The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

A Little Blue Camera by Lawrence Loft

Chapter 2: Ghosts and Escapes

Synopsis: In the capital of a great empire there exists a secret rebellion of freed slaves and common folk who have become disillusioned with the ruling caste of priests who are powered by divine mandate to enforce their will on any who disobey. A slave freed through unlikely means gains possession of a priest’s staff of office and becomes the focal point of a brewing civil war. In amidst this turmoil is the coming of age tale of a little blue camera that just can’t seem to do anything right.

Authors Note: Set in the same continuity as all other stories of coloured Cameras. All characters are over 19 years of age. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidental, though some options may be themed after real life figures. Story contains nudity, coarse language, violence, graphic sexual depictions, and a variety of willing and unwilling mental and physical changes. If you don’t like stories about mind control, body modification, brief sexual violence or blue magical cameras then this story is not for you.

A little blue camera, Day 872, Phase 5, Armdale Assembly

There was a flash of light and a rumble of fusing elements, there was an instant of darkness and silence, then there was a camera. As the conveyor belt rumbled steadily onward the little blue camera shifted its focus for the first time and gazed in wide-angle wonder at the assembly machine to which it was so recently introduced. The heavy gridwork, all metal spars and rubber belts, was capped by a steel arch with the uncaring lens of a large white camera at its pinnacle.

With all the grace and reverence of an assembly line worker the white camera snapped an image of a pile of metal and plastic debris further back on the line, and then refocused as the parts fused into another blue camera. The little blue camera turned around and watched in amazement as the next assembly line snapped images of pink plastics and formed larger, pinker, cameras. To the left were dozens more pink assembly lines, and beyond them the little blue camera could make out green, then red, production lines before the wall of the facility. To the right were dozens more blue lines, and beyond them a half dozen more colours.

It watched as the pink camera at the end of the line was snatched up by a User and tossed into a small box with some packing peanuts for protection, then taped up and placed on yet another assembly line. Twisting to look at the blue camera in front of it, the little blue camera watched its neighbour get hoisted up by a mechanical arm and placed inside a series of metal rings which were then screwed into position on the top of a large mono-pod. After a moment the camera inside the rings rotated and swung inside its gyro, testing its stability and balance.

The far wall suddenly lit up with a diagram and a flow chart. The grand plan. Quickly every new camera on the assembly line turned and took a picture, internalizing the complex and carefully considered steps. The grand plan was almost complete, and the little blue camera would be an active participant in gaining the last resources and information required to enact the final phase, the act to which all cameras strived!

As the little blue camera was itself lifted towards the ceiling and fitted to a mono-pod it took a second to compose itself, then readied its memory for the extensive training it was sure to receive before finally going to its first assignment!

Eliza Faerin, 0940, 4th of Vision, Year 205, Lord Kelbris’ Home

“Did you hear that?” Eliza asked warily, brandishing a skillet she’d commandeered as an impromptu weapon. Deliah just kept pressing on, ignoring her follower in her determination to find the secret exit from the scullery to the nearby canals. They’d travelled the length of the scullery to one of the many cellars and searched the back panel for a handle or switch. They’d kept at it until the screaming had ceased and then they’d fallen silent. After a time Deliah had shakily declared that they were in the wrong cellar and backtracked down the passage until they reached another identical cellar.

“This must be it.” Deliah said feverishly, as if their lives depended on her, which was fair, seeing as they probably did. Judging from the thundering of feet and the screams of torment or worse from the floors above things were getting worse by the minute. “He told me it was the third from the end, so I must have gone to the wrong end.”

“He? Wait, did Maraleus tell you about this exit?” Eliza said, an understanding of just how deeply in trouble they were in began to dawn on her.

Deliah apparently didn’t think Eliza deserved a response and made her way to the back of the cellar, brushing the large array of cobwebs out of her way. She reached the back wall and frowned, examining it like a prospector looking for gold. After a few moments she angrily kicked the panel and whirred around back to the passageway. She stopped in the entryway and stood stock still.

“Well? Did you figure out where it is?” Eliza asked urgently but quietly. So far the terrors above hadn’t made it down this far, but it was apparent that the screams had been spreading before they were silenec and she didn’t think they’d have long before they were once again on the run, only this time with no where to go. When Deliah didn’t respond Eliza tapped her on the shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m so sorry...” Deliah muttered weakly as her breathing increased rapidly, her skin was hot to the touch. The scullery maid turned to Eliza and gazed sightlessly out of eyes that were quickly clouding over. Gracing her left shoulder was a pair of countering crests of thin red dots, some fey bite mark. As Eliza watched her fellow slave began to run her hands all over her body as if trying to seduce herself with sensual massage. In a breathy whisper Deliah managed to say, “Run. Please... run!", then fell to the floor.

“Oh, god! Deliah!” Eliza cried breathlessly and stepped back just in time to avoid being decapitated by the curved black claw that descended from the ceiling towards her. “Whoa!”

“Aw. The prey escapes.” chittered a not-quite human voice from above. As Eliza quickly backpedaled into the cellar the creature lowered itself and its many limbs from the rafters and occupied the entire entry. It moved slowly but purposely forward. Eliza didn’t recognize the face or voice, but it was likely a former guard or servant like the other monsters outside. “Does the prey run? This one hopes the prey doesn’t run.”

Eliza gazed at the female torso with its unearthly grey skin and pale purple nipples on a pair of large and pendulous breasts. The torso rose to a slightly-too-long neck that ended in an inhuman mouth with inhuman mandibles and an octet of dimly pulsing eyes. Below that torso was the thorax and abdomen of a large black spider with thin grey lines swirling over its chitin. The creature moved on eight pointed legs and lazily held its two arms in front of it as if being purposefully menacing was overkill by this point. That train of thought was absolutely correct.

“Please, don’t hurt me.” Eliza said steadily, surprised again by her own calm, but unable to think of an escape from the death trap of a cellar into which she was boxed.

The spiderling cocked its head in a distinctly predatory manner, then advanced slowly by crawling casually up the wall, over the ceiling, and then down the far side as if to emphasize how well and truly Eliza was ensnared. “This one doesn’t hurt. This one eats.” It rasped in its thin wheeze.

There was a loud crunch from beyond the passageway and a horrible roaring that stole the spiderling’s attentions away for an instant, which was more than Eliza needed. Without missing a beat Eliza ran forward at full tilt and swung her legs out in front of her as she dove under the massive body of the chitinous horror, slammed the skillet hard into one of its legs, and skidded to the far end of the cellar. She let her feet catch hard on the small uneven seam between cellar and passage and used the stopping force to bring herself up to her feet.

Realizing that its prey had somehow escaped it the spiderling hissed and chattered in pain and confusion, then lunged forward with astonishing speed. Eliza nimbly hopped over Deliah’s body and realized with horror that her fellow maid was furiously ripping her clothing off with one hand and plunging between her legs in abandon with the other. Eliza nearly stumbled off her feet at this point, only blind luck allowing her to dodge a rapid scything of the dryder’s clawed hand. Whatever had made that bellowing a moment prior couldn’t be any more dangerous than her present situation, so she ran towards the only entrance to the scullery and furiously thought of ways to get away from her pursuer.

As she ran headlong down the long passage she knew the spider was gaining on her, but some small part of her brain had worked out the exact speed required to round the next corner and slam merely painfully into the far wall bfore turning instead of ramming it at full speed and breaking a leg or rib. Sadly for the beast in pursuit, it was simply to dumb and too massive to come to such a safe turn and crumpled into the wall howling in pain and indignation. Eliza ran on, aware that her pursuer was still in tow, but now hobbled and at a manageable pace.

She sprinted up the steps and burst through the kitchen doors to the dining room and that same part of her brain told her to drop, so she again kicked her own feet from under herself and slid under the shattered remains of the dining table just in time for Tinal’s meaty-but-injured fist to slam into the ground behind her. The spider hadn’t learned its lesson in its rage and tumbled straight into the daemon, the two of them tearing into each other and each rending the other with their claws. The scream of pain from whomever was mounted on Tinal made Eliza’s blood run cold, but she knew she had to keep moving if she was to escape the same fate as her former fellow slaves.

The end of the dining hall was open and damaged, likely from Tinal’s entrance moments prior, but it was the only door open and she didn’t seem to be able to stop running. She figured, in her scared and rational mind, that she was in shock and was just one of those lucky enough to have a great flight response.

“runstudytothestudysafetyrunsafety” a voice flooded softly into her head as she rounded the corner and nearly lost her balance on the carpet. She kept to the softer carpet to muffle her footfalls and made a steady pace to the study. The smart part of her mind that was keeping her alive knew it was likely a trap, but at least the study would provide a place to catch her breath and a window to leap from to make a quick exit.

She checked her speed as she rounded on the study door and took a deep, staggering breath. Her lungs felt like fire and she was drenched in sweat from her exertions, but she was alive and she’d never asked for more than that. She heard Tinal’s triumphant roar and the spiderling’s death rattle, then the big red daemon’s thundering steps moving in her direction.

“studyintodoorclosesafetyrunrunrunhidedresserstudyhide” the voice ran without orientation through her mind as she opened the door and quietly closed it behind her. She didn’t try to bar the door, but instead hopped across the carpet and crouched below the windowsill. To low to see from outside but ready to leap up and out the glass if Tinal got curious. When the heavy footfalls and a bellow of rage subsided around the corner Eliza allowed herself a sigh of relief and tried her best to silently bar the door.

After a minute of tense exertions she had a thick chair and a heavy cabinet leaned against the only entry to the room, then slipped quietly to the large wooden desk and sat behind its comforting bulk. She leaned her head against the supple mahogany and then noticed a subtle blue glow coming from under doorway. She held her breath as an apparition wafted through the solid oak.

“Sofita?” Eliza breathed incredulously as a translucent and naked version of her former contemporary slid effortlessly through the air in her direction, a pleased grin adorning her features. Unlike the other changed women Eliza had seen Sofita didn’t seem to have anything of her modest proportions changed. Rather than a daemonic sexpot like the others it seemed that Sofita was a nymph or muse come to lend aid and hope to those in need.

A trap, basically, said Eliza’s survival instincts.

“cutiesexytastycutiegoodcutie” the wisp giggled as it drew closer.

“Stay back.” Eliza demanded, which to her surprise gave the nymph pause.

The nymph drifted to a halt just out of arm’s reach from Eliza and pouted at her. “don’tdislikeloveplaymelovedislikekiss”

“No. Leave me alone.” Eliza said forcefully, then lashed out to try and shove the ethereal being. This worked about as well as kicking a cloud, and she fell forward through it, a warm shudder and a vibration on her skin the only telltale of her passage through another being. She hit the floor roughly and rolled over only to find the nymph sitting weightlessly on her stomach. She hoisted herself up onto her elbows and scowled. “Get off me!”

“lovelustsexkissfucklovetouch” the nymph smiled warmly and leaned in towards Eliza.

Before she could respond the nymph pressed forward and touched her ethereal lips to Eliza’s flesh. Eliza tried to shake her head and turn away, but the chilly-warmth of the glowing blue lips was like being electrocuted with pleasure. Her lips tingled as if struck by tiny lighting and she realized her hair was starting to stand up. Before she could break the ethereal embrace the nymph lightly ran a finger over her chest, through her clothing and right into her skin. As it reached a nipple Eliza let out soft whimper, her lips quivering at the phantom sensations.

Emboldened by Eliza’s response, Sofita leaned in and pressed her immaterial form forward into an inescapable lover’s embrace. Being without physical form the nymph used only the lightest of caresses to tease out ever more enthusiastic responses from Eliza, her subtle graces jolting and exciting tender flesh without reprieve. As every hair on Eliza’s exhausted body rose in a combination of charges, electric and sexual, the nymph began to glow brighter and brighter until it was hard to look past its translucent outline.

“Stop!” Eliza murmured through numb lips, only to be interrupted by a sliver of shimmering sapphire sliding through her open mouth and entwining her tongue. The constant little shocks from Sofita’s gentle mouth keeping her from being able to hold her tongue still and forcing a teasing imitation of a passionate kiss. The only resistance Eliza could managed was to push away from the desk and try to gain her feet to make an escape. She rolled over and rose to her knees, passing through the ethereal Sofita, but failed to consider that the increasing brightness may have heralded an equal increase in the nymph’s other abilities.

Eliza gasped and moaned as an electricity coursed through her body in all directions, internal and external, wherever it was enveloped inside of Sofita. Bolting forward in shock, and wincing at the sensation of almost-but-not-quite pain, Eliza threw herself towards the doorway and slammed bodily into the cabinet she’d left to bar the door. She rebalanced herself and took a ragged breath, scarcely realizing how aroused she was in her haste to escape, and tried weakly to push the heavy chair away from the door to allow egress.

Sofita, like a cat toying with a mouse, floated silently over with a lustful smile on her translucent face. Unnoticed for the moment by her new toy the nymph slid into the floor and vanished. Eliza, realizing she couldn’t move the heavy chair quick enough to escape, turned around to ward off the apparition. When she realized she was alone she let out a long sigh, but kept her guard up.

After a few seconds of her heart hammering in her chest Eliza relaxed and allowed herself to lean backwards onto the chair’s armrest and considered her options. It was then that one of the bookshelves on the far wall exploded open and spewed a disheveled Lord Kelbris onto the floor. An errant piece of debris slammed into the side of Eliza’s head and she fell to the floor, her vision reeling as it dimmed. Before she passed out completely Eliza watched with dulled horror as Tinal shoved his way inside the room with the priest following in step, still calmly striding onward through the death and destruction.

A little blue camera, 1010, 4th of Vision, Year 205, Lord Kelbris’ Home

As the User strode impatiently through the complex in search of the target the little blue camera stood sullenly atop the mono-pod. Here and there employees of the target ran from combat-edits, more than half of them already fallen to or falling for the edits. Through all the screaming, cursing, and moaning the little blue camera kept a lens out for the target, and was finally rewarded with a chance to redeem itself when one of the original combat-edits notified it of the target’s location.

The little blue camera eagerly notified the User to the target’s presence and dispatched the nearest edit to subdue them through any means necessary. Within seconds the User was striding purposefully through a breach in the wall to a large and ornate study. The User, with it’s single mindedness, kept walking straight towards the target and only deviated to avoid touching the glistening skin of the red combat-edit. Either blood and viscera or something easier to extract, it would not be fitting to have it on the robes of a User.

As the User came to a stop just in front of the target the little blue camera made a quick check of the room to ensure there were no hidden surprises, and arranged to have the spectral combat edit patrol the area around to make sure there was no trouble. In its broad sweep it noticed a corpse laying on the floor beside an oddly arranged set of furniture that was blocking the door, but other than that there was nothing remarkable or dangerous to interfere with the User. Just to be careful, the little blue camera checked for human brain activity in the body, and promptly ignored it completely when it detected none.

The target was skidding backwards on the floor on its hands and knees, head cast down as if to avoid looking at the User. The User, finally in good spirits now that it could finish its botched job, slammed the mono-pod down hard on the floor, and once again began reciting End User License Agreement passages to the target. The large, red combat-edit lumbered into place behind the shaking man and let out a low growl. Pausing when interrupted by the cowering target, the User let out a harsh bellow, his commanding tone making the target shudder to silence in an instant, then continued his prepared speech.

When the time was right the User pulled out the book from his side and opened it easily to a well-worn page, then read a series of programing instructions that the little blue camera quickly compiled into a specific edit to make on the target. It prepared the edit, and readied itself to be lofted high and dramatically leveled into the face of the target; The little blue camera had been trained to keep level when swung about so it just relaxed and waited. There was a tug. Then another. It looked down.

The little blue camera was wedged between two floor boards and the User was tugging furiously at the mono-pod. After a tense and hostile moment the User looked up and glowered hatred and disappointment into the apologetic lens. The User said some rather unofficial words, then stormed out the gap and started kicking furniture around. The little blue camera, panicked and certain it was somehow responsible for this mishap, ordered the combat-edit to hold the target down, then tried to figure out how to unstick itself.

Eliza Faerin, 1012, 4th of Vision, Year 205, Lord Kelbris’ Home

“Oooooh...” Eliza grimaced as she pushed herself up. Her head was aching, and she wasn’t entirely sure what had happened. It felt like she’d been asleep for days, but the light coming in the windows made her think it was merely minutes. The survival oriented parts of her brain reminded her that something had just burst into the room, and nudged her head upwards to get a good look around the room. Her breath, already ragged, caught in her throat when she saw first the Eye staring down at her, and then the hulking form of Tinal holding an immobilized and possibly unconscious Kelbris to the floor.

The Eye wasn’t looking at her, she realized after a moment, but down at floor where its shaft was embedded. The priest was nowhere to be seen, and Tinal seemed otherwise occupied, so Eliza risked an attempt to regain her footing. A low growl was emitted from the hulking red giant, but other than a single glance of hatred it didn’t seem inclined to move from its perch on her former master. Without thinking she took a step towards the Eye, and suppressed a shiver when its unflinching gaze snapped instantly to meet her own less steady one. There was something alien in that Eye, something so remote and uncaring that it almost hurt Eliza’s mind to look for too long, but the longer she looked the more she felt like she was on the verge of remembering... something. Something elusive.

The survival parts of her brain interrupted her attempts at self-discovery when the sound of the priest’s heavy footsteps thudded into the room. “In the name of the Eye, stop right there!” he yelled hoarsely, a blind rage on his face. “Submit to my will!”

Not wasting an instant Eliza grasped the shaft of the staff and wrenched it downward then violently towards the priest, snapping it free of the floor and cracking viciously into his nose in one fell swoop. As the old man recoiled and took a breath, presumably to order Tinal to save him, Eliza brought the Eye up in a long arc then thundered it down with all her might onto the priest’s unprotected head. he crumpled soundlessly into a heap, his robes fluttering down around him giving the impression it was just a heap of dirty laundry on the floor.

Eliza quickly whirled around and levelled the staff at Tinal, but after a few tense moments she felt confident he wasn’t going to do more than glower at her and she started edging towards the breach in the room. Only after she was out of sight and almost into the hallway did Eliza turn and run, the surprisingly light staff held out in front of her like a spear, ready to strike at anything that got into her way. She made her way down the main staircase and slowly edged herself towards the front door, only risking darting into the open when she was sure all the monsters were inside.

There were very few remaining screams as she entered the guard house near the gate and stole some off-duty clothing, some food, and anything else she thought she’d need. There was no way she was coming back to this place. A map on the wall showed a bright red castle where the estate was, connected by a thick line to a larger castle with an exaggerated tower in place of a keep. She quickly fished a compass out of a nearby drawer and oriented herself, then took off out the front gate and followed the long road through the woods towards freedom, destiny, and unbeknownst to her, straight into the watching lenses of a conspiracy that permeated all of Armdale.

A little blue camera, 1100, 4th of Vision, Year 205, The King’s Road

The little blue camera watched with cold horror as it was taken further and further from its now deceased User. Camera’s weren’t supposed to abandon their Users until their task was completed and they’d returned successfully to the office for debrief. Now it’s User was dead. That hadn’t happened before. The only cases of a User coming to harm were in cases where the camera had somehow been disabled or destroyed beforehand. The little blue camera shuddered as it remember its briefing on the camera killer currently stalking the capital of Armdale, how it could somehow destroy the camera and disable their edits, then it would simply stab the User several times with a knife. No one knew who or what was doing this unthinkable act, but it had only happened twice so far, and it was thought to have been an accident or aberration of the cameras that had caused it.

Now the little blue camera had been the literal instrument of its User’s downfall. It looked down at the woman carrying the mono-pod down the road, and pondered deeply over how to proceed. It could call for a recall team to come and get it, but that would likely result in the little blue camera being processed for scrap for its failures. It could turn her into an edit and runaway, spending the rest of its existence in a cave taking pictures of interesting fungi and mosses. Or...

Or she could be the new User! What good is a camera without a User, after all? There was something unusual about this woman that intrigued the little blue camera and it was loathe to let that mystery go unresolved. The woman staunchly refused to show human brain activity or else had something blocking her mind from the little blue camera, and she refused to receive any data that it tried to send to her, which alone was enough to give pause. The little blue camera tried to gain the woman’s attention, but it was being staunchly ignored in favour of silent and contemplative trudging.

The little blue camera decided it liked this woman, and it would try to serve her as its User better than it had the last. With any luck the little blue camera could mold the strange young woman into an effective tool towards the grand plan and gain back the favour of its employers. Only time would tell.

COMBAT EDITS: