The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows 9: Incandescent Supernova Ascension

by J. Darksong & Baltimore Rogers

* * *

Epilogue:

I was actually really surprised when I received the phone call. Talk about a blast from the past... I hadn’t heard from or thought of her in years. And yet all too soon, her voice, her memory, and I was right back in front of the huge Victorian house before I’d even realized I was going. I sighed softly, staring up at the house again. Nearly three years ago I had stood in this exact same spot, glancing up at that exact same second story window. Three years... after everything that had happened, it felt like a lifetime ago. And I was a different person back then.

Literally.

“Ah, welcome back,” Lilica Chen replied with a smile and a slight bow. “The Mistress is expecting you. Please come in.” She stepped aside, allowing me to enter, but I stopped to hug her deeply, giving the young Asian beauty a deep kiss. Blushing hotly, she lowered her eyes demurely. “Oh... young Miss,” she gushed, “such a display... I’m, unworthy of such affection...”

“Not at all, Lilica, sweetie,” I said gently, caressing her cheek. “I’ve really missed you. I’m just sorry it’s taken me so long to return to visit.”

“And, I have missed you and your young friend as well,” she said with a small sigh. “I read about her passing in the papers. I am truly sorry.”

“Yeah, me too,” I said sincerely. “But, well, it’s okay. Life goes on, right? No need to get so bogged down by the past. Tomorrow can always be a better day than the day before. It just takes a bit of effort.” Te young maid nodded in agreement.

“Now, young Miss, you must head to the Master bedroom. The Mistress is waiting.” I nodded, heading upstairs, remembering the way like it was yesterday. And indeed, it seemed like only yesterday when Jess and I had gone to Madame Mysterio’s hypnosis show at the fair, had gone up on stage and been hypnotized, made to perform in front of the audience, then given special instructions by the Madame’s personal hypnotic DVD to come to this very house to serve the Mistress’ pleasure. So long ago, and yet a simple phone call and a few words brought it all back to the present again.

The Madame was lounging lightly on her bed, dressed in a sheer gown, a cup of tea in one hand. “Ah! My dear Luminaire! You’ve returned to me.” She smiled graciously as I dropped to my knees before her humbly, a smile of my own matching hers. “Now now, my girl, no need to be so formal! Come here and give me a kiss! It’s been so long, and I’ve only just returned to the city! I am anxious to pick up where we left off!”

“Mmm... it is a pleasure to see you again as well, Mistress,” I replied, kissing her deeply. “I had always hoped to hear from you again, but after so long, I thought perhaps you had forgotten about me.”

“No, no, dear, of course not. I’ve merely been very busy. My show has me traveling all across the country, after all, sometime lingering a bit longer than planned. Why, two weeks ago, I’d been performing in Midas City, staying with this most lovely redhead...” She sighed softly in memory. “But now I am back in River City again. I must say, things have certainly changed a bit since I was last here.”

“Yes, well, that’s the way of the world, isn’t it?” I reminded her, walking across the room, staring out the window. “Things change. Time goes on. Young girls grow up and mature, and become women. They put aside silly fantasies about beloved Mistresses swooping in from afar to hold them tight and make everything better. They learn that there is no Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny is made up, and that Glados was lying her ass off about the damn cake.” I turned to stare back at her sadly. “And I learned that even my beloved and cherished Mistress lied about letting me keep the memory of our time together, just to save her own damn skin in case my family decided to pursue her.”

The smile fading from her beautiful face, Madame Mysterio uncrossed her legs. “My dear Katherine, you are looking at it all wrong. I told you before that night, the choice was to spare you and your young friend the heartache of being without me, nothing more. I did what I did with your best interests in mind. I’m sorry if you can’t see that... but no matter. It need not be a concern anymore.” She lifted her hand, revealing the large red ruby ring on her finger. “Now, my pet, watch the stone and remember... remember your time as my sweet obedient slave... let your mind drift back to that time once more—”

“Oh, but I DO remember that time, my dear ‘Mistress’,” I interrupted, crossing my arms at my chest. “I remember all too well. Interestingly enough, in the three years since we last met, I’ve been the ‘pet’ of quite a few evil mind controlling fiends, and have had my mind scrubbed clean more than a few times as well. And, lo and behold, quite a few hidden memories were jarred loose in the process, including the great Madame Mysterio... or perhaps I should call you Dr. Rosenquist? Or maybe Jo? Mistress just doesn’t work for me anymore.”

“I see,” Jo replied in an irritated tone, rising to her feet. “Well then, what now? I guess you have me right where you want me. You’ve apparently broken my spell over you. What happens next? We take a walk down to the police station, where I confess all of my crimes, and get locked up where I belong?” I merely shrugged. “Well, dear heroine of Light, I’m afraid I don’t agree with that plan.” Reaching beneath her robe, she pulled a knife, a long thin stiletto, flipping and brandishing it with the skill of a professional. “I might not have special powers like a Super, but I promise you, I won’t go down easily.”

I sighed dramatically, shaking my head. “Oh, geez... this isn’t any fun at all. A knife? I’d hoped at least for a gun. The speech wasn’t bad, though I’d hoped for something a bit more dramatic.” I shrugged ruefully. “It’s such an obvious parallel, you know? You’re like MY ‘Lady’. You started all this for me, my whole walk on the wild side, got me to enslave Jess for you as well, lead to other adventures in submission and slavery, then, after years apart, reunited again, a confrontation, all leading up to the dramatic scene where you express your wish for death rather than the humiliation of defeat at my hands!” I sighed. “A good story... I had high hopes that it would happen for me the way it had for mom...” I paused, considering. “Well, Sarah, specifically. I actually have quite a few mothers, I should probably be more specific. And anyway, leaping out of a second story window wouldn’t be nearly as flashy an ending to all this.”

Jo stared at me for a moment in confusion. “Okay... I have no idea what you are babbling about, but if you’re not planning to arrest me, then I suggest you leave. Now!”

“Hey, now, Ms. Grumpy Pants,” I chided, grinning back at her. “Just because I’m not hauling you into jail doesn’t mean I didn’t have a reason for coming to visit. I wasn’t kidding when I said I missed you and Lilica... missed being here with you two. I’ve actually been kind of lonely these past few days, with my BFF’s off visiting the ‘old country’ and learning about their roots. I was hoping the two of you might keep me company for a bit. So... what do you say?”

“Vat do I zay?” the new and improved Dr. Jo Rosenquist asked, dropping to her knees, as much as the low cut French maid’s outfit would allow. She bowed sweetly before staring up at me with her big beautiful shy eyes. “I zay, ‘Oui, oui, Madame’!”

* * *

“Hey, I’m back,” Jimmy called out, slipping into his apartment, tossing aside his briefcase. “Sorry I’m late. Ran into a bit of a problem on the way back home. Apparently some wacko calling himself the Fisher King decided to kidnap the mayor and hold him hostage, wrapping him up in a tangle of unbreakable fishing line, holding him over a fish tank full of live piranha. He was threatening to feed him to the fishes if he didn’t get his payoff of a million dollars. So, well, naturally, I had to step in.”

“Really?” Devon asked, not bothering to glance up from her book. “What happened?”

“Well, I didn’t want to take the chance of him dropping the mayor into that tank so I tried distracting him with a bit of banter. I commented that he’d laid out quite the trap, and using the mayor as the perfect bait to make the city pay up. I told him he was quite adept at the art of baiting.” He chuckled. “So, of course, he took my comment to heart and said, ‘Yes, when it comes to baiting, I’m the master!’. So naturally, I had to follow up with ‘Oh, so you’re saying you’re a ‘master baiter’ then?’ And the people watching in the crown just cracked up laughing. It took him a few seconds to get it, but when he did, he tossed the mayor aside, and charged at me headlong.”

“Oooh... that must have been fun,” Devon replied, still not looking up. “What did you do then?”

“What else?” he answered, walking over to his girlfriend. “A little love tap to send him off to dreamland. Oh, by the way, I ran into the Gems on the way out, and let them handle cleanup while I headed home to you. Jette says ‘hi’ by the way.” Sitting down on the couch next to her, he frowned, glancing over her shoulder. “What are you reading so intently that you can’t even look up to greet me?”

“Oh, sorry,” she said with a sheepish grin, putting down the book. “Just doing a little, ah, light reading. It’s nothing that can’t wait.” She pushed the book, Legends of Norse Mythology aside and focused on Jimmy. “Okay, now tell me all about your adventure...”

* * *

What do I want? What do I want?

That was the question that kept circling around inside my head as I left Lilica’s home later that evening. Our playtime was quite enjoyable; Josephine turned out to be as good a slave girl as she had been a Mistress back in the early days. And sweet adorable Lilica turned out to be a regular lioness as a dominatrix... with a little careful editing on my part, of course. Together, we crafted a perfect symphony of pleasure and pain with our dear sweet Josephine, etching the experience so deeply into their minds that even once I turned things back to normal, both women were seriously rethinking their roles when I departed.

I felt just a little bit like cupid... or a benevolent genie, granting them both the deepest wishes of their hearts... wishes so deep that hadn’t even KNOWN them until I’d unearthed them. But it begged the question... what did I want? What dream of mine could I now fulfill now that I’d finally realized the ability to do so? In all the world, what did I truly wish for?

What do I wish for right now? Well, the obvious thing would be for Jessica, here, alive and well again, at my side. But she’s dead and gone, beyond my reach...

Or... was she?

Was she really beyond my reach now? Was ANYTHING beyond my reach?

I’d glimpsed into the machine that ran the universe and stuck a monkeywrench into its gears. Even at my weakest, most unskilled level, I’d managed to make the impossible possible. I could make guns misfire around me without even trying, without even THINKING about it. And earlier, actually trying to control that power, I’d changed those around me, mind and body, at my slightest whim. Was it really such a stretch to bring my beloved back from the dead? Even as the thought itself seemed supremely sacrilegious, I found myself warming to it more and more.

After all, I played by my OWN rules now. My mother was a living breathing goddess, right? So what did that make me? If she could break the rules and keep someone alive without a beating heart in his chest, then why couldn’t I simply go back in time and snatch my beloved from that point in time before she died, and bring her forward to now?

Yes. YES! That’s exactly what I wanted to do! I would bring Jessica back.

I laughed as I fly high above the clouds, looking down on the city. My city. What a fool I’d been! Wasting all that time and effort, trying to change people, to make them all be good, and nice and obey the law. Trying to change the whole fucking city one person at a time... when I could change the entire WORLD with a simple wave of my hand! The world was whatever the hell I wanted it to be! Reality was my bitch. And now that I had a goal firmly in mind, I was going to make it happen, come hell or high water.

I was going to bring my beloved back to me. And no one in this world was going to stop me!

* * *

Patricia Grimalde stood staring pensively at Urdarbrunnr, biting her lip. The experience earlier had been truly moving, for her as well as the rest. It had, however, raised a question in her mind, one that she was debating whether she truly wished answered or not. A subtle motion coming up behind her pulled her back to the present, however, and she smiled slightly as Lacie placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

“You don’t need to know, Patty,” she said quietly.

“Huh? Need to know?” Patricia asked, turning to face her friend. “What do you mean?”

“I know what you’re thinking, sweetie,” she said, sliding a hand gently along her backside before moving over to stare into the stone lined well. “It’s what I would be thinking in your shoes. But trust me, you’re better off not knowing.”

“Oh, and what is it you think I’m thinking about?” Patty asked, challenging.

“You’re thinking of asking whether or not Urdarbrunnr can show you how things might have been... how your life would have turned out if things had happened differently.“

“Damn... and I thought Constance and Eva was the psychics of the group,” she grumbled softly, but ruefully. “You’re right. I was thinking... now that we’re all friends now, and have buried the hatchet, so to speak... and with Parker and I on speaking terms again... I, well... I just couldn’t help wondering now, what it would have been like if, well.... you know...” she said, glancing down.

“If you’d ended up with Parker instead of Nigel,” Lacie finished.

“Don’t get me wrong, okay,” Patty replied heatedly. “I love Nigel. LOVE HIM, more than life itself! And I have no regrets about becoming his wife at all. I’m perfectly happy and content with my life!” She sighed. “I’m just... you know... curious. About the road, not traveled...”

Lacie nodded. “I know exactly what you mean, Patty. And I know, it’s just curiosity. But ask yourself this: what if you saw a future with Parker that turned out to be just as good and loving and perfect as the one you have now? What if you saw a different life, with different children, with a completely different family, and everything was perfect, like every dream you’d ever had as a child fulfilled? Or, for the sake of argument, you saw a future where you ended up with Parker, but everything was wrong, horribly horribly wrong... that you were bad together, that you hated your life, hated him?” She sighed, shaking her head. “Either vision would change how you feel about both men. You might not think so, but it would... it would always be there in your mind, a confirmation that things could have been that way if only you’d gone left instead of right.“

Patty opened her mouth to dispute it, but couldn’t, knowing her friend was telling her the truth. “Damn... I guess you’re right. I just... wanted to know, you know? But sometimes I guess it’s better not to know.” She smiled at Lacie sidelong. “And you guys see all of this, past, present and future, all the time? What is, what was, and what could have been? It’s a wonder the lot of you aren’t completely insane.”

“Some might dispute the claim that we aren’t entirely sane,” Lacie said with a grin. “I can say that it takes a certain kind of person to handle it. When grandmother first brought me here, I was completely overwhelmed. It took a lot of training just to teach me to not to let myself be consumed with the sheer enormity of what it is we do. And even then, as Verdandi’s descendant, I only have to deal with a third of the whole, Or, I guess... I used to deal with...” Patty softened, but Lacie held up a hand, forestalling her words of comfort. “I’m sorry. It’s okay. I’m... pretty much used to it now, I suppose. No use crying over spilt milk, right? I’ll either get my powers back or I won’t. Either way, I’m done agonizing over it. The point I was trying to make is simply that it takes a very special person, and a lot of training, to be able to handle what we do. If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, imagine what a person could do with infinite knowledge.” She shrugged. “I’m in the predicament I am in now because I acted on the knowledge of what was going to happen to Eugene, even though we both would have been better off if I’d stayed out of it.“

A loud gasp sounded at their left, and they turned to see Sioban, pale and withdrawn, staggering back from the well, her face twisted in horror. “Oh goddess... oh no... no,” she whispered shaking her head. “It can’t be... it can’t!”

“It can,” Nadina merely said softly, reaching up to take the redhead’s hand. “But... it doesn’t have to be. Of all of us assembled here, Sioban MacMillan, only YOU can stop it. You have the power, the determination, and the strength of will to do what even we Goddesses of Fate cannot. Most of all, only you have the strength of heart to save her from herself.“

“Wait, what is it?” Lacie asked, walking over to the two. “What’s going on? Nadina, what did you show her?”

“She showed me Katie,” Sioban replied, lip trembling but determined. “She’s in trouble... I have to go to her. Now!” She took a few steps back, manifesting and extending her wings. Before anyone else could say anything else, she vanished, disappearing in a flash of bright light.

“Hmmm. Impressive,” Nadina commented idly, swirling a finger in Urdarbrunnr’s waters. “She teleported away without any training. She’s pretty good to access her new powers that way. Even the original Valkyries had some training and instruction from Skuld herself before she sent them off.“

“Nadina!” Lacie yelled, causing the younger girl to jump slightly. “Stop fooling around and tell me what is happening with my daughter! Whatever you showed Sioban just now have her scared half to death!”

The young silver haired girl sighed. “You really don’t want to know,” she said solemnly. “It’s the same thing all of us Weavereaders have been seeing for the past several days now.” She turned to stare at her Big Sister. “You yourself have glimpsed it before... the cataclysm that we’ve all been trying to prevent? It’s about to happen. And your daughter is the cause of it.”

“K... Katie?” Lacie replied, stunned. “But... but that’s impossible! Katie could never... would never... she couldn’t be the thing that destroys the world! Besides... I thought I was the one that was supposed to have caused the cataclysm, not my daughter!“

“You did, Sister,” Ethyria replied sadly, coming up alongside, the other goddesses and visitors with her. “When you chose to act to save Eugene, you were not there to prevent Jessica’s death. And in breaking your taboo, you were rendered powerless, and thus unable to prevent the events that followed, to stop Katherine’s decline, to prevent her from succumbing to grief and despair, and crossing over into madness.” She shook her head. “She is YOUR daughter, Lacie... the daughter of a Goddess of Fate. A Child of Destiny in her own right. You’ve seen the kind of destruction your son is capable of in the depths of his anguish, when his powers go out of control. Imagine now the scope of destruction your daughter will reek in the depths of HER pain, now that she is alone, when she feels she has nothing to live for.“

“Ohhhhh... oh Goddess,” Lacie murmured, dropping to her knees in realization. “You’re right... you’re so right. This is... it’s my fault. All my fault! I’m a terrible mother. I should have seen... should have realized... but I was too caught up in my own tragedy... my own problems... and all for nothing! NOTHING!”

Angela nodded sadly in sympathy. “Ethyria, we need to leave. We have to head back and tell the others what’s going on. Nigel and the others will probably be starting to worry about us anyway...”

“I would imagine so. After all, you have been gone for nearly two months now.”

“TWO MONTHS?!?” Patty yelled, stunned. “But... but we’ve only been here two, maybe three hours!”

“Time flows differently here, child,” Vurda replied wearily, kneeling down next to her granddaughter. “A moment here is days in your world. But worry not, your beloved men are both fine, though they are dealing with problems of their own at the moment. It seems the threads of fate that bind you all together have taken an unforeseen twist.” She patted Lacie on the shoulder. “But you are right. It is time you all returned. I hope that you will all return to visit again soon. Having visited before, the Veil will now let you cross at will. If Destiny allows, and we all survive the next few days, I pray that you will all come to us again.” Tapping into her power, a bright red flash illuminated the area, as the visitors were all transported back to their realm once more. Once they were gone, Vurda collapsed, barely managing to grasp the edge of the well to keep from hitting the ground.

“Grandmother!” Nadina cried, as she and the other young ones rallied around their matriarch. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, child, nothing,” she said, panting. “I am merely... tired. It is nearly too much for me... maintaining the Great Weave without Verdandi and Skuld’s reincarnations here to aid me. You little ones... you do well to aid me as you do, but with the cataclysm nearly here, it is too much of a strain.” She shook her head. “If young Katherine cannot be dissuaded from her path... then, my children, it may truly be the end for us all.”

“What? NO! There has to be something we can do!”

Surprised, Vurda, Nadina, and Ethyria whirled around, staring in stunned surprised at two of their visitors, Tawnya Parkinson, and Angela Prentiss, still standing before them. “I agree,” Angela nodded in agreement, her expression grim. “I don’t know what has happened to her, but there has to be some way to reach her, to get through to her—”

“What the blazes are YOU still doing here?” Vurda asked, glaring at the young women, who merely blinked at her in confusion. “I just sent you and your companions all back to your world, across the Veil. You shouldn’t still be here!”

“You’re asking us?” Tawnya replied, wide eyed. “I dunno, I just thought maybe you held us for some reason...”

“I can tell you why,” Lacie Frasier said, stepping up as well, also having stayed behind when the others were transported back. “This has all the earmarks of Lady Destiny taking an active role.” She sighed softly, shaking her head. “You said it yourselves... with everything that’s happening, everything going on, and our ability to alter or change the circumstances handicapped, its like Fate is setting things up to happen this way on purpose.”

«VERY ASTUTE, YOUNG ONE» A loud echoing voice sounded, seeming to come from everywhere at once. A soft glow appeared within the center of the clearing, growing steadily brighter, and as one, the Nornir in attendance dropped immediately to their knees, heads bowed. Tawnya and Angela stood shell-shocked for a moment, before following suit, dropping to their knees as well, not sure what to think.

«GREETINGS, MY DAUGHTERS. YOU HAVE ALL DONE WELL IN YOUR STEWARDSHIP OF THE GREAT WEAVE. HOWEVER, TIME, AND REALITY ITSELF, IS AT A CROSSROADS. DESPITE YOUR EFFORTS, THE CATACLYSM YOU HAVE ALL SOUGHT TO AVOID IS APPROACHING. AND I HAVE COME TO WITNESS EVENTS AS THEY UNFOLD FIRSTHAND. IT IS TIME, MY DAUGHTERS, FOR A RECKONING. WILL THIS WORLD, AS YOU KNOW IT, CONTINUE ON? OR SHALL IT PASS AWAY, RIPPED ASUNDER ONLY TO START AGAIN ANEW? THAT, MY DAUGHTERS, IS FOR DESTINY TO DECIDE. AND DESTINY SHALL DECIDE THIS WORLD’S FATE... NOW!»

((end))