The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows 9: Hidden Within the Shadows

By J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

* * *
Is it bright where you are?
Have the people changed?
Does it make you happy you’re so strange?
And in your darkest hour, I hold secrets flame
You can watch the world devoured in it’s pain...
Strange
—from The End is the Beginning is the End by the Smashing Pumpkins

Prologue:

Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

The lone cloaked figure stood outside the shining polished high rise building, her dark grey clothing melding easily into the evening shadows. A tiny orange glow briefly illuminated the face underneath the hood before going dark again, a plume of white smoke billowing forth a moment later. A quick glance at her watch showed the time—10:58PM. She sighed deeply, taking another quick drag of her cigarette before lifting her booted foot, stamping it out on the heel, and depositing it neatly in the small metal tin she had strapped to her belt.

She took a single step towards the building before pausing hesitating. Beads of sweat began to line her forehead despite the relatively cool night. Her conscience began to gnaw at her, again, and it took an incredible effort to make herself continue forward. Dammit, Rose, just do it! she told herself, as she reached the side of the building. She placed a hand against the cold marble side, and took a deep breath. Then, with a minor effort of will, she phased through the solid wall.

Inside, she moved quickly, automatically, against the side of the wall she’d just walked through. It was more a matter of habit than any need for actual stealth. She’d done her homework on the building’s set up, and knew where every blind spot and security break, few as there were, were located. Of course, the same inborn abilities that allowed her to walk through walls also allowed her to bypass any electronic survallience or detectors as if she weren’t even there. Still, she’d been trained to do things the hard way and not to depend on her powers as a crutch, advise that saved her ass more than once.

Thinking about her days training with the Major caused her to pause again. Dammit! Stop doing that! she chided herself. In response, her conscience twisted her insides again harshly, so much that she almost felt like she had to puke. Again, she continued on by force of will alone, making herself walk towards the elevator, glance sidelong at the security officer’s desk, then phase through the doors before sending the car up to the penthouse.

Riding upwards, listening to the annoyingly tedious musak, her fingers twitched, longing to grab the pack of cigarettes hidden inside her cloak and light up. Yeah. That would go over so well. I might be invisible to the hidden cameras, but a floating lit cigarette hovering in midair in a moving elevator would raise all sorts of alarms.

If she were truly honest with herself, she would admit that the actual reason she was feeling so stressed out was not truly her conscience eating at her. In the past twenty years, serving as a mercenary, doing questionable jobs for questionable clients, she’d done things that far worse than a simple case of breaking and entering without batting an eye. The term ‘conscience’ itself was a misnomer; with the life she’d lived, she barely had anything resembling a conscience left at all. No... the thing that was stressing her out to the point of distraction was the simple fact, the simply knowledge, that He wouldn’t approve.

A wet greasy feeling erupted between her thighs at the thought of her Mast... her Boss, him glaring at her in disapproval, a grim frown set on his handsome face. A moan escaped her lips before she could repress it. Goddess... it’s been so long... so long since I’ve seen Him face to face... talked to Him without some kind of goddamn electronic communication device. She sighed, softly. Twenty years. Twenty fucking years... and I’m still as smitten now as that first day in the fucking hospital.

The elevator doors dinging open broke her out of her introspection. Forcing the feelings back down inside her took an effort, but she hung on to the one thing, the one thought, that drove her forward. Chloe. Her mentor. Her best friend. Her lover. The person who had helped her when she was first starting out. The person she owed everything to.

The person she’d nearly killed with her bare hands.

The sound of a feminine voice speaking caught her attention, and Rose’s attention sharpened, going into a battle ready state. She spotted her target, a young attractive brunette sitting up in her bed atop the covers, clad in only a short silken house robe. A small smile creased Rose’s lips as she strode carefully across the room, her powers shielding her from all detection, human or otherwise. Yet and still, she was alert, ready to react for the slightest movement, the merest sign that she’d been compromised. Reaching the bed, she stood waiting, hovering just a few feet away, listening idly as the woman spoke on the phone.

“...don’t care about the cost, Meg,” Tina Patrick said to her head of R&D, “its about the good it can do. This new procedure will help people that were once thought to be beyond saving.” She listened, nodding wearily, rubbing the bridge of her nose. “Look, just let me worry about how to bring the cost down, all right? Geez... we finally make a breakthrough in dermographic skin regeneration after all these months, I’d think you’d want to celebrate the moment...” She sighed ruefully, chuckling. “Yeah, yeah, I know, not your style. Fine... I’ll celebrate enough for the both of us. Okay, Meg... good night.”

Rose nodded to herself. Barely breathing, she counted softly in her head as her target hung up the phone, waiting for the moment when her guard would be completely down. Her left hand idly thumbed the syringe held tightly behind her back, the right gently easing the protective tip off, and pressing lightly on the stopper to remove the air. Reaching sixty, she moved, stealthily, and with purpose, jabbing the needle into the surprised woman’s neck, sending her unconscious before she could even begin to react. Letting out the breath she’d been holding, she relaxed her powers, becoming visible again, and sat down next to her target on the bed.

Well, that was easy. Almost too easy. Of course, she IS just a civilian after all, not a dirtbag piece of scum like the kind of folks you USUALLY target this way...

Stop it, Rose told herself mentally, screwing her eyes closed. She was NOT going to lose it and fall apart here, in the middle of a job! She was NOT going to start emoting on her vict... her target! She was NOT going to change her mind and abort the mission! And she sure as HELL was NOT going to whine and sob like a little girl because she was doing something that she KNEW her Master wouldn’t approve of!

Dammit, Rose. He GAVE you so long a leash specifically to let you make your own choices! If he wanted you to be an obedient little lap dog, he would have made you that way. Besides... this is for Chloe. Keep focused on that. You promised her that you’d do whatever it took to bring back the girl she used to be. If one of M... Master’s friends has to suffer a little inconvenience, so what? It’s not as if she’s going to even remember any of this in the morning anyway!

Taking a moment to calm herself, she sighed, taking a deep drag. Damn. I must be losing it... I didn’t even realize I’d lit one up. Dammit Frank... I blame you for my smoking habits...

Moving over to the sleeping CEO’s desk, she tapped the mouse, activating her computer. Heh. Locked. Of course. I figured as much. Still, it’s nothing I wasn’t prepared for. Withdrawing a small credit card shape device from her belt, she withdrew and inserted an end into the laptop’s USB drive. Immediately, the monitor went active, as a series of scrolling ones and zeros ran by for several seconds before the main menu popped up. Bingo, she announced silently, feeling a momentary pang at the knowledge that she’d used one of the very tools Eugene Frasier had given her to aid her in her missions to hack one of his dearest friend’s computer. Scrolling through, she soon found the file she was looking for, downloaded and saved it to her portable drive, then pulled up the sequence to open the CEO’s hidden wall safe.

She winced slightly, rubbing her wrist in memory of an earlier attempt to steal the device days ago. What was that new super strong metal alloy Mr. Albinn and his team created all those months ago? Molecularium? I wish I’d known before that he’d sent a sample to MedTek in appreciation for the help their CEO had given Master in facing his brother. Apparently it’s not only sound proof, but phase proof as well. Tapping in the sequence, she stood back and watched as the picture above the fireplace turned, swiveling on its base, revealing a shining metal safe door with a keypad visible. She stood idly by for several seconds before growling in frustration, glancing back at the computer and scrolling down the list.

Son of a bitch! She must have changed the password! she scowled furiously. Of course, it’s a new safe, made of a new invulnerable metal—of course the password changed as well. And obviously she hasn’t gotten around to putting it into the computer. Sighing heavily, she stared at the sleeping brunette idly for a moment. Well, she thought idly, removing a second syringe from her pouch, it’s not like I wasn’t prepared for THAT eventuality as well. Ah, hell. In for a penny, she thought to herself, prepping the needle, in for a pound...

* * *

Devon McKinley sighed softly to herself, wiping her brow as she brought up the last load of laundry into the bedroom. “Well, that’s finally done,” she said aloud, dropping the freshly cleaned clothes onto the bed to separate them. It was mostly a force of habit; her roommate/boyfriend/soulmate Jimmy was still in class. Still, it made her feel less alone talking aloud to herself this way. Portland was very different from Provo, and the U.O.P. was a very different atmosphere from Ameritech. Not better or worse, just... different. In a lot of ways she was still adapting to it. Back in Provo, she’d shared a crowded dorm room with a roommate on a floor filled with other women all having to fight over the bathroom at the end of the corner. Here, she and Jimmy shared a private off campus housing suite, larger than a small house, with full amenities. It was yet another example of how much her life had changed in such a short time.

Still, I suppose I can’t complain about things too much, she thought with a grin. Not only is the man of my dreams kind, loving, gentle, and devilishly handsome, he’s also freaking RICH! Not that I care about his money or anything, but it’s really nice that he could afford to get us such a nice place to stay off campus.

Finished separating the clothes, she folded and sorted Jimmy’s clothes, sliding them into his drawers before moving to the closet to hang up her own clothes. She paused for a moment, spying the dark grey and black Kevlar and spandex suit she’d worn in Arizona. “Wow... I’d almost forgot I still had this in here,” she mused softly, fingering the fabric lightly. During that whole adventure, travelling across the country with her new friend Ghost Girl, searching for Jimmy, Rose had taken it upon herself to obtain something a bit more suited to sneaking around and taking on the criminal element. Hardly her first choice for a super hero costume, she had to admit that it had started to become like a second skin to her after a while.

Huh. I wonder what Rose is up to these days. It’s been a while since we all separated back in River City once Jimmy was rescued. I suppose she’s off on another assignment, probably serving as the bodyguard for some major VIP or rich important bigwig. Maybe I should give her a call later, just to check in and see how she’s doing...

Almost as if the thought had caused the action, the phone began to ring. Picking up the receiver, she answered. “Hello? Oh, hi, Julie!” she said easily. “No, sorry. Jimmy’s still in class. Today’s his late day.” She shook her head ruefully, glancing again at her costume. “You know, it’s funny that you called. I was just thinking about what we all did down in Arizona, thinking about you and Tawnya, and Rose, and wondering what you guys were up to, and viola—you call!” She giggled, listening to the boisterous black woman’s response. “Yeah, well, there’s a lot about that whole experience that I’d like to forget, but getting to meet you guys would not be one of them. So... what’s going on? Why were you looking for Jimmy?”

She listened again for a moment or two, nodding in agreement. Propping the receiver against her shoulder, she continued putting away her clothes as she listened. “So, basically, you guys are planning to infiltrate the dance club owned by a suspected crime boss and you were hoping Darklight might come along as backup in case things go south?” She listened, nodding again. “Ahh. Possible mind control? Women disappearing for weeks at a time only to show up as dancers at this new club.” Her expression turned grim. “Well, Jimmy’s not here, but I’m certainly free. How about I come along instead?”

Devon listened intently, her expression turning slightly sour. “Julie! Shame on you! I’m not just some kid of the street you know? Did you really forget everything that happened in Arizona? Trust me, I can hold my own if it comes to it. Besides, I’ve haven’t exactly been sitting around reading text books all this time, either. I’ve been practicing with my powers these past few weeks, and I’m a lot sharper than I was before.” She listened to the girl’s reply, then laughed, rolling her eyes. “Ah, I get it. Tell you what. If anything happens to me, I swear I’ll tell Jimmy it was all my idea, not yours. And besides, he wouldn’t REALLY toss you into the middle of next week, that’s not actually possible.”

The two talked for a few more seconds, all the while Devon finished the last of her chores. “Okay then,” she said finally. “Just give me a few minutes to get changed, and I’ll meet you and the rest of the Gems at the corner of 5TH and Maddison. Okay? Great! See you then.” Hanging up, she turned back to the closet again. Fingering the fabric of her costume, she couldn’t help but feel an estatic thrill at donning it again. Pulling it down, she quickly slipped out of her normal clothing and slid it on, letting out a sigh of pleasure at the feel of the material against her skin. Sliding on the boots and gloves, tightening the straps into place, and sliding on her mask, she glanced at herself in the mirror.

Heh. Not bad. I kind of look a bit like ‘Hit Girl’ from that Kick Ass movie, minus the bright purple hair. And who knows... maybe if this goes well tonight, maybe I’ll buy myself a purple wig to really complete the look! Laughing at herself a bit, she turned to leave, then paused, considering. I suppose I should leave Jimmy a note or something in case I’m still out when he gets back home. I wouldn’t want him to worry after all. Of course, if I told him exactly what I was doing, then he really WOULD worry. Sighing softly, she scribbled a quick vaguely worded message for her boyfriend, left it on the kitchen counter, then headed out into the evening night...

* * *

Tina Patrick groaned softly, shaking her head, stretching languidly, licking her lips. She felt warm and flushed, as if she’d been soaking in her hot tub for an hour or so. Her vision was slightly fuzzy, as were her thoughts, and it took a moment to register the presence of the stranger standing above her. “Huh? Wh... wha?” she asked sleepily, blinking rapidly.

“Shhh. It’s okay, boss,” the woman in the gray cloak and hood replied. “It’s me... Meg,” she said, lowering the hood, showing her face. For a moment, it almost looked like someone else, a stranger... but then the girl’s words registered, and Tina smiled stupidly gazing up at the familiar face of her friend and colleague.

“Ohhh...Meg,” she replied, with a yawn, stretching again. “What’re you... mmmm... doing here? Didja need somethin’?”

‘Meg’ let out a sigh soft of relief. The serum she’d injected the woman with was working as promised, keeping her in a sleepy suggestible state, not quite hypnotized or entranced, but loopy enough that she would accept pretty much any suggestion she gave her without resistance. Of course, its control wasn’t absolute. It only worked as long as the subject remained in a sleepy distracted state of mind, which meant she had to strike quickly, and get the password fast, before the CEO woke fully from her stupor.

“Yes, boss,” she said with a forced smile. “I need to get in your safe for a second. So I need you to give me the password.”

“My... password,” Tina said, blinking slowly. “But... ya already know... my password. I told it to ya... yawn just today... down in th’ lab...”

Shit! Of course she did. Well, fuck... I don’t have time to leave and go through all this with Meg then come back and do it a second time with her. Guess I’ll have to improvise. Unzipping her costume, sliding it off her shoulders, revealing the bare skin and lacy red bra underneath, she crawled slowly up the edge of the bed.

“Of course you did, sweetie,” the faux Meg replied easily, “and yes, I remember. But... this is a game. I want you to tell me the password,” she said, snuggling up close to her target, “and if you don’t tell me,” she added,, running a hand lightly along Tina’s flank, making her shiver, “then I’ll have to tease you, and torment you... until you’re willing to tell me.”

Tina groaned softly, eyes fluttering, grinding lightly against the other girl’s body. It had been so long... so very long, and in truth, she had always thought Meg was attractive. Still, this seemed so out of character for her usually stoic, serious, by-the-book assistant! It was... it was like a dream...

“Yes, Tina, sweetie,” ‘Meg’ purred in her ear as she let her hands roam upwards, finding and teasing her breasts, rubbing the sharp hardening nipples. “This is a dream... just a nice sexy dream. No consequences, no responsibilities, and no uncomfortable morning after. So you can just let go and relax, and enjoy yourself in this fantasy.”

Tina’s eyes widened, then drooped half-lidded, as deep satisfying moan escaping her lips. The confirmation that this was all just a sexy erotic dream helped put everything in perspective, and she did indeed let go and relax, relishing Meg’s touches and caresses, even reciprocating a few of her own. Meg gasped in surprise, a startled look on her face as Tina wrapped her legs around her waist suddenly, rolling her over to pin her to be bed, staring down at her a moment before kissing her deeply.

Rose squirmed uncomfortably, frozen, not sure how to react. On the one hand, it was her own idea to use the woman’s arousal to make her more compliant, to coax her into giving up the password. On the other, she’d just lost control of the situation, with Tina playing the part of the aggressor now, and her the submissive victim. And yes, there was a strong part of her—VERY strong part of her—that longed to give in to that, to surrender and let this beautiful dark haired vixen have her way with her. But... no, that way lead to dangerous uncharted territory. She was a recovering sex addict. Everything was fine as long as she stayed in control, but once she lost that control, she might never again regain it.

No. Gotta stay on target... I need that password. That’s all. Just need to get her to give it up. Then I can get that device. Stay focused. Eyes on the prize. But... loooorrrddd in heaven do I LOVE what she’s doing with her tongue right now...

With a sudden burst of strength, Rose flipped them over again, straddling Tina. “N-no, n-no, sweetie,” she managed, panting heatedly. “Naughty girl. You don’t get your treat until AFTER you win the game.” Taking Tina’s wrists, she pulled them up over her head. “Now your wrists are tied up... you can’t move them,” she ‘suggested’, before sliding down to do the same to her ankles, spreading her legs and locking them into place as well. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she stared down at the helpless brunette, who stared back, biting her lip as her body writhed gently, teasingly, as if begging for her attention.

“Now, Tina,” she purred, undulating her way slowly up between Tina’s legs, “are you going to be GOOD girl now, and give Auntie Meg the passcode?” she asked, nuzzling against her inner thighs, circling around but avoiding that most sensitive area nestled between. “Or... are you going to keep being naughty,” she said devilishly, running her hands down Tina’s legs, softly stroking her wiggling bare feet, “and do we need to keep teasing you a bit more?”

“Aaacck! NO!! Not the feeeeeheheheheheeettt,” she sputtered, bursting into giggles. “Hahahahahaha.. no tiiiickling! NO TIIIICCKEKEELELLING!” she yelled, squirming, her legs trapped in the shackles imposed in her own mind. “Hahahahaa... I’ll behehehe goohohohooodd!” she pleaded.

Rose chuckled as well, delighting in the way the girl’s sexy form moved to escape her ticklish touches. “All right then. Be a good girl and tell me that code... and I’ll give you your reward.”

“Teeehehe... two... seven... nine... four,” Tina managed, panting, still writhing sexually. The tickling had only increased her arousal, the notion of being so helpless and vulnerable before her own employee adding gas to her already smoldering flame. “Please, Meg... please... do it! Make me cum! Make me fuckin’ cum...” she rasped.

“Just a second, sweetie,” Rose called out, moving over to the safe. Tapping in the code, she smiled grandly as the door swung open. Bingo! “Ah. Looks like someone has been a good girl after all!” she announced, returning to the bed. Taking a familiar looking object from the desk drawer of Tina’s armoire, she flipped the switch, causing it to vibrate. “All right sweetie. Time for your reward!”

* * *

Megan growled softly to herself, glancing at the clock as she made her way to the front door. “Geez... almost midnight,” she grumbled softly, “who comes visiting at this hour of the night?” Opening the door, she blinked in surprise at the sight of Katie Frasier standing on her doorstep. “K-katie? Um, hi, er, good evening. What, um, what brings you by?”

The blonde heroine half-shrugged, glancing up briefly before lowering her head again. “Um, hi, Megan. Look... I’m sorry to intrude. I know it’s late and all... but I have a little problem, and I was in the neighborhood, and...” She sighed deeply, shaking her head. “Um, can I come in for a moment? Please?”

Megan groaned inwardly. She’d just had a long and exhausting day. Truth be told, she was just about to call it a night, slip out of her clothes, take a nice hot shower, and head to bed. Still, Katie was a friend of sorts... if not necessarily a friend to her, she was a friend of a friend, and Jimmy’s little sister. The least she could do was to take a moment and listen to her problems.

“Sure, come on in,” Megan said cheerfully, stepping aside to let the younger girl inside. “Make yourself at home. Would you like something to drink? I don’t have a lot on hand at the moment but I could grab you a soda?”

“No, thanks,” Katie replied with a small smile. “Let me get to the point okay? For the past few days I’ve been working on this really big, really important project. It’s very complex, and Sioban, Patricia, and Constance helped me set everything up before they left for their trip abroad. And so far, everything is going as planned... up to a point.” She shook her head ruefully. “I’m... not the most organized thinker in the world. Even with a notebook full of step by step plans, I’m missing and forgetting things. And what I’m doing is too important to screw up, Basically... I need someone to help me keep things organized. And... I was hoping you would agree to help me.”

Megan nodded slowly. “Well, you’re being really vague on what this ‘Master Plan’ of yours is. Any chance you can share some of the details on what this is about?”

“I... um...” Katie said, glancing down at her boots again. “I’d really rather not... not until I know you’re on board with me.”

Megan frowned. “I see. It is something illegal? It’s not going to hurt people, is it?”

Katie glanced up sharply at that. “NO! Of course not! I mean... well... that is, maybe SOME parts of it are... well... a little ‘fringe’? But its all for the greater good! I promise you that.” She sighed again. “The thing is, I kinda need your help starting tomorrow morning... about 9am?”

“Nine in the morning?” Megan snapped. Groaning aloud, she shook her head. “That’s a bit short notice don’t you think? Katie, I have a job and responsibilities of my own! I do consulting jobs for technology firms throughout the city! I have a very packed schedule, and that’s not even considering my job as a costumed heroine. The week and a half I took off to help find Jimmy really put me behind, and I’m just now starting to get caught up! And this... ‘mysterious important thing’ you’re doing? You won’t even give me an idea what it’s about?” She sighed heavily. “Then I’m sorry. I just can’t uproot my entire life to help you in something I know nothing about.”

Katie nodded once, hanging her head. She murmured something under her breath, too softly for Megan to make out, but it sounded like ‘told you so’. Abruptly, Katie sat up, and looked her straight in the face again. “Okay. You’re right. It’s hardly fair for me to expect you to commit to something and have me keep you in the dark. So, I’ll level with you. My idea is nothing short of a multi-staged plan to rid River City and the surrounding areas of all crime, now and forever.” Seeing the incredulous look on Megan’s face, she nodded. “Yes, I am serious. Ever since Jessica was killed, I’ve been looking for a way to make the city safe again, to ensure that such a needless tragedy never happens again. And finally, recent events caused me to have an epiphany, a realization on how to make that dream into reality.”

Megan sat there, listening, enraptured, as Katie detailed out specifically what she and Nigel’s girls had helped her come up with. Curiosity gave way to surprise, which gave way to horror, then a profound sense of surreality. My god... if she’s right about everything she said, then she could conceivably do it. She could take over the city... hell, the entire state, in just a few weeks! And then, what’s to stop her from spreading her influence over the entire country? Or the whole world?

“...and it all starts tomorrow at nine o’clock,” Katie finished, “when I meet with the mayor and set up an appointment to make my proposal before the entire city council. By that time, I need to have all the pieces in place to make sure my proposal is not only accepted, but passed and ratified into being. And I need you to help me with this, to fill in any gaps I may have missed and to keep me on target.”

Megan shook her head, a bit chilled at the cold, practical, logical way Katie had argued her point. “Katie... you can’t honestly believe I would agree to help you with this?” The blonde girl blinked in surprise. “I mean... yes, it’s a good idea, and your plan is entirely feasible. But that doesn’t change the fact that you’re talking about brainwashing the entire city!” Megan said loudly. “Shit... you’re talking about taking over and subverting the people that run our city government, as well as the police force, and that’s just the start! Mandatory ‘re-education’ for any and all criminal offenses? Forcing the criminals to become law abiding citizens by tinkering inside their minds makes you just as bad as them, if not worse!“

Katie’s expression went dark. “I see. I should have known. You’re just like everyone else... so high and mighty up in your ivory tower, looking down on everyone else. You know what, Megan? You’re a hypocrite! You... everyone, really... you all agree that the system is broken! You complain about the fact that most of the criminals that serve time are low level penny ante thugs without a good lawyer, and that the REAL crooks, the masterminds, the real threats to society, are usually back out on the streets before the echo of their cell doors closing even fades! You ALL complain about it... but no one actually DOES anything about it! And when someone actually suggests a solution, you turn up your nose, saying it’s too radical, that you’re sinking to their level, that you’re no better than the criminals themselves!”

“Katie, you’re talking about using mind control on the entire city!” Megan pointed out. “You’re talking about taking away people’s right to choose, to think for themselves! You’re damn well taking away their god given civil rights!”

“Yes, I am,” Katie shot back, heatedly, causing Megan to blink in surprise. “I’m talking about a temporary suspension of civil liberties. And is that really such a bad thing? The governing body of a city or state has the right to do exactly that—suspend civil liberties and the rights of its citizens, during times of great emergency. It even has a name—martial law. So River City isn’t the site of a natural disaster, or terrorist attack, but I declare that the rampant crime plaguing our city is just as much an emergency! And if the people in charge are too afraid to act and do what’s best for the city, then it’s up to me to step in and save the city from itself.“

Oh my god... she’s lost it. She’s completely cracked. Megan realized. She’s one hundred percent serious about going through with this, and so absolutely convinced this is the only way that there’s no changing her mind.

Megan sighed heavily, standing up from the couch. “Katie. Sweetie. I’m very sorry for what you’re going through. I’m sorry for what happened to Jess. And I’m sorry that the rest of your family and friends went off and left you here alone like this. I can’t help you with this plan of yours. It’s not... you can’t just take away people’s will that way even for the best of reasons.” She walked over to the desk, picking up her cell. “Look. You can spend the night here tonight if you want. We can talk some more—all night long, if you want. We can come up with some other way to make things better for you. But really, I can’t let you go through with thi—HEY!”

Katie stood with her hands outstretched, pointed at her friend, who was now cocooned in a tight layer of glowing yellow light. With her left, she gestured, bringing Megan hovering over towards her. And with the right, she pointed her index finger at the phone clutched lightly in the brunette’s hand, disintegrating it. “Sorry about the phone, sweetie,” Katie said, eyes flashing a strange black swirled with violet. “I’ll get you a replacement. But I think we need to clarify on a few points. First of all, you seem to be under the mistaken assumption that I was asking you to help me. I wasn’t asking for your help—I was informing you of how you would be assisting me. You have no choice in the matter.“

Megan, struggled helplessly in her cocoon, unable to move in the slightest. “Katie! Please! Stop this! You don’t have to do this!” she pleaded.

“‘Katie’?” the blonde replied with a laugh. “Sweetie, the name is Supernova. Katie was the whiny little wuss who spoke in the beginning. Katie wanted to give you the chance to accept your role in things willingly, to try and convince you that her way was the right way.” She chuckled derisively. “The rest of us knew you wouldn’t go for it, that she was just spinning her wheels, but I decided to let her try. And we were right. Lesson learned. Talk changes absolutely nothing,” she said, creating a large ball of brightly glowing light above her hand, which slowly shrank down, growing dimmer, and darker all the while. “The only REAL way to make change is with action,” she announced, sending the tiny glowing dot of glowing dark light forward, towards Megan, who had only a second to scream before she was struck.

Megan shuddered briefly, eyes wide open, seeing nothing. A deep endless black was spreading through her mind, like an endless fountain of black ink, seeping into her brain, into all the nooks and crannies, soaking and covering everything. Yet, even in the deepest depths of that darkness, a small tiny light shone brightly. With nothing else to cling to, Megan embraced that light, clinging to it with all she was worth, allowing it to sizzle and burn, to sweep away the encroaching darkness. Much was covered, or ‘inked out’, obscured by the darkness, but what remained shone all the brighter in contrast. Thoughts of obedience and submission shone the brightest, along with any thoughts or ideas on how best to perform those actions. On and on it spread, throughout her mind, a living visceral rewrite of her life’s directives and priorities, until with a giant shudder, Megan blinked, the inky blackness fading from her eyes once more.

Katie gestured, dissolving the light cocoon, and Megan immediately slid to her knees on the floor before her. “Mmmm... thank you, Mistress Supernova,” she said reverently, “thank you for showing me the Light. I am now your loyal and obedient servant. How may I best serve you, and aid you in your Great Plan?”

The blonde vixen chuckled darkly, gesturing for her to rise. “We have much to do in the morning, my sweet little pet,” she cooed softly. “For now, we should call it a night and head to bed. With Nigel’s girls gone out of the country, I’ve been so very lonely, and I do hate sleeping alone. Let’s retire, and I’ll teach you how best to serve me in the bedroom.”