The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Internal Affairs: Chapter 3

Synopsis: Drew McGreggor spends the summer after high school as an intern at her mother’s company, NanTech. This is the second tale from the PinkLink saga.

Story Tags: MC, MA, SF, FF (so far -new additions at the end of the list)

Chapter Three: “Mother of All Sin”

I.

Just a handful of hours earlier, I had been convinced that Jenna Carlisle’s plans for a better world made sense. I was going to be helping her cure disease, sickness, and maybe even death itself. Nothing wrong, there. I was going to be helping to rid the world of socially inflicted, artificial constructs of sexual inhibitions and hangups that went against our very nature as human beings. Okay, that might be a little bit of a stretch, but it wasn’t necessarily evil, was it?

Now, as I lay in my bed and stared at the ceiling, I wondered upon which side of the thin line of sanity I was walking. Jenna had, over the course of just a few weeks, managed to make swiss cheese of her mind. Yet somehow, with very little effort, she had managed to convince me that her plans were sound. Here, with a dark realization still bitch slapping me in the face, I could see the dangers, the pitfalls, and the downright errors in the scheme.

If you have a rash of serial killings, you simply don’t stop the crimes by changing the laws and making murder legal.

Still, as the sun began creeping over the horizin and I awaited Mother’s screeches to inform me how late and useless I was, I was considering moving forward with the plan.

“I need to study this data more thoroughly,” Darla had said after Jenna tried a few more questions and had successfully proven that a large portion of her childhood had been wiped from her mind. “Obviously, there’s more than just some personality and behavioral changes going on here.”

So, despite both of our scientific desires to watch Jenna and her robot-like companion Lindy as the software did its thing to them, we had decided to call it a night and regroup in the morning.

Later, as we got out of the cab and got into to my car in the NanTech parking garage, Darla said: “I think I can fix this.”

“Drew! Wake up and get ready for work!” Mother squealed as the here-and-now came crashing back in around me.

II.

“I need to know if you’re still with me on this,” Jenna whispered as I sat down at my makeshift desk in the corner of her office cubicle.

I nodded. “I promised you that I’d help. We just need to make sure that we aren’t going to be creating something that does as much harm as good.”

Just being in the presence of my mentor seemed to ease my mind about the moral and ethical dillemas of the proposed plan.

The red haired lab technician grinned, “That’s why I put you in charge of this. Liberation, freedom of expression, and eternal youth—good. Big gaping holes in memory—bad.”

“How is your..?” I pointed at Jenna’s chest with my nose.

“Hurts like a bitch,” she said, her fingertips running over her blouse where the bandage had been placed. “But, that’s what we were going for, right? I haven’t had an uncontrollable lapse all day.”

As the morning progressed, my attitude toward the project continued to improve. Darla called at around 9:30 and was fairly certain that she had isolated most of the key elements of how the software worked and was also convinced that she could fix the memory loss problem with a little more study.

“I was hoping that I could spend the afternoon observing and running some tests on Lindy,” she had asked.

Jenna agreed and called the young girl to let her know that she should obey Darla and do whatever it was that she wanted. She had walked out of the cubible and spoken to her out of my earshot for a while, so I wasn’t sure what the rest of the conversation entailed. I assumed that it was something personal—most likely of a sexual nature—that she only felt comfortable sharing with someone else whose brain was similarly afflicted.

By lunchtime, I had familiarized myself with just about all of the various StareWare products in the database on my laptop. I wasn’t sure about any specifics, but I managed to get pretty fluent in all of the software’s ‘advertised’ effects. Once Darla had analyzed each program, we’d have a pretty good understanding of the side effects as well.

The more I learned about it and the more Jenna talked to me about how the research project would be run, the more I was convinced that everything was going to be okay. My fears and doubts that had been so strong as I lay in bed that morning were washing away like a thin layer of grime.

About the only thing that didn’t seem to be working out according to plan was our attempts to get funding in the first place. Word had been filtering down all morning about how the board was going to reject our proposal. Dr. Kopezak, the woman on the board who had inadvertantly almost derailed our presentation the previous day, seemed to be on our side. Mother and Dr. Rayburn were, according to the NanTech corporate grapevine, prepared to nix the idea without further debate.

“Don’t worry,” I told Jenna as we sat in her cubicle after lunch, “Darla’s got a handle on this. Even if we don’t get funding, she’s one of the best in the world and if anyone can fix the memory gaps and other little side effects, it’s her.”

“We only need to get a hit on two of the three,” said Jenna. “Maybe you could do something to help convince your mother to see it our way? The vote isn’t until tomorrow morning.”

I laughed as I tried to sort the data on my laptop into some sort of logical grouping. “I’m not sure that there is anything in this world that could change her mind.”

And then it hit me.

The darkness in my soul cackled like an evil super villian from the comics. There was nothing in the world that could change her mind except for maybe this software that was designed to change minds!

III

“That should do it,” grinned Jenna as she handed me my PDA while absently rubbing herself between her legs.

While at work, Jenna had kept her focus on things with a flick or tug at the stud through her nipple. Now that we were out of the public’s eye, though, she had allowed herself to indulge in her previously prefered, and obviously more pleasant, means of relief. It wasn’t nearly as effective, but it kept me from having to see the agony in her eyes as she fought back an urge to scream. It felt good to know that she trusted me enough to let go a little bit in my presesnce, also. So long as she kept her hand, and other body parts, to herself, it didn’t bother me at all.

I looked up at the clock and saw that there was still at least another two hours before Mother got home from work. I was a bit surprised that Darla hadn’t been at Jenna’s place when we got there, so I wanted to take a moment to locate her and see what sort of progress she had made today. I also wanted to let her check over the software that we’d put on my PDA before I unleashed it upon dear Mother.

We wanted to change her mind, not fry it.

“They probably went downstairs,” Jenna said straddling the arm of the sofa and rocking slowly back and forth. “Let’s go down and check.”

My stomach churned at the thought of going into Jiggy’s. I had a fairly good idea of the types of things that went on down there, but I wasn’t sure that I wanted to experience them firsthand. True, there was a sort of thrill in thinking that if we got the project finished that I would, one day, run the program on myself and actually enjoy the experience—but, that was a long way off.

“I suppose we probably should check it out,” I said, resigned to the fact that I needed to talk to Darla before going home.

Surprisingly, the experience of being inside the strip joint wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d expected. As we stood at the right end of the bar, I couldn’t even see out into the main room where the dancers were, I assumed, prancing around naked and collecting their wages one dollar at a time. On the other side of the long oaken bar, a very attractive, dark haired woman was pouring drinks. Her nametag identified her as “Mamma Kat” though she looked more like a daughter than a mother—at best, she was in her late 20’s. There were three other people seated on the stools, all men and all dressed in neat business suits.

“Have you seen Lindy and our new friend Darla?” Jenna called to the bartender over the din of music in the place.

Mamma Kat leaned in close to my mentor to reduce the need to yell. “Try the back,” she said before planting a soft kiss on Jenna’s cheek.

After a quick introduction, Jenna asked Kat to keep an eye on me. “Stay here,” she said before vanishing into the club, “I’ll be right back!”

Her weight on the bar, Mamma Kat leaned in close and smiled, “You’re Jenna’s new intern at work, huh?”

I nodded, suddenly aware of a familiar yet unrecognized aroma in the air.

“I’m glad you stopped in,” smiled the pretty brunette as my knees started to feel a bit weak beneath me. “We were afraid you’d be too shy to come in, but this is a great place to kick back a few drinks after work—and I’m not too particular about carding friends, if you know what I mean.”

I smiled as my head began to spin and something rather delicious sparked down in my crotch. “It’s a nice place...”

“Hey!” cried the attractive bartender as she bolted upright and stormed over in front of the guy two seats down from me. “Don’t open that shit in here—there are people around. Take it outside or somewhere private!”

The man had a little cylindrical container like a can of skoal on the bar in front of him. With the lid removed, I could see a pad or something inside that reminded me of those wet sponge things that people used to use to moisten postage stamps. Kat grabbed the lid and sealed the thing shut before I could get too much of a look inside, though. The man muttered an apology, got up from the bar, and headed deeper into the club where I couldn’t see him.

“Sorry about that,” said Kat as she returned to her spot in front of me. “I tell people to keep their drugs out of here, but some fuckers just don’t listen.”

My head was already starting to clear and I kind of wished that the guy had stuck around just a few minutes longer. I was never big into drugs—though an occassional joint or a few mushrooms were not off limits—but, whatever it was in that jar was something I wouldn’t mind doing a little experimentation with.

“Didja miss me?” asked Jenna as she suddenly appeared back at my side.

I smiled as Darla moved in on the other side of me, “Hiya Darla. Sorry to interrupt your porn.”

She leaned in close and smiled at me. I could feel warmth between her legs as she pressed her hips in close. “Who’d think a girl like me would enjoy a place like this, huh?”

Her eyes seemed to be glimmering, as if exposing herself to this seedier side of life had awoken something deep within. “I thought you were here to work,” I said as she brushed her fingertips along my arm.

“I can multi-task,” she smiled.

“Let’s go back into the office,” said Jenna over the blaring music. “It’s quieter.”

Lindy, the robotic sidekick, stayed behind the bar to help Mamma Kat while Jenna, Darla, and I headed back to the office. I caught a few glimpses of the stage as we passed through the place and noted that the pretty girls dancing up there didn’t look as ‘dirty’ as I’d imagined they might. As they hovered above the learing men below, it almost appeared like they posessed some sort of power over them. Something about that appealed to the darker side of me.

“Alright,” said Jenna as she closed the office door and sat down at the big desk. “Let’s get down to business. I’ve been going nuts all day and need to get Drew outta here so I can go get laid.”

“They let you use the office like this?” I asked, thankful to be able to be heard without yelling.

“Mamma Kat owns the place and well...” Jenna grinned, both hands out of sight beneath the desk, “...let’s just say that she sees the world a lot like I do.”

Having spoken to the dark haired girl for a bit at the bar, I found it surprising that she was one of the girls who had been using the StareWare. She seemed rather normal and after spending time with Jenna and Lindy, I thought I would be better at spotting people who were under its influence. It also surprised me that someone as obviously young as Kat could afford to own such a large and well established club.

“Let’s see,” said Darla as she leaned back against the corner of the desk and waved her fingers at me.

I handed her the PDA. “We need to make sure that Mother Dearest votes in our favor tomorrow.”

Darla nodded, “The stuff that’s installed on here will definitely make her suggestible, but we still need to actually plant that suggestion.”

“I could talk to her about it while she’s under,” I suggested.

Glancing at Jenna with a smile, Darla shook her head. “I don’t think you want to be in the same room with your mother when this is running, Drew.”

“What about just some sort of textual commands flashing inside of her head,” Jenna offered. A bodily response to whatever her hands were doing beneath the desk clearly visible. “Approve the project. Approve the project. Over and over again.”

Darla nodded. “Yup. That should do it.”

She worked my PDA through the BioLink unit in her spine and a few seconds later, she handed me my PDA. “Do you still know how to get into your mother’s shit?”

Over the years, I had often hacked my way into Mother’s various technological devices of the day. If I needed some extra cash, I would simply hack her internet bank account and transfer some funds over to me. Once she got her BioLink unit last year, it became even easier since all of her accounts, e-mails, and whatnot had a single password protecting them all. Just two week’s ago, I’d been on her PDA to intercept and edit a few figures in my school grades before she had a chance to read them.

“Yup, no worries,” I said. “You need a ride home?”

Darla shook her head. “My car is outside. I’m going to stick around a bit, anyway. I’ve got a few more things I want to look into before calling it a night.”

With that, I was off to mess with Mother’s head. Even the bright part of my soul thrilled at the idea of being able to control her. Don’t get me wrong, though—the Darkness was very pleased, as well.

IV.

I didn’t even wait before Mother had made her way through the front door before I started hacking my way onto her PDA. I could have installed the StareWare onto the computer in her bedroom with less chance of being caught, but that wasn’t the best course of action. Even though we only had one specific task in mind at this point, we—I—might have other hoops I’d want her to jump through in the future. Since she and her BioLink were only within range of the bedroom terminal for a few hours a day, the PDA which she always kept at her side was a better choice.

In under a minute, I had access to her device from my spot on the sofa, and I started my upload. I chuckled as I noticed that, even though it wasn’t necessary for the task at hand, Jenna had installed the sexuality software along with the other stuff. It may have been cruel, considering that we hadn’t even taken the first step toward fixing the existing bugs, but there was something wonderfully satisfying about the thought of my ultra-conservative mother being turned into a sex crazed slut.

“Is that what you wore to work today?” she asked from the door between the livingroom and from hallway. Her scrunching nose hiked up the OptiRep glasses she wore and formed an impressive look of disapproval. On most days it would have annoyed the shit out of me, but as the software moved from my hands to the device in her pocketbook, it didn’t seem so bad at all.

“No, Mother,” I lied. “I changed after I got home.”

She hrrumphed and started to turn away.

“Have you decided how you’re going to vote on our project tomorrow?” I called, unsure of how far away she could get before our connection would be lost.

Mother turned back toward me and frowned, “You are really interested in that project, aren’t you, Drew?”

I nodded. Not a lie.

“Unfortunately,” she said, turning back toward the hallway and steps leading up to her bedroom, “I don’t think there’s anything we can do at this point.”

My PDA beeped and the words “Transfer Completed” flashed on the screen, so there was no longer a need to keep the miserable woman in the room. There was something else I wanted to know, though.

“There’s nothing in the world that could change your mind?”

“Sorry, dear,” she squeaked as she vanished up the front stairs.

I couldn’t help but gloat to myself. I wondered what sort of expression she would have on her face in the morning when she cast her vote of “Yes.”

My Darkness wondered if she would be frigging herself off as she did it.

V.

We sat before the NanTech Board of Directors and waited anxiously. Jenna Carlisle serrupticiously gave a firm yank on the gold stud in her left nipple to stop her nervous legs. I just looked on impatiently as we waited for the Board to speak.

“We have considered your application,” said the grizzled old Dr. Rayburn from his seat between his two female counterparts. “While I considered the risk and dangerous nature of the project to be too great, my colleagues aren’t quite so sure.”

“It’s my opinion,” Dr. Kopezak said, taking over the role as speaker, “that the potential long-term payoff from this project far outweighs the risks. While the short-term objectives are, for the most part, worthy—if you receive this grant to begin your project, you must not lose sight of the big picture. We don’t want to get hung up on making the quick dollar on the easy fixes.”

“Do you have anything to add, Dr. McGreggor?” Rayburn asked.

My mother, Dr. Addison McGreggor, was visibly distracted. Probably not so that others would notice, but agitated enough that Jenna and I could see that last night’s programming session had done something. We could only hope that it had effected her enough.

“I have nothing to add,” said the forty-five year old woman, wiping some sweat from her brow.

“The application was for a budget of three million dollars through the first of next year, at which time the next annual budget will be assessed based upon the results of this year’s research,” said Rayburn, squinting at his notes. For the record, I vote Nay, in respects to the grant for this project. Dr. Kopezak? What say you?”

“I vote Yay with a stipulation,” said Kopezak, a smile on her face. “You must keep moving toward the ultimate goal of curing terminal diseases, serious mental illnesses, and aging. If other minor solutions are developed as a byproduct of this reasearch, that is one thing, but you cannot let yourselves lose track and start of focus on the quick and easy. The accountants might like these resulting products for the short run, but our long-term success in this field lies on the big picture.”

“Dr. McGreggor?” asked Rayburn, “What say you?”

I could almost feel Jenna’s heart stop as she waited for Mother’s response.

“I vote Yay.”

With a huge sigh and an even larger grin, Jenna Carlisle rose from the table. “Thank you so much, Doctors. You won’t regret this!”

Without even acknowledging Jenna’s gratitude, Rayburn gathered up his papers and rose from the table. “Go over this list of candidates you want to select for your team and get them to us by tomorrow afternoon. You can begin work on Monday.”

As the Board left the table and began to file out of the room, I sat and marveled at what we had done to Mother. Never before—not even once—had I been able to change her mind once a decision had been made. Yet here, on this very morning, Mother had changed her mind. True, in the grand scheme of things, the choice had very little to do with me and her plans for my life—but I was affected by her decision and I had influenced that choice completely.

Out in the hallway, Jenna stopped and shook Dr. Kopezak’s hand. “Congratulations Ms. Carlisle. And if you do happen to accidentally invent something that’ll help get rid of these crowsfeet, please let me know!”

Jenna smiled and winked, “We might be closer to that one than you think.”

Dr. Rayburn, walking beside my strangely quiet mother, asked her: “I was under the impression, yesterday, that you were going to vote the other way.”

Coming up from her daze, she looked at him.. “A woman,” she said as they rounded the corner out of sight, “has the right to change her mind.”