The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows II: Light

by J. Darksong

5.)

The day couldn’t seem to pass fast enough. We were all anxious to return to the club, to continue in our newly assigned roles as Mistress’ pets, but alas, play time was reserved for night time. Still... we were in Miami Beach, and there was still plenty of fun in the sun to be had by four hot sexy babes if you knew where to look. Bunny removed my collar for me, replacing it with a tasteful unadorned black choker. I did the same for her, and we both sighed in relief. Mistress had cautioned us not to behave like the pets we were outside of the club, and while I still felt every bit the sex kitten, it was easier to suppress my natural urges without the collar, in my human form.

Was it strange that I felt more comfortable, more natural, going about on all fours, with a tail swishing behind me?

We met up with Pony and Bitchy in their human guises just after noon. Bunny and I exchanged a knowing glance and a grin. Both girls were positively simmering with barely repressed sexual energy, and it didn’t take much of a guess to know what they’d been up to before we’d knocked on their door. I did find it a little strange, though... the dynamic between the two of them. Pony was clearly the more dominant of the two, with Bitchy always seeming to defer to her. For some reason, that seemed backwards to me... though I couldn’t quite think of why. Still, it seemed to work for them. Bunny and myself had more of an equal partnership, with one of us leading the way part of the time, and the other taking the reins the next time.

Besides, in the grand scheme of things, it was really Madame Astrid Madrigal who pulled our strings.

Feeling a little hot under the collars, so to speak, we decided to hit the pool. At least, the others did. I chose to lounge about pool side, watching the other play around and splash each other. I felt... strangely torn about joining in. On the one hand, I could swim like a fish. I wasn’t afraid of the water at all. And yet... my innate cat-ness gave me a deep-seated aversion to getting wet. I didn’t fear the water, I just didn’t like it. Which... felt strange, again... because I kind of thought... I USED to love the water.

Didn’t I?

* * *

“What’s our estimated time of arrival in Miami?” Eugene Frasier asked the pilot.

“We should touch down roughly around seven-thirty P.M., sir,” she replied. “It’s about a six hour trip, but traveling east, we lose some time.”

“Aye, well, do yer best,” he said softly. “Time is of the essence, but it’s not as if you can get out and push.” He forced a smile onto his face. “I want to thank ye again for doing this on such short notice, Karen...”

“No need, Mr. Frasier,” she replied with a true smile. “We’re all here for you. All you have to do is ask.”

Gene shook his head. “You’re not at my beckoned call, y’ken. Yer an employee, not a slave. I really do appreciate this. And I intend to make it up to you and the rest of the crew.” He paused for a moment. “If I’m not mistaken, I overheard you talking with Angela a few months ago about how you and your husband never got to have a real honeymoon.” He frowned, thinking back. “And... I recall ye were always partial to... Paris?”

Karen’s eyes widened. “Y... yes sir! Um, but how... that was, like... I just mentioned Paris once, in passing, years ago...”

Gene tapped the side of his temple lightly. “Total recall. It’s as much a curse as a blessing, but it has its uses.” He reached inside his suit jacket and withdrew a pair of tickets and a small key. “Two first class tickets to Paris, for you and your husband. The key is to a small chateau in the Loire Valley, about seven miles east of Orleans. It’s kind of small, only about twenty rooms or so, but its a nice little spot for a honeymoon.” He turned back to leave the cockpit before the stunned girl could even respond, but he smiled to himself at her squeal of delight as the door closed behind him.

“That was rather nice of you, Gene,” Eva Snow commented from her seat as the Scotsman slid in across from her. He raised an eyebrow. “Not that you’re not overly generous with ALL your employees,” she added with a grin. “I’m just surprised you went to the time and effort to pick up a pair of first class tickets to Paris on your way to rescue your daughter.”

“It was on the way,” he shrugged. “I simply made a call on the way to the airport, and picked up the tickets at the counter on the way out to the jet. Aye, and the lass deserves it. It cannae be easy working for a man that requires you to drop whatever yer doing at the drop of a hat to fly him all over the world, yet insists on complete and total secrecy, not even telling your husband where yer going or why.”

“Yes, I can imagine. Still, I think that’s a pretty significant gesture, considering your own recent troubles...”

Gene merely sighed. “Ach, well... I dinnae ken what’s to come with this whole situation. I’ve made some inquiries as to who’s trying to take control of my company, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. They’ve covered their tracks verra well. I’m not afraid of being poor—I’d prepared long before for any type of financial difficulties, and if anything were to happen to me, Lacie and the children are taken care of. As to the rest... well, I’ll treat my employees the best I can... for as long as I can.”

Eva nodded. “You’re a good man, Eugene.” Taking a sip of Perrier, she smiled playfully. “Now, if only you could spread a little of that gratitude my way...”

Rolling his eyes, Gene chuckled. “Yer a beast, lassie, ye ken that? But, aye... I do appreciate you coming with me. You know if there’s anything you need or want—”

“I was only joking, my friend,” she said, placing a hand along his. Her smile turned wicked again, as she leaned back in the white kid leather reclining seat. “But... if this whole deal with your company doesn’t work out, and you need to get rid of some property quickly... I’d be happy to take this jet off your hands.”

* * *

And finally, finally, evening rolled around! I don’t think I’d ever looked forward to a night this much since Senior Prom. A quick shared shower with Bunny, a quick little make-out session, and an even faster dressing, and we were ready to hit the club. We were dressed rather provocatively tonight, which seemed both really exciting and strangely new. Didn’t sexy little pets always dress to please their Owner? Pony and Bitchy met us in the hallway, and Pony gestured to my neck.

“Don’t forget your collar, Kitty,” she reminded me, and I blushed hotly. No wonder I felt a little out of sorts. I was still wearing the choker from before—I’d forgot to switch back to my Owner’s collar! Grinning sheepishly, I ran back into the room, retrieving my collar. I handed it to the dominant pony girl, and turned around, moving my hair aside.

“Would you... put it on me, Pony?” I asked meekly, shuddering slightly as she lightly caressed the shoulders and neck. I couldn’t see her smirk, but I swear I could feel it as she considered my words.

“I don’t know,” she said with a dark laugh. “Maybe I should hold onto it. I can just imagine how upset Mistress would be if you showed up without it.” She licked her lips. “She’d definitely have to punish you. Maybe she’d ask ME to punish you on her behalf?” I shuddered again, and her hand dipped lower, caressing, then lightly swatting my ass. “Maybe you’d like me to punish you anyway. Bunny is entirely too sweet and nice for her own good... sometimes a girl just needs to be roughed up a bit. Isn’t that right, Bitchy?”

Bitchy sighed, rolling her eyes slightly, her bitchiness showing itself once more. But when Pony called her name again, sharply, she lowered her head, blushing hotly. “Y... yes, Ma’am,” she said in a soft meek voice. “Especially... n... naughty girls... like me.”

Pony sighed softly in pleasure. Removing the choker from my neck, she fastened my collar safely around my neck, then leaning forward, she kissed me lightly on the lips. I mewled softly, trying to press into her, but she laughed, stepping back. “Later, Kitten. Perhaps tonight, I’ll give Bitchy a little break, and play with you and Bunny tonight.”

Bunny shuddered slightly as well, clutching herself. “Mmmm... sounds yummy. But, we’d better get going, girls. It wouldn’t do to keep Mistress waiting.”

The club was just starting to fill up when we arrived. It was Sunday night, and I’d kind of expected the crowds to be smaller, what with this being the end of the weekend and all, but if anything, the place seemed even more lively than usual. As if everyone knew the weekend was almost over, and they were all determined to wring the very last drop of pleasure they could from the day before it was over. Of course, we were here for the same exact reason, only we were here for Mistress’ pleasure moreso than our own.

I saw a couple of familiar faces. Rachel, the female bartender smiled, and handed us a couple of bottled waters as we stood by the bar. She tended bar every other day, and the days in between she worked in the VIP room as well. She was very hot, with the nicest pair of legs I’d ever seen in my life. Synch’s VIP room catered to pretty much every kind of fetish imaginable, and Rachel’s specialty seemed to be satisfying the foot fetish crowd. It wasn’t my thing—or rather, Mistress hadn’t MADE it my thing yet—even so, seeing as much love and care she took of her pretty peds, I could understand the attraction.

Another familiar face walked by, and I waved to Ellen as she moved towards the dance floor. Another one of Mistress’ pets, Ellen was a recruiter. She’d been trained and conditioned to seek out prospective pets, and tempt them into entering the Madame’s chambers uninvited. Knowing the password was only half of the equation, however; in order to keep her invited guests from having their minds fried, they were given a small card key, which fit into the small slot I’d discovered on my first time entering. I fingered Mistress’ key card idly in my left pocket as the deeply tanned blonde winked at me. I winked back, of course. None of us felt any animosity towards her for being tricked. For one thing, Ellen was just as much a slave to her Mistress as we were, and she was only doing the job she’d been given. Secondly, Mistress’ control over her pets was very powerful, but also very subtle. Ellen honestly had no idea about the key card, or the little mind altering trap hidden behind the red metal door, because Mistress didn’t allow her to remember them. Indeed, I had only the vaguest recollection of the event myself, probably because I’d held on longer than the others before submitting to Her will.

Besides, belonging to Madame Madrigal was absolutely wonderful. I could hardly blame the girl for making my life so much better that it was before.

“Looks like its about time to head in, girls,” Ellen said, tossing back the last of her rum and coke. “You four look absolutely scrumptious! I bet the crowds won’t be able to keep their hands off you!”

“One can only hope,” Pony replied with a laugh. “I don’t know about you, but I’m so fucking horny I can barely stand it!”

As we turned to head to the VIP area, a hand grabbed me from behind. “Katie? Is that you? Wow... you’ve really changed your look.”

I turned, frowning slightly. A tall blonde guy looked down at me with piercing blue eyes. “Excuse me,” I said coldly, pulling free of his grasp, but he grabbed my arm again.

“Katie? What’s wrong with you? It’s me, Richard. You know, the guy who gave you that incredible massage a few days ago at your hotel? What’s with your new look? This... this look, these clothes.. this isn’t you.”

My frown deepened. He kept mispronouncing my name. Not to mention the fact that grabbing me like that was just plain rude. It was one thing to get pawed over back in the VIP section—a lot of wealthy and influential people paid Mistress good money to do all that and more! It was something else completely to be harassed by some random guy in the front of the club. Pulling free for a second time, I turned and headed towards the door. “Sorry. My name is Kitty, not Katie. You must be thinking of someone else.” Rashan, the six-three Jamaican bouncer approached our location, but I waved him off. “It’s okay, Rashan,” I said sweetly, glancing back at the blonde guy behind me. “It was just a misunderstanding. Right, hon?”

The blonde guy nodded, swallowing slightly. “Yeah. Just a case of mistaken identity. Oh, well, no harm, no foul, right? Anyway, miss... do me a favor, and... stay safe.” He then turned and walked away.

As for me, I was momentarily frozen. Stay.... safe? What an odd thing to say. But... something about being... safe... I shook my head to clear it, and started walking towards the VIP section again. The girls had gone on ahead, not noticing my little altercation, and after Rashan buzzed me through, I used my key card to unlock the door to my left. I still felt a little off balance, but I put on a smile anyway as I stepped into the large gathering room.

“Ah, there you are, my little Kitten,” Astrid said sweetly, stepping forward to greet me. “I was beginning to think you’d taken a wrong turn.” She laughed, and a moment later I joined in, getting the joke. The short little hallway only had two doors, so it was rather hard to get lost. “Let’s hurry up and get you back to your normal Sex Kitten self, shall we?” she asked, holding out my headband.

I let out a loud and deep purr as Mistress returned me back to my true essence once more. Soon enough, a pair of cute kitty ears sat atop my head, a cute kitty tail extended from my rear, and my calico colored body stocking so well simulated my coloring that I was hard pressed to remember it wasn’t real fur. I was me again. I was complete. I dropped down to all fours as Mistress snapped a leash around my collar, and led me back through the little hallway into the right side doorway.

Music flowed through at a soft level, mixing perfectly with the sounds of talking and sex permeating the room. My eyes glazed slightly as Mistress slid out of her shawl, stepping forward as naked as the rest of the room, me padding along obediently behind her. My thighs began to moisten as She brought me to a heavy set Asian man with a pair of thick busy eyebrows, and handed him my leash. “Here you are, Mr. Takaski,” she said with a grin. “Sorry for the wait. I trust she was worth it?”

“Oh yes,” he hissed softly, running a large heavy hand along my backside, making me purr again. “She is very lovely. And... she will do whatever I want?”

“Of course,” Mistress said dismissively. “This little kitten is perfectly tame. You’ll obey you as if your words were mine, and love every minute of it. Won’t you, pet?”

“As you command, Mistress,” I purred, arching my back in pleasure at the thought of being used. I was in heat, and this little pussy needed some hot and heavy attention on her pussy. I purred again, as I felt his thick strong hands began teasing along the cleft of my buttocks, turning me to face his stiffening cock, eager to dine on some ‘man cream’... but a strange though suddenly entered my head.

This... wasn’t... safe.

I paused, my mouth inches from his cock, frowning. I was in the Play Room with Mistress and Her other pets, and Her guests. I was in the arms of a wonderful man that Mistress had invited back into Her private chambers, a wonderful man who wished only to pleasure me and receive pleasure from me... and yet... yet...

Something about all this just felt wrong. Not safe—

Do me a favor... and stay safe, okay?

I shook my head, feeling dizzy for an instant. The man, Mr. Takashi, looked annoyed. “What is wrong, girl? You playing hard to get or something?” Forcing a smile onto my face, I licked my lips, letting a programmed response roll off my lips.

“Forgive me, Sir. You are just so... big. I’m a little.... intimidated.”

Chuckling, seemingly satisfied, the man went back to his aimless exploration of my body, and I surged forward, enveloping his fat little prick in my mouth. My body began responding as it had been taught, my mouth and tongue working my client over with gusto even as my mind struggled to figure out what was going on inside me.

Katie? What’s wrong with you?

I blinked, gasping, nearly choking as I inhaled in surprise, nearly impaling myself on the man’s cock. I sat back, coughing, shaking my head again. This was... wrong. I needed to talk to Mistress... needed to tell her about the strange confusing thoughts that were popping up inside my head. She would know what to do. She would make it all better.

What’s with this new look? This... isn’t you!

I groaned again, clutching my head. Drums began echoing inside my skull... Mistress’ beat, pounding... trying to silence the icky thoughts, bad thoughts, trying to quiet the dull roar I felt building up inside me. My hands were clenching into fists, and I heard the man yelp in pain as my claws grated scratch marks along his thighs. He pushed me away, glaring down at me.

“You stupid girl,” he growled, rubbing at the scratches. “What the hell is wrong with you? If I wanted someone to claw and scratch me up, I would have paid for an evening with Wildcat. I picked you because I was told you were a Sex Kitten!”

Kitten? Yes... yes, that’s what I was. A Sex Kitten. My name was Kitty...

Katie? What’s wrong with you?

No! Kitty. Not Katie... not... I shook my head again, the drum beat getting louder, a stacotto thumping sound, like the beating of a heart. I closed my eyes rightly, trying to block out everything, the music, the fat old man, the drum beat in my head, and most especially, the voices...

Not safe. Not safe. Not safe. Something is wrong. Wrong. WRONG! Not safe here! Need to... need to save... my friends... not an animal. What’s wrong with you Katie? This isn’t you! This isn’t you! THIS ISN’T YOU!

“Hey! Stupid girl!” The oriental man said, shaking me hard by my shoulders. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

Katie! What’s wrong with you?

My... name... is... Kitty? Isn’t... it?

Katie. Katie. Katie. KATIE KATIE KATIEKATIEKATIEKATIEKATIE...

My eyes opened wide as something tore loose inside my mind, and I bit my lip to keep from screaming. The world seemed to twist, as if the floor had dropped out from underneath me, and three days of hidden and repressed memories flooded my consciousness in an instant. I felt as if I might throw up, from the sudden rush of knowledge, or from the memories of my own degradation, I didn’t know which. Pushing the fat man away from me, I half-fell, half-stumbled away, crawling towards the far wall, shuddering, as I tried to deal with what was percolating inside my own skull.

I’d been used... abused... violated. Worse, I’d been made to joyously participate in that violation, by not only having my will taken away... but my very identity! She... she made me think I was a fucking pussy cat in human form! I thought angrily. Then, I glanced around the room, and took in the totality of my surroundings. No... not just me... not just my friends. She’s done this to... everyone here! Over a dozen of us girls... turned into her pets! Pets... for her amusement, and the use of her so-called clients!

Horror, shame and disgust gave way to anger, and I went with it. Anger was always better than shame or fear, and right now, I needed to cling to my anger to get me through this. Rising shakily to my feet, I started across the room towards the Madame Madrigal, determined to end this shameful display, when Mr. Takashi decided that he had had enough.

“Listen, bitch!” he said loudly, grabbing my arm, “I don’t care what your problem is. I paid good money for a night with you, and I intend to get some sucki-sucki, fucki-fucki if I have to hold you down and do it myself.” I turned slowly, eyes glowing with light and rage as I faced him.

“Let... go... of... ME!” I yelled, releasing a Photonic Blast at the man, sending him back into the wall I’d just left. He gurgled softly, stunned, the wind knocked out of him, and slumped to the ground, hard. I panted softly, turning back to face the crowd, noticing then that the music had stopped. Everyone was staring at me, but I didn’t much care at this point. “Get out of here,” I growled, taking another step forward. “All of you... get the HELL OUT OF HEEERRRREEE!” my voice going shrill as small sparks of light began erupting from all about me. “GET OUT OF HERE!!”

That was enough to convince the crowd. The patrons scurried to their feet, some stopping to grab clothes, others not caring, too eager to escape from whatever was about to happen. Security wasn’t so easily discouraged, however, and three of the club’s bouncers rushed into the room, heading towards me. Two of them had batons, and the third was carrying a blackjack, so I extended my light through my hands, forming a pair of tonfa. Growling like a mad woman, I charged forward, still fixated on getting to Madrigal even as the trio swarmed me.

I let go, letting my body respond, as it had for mostly the past two days, on reflex. Aunt Roni’s training took over, and I ducked, and dodged, and twisted, crossing up and countering their every attack. A quick spin on my tonfa sent the first man down to his knees, but a second one grabbed me from behind, pinning my arms behind my back. The remaining thug, seeing me immobilized, raised his baton and stepped towards me, hoping to end things. I smiled savagely, thinking the same thing. Just as he stepped in range, I kicked up, pushing off with my left foot, catching him in the chin with my right, and used him as a somersault to flip me completely over the back of the one holding me. Twisting in mid-air, grabbing and holding the remaining bouncer by the neck, I yanked, hard, letting my momentum aid me. He flew over my shoulder, and slammed hard into the ground.

The second bouncer groaned as I walked past him, down, but not out. I was barefoot, and my kick to the jaw hadn’t carried the same punch it did when I was wearing my boots. Oh well. A quick strike to the back of the head put him out as well as down. Panting a bit heavier now, I stood up straight, facing the woman responsible for this entire mess.

Ah, but Astrid wasn’t ready to capitulate just yet. She snapped her fingers, and as one, all of her adoring ‘pets’ rose to their feet. “Stop her, my lovelies,” she said firmly, taking a step back from me. “Do whatever it takes. Do not let her reach me!”

I hesitated for a moment. I didn’t want to attack these girls. They were all victims in this, the same as I. Joseph Addison coined the phrase, ‘He who hesitates is lost’, and my momentary hesitation nearly cost me. A dark haired girl tackled me around the waist, taking me off my feet, and the rest of the women reached down, grabbing for my limbs, trying to help her hold me down. I was caught, pinned, and there was nothing I could do to get free short of burning everyone with my Light. I struggled fruitlessly, mentally smacking myself for letting this happen... when, as luck would have it, my good luck fairies came to my rescue, causing the sprinkler system to go off, and the lights to go out.

Doused with water, unable to see, my captors panicked, releasing me as they fumbled and stumbled around in the darkness. Backup generators kicked on a few seconds later, but by then I was already back on my feet. Before the girls could regroup, I launched an attack of my own. Spiderman would have been proud, I thought to myself, as I send a flurry of Light Webs at the girls, wrapping them up nice and tidy. I was getting a little worn down from using so much power in such a short time, but soon enough everyone was caught and immobilized... hmmm... everyone except for—

Jessica!

A flash of metal moving behind me caught my attention, and I again reacted on instinct, ducking and moving into the strike. A knife flashed past, over my shoulder, and I grabbed the wrist, twisting as I pulled the girl over my shoulder, and onto the ground. Jessica let out a hiss of pain, as I held her wrist distended, stunned that my BFF had almost killed me! I released her hand, then wrapped her in a Light cocoon, then turned to face Astrid Madrigal. I extended a hand towards her, forming a razor edged rapier of Light in my grasp, as I backed her up against a wall.

“Very well,” she said nervously, as I lowered the blade to her throat. “You’ve... ahem... made your point. You win, my dear. I surrender. I give up.” My eyes narrowed, and I pressed the tip of my glowing blade just a hair tighter against her flesh, exciting a yelp from her. “Okay... I said I give up! What... what do you want from me? Please... I’ll do anything you want!”

I held her there for a long moment... it seemed like a year. Then I sighed and lowered my hand, dissolving the blade into nothingness. “That’s all I wanted from you,” I said softly as the outer door hissed open, and several people rushed into the room. I just wanted to hear you beg. Yes... it was tempting, the idea of hurting you... of killing you... but if I did that, I wouldn’t be much better than you, now, would I?” I turned and took a step towards the open door, but stumbled, feeling my energy and adrenaline finally fade on me. My vision swam, and I could have sworn I saw my Dad walking towards me. Just before everything went grey, the thought popped into my head:

The guys are never gonna let me live this down for having Daddy show up to save us...

* * *

“How are ye feeling now, lass?” my Dad asked me, quietly.

I nodded, wrapping the blanket tighter around myself. How did I feel? Violated. Embarrassed. Angry. Mortified. Sore. Humiliated. Afraid. The word ‘fine’ didn’t even come close to cutting it, but I nodded again, giving my Daddy a tremulous smile.

More than anything else, I was scared... scared to think that my Daddy was disappointed in me... or that I’d hurt him. I remembered bits and pieces of our conversation that morning... not so much the words, but how I’d felt towards him. That hurt the worst. That BITCH had taken away so much of my identity that I’d treated Dad like he was a stranger. Still, in a roundabout way, I was lucky Astrid had insisted on telling me what to say in case anyone called to check up on me. I’d followed her instructions so well that I’d sounded unnatural, tipping him off that something was wrong. If she’d been less of a control freak and let me improvise my way through, he and Aunt Eva might not have come looking for me.

And if they hadn’t forced their way in by shorting out Astrid’s security system, and knocking out the lights when they had, I might not have been the one victorious. A nice little session back in her ‘Boom Boom Boom’ room, and I’d have been her adoring pet again.

“I’ll be okay,” I replied, clutching his hand. “I’m more worried about Jess, and the others.” I swallowed softly, remembering what I’d done to Jess... then blushed as I remembered what I’d done with her. “Do you think Ms. Snow can help them?”

“Can, and did,” Eva announced with a sigh as she stepped out from the gathering room. “They’ll all be fine. I removed all of that woman’s programming from their minds. I also took the liberty of wiping the memories of your heroics in there with the girls, and the other patrons we passed on the way in. Your secret identity as Luminaire is still safe.” She rubbed the bridge of her nose. “I still need to take a good and thorough look inside your head as well, Katherine. I gave you a quick once over before starting on the others, and it’s a mess.”

“Not right now, please,” I said weakly. I was really only barely holding things together. I’d let her poke around all she wanted later, when we got home, but right now... “I don’t think I can... handle it at the moment. Later? Please?” The blonde psychic nodded.

“I don’t think I could right now even if I wanted to. I haven’t had to work on this many minds at once in years... and sadly, I’m a bit out of practice. Suffice it to say, fixing the other girls was akin to pulling weeds, but fixing your head would be like uprooting an oak tree.”

I blinked, not knowing if I should feel flattered or insulted. At that moment, the police emerged from the room, with the Madame Madrigal in tow, hands cuffed behind her back. She wore a slight smirk on her face that made me want to kick her teeth in. Not that I had the energy to actually do it... but I was kind of regretting not running her through earlier when I’d had the chance. Noting my expression, she chuckled softly, and I bristled, going stiff in my Dad’s arms.

“Oh? And what’s so amusing?” Eugene demanded, stopping the officer from leading her out for the moment. “Something funny about watching your little empire crumbling to dust around you? Or is it you find prison funny? I only hope you still find it entertaining a few years from now while your bunkmates take turns doing to you what you did to those poor girls!”

She clapped lightly from behind her back. “Oh, Bravo. Bravo. Stirring words from the angry father. But, I’m afraid you’ve got it all wrong. This is, at the worst, only a minor setback for me. I won’t be going to prison... because in the eyes of the law, I haven’t done anything wrong!”

“Haven’t done anything wrong?” I yelled, moving to stand in front of her. “You bitch! Kidnaping? Brainwashing? Prostitution? They oughta give you the chair!”

“Easy, Katie,” Eugene said, placing a soothing hand on my shoulder. “The girl’s right, Madrigal. In case it’s escaped you, those four girls are all under twenty-one! The very fact that you had them back there involved in any of this makes you liable...”

“Not so,” Astrid countered with a grin. “First of all, kidnaping? Nonsense! The door to the VIP area is cleared marked ‘twenty-one and over only’. The bouncer stationed at the door checks for ID’s. Even then, you’re only allowed access with the proper password and a special key card, given only to members who are allowed to be back there.” She glared at me. “Now... if, say, a group of dishonest little BRATS decided to SNEAK in, using a fake ID, and a password overheard from a couple of actual members talking... well, I can hardly be blamed for that. Your girls entered of their OWN FREE WILL!”

“But they sure didn’t leave with their own FREE WILL, did they?” Eva growled back. “Do you deny using sophisticated sonic equipment to hypnotize and enslave a number of young girls into becoming your sex slaves?”

“What equipment?” she answered smoothly. “Are you referring to my rather expensive sound system, the one you and your friend DESTROYED when you broke into my private chambers?” She shrugged. “As for the rest... what you call enslaving, I simply call role play among consenting adults.”

“Consenting, my Scottish arse,” Gene grumbled. “And I suppose you have a answer for the charge of prostitution as well? No matter how you try and sugar coat it, or pretend not to know their ages, my daughter and her friends were under twenty-one years of age! They had no business being involved in this sordid affair! Now we’re talking federal laws, lass. You’re not skirting around the issues on this one—”

“You people are beginning to bore me,” Astrid cut in, “and frankly, I’m becoming tired of this conversation. So, let me spell it out for you. I’m going to walk. The evidence against me is circumstantial at best, and if this even went to court, it would be my word against theirs. This club is wired for survalience, sight and sound, and I can produce video evidence of all of these ‘sweet, innocent, under-aged girls’ getting drunk at the bar, using a fake ID to buy alcohol and get entrance to the VIP area. I even have recordings taken of yesterday’s little get together, and the girls asking for, and in some cases, BEGGING to have sex with my clients. I don’t know about your definition of ‘consensual’, but I think my lawyer can get a jury to agree with it. So go ahead if you want! Come after me with both barrels blazing! You’ll waste your own time and money, and resources, drag those poor dear girls’ through the mud in the process... and in the end, I’ll still get off!”

We all stood there for a moment, stunned. I had to give her credit... she’d considered all the angles when she’d set this little operation up. I wasn’t crazy about the idea of to going to court, and having every last detail about the past three days aired out in front of everyone. I doubted Whitney, Shani, Jessica’s parents would allow any of them to testify. Hell, I was pretty sure Dad wouldn’t allow me to take the stand either. And I doubted any of the Madame’s clients would be interested in testifying against her and implicating themselves in the process. She was right—we had nothing.

“Nothing to say, darlings?” Astrid asked, chuckling once again. “I thought as much. Well I suppose I should be off to jail now, at least until my lawyer arrives with to bail me out. Perhaps I’ll say hello to the mayor, and the chief of police as well, while I’m downtown. Neither one of them was here tonight, but they both are regular visitors to the VIP room.” She grinned. “They’ll be disappointed that it’ll be closed down for repairs for a few days, but... oh well.” She laughed again, heading for the exit, then froze, eyes wide, gurgling softly, as if she were choking.

“Pompous little twit,” Eva snarled, extending a hand towards the frozen femme. “You think you’re untouchable, do you? You think you can simply do what you did to those poor children and walk away unscathed? Well, my ‘darling’, I have some news for you! As of right now, you’re going to relive the same emotional trauma each and every one of your victims endured, over and over again, in your head, nonstop, for the next twenty-four hours. After that, you are going to go back to the police station and make a full confession of your very illegal activities, and beg them wholeheartedly to throw the book at you. You’re going to supply them with all the proof they need to make the charges stick—after you’ve carefully doctored it to remove anything that hurt or expose Katherine and her friends. And finally, you are going to donate a sizable chunk of your fortune to those other poor girls you’ve abused over the years. Do you understand me?”

“Y... ye... yeesss,” she managed to gasp, her eyes bulging nearly out of her sockets.

“Good,” Eva said wearily, with a wave of her hand. “Off with you then. Be on your way.” Shuddering slightly as she unfroze, the Madame staggered out through the exit towards the waiting police car. I looked at Aunt Eva, tears streaming from my eyes, and she gave me a weary smile. “I know, child,” she said softly, ruffling my hair in a way I used to detest, but decided to allow this time. “You don’t need to say anything.” Taking a deep breath, she nodded at the door. “Come on. Let’s get the others and get out of here. It’s time we left for home.”

* * *

Richard watched as the police and the others left the club, noting with a small smile as Katie and her entourage finally emerged. Taking out his cell phone, he hit the first number on his speed dial. “Hello? Yes, it’s me. Mission accomplished. Katherine Frasier is safe and sound, though no doubt a little worse the wear. Still, considering the state that most of Madrigal’s pets end up in, I think she got off rather easy.”

He listened for a moment, nodding. “Yes. Her father came down to get her, as you anticipated. They’re heading out right now. Uh huh... well, I’m not exactly sure what went down inside the club, just that the end resulted in Madrigal being lead out in handcuffs, and her club being closed down for the time being.” He frowned. “No, I’m afraid not. It seems someone did a number on the electrical system, and fried the security system.”

He chuckled softly. “That’s kind of you to say, but there’s no way of knowing if the tiny bit of mental manipulation had any effect at all. At any rate, sir, she’s no doubt leaving Miami with her Dad and heading back to River City. I’m not sure exactly how this little bit of a distraction will help things on your end... and frankly, I don’t understand why, if Frasier is such a hated enemy, the boss insisted that I keep an idea on his daughter and try and keep her out of trouble.” He sighed deeply. “Yes, well, that’s true. I don’t get paid to understand, just to do as I’m told. At any rate, this job is done, so I’m signing off until the next time I’m needed.”

He nodded, then nodded again. “No, thank you, Mr. MacDonald. I hope to hear from you again, soon.”

((end))