The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Last of the Independents

Chapter 7: Preparing the Tour

“But we’re lost in the Garden of Eden. This fire is burnin’ and it’s out of control. It’s not a problem you can stop, it’s rock n’ roll.”

“Garden of Eden” — Guns N’ Roses

The line wrapped around the theater as everyone stood to be let in. One by one, each received their ticket and was guided to their seat. Sasha gave a low whistle at all the different Christy Reed gear, though it was hard to hear much of anything over the subliminal hum of Christy’s new album leaking out of the headphones almost everyone was wearing as they waited for their special opportunity.

“Most of this was you, you know. Two million copies on the first weekend, and the tour is sold out worldwide. We’re going to have to add a leg in Europe. You keep us busy, young lady,” Jan said with a proud grin.

“Thanks, I guess,” Sasha said, still uneasy at the devotion of the crowd. “Is it like this nationwide?”

“I haven’t been nationwide, but I wouldn’t think so. All of these have been listening to her nonstop for I don’t know how long. They’ve all heard the special tracks over and over again. I bet a few know in their subconscious what they’re in for. The first single’s a number one hit, to boot, so they’re getting it reinforced when they go out, even when they don’t have their CD players with them.” Jan rattled off the statistics with glowing pride.

“I’m not surprised at that part. It’s a good song, and it would be even without Christy’s power. We’ve hit the peak on this one. Christy outdid herself. I guess, maybe, it’s just a little unnerving this close. I’m half expecting Peter to drive by with applause.” Sasha said trembling slightly but mostly in excitement.

“That pig? Oh, let him. Hank’s been itching for something to shoot at,” Jan replied as they went through the stage door.

“All of the passes have been distributed,” one of the maids reported to Christy. The woman was breathtaking in her leather skirt and purple t-shirt, but the distance in her voice was a chilling reminder of Christy’s power.

“Positions, everyone! Let’s keep this orderly!” Hank said as the gates opened and everyone filed in. Instinct had Sasha ready to hand out schedules, but Jan sat her down at a table with the rest of the core staff.

“Christy’s counting on us to do the basic hiring quickly. Hour-long set of her most powerful stuff. Good thing we’ll be in the green room, well away from it, or we’d be mush. And by mush, I mean you’ll look cute in a maid outfit. So don’t leave the green room until you get the say-so. It’ll be like the locker rooms, except section by section. The first song should leave everyone oblivious, then section by section will get a lullaby. They’ll come on stage behind the curtain, then through here, where you’ll conduct the interview. You have your lists, but don’t be afraid to take for other purposes. Those bleachers behind the stands will be for the finale, then we’ll do full-time interviews for our three new housemates,” Jan explained, the words crisp and authoritative.

Sasha realized that what was happening left less of a choice, but on the other hand, they were familiar with Christy, and it was true that they needed to act fast, in more than one aspect. She watched through the closed-circuit television as the curtain went up. Even with the sound being filtered and distorted, she felt Christy’s pull sending her head floating, and she could see it was having the same effect on the others. The next song was almost demonic in the way Christy rapidly changed speed and tone, going from primal bass to glass-breaking soprano with barely a pause for breath, hitting the notes in between with authority and power. Sasha could only imagine the effect on the intended audience; the filtered version was making her unbutton her blouse and play with her breasts in full sight of the rest of the core staff. But as the music stopped, she jerked herself awake, seeing the first five rows go behind the curtain. For a change, she felt more focused and awake after hearing Christy sing, instead of still being in a haze even after Christy stopped.

“Sasha, you’re 3. You’ll interview the third row of every section we bring back here, looking for PR potential,” Jan said, and that was the only warning Sasha got before the process began, before she had to face twenty blank faces and hear twenty blank statements of compelled truth. Then there was another song and another row, another song and another row, another song and another row. The cycle felt robotic, and Sasha was okay with that as she made her hiring decisions with a keen eye, picking personalities she could work with, never stopping, never settling. Christy hadn’t settled when she had chosen Sasha, so Sasha couldn’t settle when picking people for Christy. She was up to nine, but she couldn’t remember their names, just their resumes, just face after face coming in helpless and fully aroused, with empty eyes and pants around their ankles.

Then came a face she could remember, heart-shaped and full-lipped, belonging to a tall Latina with thick brown hair and killer legs. Sasha had to remember that she was recruiting PR people, not dancers, and asked for her information.

“Melinda Vasquez, 24, marketing degree from Arizona State, single, specializing in Internet marketing, currently working for AOL, entry level, in Atlanta,” the Latina droned out. Sasha had her woman, and she signaled Jan, who took her into the green room. That was the end of that for the moment, and Sasha went back to recruiting without deep thought.

After the show ended, Christy came backstage and looked over the special bleachers. “Great work, y’all. The buses are outside. I’ll knock them out and get their clothes on. Yes, I said on. We’ll do the shower at the house. This will be one big afterparty. Sorry for the spillover, but couldn’t do anything ’bout it with this technology,” She said.

Sasha smiled weakly, but she ached inside, and she couldn’t wait to get home. She knew her blouse was down two buttons, and she hastened to get them in place and get her skirt back in line before Christy turned towards them. The deep purple sequins that sparkled as Christy swayed were too much for Sasha, and she realized that she was being sung to. She surrendered in bliss, her clothing falling to the ground.

When she woke up, she was in Christy’s office with Christy and the rest of the core staff. She recognized Melinda, but not the geeky guy with the tousled black hair or the hard-faced blonde who looked like she needed a horned helmet. She looked down and realized that she had had her clothes changed and was now in a short dress that mimicked Christy’s lavender and black number. The other women were wearing the same outfit, while the men were in black slacks with lavender shirts. “Had to get you ready for the afterparty without mixing in the command number with the laypeople. It’s midnight, by the way, and they ain’t done nothing but eat, drink, and listen to the new album since they got into their uniforms. You’ll party with your units. I’d like y’all to welcome our head of Internet security, Heidi—” Heidi gave a sharp nod, looking like she was trying not to look overwhelmed by Christy- “our primary hacker, John—” John waved- “and our new webmaster Melinda. Y’all made great choices, and I’m sure they’ll do well. Now, show them the ropes and help them with their staffs. I remember how all of you were when you were new. I have your teams drifting into different rooms, so go down there, then we’ll celebrate a little bit.”

The stress she placed on the word celebrate made the boys reach into their pockets and the girls cross their legs before heading down, some more flustered than others. “So is the song stuck in my head forever?” Melinda asked Sasha. “She told me a little of what’s she’s doing, and I love Christy Reed, but will I be her...”

“You get paid like the rest of us, and paid better than an AOL intern. Jan will let you in on all the details- oh, Jan’s the tiny Asian woman who looks like she could organize a mob into perfect order with one sharp look. And tonight’s different. It’s a lot more... a lot more work,” Sasha replied, stumbling as the music thrummed in her head and crept down between her legs.

“Good to know. Need a hand?” Melinda asked, still spaced but coming back to earth as she rubbed Sasha’s neck with a touch that almost made Sasha collapse, but she recovered and found herself more focused. Steady. “Just enough to soothe the burn, but not enough for it to leave you.” Melinda whispered in her ear seductively.

“You seem well versed. Boyfriend?”

“At times. I know I’m attractive, and I use it to my advantage,” Melinda replied with a smile. They walked into the living room, and at once everyone dropped what they were holding and came to full attention. Sasha scanned the room, trying to remember details about her team. The split was almost dead even between male and female, but before Sasha could go into a more detailed analysis, her brain short-circuited at the sight of Bree lounging in the corner, legs spread, pants soaked, twirling her hair to the music.

“Thanks for giving me a chance, sis! I’ll make you proud!” Bree said, slipping out of trance for a moment at Sasha’s stunned look.

Sasha stood there for a moment with her mouth open, then turned around and started banging her head against the wall. “19, sophomore at the University of Illinois.” Slam. “Honor roll both semesters.” Slam. “Majoring in computer science, minoring in marketing.” Slam. “Impressive sales record with emphasis on one-to-one, grassroots outreach.” Slam.

Melinda pulled her back and shook her. “What in the—”

“After screaming and swearing at Christy for inviting her, I turned around and recruited my sister on her own merits,” Sasha groaned.

“Well, she’s very qualified. I’ll put her to work writing code and designing pages, she—”

“Melinda, she’s my sister.”

“And she’s got potential, so- oh. Oh. You didn’t want her listening to Christy, did you?”

“Listening to Christy is fine. That’s how I ended up here. But I wanted her to be safe, isn’t that what every big sister wants? But it’s too late now. She’s on your team. And whatever meltdown we go into, don’t let me come within ten feet of her, because- augh, I’m going to be sick.”

“It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay. Would you really not give her a chance to work just because of how she got hired? She’s honored, trust me. And if she’s like you, she’s just as careful.”

Sasha sighed, not as reassured as she let Melinda believe she was, and began the boring basic lecture describing everyone’s duties. Then Melinda came on, talking about code and making tough promises, and Sasha realized she had picked up someone with great ideas and a genius IQ with a killer instinct that matched her own. She hadn’t recognized all of that when she interviewed Melinda in the concert hall, but enough of it had resonated that she had recognized a kindred spirit. They would do amazing things together for Christy... and then the music came on, and she felt herself relaxing. Melinda had to grab on for support as the music lulled her back under hard; she hadn’t developed any resistance the way some of the older staff had. Everyone lined up behind the pair as they headed outside to the courtyard, where Christy was waiting for them. A few bars got everyone locked on her dress. As she unzipped it and it fell to the floor, everyone melted to various degrees to the heat inside themselves.

Sasha would only ever remember flashes of that night: her hands sliding down Melinda’s dress as she pushed her onto one of the waiting mattresses, the music pounding over the speakers, Hank joining them for a threesome, faces she didn’t recognize, Christy’s voice in her head, her voice echoing the shadow of Christy’s crescendo as she came and came again....

She woke up face down in her own bed, sore and sticky, with barely the will or strength to move. The clock said 6:13PM, and the setting sun outside confirmed the clock. She rolled over, groped on the nightstand for the remote, and turned on the television.

“Stay tuned for exclusive photos of Christy Reed’s Beverly Hills blowout!” the voice blared before cutting to commercial. Sasha felt her jaw drop, and she glared holes through the screen until the show came back on. “Singing sensation Christy Reed geared up her staff for her world tour, scheduled to start soon, with a blowout any pop star would be proud of. We just wish our employers treated us as well!” the bimbo on the screen joked. Pictures of Christy in the black and purple dress, sharing food and drinks with most of the staff, flashed by.

“Shit! Paparazzi! How in the fuck- she has to- shit, fuck, damn, hell—” Sasha spluttered, leaping out of bed, throwing on a robe, running into the shower, then changing into her cleanest pantsuit and racing to Christy’s office.

“Welcome back to the land of the living!” Christy said with a grin. “Have fun? Is this ’bout Bree? It was your decision, y’know. You might have been half asleep, but that’s why I have you hire like that. You only see what’s really important. I’ll let her go if you insist, but you’d have to tell her why you said she should leave without being given a fair chance.”

“No, I get it, she’s beyond qualified. She got more of my DNA than I thought. It’s not that- the Sleaze Machine got in last night! Christy, I’m so sorry. I’ll get my things. We won’t have to—”

“Oh, that? Dear, it’s Thursday. I sent those photos as part of Jan’s reassurance calls to family and friends. Folks see that kind of party, they think I’m a caring and loving boss. I just made damn sure no one knew how loving. You might be wranglin’ that next time.” Christy gave a conspiratorial grin. “But if you and Hank wanna share rooms, that can be—”

“That won’t be necessary, thank you for thinking of it, but- what did I- how was I- tell me I—”

“I set it up for a blowout. An hour of my strongest stuff- none of y’all could survive that. Call it a vacation. Four days was enough for the new kids to be ready to travel.” Christy looked up and paused for a moment. “I’m glad you chose Bree. You’ll have to trust me that I didn’t make you do it, but she’s that good. And you and Melinda are gonna be somethin’ special together. A real terrible twosome.”

“I just need to know one thing... while I was... did I do anything with Bree?”

Christy laughed. “Sasha, you stayed away from her like she had a restraining order! If it weren’t for the way both of you went after every Latina in the room, no one would have guessed you were sisters. Somethin’ ’bout that Spanish... I’ll keep an eye on you two when we visit Madrid.”

Sasha blushed. “She’s nineteen, she’s allowed. But if you’re gonna do this often, you better hire a nurse.”

“Already done. Everyone passed their physical. ’sides, this was just to get ready for the tour. We might be big time, but we’re not goin’ that far that often. You know what work lies ahead. Better make sure your team’s in place.”