The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows 8: Dark Dungeon’s Depths

by J. Darksong & Baltimore Rogers

Epilogue:

I opened my eyes to the familiar sight of clean white walls, and bed sheets, the beep-beep-beep of a heart monitor, and the stinging scent of antiseptic. Huh. Hospital again. Well, I guess that makes sense. I was kind of a wreck. A soft pressure on my left leg drew my attention, and I smiled lovingly at the head of raven hair covering of my love’s beautiful face. A quick glance around the room tells me what I already knew—that she’d stayed here at my side since I was brought in. Poor dear. I should probably let her sleep... but I really need to use the bathroom, and I don’t think they put a catheter in me. Moving slowly and gently, I slid my leg from beneath her, trying not to wake her. No such luck. The instant I lifted the covers, her eyes snapped open, and she planted a hand back down, snatching it from my grip.

“Jimmy! You’re awake! Oh thank goodness!” she said, moving up to hug me tightly. “You had me so worried. But... were you about to try and get out of bed? By yourself?”

I shrugged. “I need to use the bathroom.”

“You should have woke me,” she chided, frowning. “Or called for a nurse! You’re in no shape to be up and about like that on your own!”

“Oh, honey, you’re exaggerating. I was in pretty bad shape earlier, I admit... but I’m feeling much better now. My biggest problems were malnutrition and dehydration. They obviously have me on fluids,” I said, gesturing to my IV, “and with my own natural healing ability, I’m certainly recovered enough to walk seven and a half feet to the bathroom by myself.”

“No, you’re not,” Devon insisted, shaking her head. “That witch did a hell of a lot more to you than just starve you to death. She tortured you, Jimmy. You can try and put on a strong brave face for me if you want, but I know the truth! I saw what she did to you!“

That pulled me up short. “You... saw?” Her visions. Dammit. I hadn’t thought about that... hadn’t considered the kind of hell I’d inadvertently put her through via our bond. I guess it’s a good thing I’m in this hospital then, else Serpentina would be by the time I got through with her!

Sighing wearily, I took her hand in mine. “I’m sorry baby. I didn’t want you exposed to all of that.”

“Y... you’re sorry? For me?” she asked, in disbelief. She hugged me suddenly, tenderly, tears flowing now. “Oh, Jimmy... baby... you’re just too much... you were the one getting flayed alive day in and day out for an eternity, and you’ve worried about my feelings?” We sat there, hugging each other, feeling generally good and happy and content in each other’s presence, until the amount of fluid in my bladder reasserted its presence.

“Sorry, baby, I really need to go to the bathroom now,” I said, pulling back the covers again.

“Jimmy, wait, let me help you,” she said, moving around to slide an arm under my shoulder. I was about to protest, of course. As close as we’d come, we weren’t quite to the level where I felt comfortable having her watch me pee. And then I took a single step out of bed and nearly face-planted again... and decided that maybe we were at that stage in our relationship after all. To her credit, she didn’t look, turning away to allow me my privacy, for which I was extremely grateful. And by the time we were back to the bed, I was nearly exhausted.

“Whew... damn,” I said panting heavily, “I guess I’m... not as strong yet... as I thought.”

“Really? I never thought I’d hear those words coming out of your mouth, Big Bro.“

“Katie!” I yelled in surprise, as my sister appeared at the door, with two other women with her. “Sis, don’t just stand there like a statue, come on in!” Stepping inside, I recognized the two visitors shed brought with her: Ebony Angel, aka, Tawnya Parkinson, the dark skinned beauty I’d met briefly back in Texas before passing out cold; and the other, a short petite redhead that I could only presume was her partner in crime fighting, the equally-lovely, ah, Fire Angel, I think, whose name I did not yet know. The way they’d been holding my sister’s hands when they first entered sparked a memory, however—a dream I’d had of the three of them, naked, having a tickle fight with the Angel girls’ feathers... play time that turned into a steamy erotic lovemaking just before I woke up.

Blushing slightly, I hugged my sister tightly, kissing her cheek. Instinctively, I sought out her mind with my own, seeking to establish contact... only to blink in surprise as I felt myself rebuffed. «Huh? Wha... Katie? What’s the deal?» I thought at her pointedly, only to wince again as she averted her eyes.

«Sorry, Jimmy. I didn’t meant to... push you away like that. I just..I felt you reaching out to me and I... I can’t handle that just yet, okay? Not right now. I’m still... well, a little messed up from Jessica’s death, and everything that happened to me these past few weeks, I’m just not ready to... be that close with someone just yet.»

«Not even me?» I asked, more concerned than disappointed.

«Yeah, bro. Especially you, right now. I heard some of what you went through... and really, you’re just as messed up inside right now as I am. I think... I feel that if we let each other in right now, we’ll both end up having a meltdown.»

«Yeah... I guess I can understand that,» I replied after a moment. «But you seem to be in good hands, regardless. Those two girls... you’re close to them, huh? Some of your feelings for them bled through to me over the past few weeks,» I remarked with a grin, causing her to blush hotly, «in particular a very interesting dream involving you, jess, and those two in zero gravity and a tickle fight with lots of feathers—»

“So, hey, what’s going on?” Tawnya asked aloud, suddenly drawing us both back to the here and now. “You two didn’t say a thing, but from the looks on your faces something definitely just passed between you.” I laughed, and Katie blushed even brighter red.

“Sorry about that. You’re right, we were ‘twinning’ just now,” I explained with a smirk. “It’s been a while, so we just caught up a bit. But, where are my manners? Tawnya, it’s good to see you again. I’m glad to see you’re doing okay after all that happened earlier.” I shook her hand, and kissed the back of it lightly. I glanced briefly at Katie for a moment, conversing silently, then nodded. “Ah. I guess you and I will have to find some time to talk shop,” I added after the pause. “If you liked my paper on stunt planes, then you’ll LOVE the one I wrote for my college physics class, The Aerodynamic Theory of Modern Flight. I really would like to get your opinion on the part I wrote about winged flight, by the way. A lot of what I wrote was simple science and data extrapolation... but you and your partner have actual personal experience to compare it to.“

Apparently I’d struck a nerve, because the cool, composed teenager suddenly looked very much a young wide-eyed school girl. “Really? Oh wow... that’s so totally awesome! Yes, please, I’d love to read it! Um, but you know I only have high school A.P. physics…” Katie giggled, and the redhead just smiled, shaking her head.

“Maybe, but you’ve actually flown!” I replied, then turned to the redhead. “What a great pleasure it is to finally meet you, Miss... Sioban,” I said grinning, kissing the back of her hand as well, as her mouth fell open in surprise. I guess most people pronounced it wrong at first. “Before you get overly impressed that I got that right, let me state for the record that I cheated, pronouncing it the same way Katie had inside her head. Although, from a language standpoint, using the Celtic pronunciation seems a bit obvious when you stop to think about it. Oh, and if I read her right I understand that you’ve taken my place as the Thunder Whisperer.“

“’Thunder Whisperer’?” echoed Sioban, looking back and forth between Katie and me.

Katie giggled as she spoke up. “Oh, it’s a good thing! You know how I told you that Jimmy used to sing to me during the thunderstorms.”

“Um, right?” prompted Sioban.

“Well, after I saw that movie ‘The Horse Whisperer’ I started calling Jimmy my Thunder Whisperer, because he could tame a wild thunderstorm just by being gentle.”

She smiled broadly at me and then back at Sioban.

Sioban blushed. But when she spoke it was with authority and with a lusty undertone. “Katherine Brianna Frasier, I’m proud and happy to be your Thunder Whisperer. I consider it an honor and a privilege.”

I gave Sioban my best smile, and I chuckled a bit at the lovely way she colored. “I can see why Katie is so smitten with you. And I have to say, you must be really proud of your partner. Ebony Angel really saved the day out there. You certainly trained her well.”

“Well, it’s more her natural ability and skill than anything that I taught her,” Sioban said, grinning at Tawnya, mussing her hair teasingly, “but yes, I’m very proud of the great job she did. We all are.” She glanced over at Devon, wincing slightly, her smile suddenly a bit strained. “And... um... this young lady? Your girlfriend, I presume?”

I smacked my forehead lightly. “Sorry... manners again. I’m easily distracted. Katie, Sioban, this is Devon McKinley, the love of my life and the reason I draw breath.” It was now Devon’s turn to blush, and though not as pale as Sioban, she certainly gave her a run for her money in the scarlet flush department. “Devon is my soulmate, in every sense of the word. We’ve literally dreamed about each other since we were kids. Most people were convinced she was just a delusion, part of my imagination running away with me, but as you can see, she’s really real.”

“Yep. And it’s the same with me,” Devon replied, leaning in close wrapping an arm around me. “My older sister used to tease me for years about the ‘imaginary playmate’ in my head, the guy whose life I seemed to be living out in my dreams. Frankly, it was a bit of a shock when we met face to face for the first time, but what can I say? When something’s meant to be, It’s meant to be.”

“Yeah,” Sioban said softly, nodding, staring sidelong at Katie. “I know what you mean.” She sighed softly in relief.

“Look, Sioban,” said Devon, “Tawnya told me about the whole Tear Memories... thing. I can’t help that I look like her. But I swear I’m not her. I don’t want anything from you other than to be your friend.“

“Yeah,” said Sioban in reply, “Tawnya talked to me about you too. I think I was pretty well prepared to meet you, but... you have no idea how... visceral those memories are. Meeting you in person is a little... unnerving. But thank you for understanding. I’m sure we’ll be the best of friends. All of us!” She smiled broadly and reached up to give Devon a warm hug.

Interesting, I mused, catching Sioban peeking longingly over Devon’s shoulder at my sister. Definite sparks there... though as usual, my baby sister seems pretty much oblivious. Might have to have a sit down conversation with her sometime soon. “So, Tawnya, I meant to ask earlier,” I said, regaining control of the conversation, “what happened after I... um... decided to... take a breather?“

“You mean when you gave your girlfriend a goofy grin and face-planted?” she clarified, teasing me, making me a member of the blushing-in-embarrassment club. “Not much. I knocked out the rest of Serpentina’s henchmen...”

“Singlehandedly?” I asked, quite impressed.

“Well,” She hemmed a bit, “me and my experimental sonic stun grenade.”

Okay, so she had some help. “Still...“

“Anyway,” She said hurriedly, apparently a bit embarrassed, “then I went inside and brought Snakey out in handcuffs.” She frowned, wrinkling her nose at the memory of the state in which she’d found Serpentina in her bedroom, and of she own failings during that confrontation. “With you safe and Serpy captured, I called for our ride, and a helicopter arrived to take us all to the airport, and from there back home safely.”

I nodded. “So, where’s Serpentina now? Cooling her heels in jail? They can’t have held a trial for her already—I know I haven’t been unconscious that long!“

“Well... not exactly,” Devon said, glancing away, not meeting my eyes.

“You haven’t told him yet?” Katie asked, glancing over at her.

“Wait... tell me what? Did I miss something here? Don’t tell me she escaped!“

“Oh, No! Nothing like that! Serpentina is currently at the Prentiss mansion,” Sioban explained with a sigh. “The, ah, grownups—Nigel, your parents, Eva, Constance, Angela, and Patricia... I would be there too if I hadn’t insisted on coming here instead—they are all trying to decide what exactly to do to her.”

She smirked before continuing. “After the... creative way you dealt with her to gain your freedom, it took Constance and Eva most of the past two days to restore her mind to the point where she would even be fit to stand trial. But along the way we all started to wonder... is jail really the best option? Even though we can stop her from using her hypnotic abilities on the guards, she’s a Syndicate boss, with money and connections throughout the criminal underworld. It wouldn’t take much effort for her to get loose again and start plotting her revenge.

She shook her head ruefully. “I mean, she’s much more dangerous than Sureshot, and look what happened with him when we just left him to the justice system. So... right now they’re all sitting around trying to decide on a better way to deal with her.“

I nodded grimly. Frankly, I’d been thinking along the same lines when I’d broached the question. As a card-carrying member of the badged Supers program, I’d put away quite a few bad guys in a fairly short amount of time. I was also only too aware of just how many of them were back on the streets again, either through slick high priced lawyers, or simply busting out of prison. What was that term Uncle Parker was so fond of... the ‘Never Ending Battle’? It was pretty much part and parcel of the job description... you stop the bad guy and lock him up, and sooner or later he gets free and you do the whole dance over again. And that was fine, under most circumstances.

The good guys played by the rules. But well... sometimes the rules just didn’t apply. From what I’d learned previously, the rules hadn’t applied to my Uncle Duncan Frasier. And if my opinion mattered in the slightest bit, the rules wouldn’t apply to Ms. Christina ‘Serpentina’ Montenegro.

“Okay,” I said sliding out of bed, wincing slightly as my knees wobbled, willing myself not to face-plant in front of this group of women. “Okay,” I said again, finding my equilibrium. “I need my clothes. Will someone get them for me?”

“Jimmy? What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Devon asked. “You need to stay in bed!”

“Not a chance, baby-mine,” I said gently but firmly. “If there’s a meeting to decide the fate of the woman that put my mind, body, and soul through the grinder, then I’m damn sure going to be there.” I glanced at each of their faces, daring them to gainsay me, knowing full well in my current state any of them, including Devon, could lay me flat without even trying. “Well?” I challenged, crossing my arms. After a moment, Katie sighed, and walked over to the closet, and took out my clothes.

“Alright, Jimmy. You made your point,” she said with a smirk. “But if a stiff breeze blows you over and makes you land on your ass, don’t blame us.”

* * *

Serpentina groaned softly, opening her eyes, taking in her surroundings. She was lying naked, chained hand and foot to what appeared to be a large circular stone slab in the middle of a wooded clearing. Her head hurt, and her vision was somewhat blurry, no doubt from the drugs her captors had pumped her full of. Still, her head, though aching, was clear for the first time in hours, and considering what had happened to her since the last time she felt this lucid, she was honestly surprised to be conscious at all! Cassie, you little fucking bitch! she snarled inwardly, you’d better hope to God that these fuckers kill me, because if I manage to get out of here alive, I swear the hell I put you through will make what I did to that punk ass Umbra guy seem like a fucking picnic!

The rustle of leaves at her side caught her attention, and she growled, pulling at her restraints as seven figures clad in long black and grey robes entered the clearing. And despite being in a well-lit jungle clearing, all their faces somehow remained in shadow, completely obscured.

She opened her mouth to yell, to curse, to demand to know what was happening, and threaten bloody murder if they didn’t release her immediately. To her horror, she found herself instead struck completely mute, unable to say a word.

It wasn’t as if there were some kind of invisible gag in her mouth, physically preventing her from speaking. It was more like she didn’t remember how to. She somehow could not unlock the secret of making sounds come out of her mouth at all. That realization frightened her more than she could admit, even to herself. And so she reacted to her fear the way she always had. She channeled it into a blinding rage. Unfortunately, there was nothing to do with that rage except to quiver and struggle impotently in her chains.

The seven figures, other than giving her an occasional glance now and again, seemed completely intent on ignoring her presence.

What the fuck is this?!? she screamed inwardly, struggling again. What the hell did you do to me, you sick fucks? If you know what’s good for you, you’d better let me go right fucking now!

“Well, allow me to be the first to say it. The ‘right ’ thing to do is to go through the legal system,” the shortest one said, without enthusiasm. “Send her to jail and lock her away in maximum security. Let the system do what it was designed for.”

“Really? The system?” the man’s taller companion replied, skepticism dripping from every syllable. “Eu-garble, we both know good and well that the system is flawed. The SYSTEM tried to put your son away for life, and if his father had been anyone but you, the poor lad would be rotting away in prison right now! The system is why your company got disassembled and sold off to the highest bidder even when it was CLEARLY a victim of sabotage!” He shook his head. “No, Eu-garble. The system works for some things, maybe... but for the ones that play on our scale, the system is a joke.“

“A joke?” the man replied brusquely. “Ach, N-garble lad... I ken ye were cynical, but I never knew ye were a pessimist as well. But alas, I must confess that my confidence in the system is a mite shaken too. I put the ‘good’ and ‘right’ position on the table nae because I have great confidence in it. All of us, except you, N-garble, and lovely C-garble, have fought for many a year on the side of ‘good’ and ‘right’. I put that position on the table in hope that we will weight all our other options against it. In hope that we will ultimately act not on our baser impulses, but upon the noblest ideals we can manage.“

The shortest one then turned to the one next to the tall one. " P-garble, ye yerself are a pillar of the verra system we are so casually casting aside! And are ye not even now contemplating higher office?“

“Well, what better way to fix what’s broken than from the inside?” another cloaked figure, a woman, replied. “Granted, I’m not naive enough to think I can fix everything by myself. I’m no miracle worker. But at least I have an accurate picture of what some of the really big problems are that need to be addressed.”

“No need to campaign in here, P-garble dear,” another female voice replied with a chuckle, reaching out and taking her hand. “Eu-garble and I already gave you our support.“

“Okay, okay, people,” the tall male voice said with authority, “I think we’re getting off track here. The question is: what do we do with the... creature... lying helpless before us right now?”

Serpentina let out a loud howl of fury, her frustration at these events reaching its limit. How DARE you fuckers sit here and talk about me as if I’m not even here?!? Let me up! LET ME UP! I swear, I’ll rip out every one of your eyeballs and wear them as a necklace!!

“Well, I know we touched on this earlier, as a jest,” a different hooded female spoke, glaring directly at Serpentina, “but maybe we actually SHOULD consider the option of having her put down.” That caught her attention, and she froze, looking up at the robed figure in shock.

“Ev-garble and I have been keeping her pretty much ‘locked down’ and under control, but seriously, after wading through the sewer this... person calls a mind, I feel like I need to shower for about a week! She’s actually lying there now, plotting to somehow get free and kill us all... and, get this, wear our eyeballs as a necklace!” She shook her head. “I mean, really... who thinks of shit like that?“

FUCK! The bitch is reading my mind! Serpentina screeched silently.

“Well,” a fourth woman replied with a savage grin, “C-garble and I could always fix the issue of her dirty mind once and for all by scrubbing it nice and clean, you know.“

“Ev-garble,” the short man said in warning. The female figured simply shrugged and sighed.

“All right. But just know you owe us both big time for putting up with this. C-garble wasn’t exaggerating when she said compared this bitch’s mind to a sewer!“

* * *

“Well, having been inside her mind to an extent myself,” I said loudly, as Katie, Sioban, Tawnya, and I entered the large conference room, “I can’t help but agree with that assessment.” Tired, but determined, I looked over the huge round table where the woman who had tortured me for five hellish weeks was splayed spread eagle, staring up at me as if I were a purple four-headed alien. “Sorry to intrude, but when I heard what was being discussed here, I decided to come by and add in my two cents.”

“Jimmy?” Mom said briskly, running over to hug me. I tensed, expecting to be crushed into pulp... but no. Whoa... brown hair. Normal strength level, maybe even a bit... weaker than a normal woman. I guess Katie was right... her powers really are gone. “Oh Goddess, Jimmy, what did she do to you! And what are you doing here? You should still be in the hospital resting!“

“Heh. We told him as much,” Katie replied, rolling her eyes. “But nobody does ‘stubborn’ quite like a Frasier.”

I nodded in affirmative, glancing around the room. My dad was in a wheelchair standing next to a tall man in a black business suit, an older version of Uncle Parker’s database pictures of Nigel Grimalde, aka, Blackfinger. Aunt Eva stood next to a small, cute Asian girl. The two of them seemed to be locked in a staring match with Serpentina. The other two women I’d never met before, though they matched Uncle Parker’s database pictures of the ‘Angels’ whom Grimalde had taken down before I was born. An odd crew to be sure, but Katie had assured me on the way over that we were all the bestest of besties now.

“So, what’s been decided so far?” I asked, walking slowly, unsteadily, towards a small chair in the corner.

“We’re barely begun discussing that, lad,” Eugene said wearily. “There’s no decision on anything yet. Options on the table so far are turning her in to the police, wrong her mind, and, it has been mentioned, the ‘final solution’.”

“Final? As in killing her?” Katie piped in, staring thoughtfully at the shackled and bound woman. “Okay. That gets my vote.”

“WHAT?” several voices protested in shock.

Lacie started, “Katherine Bri—”

“DAMN RIGHT!” shouted Tawnya.

“Okay, everyone,” said Nigel sternly, looking at Tawnya, “One at a time. Katherine, you have the floor.”

“Thank you, Mr., ah, Nigel. And don’t you dare shush me, Mom. I’m dead serious. And I know what I mean by ‘dead’,” Katie said quietly but forcefully. “That woman starved and tortured my brother to the point where he can barely walk. Look at him. Look at him! Now tell me that she deserves to draw breath.“

Looking at Sioban, she could see that her friend was torn, that she disagreed strongly with what Katie was saying, but was ready to fight to the death for her right to say it.

Seeing the redhead nod back in support, Katie continued, “And that’s barely the half of it. She sent an assassin to try and kill me, Mr. Grimalde, and his entire family. She’s a sadistic murdering bitch with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. And the reason we’re even having this discussion is the very real possibility that if we send her to prison, she’ll be out again before the echo of the cell door closing even fades! The woman is a rabid dog, and she needs to be put down, period.“

“Katie Ann!” Eugene said in admonishment. “Yer talking about murdering a woman in cold blood! No matter how cruel and evil a human being she is, ye cannae just take the law into yer own hands out of anger!”

“Oh really?” Nigel cut in, coming to Katie’s defense. “I seem to recall a certain Scotsman doing exactly only a few weeks prior. Does the name Duncan Frasier ring a bell?“

“Th-that was different!” Eugene protested heatedly. “Killing Duncan was a necessity. He would have destroy the entire world if he wasnae stopped!”

“And you don’t think Serpentina is just as evil as Duncan was?” Angela asked, pointedly, adding her voice for the first time. “Eugene, the woman sent an assassin to our home, to kill everyone in the premises, including the kids! The man all but gloated about it! And she personally brutally tortured your son! How can you not want to rip her apart with your own bare hands?“

“I DO WANT TO KILL THE BLOODY BITCH!” Eugene yelled, startling everyone. “Ye think I dinnae care what she did to my son? My one and only boy? I’d love nothing better than to slowly painfully peel the skin from her bones!” The woman at the center of the table flinched. Eugene sighed deeply, closing his eyes. “But that would make us no better than her. And that, lads and lassies, is the point. This is nae about revenge. It’s about justice. It’s even about self-protection. But we cannae cross that little white line that separates us from vermin like her, no matter how mighty the temptation.”

Everyone went silent at that. I waited for a moment, and when no one else spoke, I stood up again. “My father is right. This isn’t about revenge. It is about self-protection. That is why we contemplate options that none of us would otherwise entertain. To safe our loved ones, and ourselves, from ever confronting this horror again. And it is about justice. But that also begs the question of what is just? How do you pay someone back for the horrors they inflicted upon another living person? I mean, if Hitler were still alive, if he’d been captured by the Allied Forces at the end of World War II, what would have been justice for him? Would it even be possible for him to pay for all the lives he had taken? All the lives he had tortured and twisted?“

“Well, son, while I appreciate the sentiment,” Nigel said with a frown, “you can’t really compare a two-bit snake like Serpentina to Hitler—”

“Oh, but you can,” I said, cutting him off. “Evil isn’t measured solely by power. It’s measured in the heart and in the will. If not Hitler, then Moammar Gaddafi, or Pol Pot, or any other sadistic tin-pot dictator. Because that’s what she is... maybe not of an entire country, but she’s is the leader of wide-spread criminal organization that spans our entire country. She has her own private army, her own supers, for god’s sake! And if selling brainwashed sex slaves on the black market isn’t the next worst thing to the Holocaust, then I don’t know what is!“

I was panting now, getting a little too excited for my own good. “Look... I’m not saying we should kill the... woman. And that alone is something of a personal sacrifice for me. The only other person who knows what I truly endured at Serpentina’s hands is my girlfriend, Devon, because she lived it along with me in her dreams at night thanks to our bond. That alone makes me want THE BITCH’S HEAD.“

The room spun for a second, but I got it back under control through sheer force of will. I took a deep calming breath. Just a little bit more. Just until I make my point. Then I can rest. “But... we’re talking justice, not revenge. And what would truly be just for a soulless monster like her is to suffer for the rest of her life until she finally earns redemption, until she finally learns empathy for the pain of others.“

* * *

Jennifer Rose Contreras sighed deeply, as she hung up her cell phone, taking a second to simply enjoy the moment. Her bank account had received the wire transfer as promised, with a rather sizable bonus attached from the Boss himself. She was, as of now, an embarrassingly wealthy woman. She could finally afford to do it. It’s been fifteen years. Truth to tell I was ready for it to take another fifteen, but now that’s not necessary. I have everything I need to finally be able to take care of her myself. Standing just outside the sanitarium, she found herself hesitant for the first time in ages, as if now that she was finally capable of fulfilling the promise she’d made, she was scared to actually go through with it.

She turned away, gasping, clutching her chest, panting, sweating heavily, her heart beating a mile a minute. What the fuck is wrong with me?!? she asked herself angrily. I visit her all the time, and now I can’t even go in the fucking building? This is what it was all for! All the missions, all the danger. This point, this moment. All I have to do is go in there and bring her out... take her to the warm and loving home I made for her, where she can be looked after and cared for! Hell, after what I did to her, it’s the very least I could do. So... why am I so scared? Why does it feel like the damn ground is crumbling underneath my feet?!?

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, forcing herself to calm down. In a practiced move done thousands of times before, she drew the cigarette pack from her jacket pocket, smacked the back against her thigh, and snatched the cigarette pushed free with two fingers before sliding the pack back into her pocket. A flick of her lighter, and she inhaled, drawing the calming, soothing smoke into her lungs once more. Sighing, she turned her mind again to her problem, trying to think of how to proceed, and what to do next, when it hit her—that was the issue. That was what was scaring her shitless.

Having lived half her life with a single all-consuming goal in mind, what did she do now that she was there? What would she do with the rest of her life? Obviously, she would spend time with her poor, damaged friend, and love and care for her... but beyond that, what would she do? Five minutes went by, then ten, as she rolled her predicament around in her mind, over and over.

This is crazy. I shouldn’t be obsessing over this so much, she told herself, stamping out the empty butt, drawing and lighting another cigarette without a second’s pause. It was just a job. And my job doesn’t define me. Dammit, I’m not that weak-willed, drug-addicted little whore I was before Frasier rescued me off the streets... and I’m sure as hell not the obedient little slave-slut I was before I that... that monster died in the explosion! She shuddered slightly as a face glimmered briefly in her memory, before fading again. The psychics and deprogrammers that had worked on her years earlier had tried again and again to suppress that part of her life, to soften the memory of the thing that had so nearly destroyed everything that made Jennifer Rose Contreras a person. And yet, still, after all this time, in times of great stress, His grotesque slimy-sticky-sweet face would appear to her again, gloating, laughing, taunting her... calling to her.

“You’ll never be rid of me, sugar,“ he’d promised her at the end, even as he’d succumbed to the crushing weight of the rubble on his chest. “I’ll always be with you, girl. Mine... until death claims you... just like spice.” At the time those words had been her hope, her fondest wish, that her glorious Master would somehow guide her from the grave. But now—

Rose gagged, lurching over, vomiting helplessly as her stomach clenched tightly in pain. It was no good. No good at all. She wasn’t ready. Not yet.

Not until... not until I’ve finally banished Him from my head once and for all. Until she could successfully put the past behind her, she’d never be able to move forward. She’d never be able to be the person Chloe needs. Sighing heavily, she stood up again, and pulled her jacket back around her, tightly.

“I’m sorry, Chloe,” she said softly, turning away from the hospital, rubbing lightly at the wetness running down her cheeks. “I really am. Just give me little more time, okay?” She paused to stare at the building once more before turning away, walking across the immaculate, peaceful, bucolic lawn. Back to the parking lot. Back to her car.

“Just a little more time, Chloe... and I swear I’ll be back to bring you out of there.” Starting the engine of her beat up old car, she paused to light one last cigarette before driving off into the night. Back to her apartment. Back to her demons.

* * *

“That’s quite a young man you’ve raised, Frasier,” Nigel Grimalde commented, idly, lounging in his recliner, seated at the desk in his office.

“Aye, I was thinking just the same thing,” Eugene Frasier replied, taking a sip of tea from the cup in front of him. “I’d like to think I helped contribute in some small way to that integrity, but in truth, the lad is simply just a good lad.” He shook his head ruefully. “When I think about what that snake did to him... Nigel... I—”

“I understand, Eugene,” he said quietly, “I truly do. I went through something similar with your daughter last week over Sureshot. That fucker... he shot Constance, shot Darryl, shot Tawnya and Sioban, and tried to shoot my kids! I wanted to... I wanted to hit the man in the head with a hammer and not stop until he was strawberry jelly.” He sighed. “But seeing young Katherine suffering that same rage, wrestling with those same urges... it was enough to force me to control my own anger... for her sake.“

“Aye. And I appreciate it more than ye can ever imagine,” Gene said with a sad smile.

“All finished,” Eva said wearily, walking into the office with Connie in tow. “We put in all the behavioral modifications you ordered, and tamped down on the control over her powers. She’s now a tame obedient little minx. If she tries to use her powers on anyone without your permission, or tries to hurt either one of you, the thought will just slide away.”

“Slide away?” asked Nigel.

“Like Teflon-coated greased soap,” chimed Connie, “She won’t be able to hold onto the thought at all. It will just bubble away into the aether.”

“And Master, if she keeps trying,” said Eva, “she’ll be irresistibly drawn to, ah, punish herself.” Connie and Eva shared a giggle over the sheer deviousness of the punishment subroutine.

Eugene sighed dramatically. “Evangeline, dear, what have I told ye about calling me ‘Master’ in public?”

“In public?” she replied rolling her eyes. “Nigel and Constance don’t count! They both know very well the kind of relationship we have, as they share the exact same kind. Nigel is Connie’s Master after all!”

“That’s nae the point, lass!’ Gene insisted, scowling. “Eva, yer a bloody psychic. How can ye possibly not know what I meant?“

“Oh, I think she knows precisely what you mean, Eugene,” Nigel replied in amusement, the voice of the experienced harem master. “She wants you to punish her. She’s winding you up on purpose.” He chuckled softly. “Seems like you have quite a little spitfire there, Frasier.“

“He’s not the only one, Master,” Constance replied with a seductive grin, sidling up to Nigel, making a show of grinding herself against him. “Your sweet, sexy Constance is a real spitfire too, you know? Or... maybe you just need me to remind you?” This time Eugene chuckled loudly as Nigel sighed shaking his head ruefully.

“You know I blame this behavior on you, Frasier,” he said in deadpan humor. “Between your wild daughter, your wife, and now the newest addition to your harem,” he said, gesturing at Eva, “you’re setting a bad example for my girls.”

“All humor aside,” Eugene said after a moment, “I’ve been doing some thinking, About Serpentina... and yer decision to put Blackfinger out to pasture for good. It seems to me that we have an opportunity here to kill two birds with one stone.”

“Hmm? What do you mean?”

“Think about it. Half the criminal element know about the fiede between the two of ye. Why not use that to yer advantage? Why not simply spread the word that after a long drawn out and hard fought battle, Serpentina managed to crush Blackfinger once and for all?”

Nigel turned to gape at him. “Are you, to use one of your own terms, daft? Why in hell would I bother spreading such an insane rumor, particularly one that makes me look weak enough to fall to that crazy bitch?!?“

“Because that’s the very point after all,” Eugene pointed out. “Ye want Blackfinger to fall, and what better way that to be crushed by an enemy with the resources and money of only surviving leader of the Syndicate?” He held up a hand to forestall Nigel’s rebuttal. “But ye’re missing the other part of the equation. As the victor of yer feud she would naturally take over yer territory, adding it to her own. As the sole remaining head of the Syndicate, the only one of the original four still alive, that makes her the Syndicate’s undisputed ruler. But Serpentina is now under our control, meaning we decide what actions she takes from here on out.“

Suddenly, Nigel connected the dots, and grinned laughing. “Oh my... that’s good. Brilliant! Just perfect! The reason I never made a move against her when she first became a problem was concern about the power vacuum that would emerge if she were suddenly eliminated. But this is even better! We let her stay in power, help her organize and consolidate her power, and we keep the whole thing in check. Best of all, by neutralizing the Syndicate but keeping it around and in play, we prevent worse organizations like the Fist, or the Yakuza, or Triad from moving in.”

Eugene smirked. “Aye, that’s the idea. Just remember, the idea is to neutralize the Syndicate and curtail their activates, not to simply take over and rule in the demented lass’s place!“

“Why, Eugene, you wound me deeply.” Nigel said with a chuckle. “I assure you, the thought never crossed my mind. But seriously... I’ve never wanted to ‘run everything’, and I doubt I ever will.” Standing up, he walked to the door leading back to the basement. “So, partner, shall we go and greet the ‘new and improved’ Serpentina, version 2.0?”

* * *

“Cheers!” Katie said, holding up her glass of diet coke, clinking it lightly against Tawnya’s lemonade and Sioban’s wine before taking a deep drink. They were all seated at the ‘Frasier’ table at Lorenzo’s, waiting for the waiter to arrive and take their order.

Upon learning they’d come for dinner, Lorenzo himself had met them at the door, enveloping Katie a bear hug and crying with her again over the loss of poor Jessica. Then he turned to the two Angels, giving them a sincere and deeply heartfelt apology for what has happened that night months ago, promising to make them both ‘the very best meal he had ever prepared in his life’ to make up for it. Despite the humiliation they’d felt earlier, the girls kindly accepted, telling the humble culinary genius that all was forgiven.

“So, what’s good here?” Tawnya asked after they were seated, glancing at the menu.

“Well, the short answer would be everything,” Katie said with a chuckle, “but I think, considering your usual tastes, you might like the Orecchiette Suprema. It’s kind of spicy but not the ‘hot’ kind of spicy. It’s really good.“

“Mmmm, okay. Sounds good to me. What are you having?”

“I was thinking about the parmesan Tagliatelle Marvioso, myself,” Katie said, closing her menu. “It’s my new favorite, though I suppose eventually I’ll move on to another one. I’m actually working my way slowly through the whole menu,” she added with a giggle. “What about you, Bonnie?“

“I think I’ll go with the Roasted Quail, the side of charred scallops and roasted mushrooms really makes that one special.” Both girls merely gaped at her, and she shrugged, coloring slightly. “What? I did say I’ve eaten here before, after all. There’s a lot of great cuisine on this menu aside from just the pasta.”

“Hey!” Tawnya said suddenly. “Katie. Show me that trick again.”

“Huh? Trick? What trick?”

“You know, the quarters trick!” she said, grinning widely. “Have you seen this yet, Bon-bon? It’s absolutely amazing!”

“Um, no, I don’t think so,” she said, looking at Katie. “What kind of trick is she talking about?”

“Oh, that... she means demonstrating my ‘good luck’. I’ve been trying to learn to control it a bit more over the past few weeks, instead of just hoping and praying for it to kick in.” Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out four quarters. “So far I’ve just managed to do five successfully. Any more than that and it gives me a migraine, but I think I can handle it.”

“Here, I have a quarter,” Sioban replied, handing one over to her. “But can you please explain what you’re about to do for the uninitiated?”

Katie grinned, tossing the stack of quarters lightly in her hand a few times. “Well, Mom and Dad tell me it’s a ‘demonstration of bending probability’. Whatever. Sioban, you’re an engineering professor and a math whiz, so I’m sure you understand it way better than I do. The standard belief is that if you flip a two-sided coin, the chances of it landing on either heads or tails is fifty-fifty—one or the other, right?” Taking a single quarter, she placed it flat on her thumb, and grinned a truly evil grin, “But there are actually other possibilities as well.”

“Other possibilities? Other than heads and tails?” Sioban replied, thinking. “I’m sorry Katie. I’m pretty good at thinking outside the box, but what other way can a two-sided coin come up except heads or t—HOLY SHIT!!” she exclaimed. The quarter Katie had just flipped had landed on the table, spinning for several seconds before coming to rest... on its edge. “That’s... that amazing! The odds against must be... astronomical!” Sioban stated, staring at the coin closely. She started mumbling to herself, “The ratio of the radius to the thickness... factor in the base area of the two nubs of milling that it’s resting on... and the difference in height of the center of mass.” Finally the redhead genius gave up, shaking her head, “Oh... My... Gawd. And... and you said you can do that four more times?“

“Yep,” Katie replied flipping two more quarters, one right after the other, having them both land edgewise as well. “And again, I’m no math genius or anything, so I can’t even begin to come up with the numbers behind that, but I’d think as rare as it would be for it to happen once, the chances of it happening again in a row would have to increase dramatically, right?”

“More like astronomically,” Tawnya said, slightly dazed, despite having seen her do the trick before. “I mean, it’s not impossible or anything, but it’s damned improbable!“

“Then get ready to push improbable to the very borderline of impossibility,” Katie said with a grin.

“Asymptote,” said Sioban.

“What?” said Katie.

“Asymptote,” said the redhead again, “It’s a math term, a boundary that you can get ever closer to, but never actually touch really.”

“Fffwah!” said Katie, flabbergasted, “Have I ever told you how fucking sexy you are when you geek out like that?” Sioban blushed, but Katie continued. Taking the last two quarters, placing them both on her left thumb. “So let’s see how close I can get to the, um, asymptote?—” She looked at Sioban, who smiled and nodded back, “—to the asymptote of impossible. This one usually gives me a headache all by itself, but the more I practice the easier it gets, so maybe I’ll be okay this time.” Closing her eyes, she flipped both coins simultaneously... and watched them land, bounce and spin... and come to a stop on the edge, perfectly balanced on top of one another!

“HOLY FUCK!” both Angels exclaimed in unison, staring in disbelief at the two coins. Katie winced, rubbing the bridge of her nose briskly for a moment, then smiled wanly. Around the room conversations stopped. Heads turned in their direction.

“Well, that hurt less than the last time, but I still might need some Tylenol later. I have to say, girls, all that noise didn’t help.”

“Sorry, baby,” said Sioban, “but that was damned impressive! Look, I’m, ah, only estimating here, but what you just did... it’s got to be at least as improbable... as... as... macroscopic quantum tunneling.”

“Huh?” said Katie, bewildered and blushing.

“Bonnie, you’re doing it again,” Tawnya giggled, “I think the poor girl is gonna have an orgasm before you ever touch her tonight! Katie, I think she just said that it was about as unlikely as being able to reach through the table.“

“That doesn’t sound like such a big deal,” Katie answered, “Your buddy Ghost Girl does that kinda thing all the time!”

“Yeah,” said Sioban, “but I seriously doubt that her method involves quantum tunneling. Shit, this is incredible!”

“Damn, girl,” Tawnya murmured, shaking her head, “You should forget the super hero gig. Hell, the three of us should go to Las Vegas and hit the casinos! We’d clean the entire city out!”

“Sorry, I’m not allowed in Las Vegas or Reno, Atlantic City either,” Katie said, taking a drink of soda. “My parents took Jimmy and I to Atlantic City on vacation once when we were kids, maybe five or six. Between me making all the slots machines simultaneously hit jackpot and Jimmy’s bad luck shorting out the entire video poker section and nearly starting a fire, our family was literally banned from entering the city again.”

Sioban and Tawnya both laughed aloud at that.

“Seriously! Our pictures are listed in the security room of every casino on the boardwalk. And I think it’s true what they say about the same syndicate owning Vegas and Reno too. We’ve heard that our pictures are up in those places too. They’ve even been keeping tabs on us. They have current pictures.” She shrugged. “Still, I guess we could always try some place out of the country? Monte Carlo? Bahrain?”

After another nice round of laughter and small talk, Katie sighed softly. “Yanno... I’m really going to miss you both when you leave for Norway tomorrow.”

“Yes, I know, Katie-cat,” Sioban said gently, taking her hand gently, rubbing the back of it. “I feel bad about leaving you here, after all we’ve been through lately. And I’m going to miss you so much. Are you sure you don’t want to join us? I mean, your mom and dad are going... we could make it into a whole Grimalde-Frasier family road trip. Wouldn’t that be great?“

Katie shook her head. “You know I’d love to come with you. Any excuse to spend more time with my two best friends,” casting smoldering look at Sioban, “and loves... but I have work to do, You know that.“

“Awww,” T-baby said with a pout, then a wicked smirk. “Y’know, you could always... like... postpone... that important work of yours for a week or two,” she said seductively. Katie gasped, shuddering slightly as she felt something soft and warm caress her naked thigh. Glancing down, she spied Tawnya’s long slim bare foot rubbing gently against her upper thigh, having slid covertly out of her high heel.

Her long shapely toes were lightly stroking the ultra-sensitive space between Katie’s thighs. That sensation combined with the look of completely innocence on the face of the dark skinned Angel combined to send her arousal skyrocketing.

Why you naughty little minx! Katie thought in delight, then gasped again as she felt a second pale soft bare sole caressing her other leg. She glanced sidelong at Sioban, who merely sipped idly from her wineglass, not even making eye contact, but the slight crinkling at the corner of her mouth gave her away.

Significantly shorter than her partner, Bon-bon had had to skooch up a bit in her chair to extend her small delicate ped into position, but unlike Tawnya, Sioban had gone straight for the kill, pushing aside the thin folds of Katie’s skirt, rubbing deftly at Katie’s rapidly moistening pussy with her soft, dainty toes.

“Yes, Katie,” Sioban asked, eyes half lidded, “are you absolutely sure we can’t convince you to come with us on this trip?” Sioban’s evil smile looked so startling on her childish face, punctuating her last words with deft caresses of Katie’s clitoris, she purred, “I think we can guarantee that you’ll have a very... very... very... very good time?“

Hands shaking slightly, Katie gulped down her soda, draining it empty before she could manage a reply. “You two ladies certainly know how to tempt a girl,” she admitted breathlessly, “but I really can’t. This is the perfect time to put my master plan into motion!”

The Angel girls didn’t even flinch. Good. I’ve finally got them conditioned to the point that I don’t have to blank them every time I mention the plan. What a hassle that was! She continued, “My father and your Master will be gone out of the country. And later tonight, my brother Jimmy is leaving for Portland to start his medical school training. So the three biggest hurdles to my plan are all willingly leaving the game. If this isn’t a ‘lucky coincidence’ I don’t know what one is! I have to do this and do it now, loves.“

Sighing, their minds walled off from thinking too hard about ‘The Plan’ and what it entailed, thinking only that they were resigned to Katie’s rejection of their overture, both girls straightened up and pulled back, but Katie stopped them by clenching her legs together, keeping them from pulling their feet from her lap. “Hey, I said I couldn’t go,” she said with a wicked smirk of her own, “I didn’t say to stop trying to convince me.”

Glancing up, she saw their waiter approaching their table. “Tawnya, Sioban. I have an idea. Let’s play a little game again when the waiter arrives. When he takes our orders, we each have to deliver it with a straight face without cracking up. The one who does the best job gets a special prize, but anyone who fails the challenge get a penalty.” She slipped off her sandals, extending her own feet into their laps. “So, what do you say, ladies? Accept my challenge?”

Sioban frowned, looking ready to refuse, to comment on it being childish or something, but Tawnya replied, “Yeah. You’re going down, babe! Bring it on!“

Sighing, rolling her eyes skyward, Sioban agreed as well. “Okaaaay.”

“Ah, Miss Frasier! So good to see you again,” the waiter, Marco, replied with a smile. “And with such lovely company too. First of all, I wished to let you know that Mr. Lorenzo has insisted that this meal is on the house, compliments of the chef.” Katie nodded, then squeaked softly as both angels began teasing and tickling her lightly underneath the table. The waiter frowned slightly, but said nothing. “So, are you ladies ready to order?”

“I... I’m still theeeinking,” Katie managed, smiling widely, “please, go to theeeee others first, pleeeease.”

“Um... very well,” the waiter said, eyebrow raised, turning to Sioban. “How about you, Miss? Do you know what you want to eat?”

“Yes, actually, I think I’ll have aaaaaahhhh,” she nearly squealed as Katie drew he fingers lightly across the underside of her foot. She paused, catching he breath. Her soft tiny foot spasmed briskly in Katie’s lap, clenching tightly. “Ahem... excuse me... I mean... I’d like... r-r-roasted... quail,” she said through clenched teeth, “with Ch-ch-charred scallops,” her face twisted into a ‘jokeresque’ grin, “and... r-r-roasted... mushrooms,” she said, biting the inside of her lip to stifle the braying laughter threatening to break loose.

“Very good, Ma’am,” the waiter said, with a smirk, sensing something of the game going on at the table. “And to drink?” he asked, purposely prolonging her agony. “Would you like more wine?” Not trusting herself to speak, Sioban nodded frantically. “Very good then.” Turning back to Katie, he asked with a brazen smirk. “Do you think you’re ready now, Miss Frasier?”

“Yes, actually... I’ll haaa.. have theheee... um,” she said visually squirming in her seat as both of her feet were tickled by the wicked little devils across from her. “my usual!” she blurted out, clenching the side of the table hard enough that the heavy oak wood cracked slightly.

“Ah, very good. And to drink?”

“Thheeehee saaaaemmee,” she managed through gritted teeth as well. The waiter nodded, chuckling softly, before turning at last to the dark skinned beauty.

“And you, Miss, what will you be having?”

“I’ll have the... mmmhpph,” she gasped, clamping a hand over her mouth as Katie and Sioban, seeking revenge, began tickling her long sweet supple soles. “I’ll... have... hee... hehe... ooh... ohhh shit... oh shit... I forgot... what its... caallll-aaahahahaha-HAHAHAHAH-HAHAHAH-HAH-HAH!” she squealed, bursting into raucous laughter. Katie and Sioban immediately withdrew their hands, allowing their defeated comrade to compose herself.

“If I remember correctly,” Katie replied with a grin, “my friend decided to have the Orecchiette Supreeeeeee-hhhhhhheeee-hahahahahahaaa!!” she squealed, bursting into laughter suddenly as Tawnya, the sore loser, raked her nails unexpectedly down her sole. Withdrawing her foot quickly, rubbing it briskly along the carpeted floor, she stuck out a tongue at Tawnya, who responded in kind. The waiter merely laughed.

“And I’ll assume you want more diet cola as well,” he said with a wink. “Alright ladies, I’ll return with your order shortly. I’d wish you all to have a good time here tonight, but you already seem to be doing so.” Grinning wickedly, he made his way back to the kitchen.

“Well,” Sioban said, panting, smiling smugly, “I’d say I won that little game. So what’s my prize?”

“Hey! I think I won,” Katie protested with a pout. “T cheated! I’d already had my turn, and she’d already lost when she tickled me out of the blue!”

“You were talking to the waiter,” Tawnya pointed out chuckling. “So it counts. You never said it was over after one turn after all.”

Katie sighed. She had a point. “Okay, you win. All hail the victor, Sioban! And as the winner, you, oh Great and Mighty Mistress Bon-bon, can command us, your loyal and obedient slave girls to do anything you desire,” she said, remarkably, with a straight face., “but only here at the table, while we’re dining tonight.“

Sioban smirked, tapping her cheek lightly, pretending to consider. “Hmm... anything I want, as long as it’s done right here and right now, eh?” Unsurprisingly, Katie soon found the ginger beauty’s feet back in her lap, toes wiggling playfully. “How about you remind me just a bit of how you seduced me when I came home from University the night after the shooting?” she said in a low sexy voice. Katie sighed softly, moaning softly in memory herself, and quickly nodded, gesturing to Tawnya.

“You heard her, my Milk Chocolate Lovely,” she said, invoking Tawnya’s own trigger phrase, “she wants to relive her night of Sapphic bliss, so let’s give it to her. Slide underneath the table and up underneath her dress, and bring Mistress Bon-bon to an earthshaking orgasm.“

“Mmm... yes Ma’am,” Tawnya replied in a sleepy sultry voice, sliding deftly down underneath the tablecloth, gently moving between her partner’s slim muscular thighs. Just then, the waiter returned with everyone’s drinks, placing them carefully on the table.

“Here you go, ladies,” he said, glancing at the empty chair. “Um... excuse me, but where did your friend go? I didn’t see her get up and I’m pretty sure I didn’t pass her on the way to your table.” Katie glanced at Sioban, raising an eyebrow.

“OH! Um, she, um, forgot something... out in the caaaAAAHHrrrr!’ she managed gasping, then covering with a fake cough. The waiter merely smirked, taking a step back, spying a pair of pink painted toes poking out from underneath the long tablecloth.

“I see,” he said casually, winking at Katie a bit, before leaning slightly against the table. “Tell me, Miss,” he said turning to face Sioban directly, “how are you enjoying your stay at our fine establishment tonight so far?”

“OH! It’s... um... quite enjoyable,” she said, squirming slightly, shifting her hips as Tawnya finished her foreplay and began delving in in earnest. “Ohh! Um, it’s a very... nnnniiicceee... at-at-atmosphere,” she continued, looking at Katie pointedly, gesturing lightly with her head, clearing wanting her to distract the waiter so she could relax and enjoy herself. Katie, however, was enjoying the situation far too much to let it stop now.

“Ooops! Silly me! I dropped my fork,” Katie said loudly, bending down underneath the table to find it. “Just give me a moment... I’m sure I can find it.” Sioban blinked, her eyes going wide as saucers as the gentle teasing and stroking on her soft little feet was suddenly replaced by a non-too-gentle sucking of her tiny baby cherry toes! Combined with the vigorous licking and sucking of her hot wet pussy, and the obvious attention of the waiter, who clearly knew something was going on and wanted to see how it all played out, it was nearly enough to send her over the edge then and there. Having to keep up the pretense of a conversation with the man added a whole new dimension to it all.

“So, have you ever been here before, Miss?” the waiter asked, grinning evilly, as the tormented redhead’s hips began to buck slightly. “Most of our first-time guests order pasta, after all.”

“UUhhhnn... yeess... uhnn... been here... before... mmmm... lots,” Sioban managed, eyes half-lidded in pleasure. Katie and Tawnya were teasing her so expertly, keeping her on the edge, yet holding back just enough to let her keep her grip on sanity a little longer. It was, in other words, exactly like the night Katie had enslaved her.

Closing her eyes now, she could almost slip back into that moment... of Katie and Connie seducing her, of mind blowing pleasure, enhanced and augmented by Katie’s wondrous light powers and Connie’s surprising psychic prowess... turning every caress, every touch, every kiss and nibble and suck into a separate mind-blowing orgasmic experience in and of itself. And when, after nearly an hour, they’d finally, finally allowed her to cum... it seemed to go on and on forever. When it eventually faded, and reality returned, she knew herself changed, reborn, with a new sense of loyalty and purpose. She was still the same Sioban MacMillan, the same high flying Angel, loving friend, partner and lover... but now she served a higher purpose as well, one that trumped even her old loyalties and loves.

And she’d proven that loyalty shortly thereafter, when Tawnya returned home from her trip, and the three of them gave the returning heroine a night of pleasure that blew her mind and changed her life as well.

“AH! Here we are!” Lorenzo said loudly, placing a large platter of food on the table before the twitching spasming redhead. “Here is your food! As promised, I have given you my very best!” He paused, glancing around. “Huh... where is Miss Katarina, and Miss LaTon-ya? Are they in the ladies room powdering their noses?”

“Oh, they’re definitely powdering something, Sir,” the waiter replied with a chuckle. “But I think they’ll both be back shortly.“

“Ah, I see. Well then Miss, ah, Zee-o-bahn, " he said, turning back to her, “since you are here, please, try your dinner, and tell me what you think!”

Panting, groaning, still riding the razor’s edge, Sioban managed a single bite of her roasted quail, just as Tawnya made contact with her throbbing hard little clitty. Instantly, Sioban’s eyes rolled back, and she went rigid, cumming deep and hard, her toes clenching into tight little fists, a scream of absolutely pleasure torn from her mouth.

“OOOOHH MMMMY FFUUUCCKKKING GAAAWWWDDDD!” she keened before slumping, spent, to the table again. “OOhhhh... sooo good... soooo fucking good,” she murmured softly, trying to catch her breath. Lorenzo, taken aback, glanced at the waiter, who merely shrugged, holding a small stack of menus at his waist to hide his rather sizable erection.

The lady at the table closest to them, having watched the whole episode, pointed across to them. “I don’t know what it is they’re serving over there,” she told her waiter, “but I’ll have what she’s having!”

* * *

“So, Jimmy,” my mother, Lacie, asked as I finished packing up my travel bag full of clothes and toiletries, “where is the new girlfriend that I keep hearing about? I only saw the back of her sleeping head when I went to visit you earlier in the hospital. At the time it, ah, seemed a shame to wake her, but I didn’t realize that would be my only chance to meet her.“

“Oh, right. Devon had to go on ahead to Portland to take care of her registration for the summer session,” I replied, frowning, looking for my favorite black ‘Through the Never’ Metallica shirt. “Her, ah, transfer paperwork is much more complicated than mine, and you remember the hassle I went through in Provo. But don’t worry, mom, you’ll get to meet her soon enough. We’re coming back to River City in a couple of weeks for the first break in classes.”

“Yeah, I know,” Lacie replied, sighing. “And you’re sure you both can’t just transfer here, and go to River City University?“

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not going to a University where my mom is on the Board of Visitors. Not to mention that my sister’s best-friend-slash-lover is a professor there! I want to do this completely on my own. And Portland wasn’t even my first choice—the plan was to go somewhere much further away from home, and just come by now and again to visit.“

Mom merely shook her head. “Well... I suppose it can’t be helped then. At least you’re not going all the way to the other side of the country the way both of poor Sarah’s girls did.”

“Maybe I should?” I said with a shrug. “After all, Aurora and Sylvia did and they both turned out okay.” I frowned slightly. “Or maybe I should say ‘Yancy’ and Sylvia, hmm?”

I was still dealing with the fact that Aurora had faked her own death, and changed her name and identity without letting us know. My feelings for my cousin were... complicated, to say the least, but hearing she had died in her last ditch effort to save her mom... only to discover it was all a lie?!? Oh, and don’t even get me started on the other part... charging off into the unknown without coming to Katie or me for help after the scolding she gave me back in Midas?!?!

The next time I see her again, I swear, super-Nesetalia-uber-magic powers or no, I am so kicking her ass!!

Finally packed, I stood up and gave my mom a hug and kiss. “So, mom, how are you holding up?”

“Me? Isn’t that my line, sweetie?” she chided me, shaking her finger at me. “A few days ago you looked like a living skeleton and you could barely walk!” She hugged me again, digging her fingers lightly into my side, making me jump. “Still, you do seem to have put a little weight back on, so I guess that’s something.”

“I’m fine, mom,” I said rolling my eyes. Gesturing with my hand, I created a pair of shadow tendrils. “See? My powers are working again like normal. I was just really drained, and run down, but I’m better now.”

Lacie merely nodded, saying nothing. The same thing Sarah said the last time I saw her. Damn... I guess there’s quite a bit of that LaSilvas spark in Jimmy. Katie too. At least he’s recovering much faster than she is, since he’s about as likely as his godmother to take it easy and get some actual rest.

“So, are you and dad really heading out of the country tomorrow?” I asked, breaking her out of her inner thoughts. “Tawnya mentioned that she and Sioban and the rest of their group were leaving for Norway in a few days too.”

“Yeah,” Mom replied, softly, staring off into the distance. “It’s been a while since I’ve been back Home. I’m... not really sure of what kind of greeting I’ll receive when we arrive... the ostracized black sheep of the family and all that. Still, if nothing else, I can at least act as a guide for Patty, Angie and the others, right?” She turned, forcing a smile onto her face. “We’ll be gone for a few weeks, maybe more—you know how the time differential works there. But when I come back, I want to meet this new girlfriend of yours, alright? And before you say anything, I promise not to bring out the family album and show embarrassing pictures of you as a baby. Okay?”

I smirked. “Okay, it’s a deal.” We hugged and kissed again. “I love you mom.”

“I love you too, sweetheart.” she said, as I walked out of the house, heading out to start this new chapter of my life.

((end))