The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows IV: Midnight Dusk and the Silver Dawn

by J. Darksong & Madam Kistulot

I.)

Tired.

So very tired.

My eyelids kept slamming shut on me, despite my best efforts. I’d driven nearly twelve hours straight, heading towards my destination, more concerned with getting away from the last town I’d stayed in that reaching the next one. I was running myself ragged, I knew that, but I didn’t have much choice in the matter.

I was a wanted man, with the law breathing down my neck.

I needed to reach Midas City before dawn to find a place to lie low, and rest, and recharge a bit. If I’d stopped to really think about this, I’d have concluded that this was stupid. As in retarded, brain damaged, dropped-repeatedly-on-your-head-as-a-baby stupid. Cities have nicknames, like New York being ‘The Big Apple’, and Philadelphia being ‘The City of Brotherly Love’. Well, Midas had a nickname, too: ‘The City of a Thousand Supers’. And while I wasn’t sure if there were, literallya thousand or more super powered beings in that city, there were a hell of a lot of them. So, considering my recent troubles, choosing to hide out in the one city with more metahumans per capita than any other city in America was probably something akin to suicide.

If I let myself really think about what I was doing, I’d stop the car right now, pull Jenny off and backtrack onto the nearest exit and head south. or east, or north. any other direction but the one in which I was travelling.

But, well. beggars can’t be choosers.

The fact of the matter was that I had nowhere else left to go. And if nothing else, I had two things going for me. One was the fact that in a city with that many supers I’d actually be pretty well hidden among the populous. Even my dad’s tech, which I had little doubt was tracking me, would have a hard time picking me out of crowd of metahumans this large. And, two. since this should be the LAST place I’d ever go, the police should have no reason to comb the town looking for me.

I yawned again, my eyelids fluttering as I made my way along the dusky empty highways. All I really needed was a little bit of luck. Not much, just a little. All I needed was a chance to just stop for a while, to just sit and rest, and catch a few z’s. After a full eight hours, my mind would be clear, and I’d actually be able to think about what I was going to do. Right now, my mind was much. My brain were fried, and my nerves were shot. I just needed... needed... a moment...

* * *

I glanced up, finding myself lying in bed again. I blinked, wondering where, and how. but a soft familiar and feminine touch along my bare shoulder calmed me. I sighed, leaning back onto the bed again. “That’s right, love,” my beautiful dark haired lover cooed softly in my ear. “Just relax and lie back for now. It’s not much, but the least I can do for now is try to sooth you, try and take away the ache, at least for a moment.”

“Huh?” I asked blearily, glancing up at the familiar softly smiling face above me. Familiar, yes, yet teasingly, frustratingly, unknown. She was simultaneously a stranger yet as familiar to me as my own reflection in the mirror. My mouth opened and closed, trying to speak her name, the name I’d whispered so many times in my dreams, yet could never hold onto in my waking moments. She merely smiled, shaking her head.

“Devon, my love,” she said with deep amusement. “My name is Devon.”

Devon. The name, like the trigger for an explosion, lit up all the shadowy, hidden memories, all of the other dream encounters we’d shared, suddenly fully illuminated once more. Turning to face her, I pulled Devon into a tight deep embrace, kissing her passionately. “Devon. I remember. Now.” I paused, frowning. “I forget it every time we meet this way. I forget all of this.” I stared into her deep brown eyes. “Will there ever come a time when I will remember these dreams?“

“Of course, my beloved James,” she sighed, pressing her lips to mine again. “Once we finally meet face to face, it will all come back to you. And yes, love, it will be soon. I promise.” She sighed, softly, pulling away. “I only hope I’m. that I live up to your expectations. You know, when we finally meet in person.” “What? Suddenly shy all of a sudden?” I asked, turning her face gently back to my own. “I’m sure our first real meeting will be everything I can imagine, and more. Besides,” I said with a laugh, “don’t you already know how things will turn out? Haven’t you already foreseen it?”

She merely sighed pulling away again. “It doesn’t work like that. I can’t see my own future. And the futures I see through you are. incomplete. Indistinct. It’s my power, to see and affect the future, but because our souls are bound together, you can somehow access my ability to see glimpses of what will happen. So, while I know we WILL eventually meet, and when, I honestly have no idea about what will happen.”

I nodded. I didn’t really understand it all that much myself, like how just being ‘soul mates’ allowed me to talk to her this way in my dreams. Or how I could get images of the future just because she had foresight. Mom used to talk about people’s lives being ‘threads in a weave’ or tapestry, or carpet, or something, but I never really understood much about it either. Science, I could figure out, could wrap my brain around. Mysticism and magic? It was all Greek to me. Nevertheless, psychic ability, or magic, Devon and I were connected, and that was all that really mattered.

I smiled, running a hand gently along a large heavy breast, caressing the hard peaked nipple in just the way I remembered she loved. “Ooohhh goddess. I love it when you do that,” she murmured softly, arching into my touch. “Mmm. I can’t wait to feel your hands on me for real.”

“Neither can I,” I murmured back, leaning forward to catch that nipple between my lips, tugging it gently but firmly between my teeth, pulling a ragged gasp from between her lips. “By the time we finally do have the chance to be together this way, we’ll both be experts on what the other likes.”

“Nnnhhhh, you’re an expert now, James,” she moaned, guiding my fingers deftly between her widespread legs. I sighed in contentment, finding her exceedingly wet and ready. The trials and frustrations of the past several days were easily forgotten, a million miles away. Right here, right now, all that mattered was Devon, my love, my missing half, my soul mate. Here, the only worry or concern I had was in giving her the best I could give, and receiving hers in return. Sighing deeply, I closed my eyes, lifting her bodily, lining myself up with her—

* * *

A loud horn blast ripped me back into the waking world and with a jerk, I pulled Jenny back into my lane, narrowly missing the oncoming vehicle by a few dozen feet. Breathing deeply, heart thudding in my chest, I slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. My hands were shaking, and it was miracle that I hadn’t simply snapped the steering when into pieces in my shock. As it was, the metallic circle was badly deformed from my grip, and I’d no doubt need to replace it once I reached the city.

Huh. More like ‘IF’ I reach the city at this rate. Damn! Falling asleep at the wheel? I must be out of my damned mind. That’s all I need to happen now—to fall asleep and ram Jenny into some car full of school children or a family of six. And of course, I’d be the only one to survive the wreck. My morbid thoughts were starting to get the better of me, but I was too worn out and too full of self-pity to fight them off any longer. Worse, I had the sensation or feeling that I’d missed. something. something important and needful, and precious, and the frustration from it was layered onto everything else I was feeling. I felt.... like just giving up.

And yet... well, it was, probably just my imagination, but at that moment... it was almost as if I could feel a gentle touch on the side of my face. A warm and comforting touch, almost like a kiss. And even though I was all by myself, completely alone, I could almost swear a soft voice whispered in my ear. A simple message, yet profound in its simplicity:

“Persevere.”

I shook my head. Hearing voices now. Hell, I must be losing it, big time. Nevertheless, shifted gears, and pulled Jenny back up onto the asphalt. It was only two more miles to the city limits. I was almost there. Yes, I was weary, I was worn, I was at the end of my endurance. But. I could go a little further. Just. a little bit more. “Persevere,” I said aloud, as I hit the gas, as I drove the few remaining miles into Midas City...