The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows 8: Bright Pain

by J. Darksong & Baltimore Rogers

Ch. 4) Thoughts That I Hide

It’s amazing sometimes how quickly your life can change, how a single event can shatter your perfect world into a million pieces... and another can miraculously glue them all back together again.

First I gave Sioban the same treatment I’d given Tawnya—with a little bit more improvisation on my part, since Tawnya was still too out of it from HER session—also giving them both time to recover. Then they lovingly, deviously, dominantly returned the favor, reducing me to a weeping, shuddering, laughing, gibbering mess. It was glorious!

Lying next to them again, idly playing with Sioban’s beautiful red hair as we all basked in the afterglow, I came to a sudden realization. This was what I wanted. No... needed! This kind of lifestyle. This kind of... of family. Tawnya and Sioban were partners, a crime fighting team, each independent and capable of looking after herself, but totally committed to watching each other’s backs as well.

They were also lovers, obviously, and good friends. Whenever I mention that to them they get the weirdest grins on their faces. Sioban tells me that they used to fight like cats and dogs before they met me. I don’t know what I did—if I did anything at all—but she gives me all the credit for bringing them together. Well, I’m glad I’m not a failure at everything.

Furthermore, they all shared a bed—and a life!—with Patricia, Angela, Constance, Delores, and Nigel. All seven of them lived and loved together, without even a hint of jealousy or sniping or antagonism. They were, in effect, a perfect little community, all happily in love with one another, supporting and helping each other, with Nigel Grimalde at the top of the pyramid as the wise and stern overlord-slash-protector.

In the aftermath of our love fest, we’d talked a bit about how things had worked out after the night of the bombings. Nigel, after speaking to my father (grrrr) had taken it upon himself to free his slaves, to undo the mind control that had kept them loyal and loving for the better part of two decades. Surprisingly, all of them except Delores had stayed with him afterwards, or so I thought at the time. And apparently Delores had only left to have some time apart, promising to return soon once she’d had a chance to clear her head. It was clear that they all loved him, that despite everything, he’d been a good and loving Master. Tawnya was even now a bit miffed at being “freed”, insisting every so often that he put her back in the damn machine and make her “a good and proper slave girl” again!

It really boggled the mind... at least at first. But then again, considering my OWN twisted family history, immediate and cousins, of course, and my own obvious submissive tendencies, I could understand how it could somehow work. And the more I thought about it, the more I considered how crazy and out of control my life was right now... and how happy Sioban and Tawnya were, I knew I was right. I needed to be a part of this, too.

I sighed a bit, though, considering just how to make that happen. Tawnya had been pretty clear about Nigel’s reaction when they’d approached him earlier about adding me to his harem. He’d shot them down, hard. And... maybe it wasn’t so much because of his newly formed truce with my dad either. I sighed inwardly. They’d also admitted to doing a thorough and complete dossier on me for their presentation... everything from my school grades to my relationship with my parents had been included. Maybe it was also that I... hadn’t made the cut. I’m not a super-genius like everyone else he has surrounding him. Nigel Grimalde doesn’t like stupid. And I barely skated by enough to graduate last year. Maybe... maybe he turned me down because... I wasn’t worthy?

The thought made my insides clench. I really wanted to be a part of this... wanted to spend every day and night with my two dearest and closest... and really, ONLY, friends in the world. They loved me... but I also knew they loved their Master more. All it would take would be a harsh word from him, to stop hanging around with that loser Frasier girl... and my best friends would vanish, never to be seen or heard from again... or so I thought at the time.

Ohh... ohhh goddess.

THAT thought nearly undid me. My breath caught, and my heart clenched, and it felt as if the floor had dropped away underneath my feet. Panicked, I clutched T-Baby and Bon-bon to me, hard, harder than I meant to, like life preservers in a rough tossed sea, simply reassuring myself that they were really there, really here with me.

“K-k-katie?” Sioban gasped, pulling at my arms. “Baby... what’s wrong... calm down... baby... you’re... squeezing... too... tight!”

“Shit!” Tawyna hissed, pulling hard as well. “Too... tight... can’t... breathe... let... go!!”

Gasping, finally managing to get a breath myself, I realized what I was doing and released them. “Sorry! Sorry,” I said quickly, drawing up into a ball, shuddering. “So sorry. Didn’t mean it... I was just... I was okay... and then I thought... I imagined you were gone... and I got scared... and I couldn’t breathe... and... and...”

“Shhh, it’s okay,” Sioban murmured, pressing against me again, this time of her own accord, stroking my hair. “It’s okay, Kitten. You just had a panic attack. It’s okay. Just calm down and breathe, okay?” I felt Tawyna holding my hand, her sweet lips closing on my fingers, sucking lightly on them. I sighed, enveloped in the sensation, my eyes drooping to half-lids, my racing heart slowing. “Good idea, T,” Sioban replied with a grin. “It seems to be working.”

“Yeah, they talked about it in health class,” she said between licks, and slurps. “The best way to handle a panic attack is to distract the person, to change their focus with stimulation. I’m just glad it worked.”

I basked in their love for a few more minutes until I felt more like myself. “Thank you, Tawnya, Sioban,” I said with a sigh, more than a little embarrassed. “Maybe one of these days I won’t fall apart like that on you at the drop of a hat.”

“It’s okay, sweetie. Believe me, we understand.” Sioban replied with a grin. “And anyway, it’s about time we woke up. It’s early evening now, and we should get out and check in with everyone before we head out on patrol.”

I winced slightly at that. I’d forgotten... it was the weekend, after all, so no work for Sioban and no class for Tawyna. A lucky thing I’d fallen apart on a Friday. If they hadn’t been able to stay the day with me I don’t know what might have happened. Then, remembering the incident with the knife, I sighed inwardly. Oh. Yeah. I guess I do know what would have happened.

Apparently the same thoughts had suddenly occurred to Tawnya as well, as she glanced at me a moment, then over at Sioban. “Ah, um, you know, Boss, we, ah, talked about me doing a solo patrol sometime soon. Why not tonight?”

“What? You can’t be serious!” said Sioban incredulously, “What are you talking about? Look back in your Tear Memories, kiddo. No rookie has ever soloed in her first year. Not on purpose anyway. Besides, we never talked about any such—“

“Now Bon-Bon!” Tawyna answered gruffly. “I’m hurt! Hurt that you could forget your promise to me. You know,” she said, a touch too pointedly I think. She nodded in my direction and said, “You know, on the way over here? When we were talking things over? Maybe I should solo tonight, and you should just stay here... y’know? With Katie?” she said, stressing my name so hard that even I picked up on what she was doing.

Sioban did as well, after a second. “Oh... Oh! With KATIE. Right!”

They were arranging a suicide watch for me. They didn’t even trust me enough to leave me while they talked about it. So they had to talk around it for my benefit. I was sad at just how much they had lost faith in me, but I couldn’t help but see that I deserved it. I was going to have to earn back their trust, their respect. All the more reason to join Nigel’s harem. They’d have to respect me then, right?

“I see. Well, fine then,” Sioban said in mock anger, barely hiding a smile. “If you’re sure that you’re ready, you can solo tonight. Things have been pretty quiet lately anyway, the aftermath of that bimbo epidemic having mostly died down now. You should be fine by yourself. But BE CAREFUL. No hot-dogging. No unnecessary risks. If you even begin to have a ghost of a thought that you’re dealing with ANYTHING tougher than a common crook, you’ll call for backup right away. I mean immediately, girl. Do you understand?“

Tawnya’s face fell slightly at that. “Yes, ‘Mom’—No... no... Sorry about the snark. I’ll... I’ll be careful. I promise.” she said seriously. “Look, I have my cell with me right here. I’ll check in every hour on the hour. I’ll let you know where I am and where I’m heading.”

Sioban stared her young partner down like a drill sergeant. “Right,” she said, somewhat mollified, “and if you’re even one minute late, solo or no, I’m coming out after you. Do you understand, kiddo?”

Tawnya chuckled, but nonetheless gave her partner a crisp salute. “You got it, Boss. I promise I’ll be careful. I’ll stay out of trouble. I’ll report in on time.” Tawnya pulled a clean set of her skimpy uniform pieces and gauntlets out of her dresser and quickly donned them. Then she stepped out onto her balcony, but turned back for some parting words. “Oh, by the way, I’m really jonesing for some ice cream tonight. Maybe I’ll bring back a half-gallon of Rocky Road from the store on my way back in.”

“Sure thing, T,” Sioban replied “I think we’d really like that...” Sioban and I broke into giggles over that. Tawnya was a fanatic for Rocky Road. We’d have to fight her for our share.

As she left, however, I confronted Sioban. “You didn’t have any intention of letting her solo this soon, did you? You let her patrol alone so you could stay and look after me, right?”

She gave me that look again. The one I’d hoped I’d never see again. Yearning and pain and fear and pity and anger and deep, abiding love. “Katie... I... Do you realize how many times today that I... we... thought we’d LOST YOU?” Her eyes brimmed with tears, but through it she offered me a smile. “But it’s okay. I’ll... we’ll be with you through everything. No matter what it takes. Hell, Tawnya wishes she could stay here and hang out with you too.... but she actually really is ready for that solo, despite the grief I was giving her. It’ll be good for her. Besides that, you and I get to share a little... alone time. I’d really like to spend some more... time... alone... with my Katie-kitten.”

I sucked in my breath sharply, hugging her tightly. “Well, you won’t, um, hear me complaining about that! But seriously, you don’t have to stay just to watch over me. I’m fine now. It was just a little freak out, that’s all.” I flashed her a genuine smile. “Serious, Bonnie, I’m fine. Really! You should go ahead and join Tawnya on patrol. I’d feel really bad is something happened to her out there by herself while you were stuck babysitting me.”

Sioban frowned, clearly torn between her duty to her partner and her concern to me. “Tawnya,” she said, smirking. “can take care of herself. And I don’t JUST want to ‘babysit’ you, kitten.” She drew me to her and kissed me so hard... so long.

“Okay, you convinced me,” I giggled, hands up in supplication. I drew her closer, feeling her soft curves. “Please, please stay.”

She paused, looking at me critically, then broke out into a leering grin. “You’ll be so happy I stayed, Katie. I guarantee it.”

* * *

It was about an hour later, and my Bon-Bon was sleeping peacefully beside me. It had been almost a battle of wills to see who could give the other the most mind-bending orgasms. I actually thought I saw a flicker of surprise on Sioban’s face as that last, overwhelming tidal wave of pleasure washed over her and stole her consciousness. I think she expected me to let her “win” or something. She expected me to surrender to her. And quite frankly any other time I would have loved to let her dominate me, control me, own me. It makes my toes curl just to think about it.

But not tonight. Tonight I was on a mission and I needed to be every bit as solo as Tawnya to accomplish it.

Summoning my courage, I left Sioban in Tawnya’s room, heading down the long dark hallways, heading upstairs to the master bedroom. I paused a bit from the foyer, cursing inwardly. Constance, even here at their residence, was sitting at a desk just outside the main landing to the bedroom, like one of those damn British guards outside Buckingham Palace.

Huh... and with about the same kind of personality, too. No... I shouldn’t think that way about her. I mean, just because she hasn’t exactly been warm and friendly to me since we met doesn’t make her a bad person. And... she is really cute. I love her hair. Such a tiny little thing too... about my size. I wonder if she’s any good in bed? Hmm... probably is, if she’s a part of this group. Must be a super-genius as well, or else Nigel wouldn’t have bothered with her...ohhh shit! OH FUCK! I forgot—she’s his psychic watchdog! SHIT! I shouldn’t be thinking this, she’s probably reading my mind RIGHT NOW! FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!! Shit... she probably already knows why I’m here! What if she won’t let me in to see Nigel? What then? No... I’d blast my way past her if I had to—NO! SHIT! Don’t think that! Shit,... Connie, hon, I wouldn’t really hurt you, okay... but I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to speak to your boss.

I was close to hyperventilating now, and Connie hadn’t so much as glanced up at me. That was the thing about psychics. You could never really tell if they were reading you or not. If she’d picked up on what I was thinking about her earlier, the snide comments or the sexual innuendos, she was hiding it well. Well, she’s apparently not moving, and security hasn’t arrived to escort me from the premises. So, I might as well try the direct approach. Forcing myself calm, putting a blanket over my thoughts, I walked into the lobby.

Constance Yamanohana glanced up as I approached, her face carefully neutral—I fought hard to repress the thought Inscrutable, hmmm? Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?—and placed her pen and pad away, primly, giving me her full attention. “Hello. Miss Frasier. Nice to see you again, and looking so well. What can I do for you this evening?“

“I...” I began, coughing slightly. Damn. I’d practiced exactly what I wanted to say, how I needed to make my proposal, and now, seeing HER here, taking me completely by surprise, I was fumbling at the one yard line. Swallowing, I tried again. “Is Nig... Mr. Grimalde in? I’d like to speak to him. NEED!” I said loudly, which changed her neutral expression to one of mild annoyance. “Sorry. I need to speak to him. It’s... a matter of some importance.” Her eyes narrowed slightly, and she stared at me. I swallowed again, wondering if she was reading me NOW, doing a threat assessment, trying to decide whether or not to leap over her desk and tackle me to the ground. After a long moment, she sighed and gestured at the door.

“You’re in luck. He’s just relaxing now, having just changed out of his business suit. I think he can spare you a few minutes.”

I let out the breath I was holding. “Okay. Good. Thank you, Con...stance,” catching myself at the last second. Nigel Grimalde and his hang up with nicknames! If he actually accepted me, I supposed I’d have to get used to being called ‘Katherine’ all the time.

“You’re welcome,” Constance replied, with a ghost of a smile. “And good luck with your, ah, ‘need’.”

I must have looked at her curiously, because she favored me with another, wider smile and said, “Hey, even we ‘inscrutable Chinese’ root for the underdog now and again.” Blushing red as a stop sign, I retreated, entering Nigel’s private suite....

* * *

Larissa Fredrickson cursed long and loud, slamming a petite fist down on the control panel of her mobile communications relay. Her eye-spies were spread out all over the city, and for the past week she’d managed to catch neither hide nor hair of that little slut Luminaire. She’d even committed a few minor disturbances, pulled a few minor robberies, hoping she might make an appearance, but each time it was some other costumed cretin who showed up instead! It was beginning to become tiresome, and boring... and if there was one thing Larissa hated, it was being BORED!

Of course, it WOULD be an easy matter to track her down if my damned brother would tell me the girl’s real name, she fumed silently. But oh no... he wouldn’t do that. ‘Privileged information’ he’d say. ‘Client files are always private’, he’d say. ‘And why do you want to know, anyway?’ he’d ask. The last was the real kicker. If she admitted her real reason for wanting to track for Luminaire—to upstage him by being the one to take the heroine down—then all bets would be off. Her brother had many quirks, but the strongest was his connection with his targets. NO ONE came between him and one of his targets, and he’d already said he had unfinished business with the so-called Light of Justice. If he found out...

Well... I doubt he’d actually go as far as to KILL me or anything, she mused, frowning. Rough me up a bit, maybe? Knock my teeth in? Yeah, I could see him doing that. But flat our kill me? No... blood is thicker than water, after all. Still, it makes trying to find this stupid little bitch ridiculously hard!

Scowling, she read back through the file yet again, what little of it there was. A strange dark shadow floated overhead, and she glanced up, doing a double-take as what looked like a human-sized bird in lingerie flew by overhead. Damn... I guess it’s true what they say about this place. Supers coming out of the woodwork... Shaking her head, she glanced back at the screen.... then gaped, jerking her head back skywards once more. Hands shaking slightly, she flicked the mouse down, scrolling down the list until she reached the end, highlight the section under Known Associates.

“’Ivory Angel and Ebony Angel’” she read slowly, an evil smile forming on her face. “Hot damn... looks like I may have just struck paydirt!” Bringing up a clear screen, she began typing rapidly, doing a quick reprogram of her eye-spies, sending them out to follow the dark-skinned winged avenger. Laughing gleefully to herself, she opened her bottom drawer, trying to decide which device to choose. Hmmm...I think I’ll go with the Psychotropic Reconditioner this time, she thought with evil pride. A single blast of this. and that winged beauty will tell me anything I want to know. And if she proves useful, a second blast will make the hypnotic effect permanent. She chuckled drily, slipping into the driver’s seat of her van.

It’s been far too long since I’ve had minions that weren’t the wind-up robotic kind. Having that ‘little birdie’ in my cage might make for a nice change of pace...

* * *

I don’t know what I expected, maybe that he would be rocking the ‘Hugh Hefner’ look in silk PJs, a smoking jacket, a pipe and maybe a book. I didn’t expect a ratty old Stanford sweat suit complete with honest-to-god sweat. He dropped down from the chin-up bar and picked up towel.

“Ah, Katherine,” Nigel said, huffing a bit and swigging from a bottle of water, turning to me with an upraised eyebrow. “Constance said that you wished to speak to me?”

I froze, like a deer in the headlights, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“In any case I’m glad you’re here. The girls, and, well, your parents, have told me all about your, ah, situation...” he began.

I shuddered inwardly, again... and cursed myself for a wimp. Dammit! He’s making polite conversation because I’m frozen in fear. NO! Don’t show fear! Respect, yes, but not fear! Be aggressive... no, not aggressive... um... submissive, but persistent. YES! That’s it, persistent! Don’t take no for an answer! I sighed softly, noting that I was breathing hard. I didn’t need to start hyperventilating now... if this turned into a full blown panic attack, I could kiss my place in his harem goodbye. Swallowing deeply, I closed my eyes a second, trying to collect my thoughts.

“... so I know a little bit about how you feel.”

I opened my eyes. FUCK! Did he REALLY just say that? Didn’t they warn him? Almost too late I stamped down hard on my rising anger.

“What... did you say... sssssir?” I ventured, torn between fear and anger, or fear that I was going to get angry, really. SHIT, Katie! Don’t ruin this!

He smirked slightly, realizing that I hadn’t really heard his little speech. But somehow at the same time he missed how hard he had mashed my “freak out” button.

“Katherine,” he said, patiently, kindly, “It was an awful day for all of us. I lost someone too. He was the first, um, legitimate investor to take a chance on me, but over the years he became a lot more. Richard was my best friend. He died less than 10 feet from me. In my lowest moments... I... I feel like it’s all my fault. I feel like I killed him.”

I gasped. Oh. My. God! He really does know!

“Hitting a little close to home, Katherine?” he said wryly, sadly, “If I hadn’t called a board meeting, he wouldn’t have even been in River City. If I hadn’t dealt with your father Grimalde Tower wouldn’t have been on Duncan Frasier’s ‘hit list’. If I hadn’t wasted time being snarky we wouldn’t have gotten trapped. It’s all my fault, right?”

“You... you can’t blame yourself for all that,” I said, somehow feeling very disoriented.

“EXACTLY!” he said, pouncing on my insight, “But somehow it’s a lot harder to say that to yourself, isn’t it?”

Oh GOD! Suddenly I wanted this man to be my master now more than ever. NOBODY could EVER understand me like this! And he hardly even knew me! But I was still frozen. Still frightened. How do you go about asking a man to be his sex slave?

He paused, waiting. I was still frozen, my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

“Well, ah, Katherine. We’re glad to have you with us. Feel free to stay as long as you’d like.”

He paused again. I was still frozen.

“And, ah, thanks for stopping by,” he continued, sounding slightly annoyed now, “as you can see, I need to clean up a bit, so if you’ll excuse me...”

I realized I was blowing it, and I hadn’t even opened my mouth yet! “No... no Sir. I am, um... just trying to collect my thoughts.” I gave him a small smile, but he merely sat, dobbing his forehead, waiting. “I am... I wanted to... no, NEEDED to.... I mean...”

“My dear Miss Frasier,” he said kindly but with a slight edge, “I’m not a young man, and I fear I’m not getting any younger waiting for you to articulate your thoughts. Spit it out. What do you want?” He tipped up his water bottle again, taking a long draw.

“I want YOU!” I blurted out, before I could stop myself. And Nigel Grimalde did an actual spit-take, the kind you see in old cartoons. He literally nearly choked himself, so great was his shock at my uttered words. Gee, choking my prospective Master to death on the first day. Not a good start Katherine... Closing my eyes, I tried again.

“What I meant to say was... I need you... to be my Master.” I dropped to my knees before him, extending my hands out, and knelt my head to the floor the way I’d once seen my mom bow to my dad during that one time I’d snuck in to watch them have sex. “I... I beg you... Sir. Make me your... s... s...” the word getting stuck in my throat “... slave!”

If I thought Nigel’s face had been pale before, it was nothing compared to what his expression showed now. “A... are you yanking my chain?” he asked, incredulously. “Is this some kind of joke? Did Tawnya put you up to this?”

I sat up, stunned. He didn’t believe me. Remembering a bit of what I’d planned out earlier, I realized I needed to convince him I was worthy... that I could be useful. “No, Master... SIR! I meant, Sir... you haven’t accepted me yet! I’m sorry,” I said quickly, getting back to my feet. Of course I was blowing it! Dropping to my knees that way before he’d even accepted... I was surprised he hadn’t laughed me out of the room! “I want to be part of your harem! Sir! I know... I know I’m not much, but... I can be useful!”

Nigel frowned slightly, the seriousness of the situation starting to become clear to him. “Um, Katherine,” he began, only to fall silent as the blonde began glancing around the room, frantically searching for something.

I turned, freezing suddenly as I spotted what I was looking for, and raced over to the ornate fireplace. “I’m strong!” I informed him, taking a poker from the stand, bending it like tinfoil, twisting it into a pretzel shape, and dropping it to the floor with a loud clang. Nigel jumped slightly at the sound, despite himself. “Stronger than your Angels! See? And I’m... I’m...” thinking hard—damn, I wish I’d written this all down beforehand! Oh! “I have my Light!” I announced, pointing a finger at the unlit fireplace, sending out a bright pulse... and burning the wood stacked there to ashes.

And cut a hole through the back of the fireplace through the building and out into the open air! Shit!

“Um, Katherine...” he tried again, in a low gentle voice.

“Um... sorry... too much power there just now... I’m a little nervous.” I was starting to lose it. This was bad... I couldn’t have a panic attack right now. I needed to stay calm. needed to stay calm. NEEDED TO STAY CALM! C’mon, Katie... you can do this. Focus goddammit!

“I’m... I’m... cute?” I said hesitantly. This was supposed to have been the tipping point, the nudge to put me over the top. Instead, I was using it hopefully to spark at least a glimmer of interest. Willing the Neuroweave network in my system to activate, I removed my clothes, leaving me standing before him, completely naked. Nigel gasped, covering his eyes... and I felt my world crumble around me. Barely restraining from breaking out into sobs, I knelt again, crawling over to his chair, resorting to the only thing I had left: begging.

“Please, Mr. Grimalde,” I pleaded, clutching at his leg, letting my tears flow now. “I... I know I’m not the smartest... I know I’m not... not the measure of your... other girls... but please! I’ll do anything! I... I could be your maid? Or your cook? I’m good with kids... I could be your nanny? I don’t care what position you put me in, I’ll do anything you ask me to!” I took his hand, kissing it, sucking at his fingers, growing more and more desperate by the second. “PLEASE! I... I... I don’t have much... experience with men... se... sexually,” I swallowed again, “but you can be my first. That... that has to count as something?”

Nigel closed his eyes trying desperately to compose himself. Oh my freaking god, she’s offering her virginity to me as a bargaining chip?!?! Forcing himself to respond as composed as he could possibly manage, he withdrew his hand from the girl’s grasp, and used it to pat her head gently.

“Katherine... please. I appreciate you offer... and your, ah, commitment in presenting it. Truly I do. But... there are so many things wrong here that I have to point out. First of all, you’re too young for me—“

“I’m two years older than Tawnya,” I pointed out, wiping my tears. At least this I could handle. He was talking to me now, discussing my proposal. As bad as my presentation had gone, I could still maybe win him over if he was at least willing to talk about it. I’d expected a simple ‘No’ followed by ‘Get out’...

Nigel sighed. “You’re also the daughter of Eugene Frasier, a man with whom I am trying very hard to be a friend.”

“My dad has nothing to do with this,” I said somewhat brazenly. “It’s not as if he has a leg to stand on for busting you about YOUR harem when he’s forming one of his own.”

That caught him off guard. “What? What do you meant by that?”

I sighed. Maybe this wasn’t the best time to go about revealing family secrets... but if I was planning to give myself completely to this man, mind, body and soul, I couldn’t hold anything back now. “My mom... she’s his submissive. And... um... my Aunt Eva too.” At Nigel’s shocked expression, I hurriedly explained. “I just recently found out when I went to visit him at the hospital a while back. It was a little after the... bimbo incident... and Aunt Eva hadn’t regained total control over her psychic abilities. I was standing in the hallway and I heard her thoughts clear as day... she called my Dad ‘Master’.”

“Hmmm... indeed,” Nigel said softly, musing. Then he sighed. “Nevertheless, I still respect the man too much to simply abduct his only daughter and make her into my sexual plaything—”

“But you’re not abducting me.” I pointed out. “You’re haven’t drugged me, coerced me, or tried to convince me to do this in ANY way. If anything, you’re trying to talk me out of it.” I smiled at that. Tanya and Sioban had both agreed on one thing about Nigel Grimalde. If he respected you, he debated with you, he challenged you, he TALKED to you. If he didn’t respect you, then there was no conversation. He’d pat you on the head, tell you what would happen, and make it so. If you were lucky, he MIGHT say ‘good day’ before kicking you out. And despite everything, I’m still here.

Nigel, for his part, however, was beginning to grasp at straws. Nothing was persuading the girl to give up. She was bound and determined to join his harem, and he was running out of plausible reasons to turn her away. And, it’s not as if I am going to simply say NO and be done with it. Not after that crazy display she just put on. He glanced again at the ruined remains of his fireplace and poker, and shivered inwardly.

The sad thing is that I don’t think the girl wants to hurt me. She genuinely WANTS what she is asking far.... and I’m not so old that I can say that I don’t find her attractive. Not quite as busty as Tawnya, but close. And she’s a petite little thing, just slightly bigger than Sioban... almost like the perfect combination of the two of them. Damn... how do I put her down easily without making her go postal on me?

“Look, Katherine, I know you’re a lesbian,” Nigel said finally, smirking ever so slightly. “You said it yourself—you have no experience with men whatsoever. And despite what anyone might tell you to the contrary, I do NOT take my women against their will. And you, my dear, for all your bravado, would never submit to me willingly. It would go against your very nature.”

“Then... then change my nature,” I challenged him, causing the smirk to fade. “I know my history, Mr. Grimalde, Sir. Angela Prentiss was a full-fledged lesbian as well... and you used your machine to change her, and make her over in your image. You can do the same to me. I won’t even fight you the way she did.”

“Katherine,” he said, deadly earnest, “That’s not exactly the way it was. I would never do to anyone on purpose what I did to Angela by accident.”

I smiled softly, serenely, my goal in sight once again. “But it’s not the same thing and you know it! I meant what I said, Sir. I am offering myself to you... freely. All I want it to be a part of your harem... to be like Tawyna and Sioban.”

Raising my chin I stared at him directly, baring my soul. “I’m... I’m lost, Sir, like a ship tossed around in a hurricane. I just need to belong again... to know I am loved and what my place is... what my purpose is. And you can give me that. Sir.“

Daring to take the initiative, I rose up and kissed him, catching him by surprise. “And in return, I pledge to give my all to you... everything I am, without restraint, holding nothing back.”

And Nigel was done. He had nothing left. Shaking his head ruefully, he stared down at me, waiting anxiously before him, and sighed. “You know, of course, your father is going to literally kill me,” he replied.

I somehow managed not to do the Snoopy Dance in victory, but it was a very close thing. “Don’t worry about him,” I said gratefully. “Just outrun him by climbing some stairs. He’s in a wheelchair—he won’t be able to follow you.”

“Sez you,” Nigel replied wryly, “He gets around pretty good for a cripple. He showed up yesterday in my research division, wheelchair and all, to pay Angela a visit.”

I giggled nervously at the thought of my Dad chasing Nigel in a wheelchair, waving a gnarled oaken cane and shouting obscure Gaelic curses.

“That’s NOT funny,” Nigel said, suddenly stern. “I don’t care what kind of problems you’re having with the man, he’s still your father.”

“Sorry, Master.” I said demurely, lowering my gaze, still quivering with joy that he was going to accept me. I was going to be with Tawnya and Sioban forever now—one big happy family!

“And don’t call me ‘Master’,” Nigel snapped, feeling surly, an idea coming to him on the spur of the moment. “I haven’t accepted you... yet. In fact... if you’re serious about this proposal of yours, I have a counter proposal. I’ll accept you as my slave—IF and only if you first and foremost talk this over with the authority figures of influence in your life.“

He grinned wickedly; this would take the matter out of his hands and put the ball back on HER court again. “By that I mean you have to tell THEM your plan to submit yourself to me and become my complete and obedient sex slave OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL! That means you have to talk to your mom, your dad, your Aunt Veronica and Uncle Parker, your Aunt Eva... and your dearest new best friend, Sioban. Once you’ve discussed it with them—and I mean discuss, not simply drop the news like a hand grenade and run for cover—have a frank and open discussion with them all. They don’t have to agree or accept it, although that would help, but you DO have hear them out, and you do have to try your best to convince them. After you have done all, I’ll have Constance scan you to confirm that you did in fact do as I asked. Then and ONLY then will I accept you as my slave.“

I stood there, reeling, a bit dizzy from the enormity of what he was asking me to do. Talk to everyone about this? I’d only managed to talk to HIM about this by sneaking out when Bon-bon fell asleep. Now, not only did I have to walk willingly into the lion’s den with my parents and aunts and uncles, I had to confess to Sioban that I’d tricked her and snuck off to see their Master behind their backs?

I absolutely hated confrontation. Anyone that knew me knew that little fact. And I had no doubts that with every single person on the list that I told there WOULD be a confrontation. And... and I could deal with it for the most part. I would endure their yelling and screaming, their cold logic, their impassioned denials. I could deal with my mom and dad and the Albinns and Aunt Eva thinking I had lost my bloody mind. Hell, I would even admit as much—this proposal was a way of trying to glue it, and my life, back together again.

Well... I knew at least that Sioban would be the easy one. Hell, she had already fought like a hellcat to get Nigel to accept me. Sioban and Tawnya... I already knew that they wanted me in their extended family... What could be easier? I’d save it for last. But my parents? Aunt Eva? Parker and Veronica? I was pretty used to not measuring up to my parent’s expectations and being a disappointment anyway. Aunt Eva? She hated Nigel Grimalde with a burning passion. She was the one who had started this whole stupid feud in the first place. As for the Albinns... Uncle Parker was going to blow his top. If Aunt Eva’s hatred was like a fire, Uncle Parker’s was like an atom bomb! He already had a bug up his ass about Mr. Grimalde from years back anyway.

Ah, well... might as well get that one out of the way first. After that, dealing with mom and dad would have to be a breeze.

And I think Nigel knew his challenge shook me. He doubted my conviction. I think he was counting on me not being able to go through with this. He wanted me to give up... to call it quits and go slinking back out, tail between my legs. He expected me to fail his little test... and that made me all the more determined to do whatever I could to pass it.

“You have yourself a deal, Sir,” I stated confidently. At least on the outside. “I’ll discuss my plans with all of the people you named. I’ll argue my point, I’ll convince them, and what’s more, I’ll come back here and convince you as well.”

“Well, we’ll see,” Nigel said simply, sitting there like an enigmatic sphinx, waiting for the answer to his riddle, even though he didn’t expect the correct one.

“And then you’ll follow through with your part and make me your slave,” I pressed him, making sure we were on the same page.

If you complete your part of the deal.“

“And afterwards, I’ll finally get you to call me ‘Katie’.” I finished, striding out onto his balcony, reforming my Neuroweave costume around me, preparing to fly away.

“On the contrary, child,” he called out after me, “If you see this through, I will teach you to finally behave like an adult!“

* * *

Nigel watched as Luminaire flew away. She’s all full of bravado now, but she can’t possibly go through with it. Hell, she could barely confront me! Although... she does seem very determined at the moment... Naaah, she’ll never be able to face her father with this, much less Parker fucking Albinn!

As Nigel pulled off his sweats and stepped into the shower, he had nearly convinced himself. He was home free. She’d never be able to do it.