The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Just relax and look at the light

Maxine Part 2:

Chapter 1

Helping to manage and seeing to the psychological well being of over 50 sex slaves had very high highs. Some of the recent highs being Chloe’s growing social circle, and Li Juan’s transformation from abused Chinese factory girl, to a happy and confident woman who had a promiscuous nature, and could now safely indulge it. Those were good experiences for Maxine, and those were what helped her get through today.

The lows were few and far between, but when they happened, things got pretty bad. Amy, poor Amy. Not long ago she was so happy. She was with her handler George. Like many recruits, she had fallen in love with her handler. Their bond was very strong. Then it was destroyed. Who would have thought a man in excellent physical shape with no history of heart problems would suddenly drop dead of a heart attack at age 32. Nobody saw it coming.

Jim, Maxine’s own handler, entered the room. Maxine finished her glass of wine and sat up to look at him.

“Just got the full autopsy results back on George. Heart attack caused by a blood clot. Made its way to his heart, stopped him dead in his tracks. Toxicology came up with nothing unusual.”

“That’s why his heart wouldn’t stabilize...” Maxine said.

She poured herself another glass of wine. She didn’t normally drink, however tonight was a pretty big exception. She had a buzz going now. It helped to numb things.

“And Amy?”

“They’ve only now had time to look her over, but it’s pretty obvious what she died from. They’ll do a full autopsy as soon as they can, but I doubt there’s any surprises.”

“Yeah.”

She downed the glass of wine, then put the cork back on the bottle.

“Sometimes, doesn’t matter how much training you have. Shit like this happens.”

“Do you need to cry?”

“No I did plenty of that awhile ago. I just need to sleep now.”

“Here, let me help you up.”

“I’m not that tipsy.”

He helped her up anyway, and she couldn’t blame him. He was upset too and he wanted to hold her. Truth be told she wanted to be held too. They made their way to their bed and climbed in.

Amy was a fighter. Stubborn too. It was a surprise to many when she chose to stay. However it soon became clear that she stayed for one reason. George. Slaves fell in love with their handlers fairly often. The ratio was around 40 to 50%. The selection process was designed this way, using a profiling system that match.com would be jelous of. It worked out great, except when shit like this happened.

When Amy fell for George, she fell hard. There was no point in trying to get her to have sex with anyone else. True monogamous relationships like that were thankfully rare, otherwise they’d be out of business. Amy ended up in the role of being a cleaner, basically cleaning up after slaves whose sessions with clients sometimes got rather messy. It was a job well suited to her. Before she came here, she worked at a morgue cleaning up generally nastier messes.

She and George had gotten into the habit of building miniatures. Scale replicas of houses, cars, boats. This progressed to bridges, and a few weeks before this mess all happened they set their sights higher and were building a scale model of Los Angeles they planned to sell online.

Eventually they planned to leave the facility, once they had enough money to buy her way out. The intricate model of the Golden Gate bridge they built fetched close to a grand on eBay. The model of Los Angeles would have fetched probably enough to buy a decent car.

There was a lot the facility could do with hypnosis and subliminal programming. Could they have wiped Amy’s mind after George died, and made her happy? Oh yes. Would it have lasted? Hell no. It just created a ticking time bomb.

They had been experimenting with how to address the issue of traumatic experiences before Maxine was recruited. Their first idea was to just wipe the subject’s mind of the event. They tried several versions of that, and they all ended in failure one way or the other because the memories never really went away, not without serious risk of brain damage.

Even with drugs to suppress the memories and make them less traumatic, the memories always came back. They resurfaced weeks or month later and either ended in suicide, the subject going into catatonia, or worst of all, going berserk and trying to kill people. Eventually they got smart and started looking into psychological treatment. The success rate shot up. Their renewed focus on the psychological side of things was partly why they recruited Maxine. Even still, success was never 100% guaranteed, as Rosilina had soon taught her. It all boiled down to weather or not the patient wanted to be fixed.

Even with psychological counseling and close monitoring, Amy had shown that she didn’t want to be fixed. She stealthily committed suicide by hiding under a blanket so the cameras watching her couldn’t see, and then managing to slit her wrists with no indication she had done so. By the time one of the cameras spotted the growing blood stain creeping out from under the blanket it was far too late.

It wasn’t just herself failing that had Maxine upset. She had gotten to know Amy. They had become friends. Amy was stubborn and prickly at times, but very dynamic and, well, human. She had a habit of poking fun at what she called the “Stepford mentality” that slaves had, where they lovingly obeyed their handlers. Maxine reminded her of her own relationship with George. Apparently that was different, though Amy never did explain how.

Maxine didn’t think of the slaves as Stepford people. Sure the slaves obeyed their handlers, however the handlers were taught what to expect from a woman who found herself here. She helped teach them the subtle signs, like if they were reaching their limits or getting frustrated, and how to respond to those signs before things got out of control. The hypnotic conditioning merely assured obedience. That was just one piece of the psychological recipe, and if a slave was upset or frightened enough, they could override it as Amy did.

The hypnotic conditioning also didn’t make slaves fall in love with their handlers. That was an effect usually brought on when the slave realized they were getting more care and attention then they did when they were free. Of course there were chemistry and personality components to it as well, but Maxine still found it amazing how someone could change so much in just two weeks, with generally minimal hypnotic conditioning.

The wine was wearing off now, and Maxine realized she wasn’t going to sleep tonight. Jim was out. He had taken a sedative. She didn’t dare to, not with the alcohol in her system. She decided to get up and wander around. Hopefully that would get her tired enough to snag an hour or two of shut eye.

She entered one of the surveillance rooms, where the night crew was keeping a watchful eye over the slaves. One of them, a young brunette, greeted her.

“Hey Maxine. You’re up pretty late.”

“Yeah Laura, I know.”

“I heard about Amy.”

“How are they holding up?” Maxine said, looking at the screens.

“Jamie and Kristine are the most upset. However they managed to get to sleep. The others seem to be doing okay more or less, but most of them are still up.”

Maxine walked around, looking at a few monitors. She spotted Li Juan, asleep with her client for the evening. That put a small smile on her face. She turned to look at Laura.

“Hey Laura, we’ve never really gotten to know each other have we?”

“No I guess we haven’t. We work different hours of the day.”

“Have you always been a night owl?”

“Eh, pretty much since I was a teenager. Started sleeping in late, staying up later. I’ve found that I like it. It’s usually pretty peaceful at night, especially here.”

“Yeah I guess. Sounds like it’d get pretty boring for me.”

“Eh, that’s why we do shifts. I spend 20 minutes looking at the monitors, and the next 20 minutes playing video games. I can’t wait until they make Fallout 4.”

“Ah, I see. I’m in no shape to go trekking through the wasteland, so I guess I’ll get going.” Maxine said with a small chuckle.

Her next stop was the kitchen to get a snack. A small night crew was on duty. The facility ran day and night, thought nights were always slower and more peaceful. She ordered an ice cream sundae with butterscotch and sprinkled with granola. As she was eating, a petite blonde woman approached her.

“Uh, hi, you, uh you’re one of the people who works here?”

“Yeah, I guess you could say that. I’m Maxine.”

“Hi Maxine. I’m Carla. I’m new here. Um, I did the two weeks and I chose to stay a few days ago and, um...”

“Go on. I don’t bite.”

“Oh okay. May I sit down?”

Maxine nodded. Carla took a seat.

“Okay, so my handler is a woman named Becky, and I really like her. Well you probably know that. I heard about what happened and, well, what would happen to me if something happened to Becky?”

Maxine took a big bite of her butterscotch sundae to give her time to formulate a response.

“Well, it depends on how and why, but you’d be taken care of. One of the things I do here is help oversee things like psychological counseling. We care very much about the health of our slaves, physically and mentally. You ever feel like you need to talk, let me know, or if I’m unavailable, Doug or one of the other overseers will help you.”

“Okay, well I’m just nervous and I can’t sleep, and I’m kinda worried I’ll get in trouble for being up late.”

“Don’t sweat it. You’ll be just fine. I’m sure Becky will understand, and hey, I overrule her in any case.”

“Okay, thank you.”

Maxine went out to the courtyard and was surprised to see a number of slaves and their handlers outside. Most of them were sitting in pairs talking to each other. On one of the benches, she spotted a pair of familiar looking fox ears. Sure enough Chloe and her handler Miles were sitting on the bench looking up at the stars.

“Hey you two. Couldn’t sleep either?”

“No. We tried, but we couldn’t and eventually we ended up out here. Guess we weren’t the only ones.”

“Yeah.”

Maxine sat down next to them and looked up at the stars. The night was warm, the sky was clear, and the stars looked quite beautiful. Minutes passed in silence.

“Can I ask you a personal question?”

“Sure.” Maxine replied.

“Do you think Amy and George are up there now?”

“I honestly don’t know, Chloe. I was raised to believe in life after death, Heaven and Hell. But then I got older and started seeing the massive corruption in the world. Honestly I don’t know if there is life after death. Sometimes I’d like there to be, like now.”

“Yeah. I’m kinda the same way, though our family didn’t really go to church a lot. Truth be told I stopped believing in God after my movie failed. But now, well my mom used to say that God has a plan and things work out in the end, and here I am now compared to a year ago.”

“Your mom too huh? Yep mine had a habit of saying that. Yeah, things will work themselves out, though I dunno if God or Buddha or Allah or whoever is up there is calling the shots.”

Chloe smiled. “I like to think they’re up there, looking down on us.”

“Yeah. Nothing wrong with that.”