The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Kiss From A Rose

By J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

* * *

Prologue:

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word—
Now in the morning I sleep alone,
Sweep the streets I used to own...

Lying on the soft cushioned lounge chair, working on her tan, Venus Satore wrinkled her nose slightly at the music playing softly in the background. She rather liked the band playing, Coldplay, yet another interesting post-90’s emergence that she’s missed. Their currently playing tune, however, struck rather close to home. It was hard not to take offense at the lyrics streaming through the speakers:

I used to roll the dice—
Feel the fear in my enemy’s eyes,
Listened as the crowd would sing—
Now the old king is dead, long live the king!
One minute I held the key,
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand...

Growling, she rolled over onto her front, allowing her backside to tan. If she were at her full power, she could have gestured and crushed the radio playing, destroying it in a shower of sparks. As it was, she was forced to simply grin and bear it, forced to rely on more mundane means. Moments later, the music changed, the satellite radio station shifting to a different channel. A moment more, Marcus approached from the back, dressed only in a pair of very tight leopard print speedos, carrying a large umbrella drink.

“Forgive me, my Goddess,” the muscular bellboy said humbly, kneeling before her, presenting the drink to her. “I didn’t know the music would be a bother. I trust this station is more to your liking?”

Taking a sip from her drink, Venus nodded, a smile returning to her face. “Yes... much better, thank you.” She gestured lightly, and without a word, Marcus sat down on the chair beside her, and began rubbing oil on her back. Her smile widened. “Mmmm... nice. You have such talented hands. I knew it was a good idea making you a convert.” She sighed softly in contentment. “Speaking of which, where is the lovely Miss Ryser this morning?”

“She went into town, Goddess,” Marcus replied with a sigh, panting deeply. Being able to touch his Goddess this way, caressing and stroking her skin, was utter bliss. His cock twitched with every motion, rubbing almost painfully against his underwear, begging for freedom. “The local grocer called and said they have a new shipment of exotic fruit that you wanted, and she rushed right out to get it.”

Venus nodded, yawning slightly as her body relaxed. She had to hand it to the man, he was damn good with his hands, even better than the staff masseuse. Of course, the girl IS a petite little thing, she reasoned, shifting position slightly, allowing his hands to drift lower. And I do prefer a rather firm, strong touch. And this walking mass of muscles certainly fits the bill...

Her momentary mood soured slightly, as she found herself unconsciously comparing Marcus’ technique to the last man she’d had pampering her this way. Scowling, she sat up abruptly, causing the much larger man to back away in abject fear. “It’s not you,” she said dismissively, knowing the man was picking up on her emotional state. “I was just thinking about a rather ‘unpleasant person’ from my past... someone that I have unfinished business with.” She drained her drink cup dry, then tossed it aside. “No matter,” she grumbled, getting to her feet, “I’m going for a swim. Maybe the cool water will cool me down a bit as well.” Approaching the edge, she vaulted flatfooted from the ground, executing a perfect three sixty before diving into the deep end of the pool.

Coming up a moment later, grinning, she lay back, floating idly on her back. Something about the water always had a calming effect on her. Hmmm... the more things change, the more they stay the same. I still remember flashbacks of rising out of the ocean, in that seashell. After all these reincarnations, a lot of things have faded, but that part is always crystal clear. It’s a pity more of my siblings didn’t chose to transcend as I did. Times like these, it would be nice to be able to converse with those my equal...

Truth be told, she only truly thought about her celestial heritage when she was feeling insecure or out of sorts. As the true spirit of the goddess Aphrodite, she had lived countless lives, reincarnating again and again into the body of a member of her own bloodline started eons ago. Her pantheon had fallen long ago, as the human supplicants that worshiped them faltered and faded, transferring their beliefs and worship to others. And thus, she spent each life span in minor obscurity, carving out a small niche for herself, enjoying the best that life had to offer while maintaining a relatively benign existence, staying under the radar of the deities currently in ascendance. It was only in the more recent decades that she’d begun to hunger for more, to be known and worshiped by legions of followers once again...

Indeed, in this latest incarnation, she’d been poised to do just that, to spread her presence throughout the country, and eventually, the entire world. And such a world, filled with incredible beings or powers and abilities to rival the gods themselves! And she... she would have been their Queen!

If not for the actions of one foul, villainous wretch, a traitorous heretic that had turned against her!

Twenty years, she fumed silently, as she swam a slow leisurely lap around the pool. Twenty FUCKING years. Two decades of my life taken away, stolen from me! This vessel... it has perhaps half a century left. So much time wasted, gone... time that once lost can never be regained! All too soon I will once again leave this mortal coil and be forced to begin again! All because of HIM!

Reaching the edge of the pool again, she pulled herself out, stepping forward into the waiting towel held by her thrall, drying her gently, reverently. So much time had been lost... but she was free once more. She could still bring her dream of a return to the golden ages to pass. She could still build her church and spread her worship among the masses. But first, she needed to build up her power base. She needed more converts, more worshipers from which to draw her power.

And, more than that, she needed to get her revenge on the one person in this era who had bested her, the one who had ruined her plans and dared to try and deprive her of her beauty.

Before I can move forward with my plans, I need to avenge myself from the slight dealt to me, she thought fiercely. I need to defeat the Hero of the day, and bring him to his knees. Before I do anything else, I will vent my full fury and wrath, and bring it down upon him! Yes... Parker Albinn... I shall humble you, shatter your spirit, and break your soul... and only then, when you beg for death, will I give it to you!

* * *

Ah, yes... another day in paradise...

Parker Albinn glanced at his wife, Veronica, giving her a cheeky grin as they made their way down the crowded streets, heading towards the Pixie Hollow attraction, The past two weeks had been the most fun they’d had together since their daughter’s second birthday. As much as he’d loved his job at Frasier Industries, he had to admit that it had taken a lot of time away from his family. Likewise, Roni’s job as an executive at her firm had given her more flexible hours, but limited their time together as well. Of course, with Lucy in school or with the babysitter most nights, their daughter was always cared for, but it always made him feel a bit guilty, as if their daughter was growing up without them.

Lucy, for her part, was simply ecstatic to be able to spend time with her mommy and daddy in the ‘happiest place on earth’ and be able to visit all the rides and attractions. From the moment they’d arrived, she’d had two goals—to visit all the Disney Princesses and to meet the kid from the Kingdom Hearts games. Parker hadn’t the heart to tell her Sora wasn’t a Disney creation, but upon arriving, being nearly overwhelmed by the sheer scope of the place, Lucy was far too excited to even notice.

“Here we are, sweetie,” Veronica announced as they arrived at the fairy attraction. “Welcome to Pixie Hollow.”

“YEAAAH!” Lucy squealed, jumping up and down in place. “I can’t wait to meet them all—Tinkerbell, and Fawn, and Silvermist, oooh, and Iridessa... and Periwinkle, she’s my favorite!” And with that, she ran off with the throng of other children. Roni glanced at Parker, who merely shrugged.

“So, did you recognize any of those names besides Tinkerbell?” she asked, amused.

“Not a one,” Parker admitted. “And I only recognize Tink from the Peter Pan movie, though the version I remember wasn’t anything like that,” he said, gesturing at the statuesque green clad blonde greeting the youngsters. Parker winced slightly as Roni elbowed her. “Hey... I wasn’t making a comparison or anything,” he protested, rubbing his side. “You know you’re the most beautiful woman around.”

Veronica smirked, snuggling against her husband. “Damn straight. And don’t you forget it.”

“...although, we haven’t made it to the Mulan exhibit yet,” Parker added as an afterthought, only to dodge with his super speed as Roni went for a shot to the gut. “Kidding! I’m kidding!” he said quickly, pulling her into another hug. “Geez, babe, lighten up. How can you even doubt I’m smitten with you after this morning?”

Veronica blushed heatedly in memory. One of the best parts of their vacation, their suites at the Grand Californian featured enough amenities that there was little need to even leave the building. Their favorite aspect, however, was the privacy, the king sized bed, and the soundproof walls, meaning they could fully let go and enjoy themselves carnally without worrying about little ears overhearing, something they were always mindful of at home. Waking up early, Parker had taken advantage of the environment, surprising his wife by pinning her to the bed, securing her hands and feet, and fucking the living shit out of her! After the initial shock, Roni had voiced her pleasure, begging for more, more, more, overjoyed to be able to explore her submissive side without fear. Indeed, if not for their promise to finish showing Lucy the Pixie Hollow fairies, they would have spent the entire day in bed.

“You know, this vacation is costing an arm and a leg... but I really think it’s worth it,” she said lightly, kissing her husband. “I haven’t seen you this playful in years. You smile a lot more, too.” She sighed softly. And I can almost forget the reason why he’s so lighthearted lately is because of having cleared the air with Nigel Grimalde’s little dragon bitch of a wife. She slid a hand lightly along her upper thigh in memory. She’d taken a hit in saving the prissy little brunette from an assassination attempt, saving her life. In the end, she honestly wasn’t sure who was more surprised by her actions—the assassin, Patty Grimalde, or her herself! Still, if anything had happened to her, it would have broken Parker’s heart. And no way in hell am I going through that again...

It was slightly depressing, in a way, that even here, in the ‘happiest place on Earth’, she still couldn’t quite let go of the past and enjoy herself. Parker was hers, mind, body and soul, her husband, her Master, the father of their children. He loved her, and she knew it, accepted it... but there was still that small, tiny, insignificant speck of doubt about his remaining feelings over Patty. Parker, no doubt sensing her troubled heart, squeezed her shoulder gently before pulling her into another kiss.

“Uh uh,” he whispered softly into her ear. “No getting lost in your thoughts, sweetheart,” he chided her, reaching back to cup her ass, causing her to gasp aloud. “Time enough for that later back at the hotel, when Lucy is tired out and sleeping, and we’re all alone again. Or... do you need me to help make all the bad thoughts go away for a while?”

Roni gasped again, blushing brightly, pulling away. “No!” she hissed softly, glancing around at the people walking by aimlessly. “We’re in public, Parker! You can’t... umm... you know,” she said, embarrassed, “do that kind of thing when we’re out in public... especially when Lucy could return at any minute!”

Parker merely chuckled. “Well, she is a bit young yet to know about mommy and daddy’s ‘special playtime’,” he admitted, “though considering all the questions she had after Katie’s rather surprising confession a few weeks ago, I’m surprised she’s NOT more curious about what we do when she’s not around.”

Veronica shuddered, remembering all too well. “Don’t remind me,” she grumbled. “Katie Ann... I love that child, I honestly do, but sometimes I really want to strangle that girl! Trying to explain the birds and the bees to a seven year old...” she shook her head. “I’m just glad that most of it seemed to go over her head.”

“Personally, I put that back on Grimalde,” Parker stated matter-of-factly. “He’s the one that came up with the ridiculous idea of having her come to us to get permission to become his sex slave.” He sighed. “Still... can’t fault the man’s logic too much... it seemed to have worked. She decided not to go through with it in the end. Now if she’d just stop spending so much time over at their place...”

“She’s there staying with the two angels, Sioban and Tawnya,” she reminded him, “not because of Nigel. Besides, why are so still grumpy about that? I thought you and he had buried the hatchet.”

“Yeah, we have,” Parker replied, glancing up as Lucy began making her way back to them, grinning and laughing with glee, “but that doesn’t mean he’s automatically the president of my fan club. I still think he’s an uptight, pretentious, pain-in-the-aa—ahhh, hello, pumpkin,” he said gently as Lucy reached them. Kneeling down to her level, he chuckled. “Did you have fun?”

“YES!!” she yelled, hugging him tightly. “Oh, daddy it was great! I got to meet them all, and they told me how pretty I was, and they told us stories about the pirates, and gave me this book with stickers, and they all signed it, and it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!” She pulled back then, frowning slightly, head tilted to the side. “But daddy, I do have a question. They were all really big,” she said, glancing back towards the attraction. “Tinkerbell said they had to use magic to get big so they could greet their visitors, that if everything was pixie sized, then we wouldn’t have been able to come and visit their home. Is that true?”

Parker bit his lip, torn from his desire to never lie to his daughter, and a deep desire not to destroy the childhood magic of this experience for her. “Well, honey,” he said, compromising, “I really can’t say HOW they manage it. Maybe it’s part of their ‘special powers’,” he said, whispering dramatically, winking at Veronica, who chuckled softly. “You know, the way I can run really fast, and your mom can read people’s mind, and Jimmy can use shadows and Katie can use light?”

Lucy’s eyes widened. “Wow! I never thought about it like that. Maybe Tinkerbell and the others are actually super heroes too!”

Parker shushed her, gently, glancing around. “Be careful sweetie,” he chided her, barely able to repress the urge to laugh. “If they are heroes, it’s probably as their secret identities. You wouldn’t want Captain Hook, or anyone else to find out their secret, right?” She nodded vigorously. “Good girl. Okay, baby, it’s getting late. Let’s go grab some lunch. Do you want to go on over into Tomorrowland, and eat at the Terrace, or swing down Main Street and hit Carnation Café again like yesterday?”

“I say we go on to Tomorrowland,” Roni stated, reaching down to caress her daughter’s cheek briefly. “We still have a lot of ground to cover in order to see every exhibit. Besides,” she said, rubbing her flat toned stomach lightly, “I’m starving as well. Let’s go.”

* * *

Rose Contreras glanced up in surprise, doing a double take as she passed by the front desk. She had a brief moment of panic as she recognized the lovely and familiar face of the desk clerk, who turned to her and smiled briefly before glancing down at her paperwork. Huh? She didn’t react to me at all... maybe its not Jette... no. It’s definitely her. I’ve spent enough time with her the past few weeks that I can recognize her. But... SHE doesn’t recognize ME! she suddenly realized, a smile curling her own lips. Of course! My Goddess has changed me so much after all... plus there’s no reason to expect running into each other all the way out here—there’s no reason she’d connect my new younger face and body with the woman she knew. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Rose approached the counter to strike up a conversation.

“Hello! Welcome to the Teton Springs Lodge and Spa, my name is Julie,” the young dark skinned woman replied with a slight nod. “Would you like to check in?”

“Actually, no thank you,” Rose replied with a smirk, as the heroine’s eyes widened. “I’ve already checked in. Hi there, Jette. You’re looking well.”

“Gh... Ghost Girl?!? Is that really you?” Julie asked, breaking out into a grin, looking her over carefully. “Wow! I mean.. wow! You look great! But, wait, what are you doing here?” she glanced at the registry. “I’m pretty sure I would have noticed your name if I’d come across it earlier—”

“Oh, that’s me, sweetie,” she said with smirk, pointing at the name Chloe Summers penned in perfectly legible ink. “It’s an alias... I’m ‘under cover’,” she said in a soft whisper, barely resisting the urge to giggle at the absurdity of what she was doing. Still, with the young heroine’s vague knowledge of her activities as one of Eugene Frasier’s operatives, she bought the lie easily.

“Gotcha,” Julie replied with a nod, glancing around surreptitiously. “I understand. Sorry... hope I didn’t blow your cover, but I don’t think anyone was listening in.” She sighed softly, straightening her clothes. “So... is there anything I can do to help you out? Anything at all?”

Oh, I can think of quite a FEW ways you might be of use, sweetie, Rose thought silently, before answering. “Well, we can talk about that in a moment. My big question is... what are YOU doing here? You’re kind of far from your usual stomping grounds, aren’t you?“

Jette laughed, shaking her head. “Yeah, that’s true. I’m actually just in town for the week visiting my mom. She’s the manager here, so while she’s out, she asked me to mind the front desk.”

“Your... mom?” Rose asked, slowly, the gears turning. “You mean, Ms. Ryser? But I thought your last name was Simmons?”

“Yeah,” Julie replied, rolling her eyes by habit. “Long story short, my mom was married to a ‘no good bum’,” she stated, making air quotes, “so I got stuck with his last name. When they divorced, mom went back to her maiden name. Not that it makes much difference to me,” she said with a shrug. “I barely even remember him. They split when I was maybe, two years old.” She glanced at Rose as she broke into laughter.

“Sorry... I’m sorry... I just... it just struck me...” she said, wiping the tears. “If your mom had waited another year or so, you would have had the same last name as her. But you showed up... too early...”

“Making me an ‘Early Ryser’,” Jette replied, rolling her eyes, but smirking despite herself. “Yeah, like I haven’t heard THAT one a million times from my mom. Seriously, though... can I do anything to help you out on your mission?”

Rose pretended to consider, then nodded. “Yes, I think there is a way you can help. After the shift change, when your relief comes to man the front desk, come up to my G... my room,” she said quickly. “There’s someone I want you to meet...”

* * *

Alright... let’s see if this one does it, Eugene Frasier thought, sitting up from his work bench. His wheelchair sat unused in the corner, though still nearby in case he needed it. His and Nigel’s secret project was coming along well, and while he had very limited mobility with the new implants, he could at least move about somewhat normally for short periods of time. Indeed, he longed to return to perfecting the neural stimulators... but finding and tracking Rose took a higher priority.

Adding in the new changes, he uploaded the new data, set the scanner to wide angle range, and fired it up. Immediately, he began receiving telemetry data as the images began pouring in, streaming across his monitor, and he held his breath, hopeful for the moment, before letting out a bellow of rage as the scanner continued scrolling, listing and marking spots that his target had been, each minute trace of her DNA showing up as a clear red marker.

Which would have been great, had the entire map of the United States not now been colored bright red.

Blast her hide... was it all intentional? he wondered. Could she have thought far enough ahead in her plan to travel across the country, leaving a DNA trail in nearly every state in the union, just to make it impossible to track her? He growled softly in frustration. It’s no good. My scanner can’t pick her up at all, and either it shows no DNA anywhere, or shows ALL of her DNA traces everywhere! Her blasted powers make it impossible to lock onto her, and increasing the sensitivity only confuses the readings.

Sighing heavily, he shut down the program, and lumbered slowly back towards the workbench once more. “Back to the drawing board,” he murmured softly, picking up his soldering gun, only to frown as his hand began to shake violently. “Damnation... not now,” he growled again, glancing around for his pills.

“Eugene?”

Glancing at the doorway, he sighed, finding Evangeline Snow standing there, barefoot, clad only in a sheer nightie. “It’s late. You should call it a night, and come to bed.” She gestured to the other empty work bench. “Nigel’s already turned in. Connie dragged him off to bed hours ago. Now, it’s your turn to turn in.”

The dark haired Scotsman shook his head. “Nae, I havenae figured it out just yet. I’m getting there, narrowing the field, but it’s still not working.” He reached again for the soldering iron only to wince as it tumbled from his nerveless fingers. Forming his hand into a fist instead, he slammed it down hard on the table, his frustration evident. When Eva laid her hand gently across his a moment later he glanced up, finding her staring at him with sympathy.

“Master, please,” she said gently, caressing his face. “It’s late. You’re tired. And we both know you’re not nearly healed yet. The neural damage is always worse when you’re tired. I know finding Rose is important to you, but you have to let this go for tonight. There’s nothing more you can do right now.”

Gene shook his head. “There has to be something, Eva... something I’m missing. Blast me heid... I’ve missed so much already. All the signs were there, I was just too damn blind to notice. I cannae let this go. I have to find her, talk to her...” he glanced up at her, a desperate hope on his face. “There’s still a chance I could talk her down—”

“Master, please, stop,” Eva said softly, shaking her head. “I know... I know how much this hurts you. And I know you’re going to blame yourself for this for years even after it’s all over. But you have to face facts. Rose is lost to us for now. Venus Satore is not a psychic, or anything akin to one, but she’s still one of the most powerful mind controllers I have ever encountered. And Rose, despite her gruff exterior, was a true submissive at heart from the very beginning. Having ‘hope’ all is fine and well, but, Master, above and beyond everything else, you’re a realist. And the fact of the matter is, Venus Satore OWNS Rose now, mind, body and soul.” She sighed as Gene seemed to fold inwardly with her words. “I’m sorry. We might still be able to save her, break Satore’s control over her, and get her back, but that can wait for another day. You won’t be any good to anyone if you work yourself into an early grave.”

“Aye,” Gene replied woodenly, pushing away from the desk. “Yer right. My mind is fried. I’m just spinning my wheels to no effect.” He yawned, and stretched, making his way back to his wheelchair, his strength nearly giving out. “Okay, let’s go to bed.” Following the blonde out of the lab, he glanced back one last time. Fine. I’m calling it a night. But I’m not giving up on this. Rose, lass... I dinnae care what it takes, I’ll save you from this. I dinnae give up on you all those years ago, and I willnae give up on you now.

* * *

“C’mon kid, just give it up already!” Psywave yelled out, both hands outstretched, sending out waves of telekinetic force at her victim, squeezing tightly even as she struggled back, fighting being crushed. “You’re tough, but my powers are way stronger than yours! If you beg nicely, I might even consider not squishing you!”

Luminaire, the Light of Justice, managed a shaky laugh, focused intently on keeping the psychokinetic energy field surrounding her from tightening any closer around her. “Hey... Psywave... do I look like... I was born... yesterday? We both know... you wouldn’t hes... hesitate,” she managed, wincing as her chest compressed a bit more, forcing the breath from her lungs, “to simply crush me... if you... had the chance!”

“Well, I guess it sucks to me you then,” Brawnya taunted her, “because my partner here has means, motive and opportunity to do so right now! And frankly, after the last few times we crossed paths, I only wish I had the ability to crush you flat myself!” She sighed dramatically. “Ah, well. Guess I’ll just have to settle for pounding your little nerdy friend’s face into a pulp instead,” she replied with vindictive pleasure, holding a moaning, semi-conscious Techna by the throat.

Luminaire flared hotly, her light glowing dramatically. “Don’t even THINK about it, Brawnya!” Katie growled. “You hurt... a single hair... on her... head... and I swear I’ll—”

“Oh, don’t worry, glow stick,” the russet haired villainess said with a chuckle, “I’ll leave her hair alone. It’s all the body parts beneath her hair that are about to get pulverized!” Rearing back to deliver a brutal punch, Brawnya gasped aloud, a sudden chill causing her to freeze, literally, in place. Glancing down, she found that her entire body, from her next down, had been covered in a thin sheet of ice. “AAAAAAHHHHH! What the fuck?!?” she yelled, struggling, trying to break free.

“Sorry, Brawnya,” a blue and silver clad woman announced, her long platinum blonde hair blowing lightly in the wind, “but I can’t stand by and watch you hurt someone who’s defenseless.” Glacia smirked, her blue painted lips twisting into a smirk. “Sorry if my approach leaves you a bit... cold.”

“Shit! Brawnya!” Psywave roared, releasing her focus on Luminaire to rush to her partner’s aid. “Hey! Ice Cube! You’d better defrost my partner right now,” she yelled, wrapping the Ice goddess in a sphere of telekinetic force, “or I’m going to spread your guts all along Fifth Street!”

“I don’t think so,” Tone called out calmly, stepping out from a side alleyway. Gesturing with her hands, a section of earth underneath the spandex clad woman exploded upwards, knocking her off her feet. Psywave managed a short startled cry before she landed, hard, on her back, smacking her head against the side of a building. Groaning, seeing stars, she slowly slid back down the wall, her focus over her powers totally disrupted. Satisfied, Tone stamped a booted foot down, causing the upraised ground to smooth out, returning to its previous shape, before walking over to the downed villainess.

“Don’t worry, Valkyrie,” Astrid said to her partner, freed from her telekinetic grip, “I’ve got this.” Holding out a hand, she sent a wave of intense cold at the remaining villainess, covering her from the neck down in a sheet of ice. “That should keep her from getting free until the police come.” Walking back over to the other two heroines, she knelt down to one knee, helping Techna back to her feet. “Are you two okay? We saw the light show when we were on patrol...”

“Thanks... I’ll live,” Megan replied wearily, shaking her head. “That brunette sure packs a punch. You’d expect the big stout one to hit hard, but its always a surprise when the smaller one tags you. I should have guessed, though... it’s always the ones you never suspect...”

“How about you, Mist... er, Miss Luminaire?” Valkyrie asked the golden haired heroine as she sat up. “Are you injured? Hurt in any way?”

“I’m fine,” Katie replied, cracking her knuckles briefly, “though I’ll probably be sore in the morning. For now, though,” she said, pointing a glowing hand towards the iced over villainesses, “I’m just happen to have two new converts. I’ll feel a lot better once these two are on our side.”

“Wait... what are you doing?” Glacia asked, frowning, spying the heroine aiming for the helpless girls. “Wait! Luminaire? NO!” she cried out in shock as the blonde sent two darkly glowing orbs at the two women. Immediately, their screams rang out, their faces expressing their torment even as their bodies were motionless, frozen in place. The Ice princess watched in shocked disbelief, not only at the supposed Light of Justice taking potshots at two helpless defeated victims, but that neither of the other two heroines seemed in any way concerned. Both villains managed one final epic scream before gasping, shuddering, and hanging their heads, seemingly unconscious. “No...” Astrid said in horror shaking her head. “What did you do?” She glared at Luminaire. “Did you... did you just kill them?”

“What? No, of course not!” Katie said dismissively. “I just altered their world view slightly... shifted their priorities a bit, and made them both into loyal, law abiding citizens.” She shrugged, gesturing with her hands, sending a wave of warm sunlight forward, melting their ice prisons. “You know, serving and protecting...”

“That... that was HARDLY serving and protecting! " Astrid growled, hands clenched tightly. “You brainwashed them? You... you can’t do that! It’s not right! We should take them in, turn them into the police—”

“At which point they would promptly escape to create more havoc,” Megan argued, shaking her head. “No, I agree with Luminaire. Better to do it this way, now, while we have the chance.”

Astrid gaped at the brunette. “But... but that’s illegal!” she protested. “Not to mention immoral! I know they’re criminals, but even they have rights! You’re talking about messing with people’s minds, their free will!”

Katie frowned slightly. “Free will? Really? You froze both of them, encased them physically in ice... and you’re complaining about me messing with their heads?” She shook her head. “Ever hear of hypothermia? You could have froze them to death!”

Now Astrid’s expression darkened. “Hey! That’s not fair! I have full control over my ice,” she protested. “I can create an inner layer of fairly warm permafrost against the person’s body and cover THAT layer with actual ice to make it more solid. Besides which, it’s the middle of summer—at best my ice would last five to ten minutes before it melted anyway, just long enough for the police to arrive and take over! And anyway, you create light brighter and hotter than the sun, and you manage to blast enemies without frying them!“

Katie smirked, nodding slightly. “You make a good point, Glacia,” she said, creating a shining yellow orb of light. “Still, the fact remains that you seem to have a problem with my methods. And, well, as the saying goes,” she stated, the orb shrinking, darkening into a form similar to what she used on the two super villains, “if you’re not with me, you’re against me!”

Astrid gasped, diving sharply to the side, barely avoiding the suddenly active orb, lashing out reflexively with a blast of ice. Luminaire let out a gasp as the wave of intense cold swept over her, freezing her solid in block of ice. “Mistress!” Techna cried suddenly, turning, rounding on the ice wielding blonde. “You bitch!” she yelled, pulling a small gun shaped device from her belt. Not wanting to give her the chance to use it, however, Glacia struck again, sending a wave of subzero air at the brunette. Techna yelped, dropping the device, now frozen solid, which shattered on impact with the ground. Scowling, she moved as if to approach the ice maiden only to wince away as a cloud of intense cold surrounded her.

“Techna, please, I do not wish to fight you,” Astrid said in warning, backing away slowly. “I know this is not your doing... that you are somehow being controlled by Luminaire. But I cannot allow this to happen.” Tapping her communicator, she called the police emergency number, summoning them. “The police should be here any time, and we can figure this ou—aaaahhhH!” she yelled, finding her legs caught, encased in stone. She glanced over to her left, accusingly, at her partner. Tone stood silently, a hand outstretched, controlling the ground beneath her feet, keeping Glacia stuck in position. “Valkyrie? What are you... oh, no! No! She got to you as well?”

“’Got to me’? The way you speak, you make it sound as If I have turned traitor,” the Nordic goddess replied calmly. “If anything, Glacia, it’s YOU who is the traitor here! My Goddess is merely doing what is right and good, and you attacked her!” She scowled, fists glowing slightly with barely restrained power. “For that, I SHOULD smash you into the ground,” she said tersely, making her platinum blonde friend blink in surprise and fear, “but... my Goddess has need of Supers, particularly ones of your strength and convictions. Plus,” she added, gesturing to the brightly glowing ice block containing Luminaire, “she is more than capable of taking care of herself.”

“Brrr... that was brisk,” Katie said with a smirk, stepping out of the melted pile of slush that had been her prison. “I have to apologize, Glacia. You were right. Even stuck within three feet of solid ice, it wasn’t nearly as cold as I’d expected.” She gestured again, creating another black floating orb of light. Astrid winced, knowing what was coming, trying desperately to move, despite her legs being held by terra firma. She launched more ice, but Katie, expecting as much, merely extended her glow, the heat from which melted the ice before it could even form around her. “No use struggling, Astrid,” she said gently, pointing a hand towards her. “And don’t worry. This won’t hurt a bit. In fact, I’m positive that you’ll really enjoy it...”

“Luminaire! Please!” Astrid begged as her doom approached her slowly, inevitably. “Don’t do this! Please! I... nooooo! Aaaahhhhh!” she screamed as she was struck. A violent shudder ran through her as Katie’s power flowed through her mind. She fought, she resisted, she gave her all to stop the corruption of her very being. The struggle seemed to go on for an eternity, though it lasted only a few seconds. All too soon, the platinum blonde let out a deep earthy moan, sinking to her knees. When the black inky darkness faded from her eyes, she glanced up at Luminai—no, at her Mistress, her Owner and Lady. A soft contented smile graced her lips. “Thank you, Mistress Supernova,” she said humbly, devotion dripping from every syllable. “Thank you for showing me the Light.“