“And as you continue to focus on my voice, knowing that you are following the compass with every word that I say... I’m wondering if you just need a moment more to go so deeply relaxed that you can simply follow my voice... Or whether you are already there, now... The compass... My voice... Shaping your thoughts.”

I am there now. The compass... His voice... Shaping my thoughts. Defining my every thought. The compass guiding me down deeper, because I need to go deeper. I need to submit to the compass once more. I need to obey its instructions again as he tells me what it wants me to do.

I realise that the phone I’m holding belongs to him. I’ve also got his jacket on... It’s okay, because I was looking after them for him, but I need to give them back now. Now that I think about it, this watch isn’t mine either, and I’ve got some of his cash in my wallet...

I won’t remember this when I wake up. I’ll remember that he showed me the compass for a moment, but that’s all. And next week I’ll go for a walk again, and I’m going to be sure that I’ve got the directions right, but I’m going to get to this place and realise that I’m lost... And when he approaches me I won’t remember him, or the compass... And I won’t be surprised when he has a friend with him next time...

All that will matter is that when he shows me the compass I will want to listen as he tells me what it needs me to do... As I’ve done before...