The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: A Master Key

Part 5

Fuck it.

I was out the door in two minutes. My truck rumbled towards Alicia’s house in three. There was nothing new to see on the highway, the streets, the sky. People went about their business. The Kalarians were fucking random women. Large crowds of older people gathered at city centers and places of worship while one of those small angular ships sat parked in the area next to them. In the case of city hall I caught a glimpse of several. Aliens giving their damn genetic profiles to people (doing math) born in the year 1980.

It took almost twenty minutes to get to Alicia’s house.

The door lay cracked open. Not good. I walked up the steps, and peeked in. The living room was a mess, toppled tables and family photos smashed on the ground. It was getting even worse. I closed the door behind me my eyes adjusting to the light as I scanned the room. There was a peeling blue film slathered against the walls, and specks of crusty burgundy. Fuck. HOLY Fucking fuck. I knew human blood when I saw it.

It wasn’t just a question now of whether Graham had been reprocessed or not. It was a question whether he was alive. It was a question of what the hell happened to Alicia. Adrenaline pumping. Fuck. Holy fuck.

I could feel my heart sinking. I’d spent a lot of time at this house, and it hadn’t just been hanging out with Alicia. These were people that I knew and, dare I admit, cared something about. (Yeah I know way to go with Emily, suck my balls.) This was more than just me fucking around. This was a new level of shit. A flush of emotions hit me that I wasn’t used to feeling. Graham...Alicia...What the hell did I get you guys into?

I collapsed onto the nearest chair, my head falling into my hands. Goddamnit Graham, why couldn’t you just let your daughter fuck a fucking alien? It would have been a one and done. Never get in a fight you can’t win. Now I was in a shittier mess, two people gone and me having to figure out what I was going to do. Why the fuck did you have to be a stupid loving father? Why couldn’t you just...“FUCK!” I screamed to no one in particular.

“Rick?”

What? That was a voice, definitely female, definitely familiar.

I pulled my head up from my hands, watching as Alicia ambled up to me in all of her naked glory, that dumb smile still resting on her face.She was still fucking here. She was alive. She was okay.

“Some of those Kalarians type came over and I sucked their cocks and they loved it!”

She still was acting like a retarded sex crazed child. Well I guess that made sense, primary objective and all of that shit. I slumped back in my chair staring at her for a moment, trying to take in this turn of events.

“What?” she asked completely ignorant of the mess around her, head looking herself over, " Is something wrong with my body? K’’hunt’’er said he loved my small breasts.”

I pulled a cigarette out and lit up, trying to ignore the throbbing head ache and skin crawling that reverberated across my body. I was supposed to be feeling relief now, but that sense wasn’t coming.

“You want to have sex Rick?” She asked, her hands already kneeding at my crotch.

I pushed her back, seriously not in the mood, unreal “Do you know where Graham is Alicia?”

“Who?”

“Your father, kind of short, wears glasses, dark hair peppered with gray?”

“Oh...old guy” she said “The Kalarians took him.” She said it like it was nothing. When I stared back at her in disbelief she just stood there blinking at me. She was completely unphased that her father had been taken. Or at least the “she” that I had told her to be. This wasn’t going to work for me.

“Alicia.”

“Yes Rick?” she said kneeling at my feet, eyes staring up at me in adulation

This was going to suck. I mean I’d just fucked her mother somewhere along the line and turned her into a baby sex slave. There was no way she was going to be happy about it. I was strung out and tired though so I let it go. “I need you back to your normal self.”

The facial shift was almost instantaneous, and it was kind of scary to see. Confusion ran across her face. She stood up suddenly, fear sneaking into her eyes as she took in the room around her, the blood, the wreckage of the living room. She turned to me and back, a new seen uncertainty whipped across her face. Her eyes dashed back and forth in her head. She stood in front of me, naked, tears forming in her eyes, mouth gaping, her face contorting, completely silent.

Everything that Ricardo Castillo does is good. And I realized why. The conflict in her face was so evident because she wanted to feel something that the program didn’t want her to feel. Well I didn’t come here for a loving get together,” Alicia whatever you’re feeling it’s fine, act on it.” Even if it was to try and kick my ass.

This did not happen. She dropped to the ground, hands rising towards her eyes, her breath choked. “Holy fuck!” she gasped, voice cracking. For the record that was the first time I’d ever heard Alicia swear in my life.

I grabbed a blanket and threw it over her, taking a seat next to her on the ground, running an arm over her shoulder. It seemed like one of those moments.

“Dad,” she whispered, her head turned away from me towards the ground. “They took him. They took him and I did nothing.”

This was kind of weird for me. I’d told you before that Alicia was always the calm and composed one. I was generally the one bitching. I was generally the one with the problem. Alicia naked, her body shaking, fear in her eyes; I found the situation kind of unsettling. The heavy feeling in my chest didn’t help at all either.

“I’m sorry,” I said, managing the corny cliched response that makes no sense given most circumstances.

She just knelt there for a couple minutes, her head turned towards the ground. I just sat there next to her, the arm feeling kind of weird wrapped around her shoulder like that.

“Why did you want me to be a stupid sex crazed ditz Rick?” she finally asked.

I turned to her, not sure what to say. That was a tough question to answer, something that gave me pause, something that would require me to admit feeling an emotion I wasn’t entirely ready to come to grips with. “I don’t think some times?” I managed with a shrug.

I watched the back of her head nod. She had to be disgusted by me. I could understand that. But so fucking what? “Do you care at all about this?” She finally said.

“That’s not the issue Alicia. The question is what can I do about it?”

“Not fucking my mother is a good start.” (Second time I’d heard her swear.)

I deserved that, simmering, “Keep going.”

There’s was a long pause. She slowly shook her head. “That’s all I got. Too much has just gone on and pointing the finger won’t do any good.”

Bullshit. I wasn’t feeling those “holier than thou” airs that she sometimes put on. “I just had a drug addled orgy with seven women. I turned you into a sex crazed idiot who did nothing while her father was taken away. You even had sex with the aliens who did it. And you’re telling me that’s all you got?”

“Why do you do that?” Her voice was hoarse, her head still turned away from me.

“What?”

She didn’t say anything.

“Alicia what?”

Still silence, her head still turned away from me.

“Alicia what the fuck is your problem!” I yelled twisting her to face me. What I saw startled me, killing everything I had intended to say to her in an instant.

She had tears in her eyes, bright, shiny and raw. “Make a wound and just keep twisting the knife, hoping that the person fights back so that you can blame it on them” she croaked.

I shut up. I could only stare at her. This was a side I’d never seen of her before. This was a side that I never knew was even there. Then again I can’t say an alien invasion leading to the apprehension of her father sat on the list of everyday experiences. To be frank for all of her guidance counseler type honesty I sometimes wondered if she even knew what mental suffering was. Calm and composed. She was always so damn calm and composed. I’d never seen her cry. I’d never seen her come anywhere close to it.

“I’m going to go upstairs and get dressed. If you want me to have sex with you or suck your cock or be a cheery ray of sunshine you know I can’t stop you.” There was defeat in her voice. She stood up from the ground, letting the blanket slip down off of her sagged shoulders, ignoring it. She ignored the area around her, her head turned down towards the ground and nothing else. Slow steps carried to her to the stairs.

“What about your father?” I called after her.

She didn’t even bother to respond.

My eyes stared long at that empty space. I thought I’d just seen a stranger. All of the energy seemed drained from her. To borrow an often used paraphrase it seemed like a light had been turned off in her, a spirit shattered and all of that shit.

Of everything that I had seen and done since the Kalarians came that was the most disconcerting to me. I was an asshole. I really was an asshole. I mean I’d called myself an asshole before, but I never really meant it. It was more of a joke or a badge of pride. I always thought people should know better. It wasn’t like I ever deceived them. In this case though it was something else. In this case I actually felt like it.

And then a thought hit me. I just laid out everything bad that I did to her. I just laid out all of the reasons that she should hate me. Why would something like that be like twisting a knife in an open wound unless...

I wondered if it was the drugs. I hoped it was the drugs because I was about to put myself into territory that was completely foreign to me and yes a little scary.

I was up the stairs. I was in her room. She was turning to me, white boring bra and plain jane panties, a horrible look of worn apathy sitting on her face. “Is it time already?” Her fingers reached for her bra strap.

No it wasn’t. “Sit down Alicia.”

She sat down on the bed. I took a seat next to her, close.

The room was quiet. I could hear cars passing by outside, people talking. I had to imagine that no one in this fucking world was near as depressed as the two of us were. They had their purpose: serve the Kalarian empire. It was just a matter of waiting until they found out how that was. And in the meantime everything else was hunky dorey. But I dodged the bullet somehow, and shit got complicated as a consequence. (Yes I know, Master Key. You think there was enough information for me to put that two and two together? And even if there was what the hell does being a “Master Key” mean?) The fact of the matter was I couldn’t simplify. There was no Occam’s Razor for this bullshit. There were just way too many unknowns. But what I did know sat next to me. At least what I thought I knew.

“What do you want me to do Alicia?” I said after a long while.

“I don’t know,” she whispered, “And that’s the worst part.”

“Your father is probably fucked.”

“I know.”

“And we only got eight days until they probably find us.”

“I know.”

“If I tell you I love you will you believe it?” Buddha that was way easier than I thought it would be.

She shrugged, just staring at the wall in front of her,“Does it matter?”

Damn she was feeling low. Either that or she didn’t believe me. Was I really going to have to be the ray of sunshine? Goddamn my warming heart. All the warning signs were there. The lust for non-sexual physical contact, a light quaking in my body, a stupid fluttering in my fucking chest. I should be running. But what was the point? I knew her too well. And these last couple days it had only gotten worse. Why the hell not? I’d done the drug addled God of lust and destruction. Why not give the nice guy a shot? I mean there really was nothing to lose.

My arm wrapped around her not awkwardly. I pulled her down onto the bed. She didn’t resist me at all. Our heads staring up at the ceiling. I put on the most solemn voice I could muster. “I’m sorry for not being here for your father. I’m sorry for fucking your mother. I’m sorry for turning you into a sex crazed ditz. I’m sorry for being an asshole.”

I could feel her slow breath next to me, but she wasn’t saying anything.

I kept going. I mean, fuck, this shit didn’t matter. Nothing mattered. I just knew that Alicia was feeling like shit and that bothered me. And I guess that was enough. Muhammed that sounds so corny as I write it. “I don’t know how I can fix this. But I know that I care about you, and there isn’t a whole lot that I care about otherwise.”

Silence. I looked over and she was still just staring up at the ceiling. She had glistening tears, but a blank face otherwise. Maybe I did something for her. Honestly I didn’t know. I wasn’t sure what else I could do though. I decided not to push it. I just lay there, staring up at the ceiling next to her. The room was quiet. I could hear cars passing by outside, people talking, the dull roar of the Kalarian ships passing overhead. Alicia and me lay next to each other doing absolutely nothing.

“Just leave me alone Rick,” spoken like a barely audible whisper, “Please.”

I stared at her for a long moment. Her head didn’t move, still staring up at the ceiling, slow breathing. I wanted to say something, a phrase, some truth or sentimental piece of shit that would get her to do something. Yeah I could command her to, tell her to be a “cheery ray of sunshine,” but it wouldn’t be the same. When it really matters; when you really want something it’s not yours if you don’t have to work for it. I had nothing.

So after that long moment I got up and left.

This is that deep thoughtful time, that turning point I guess.

It’s a strange thing to have a moment in your life happen that forces you to reflect, especially when you’ve spent so much of your life trying not to, at least about the kinds of things that I was going through right now.

I stared at the shattered frames, and the toppled furniture, the blue blood stain on the wall reminding me of just how alien all of this was. I thought about Alicia. I thought about Graham. I could feel that emotion sneaking up on me again. Fear.

For at least the last six years I was the guy who never gave a shit; “girlfriends,” vandalism, bar fights, it didn’t really matter. There was a thrill, an excitement to it, even a pain the following morning, but that only added more to a visceral sense that what I did the previous night was real. At the end of the day I would just pick up my things and proceed into the next one like the previous day had never happened. My apathy had been my strength. I didn’t care. And because I didn’t care nothing could hurt me. Girls thought I was smart and exciting and hooked up with me at their own risk. Whether I dumped them or they dumped me, or if it didn’t make it that far it didn’t matter. I tacitly avoided the kind of crap that I felt bogged so many people down. I was even smart enough to know that I was doing it and I thought that made me brilliant. A self aware shit bag who wanted to keep things simple, and it was.

And then there was Alicia. Around her I was someone else, well sometimes, the times that mattered. I was there for her when she needed it. I was fucking amazingly good at making her laugh. I talked about shit with her that I never talked about anyone with. And whether it was simple bitching or me being an outright asshole she never judged. She listened, gave her input I’d shut her down, but sometimes listen. She’d make me think about things, serious things. I’d never admit it though. She could even party. I thought about fucking her more times than I care to admit. Random god figure knows I tried. But that was the one line she’d never cross with me. I’d press and she’d be dismissive, pour on a little smart ass, and somehow we stayed friends. Or maybe that was why we stayed friends. That was why I got to know her in a way that I never let myself do with girls.

Somebody is in love and for the first time in my life I wasn’t repulsed by that thought.

And I’d fucked that all up because of my sometimes loose morals. I fucked that all up because I was afraid to admit that I was afraid. I was afraid to admit that I was in love, yes love. It’s corny, I know, fuck you. My position, these fucking aliens pushing me out of my goddamn comfort zone. And suddenly I was thinking about things that I hadn’t before, that I hadn’t needed to before. A world without consequences my ass.

But none of that mattered now. The question was what was I going to do next? What could I do?

I sat on the Porter’s back patio, smoking a cigarette, thinking about that mess that sat inside, watching as another one of those small angular ships passed by overhead. I thought about Graham, probably being reprocessed as I sat on my ass. I thought about Alicia. I thought about the Kalarians and those laser rifles and the notion that an entire world rested hard against me. There was more of them and they better equipped, leaps and bounds better equipped. I was nothing. I was nobody. What the hell could I do? The whole reason that they weren’t trying to stop me now was simply because they didn’t know that I was here. And even if they did would they care? Why the fuck wasn’t I affected by their little mind fuck? Did I just somehow slip through the cracks? Were there others like me?

Mental fucking masturbation. I didn’t even get the benefit of shooting my load off. So what? So fucking what? Get the fuck over yourself.

I was a nobody. I was a nobody and nothing fucking mattered. Nothing fucking mattered. Nothing...fucking-

I realized something. I was a wantonly self destructive piece of shit. And if nothing mattered...well then Occam’s Razor could cut two ways. The conclusion was bullshit. But I wanted to do it, so it didn’t matter. I sat there thinking. I followed the line of thought. I needed to do something and the consequences didn’t matter. And I suddenly had an idea. It was stupid, crazy even, suicidal. Bullshit odds like C-3PO’s cry to Han Solo when he opted to go into that asteroid field. But I thought about Alicia. I thought about my life, simple, erratic, fun as all hell, but...fuck you want my epiphany? Figure it out for yourself.

My cellphone slipped out of my pocket, contact number, ringing...and ringing...and ringing. Fucking A.

“Hello?” finally, female voice, tired, slightly slurred speech.

“Emily?” I said.

“Alyse.”

“Right, could you get Emily on the line?”

There was some rustling going on in the background. A few moments passed as I waited.

“You want me to come over and have sex with you Rick?”

Weird. I ignored it. “No Emily I need you brains back. There’s something we gotta do.”

“What do you need?” The sudden tonal shift was crazy.

I had a plan. well I had half of a plan and a lot of improvisation. But it could work, probably wouldn’t, but I didn’t care.

By the Way if Mr. Borsch, my Theology teacher in 5th grade had told me that a possible side effect of drug use was deep reflection leading to suicidal acts of heroism I don’t think I ever would have started with any of that shit.