The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Kiss From A Rose

By J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

* * *

Ch.6) Walking On A Thin Line

Eugene Frasier continued staring at his monitor even as Eva and the others cheered gleefully at the radio transmission from their operative. Never one to accept things at face value, he narrowed the visual range of his satellite view, zooming in on the site. Henry Matthews was a reliable operative, but he’d sounded strange there at the end. It didn’t help matters that Randall had had to call him three times to get him to take the shots.

Shots? Plural? Wait a second.

A chill ran down his mostly non-working spine. Even as his system repositioned, moving to the locations of the snipers, he keyed his microphone. “Op Two and Op Three, report in,” he barked loudly, catching the others’ attention. “Op Two. Randall. Report in!” he growled.

“Eugene? What is it?” Nigel asked, walking up to stand beside the wheelchair bound Scotsman. “I thought this was done. We heard the shot, and Matthews gave the confirmation.”

“Matthews was turned,” Eugene said bitterly, gesturing to the monitor as it zeroed in, highlighting two dead bodies lying sprawled at their vantage points. “I don’t know when, or how... but Satore got to him! He took out his own team instead of the target!” He shook his head, seething. “I don’t understand! How? HOW? I did extensive background checks on all of them. None of them have ever been in contact with Satore, and have been out of the country the past month. There’s no way they could have crossed paths! And they were stationed half a mile from the site, making sure they had no direct contact with her! All he had to do was keep her in his sights to make sure she didn’t run before given the green light—”

“In his sights...” Eva cut in, her face going pale. “Oh... oh my goddess! That’s it! He was staring at her the entire time!” She closed her eyes, shaking her head. “I... I forgot about that. Goddess Aphrodite’s glamour... just looking at her beauty can entrance a person and bend them to her will. Parker experienced it himself when he first met her face to face before she even converted him.”

“Yes, I remember,” Ana nodded to her sister. “But still, how could she do that from half a mile away? I thought she had to be close enough to talk to the person to be able to entrance them?”

Gene sighed, shrugging. “Who knows? Her power comes from her followers. Maybe her powers have grown to the point where she can influence people that way. All I do know is that Matthews turned on his own team, and then sprinted down to join Satore at her vehicle,” he stated, pointing at the display. Moments later, the car took off, heading for the closest overpass, where it slid underneath, vanishing from view.

“So,” Nigel said shortly, “to recap... not only did your snipers not take out their target, one of them went rouge and took out the other two, then joined the target and helped her get away. So, in essence, not only is she still walking around free, but you’ve provided her with another loyal servant who just happens to be the best sharpshooter we had!”

“Dammit, man, I’m doing the best I can,” Eugene growled. “I couldnae predicted she’d be able to capture a person’s mind from a single glance from half a mile away! I’ve taken every single precaution I could possible take.”

“Oh? Have you?” Nigel countered, asking him pointedly. “I don’t question your methods, Eugene... just your priorities. You set up a rather complex and elaborate plan to separate your precious Rose from her new Mistress BEFORE taking her down, and set it up to take Rose captive, unharmed. I’d like to think that if you’d given the part of your plan to take Satore out half as much attention, she’d be six feet under right now.”

“Master, that’s... kind of harsh,” Constance said, placing a hand lightly on Nigel’s arm. “Of course, he’s worried about Rose. If you were in his shoes, and one of us had been taken by that witch, surely you’d do everything in your power to try and get us back?”

Nigel had the good grace to look contrite. “Okay, granted,” he said after a moment, “but I’m not Eugene. I’m not the hero here. If I were in his position, I wouldn’t be playing with kid gloves.”

“Kid gloves?!?” Gene replied with a scowl. “Lad, yer idea was to take them out from afar with an aerial drone launch that would have decimated an entire city block!”

“Acceptable losses,” Nigel replied unabashedly, “under the circumstances. We’re talking about a woman capable of enslaving this entire world if left unchecked!” He shook his head. “Look, Eugene. I sympathize with you, I really do. And yes, it’s easy to criticize when you’re not the one making the hard choices. But you have to look at the big picture here. Rose is lost to you. Maybe you can get the old her back if you stop Satore once and for all. Maybe things can go back to the way they were when this is over and done with. But that definitely won’t come about until you put Satore down for good.”

Eugene hung his head, sighing deeply. “Yer right, Nigel... blast yer hide, yer right. Despite everything, I’m still pulling my punches because its Rose in the crosshairs. But I cannae be selfish here. I have to be willing to do whatever it takes...” Closing his eyes for the moment, he considered. “Nigel... suppose there was a way to ensure Satore was no longer a threat to anyone WITHOUT killing her?”

Intrigued, he nodded. “That would be ideal, yes. Why? Do you have something specific in mind?”

“Aye. My ‘final option’,” he said grimly. “It’s a little something I’ve worked on for the past several years, now and again, but recently perfected. With your help, actually,” he added with a small smile.

“That’s funny. I don’t recall helping you with any weapons of mass destruction,” the reformed mogul smirked. “Still, you have my attention. What is it?”

“It’s a serum,” Eva replied with a scowl, glaring at both men. “A specially engineered serum created to de-power a Super, permanently. It’s what he used again Duncan. Of course, it didn’t simply depower him, it melted him into a puddle of ooze!” She frowned. “‘Final solution’, indeed.”

“That wasnae the way it was supposed to work, mind,” Gene replied dismissively. “Ten CC’s would have been sufficient, but I injected Duncan with the entire vial.” He sighed softly. “Under normal circumstances, it would work precisely as it was designed. The serum is genetically based on Maddison Jeffries, otherwise known as Siphon. Her power drains the energy and special abilities of others Supers in her range. The serum can channel that effect into a Super’s body, and neutralize their powers. And by combining it with a sample of the psychoactive recombinant you gave me to use against Duncan, I was able to stabilize the effect and make it permanent.”

Nigel nodded. “I see. Well, lethal or non-lethal, it does provide a powerful weapon to use against Satore... but I don’t see how that helps us now in our current situation.”

“Well, I have some ideas on that,” Gene replied, nodding to himself. “For the moment, however, we need to focus on finding her.” Closing the current view, he brought up the video feed of the holding cell containing the unconscious Ghost Girl.

“Wait, Ghost Girl?” Ana asked, frowning slightly. “You were just saying that you needed to find Goddess Aphrodite. Why are you focusing on Rose?”

“Because the goddess and her High Priestess are psychically linked,” Eva answered, nodding in appreciation. “And by now she has to know that Rose has been captured.”

“Aye,” Gene said, gathering himself. “And the best way to draw Satore out is to begin by dealing with her minions...”

* * *

Parker, Roni and Lucy drove along in silence. The trip home from Disneyland had been a solemn one. Veronica continued to stare out the window at the scenery whizzing by, letting her mind wander back to the conversation they’d had only hours ago...

They’d just returned to their hotel to pack up their belongings and check out. Things had been tense since leaving the park, and Veronica couldn’t quite shake off the uncomfortable feeling that seemed to stay with her since the phone call. Worse, she’d been feeling irritable and out of sorts, particularly around her husband, despite her best efforts. When Parker touched her lightly on the shoulder, merely to ask her a question, she snapped.

“Dammit, Parker, will you stop TOUCHING me all the fucking time?!?” she yelled in a much harsher voice than intended. Parker gaped at her, stunned. “I... I’m sorry,” Roni said a moment later, blushing hotly. “I didn’t mean to snap... I just... it’s...” Parker moved to pull her into a hug, but she quickly sidestepped. “That’s what I meant!” she growled again. “Stop. Just... stop, okay?”

Parker growled in frustration. “Okay. I’ve tried to give you your space to figure out what’s going on with you, but this is getting out of hand. What’s going on here, Roni? I thought Satore’s magic didn’t have any effect on you?”

Roni sighed, looking away. “It didn’t turn me, if that’s what you’re concerned about. But it... it did have an effect.” She sighed softly, trying to find the right words . “Parker... you know how I feel about you. I love you. And that will never ever change.” She sighed softly. “But... ever since that phone call, since Satore did whatever she did... Parker, I’m a lesbian.“

“Yes, I know. I’ve known for years,” he pointed out. “It was always a point of contention between us back in college...” he frown, drawing silent as the implications of her words finally registered. “Wait... you said am a lesbian not was a lesbian. And that’s why you’ve been stiffening up or pulling away whenever I try and get close to you?!?“

“It’s not like I WANT to react that way?” Roni shot back heatedly. “Yes, I know this is hard on you... but look at it from my point of view. Just this morning we had sex... and it was good, great, wonderful, exquisite! But now... just the thought of being with you... that way... it makes me want to vomit!”

“Yeah, thanks for that,” Parker said with a scowl. “It makes me feel MUCH better.”

“What I’m TRYING to say,” Roni growled back, “is that as bad as this is for you, its twice as bad for me! It’s like suddenly becoming allergic to my most favorite food, and not being able to eat it anymore. And on top of my own anger and frustration, I feel guilty about the way its affecting you!”

Parker sighed deeply. “I know. And I’m sorry. What.. what can I do to make this easier on you?”

“Nothing,” she replied bitterly, resuming her packing. “There’s nothing either of us can do...”

Roni snapped back to the present at the feeling of her husband’s hand on her shoulder. She tensed, again, as a reflex, and Parker sighed, withdrawing his hand. “It’s not my fault,” Roni said tersely. “It’s a reflex.”

“I didn’t say it was your fault,” Parker replied, just as annoyed. “I know you’re upset... and trying to comfort and reassure my wife is just a reflex for me.”

“Well, stop it,” she replied sharply. “I don’t need either your comfort or your reassurances. I’m just fine, alright?”

“Fine, then!” Parker snapped. “Far be it for me to show some actual concern about someone else!” In the back seat, Lucy, who had been sniffling softly, suddenly burst into tears. “Oh great! Perfect!” Parker groaned, glaring at his wife. “Now do you see what you did?”

“Me?” Roni shouted back, furious. “You’re saying this is my fault?!?”

“Waaahhh!” Lucy wailed, shaking her head, tears streaming. “I... I’m sorry... mommy... daddy.. please stop fighting... please stop... I’m sorry!”

Both parents gaped in surprise at the outburst, and Parker pulled off to the side of the road, putting the car in park. “Lucy, baby... shhhh it’s okay,” Roni said gently, turning around to take her daughter’s hands, while Parker gently wiped the tears from her face. “It’s okay, baby, honest. Just tell us why you’re crying.”

Lucy nodded sadly, sniffling. “’Cause... yer gonna get a... ‘deeborce’, just like Randy Miller’s parents...” she managed, through her sobs. “You’re fightin’.. and it’s all my fault... ’cause I got mad and used my powers on that mean girl and those mean people.. even though you tol’ me never to use my powers like that... and then the Disney people got mad and we had to leave... and now you and daddy are mad and fightin’... and it’s all my faaaaulllt!” She shuddered pitifully. “I’m really sorry... I promise, I’ll be good for now on... just please don’t get a ‘deeborce’...”

Parker and Veronica glanced at each other guiltily. Until now, they hadn’t noticed how much their fighting had been affecting their daughter. “Oh, baby, no,” Parker replied softly, shaking his head. “This isn’t your fault at all. This has nothing to do with what happened with those people at the park, okay? The reason we’re upset, and the reason we had to go home is because a very bad woman tried to do something bad to mommy.”

Veronica nodded. “That’s right, sweetie. The bad woman... she has special powers like we do. She tried to use her powers to make mommy leave and not come back. Luckily, it didn’t work... but it DID hurt mommy inside. So even though mommy doesn’t mean to, she keeps making daddy sad by accident.” She gave Parker a sidelong glance, and he nodded, giving her a wan smile. “But again, baby, this isn’t because of you. And no, we’re not getting a divorce.”

Lucy sniffled, wiping her eyes. “You promise?”

“We promise,” Roni said, staring into her husband’s eyes.

Parker sighed, nodding as well. Once Lucy was reassured, he brought them back up onto the road. «Well, Roni,» he thought at her telepathically, knowing she would hear him, «That tears it. This has to end. I can’t let you and Lucy suffer like this anymore. It’s time. No more running and hiding. It’s time for me to face her head on.»

«But Parker, do you really think that will do any good?» Roni asked, concerned. «I’d like to kick her ass too... but if she can do this to me over the phone, I hate to see what she’s capable of in person. Besides,» she thought dismally, «what if you beat her again, and it doesn’t fix anything? What if I stay like... this?»

«Then at least we’ll have the satisfaction of knowing she won’t be able to do this to anyone else,» he thought back fiercely. «Either way, I’m not going to let this go on. As soon as we reach River City, I’m calling her out. One way or another, this is going to end.»

* * *

Rosella groaned softly, opening her eyes. She took note of her surroundings, recalling all too well how she’d ended up that way. A familiar weight hung from her neck—a power dampening collar, similar to the one she wore when she first woke up in that hospital all those years ago. Rather than be upset or angry, she merely stood up, moved to the center of the room, and sat down on the floor, assumed a lotus position. Sighing softly, she closed her eyes and cleared her mind, focusing not on simple peace or relaxation, but on the source of her strength and resolve: her Goddess.

“I see you’re awake.”

Rosella groaned loudly, cracking open an eye. “Great. So much for a chance to meditate,” she grumbled. The video monitor on the wall in front of her showed the unwanted visage of her old Master. Sighing inwardly, she sat there, staring at him, saying nothing.

“How are you feeling Rose? Any problems or complications?” Silence. “Rose? Rose?” Nothing. “Dammit, Rose, you can’t ignore me forever!”

The corner of her face twisted into a slight smile, no doubt delighted at having made him lose his composure. “I’m not ignoring you,” she stated simply, “I am simply not responding to that name anymore. My name is now Rosella,”she clarified, “the name given to me by my Goddess.”

Eugene grunted slightly at that. “Yes. Very well. Rosella. I trust that you are doing okay? You were slightly injured in your fight with Solo, and I had the doctors tend to your wounds, such as they were.” Rosella shrugged, causing him to frown. “Oh, and in case you were interested,” he added with an edge, “Solo is doing okay, as well. Your little explosion hit him pretty hard... he has a broken arm and some cracked ribs, and a possible concussion... but nothing serious or life threatening.”

Rosella shrugged again. “I wasn’t really interested, actually. If I hadn’t used that little surprise, I might very well be the one with broken bones and a concussion.”

“Only if you’d continued fighting back,” Gene replied. “Solo was sent just to detain you, to slow you down, until the guards caught up with you. He was told to use ‘kid gloves’ handling you. As it stands, the few injuries you received were because you tried to force your way past him.”

“Fine. I’ll concede that point,” Rosella admitted, closing her eyes again. “Not that it did any good in the end.” She sighed deeply. “So. You have me. I’m your prisoner. What is it you hope to accomplish? What do you want?”

“The same thing I’ve always wanted for you, Rose. I want to help you.”

Her eyes snapped open again. “It’s Rosella. And if you really want to HELP me, you’ll tell me where Chloe is, and let us both go.”

Gene sighed. “You know I can’t do that, lass.”

“Can’t? Or won’t?” she spat.

“Does it really matter? I won’t allow you to see her, lass.”

“Why not?” Rosella asked, plainly, rising to her feet. “Do you truly hate me that much? Did leaving you and getting a new Mistress piss you off so much that you want to punish me? I can heal Chloe now! Goddess Aphrodite’s love flows through me, strengthens me, empowers me. I can do what YOU never could—fix Chloe’s mind and body, and give her back her life!” Seeing Eugene’s stricken look, she softened slightly. “Okay. I’m sorry. That came out wrong. I... I didn’t mean to make it seem like you haven’t been trying everything you could to try and help her. I know that. And I appreciate it. Really, I do.”

* * *

Rosella paced slowly back and forth. “I appreciate everything you’ve done for me over the years,” she said softly. “I know I’ve come across as ungrateful and callous... but I honestly appreciate everything you’ve done for me. And it’s only now, freed from your slavery, serving in the collar of another, that I can see clearly how much you did for me. And for Chloe. Without your help we both would have been dead long ago, or even worse off than dead. And... you obviously care for me, or you wouldn’t have gone to such extraordinary lengths to try and save me.” She sighed, closing her eyes. “But Eugene... I don’t need saving anymore. I’m perfectly fine where I am now. And I’m honestly HAPPY with Goddess Aphrodite. Can you understand that?”

Eugene sighed heavily. “I do. I do understand how you feel. And... thank you for those words. It does help a mite, knowing I didn’t completely screw up yer life. But even so... even if you ARE happy with Satore... it doesn’t absolve me of my responsibility to you. Satore has you under her spell. You’re her obedient, loving, brainwashed slave. Even if your feelings of happiness and contentment are truly real, you have no real say so in the matter! Nigel’s girls loved him just as deeply as you love yer new Mistress... but that love and devotion was forced on them. It wasn’t until that control over them was broken, and they were allowed to express the full range of their feelings that their love for him became genuine. And they’ve all become closer for it.”

“So... what? Are you saying that my Goddess should free us, free all her slaves, and let us choose to serve her?” Rosella replied, frowning. “The problem with that is that like a lot of people, we don’t always know what’s best for us. Before Goddess Aphrodite took me, made me her High Priestess, I admit I was scared. I didn’t WANT to become her servant, her slave. It wasn’t until I actually experienced the bliss of belonging to her that I knew it was the right thing.” She shook her head. “I don’t care if its right or wrong. I don’t care how it happened. I don’t want to lose what I have with Her.”

“Even if what you have is all just a lie? You asked me a moment ago if I hated you...if the things you’ve said and done make me regret everything that passed between us.” He shook his head. “No, Rose... Rosella... I don’t hate you. I could never hate you, despite all of this. I understand why you felt you had to go to such extremes.” His expression hardened. “I can accept how you feel. I can even accept that this is what you truly want, in your heart of hearts. Nevertheless, I can’t let you give Satore yet another powerful Super, especially one as powerful as Ampere!”

Rosella sighed. “And... and if I promised not to convert her? To ONLY heal her and restore her mind?”

Eugene shook his head. “Nae. I’m sorry. Rose, I could have trusted. Rose, I would have believed in an instant. Rosella, however... I simply can’t trust you. Because when it all boils down, you have no choice in the matter! What I want, even what you want, simple pales in comparison to whatever your so-called Goddess desires.” He sighed softly. “No. For the moment at least, you’re both staying where you are until I know I can trust you.” He sighed deeply. “But... perhaps if your Goddess felt like talking things over, you can pass on the message to her. Give her my private cell number...you know the one. I had it switched to a burner cell. Maybe its time we talked face to face.” The video screen went dead, leaving Rosella alone with her thoughts.

* * *

“So, you’re back,” Amber said brightly, glancing up as Julie entered the kitchen. “How was the trip? Did you have fun?”

Julie nodded, walking around the table to sit next to her. “Yeah. It was nice getting to see my mom again. I had a great time.” She smiled wider, her face taking on a dreamy quality. “Yeah... it was a really nice time.”

Amber chuckled, shaking her head. “Uh oh. I know that look. You met someone on your trip, didn’t you?”

Julie had the good grace to blush. “Yeah... you could say that. Oh! I also met up with an old friend while I was there. Remember Ghost Girl? I told you about her, right, when we went to Texas to find Jimmy...”

“Oh, yeah... how is she? Doing okay?”

“She sure is,” Julie stated, nodding slightly. “So, anyway... what’s been going on here? What did I miss while I was away?”

“Oh, not much. Everything’s been pretty quiet since that succubus incident, and Emily and I are still planning our wedding.” She sighed softly in contentment. “I’m so looking forward to this! I know, I know... we’ve been together all this time, and nothing will really change... but I’m really looking forward to us taking this step, making a real, honest and binding commitment to the woman I love.”

“Aww,” Julie said, sincerely, reaching out to take Amber’s hands, clutching them gently. “Girl, that is beautiful. And so sweet.” She smiled softly. “Emily is one very lucky woman.” Amber blushed softly. “And while I’d never wish to come between a bride-to-be and her intended,” she said huskily, leaning forward, “I can’t resist sneaking just one kiss.”

Amber grinned, leaning forward. Julie had been one of her oldest friends, and had always been very close. In fact, if not for a very special night a few years ago when Amber and Emily had gotten locked into a vault together by a supervillain and connected, it might have very well have been Julie that she was spending the rest of he life with. The dark skinned girl was a close friend and confidant, as well as a trusted teammate. So, of course, she had no reason to be concerned, when her friend leaned forward for a little kiss.

A soft gasp escaped her lips as Amber’s eyes went wide. A tingle ran through her, then a shudder, as a wave of unexpected pleasure swept through her. “Wh... what... ooh... mmmm,” she managed as the pleasure blossomed, increasing as Jette deepened the kiss, pulling her into a deep embrace, letting her hands wander lower, stroking and squeezing a breast before delving lower, sliding deftly underneath the waistband of Amber’s pants.

“That’s it, sweetie,” Julie cooed softly, teasing her helpless victim’s sex, bringing her closer and closer to that sweet mind-bending, life-changing climax. “Just relax and enjoy it. I promise,” she said huskily, her own arousal skyrocketing as she drew her teammate closer and closer to her finish. Pressing her lips against Amber’s once more, she nearly swooned, as she felt it... felt her Goddess’ power flow through her and into her teammate, When Amber began to glow with a soft pale light, signifying the change, Julie actually DID cum right along with her.

“Aaaaahhh... mmmmm... oohhhh goddesss...” two voice cried out together, clutching each other, basking for a moment in the afterglow before separating. Amber nodded softly, panting, a grand smile on her face. “Ooh, wow... that was... amazing,” she stated. “I can feel it... feel Her, inside me.”

“Yes,” Julie replied serenely. “You feel Her gift... her Love. And we’ll spread the gift of Her Love to the rest of our friends. But... we have to be careful. Our Goddess has powerful enemies, and those that don’t understand Her gifts would resist and fight against us. So, for now, just act as if everything is normal, okay?”

“Of course, Sister Julie,” Amber replied, nodding in serenity. “I understand perfectly.”

* * *

Venus Satore stared out the window for a moment before smiling. Ah. I see. Another errant sheep has joined the fold... and this one is a Super. Interesting. I can feel her power flowing through me, strengthening me. Mmmm... yes. I want more of this. I need more Supers under my sway.

“Is something wrong, my Goddess?” Henry Matthews asked, sitting up from his spot on the bed.

“Yes,” Venus replied, a slight frown marring her beautiful face, “there is much that is wrong right now, but for the moment, I’m satisfied.” Walking naked across the room, her bare skin glinting in the light, she moved to join her lover back in bed. “Well, perhaps ‘satisfied’ was the wrong choice of words,” she said with a giggle, stroking the ex-sergeant’s hardness, feeling it respond to her touch. “Still, until I can find a way to free my High Priestess from her captivity, you make a very good bodyguard.” She paused, considering.

“Still, there is one thing I’d like to try,” she said, bringing her hands up to his chest. “I sensed it earlier, Henry... a power dwelling deep inside you. Buried, hidden, but definitely there. I’d like to see if I can bring it to the surface...”

The sniper blinked. “Power? Forgive me for doubting you, Goddess Aphrodite, but I don’t have any special powers or anything. I’m just a normal person. But, um, you can do anything to me that you like, ma’am.”

Venus smirked. “Yes, I know,” she replied blithely, focusing her powers inwardly before sending a pulse directly through the young man’s chest. This will drain quite a bit of that new energy I just received, she thought in resignation, but if it works, it will definitely make him as useful to me as my lost flower...

Hank, for his part, worked hard not to grunt and moan in ecstasy as his Mistress’ power flowed through him. His cock, already hard simply from her nearness, throbbed uncontrollably, wet with pre-cum, and seconds away from exploding. He had no idea about this ‘mysterious power’ his Goddess said was within him, but he certainly could feel ‘something’ inside him beginning to stir.

“That’s it, pet,” Venus purred softly, her eyes beginning to glow. “Your hidden talent, your power... Let it emerge from within you, and flow forth! Let it explode from within you—”

“Uuurrrgghhhhhh!!” Henry roared, then, cumming hard, his seed shooting out like a fountain, his eyes, too, glowing with a strange pale light. Gasping, panting, he relaxed, going limp on the bed again. Venus sighed, panting a bit herself from the effort. Shaking her head, to clear it, she glanced down at her thrall.

“So... do you feel any different?” she asked with a smirk. “Aside from being a few quarts low from having cum like a geyser yet again, I mean. Did it work?”

Hank nodded slowly, a slow grin creasing his face. “Yes, my Goddess,” he said with conviction. “I’d say it worked. Thank you for this gift. And I shall use it to serve and protect you with all my ability.”

“Yes, I’m sure you will,” Satore replied with a satisfied now. “I’m quite sure you will.”

* * *

Rosella stirred from her meditation as the metal plate at her door slid open, and a familiar face peered in at her. “Hello Rose,” Dr Perkins said in a friendly yet neutral voice, peering at her through the screen. “How are you feeling today?” Rosella sighed wearily, uncrossing her legs and getting to her feet.

“I’m not ‘Rose’ anymore, Doctor,” she said wearily. “If you have to talk to me, do me the courtesy of calling me by the name my Goddess gave me—Rosella.”

The elderly man shook his head. “I’m sorry, Rose, I can’t do that. I don’t wish to reinforce the hold that your Goddess Aphrodite already has on you.”

Rosella blinked in surprise. “You called her... most of the unconverted, especially those still loyal to Eugene Frasier, call her a witch or a monster.”

Dr. Perkins gave her a sad smile. “I don’t wish to antagonize you or pick a fight with you, Rose. And callous slander and name calling would serve no purpose. Besides, I certainly don’t wish to insult the woman who’s replaced Chloe as the most important person in your life.” Rosella winced slightly, glancing away, guiltily. “I’m right, aren’t I?” Perkins pressed, not wanting to let the subject drop. “Listen Rose... I sympathize with you. You know I do. We’ve had a lot of long talks over the years, you and I. I know all about your past... and why you would go to such lengths to help your friend. But surely you have to know the ends does not justify the means?”

Rosella scowled, glancing back up at him. “So now you’re judging me too, is that it?”

“Not at all,” the doctor replied with a sigh. “I told you that I sympathized with your plight. If I were in your shoes, who knows... I’d probably be locked up in this cell instead of you right now. But still... the thievery, the bloodshed, the friends and comrades betrayed, the people enslaved to that m... that woman that you serve,” he amended with an effort. “And now you plan to ‘help’ Chloe by betraying her as well? By turning her over to your Goddess as her newest slave?”

“N-no!” Rosella protested. “That’s not true! I shared my Goddess’ love with them! And her love is glorious beyond imagining—”

“That may be,” Perkins cut in,” but it wasn’t your place to do so! No matter how you try and dress it up, you took away their minds and wills and turned them into slaves... the same thing the Confectioner did to you all those years ago! Surely you see the irony in that?”

Rosella sighed deeply. She was completely and utterly the Goddess Aphrodite’s loyal devoted slave. She worshiped the ground that she walked on. Even so... there was a small part of her, of the original Rose, that felt guilty about the things she’d done and the choices she’d made. That tiny insignificant part of her, a left over from her previous life, buried and forgotten, once again made its presence felt. The doctor’s words struck true, and she couldn’t deny their truth.

“It... wasn’t suppose to be this way,” she said in a soft barely heard whisper. “I don’t regret becoming my goddess’ thrall—I literally CAN’T regret it! It’s too wonderful, too exquisite. And yet... I do remember the plan I’d hatched before I was... changed. I’d planned to heal Goddess Aphrodite, and convince her, barter, or beg her or guilt trip her into healing Chloe. Then I planned to turn us all back over to Eugene’s care once it was done.” She smiled softly, shaking her head. “I was so careful, I thought I was prepared. I kept us completely separated the entire time, communicating only through video and the intercom system...”

“Then how did she get to you?” Perkins asked, curious.

Rosella shrugged. “She’s a Goddess. Even as weak as she was then, just recovered from her incarceration at the hospital, her voice...” Rosella shuddered in memory. “She... she was in the room, and I was looking at her on the monitor, and she stared right into the camera and told me to come to her.” She chuckled ruefully. “I didn’t even notice I was moving until I blinked and found myself in the room staring her face to face. And, well, after that... the rest is history.”

“I see,” the doctor replied with a sigh. “So, she stole you will, and made you into her thrall—”

“Stole? STOLE?” Rosella laughed again. “How foolish! Henry, I surrendered to her on my own. She’d already demonstrated her power to me, showed me what she was capable of... and yet she gave me a choice. She told me that she would agree to heal Chloe for me, but that she needed followers, worshipers, thralls loyal to her to empower and strengthen her.” She turned to face him again, this time her expression one of pride. “So I gave myself to her, of my own free will. And she gave me what I’d been longing for—true slavery, not this watered down version that Eugene forced me into! I have a strong and dominant Mistress, who will order me, command me, use and abuse me. I love my submission and servitude to her!”

“And I’m sure all the people you’re turned into Aphrodite’s thralls as well feel the same way, right?” Perkins snapped, his frustration showing. “Not that they had any choice in the matter. And now you want to do the same to your best friend, Chloe.”

“I want to HELP her, dammit!” Rosella growled in frustration. “Yes, she’ll be a slave, again, but at least she’d be whole again! Dammit, Henry, you’ve looked after her for twenty years now and she’s not getting any better. This was the only way... the ONLY way... and now that I have what I need to help her, to fix her, you won’t let me!” Despite herself, she felt the tears forming behind her eyes. “You won’t even let me see her... or talk to her...”

Dr, Perkins was silent for several minute before responding. “Well, Rose, it seems that perhaps the man you are so convinced doesn’t care for you at all has a soft spot for you after all. I just received a text from Mr. Frasier. Seems he was listening in on our exchange just now and has decided to let you see Chloe.”

Rosella perked, gasping in surprise. “You mean... I can see her? You’ll take me to her and let me heal her?”

Perkins shook his head. “Calm down a bit, Rose. He’s allowing you to talk to her... at least for now. He hasn’t decided yet on whether to allow you to try and heal her or not, but at the very least, after all you went through, he’s going to let you talk to her.”

Disappointed, Rosella merely nodded. “Fine. It’s more than I expected, actually. So... when do I get to see her?”

“Right now if you like,” Perkins replied with a smile, flipping a switch on the wall. The far wall of Rose’s cell shimmered, becoming transparent. “Chloe has been here with you all this time, in the room next to yours. We brought you to the same facility as her for security purposes, and to make sure that your Goddess couldn’t reach you easily.”

Indeed, on the other side of the glass screen sat the person she’d been seeking. Chloe sat at a small table, a crayon clutched tightly in her rubber clad hands, frowning slightly as she focused on the drawing she was making. In the corner a TV played, ignored for the moment, showing an episode of Phineas and Ferb. Rosella’s breath caught for a moment, and the tears were back, struggling to burst free again. Chloe however, hadn’t noticed her yet, so she walked to the window, and placed her hand against the glass.

“Chloe. Chloe. It’s me,” she said, her voice cracking slightly. “It’s Rosel... Rosie! I’m here for you!”

Chloe turned immediately, jumping up and running to the glass. “ROSIE! Yah! I missed you...” she said, only to pause, frowning. “Wait! You’re not Rosie! Who are you?”

Rosella’s smile faded slightly. Of course. Thanks to the Goddess’ magic, I’ve changed so much she doesn’t recognize me anymore. “It’s me, Chloe. It’s really your Rosie... I’m just... in disguise!” she said, suddenly, inspiration flaring brightly. “I heard that some bad people kidnapped you, and I had to put on a disguise so I could sneak in and rescue you!”

“But... but nobody kidnapped me,” Chloe said, frowning. “The doctors said I was going on a trip and they brought me here, and since I was good, they gave me cake and ice cream and let me stay up late and draw and color as long as I wanted!”

”Rose? Rose, what are you doing?” Dr. Perkins’s voice came through the intercom. “Stop saying things like that. You’re going to upset the poor girl!”

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for, Rosella thought with a grin. “You see, Chloe? Dr. Perkins knows who I am. He’s the one that trapped me and put me in here! See?” she said, showing the collar around her neck. “They captured you and brought you here so I wouldn’t be able to find you... and when I did, they caught me and threw me in here!” She shook her head, glancing around as if desperate. “Chloe, they want to keep us apart forever... they want to take you away from me!”

“Rose!” Perkins’ voice said harshly in disapproval. “Stop this right now! If you continue on this way, I’ll be forced to sedate you, and you won’t be allowed to talk to your friend again this way!”

“You see, Chloe? Dr. Perkins is trying to keep you away from me! He’s a bad man, just like the candy man that did all those bad things to us—”

Abruptly the wall changed again, going completely opaque. Moments later, several orderlies, all armed with tranquilizer guns and tazers, entered the room, with Dr. Perkins himself at the lead. He shook his head in disapproval. “Really Rose. You should be ashamed of yourself. Getting Chloe all worked up like that, trying to make us look like the bad guys in this.” He sighed deeply, gesturing for the two orderlies to approach her. “I’m sorry about this, Rose,” he said, taking out a needle as the two burly men held her arms, restraining her, “but you’ve brought this on yourself.”

Before he could inject her, however, the lights began to flicker. A loud humming sound came from the nearby wall, and as everyone turned, the wall suddenly exploded outward. Several people cried out in alarm, hit with debris, as a very angry Chloe stepped through the hole, body aflame with crackling blue white arcs of electricity. The remains of the thick rubber gloves that had been strapped to her arms dripped steadily onto the floor, leaving little black smudges. Her entire body was aglow with power, and her youthful innocent face showed only complete and absolute fury.

“GET AWAY FROM MY ROSIE!!” she yelled, lashing out, sending arcs of electricity at the orderlies. Rosella, expecting such an attack, rolled out of the way, easily avoiding the barrage, while the others, stunned by the sudden violent appearance, was caught completely off guard. Several cries of pain rang out as the orderlies shuddered, then collapsed, sparks dancing lightly over them. Dr. Perkins, eyes wide, backed away in fear.

“Chloe, please, calm down,” he pleaded with her. “This is a mistake! Please! You have to calm down!”

“NO! NOT A MISTAKE!” she yelled back, her blonde hair fluttering as if in a wind. “YOU TRIED TO HURT ROSIE! You were gonna stick her with that needle!” she yelled, pointing at the syringe still clutched in his hand. “You’re a bad man... just like Rosie said!” Lightning flew forth from her outstretched hand, shocking Perkins, sending him flying back to crash into the far wall, hard. A startled gasp escaped his lips as he slid down it, collapsing onto the floor as well.

“Good girl, Chloe!” Rosella said, getting to her feet, sprinting across the room to slap her hand against the door control, slamming it closed again. “Thank you! You really saved me, sweetie,” she said gently, turning back to the childlike Super. “Okay... I need you to calm down for a bit now, okay? I need you to turn off your electricity so I can touch you. Can you do that for me, sweetie?” Chloe nodded, and with an effort, drew the power back into herself.

“Oh, baby,” Rosella murmured, pulling her into a tight embrace. “I’ve missed you so much. I’m so so sorry for all of this... sorry that these bad people tried to take you away.” She looked into Chloe’s innocent blue eyes. “And I’m sorry, baby,” she whispered, the tears she’d been holding back finally flowing forth. “Sorry that I hurt you so long ago... that I let the bad candy man make me hurt you. But I promise, I’m going to fix it all right now.”

“You will?” Chloe asked, eyes wide. “You’re... gonna make me better?”

“Yes, baby,” Rosella replied, feeling her Goddess’ love flow forth, as she pulled Chloe into a kiss. “Let Rosie kiss it... and make it all better...”