The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows VI: Blinded By The Light

by J. Darksong

Epilogue:

Xiria Anders whistled softly to herself as she stared at the computer readout once more. Wow. Those are a lot of zeroes, she thought giddily, as she scrolled down to her accounts final balance. Having deposited the computer and software files at the specified drop off point, she’d returned home to find a substantial deposit in her overseas account. It was all she could do to keep from jumping up and down and cheering in delight.

Then again, she thought with glee, I’m rich now, so why the hell not? Jumping up and down, she laughed gaily, twirling around and whipping her hair around in a frenzy. “I’m rich! I’m rich! Oh god, I’m fabulously wealthy! Fuck... I can’t believe I made this much off such an easy gig!” She laughed again at her good fortune. That stupid cat-girl Manx was a fool to turn down this job! ‘Personal interests’ my ass! A hundred million dollar payoff, for less than an hour’s work, and all I had to do was rip off some fancy computer from some rich inventor’s house! Panting from her exertions, she finally dropped back down on her bed. Man... I could get used to this

Lying on her bed, daydreaming of all the ways she could spend her new windfall, she glanced over at her nightstand as her cell phone began to buzz. Without a though, she snatched it up, and flipped it open. “Hello?” she answered, still smiling, thought of avarice swirling about her head.

“Sassenach.”

Xiria gasped, her eyes fluttering rapidly, blinking from remembered bright red flashes beamed into her mind, into her psyche, into her subconscious. After several seconds, she sighed, relaxing, her eyes simply staring straight ahead. “Yes, Master,” she intoned stiffly, still holding the phone to her ear. “I am listening.”

“Aye. That’s good,” Eugene Frasier’s low deep burr came through the phone. “I want you to listen and listen well, my little sassenach. That’s what ye are, lass... an invader. You invaded my home, took from me, endangered my family. For that, I should take yer life. Ah... and so I shall. Not by ending it, no... but from now on, lass, ye will be my agent instead of theirs. Ye’ll do what I command, complete my tasks, and follow my instructions, completely, totally, and without hesitation. Do ye understand?“

“Yes, Master,” she replied instantly, her eyes blinded with red. “I understand. I hear and obey.”

“Good. Verra good. Then hear this and obey. Whenever you hear my voice, and ONLY my voice, speak the word sassenach, you will return to this state of complete and total obedience. You will follow any instructions i give you to the letter. Then, when you have completed your task, you will immediately send me a text message informing me of your success. Afterwards, you will awaken again... but with no memory of what you have done, or why. But dinnae worry... that will seem perfectly normal to you. There will be no need to worry or concern yourself. In fact, you will convince yourself that everything is fine, and that ye are wherever you find yourself because you wished to be there. Do ye understand?“

“Yes. Master.”

“Good. Verra verra good. Now then, sassenach, in just a moment, I shall disconnect. When i do, you will hang up yer cell, and awaken from this trance with no memory of our conversation. You’ll remember it only as a wrong number.” He chuckled softly. “Aye... but ye will also always answer any calls or text messages ye receive. And ye will always carry your cell around with you. You will NEVER be without it on your person, or within reach.” He paused, considering. “Thief or no, I’m not one to impose such a fate to someone lightly. Were the stakes different, I would let ye go with a mild warning, nothing more. But... this is the reality. You will remain as my agent, lass, until I have no further need for ye. Do ye understand?“

“Yes, Master,” she replied, the slightest bit of resignation penetrating the monotone inflection. “I understand.”

“Verra good,” he said wearily. “Then, my instructions to you are merely to continue your day as normal. Go on about yer business. I will call ye again, when I have need.” With that, he hung up.

“Yes, Master,” she replied, hanging up her cell. Instantly, she blinked, frowning. “Huh... what was I saying? Hello?” She glanced down at the phone in her hand, blinking. “Huh... they hung up. Guess it was a wrong number.” Shrugging, she placed it back on her nightstand. “Ah, well, guess I’d better get dressed. I have a hell of a lot of shopping to do!”

* * *

“Greetings, Sister.”

Lacie Frasier turned, startled to see a lovely young woman in flowing silver robes with black hair standing calmly in the middle of her living room. It took her a moment or two to recognize both the clothing and the face of her visitor. “Ah, Ethyria,” she said breathing a sigh of relief. “You scared me half to death!” Walking over, she hugged her sister, giving her a deep soft kiss on the lips. “Welcome to my home! What brings you here? I didn’t know you or the others even left the Vale.”

“We don’t, usually,” she said with a sad smile. “Not unless it’s something,,, important.”

That caught Lacie’s attention. Immediately, she turned to the younger girl. “What is it? What’s wrong? Am I needed back?”

“Needed? No... not yet, though your presence is always missed.” She sighed softly. “I have news about the Cataclysm.”

“The Cataclysm?” Lacie asked, shuddering inwardly. “That apocalyptic end of the world thing you and the others foretold? I thought you were unable to see it clear enough to define exactly what event brings it about?”

“We can’t” Ethyria said with a sigh, walking over to sit down on the couch. “Not completely. Our missing Sister was the only one with the power to truly see clear enough to know what was coming. But as it looms ever closer, the image becomes clearer. Recently, it cleared enough that I could See something new... something important. We now know the source of the anomaly that will cause the Cataclysm.”

“Really? Well, that’s great!” Lacie exclaimed with a smile. “It’s something, at least. If we know the source, we can figure out how to stop it, right?” When her enthusiasm was met were stony silence, she frowned, feeling a chill begin to crawl up her spine. “Okay... obviously there’s something more. Sister... what haven’t you told me?”

“The source, my Sister,” she said wearily, looking away, unable to meet her eyes. “The one responsible for the destruction of not only our entire world, but all the other worlds linked to ours, to every world in existence—“

“Just spit it out, Ethyria,” Lacie said, her anxiety and dread getting the better of her. “What’s the source? What triggers the Cataclysm?”

“You do,” her Sister replied, looking up at her now, sadness etched deep in her lovely young face. “You do, Lacie.” She sighed again. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what to tell you... none of us can see clear enough to determine how you trigger it... what you do, or don’t do, say, or don’t say... whether it’s action or inaction that causes it. All I can tell you with certainty is that you are at the center of it all.”

“I... destroy the world?” Lacie breathed, dropping down to the couch as well. She shook her head in disbelief. “But... I wouldn’t! I could never... I mean... I wouldn’t do anything like that...”

“Again, I’m sorry, Sister,” Ethyria said, leaning close to hug the older woman. “I’m very sorry. I wish I could say something to comfort or reassure you, but all I can offer you is the truth.” She kissed Lacie gently, looking her directly in the eye. “And the truth, my Sister, is that there is hope. You’re a heroine, a force for good. It makes perfect sense for you to be involved in whatever triggers the Cataclysm. And I think that’s a good thing... if anyone can stop the end of the world, surely it’s Omega Girl!”

* * *

“Hello?”

“Hey, Jimmy! Are you busy?”

“Yeah... kinda,” he replied back. “What’s up, Sis?”

“Um, I was just wondering if you could maybe drop by our place sometime today, or tomorrow, and take a look at our TV,” I said. “The dang satellite is all static-y, and no matter how we turn or position it, it just won’t work.”

“Uh huh,” he replied.

“Also, well, the internet connection is really hella slow,” I added, glancing over at Jess, who was grunting and pounding on the desk in frustration waiting for her download to finish. “Not sure why, we bought the bonus hi-end high speed package. I think it must be a computer glitch on our end.”

“Uh huh.”

I frowned. He was obviously not paying me any attention at all. “And finally, I thought maybe while you were here, Jess and I could strip down to our undies and we could all indulge in an incestuous three day. Sound good?”

“Uh huh.” he replied. I counted softly in my head... three... two... one... “Wait! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY?!?”

“Hah! I knew you weren’t paying attention to me!” I crowed, simultaneously smug and offended. “What the heck are you doing, anyway?”

“I was studying,” he replied back, waspishly, “until your offhand comment blew pretty much every working synapse in my brain!“

“Studying? Studying what? You finished with school a year and a half before I did! What could you possibly be researching so deeply that you can’t spend a few minutes giving your precious baby sister a few minutes of your time?” Hehehe. When I poured it on, I poured it really thick.

He sighed, and I could just hear him rolling his eyes. “Well, if you MUST know,” he said after a moment, “I’m studying to take my upcoming medical exam.”

Medical exam? “Jimmy? Are you sick? What’s wrong? Are you okay? Did something happen?”

His laughter surprised me, “No, no, you ditz... not THAT kind of exam. A medical board exam. I’ve been studying to get certified as a medical assistant.”

“What?” Whoa. This was news to me. “You’re studying to be a doctor? When did this happen?”

He shrugged. “Meh... it’s been a couple of weeks now. You know about what happened in Midas, what nearly happened to ’Rora? Well, I decided right then and there that I wanted to do more than just go around beating up criminals. I talked to Auntie Val and Gale, the nurse down at the Midas Touch clinic, and they encouraged me to give it a try. And it’s just as a medical assistant, Katie... Valerie’s a genius, and it took her several years of study to become a cardiac specialist. I’m starting small, wading a bit into the pool before I cannonball.” He sighed. “Besides... interns work sixty or more hour weeks just learning and getting experience practicing medicine before they can become residents, and I’ve just started repairing all the damage to my, and our family’s name, as Darklight from everything I did as Umbra. I’m not ready to give that up. I don’t want to give that up.“

“Jimmy...” I said... my throat seizing up. I was just so... overwhelmed. Studying to become a doctor? Or assistant doctor? Or whatever? My brother was just so amazing. Anyone else with his smarts would go into business, or do something to make money, but no... he was studying to become a doctor and help people. It just infuriated me sometimes... when I look at all the bad press he got during the trial, and how, even now, everyone seems doubtful about him, always thinking the worst of him, when he was only trying to do the right thing! Like he constantly needed to prove himself to everyone!

“Hey, now, don’t go getting all mushy on me now, Sis,” he teased. “This doesn’t change anything, you know. I’m still the same moody, surly guy you’ve grown up with. If I do become a doctor, I’ll be the annoying introverted know-it-all that no one understands but everyone respects. I’ll be Dr. House, but without the limp.”

That made me laugh. “Nah. You’re not scruffy enough. You barely have more than a little peach fuzz on your chin, let alone full grown five o’ clock shadow.”

“Meh. I’ll draw it in with magic marker.” Which got another laugh from me. “Anyway, Katie, I need to study. I have passed all the online exams easily enough, but there is only so much you can do online. I have to go to Provo in a few days to take the final exam in person. I’m going to be pretty busy for a while... but I’ll ask Megan is she’s free if she’ll stop by to look at your electronics.”

“Really? Cool! I didn’t even think about asking her. Thanks, Bro.”

“No problem, Sis. I’ll talk to you later, okay?” Click.

Hanging up, I glanced over at Jessica. “Well, sweetie, looks like Jimmy’s busy. He won’t be able to come over, but he said he’ll ask a friend of his to drop by and look at it for us. She’s really good with computers, even better than Jimmy. I think she can fix our internet problem.”

She glanced back over her shoulder. “Really? That’s great. Thanks for taking care of that, sweetie.” She glanced down at the screen again. “Um, looks like this is going to take a while longer. You can go on to bed, I’ll join you in a while once this is finally done downloading.”

“Okay,” I replied, leaning forward to kiss her sweetly. “See you in a bit.” Yawning, I walked back into the bedroom, and got ready for bed.

In the living room, finally alone, Jessica let out a small sigh. As the counter finally reached one hundred, the YouTube video she’d been searching for finally appeared, an old recorded video of Omega Girl fighting some giant robot from a few years back. Turning down the volume, she hit play, then, sighing, slid a hand deep inside the waistband of her pants...

((end))