The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Mystania: Crimson Tempest

By Thantos69

Chapter 14

Internal Conflicts

Cynthia had enough presence of mind to realize that field work was going to be awkward and trying to get the students to a safe haven away from the school was out of the question, at least for her. What had seemed natural and no big deal on Mystania was a large problem on Earth. The alarm that seeing a naked green woman wandering around would be a factor in dealing with citizens that hadn’t yet realized that the city had just undergone a vampiric martial law.

Emphasis on naked, although she had tried. Her body was rejecting her uniform, making it feel unnatural and itchy. When she picked it up to try it on, she felt like it hadn’t been laundered in months and spent a majority of the time outdoors, so rather than a slightly rumpled day old clothing, it seemed like a revolting smelly pile of debris. She had remembered a time as a nymph where she had to hide her smoking hot body in a disguise. That had been bad enough, although it had hung about her pretty loose whereas her uniform would hug her body tightly. Maybe should could experiment with a toga when she got back to the base. Still, it wasn’t a total wash; she had managed to slip the belt off her pants and strapped that around her waist, so she could at least carry her gun and radio. It wasn’t ideal, but she could stomach the fact that it made her look sexy in a Lara Croft sort of way.

After her lover regained consciousness from the marathon of orgasms, Cynthia had the girl drive her back to their headquarters. Cynthia stayed in the back of the van to keep outsiders from noticing too much. She passed the time masturbating, which proved to be a mistake since her partner had to stop and park at a convenient store, and literally crawled back to slip her face between Cynthia’s thighs. One hour and ten orgasms shared later, the van recklessly pulled in front of Charlie’s house.

The woman, whom Cynthia still hadn’t gotten a name for, staggered out bow legged, sweaty, and so exhausted that she barely made it to the front door. Cynthia, on the other hand, leapt out energetically and easily passed the poor girl, not a bead of perspiration or out of place hair on her.

For an organization that was designed to hunt down supernatural creatures and dispose of them as they saw fit, the Twilight Shadow was slow on the uptake when Cynthia came waltzing in. Dozens of pairs of eyes became glued to the wide swaying hips advertising anything and everything that their deepest perversions could come up with. Like an audience doing the wave during a football game, there was a sudden spring of erections, hardened nipples, and dripping pussies in her wake. That was caused from body language alone, the thrust of a hip, the jiggle of a breast, the flash of a thigh, the up-turning of her chin, and the occasional lazy smoldering of her eyes. Every small movement or glance that she did seemed to advertise the hottest, raunchiest, out-of-this-world sex regardless of how innocent it seemed. Unfortunately, that was just her movements, those that she brushed close enough by got a whiff of her everlasting arousal, which had been simmering away for the year that her inner nymph had been locked up. Two guys came in their pants and one girl passed out from the raw heat radiating between Cynthia’s thighs drifting up in the enclosed airway of the room. No one had the presence of mind to stop her or take her into custody, much less attack her.

Charlie had come back only moments before from his mission in the hospital. He was organizing another plan of attack when Cynthia strolled in. Charlie gave her a lecherous grin.

“I can’t seem to put my finger on it honey tits, but something about you seems different. Did you do something with your hair?”

“Smart ass.” Cynthia scowled for a second, before her eyelids became droopy and her gaze turned seductive. “Do you like what you see, slime bag?”

“That depends on how I want to look at it.” Charlie grimaced.

“Not sure huh, perhaps...” Cynthia came closer, nearly pressing up against him, and lifted a leg to straddle his thigh. “Perhaps you would care for a small sample to make up your mind?”

Before Charlie could answer, Cynthia’s attention was caught by a stifled choking sound. She glanced in the direction of it and saw Eve, whom Charlie had been talking with before the interruption. The girl was slightly red and clenching her fists.

“Oh,” Cynthia disengaged from Charlie and turned toward Eve. “Oh my, you seem jealous.” She stepped closer. “Sweetie, you have nothing to be jealous about. You’ve got the goods.”

Eve stepped back in alarm, but was caught. She gasped as the nymph rubbed up against her, their faces only inches apart. Eve’s breathing became erratic when she realized the somehow during the move, Cynthia’s hands had come up and were now massaging her breasts. Eve’s nipples burned with delight at the soft tweaking from this woman’s hands.

“Mmmm, certainly nothing wrong with these. Any guy would love to trade places with me.” Cynthia whispered into the girl’s ear, gently biting the lobe and occasionally running the tip of her tongue against it. “I don’t know why I didn’t try out girls before, I’ve been missing out on half the fun.” She giggled. “Are you nearly as horny as I am Eve? I would love to help out!”

“As fun as watching this is, sugar twat.” Charlie grunted. “We have more important things to discuss.”

“Ask Evie here what she thinks is more important.” Cynthia giggled. Eve let out a small cry as a hand slid almost magically down the front of her pants. Without even thinking about it her pelvis hunched against the invader, soaking the fingers with her juices.

“Cynthia, report!” Charlie barked.

The change was immediate, her hand popped out of Eve’s pants, dripping sex sauce in the process. It was quickly clenched in a fist as she turned to glare at Charlie.

“Don’t you yell at me weasel dick.” She snapped.

“Ah, back to normal are we?”

Cynthia was taken aback for a moment and continued her glare. “I’m not sure what normal is anymore. The schools been secured as far as I know. Things have been...distracting.”

“I can imagine.” Charlie smirked.

“Pervert.”

“In the current situation, that’s like the pot calling the kettle black.”

“No, I’m a nymph, there’s a big difference.”

“Such as?”

“I’m not nearly as pathetic.”

“Is that a fact, would you care to explain why you are a nymph?”

“I don’t know. Vlad had turned me into one when Sam and I went to Mystania the previous year, but that spell was drained out and we became normal. All I can tell you is that one of those magical vampires tried to kill me with a spell and suddenly I’m like this again.”

“I see, a pity. You’ve become practically useless.”

Cynthia shot out a hand and gripped him by the throat, lifting him an inch above the ground. “What did you just say, shithead!”

As calmly as he could regarding his situation, Charlie spoke. “You think you can go out in public like that, here? You may have your skills still Cynthia, but your focus is not all there anymore. Worse, you are a distraction to those less trained than you.”

Cynthia glanced around and saw it was true. No one had reacted to her attack on Charlie; instead they had formed a circle around the pair and were too busy ogling her buns and titties while drooling to notice it. Perhaps the only two reasons why she wasn’t being violently raped at that moment was that it was damn near impossible to rape a nymph and no one in the group had enough blood in their brains to think about trying. She set Charlie down.

“Its going to be difficult as it is to organize the group when everyone’s attention is bent toward fucking you.”

Cynthia pouted, causing a few of her voyeurs to grunt with need by how sexy it was.

“Nymphs on Earth are rare, and have become shy around humans. “I’ve only seen perhaps two dryads in my lifetime hidden in forest preserves. So people around here have not built up any resistance to a nymph’s charm.”

“So much the better.” Cynthia husked, her eyelid’s drooping, her fingers slid down her skin heading for the junction between her thighs.

“Cynthia!”

“What!” Cynthia snapped irritated, her self exploration halted. “Oh damn, I did it again.”

Charlie shook his head.

“Why the hell am I so horny? I can’t remember it being this bad on Mystania. Granted, there weren’t this many yummy cocks so close together in one room for me to reach...out...and...plaaay. Mmmmm!”

“Please stop masturbating Cynthia, you’re going to cause brain aneurysms.”

“Dammit!” Cynthia pulled her fingers away from her sex and sucked her juices from them. “This sucks. I’m having trouble reigning in my nature. I need some kind of action to keep me occupied. But what I really need is some dick. Where’s Sam?”

“I’m not sure, according to the last report, he was being chased by that monstrosity that Holly mentioned toward their base of operations.”

“What!” Cynthia screamed, a bucket of ice water poured over her overpowering libido. “Did you send backup?”

“No, should I have?”

“You...you idiot!” Cynthia turned and ran, pushing through the stunned crowd and for the front door.

“Hmmm.” Charlie sighed, just before a pair of feminine hands slipped over his shoulders and across his chest, a pair of breasts pressed against his back.

“Did you have to say that to her?” Eve whispered, kissing his neck.

“She needed the motivation to let her adrenaline dilute her pheromones.” Charlie shrugged.

“Oh.” Eve said. “By the way, I need you to fuck me.”

“Didn’t we have this discussion before?”

“Yeah, but that was me wanting to be fucked, this is me needing to be fucked. Now take me to a bedroom or I’ll rip your cock out of your pants and suck it in front of everybody here.”

Indeed, with the nymph gone, and people slowly getting their brains back, it was obvious that many were very close to acting on what their stimulated hormones were screaming. Having Cynthia around was definitely going to be a problem.

‘Granted,’ Charlie thought as Eve started to drag him toward the stairs. ‘There were perks to it.’

* * *

It was all about control. If you maintain an air of competence and confidence, then the others would follow you out of sheer bewilderment if nothing else. Leadership was all about walking a tightrope in the best of times, yet Holly was walking hers without a net, over a pool of sharks. There were plenty of molesters who resented her for snatching control when their general was slaughtered by the creature, but she had blindsided them so thoroughly with her command that they could not put up much protest.

So Holly was pissed, and unable to show it as a group of molesters made their report. She must not allow them to see the stress. That damn werewolf was practically dragging the monstrosity through every nest they had in the city. So once again it had become her problem. She had been hoping that the thing would kill Sam and eventually the rest of the pathetic human resistance, so that she could be rid of them without her geas interfering. Now though, she couldn’t afford to sit back and wait it out.

“Lead them here.” Holly said after a moment.

“Here? But mistress...”

“Bring them here.” Holly said again, a slow wicked smile crossed her face. “If we can’t deal with the problem, we will just have to ship it somewhere else.”

“You mean...?”

She nodded.

Her servant laughed. “It shall be done.”

* * *

Tina was in the kitchen, as it seemed she had nearly every waking hour since she had come to this sanctuary. She didn’t mind though, it kept her thoughts occupied and her hands busy. With over a hundred people constantly coming and going, along with a few refuges and new recruits, it was all she and her two slaves could do to maintain a supply of food.

As it was, this was the most deserted the kitchen had been in days, with only her and one of the female cops who had volunteered to do the dishes. It seems that there was some commotion out in the main hall. Despite being curious, Tina remained busy at her task of chopping carrots. She had already sent her pets up to bed. Tina smiled naughtily, sucking on her own lips as she imagined what the two of them were doing there, and looked forward to joining them. Her thighs rubbed together as this thought intruded. Funny, she hadn’t been nearly this randy since coming here, what with all of the people around. Yet wouldn’t she give for a nice hard...

“Ouch!” Tina yelped as the knife slipped into her thumb.

“You okay.” Her dishwasher turned to her.

“Too much woolgathering.” Tina sighed. “Oh jeez, I need a bandage.” She exclaimed, lifting her thumb up, bright red fluid leaked from the gash.

The cop froze when she saw the blood, staring at it intently, then began to move forward.

“That...that looks...” She stammered.

“Uh, are you okay.” Tina backed away.

The woman grabbed her wrist. “No! Don’t, you’ll drip on...on...the floor, wash the blo...blooo, wound, in the sink.”

“Okay, just a soon as you let go.”

“Let...go!” The woman began to shake, staring at the captive finger.

“Yeah, you’re squeezing me too hard.” Tina said, trying to pull away.

“Uh, uhhh!” The woman leaned in, nostrils flaring. “So red!”

“What?”

“Please, must, just a taste!”

“What are you talking about, stop it!”

The cop lunged, and took Tina’s finger into her mouth, her tongue sliding over the drops of blood. She shivered in ecstasy, just before her body began to convulse. She remembered, she remembered feeling this good before, the last time she tasted of blood, just before she was freed by Charlie’s actions back at the station. How could she have given this up? It was sweet ambrosia, warm and vital.

The dormant virus, shut off by the loss of her connection to her master, switched back on from the memory and taste of fresh blood. The connection flailed and searched, and located the father, the lord and god of her kind, and her virus completed the link. She felt her body become strong again.

Tina stood in a daze, her mouth open and drooling. The vampire’s aphrodisiac saliva in her wound took over her thoughts, made her docile. It was even more effective considering she had been fed on once before.

The cop grabbed the knife Tina had been using, and she slid the business end along the top of her breast. A pinkish fluid came out.

“If you think that feels good, then drink some of this.” The cop hissed, bringing Tina’s head to her wound.

Not thinking, only obeying, Tina’s tongue reached out and lapped at the top of the woman’s breasts. Her lips then quickly suckled on the flow. The vampire giggled as the girl’s body began to shake and convulse as she fed.

* * *

Hours had passed as the chase dragged on, and Sam had finally begun to see the limits of his body. He had never before noticed the lack of fatigue in his lupine form until the very moment when his muscles began to tire. If it weren’t for all of the distractions slowing Zack down, then the monster probably would have had him by now.

Zack seemed to be suffering from all kinds of dimensia. He was simultaneously obsessive and compulsive, locking on a target and trailing, stopping only to gobble the occasional obstacle in his path until he decided to pursue his target again. At several points, Zack had stopped and had a tantrum with his girl child puppet, screaming the word ‘hate’ over and over to the point it made Sam’s spine cringe. During those moments it would plow fists through walls, hurl objects at windows, step on cars, bend street lamps, and generally cause much damage to himself as well as city property.

Many times he would hit himself and tear at what could barely be called flesh. The amorphous thing that Zack had become had no fixed form, often discharging body parts and organs in a bilious spew before reforming into something else more or less grotesque. Sam only wished that he would choose to eject that annoying girl thing out of his face sometime soon, but he was losing hope of that.

“Doggie wanna play, wanna play, wanna play. Catch you, pet you, bite you, smite you, tee hee hee! Gonna get you good!” The too syrupy-sweet-to-be-human screech caused Sam to wince. It was almost as bad as...

“Caaaaaaiiiitliiiiiin!” The deformed split head bellowed.

Bingo.

Sam was in the police station. Correction, Sam was in what was left of the police station. At this point, he knew that he would have to try and lose the creature before his body failed him. He could think of no better place than the one he was intimately familiar with. Also, it came with a bonus of the distraction of vampires still within. Zack followed with enthusiasm. The monster was now larger than the building itself and was tearing it apart, playing peekaboo with each chamber he tore into. Zack was taking his time, allowing Sam to catch his breath.

He was about to head out the back exit when all of a sudden a red haze fell over him and he couldn’t move. Out of the shadows, a vampire emerged, tall with blonde hair black eyes.

“Enjoying yourself, leading your pet into our hives.” He hissed.

“I’ve had more enjoyable evenings.” Sam grunted.

The vampire gestured with his hand, finger pointing up. Sam flew up and his head broke through the plaster of the ceiling before getting yanked back down again. It hurt only for a few moments, but covered his face in dust that he couldn’t shake off.

“Show some respect to Cysrizl the Corrupt.” The vampire laughed.

“Cysrizl the Corrupt, where do you people get these things, the big book of cheesy fantasy titles?”

“Mocking my name now lupine? I can constrict the force holding you into a ball it that is your fancy.”

“So what’s stopping you.”

“My dear mistress Holly wishes to have a chat with you. I must oblige.”

“And if I refuse?”

“Then I simply toss you at the beast that is following you. Make your choice quick mortal, the thing does not have much building left to destroy before it gets here.”

“If I come with you, the beast will follow.”

“That is the point.” Cysrizl grinned.

“Alright, I’ll come.” Sam growled.

“Such a pity.” Cysrizl snapped his fingers and Sam dropped. The vampire headed for the exit. Sam was close behind him, and got out just in time as that part of the roof was torn off.

“Doggy! Doggy!” The child extension announced as she caught a quick glimpse of fur. “Gotta pet the doggy!” Zack tore through the building with greater enthusiasm.

* * *

“Oooh, oh god! Mistress!” Bethany moaned as Tina bit at her nipples, sending delightful shocks of pleasure and pain straight to her brain. The hand pushing down into her tight pants to slide across her womanly crease didn’t help her restraint. In moments Bethany was humping back at her Mistress’s caresses.

“You’re so forceful today.” She panted as the fingers nearly brought her to climax.

“Do you feel good my pet?” Tina asked, pulling her lips away from the nipple and sliding her tongue along her lover’s cleavage and up her neck.

“Any more and I’ll be squirting on your hand.”

“That’s what I want to hear. Do you want to feel REALLY good?”

“Oh yeeeeah!” Bethany sighed.

“Then get ready for the big ‘O.’” Tina then forced her finger on the girl’s clit at the same time as a pair of fangs sank into her neck.

Bethany stiffened; her body froze in a mix of stupor and a tremendous orgasm. She was on fire; her orgasm locked in perpetual stasis as her mistress sucked on her neck. It was very difficult to think. She just wanted to shut her mind down and feel good.

“Here, drink.”

“Wuzzah.” Bethany slurred, standing in place and unfocused. Only briefly aware that Tina had stopped sucking for a moment.

“Drink.”

Tina’s arm was pushed against her mouth, a frothy liquid coating it and smearing on her lips. Bethany licked out of habit, at the same time as Tina bit into her again. Bethany came again, her lips locked on the arm.

Soon Bethany yanked back, her hands on her stomach, shaking. There was something wrong with her. Her nerves seemed to be burning up, her muscles tightening, and her mouth felt weird. She was scared, what was going on? She looked to Tina for guidance, and her mouth dropped as a wave of adoration washed over her. She had loved her mistress for some time now, but nothing like the tidal wave of devotion she felt just then. She felt loyalty, arousal, and...and thirst.

“Parched?” Tina asked.

Bethany nodded.

“You know what to do.” Tina lifted her skirt, showing bare thigh and enflamed sex.

Bethany knelt forward, her mouth inches from that steaming valley. Incredible hunger overcame her, but instead of burying her tongue in that pussy, her fangs came out and entered the top of Tina’s thigh. She came hard as she drank, and her mistress squealed as feminine ejaculate ran down her lover’s face.

“Good girl. Shall we go give Michael a present for being a good slave?”

Bethany’s only answer was to nuzzle her face into her owner’s sex as she continued to drink.

* * *

Sam followed Cysrizl into the street; the vampire floated in the air and was making good time. Even at full lupine speed, Sam was sure he wouldn’t have been able to keep up if the man hadn’t wanted him to follow. He was probably getting in over his head trusting himself to Holly and her minions, but at the moment there wasn’t anything else to do. The two of them hit Main Street, a long straight pathway with not too many opportunities to duck and cover. Once Zack saw them it would be a straight and easy pursuit.

They had managed a two minute head start before Zack managed to tear his way through Sam’s old workplace. A loud childish squeal of delight was heard several blocks back as the girl-thing in Zack’s face spotted him.

“At least we put in some distance.” Sam panted.

“I don’t like what its doing.” Cysrizl frowned, floating backwards and watching the creature.

“Why?”

“Its dropping more excess and seems to be morphing again.”

The bones and tendons of all the victims that Zack ate shifted and fused together, bending in awkward angles as the monster landed on all fours. The limbs became a gross parody of canine legs. The front of the monster split open, forming a large gaping maw. The massive mouth was filled with rows upon rows of human teeth, much more frightening to gaze upon than a mouth filled with only one row of huge fangs. Zack had became a macrabe version of a wolf, a badly decaying deformed hairless wolf the size of a city bus.

“Tee hee, bigger doggie gonna bite little doggie, bite and tear, bite and tear!” Girl thing howled.

“CAAAAAIIIIIIIITTLIIIIIIIN!” Zack roared.

“Shit!” Sam ran faster. Apparently the thing that Zack had become was a bit more intelligent than he originally surmised.

It came after them with great loping strides. It was quickly starting to close the distance. Cysrizl tossed a few lightening bolts in its path but it did not care in the slightest.

“Bite and tear, bite and tear!” Girl singsonged.

Sam knew he was on his last legs, it was going to get him. But then, just as he passed the cross street of Jefferson, a van shot and passed him with squealing tires. The drivers side window was cranked down and a voice yelled from with.

“Sam, get in!” Cynthia screamed.

Not wasting any time to ask questions, Sam lunged at the van, his claws tore into the side sliding door and tore it off its track. He flung it away with nary a thought as he climbed inside. The vampire slid through the door as well and Cynthia hit the accelerator just in time to avoid getting chomped by Zack. The van sped up past sixty before the monster began to lose ground.

“Talk about good timing babe, I was about to...Cynthia, what the hell happened to you!” Sam gasped, catching a glimpse of her for the first time.

“Like, hello yourself my fuzzy wuzzy man muffin studly wuddly cutie pie!” Cynthia giggled, blinking her eyes at him. “Mama can’t wait to rub her horny little body all over those beefy muscles and oh so warm fur. Oh god, I touch myself thinking about it!”

“NOT WHILE YOUR DRIVING!”

“OOOH!” Cynthia grabbed the wheel before she weaved into a mailbox. “Whoopsi, Cynthia forget! Ha ha!”

Sam gave his beloved a once over, noticing her green skin and lack of clothing, other than a makeshift holster and gun on her hip. She seemed to have an awkward time handling the vehicle without shoes, as well as the constant distraction. Sam quickly shifted back to human form and took over.

“Ooo, good idea, now I can sit in your lap and get fucked as you drive!”

“We are in the middle of something right now honey, in case you haven’t noticed.”

“What, oh that’s right, I nearly forgot!”

“You’re getting a bit ditzy!”

“Like, what did you expect, my pussy cat hasn’t had a doggy cock in AGES!” Cynthia squealed and wrapped her arms around Sam’s neck, nearly causing him to put the van into a spin.

“How did you find us?”

“Duh, police radio.” Cynthia pointed at the dashboard.

“So, you were in the right mind to listen to it.”

“Can I help it if I was sooo worried about my big beefy wolf toy.” Cynthia nibbled his ear and stroked her finger along his nipple.

“As charming as this conversation is,” Cysrizl interrupted. “Perhaps we should focus more on our destination.”

Quicker than a blink of the eye, Cynthia drew her gun from her holster and had it pressed against the vampire’s forehead. “Who the fuck are you?” She snarled, her tone shifting from brainless bimbo to psycho bitch so fast it nearly made Sam’s mind tilt.

“Yes.” Sam drawled. “Perhaps explanations all around would settle.”

* * *

Charlie grunted, a pair of thighs locked around his hips as he pushed hard, releasing his seed with tremendous force into the woman under him. Eve was one of the silent lovers, gasping her delight and freezing her breath upon her own release. The motion of her body was the only source of communication she needed to express how much she was loving their contact. The motion of her body, her hungry kisses, and her grasping hands. Having not had a woman in a few decades, the taste of his silent partner was sweet ambrosia. Her hips milked the last of their waning pleasure, and she finally began to breathe again with quick pants.

“I could easily grow to love you.” She sighed.

Charlie pulled away, sliding out of her warmth with much regret. The rest of him felt cold from her words.

“What’s wrong?” Eve asked worried.

“Be careful, my night flower. Think about what you say, know what I am, and be prepared for what that means. I may bring you more pain than joy.”

“Gee Charlie, are you always this moody after some good sex?”

Charlie smiled. “Your something else.”

“You better believe it. I bet you’re worried about my wasting my life on a man who can never grow old with me.”

“It is a thought that bears repeating.” Charlie agreed, getting dressed. Eve did likewise.

“Did your other wives mind?”

“In a way, yes. They always teased that they got the better end of the deal, that they would always have something pretty to play with. But there were hard moments, when their own looks began to fade, that I would not prize them for their waning beauty. They worried that I would leave them then. But I always assured them, that it would be me who was left behind.”

“So, would you stay with me, when my skin is all wrinkly and my boobs drop to my knees?” Eve purred, pulling her pants up and fastening them.

“Please, let’s not talk about this.” Charlie turned away, buttoning his shirt.

“Okay, I get the picture.”

The two of them walked out of Charlie’s main quarters and into something resembling an orgy. People were making out, dressed, half-dressed, and occasionally bare. Some were well into getting their cookies, while others were just going with the flow.

“Holy shit!” Eve stammered.

“I’m going to have to think of something to do with Cynthia if this is what a walk-in does to the group.” Charlie mumbled, going deeper into the headquarters to find how far the spread was.

He was halfway through the tour when he froze, and had Eve collide into him from behind.

“Hey!” Eve protested.

“You smell that!”

“Uh, how can I not, this place practically reeks of sex now.”

“No, there is blood.”

“What?”

Charlie’s eyes narrowed and focused on all of the occupants, searching. There were plenty of couples necking, some more intently than others. Charlie watched for the shuddering bodies of those on the recipient side.

“Is something wrong?”

“We are losing this war.” Charlie frowned. “We must rely upon Kevin now.”

“What are you talking about?”

“We have been infiltrated.”

* * *

“Enjoying yourselves?” Holly asked, her face in a floating bubble that Cysrizl had summoned up.

“Not yet, what the hell do you want?” Cynthia said flippantly.

“Oh, there are plenty of things that I want, my jolly green whore, but the most concerning is how far the creature is behind you.”

“I can still see it.”

“Good.”

“Easy for you to say, miss floating bubble head!”

“It seems to have taken a liking to your darling doggy there, I doubt that it has the mental capacity to consider giving up for quite some time.”

“What’s your point?”

“My point is that that thing is a nuisance even to us, an abomination. I would like to get rid of it, and with your assistance, that might be possible.”

“I’m listening.”

“It will be very dangerous for you, but perhaps not as dangerous as continuing to let it chase you.”

“I said I’m listening!”

“My, you certainly are snappish for a green haired forest slut.” Holly mocked.

“Bite my snatch blood sucker.”

Holly leaned closer in the bubble. “Unfortunately, there isn’t enough time.” She laughed mirthlessly, showing off her teeth. “But I digress, just keep following your route and lead it here. I will have the Molesters widen the portal and send the three of you to Mystania.”

“What!”

“Then your precious little club and all of those poor innocent citizens will not have to worry about the big bad monster anymore.” Holly mock pouted.

“At the same time as setting it loose on a different world with different innocent citizens for it to devour.” Sam cut in coldly.

“Yes, that would be a drag, and it would still be chasing you. However, that is not totally my plan. In Vlad’s castle is a room filled with mirrors. There is one mirror in particular that he keeps covered up, a mirror of rare black glass.”

“And we should care why?” Cynthia frowned.

“It is a mirror, at which a single touch of the glass, will send that individual straight into the fog of the underworld. Lead it into there and you won’t have to worry about it bothering anyone else.”

“What about us?”

“I said it was dangerous, didn’t I? There is a chance you might find your way out, but without a guide, chances are good you’ll be wandering in the never-never forever. Although, eventually your frail mortal bodies will give way and you’ll end up continuing your journey spiritually, never being able to leave then.”

“You make it sound so tempting.” Sam drawled.

“Well, look at it this way furball. You can choose to cooperate, and we’ll get rid of the thing once and for all, or you can refuse, in which case Cysrizl will leave you to deal with the beast yourself. Good luck.”

“A choice between death and death, gee how thrilling.” Cynthia smirked.

“No, a choice between death and dying, there’s a difference, one has a chance at recovery. Make up your minds quickly, who knows how long that metal carriage of yours can keep moving.”

“We’ll do it, give us the details.”

* * *

“Steve, look at me.” Charlie’s voice sounded from behind him, startling him out of his fascination with the near-orgy that the Twilight Shadow had become. He was about to feel up a delightful looking brunette to see if he could be part of the action when he was interrupted.

No sooner did he turn around when Charlie gripped him by the chin and swiveled his face to stare directly into his eyes. It was decidedly creepy.

“What the hell, old man?”

“Just a necessity, poser.” Charlie countered.

“Hey, I resent...”

“You’re clean.”

“Huh?”

“You want to prove yourself as a man Steve?”

“Well, I was about to do that before you played grabby with me.”

“What? Planning a date with Rosie Palm and her five sisters? No boy, I got something more exciting for you to do, and something that I am entrusting you not to fuck up. If you do, I will lose what little respect I have gained for you.”

“Asshole.”

“And don’t forget it. You see this little troupe of mine.” Charlie beckoned, and Steve looked up to see they were surrounded by seven people as well as Eve. None of them were looking very happy.

“Uh yeah.”

Charlie flicked a card into Steve’s palm. “Take them, and go, right now, to this address. Do not let them be separated for an instant. If one gets stranded, they are to be left behind. Do not let any of them out of your sight.”

“O-kay.” Steve muttered.

“I don’t want to go.” Eve whispered.

“Tough, I can scout the uninfected much faster without you. Leave with Steve, he looks like he needs the help.” Charlie grunted.

“What’s going on here?” Steve asked.

“Eve can inform you on the trip there. Now hurry up and get out of my sight.”

“Jeez, okay. Pushy old codger.”

“Matrix tripping wannabe.”

“Dick!”

“Loser!”

“Lunatic.”

“And proud of it, I’ll miss your stimulating conversation Steve, now move your ass.”

* * *

The van swerved and parked sideways to the entrance of the Asylum. Sam and Cynthia were out of the vehicle before it even had time to fully stop, running for the entrance. It was just as well, for they had barely gotten to the door when the van was lifted and ground into the maw of Zack’s beast form.

“Scratchy nasty metal, taste bad taste bad taste bad!” The girl thing squealed. “Oopsie, we get played tricky, the doggy still get away. Hello doggy, coming for you!”

“Did Cysrizl get out?” Sam grunted.

“Who cares, move?” Cynthia pushed him, and the two ran through the door.

It was just in time, since Zack lunged, his muzzle got stuck in the narrow entrance and he howled. The walls of the building were built with sturdier stuff, and the creature was having a difficult time trying to destroy its way inside. Zack’s face pushed forward, and two long bony claws split out of the body, latching into the floor. With encouraging screams from the little girl in his face, he pulled, and a sickening wet crunchy sound filled the hall. The majority of Zack’s mass was left behind, but a vaguely human form consisting of the face, two arms, and a torso came forward. Its exposed spinal cord and entrails dragged along behind it as it began to crawl quickly after the pair.

“Just when I thought the thing couldn’t get any grosser looking.” Sam mumbled and followed Cynthia down a stretch of corridors.

They took several turns and went up a few flights of stairs. They noticed that there seemed to be no sign of life. No doubt Holly had cleared the way to make sure the monster had no distracting feasts. They paused only briefly to make sure Zack knew where to find them, but they needn’t have bothered, it was keeping up very well despite its limited mobility.

Cynthia burst into a large chamber that had no doubt served as a cafeteria in its previous occupancy. Now though, she could see a pinprick of bluish light in the center. Behind the portal were about thirty molesters, waiting for them. She felt misgivings about those wizards, but at the time she couldn’t afford to think about them. She gripped Sam’s hand and ran for the light.

No sooner did they reach it when the molesters gestured and the portal flared open, swallowing the two of them. Cynthia felt her body rack with pain. Her previous trips to and from Mystania did not prepare her for this. Sure, there were the tubes of energy swiveling through the cosmos, taking them to their destination. However, the color of these tubes was sickening, and depressing, and left a slimy feeling in places that she could not wipe away. It felt like an evil force, completely malignant, and Cynthia was worried that they had been betrayed.

However, before she started to claw her way into her skull to get rid of the feelings, it was over, and they were spat out into another room. This one was far different. It was chilly for starters, and light was provided in the form of torches rather than electricity. The walls were made of stone, and had hand woven tapestries with disturbing images of death and slaughter sewn into them. Also, the place smelled very bad, consisting of mildew, feces, and other odors that accompanied eras before sanitizers were invented.

Sam gripped her by the waist in her momentary disorientation and took off. She allowed herself to be carried like a limp doll, noting that it didn’t seem to be doing him any harm. It was just as well, because he barely made it halfway across the room when the portal flared and spit out Zack.

“Caaaaitliiin!” He bellowed as he spotted them.

Sam did not slow; he belted out of the room and into a series of passages. Cynthia could hear him mumbling under his breath.

“Left, straight, straight, right, down, left, straight, right. Left, straight, straight, right, down, left, straight, right.”

He repeated this mantra and Cynthia kept track of their progress. Unlike the Asylum, the castle was not deserted, likely not having gotten word of their plan. Every now and then a servant or a vampire would be walking down the halls and see them. Fortunately the element of surprise through them off before they could interfere. Not to mention, the monster following on their heels made them think twice.

“Down, left, straight, right. Down, left, straight, right.”

The stairs presented interesting problems, built in a round descending pattern that was too narrow to jump multiple steps without running into the curving wall. Nevertheless, they managed to get down before they could hear the sliding flesh of Zack slithering down the steps.

First path to the left, straight down past the next port, and right. The right turned out to be a large wooden door that was closed. A large wooden door that was closed and locked.

“Oh come on.” Sam roared and changed.

His massive claws tore gouges into the wood, breaking the pieces into smaller pieces. It took a moment to find the bar inside and jar it loose, allowing entrance.

“Sam!”

He looked up, and saw Zack staring at them from the bottom of the steps, drooling as he gazed across the hall. He had paused, as though savoring the chase.

“Tag, your it!” The girl thing giggled, and then Zack began to crawl after them again.

Wasting no time, they pushed past the ruined door and into a large chamber filled with assorted mirrors. It didn’t take long to find what they wanted, as it was the only mirror in the room covered with a large silk sheet. Cynthia gripped the sheet and yanked the cover off, and gasped.

It was grotesque. It was indeed a mirror made out of black glass, but its frame was made out of bones and tendons. Still living tendons, pulsing with blood, and sprinkled with never blinking eyes. To top it off were a pair of skulls at the topmost corners, obviously belonging to children, their mouths locked in eternal screaming.

“My god!” Cynthia blanched.

“Caitliiiiiin!” Zack screamed from the doorway.

“I don’t know if I can do this!” She shuddered.

“Cynthia, we can.” Sam gulped.

“I...”

“I want to tell you this, right now. No matter what happens in here, I want you to know that I love you, and I always will.”

“I love you too Sam.” Cynthia trembled. “As long as you’re with me, I can endure hell itself.” She lifted her face, and kissed him heavily. He returned it with vigor.

Zack hovered over them, and dropped. Their hands, holding tightly to each other, reached, and touched the mirror.

The screaming began.