The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Independence Falls

Leading the country in average income, average happiness levels, and average sperm count, Independence Falls is the fastest-growing town in America.

Independence Falls: home of Oneiroi. Home of the future.

CHAPTER 2

MELODY:

I was sharing a sleeping bag with my twin when we heard it. The idea of your parents doing it is always gross, of course, but actually hearing them fuck? Eww and double eww. I couldn’t believe them – first they rip me out of my social network, take me to a town in the middle of bumblety-fuck nowhere, and then they keep the whole house awake with their animal noises?

I could tell that Steph had heard it, though – she sort of froze and stiffened next to me for a second, then as the sound of Mom and Dad screwing got louder, she actually giggled.

When she did, I couldn’t help but giggle as well. I mean, it was sort of funny, really – they’re so old. Fortunately they didn’t last long (fortunately for us, not so much for Mom, haha) before it went silent, and we finally got to sleep.

* * *

The next morning was our first day at the new school. I’d woken up like three or four times during the night...I kept having these weird sex dreams. I mean, I’ve had sex dreams before, but these ones were really vivid for some reason – probably triggered by the gross sound of Mom and Dad doing it before bed, I guess.

I don’t remember exactly what happened, I just remember being fucked harder than I’ve ever been fucked...

Well, that’s not quite true. To be honest, I’ve never been fucked. Yeah, I’m a virgin – pretty lame, I know. That’s what five years at a Catholic school do to you...it’s not like I haven’t fooled around though, unlike my prude of a sister.

Oh yeah, that’s the other reason I woke up – Steph must’ve been having the exact same kind of dreams that I was, because at least twice I woke up to find her moaning really loudly in my ear and sort of grinding herself on me. I mean, I wasn’t really awake enough to register what was happening, or else I would have stopped her – in my half-awake state, I just sort of let it happen. It was...sort of nice, I guess.

In the morning, though, when I realized what the wet patch on my pajama pants was, I was grossed out as hell, of course. Again, eww.

I don’t even know what a total virge like her would even have sex dreams about...she was probably dreaming about having her first kiss, or something like that. Yeah, my sister’s never even been kissed – we’re not that close, as far as twins go, but I know that much at least.

Ugh. Sharing a room with your boring, goody-two shoes twin sister. How could life get any worse?

I’ll tell you what wasn’t so bad, though – after I’d had a shower and done my hair, I went downstairs to find a total hottie in our kitchen. Yeah, turns out “H”, the chef guy? He’s, like, twenty-six, and sexy as hell. I mentally high-fived myself for wearing my sexiest nightie, and as I wandered into the kitchen, I know I caught his eye.

“Melody...” Mom said with a sigh. “Should you really be wearing that to breakfast?”

“Well, I sure as hell can’t wear it to school,” I replied, and sat down, giving H a wink as he smiled at my comeback. When my bf back home found out I was leaving, we had a final hurrah – he managed to steal some liquor from his Dad, and we got pretty wasted – but that was almost two weeks ago, and I hadn’t even so much as kissed a guy since then.

Hell, the most action I’ve gotten lately is my sister grinding up against me in her sleep. (Although to be fair, that’s the most action the little prude’s EVER gotten! LOL)

Mom was talking about her first day at work today, and Steph was asking Dad if he’d be coming to school with us (yeah, my Dad’s going to be working at my school. I swear, it’s like they set out to make our lives as miserable as possible) so it took me a little while to move the conversation around to H.

Like a total ditz, I didn’t even think to ask his name, just casually started asking about his life while enjoying the bacon and eggs he was making. After last night’s amazing chicken, I shouldn’t have been surprised, but holy shit it was INCREDIBLE. I mean, it’s bacon and eggs – how good can it be, right?

Anyway, between the orgasm-in-my-mouth that was H’s cooking, I managed to strike up a conversation. Turns out that he was raised in Independence Falls – I didn’t even know it had been around that long. He said that he was excited to meet some “new stock” as he put it, and I swear he looked straight at me when he did.

Major flirting, right?

Well between the sex dreams and the hunk in the kitchen, I was getting pretty wet. Like...really crazy, ridiculously wet. I mean, I’ve gotten turned on before – duh – but this was actually impressive. Like I said, I think it’s ’cos I haven’t gotten any in WAY too long, and so when “H” asked if I minded giving him a hand taking some stuff out to his car, of course I said yes.

Mom gave me that “one eyebrow raised” look that she’s so fond of, but it wasn’t like I could get in that much trouble with a guy I’d never met before, less than ten feet away from the rest of my family.

At least, that’s what I thought as well.

H, it turned out, was a total player. Like...I like my men forward, but woo a girl a little first, right? Not H.

I should point out, I’m not normally easy. I mean, I’ve had chances to lose my V-card in the past – if I was a total slut, I would have given it up long ago. Not that I’m a prude or anything, I guess I’ve just been...waiting for the right guy? Ugh, that sounds totally lame, but you know what I mean.

But it had been so long, and H was so hot, so when we got out of sight of my parents and he pulled me in for a kiss...well, I just sort of melted.

No, melted isn’t the right word for it. That suggests that I was passive, like a Jane Austen chick, just letting him kiss me while I daintily dropped my handkerchief or whatever.

When H made a move, I returned it double. It had just been so long since I’d done anything like that, and he was so hot. My lips met his, my hands reached under his shirt to find a HELL of an impressive six-pack, and when he reached down and started running a finger up and down the inside of my thigh...I went a little wild.

I’m not normally a slut. I’ve mentioned that, right? This was a special occasion. New town, new school, new man...and goddamn it, I was horny and he was hot.

There was something about the way that I was acting that was turning me on, and there was a LOT about the way that H was acting that was turning me on. My brain went a little foggy, and suddenly all I could think about was the fact that he was a man (and WHAT a man) and that I was a woman.

He pulled my body against his, and I could feel his package. At first I thought it must have been his leg or something, but then I reached down and discovered exactly what our chef was packing.

I’ll tell you, it practically could have been a third leg. I just stared at it in shock for a few seconds, before reaching down and feeling it through his pants.

Of the handful of guys I’ve been with, none of them has been more than six or seven inches. I’ve never actually measured, but they’ve all been around the same size. H? H was at least twice that.

If my parents hadn’t been two doors away, expecting me back at any minute, I would have insisted on seeing it...if only to believe what I was feeling. I have no idea how he managed to keep that thing contained, to be honest...I was so stunned by the outline of what I could see in front of me, I didn’t even object when H reached up my nightie and started playing with my nips, pinching them between his strong fingers.

Well...that wasn’t the only reason I didn’t object.

I tried as hard as I could to keep in mind that my parents were barely across the hall, but couldn’t stop myself from letting out a little whimper of pleasure. H grinned at the sound, and used his other huge hand to cover my mouth – ladies, if you’ve never tried this, I thoroughly recommend it. There’s something so hot about being forcefully silenced – it reminds you of how dominant your man is, and how even if you wanted to cry for help, there’s nothing you can do to stop him from taking you...

He didn’t, I should probably warn you. No, when I left for school that day, I was still a virgin. And honestly, I was pretty glad about it – from what I’d seen and felt, I’m worried that H would have torn me in half. It was enough of an effort to take the two fingers he pumped in and out of me – I bit down on his hand when I came, but he didn’t mind. His eyes just gleamed mischievously, and I suspect he got as much pleasure as I did out of doing something so sinfully naughty barely ten feet from where my family was having breakfast.

After I came, I tried to straighten my hair and nightie as well as I could, but Steph still shot me a strange look when I came back in. Probably just jealous. Robbie stared at me as well, but the little creep has been doing that ever since my boobs grew in. Gross fucking pervert, same as always.

When H came in a few minutes later, my parents didn’t even suspect a thing – which is good, because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t stop staring at him. He was just so...sexy.

I couldn’t believe it. I’d only been in Independence Falls for one night, and I already had a boyfriend.

ALISON:

My first day at Oneiroi started exactly how I’d expected. A lot of “Hi”s and handshakes, a quick tour around the facilities, and a run–through of all the basics. Your office is here, check. Your desk is here, excellent. Here’s an induction package, the sheet of log–ins you’ll need for our unnecessarily complex computer system...everything was exactly as I’d anticipated.

Well, one thing caught me by surprise. I’m embarrassed to mention it, but I wasn’t expecting my boss to be black.

Not Gideon Magister, the CEO – I knew what he looked like from his billboards... and besides, I was told that it would probably be a few weeks before I got to meet him (which, frankly, I was a tiny bit disappointed by. The man’s a legend, and I’d heard rumors that I’d been handpicked to be a part of his team.)

No, my direct boss, Marcus Greele. He was tall, black, and drop-dead handsome.

Not that I had any problem with it, of course – Boston is a quarter black, and (if you’ll pardon the cliché) I’ve got plenty of black friends. And the more I thought about it though, the more it made sense. Oneiroi was so modern, and so of course they’d have a strong equal opportunity policy.

I just...well, it just took me by surprise, that’s all.

“Mrs. Levinson,” Marcus said as he met me at the reception desk, his gleaming white smile cutting through his dark-skinned face. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Please,” I said, “call me Alison.”

I was taken aback by the whole “black” thing, of course, but as soon as I saw him, I couldn’t deny that he was an extremely handsome man. I tried to keep things professional, but it was hard not to stare.

“Alison, then,” he repeated, and reached out to shake my hand. I tried to ignore how much I was enjoying the sound of my name rolling off his tongue. “An absolutely genuine pleasure.”

He showed me to my office, explaining that his room was right down the hallway, just a few doors away.

“Be sure to come and see me if you need anything,” he said, his eyes burning into mine. There was a silken purr to his voice, like a tiger stalking its prey. To my surprise, it sent a shiver of delight down my spine. “Anything at all.”

If I’d been ten years younger, I would have blushed and giggled in response – as it was, I just nodded, and thanked him.

“And now,” he said briskly, “your first video. You’ll be seeing a lot of them over the next few days, I’m afraid. This way, my dear.” He gave a half-apologetic shrug of his broad, powerful shoulders, as if you say what can you do? Company policy...and then he was on the move, walking briskly down the corridor, down past his office towards the flickering lights that lay beyond.

Marcus was halfway towards the training room before I managed to catch up. He was such a tall man, and I found it impossible to match his large strides. Half-jogging just to keep up with him, I asked what he meant.

“Oh, Gideon Magister likes to make sure that every new employee has the exact same information. He has a team to put them together, but he insists on presenting each video himself. It’s just to run you through the history of the company, the expectations of your role...all that kind of stuff. It’s company policy.”

“Of course,” I replied. It sounded pointless, but I didn’t want to start my first day off by arguing against company policy...although the way he’d described it as my first video wasn’t particularly appealing, I had to admit.

A few minutes later, I was seated alone in the training room, watching Gideon Magister’s smiling face as he faced the camera and seemed to greet me personally. He stood in front of the marble steps leading into Oneiroi’s headquarters, right next to the marble fountain I’d passed by only a little while ago. He was an older gentleman, but he looked quite fit and trim, perhaps in his late fifties or so, with a mane of long, flowing white hair that spilled down to his shoulders, and a neatly-trimmed white goatee covering his chin.

Mr. Magister wore an immaculately-tailored suit, completely jet-black from head to toe – jacket, vest, shirt, slacks, and shoes. In fact, the only hint of color that could be seen on the man was the dark purple tie that he wore, with a matching handkerchief folded and tucked neatly in the breast pocket of the jacket...and the gold chain, presumably for an old-fashioned fob watch, that dangled slightly out of his shirt pocket. With a small amount of amusement, I thought that Mr. Magister looked like a country singer, one of those old retired ones that you see in advertisements for whiskey or used cars or something.

As the first training clip started on the giant flatscreen hanging from the wall, I noticed that the images on the screen were flickering slightly, just like the lights in the hallways and offices. Lines of odd static danced occasionally across the screen, too. I found myself wondering if they were all caused by the same thing. I guessed that my husband Pete might have an idea of what might really be causing the problem – maybe all of Oneiroi’s stuff was the same network or cloud or server or however the hell they transmit these things. I made a mental note to ask Pete about it after work.

“Hello, and welcome to Oneiroi,” the gentleman on the screen said pleasantly. “My name is Gideon Magister – founder, president, and CEO of Oneiroi. On behalf of everyone who works for me and makes this organization such a wonderful place, welcome aboard. We’re glad to have you join the Oneiroi family. Please, enjoy a cool, refreshing drink of water.”

I looked down. To my astonishment, there was a bottle of bottled water – the delicious Descartes brand that our refrigerator at our new home was stocked with – right in front of me. I hadn’t noticed it at all when I’d sat down just a few moments earlier, but I supposed that didn’t matter. Absently, I sipped at it.

“It is my privilege to welcome you to Oneiroi. Without smart, capable individuals like you, our company would not be able to work for the greater good of the world. And in exchange for your hard work and your creative, insightful brilliance, all of your needs – and those of your family, will be attended to. You will want for nothing. Nod if you agree.”

I nodded in agreement.

“You may – on rare occasion, of course – see some things happening in the Oneiroi offices that might surprise or shock you. However, at Oneiroi, we often utilize rather unconventional training methods and management techniques. We believe that a happy, stress-free employee is a productive employee, and therefore strive to make sure all of our employees are as happy and stress-free as possible, even if that means using business processes that might be considered unorthodox by other traditional corporations. Any of these, er, business processes that you witness – and that you participate in – will seem perfectly normal to you, and not at all strange or out of the ordinary. Nod if you agree. And please, enjoy some more water.”

I nodded again in agreement, and sipped again at my water. God, it tasted wonderful.

“At Oneiroi, we consider work and family to be equally important. We believe that a happy family life means an equally happy work life. In fact, it is one of Oneiroi’s goals to blend family and work together, to make them all part of a greater whole. It’s one of the reasons that Oneiroi prides itself on hiring members of the same family – while some companies frown on this, we consider this a very healthy policy.”

I nodded again. That made complete sense to me.

“This is why we don’t consider you to merely be an ‘employee’...but rather, part of the ever-growing Oneiroi family. And while it is the duty of the management team at Oneiroi to provide you with a happy, nurturing environment here at our corporate headquarters, it is your job, in return, to help our family keep growing. Nod if you agree.”

I nodded enthusiastically in agreement. I didn’t even know why, but that made perfect sense to me as well.

The video continued onward for a half-hour or so. To be honest, I’m not really sure exactly how long it went. And no, it wasn’t because I got bored and nodded off or anything like that. Quite the opposite, in fact. I found myself absolutely mesmerized by everything Mr. Magister was saying – everything he said was sheer brilliance, wise and insightful and occasionally laugh-out-loud funny. If anything, it all started to blend together, so at the end of the video, I didn’t quite remember everything that I’d just seen.

But I knew that it had been amazing.

That, and I’d finished my bottle of water – and, apparently, two more after that. I didn’t remember anyone coming in to bring me more, but I supposed it really didn’t matter.

Anyway, between introductions, my initial office tour, and the video, it was lunchtime before I got a chance to get back to my office and actually start getting acquainted with my new position. I’d been working for less than ten minutes when there was a knock at the door.

“Mr. Greele,” I said, as the door opened a crack. I found myself suddenly smoothing the wrinkles out of my pencil skirt, as if I was trying to impress a suitor on a date. I shook my head, stopped myself as Marcus poked his head inside, and looked up brightly at my boss. “Come in.”

“Already hard at work, huh? Man, I know your type,” he said with an easy laugh. He gestured to the huge stack of paperwork that I’d somehow already begun to assemble at the corner of my desk. “If you didn’t have a family to go home to, you’d work, work, work until the sun came up, right?”

I laughed politely. “Probably,” I replied.

“Well, enough work for the moment,” he continued. “I want to take you to lunch. Independence Falls has some truly wonderful little restaurants around here, and it’s my treat.”

“Oh, Marcus...thank you, but I can’t. I just can’t, honestly. I really want to get a headstart on my tasks here – the end-of-quarter is coming up, and I want to make sure I’m prepared before it hits. There’s so much I need to learn, and there’s so many requests in my Inbox already...”

“I insist,” he said. “If anyone has a problem with you taking a lunch with me on your first day, tell them to take the matter up with me directly.” There was a friendly but forceful insistence in his voice, and a slight tingle ran through my entire body at the demanding tone to his words. It would be fruitless to deny that I found Marcus attractive, even if he was black, but there was something about being ordered around by him that was just the cherry on top.

There was an awkward moment of tension, before he broke it with another huge smile.

“I do it for every new employee, from secretaries to new VPs. Please. Indulge me, my dear.”

It looked like I didn’t have a choice, and I couldn’t help but feel that he was dropping a hint – in my old job, I’d been on track to vice presidency, and while Oneiroi had never explicitly offered to match it, there had been signs that I was a contender. There’d never been any specific promises made to me by the human resources recruiters past my initial job offer (and the one I insisted they give my husband Pete), but they’d implied heavily that I might be on the fast track to upper management if I played my cards right.

And I got the feeling that I’d just been dealt my first hand.

Lunch, I have to say, was absolutely delightful. Marcus took me to a local restaurant that was classy without being overwhelming, and spent the whole meal treating me like I was a princess. He asked me a lot of questions, but he always seemed like he was genuinely interested in what I had to say. He laughed at my jokes, he made me feel incredibly at ease... if we’d been on a date, I can tell you it would have been one of the best dates of my life.

And Marcus certainly was quite a storyteller himself. It turned out that he had been a star wide receiver at Burbaine University, and then played a few years in the NFL before a knee injury had ended his career. As he said, though, he didn’t look at that injury as a setback, as it’d opened up the opportunity to work at Oneiroi International instead. And he kept calling it the best opportunity of his entire life...and the strange thing was, I completely believed him, for some reason.

At one point, Marcus visited the men’s room, and as I looked around, I noticed something odd. If he hadn’t insisted I have a second glass of wine, I probably wouldn’t have brought it up, but the liquor loosened my tongue, and I spoke my mind as he returned to our table.

“Mr. Greele,” I said, and he interrupted me.

“Please, I told you – it’s Marcus. Or, if you insist, sir.”

I couldn’t deny the small thrill that ran through me at the idea of calling this big, black man “sir”. A silly one, of course, but nevertheless a thrill.

“Marcus,” I continued. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you see a pattern in the women at this restaurant?”

“Hmmm?” he said, feigning innocence. “I’m not quite sure what you mean, Alison.” I may have had a glass and a half of wine, but I wasn’t even close to missing the playful grin playing around the edge of his lips.

“Come on, don’t deny it. Look at them – it looks like half the women in this room are pregnant, maybe more. And it’s not just here.” I twisted my hands around nervously in my lap. “It seems that way back at the office, too.”

“What about her?” Marcus replied deftly, pointing at a woman sitting two tables away. “Maybe she just had a second helping of the lobster ravioli.”

“Stop it!” I said with a nervous laugh. Too nervous. I wished I hadn’t started on the second glass of wine after all. “Seriously, you can’t tell me you haven’t noticed.”

Casually shrugging, Marcus leaned over and confidently drove his fork through some of the pasta in front of me.

“It’s the nicest restaurant in town. Most of the business execs from Oneiroi go here, which mean that their wives go here. And I don’t know what it’s been like for you back in the city, but in a small town like Independence Falls – as soon as the women have money and security, they start having babies.”

“Huh,” I said, my mind processing what he’d said. I’m not sure that I quite believed him...but for some reason, I wanted to believe him. And that was all that mattered.

“Honestly, it’s extremely common in towns like this, out here in the country and away from the bright lights of the big cities,” Marcus continued. “The rich women have babies out of boredom, the poor women have babies out of ignorance...and the teenage girls pop them out at an alarming rate. Surely you’ve heard the stats?”

I hadn’t, but I felt no need to broadcast my ignorance to my new boss, so I just nodded along, fidgeting awkwardly in my chair.

“You’ve got teenage girls, don’t you?” he continued. “Two of them, if I’m not mistaken?”

“I do,” I replied coolly, as suddenly my defenses were raised. “And I can assure you, both of them are far too sensible to do anything so foolish, or to ruin their lives like that.”

Marcus just raised one eyebrow in my direction, and shook his head as he casually twirled his fork around.

“So, you think having a child young ruins a woman’s life? What if that child grew up to be, oh, I don’t know, let’s say an important executive at America’s fastest-growing company. Would that really be a foolish decision, Alison?”

I thought there was a slight twinkle in his eyes as he spoke...but there was just a hint of an edge in his voice as well. I wasn’t sure if he was kidding around or not, and even if he was – well, he did have a point. My face immediately went a dark shade of red, and I stammered over my apology.

“Oh my word...Marcus, I’m sorry, I had no idea.”

He continued to look stern as I tried to justify what I’d said, before breaking out in a rich, deep laugh.

“Alison, don’t worry about it. Come on, finish up – we should be getting back to the office.”

I returned his laugh with a sheepish grin, ate the rest of my pasta, and – at Marcus’s insistence – helped him finish the bottle of wine. I figured if my boss was the one offering it, I couldn’t get in too much trouble for drinking over lunch.

When we got back to company headquarters, I followed Marcus into his office to thank him.

“Truly,” I said, “it was a very, generous gesture. I had a really lovely time with you.”

Marcus just smiled, and without even thinking about it, I stepped forward, my hands intertwined.

“No, I mean it. Thank you, Mr. Gr – thank you, Marcus. It meant so very, very much to me.”

At that point, it was mostly the wine talking, but I pushed on.

“It’s been so scary, moving to a new city, going into a new job. Hell, I uprooted my whole family halfway across the country, and so I just wanted to say...thanks. Thanks for making me feel welcome, and thanks for making it so much easier.”

By this stage, I was standing toe-to-toe with my new boss, looking up at him. I softly smiled up at him, but I still don’t think what happened next was my fault – he leaned down and kissed me. And not a polite, friendly peck on the cheek, either. Right on the mouth, bold, shameless...and sinfully good.

What happened after that was definitely my fault. I should have pulled back, I should have stopped it. Instead, I wrapped my arms around him, and returned the kiss with vigor. My tongue slipped into his mouth, and he tasted hot and delicious. My heart pounded like a drum as I savored the kiss, and I felt all the nervous, worried tension in my body slide away in his strong embrace.

As Marcus pressed his body against mine, I was suddenly aware that the rumors about black men weren’t just rumors – Marcus was packing. The bulge pressed against my stomach was huge, and as I moved my hand up to grab it, I suddenly realized what I was doing.

“Oh my!” I cried, staring the handsome devil in the face as I finally broke off our sensuous kiss. “Marcus, we shouldn’t...I couldn’t...ohh!”

Back in Boston, I had a reputation. I was known as a high-flyer, a man-eater. The ice queen, if certain rumors were to be believed, and the evil android, if you paid attention to others instead. Emotionless cut-throat bitch was the underlying theme...there were entire departments who feared me back East...and if any of them had seen what I was doing in my boss’s office at that very moment, they wouldn’t have recognized me in the slightest. Not the gleefully excited woman eagerly sucking face with her own boss on her first day on the job and grabbing his package, like some brainless bimbo.

What the hell was I doing?

“Relax,” Marcus said affably. A hint of a smirk crept to his lips as he spoke. “You’re not the first to wonder. No harm, no foul. You got a little carried away. It happens...don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. Promise.” He laughed jokingly and winked at me, and put a finger to his lips...and then, he gently ran that finger down my cheek and along the nape of my slender neck. My knees practically buckled as he tenderly caressed my skin, and I had to literally grab the edge of his desk to keep myself from falling on the floor of his office.

I might’ve let out a soft little moan, too. Okay, maybe it wasn’t that soft. I don’t really remember.

“Good, uh, okay, sure,” I finally managed to blurt out. “Thanks, uh, again.” I tore myself away from him before anything else could happen – and the weird thing was, tearing myself away took a lot more effort than I ever could’ve imagined. I mean, a married woman, flirting way more than somewhat inappropriately with her boss on her very first day of work...a no–brainer, right? Get the hell out before things could spiral even more dangerously out of control, right?

Except I found myself wanting the danger...no, not just wanting it. Craving it. I so badly wanted to kiss Marcus again. And I so badly found myself thinking of even more...

I fled, before more could happen. I thought I heard an amused, confident chuckle coming from the direction of Marcus’ desk, but that could’ve just been my overheated imagination.

Somehow, I managed to stumble out of his office without further humiliating myself, my face bright red with embarrassment. I practically ran back to my own office, almost knocking a startled–looking secretary as I sprinted in my high heels, and slammed the door of my office behind me.

As I sat back down at my own desk, I tried taking a moment to collect myself. Had I just...yes. Yes, I had. It was my first day, and for the first time in eighteen years of marriage, I’d kissed another man...my new, ebony black stud of a boss. And while I felt guilty about that, incredibly guilty and ashamed, I couldn’t help but realize how badly my hands were shaking, and that they were shaking with excitement, not fear.

That, and I realized my panties were utterly drenched with desire.

My cheeks burned with mortified shame as I took several more deep breaths...which turned into several long, long, minutes. Finally, I was able to calm down somewhat. I managed to convince myself that I could blame what happened on the wine, and that everything would go back to normal. Just a weird, funny, awkward moment that Marcus and I could laugh about someday as something silly and ridiculous on my first day at Oneiroi.

Right?

Right.

Of course.

I finally got to work, determined to spend the rest of the day being productive. After a while of crunching numbers and writing reports, it was easy to stop reliving that sensuous, tantalizing kiss, to block out the memory of how it had felt to be held against Marcus’s big, muscular body. I even managed to stop picturing myself in his arms, the contrast of our skin colors, the way he made me feel...

But no matter how I tried, and no matter how hard I worked, I couldn’t ignore the hot, growing itch between my legs, the flush creeping across my whole body.

I couldn’t wait to get home, fuck my husband’s brains out, and get my boss out of my system completely.

Everything would be back to normal tomorrow.

I just knew it would be.