The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Incursion

Chapter 6: Jessica

Jessica Draoi knew something was terribly wrong when she stepped onto the campus on Friday morning. Despite having spent much of the night before grading papers—a process that usually consisted of writing “Wikipedia is not a citable source” over and over—and only being on her first cup of coffee of the day, her magical senses were well-tuned enough to alert her to danger.

Her first step was to go back to her car, pull her backpack of “special” school supplies from the trunk, and make sure nothing was preparing to spring at her. Then, having checked for immediate dangers, she called the number listed in her phone as “Sheaf,” her network’s weird happenings go-to guy.

“I just got to campus, and something is clearly wrong. I’m guessing an incursion, but there’s always the chance it’s a haunting or some really wide-scale resonance. It’s not really my area of expertise.”

“Okay, hold one, let me have a look at the sensitive’s reports from the last day or so…yeah, there was definitely some kind of freak-out last night. If something is still there, then this says, ‘doorway’ to me, and you’re probably right that it’s an incursion.”

“How do we handle this?”

“Given that there’s no mundane news of anything wrong or anyone missing, I’m going to guess that this is small-scale. You should probably do some reconnaissance before we escalate anything, make sure we aren’t wasting anybody’s time. Just to be safe, try to stay covert and passive while you’re on the campus, just in case it’s sensitive to you.”

“Makes sense. I’ll call you in a bit.”

* * *

It was fairly clear that she was dealing with a Thing from the Outer Dark even before Jessica had reached Howard’s room. The universe was hostile to such Things, so they had to expend a great deal of energy to manifest, and generally couldn’t cross over unless welcomed. Her magical sight made its manifestation points fairly easy to pinpoint once she got close enough. The only problem was that Things tended to hide in hosts to get around this limitation, which left much less of a magical trail.

But apparently this one did a lot of manifesting in Larke Hall, so that was the obvious place to start. Several of the dorm rooms had apparently had minor manifestations in them, so she noted the names on them for later. Howard’s was the big one, though.

Jessica briefly contemplated the relative merits of running silent versus trying to come up with a mundane way to get into the room. Even magically disabling the lock would draw attention, and this Thing might be tied to the place of its summoning, even if its host didn’t seem to be here now. But scamming a key from dorm services could take hours, and in that time the host might return, or might be off doing something terrible.

She debated with herself for several minutes before trying the doorknob, which someone has left unlocked.

The room filled in the gaps to the story: This was obviously a summoning gone wrong. Someone—“Howard”, apparently—wanted to make a deal and got something that didn’t do fair exchanges. Whoever had unlocked the door apparently had made off with some of the books and notes, but what Howard had wanted was less important that what he actually got. From the smell of it, he got a sexually transmitted incursion.

She slipped out quietly and called to fill Sheaf in.

* * *

By Friday night, Jessica had assembled an array of cloaking spells to keep herself hidden from the Thing, and had managed to get the scent of its hosts, of which there were at least four. The newest (and likely weakest) had isolated itself in the language center for some reason. Confronting it was a calculated risk, but either she could take it down herself, or she could get enough useful information about its defenses to pull in a proper team.

Steve was sitting at a desk in the lab, watching porn on the computer in front of him and furiously masturbating into a ball of black ooze that covered his hand, ran up his arm, and wrapped around his neck. Oblivious at first, he snapped to attention when she approached him. His eerie black eyes stared at her.

YOU MUST WAIT YOUR TURN.

Jessica reeled—this Thing was strong—but her mental shields held.

KNEEL, AND WAIT FOR THE REST OF MASTER.

Jessica knees started to bend, very briefly, before she regained her composure. She muttered the syllables to reinforce her shields, and pulled out her knife.

“You’re impressive, little bug, but I’m feeling impatient today.”

SO BE IT.

Steve’s body rose up as the shadow stretched around him, forming tentacles of shadow large enough to support it and whip around violently. Jessica ducked as some of them swung heavily across the room, smashing over several desks.

SURRENDER TO THE MASTER. GIVE US YOUR DESIRES.

The creature’s voice pounded at her shields and nearly distracted her enough to get her caught. She rolled behind a desk, her breathing heavy. Can I actually take this thing?

With a crash, that desk was swept away.

YOU WANT TO GIVE YOURSELF.

I…want…gah! This thing was nasty. It wasn’t even trying to slip under her shields—it was just hammering them down. And it might even be working—she could feel a heat radiating from between her legs, and the idea of giving in to this Thing didn’t seem so terrible.

Attempted to shake that thought off meant that Jessica bobbed when she should have weaved, and the tentacle hit her square in the chest, slamming her to the ground. She felt the heat/cold of the shadow trying to slide under her coat and shirt, reaching toward her tender skin. Her nipples grew hard in anticipation, her skin more sensitive than ever. The Thing’s inhuman voice pounded in her head.

SURRENDER TO THE MASTER.

It would be so easy to just give in. She wanted to give up, let this thing be someone else’s problem. Enjoy herself. Forget about the consequences.

But she couldn’t. Not now.

SURRENDER.

“NO!” She screamed! Summoning her willpower, Jessica ignited a primal flame around her knife and stabbed it into the tentacle. The creature reared back in pain. Jessica did a backwards roll, flipping to her feet and brandishing the knife.

She couldn’t win this as a battle of attrition. She’d need to end it fast.

Side-stepping a tentacle assault, Jessica planted her feet, sketched a rune in the air with her knife, and spoke the High Speech. Steve’s body, shadow-shell and all, slammed against the windows of the far wall. “Let’s see if brute force can deal with this problem,” she said, mostly to herself. With another word of High Speech, Steve’s body was torn free of the shadows holding him, flying up to the ceiling and shattering the light fixtures. The shadows screamed and violently bubbled away, like a wicked witch splashed with water.

But Steve hadn’t survived the separation, and presumably the other hosts were on their way.

“Shit,” Jessica noted to no one in particular. And then she was gone.

* * *

“It actually revealed a lot in that exchange,” Jessica related to a man she knew as Tangent, later. “Hive mind, significant sentience and apparently an ability to plan, and it’s definitely feeding on emotional energy. Desire, apparently. And from tracing it around campus, it seems to be gathering its strength for some reason—as far as I can tell, it’s only inhabited half a dozen people, but my best estimate is there are twenty others it fed on.”

“And strong mental domination abilities?”

“Very strong. My shields barely held, and they were tailored to it. Though I suspect that, at least for a little while, I can adapt better than it can.”

“Could you shield someone else?”

“Probably not. Which means I’m not getting backup, am I?”

“If it can almost get through your defenses, who would actually be safe? In retrospect, sending Proto to the campus to clean up the dead body was incredibly careless of us. We’d almost have been safer letting the real police handle it--what do we think this thing could do with a mage in its thrall? The best we can do is cordon the campus so it can’t escape.”

“Fair enough. I can’t handle a direct assault by myself, though.”

“That’s all right. I have a plan to give our hungry friend a stomachache.”

* * *

Annie’s body froze up when Jessica pressed the sealing amulet into her back. Tangent’s plan didn’t seem to be having any useful effect, so she’d come up with an alternate one.

Melody stared as Jessica bound her friend with silk ribbons. “What…what are you doing? We were…well, I don’t know, really. I think we were gonna kiss some more and I really don’t know anything about lesbian sex but I probably could have gone for that because I really, really do like her, y’know? I just never realized it before. Am I dumping this on you? I probably shouldn’t. Sorry. ”

“…Yeah. This isn’t your friend any more. Right now, something else is wearing her body, and I need to try to fix that before it becomes an even bigger problem.”

“Well, okay, you probably know what you’re doing. My head feels funny. I’ve probably been studying for too long. And I kinda still want to have sex with Annie. I could call it a study break…”

Jessica carried off Annie before Melody could finish her train of thought, which was probably for the best.

* * *

“It really is a shame I didn’t let Karen build the sex dungeon down here when we were living together,” Jessica muttered, “It would have been so useful now.”

Annie lay nude, spread-eagled, tied down by her wrists and ankles, in the middle of a large triple-circle full of warding runes. The sealing amulet sat in the center of her chest. At four star-points around the circle were lit candles; at the fifth stood a thin glass cylinder.

“Now, then, let’s see if we can get this thing out of you without killing you, hmm? I suppose I’ll have to be gentle and draw it out the way it went in.”

Jessica stripped down and carefully prepared herself—warding runes inscribed on her skin, her knife strapped to her thigh, and then finally the ritual to remove the incursion. By the time she was finished, the patterns on Jessica’s hands looked like an intricate henna tattoo, but each line, swirl, dot and letter played into the intricate working she was about to enact.

Then she stepped into the circle, took a ball gag she previously prepared with a sealing rune, and strapped it onto Annie’s mouth.

Then she removed the amulet from Annie’s chest. Annie’s black eyes snapped open, and she immediately began struggling against her bonds. She looked at Jessica, but Jessica was prepared for the piercing strength of her gaze. And even if the Thing’s voice wasn’t totally based on sound, the magic of the gag would keep it in check.

Jessica set to work: Starting from the tips of Annie’s fingers, Jessica massaged up her arms with long, slow strokes, the magic of the ritual forcing the Thing from that part of her body. She worked up Annie’s arms, forcing the incursion to retreat to her core. Annie bucked and fought, but she was firmly tied and each inch that Jessica advanced was one that the Thing couldn’t use to resist.

Then, starting at the tips of her toes, Jessica worked her way up Annie’s legs, massaging her taut muscles and running her hands across Annie’s smooth skin.

Jessica then circled up and knelt above Annie’s head, and rubbed her temples, scalp, face and neck; forcing the Thing to retreat further into the core of her body. She continued downward, rubbing Annie’s shoulders, down along her sides, over her firm breasts and flat stomach.

Then Jessica took the glass cylinder and again circled, kneeling between Annie’s legs. She placed the tapered end of the cylinder against Annie’s nether lips, and holding it firmly in place with on hand, resumed massaging Annie’s waist, hips and buttocks, forcing the intrusion to one specific spot.

Despite the retreating presence of the Thing, Annie’s body was clearly aroused by the process, and Jessica was easily able to slip the glass cylinder inside her. Then, having forced the Thing exactly where she wanted it, Jessica began gently licking Annie’s clit, as she slowly slid the cylinder in and out of her pussy. Annie came quickly and easily, and with her climax the Thing was forced from her body, into the glass prison Jessica had prepared for it.

* * *

You’d think there would be an easier way to do this than a conference call, Jessica mused. At least I didn’t have to make Powerpoint slides.

“So, we already knew that killing the host leaves the parasite defenseless and likely to die from the inhospitable nature of our world. But that’s not really a preferable solution, even if we had moved fast enough before the parasite spread significantly. While I’ve been doing this analysis and you’ve been sitting on your asses, it’s fairly clear that it’s been spreading. Even if it hasn’t increased in speed significantly, there could easily be more than two dozen hosts by now.”

“That may still be acceptable losses if necessary, but go on. How did your latest trial go?”

“Well, the good news is that exorcising the parasite is relatively straightforward once you have them subdued and restrained. I could probably do it in half an hour if I streamlined the process. The bad news is that doing so leaves the host somewhere between exceptionally unmotivated and a drooling vegetable. Also, because the parasite is intelligent and appears to be becoming more so as it consumes more victims, subduing and capturing the hosts is also completely infeasible on a large scale.”

“You managed to catch one by surprise as it was about to feed. It seems unlikely we’ll be able to do that twenty-someodd times in a row,” noted Tangent. Several others murmured in agreement.

“Can the victims be restored?” interjected Sheaf.

“Attempts to make the entity ‘give back’ what it’s eaten have been universally unsuccessful. Which isn’t surprising—if you eat a hamburger, you might be able to retrieve something the next day, but it’s not going to be a hamburger anymore.”

“How much time do you think we have before the situation is completely out of our control?”

“Before we can’t keep the campus sealed anymore? I don’t know. Probably not long. Like I said, it’s getting smarter. It’s not choosing host bodies randomly. It knows it can’t disguise an infested host for long, so I think it’s commanding weak-willed people but leaving them free. It obviously is planning for something and working up to it.”

“I still think the plan needs to revolve around some sort of systemic destruction of the entity itself, so we can be certain not to miss any hosts. My plan to poison it hasn’t failed yet.”

“It hasn’t succeeded either, but I’ll see what else I can do with my captured sample.”

* * *

Sunday night came and went, and the answer to “what she could do with a captured sample” seemed to boil down to “kill it, infect someone with it, or put it on a shelf as a decoration.” The creature’s hive-mind nature was remarkably robust, able to cut off and isolate a dangerous input in a single host. Which meant Tangent’s plan was as shitty as it seemed, among other things.

With nothing better to do, Jessica returned to campus on Monday morning intent on slowing the creature down by disabling more host bodies. Both the fliers around the campus and her official email alerted her that she—and the entire student body, and all faculty—were to report to the gym for an emergency all-college meeting. This couldn’t be good.

The gym was already packed when she arrived, and she spotted several of the established hosts in the crowd. Her magical sight showed the President as clean, though that didn’t mean he wasn’t being influenced. Acting on a hunch, she turned around and walked back out, circling to the upper-level announcer’s booth that overlooked the main gym but exited to the outer corridors. If this was the Thing’s plan, she wasn’t in any position to stop it, but she could at least get and relay as much information as possible. She locked the door and took out her phone.

“Sheaf, I’m going to start recording with my phone. I need you to collect it and any other video footage you can, but make sure nothing goes out into the public. I think we just hit our tipping point. Oh, and tell Tangent that if he has anything in his back pocket, now’s the time.”

Tangent didn’t have anything, she knew. And she didn’t have anything. So she watched.

President Harold called everyone to attention and to take their seats. Security guards made sure everyone was inside, then quietly locked the doors and took up places in front of them. One of the hosts—Amy, it looked like—climbed up to the podium. The room got quiet as she tapped the microphone, but when she spoke, she didn’t need the microphone. All on its own, her voice cut through the entire room.

YOU ALL BELONG TO THE MASTER NOW. ACCEPT THE MASTER.

Several dozen young men and women stood up from their seats, taking off hats, hoods and sunglasses as they did so. They spoke in unison with Amy.

GIVE YOURSELVES TO THE MASTER. BECOME PART OF THE MASTER.

Jessica’s teeth rattled and her skin grew goosebumps. This was what the Thing had been saving its strength for, and it was impressive strength. It was all she could do not to go to it.

In the gym, the several thousand people without magical shielding were stunned and dazed by the mental assault. The hosts standing in the crowd began manifesting limbs and tendrils of black ooze, their skin rolling with inky arcane symbols and their mouths chanting an unearthly drone.

SUBMIT.

SUBMIT.

SUBMIT.

Those unlucky enough to be seated near a host were taken first, their clothes roughly torn off or slashed apart by obsidian claws, their bodies obscenely groped by the Thing’s tentacles. The incursion’s power devoured their minds, and they cried out in pleasure as their mouths, pussies and assholes were violated by the creature, as it spread itself into them.

The second wave was more split: The weaker-willed among them fought their way to the hosts, grasping at tentacles and tender flesh, begging that they be next, that the Master take them and make their bodies His to use. Desperate mouths made their way to the hosts, licking and sucking at every inch of exposed flesh to try to claim the Master’s essence for themselves.

The stronger-willed members of the crowd regained enough of their sense to try to flee, but there was no escape. Security guards, obviously hypnotized into the Thing’s service, threw back anyone who approached the doors and tasered people who tried to attack them. The corruption of the second wave seemed to last for hours, as panicked students tried to find someplace to hide or some way to escape and the infestation of their peers continued.

Then finally, the newly-converted students began to break off from the clusters around the original hosts. Jet black eyes blank, they seeked out their friends, classmates, and lovers hiding and cowering around the gym. They spoke in the Thing’s voice, commanding the shattered students to SUBMIT. Some broke, and flew willingly into the arms of their corrupted fellows. Some had to be taken by force, held down as shadow-coated hands found their most intimate places and violated them. But eventually, everyone in the gym was converted to the Master’s service.

Everyone, that is, except Jessica. After the initial assault, she was able to re-establish her shields and simply watch the proceedings in grim fascination. She hid for as long as she could, then jumped out a fire escape window when the newly-infected security guards went to unlock the gym doors.

* * *

“…I saw the video.”

“Yeah, I’ll bet you did. We’re fucked, now. It’s probably shattering the wards around the campus as we speak.”

“And my plan didn’t work.”

“I could have told you your dumbass ‘poisoned halfling’ plan wasn’t going to work. This thing munches its way through a college campus and you think it’s going to choke on a depressive?”

“At the time, our only other option was killing a dozen people, which was never really a choice. Our options are limited by the Pax Arcana, as they always are. You know that as well as I do.”

“Well, I hope you’ve got something else up your severely-limited sleeve, because I’ve run out of avenues I can pursue. At this point, beyond just the simple moral reasons we can’t wipe out an entire college and the surrounding township without drawing far too much attention—and finding weapons of mass destruction to do it with. Exorcism is completely infeasible on this large a scale, and even if it was, we’d have a college full of brain-damaged students to explain. I can’t come up with anything that doesn’t result in massive collateral damage.”

“I realized that as well, which is why I’ve contacted some people of note and negotiated for a solution that will resolve the problem without violating the Pax…well, the letter of it, anyway.”

“Which is?”

“We create a minor temporal fold, sending your memories of the past few weeks back to a chokepoint in history, and giving you the opportunity to stop the incursion before it starts.”

“You’re going to catch hell for that, you know.”

“That’s the beauty of it: If all goes well, I’ll never have done it, so I can’t be punished for it.”

“And the only risk is me going insane.”

“That’s a risk of everything.”

“Fair enough. Let’s do it.”

* * *

“Suck it up and deal, the GM is always right. Seriously, some people will try to get away with anything, you know what I mean?”

“…What? Sorry. I wasn’t really listening.” Startled out of a vision of a desperate situation only a few weeks hence, Jessica glanced at the greasy dudebro, then at her watch, then at her drink. Why did she receive the vision now? How was this moment in time important?

“Oh, well, that’s okay. It was just a funny story about my game, that’s all.”

“Yeah, sure. Look…what was your name again?”

“Howard. I’m Howard. I live in Larke Hall. You were a TA for one of my classes last semester…”

“Right, right.” Howard from Larke Hall. Geeky, socially inept, entirely full of himself…this had to be Patient Zero from the incursion, the idiot who summoned it in the first place. But he didn’t seem the nihilistic type. Why does a teenage boy try to summon an extradimensional entity that he doesn’t know how to control?

“So, do you, umm, want to maybe go somewhere? We could get drinks, maybe come back to my place?”

Why does a teenage boy do anything? Jessica fought back the desire to smack Howard upside the head. Seriously? He caused a massive abyssal incursion because he wanted to get his dick wet?

Well, at least this would be easy to fix.

“Yes, Howard, I’d love to have a drink and come back to your place.” Jessica strategically leaned over to make sure Howard had a good view of her cleavage. “What a fantastic idea.”

* * *

For a misanthrope and a wannabe sorcerer, Howard was impressively trusting. Also, completely unable to hold his liquor, especially after Jessica had doctored it. He led her back to his room in a slurring daze, rambling about how she was such an awesome bitch and how he’d name all of his NPCs after her; and then promptly passed out.

Jessica hit all of the usual danger points: She cleared out the magical texts from his bookshelf, then stole the hard drive out of his computer in case he had digital material saved locally. Photos of the contents of his wallet would be enough for her associates to prevent him from accessing any new materials via the web. For good measure, she would carve a tiny ward into the wainscoting behind his dresser, which would strengthen reality in this room against any sort of magical working for at least a few months.

But that didn’t actually tackle the real problem, though.

It wasn’t a difficult working for someone of her skill, mostly a variant of the rote that removed memories from people who shouldn’t have witnessed the supernatural and were better off forgetting. While Howard slept, Jessica carefully excised his desire for sex and women, trimming it out and leaving the rest of his mind intact. She took it into herself, where she could control it and put it to better ends. Howard would wake up asexual and none the wiser.

And as she snuck out of the room, Jessica briefly considered how good and perfect that choice had been, and how she’d need to remember the spell to steal desires for the future.

For some reason, it made everything about her feel terribly right.

Fin.