The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Kristine’s Conscience

by Sarhom

Chapter 10 — Final Chapter

An eerie quiet filled the air as the three of us—the curator, Kristine, and I—walked back up towards the main hall.

It was late afternoon, and the museum had closed for the day. The atrium was empty except for a pair of after-hours security guards, one man and one woman. As we passed by, they shivered. I knew that meant Kristine had rewritten their minds, and forcefully.

“I have a bad feeling about this...” I said, softly.

Kristine looked at me, without slowing her pace. Her cheeks were just slightly red. I wished I knew what she was thinking. But after taking a moment to consider, she said, “It should be okay. If there are any other guards, they’ll listen to their sergeant and the curator.”

I nodded at her, but I didn’t feel much better.

“Speaking of which. You’ve got everything ready like I said?”

“Oh, yes, Miss Kristine,” said the curator. She bowed her head in submission, letting her long, braided hair fall along her back. In humble tones, the curator explained to us the steps she’d taken to make sure we’d be able to carry the headdress away from here, no questions asked. The record would show that doubts had been raised about the artifact’s authenticity, and that it had to be taken away off display and sent out for analysis. Even if museum security wasn’t completely under Kristine’s dominion, they wouldn’t try to stop us, the couriers, from removing the item if we had the curator’s permission. In a few days, the curator would report that the “analysis” proved the headdress a fake. After that, no one would miss it.

We arrived at the exhibit room. The headdress still sat in its slightly cracked case. The weaving and twisting colors of the large plumes shimmered airily with the light, creating an almost hypnotic display. I quickly turned away from it and looked around the rest of the room. The security cameras were still recording, but I knew no one would be watching now. And something sat in the corner that hadn’t been here before: A huge padded box. Obviously, for transport.

“There’s still one thing I don’t understand,” I said.

“One thing?” Kristine said, amused.

“How has no one noticed this thing before?” I asked. “On the museum tour, the docent said it was made of bone and ceramic, but that’s obviously not true, just by looking at it. And if it is real feather, there’s no way it could be hundreds of years old. So either people should have been crying fraud from the beginning, or scientists the world over should be shocked by this... preservation. Right?”

The curator answered. “It is magic.”

“Okay...” I said, dubiously. “I’m not doubting that it’s magic, but to everyone else, how did you explain...”

“I heard about the artifact from a university student,” the curator said.

“My friend, Nidia,” Kristine said to me.

“I flew out to examine it myself,” the curator went on. “And when I saw it, I understood. It made understand. Someone owned this, and they had to have it back. So I told the other archeologists not to bother with it, I told them it was nothing of historical interest, just something pretty to attract tourists. But for the rest of the world, I wanted to advertise. I needed the truth to reach the headdress’ rightful owner somehow. So I put its picture in magazines and ads and made a big fuss about this special exhibit. Many came and saw it. Everyone who sees it has to realize it’s no fake. But they also know deep down that it doesn’t belong to them. Not until its rightful owner returned.”

I nodded. “I get it. Pretty smart.”

Kristine raised her eyebrows in confusion. “I’m lost. What do you mean by ‘its rightful owner’?”

“You,” the curator and I said together.

Kristine looked even more confused. “Okay. Well, great, I guess. So can you open the case for me or not?”

The curator took out a large keyring, picked out a key, and unlocked a panel on the wall I hadn’t even noticed. Then she took out a chip card, and inserted it in the slot behind the panel. There was an audible buzz. “You can lift the case now, Miss Kristine,” she said.

Actually, Kristine and I had to work together to lift the case. We picked it up carefully and set it on the ground. So much for security.

“Yours for the taking,” I said.

“All right,” said Kristine. “Here goes nothing, I guess.” She slowly lifted the headdress.

“A-are you sure you don’t want to take it back to the hotel and try there?” I suggested, feeling very nervous all of a sudden.

“I just want to see if I feel any different. Later we can try experimenting with it.” Kristine lowered the hat onto her head.

“Nope, same thing. The only thing I feel is more ridiculous.” Kristine shook her head exaggeratedly from side to side, wearing a silly grin. The feathers shook with the motion in a slightly delayed reaction because of their size and air resistance. But the sight of the headdress on Kristine’s head...

I couldn’t look away. And not because it was funny. Something clicked inside my head, like seeing the hidden image in a magic eye puzzle. I felt like I’d been so conflicted for so long, and suddenly, everything just made sense.

Kristine, apparently, really felt no difference. “No jokes, Josh?” she teased.

“You look like a feather duster,” I said, quickly.

She snorted. “Ok. Well, let’s take it back to the hotel.” Kristine took the headdress off her head, holding it delicately. She looked at it for a moment, unimpressed. Then she gently set it down in the padded box, and put the cover on top. It fit, no problem. Now, the only question was how to physically transport this awkward thing to the hotel.

“I’ll carry it for you,” I found myself saying.

Kristine smiled, surprised but pleased. “Can you carry it by yourself? It’s heavier than it looks.”

I bent with my knees and lifted the bulky thing in both arms. I wobbled a bit, but I could walk with it. I struggle over towards the staircase that led back down to the atrium.

Kristine watched with amusement for a few moments. “Hang on, Josh. You’ll never make it down the stairs.”

This was true. I stopped walking.

“We’re going to need a hand truck,” I heard Kristine say to the curator. “And can you show us where the elevator is? There must be one.” The curator pointed. “Okay, thanks.”

The curator walked away, leaving us behind. I was still clutching the box.

“Josh, you can put that down.”

“Oh. Right.” I put it down.

“Are you okay?”

I contemplated the question. “I think so. What about you?”

“I’m fine.” She took a few steps closer to me, looking me over with a concerned frown for a long moment. “You can relax, you know.”

Suddenly realizing how tense I was, I allowed my shoulders to droop, my posture to loosen up, and my lips to smile. Kristine smiled to. But I could tell she was waiting for me to say something else.

“I’m glad you got the headdress back, Kristine. You handled everything really well today.”

She beamed at me. “Thanks! I feel like I had a breakthrough today. About how to control my power.”

“That’s wonderful! What’s the breakthrough?”

“I just to use it with sense of purpose! Like, if I’m a mission, then my subconscious sticks to that mission. I knew what I came in here for today, and keeping my eyes on that prize made it so I didn’t get distracted by other things! So, in the future, I just need to pick one goal at a time, when we go somewhere, and stick to it. Does that sound okay?”

“Wow. That’s brilliant.” I gave her a big grin.

Kristine laughed softly. “I think that’s the first time you’ve ever approved of one of my plans.”

From a distance, we could hear a set of squeaking wheels—the curator returning soon with the hand truck. But we ignored it to exchange smiles and look into each other’s eyes. I could tell Kristine wanted to kiss me. But I could also tell she wanted me to make the first move.

I kissed Kristine.

The kiss went on for several long moments. I felt oddly indifferent about the whole thing, merely hoping I’d done as Kristine had wanted. Apparently I had. Kristine stood there, stunned, for almost a minute. Eyes closed, wearing a contented, silent smile. The curator arrived with the hand truck, but neither of us wanted to interrupt Kristine, so we just stood there and waited for her to come back down to earth.

“Josh,” she said, when she finally opened her eyes, “thank you. That was amazing. Almost too...” Her bright smile dimmed a shade. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine, Kristine.” I said without needing to think about it. Kristine took a cautious step back, but I stepped forward. I operated on what felt like instinct. Even the words came to my lips without any help from my mind. “I know it’s been hard for you to control your powers. I’ve been watching you struggle so hard. But I really think you’ve come a long way since we’ve, well, since we’ve been together. And I feel like we’ve gotten a lot closer, too. In fact, I think I’m falling in love with you.”

Kristine’s mouth parted slightly, stunned for a second time. I waited a few moments to see what she’d do. Then I realized that what she really wanted was for me to interrupt her train of thought. So I kissed her again. Deeper this time. I wrapped my arms around her, and she pressed her body against mine, savoring the contact.

When we finally broke apart, she gave me the most sweet and beautiful smile I’d ever seen. It lasted for about three and a half seconds. Then her expression suddenly shifted to horror. She pushed me away. “No,” she said. “No-no-no-no-no.” Her hand covered her mouth as started to realize something.

“Kristine, what’s the matter?”

“Stop that. Stop obeying me.”

“Um...?”

Her hands were running through her hair distractedly. She paced back and forth, putting the pieces together. The curator was forgotten.

“You... that...” Kristine said, trying to put into words what she already realized. I realized it the same time she did. Perhaps because she did. “That, that what just happened. That was a fantasy from my mind,” she said. “I’d been daydreaming about that exact thing. Goddammit, Josh! Why are you under my control!?”

“I...”

She waited, but I didn’t know what to say. I could feel her frustration, though. I felt it myself.

“I made you immune!” she said. She clenched her fists tight, and stamped the floor. “Why? Explain it to me.” I had to consider that an order.

“Well, when you burst into my room, you told me to be immune to your powers,” I said, working it out aloud as I went. “But you didn’t tell me to be immune to the headdress. And it seems to have power of its own. It affected the curator without you being there. It affected me. And after seeing it on your head...” I paused to search for words. Kristine obviously wasn’t putting them in my mouth at the moment. “Obeying you just feels right. Like, it’s the obvious thing to do. I don’t know about tribal chieftains or shamans or any of that stuff, but... I guess the headdress showed me what everyone else who comes near you realizes automatically. You’re supposed to be in charge. You’re meant to be.“

Kristine sat on the box, holding her head.

“There’s nothing anyone can do about it, it’s just a fact. I can’t even imagine not giving you what you want anymore,” I realized as I said it. “It’s like, you want something, and I want it too. I feel your desires, and I only want to fulfill them.”

She looked down at the box she was sitting on, and groaned. “Okay, okay. Um...” She closed her eyes tight and spoke slowly. “Josh, I want you to be immune to both the headdress and my own—”

“But you don’t,” I cut her off. She stopped talking and opened her eyes, looking at me. “You might not want me to act like your slave and call you ‘Miss Kristine’, but deep down, there are things you wish I would do, or say, or feel. You do want to control me. Just like you want to control everything else. And I’m perfectly okay with that!”

“Oh, fuck, Josh,” she said. Tears started to form in her eyes. “Yeah, I g-guess I... But you’re only saying that you’re okay with it because I want you to.”

“But it’s true, though.” I stroked her cheek. Yes, I was definitely one of hers now. I still couldn’t deny my emotions, psychically imposed or not. “I really do love you,” I said with conviction.

She closed her eyes and wiped a few tears away. “I love you too,” she said, guiltily.

“Let’s go back to the hotel, Kristine.” I helped her back to her feet.

“Just what I was thinking,” she said with a hollow laugh. “Come on. You push the hand truck, if you’re really my servant.” She started to walk away, without looking at me. I followed her in silence—pushing the hand truck.

She had me do all the talking as we hailed a cab and got out at the hotel without paying for it, and as we grabbed a bellboy to carry the shipping box the rest of the way for us. It no longer mattered who spoke, me or her, because they were her words, either way.

Once we had the huge, luxury room to ourselves, Kristine finally spoke in her own voice.

“I’m so sorry, Josh,” she said.

“It’s okay,” I said. “I really don’t mind.”

“You’re supposed to mind.” She sat on the bed and crossed her arms.

“I’m sad that you’re sad, Kristine. But I don’t really feel upset. If anything, I feel happier. It feels good to admit my feelings for you.”

She gave me a sullen look. My reassurance helped a little, but we both knew I’d say anything to cheer her up. And more. If Kristine wanted me to love her, wanted me to be her adoring boyfriend rather than her subservient slave, then I would. If she wanted me to wait on her hand and foot, I would do that too. I would rearrange my whole psyche for her. Kristine could program me as easily as she’d rewritten the minds of those guards back at the museum, or use me like she’d used Amy or Ida. If only she knew what she wanted.

“I don’t suppose putting the headdress back on would let me free you,” she said, hopelessly.

“The headdress made me yours. I don’t understand exactly, but it seems that you’re destined to rule. Like I said, it’s meant to be.” I felt her want me to sit on the bed next to her, so I did.

“It’s not like I’m some lost tribal princess. My ancestors came over from Europe in the 1800s. All I did was put the headdress on. I didn’t even find the fucking thing, that was Nidia.”

I shrugged. She sighed.

“Whatever,” she said. Kristine turned and looked into my eyes with a mix of longing and guilt. I guess the longing won out. She took my hands in hers, and kissed me again.

We made out on the bed for something like 15 minutes. Kristine was in control of me now, even as she surrendered herself to her romantic fantasies. She unbuttoned my shirt, guided me down onto the bed, and lovingly planted kisses in a line down my chest. Then we flipped positions. I took her clothes off so I could kiss and lick her nipples.

Kristine moaned in pleasure and pulled my head in closer, forcing me up against her soft breasts. I felt a pang of shame go through her as she remembered her control. Fortunately, it vanished quickly. I turned my head sideways, leaning against her bosom to talk. “It’s all right, Kristine. No need to beat yourself up. I love this just as much as you do.”

“Shut up,” she moaned. I was more than happy to comply.

We undressed each other the rest of the way, and then climbed under the covers. My cock hadn’t gotten hard yet, but when Kristine touched it, it sprang to life. She stroked it until it was fully erect, and took me in her mouth. The warm feelings sent shudders up my spine. I ran my fingers through her hair, sensing she would enjoy it. I was right. Her lips hummed around the base of my cock, forcing a groan out of my throat.

Then she popped me out of her mouth and we changed positions. She lay down on the bed, giving me an opportunity to kiss and finger her clit. I loved it because she loved it. It only took a few moments of touching her to make her shudder and whine in bliss. Then she pushed me away.

I moved up to look into her eyes. She gave me a sad smile.

“I want you so bad,” she said in one soft breath.

“You’ve got me,” I said.

“Yeah.” We kissed each other again. Both of us were breathing heavily. “Josh,” she said as she felt my erection and pumped it a few times, “if you weren’t under my power, you’d still want to have sex with me, wouldn’t you?”

“Yes, Kristine,” I said at once.

“Is that a lie?”

“Ah, I don’t know. I can barely think.” I didn’t know if that was from her control, or my own arousal. “Let’s do it anyway.”

She nodded gently.

We held each other under the sheets and I entered her softly. It felt so good. We had both gotten used to rougher stuff recently, the thrill of dominating someone else. But this was different. I made my motions tender and gentle, trying to show her that I really did care, I really did want this. Each thrust sent waves of pleasure up my body, doubly so when I heard sounds of approval from Kristine. After a while, my own whimpering started to drown out hers. The pleasure was overwhelming. Still, the thought of orgasm never crossed my mind. Only Kristine’s pleasure really counted.

We fucked for I don’t know how long. Then we climaxed together. Soon afterwards, we fell asleep, Kristine holding me in her arms. Identical exhausted expressions covered our faces.

The next morning, we woke up together, at the same moment.

“Good morning, Kristine,” I said, feeling happy and refreshed.

“Good morning.” She sat up, rubbing her eyes, and stared at the box for a moment in complete confusion. Then she looked at me. Then she remembered, and her face fell. “Oh. You’re still under my control, aren’t you.”

“Of course. But it’s okay. I love you.”

“No, you don’t. You’re just saying that because you know it’s what I want you to say.” Kristine rolled into a sitting position, facing away from me at the edge of the bed. She pulled the covers around herself, huddling in them. Naturally, I didn’t object to losing them. I did feel cold. The air conditioning was turned up way too high, and the loss of the blankets and Kristine’s warmth against my naked skin made me start to shiver. My comfort was of zero concern to me, though. I only cared about making Kristine happy.

“I do love you. Did you actually command me to say it?” I asked.

She took some time to think. I waited, shivering, for her to answer. At last, she spoke, still facing away from me. “Not on purpose. But you and I both know how my subconscious can take control of my powers. That’s why I went after this stupid thing in the first place.”

Wrapping the blanket like a robe over her naked body, Kristine hopped off the bed and strode over to the box. She pulled the lid off. Raising the headdress to examine it, she said, “If I’m meant to have these powers like you say, why can’t I control them?” I felt like she was asking the headdress, not me. I stayed silent.

While Kristine contemplated, I suddenly realized I should order us breakfast. I picked up the phone on the nightstand.

“Hello, room service? Yes, we’re in room 803. Can we get the strawberry pancakes, and, um...” I covered the receiver. “Kristine, what do you want?”

“The pancakes are for me. Order whatever you like,” she said without taking her eyes off the headdress.

I gulped as I took my hand off the handset. “And... and... actually, make that two strawberry pancakes. Orange juice. Yes, for both. Thanks!” I hung up.

Kristine was now turning the headdress around in her hands, looking at it from all angles, as if trying to find instructions on it somewhere. She didn’t find any. With a long sigh, she put it back on her head.

“Do you feel any different if I’m wearing this thing?” she asked, turning to me.

I shook my head. “Not really. Once you put it on, you’re the chief. It doesn’t matter if you have it on all the time or not.”

She frowned. “Okay. What about... this.” She closed her eyes and focused with all her might. Her face started to go purple from concentration.

“Nope, still the same,” I said.

We didn’t stop there. Kristine spent another quarter hour in the hat, going though mental gymnastics. She asked me for my reaction about once a minute, but I felt always the same.

“Can’t you at least make some wisecrack about what a waste of time this is?” Kristine said in frustration.

“I can if you want me to,” I said, curling up a little to keep my naked body warm. “It’s not a waste of time if you think it’s not, though.”

“Well, nothing’s happening,” she said, tossing the headdress onto the bed in frustration.

“What are you even trying to do?”

“To control my powers, Josh, like we talked about. I want to... not make people do things by accident. I want to rein in my subconscious.”

I nodded, thoughtfully. “But why, though? When your subconscious makes people do things, aren’t those things what you wanted anyway?”

“Yeah, but if people always follow my subconscious directions...” she trailed off, trying to think. I followed up quickly, hoping to convince her. I wanted to make her see that she deserved this gift.

“Well, then, you’ll always get what you want. People will do what you want even before you realize you want it. Why is that a problem? If you desire to control people, you should be allowed to,” I said.

“The real Josh wouldn’t say that,” said Kristine. She hugged her blanket-robe closer to her naked skin. “Okay, so maybe I do secretly want to control every little thing people do. But how can I live like that? I’d be inhuman,” she said, looking at me with a frown.

“Superhuman. And you already are, Kristine. No matter where you go or who you meet, humans will eagerly submit themselves to your superiority.”

I stood up to look her directly in the eye. Yes, I still had no clothes, and the air conditioning was blasting against my frigid skin. I needed to help Kristine move past her negative emotions, her doubt and her guilt. She might not have consciously ordered me to do it, but I knew I had to all the same. Nothing in my life had ever been more important.

“What are you saying?” she asked, feeling the mix of fear and longing that I sensed from her last night.

“You can have anything and everything you want. Embrace it.”

She started to nod in agreement, and I could feel her resolve slipping. But then she stopped. “Well... I can’t have anything. You saw how much trouble I had yesterday, with the cameras.“

“No, I had trouble with the cameras. You conquered. No one can resist you, Kristine. You could walk into the White House right now and take over, and everybody would willingly obey.”

“But I don’t want to take over the White House.”

“Of course not,” I said, simply. “What use are politics to a goddess?”

I knelt in front of her. From this vantage point, I could see through a gap in her blanket-robe that her thighs squeezed close together. Kristine squirmed in her chair. I felt how much she wanted this deep down, how much her ego longed for the power trip to end all power trips. I had to give it to her.

“Please, Kristine,” I said. “Stop with the crisis of conscience. You don’t have to rule the world, but you can rule your world. Make a paradise for yourself wherever you want. Everything you could ever desire, all of it will be yours if you just reach out and take it. You have the power. No one’s stopping you. Be the goddess you were meant to be.” I prostrated myself and kissed her foot. She shivered and let out an audible moan. It made me look up.

“Don’t stop,” she whispered, biting her lip.

“Of course. Anything for you.” I held her ankle gently and started to worship her foot, covering it in wet kisses. She collapsed into a chair, and I lifted her heel so I could suck on each of her toes.

“Now my other foot,” she said. I eagerly switched. I felt such joy as both of us relished the notion of a fully dominant Kristine, a Kristine who had everything and everyone she could ever want lined up to obey her whims. I worshiped the other foot for a few minutes and basked in the feeling of her pleasure. When I sensed she wanted me to stop, I rose to a kneeling position, and looked up.

Kristine shrugged her shoulders and spread her arms. The entire blanket fell to the floor at once, revealing her nakedness. I truly felt like I was in the presence of a goddess.

“Lick me,” she whispered.

Without hesitation I dove forward, burying my head in her delta. I licked up the juices that had started to soak her thighs. Then I lapped at her pussy lips, running my tongue over them luxuriously. I devoted myself to her pleasure and licked circles and spirals over her clit. Her body quaked in orgasm. Dimly I felt my cock throb, but my feelings meant nothing next to hers.

Kristine pushed me away, gasping for breath. She looked down into my eyes. I don’t know what she saw there, but I knew what I felt from her—power, desire, and lust. She reached down and pulled me up by the shoulders. I felt an overwhelming compulsion to kiss her. She kissed back voraciously, forcing her tongue into my mouth. I welcomed the invasion.

She climbed around on the chair, presenting her sopping wet pussy to me. This time we did not take it slow. I fucked her fast and I fucked her hard, just the way I knew she wanted it. She grabbed onto the chair, pushing back against me, her urges spurring me on. Faster, faster, harder, harder. Part of me worried about break the chair with our violent lovemaking, but I didn’t have the choice to slow down. My body was Kristine’s to use now. And use me she did.

Feeling another urge, I reached around her front and squeezed her tits. My thumbs rubbed forcefully against her nipples. She cried out in surprise and delight. “Fuck, Josh. Fuck yeah.”

“This is what your life should be like, my goddess,” I said. A powerful orgasm rocked her body.

I felt myself slow down, but I could still feel the lust within her, telling me not to stop. A wave of willpower from Kristine forced me off her for the moment, though, and down onto my knees with a loud thud. She flipped herself on the chair, spreading her legs again and panting.

I eagerly threw my head back into her crotch. I closed my eyes, happy. Nothing was more important than worshiping my goddess, nothing. Licking, tasting her juices, feeling her twitch and shudder. Another orgasm came over her in waves. Her lust subsided a little more, but I did not stop.

“You’ll never stop me again, will you?” she asked, rhetorically.

“Never, Kristine,” I moaned.

“And you’ll never disagree with me again. Never try to give me advice, or have any independent thoughts of your own...”

“Never. You’re my goddess, and I only live to serve you.” I smiled adoringly up at her, and then went back to her pussy, worshiping her clit.

She moaned, then suddenly got all quiet.

From behind me came a knock at the door. “Room service!”

I turned around on my knees, surprised. Suddenly, I felt a motion from above me. A shadow passed over my eyes, and then something big crashed down onto my forehead.

What...

What the hell was going on? Holy fuck. My mouth tasted like Kristine’s pussy. Holy fuck. Did she enslave me? I fought to piece it all together. She did! We fucked twice! I’d been talking her into becoming a goddess! And then... what happened!? I stood up in blind shock. I started to scream, louder and louder in an uncomprehending panic.

“AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!”

Knockknockknock! “Hello in there? Is everything okay!?” asked the startled woman behind the door.

I heard the sound of a keycard being inserted in the lock. No, no. I needed more time to process. Plus, I was still naked. Staggering towards the door, I spoke louder than I meant to.

“Leave us alone! Just leave everything there, and go away!”

Pause. “Yes sir, Mister Josh!”

The card was removed. The door stayed shut.

I blinked. Cautiously, I reached up to identify the object weighing down on my head. I felt the soft roughness of feathers.

Holy fuck.

I spun around, stumbling on my feet, to look at Kristine. She, too, had no clothes on. Huddled in her chair, she panted for breath, and looked at me in awestruck fear. No time to think. I knew what I had to say.

“Kristine. You will be completely immune to all of my powers. You will be not be forced to obey any command I might give, whether I give it verbally or nonverbally, consciously or unconsciously. Nothing I ever say or do will be ever able to remove or alter this protection, and you will remain immune to my power for the rest of your life, starting right now.”

Kristine nodded softly at me. Then I took off the headdress.

“Holy fuck, Kristine,” I said.

“Oh my god, Josh, I’m so sorry!” Kristine said in a small and quivering voice. “I didn’t know what else to do! You made everything sound like it would be so great, but all I really wanted was you back. And... and... I didn’t mean to m-make you do that stuff last night. And...”

I went over and hugged her. She cried onto my shoulder.

“It’s okay. It’s all over now,” I told her.

She sniffled and kissed me on the cheek. “I should have been stronger,” she said.

“You were strong enough. In the end, you did the right thing.”

“I guess so.”

We held each other for a while. “Now you’re back to normal, though?” she asked.

“I think so. Try ordering me to do something.”

“Kiss me.”

I broke out into an embarrassed grin, but didn’t kiss her.

She nodded in satisfaction. “Now do me.”

I chuckled, considering my options. “Okay, Say: ‘Josh is always right and I should have listened to him from the beginning.’”

She said nothing. We both broke out laughing.

Kristine and I got fully dressed before either of us remembered the pancakes. I opened the door to the hallway. A huge cart sat there, complete with not just pancakes, but waffles, French toast, fruit bowls, croissants, orange juice, apple juice, and Bloody Marys. On the floor next to it lay a crumpled-up uniform once belonging to a female hotel employee.

I stared.

“You told her to leave everything,” Kristine said with a grin. “You’ve got a lot to learn, Josh.“

“Yeah.” I smiled at Kristine. “You’ll teach me?”

“I suppose, if you can stomach keeping me around.”

“Heh.” I scratched the back of my neck. “The truth is, I really do think I’ve been... having feelings for you. It’s a little more complicated to put into words when you have to think for yourself! But... yeah. I’d love you to stay with me.”

Her face lit up, and we kissed. This time it was for real. It was electric. Wow.

“We should get out of this hotel, I think,” said Kristine, smirking slyly.

“Huh? Why’s that? We haven’t even eaten.”

“Well, Josh. Somewhere in this hotel a lot of people are going to be very angry about their missing room service. Someone’s going to want an explanation. They’ll probably want to know about the naked room service waitress wandering the halls, too.”

I blushed. “All right, let’s scram.”

We put away our things hurriedly. The headdress we put back into the box to take with us—no way could we leave that behind. We also grabbed some random food from the cart, because, why not.

Once we were all packed, we headed down to the lobby. Kristine compelled the valet parking attendant to bring us our car right away, while I used my new power to smooth the bill over with the receptionist. About five minutes later, we hit the road. Part of me felt bad about not paying anything during our stay. But then, nobody’s perfect.

* * *