The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Mystania: Crimson Tempest

By Thantos69

Chapter 15

Council of Mythos

Kevin was drowned in the shouting, being submerged in the sounds of those yelling at, about, or near him. Not for the first time that afternoon, he had realized that he was out of his league here. The past couple of years had made him a more assertive person, less inclined to withdrawal into himself. However, making speeches to large groups of people and debating with them left a lot to be desired. Especially when everyone seemed to think that you had all of the answers.

It was a very large tent. It had to be because it supported the leaders or spokespersons of nearly every sentient race on Mystania. There were wizards, elves, centaurs, gnomes, ogres, treants, dwarves, sirens, and of course fairies, lots and lots of fairies. As soon as they had realized the nature of Kevin as the party came into the camp, he had been practically abducted to this tent. Aside from Eileen, he had been separated from his companions, and he was only allowed her when it became clear to the gathering that this was the same woman who had been a goddess briefly.

Kevin still wasn’t sure whether these people were happy to see him or not. At the same time that he was praised for his services of ridding the world of two malevolent wizards and their ilk as well as worship for hosting a god for a short time, they also seemed to blame him for the darkness that had now descended. He wasn’t sure how to handle half of the questions hurled at him by overzealous creatures.

Bromstead, a short but heavily muscled speaker for the dwarves, hammered a fist on the table, causing everything to jump on it by an inch.

“Enough, enough! You wag your tongues like overheated dogs, thirsty but too dense to lap at the puddle before you. I call for action!”

“It is a course of action that we are trying to discuss Brom.” Saede, a tall black member of the Perverts said crossly.

“Discuss, what is there to discuss. Vlad’s lands border ours in the north. His zombies and ghouls have overwhelmed our mountains. It will take years to cleanse the tunnels of their stink, even if we haven’t already been driven from them to this conglomeration of light dwellers. There is nothing to discuss, we must take our army to the mountains and attack!”

“It is not that simple, my lord.” A smooth honey voice that had yet to speak interrupted. Kevin swiveled toward the section containing the elves and blanched. Although the voice had changed and had become more feminine, he recognized the speaker.

“And why is that Queen Sophile?” Bromstead’s tone became lighter, as his eyes were enraptured.

Kevin couldn’t blame him; the tall regal woman before them was a far cry from the young, almost tomboyish scout that he had deflowered slightly more than a year ago. Her voice, her movements, her very body seemed to exude a grace that captured eyes and libidos and demanded loyalty, just like her mother. At that thought, Kevin did a double take, did the dwarf say queen?

“Vlad has poisoned your mountains with his lowly servants, and his armies are drawing south, as you say. But he has also poisoned the eastern and the southern lands with words and fear. The humans, as rapidly as they breed, build forces and march from the east, driven by paranoia against all races not human. Is it not true that they have laid siege on their own college Saede?”

“It is so. The wizards are no longer welcome among their own kind. Fear that we all posses the potential to become Molesters has blinded them from the logic of our protection. The Perverts of the college have barricaded themselves inside, and I’m not sure how long they will hold.”

“They can cast flames into the crowds!” Bromstead scoffed.

“Against the very people who they swore oaths to protect?” Saede frowned. “They would become Molesters for sure.”

“And these humans will march upon us.” Bromstead countered. “Will your own ethics hinder your aide to us?”

“Don’t be foolish, our magic can offer more to the cause than the slaughter of the ignorant.”

“Saede and his fellow Perverts have already proven themselves in their efforts to expunge the rising sickness on our world Bromstead.” Sophile said softly.

The table went silent.

“The groves have all banded together for this, and we are few. Our kind has been decimated by the plagues that swept through our protected lands. Our males, not very numerous to start with, have become rare, and we are slowly dying. Yet we still offer our warriors for the cause, anything to keep the taint at bay. We owe the healers among the Perverts a huge debt.”

“It is our regret that we couldn’t get to you sooner. Your mother...she was a friend to the college.”

“Mirium is...” Kevin blurted, and then stopped as eyes swiveled toward him. He vaguely recalled Moonbeam mentioned her death but the reality had not sunk in. A new wave of guilt hit him, for her and the grove of Hope’s Calling had been a major factor in the war with Mthule. If he had only stayed a little longer, then the grove might not have suffered such loss.

“Do not blame yourself D’hrrtv.” Sophile sighed, seeming to read him like a book. “You brought happiness and triumph to the grove that has not been seen in a hundred years. Even if so for only brief of time, mother would not have traded away those moments for anything.”

“Yes, yes, that is all well and good” Bromstead interrupted before Kevin could reply. “But what does he plan to do now? Are you going to decimate the armies against us, D’hrrtv?”

“Um, I’m not the decimating type.” Kevin shook his head. “I’m not much of a strategist either. I just do what comes to me.”

At this several of the females at the table stifled at giggle.

“Er, I mean, I aim for what seems necessary at the time.”

“And what seems necessary now.” Bromstead frowned.

“Lay off.” Eileen snapped. “I don’t like your tone of questioning.” She stood up, causing the dwarf to flinch. She seemed to exhume radiance from her body in her ire.

“Calm down Eileen.”

“No, we’ve been through a lot these last few days just getting here. I do not appreciate being dragged through this camp to be shoved into a tent only to have accusations thrust our way. I’m aware that you all are under a lot of pressure and not much time to deal with it, but we are not going to be your patsies.”

“Patsies?” Bromstead said, confused.

“Eileen, that’s enough.” Kevin stood and put his hand on her shoulder. Her radiance began to dim as she leaned against him. “They just want to know if we can help them. And I believe I know how we can.”

At these words, the creatures all perked up, interested in what he had to say. Kevin was just about to tell them when suddenly horns began to sound out throughout the camp. The fairies immediately scattered out of the tent, followed reluctantly by a few members of some other species.

Sophile rang a bell in front of her. “We shall convene this meeting and conclude at a later date.”

“What’s going on?” Eileen asked as people filed outside.

“Injured. We have injured and refugees coming in.” Sophile answered.

* * *

“Fuck me! Fuck me harder! Your cock is so big, fill me up!” Jacey’s voice screamed passionately as her mind just screamed.

Underneath her was the latest in a line of smelly unwashed peasants with too much pride in their fumbling as lovers. At least this one kept his mouth closed so she didn’t have to put up with his halitosis or ribald commentary; it was bad enough listening to his grunts. He didn’t even give a warning as a warm substance slid along her uterus and splashed against her cervix.

“Yes, cum in me! Cum in me, I want it so bad! I’m cumming!” Jacey cried, unable to let her real tears flow.

It was hell, pure hell. It was bad enough that she couldn’t say no to a customer. It was worse that she had to smile and moan and pretend that every man she encountered was a regular Don Juan. It was worse than that in that she had to remain aware of every second of her torture, no longer able to hide in the confines of her mind. But the worst, the absolute worst, was the wish that her brother made that forced her body to actually enjoy the mockery that these people called lovemaking. When she screamed that she was cumming, she actually was, regardless of whether or not she wanted to, mostly not. One would think that she would get used to the feelings and come to look forward to her sexual servitude, but the betrayal of her body just made her feel dirty. It was not a good dirty either; there was nothing appealing about it at all.

“Damn, you are a hot slut!” The man under her finally said after catching his breath. “Why does your owner sell you so cheap?”

Jacey burned with anger and humiliation, but it only showed on her skin as a blush. “As great a lover as you are, we ought to be giving discounts.” She giggled like a bimbo and leaned down to swallow his tongue into her mouth. She mentally screamed as she could tell what he had for breakfast.

The man pushed her aside and shoved his cock back into his trousers, nearly causing her to roll off the mattress in her tent.

“I’m done for now, don’t want you to charge me for another half hour.” He grunted. “You going to be sticking around these parts for long?”

“I don’t know.” Jacey smiled sexily, not a trace of the indignity she was feeling being shown. “My master prefers to keep us on the move.”

“A shame, I was thinking about getting a piece of your ass tomorrow.”

“I hope so, my ass is feeling lonely without a cock in it.” She said with a sultry look in her eye, and a feeling in her mind that if the jerk didn’t leave soon she would start blowing chunks despite her body’s restrictions.

“Sexy little whore.” The man stood up and ruffled her hair with his hand in what he probably took for an act of affection. Jacey was glad when he left.

There was a small portable wood burning stove in the tent that kept some water warm. She dipped a rag in it and proceeded to clean the sweat, drool, and spunk off of her body before the next customer was brought in. She noted that no matter how rough the men were with her, her body did not keep bruises, cuts, or hickeys. Her skin was as healthy and shining as always, and her body was still tight in all the right places despite the constant stretching. Jacey had the feeling that she was never going to look like a worn out crack whore. Gee, lucky her.

“Hey sis, how’s it going?” Brian greeted, walking in still wearing a volume of robes that made him look like a jawa from Star Wars.

“As if you give a shit.” Jacey said bitterly, yet perversely relieved that she was finally able to speak her mind.

“That hurts Jacey, it really does!” He patted his chest where his heart would be if he had one.

“I hate you Brian.” Jacey didn’t look at him. “For as long as we both live, there is nothing you can ever do that will make me forgive you. I hate you.”

“You mean you didn’t hate me before. That’s so sweet, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Oh wait, that’s probably just my dick in these robes stirring while looking at your gorgeous tits.”

“God, your such a freak!”

“Working on it babe, with all the cash your ass is bringing in, we’ll be able to get first rate travel supplies. Maybe even a couple of horses. That ought to get us to Kevin pretty quick, eh?”

“Will you stop whoring me off then?” Jacey asked quietly.

“Maybe, I’ll think about it. To be honest, it kind of makes me jealous. But hey, I can’t use your snatch 24/7.”

“How flattering.” Jacey spat.

“Hey, sarcasm, nice you still have some fire in you.”

“Just bring in the next asshole, I’m tired of looking at you.”

“Sorry sis, you sucked this town dry. Disappointed?”

“Hardly.”

“Ah, but I do have one customer left. A lady here heard about your charms and wanted to see your pretty face, and then sit on it.”

“What, I’m not a lesbian!”

“To bad, because I wish that you would act like there is nothing better than a snatch and would be delighted to serve any woman sexually that I hand you.”

“You bastard.” Jacey screamed through a mouthful of drool that formed at the mention of eating pussy. Her traitorous hand rubbed her cleaning clothe a little too friendly against her sex.

“Up for some trout fishing.” Brian laughed. “You’re going to hate it sis, but you are definitely going to enjoy it. You might as well make it last, because I’m next. Tell me, do you think I can wish you pregnant, seeing a hard pooch to your belly will be very sexy.”

“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Hate me now Jacey?”

“Please, Brian, I beg of you, don’t make me pregnant. Anything but that, I swear! Please!”

“I’ll think about it. See you soon.” Brian left, leaving his sister trembling and near tears behind him.

* * *

Dee followed Sandy, reluctant to leave her side even for a moment since their confession. She was nearly in a daze, someone loved her, actually loved her, and she loved that someone in return. It was a scary and exhilarating feeling, giving her more fulfillment than she ever imagined and more dread then she could possibly handle. Dee wanted nothing more than to whisk her beloved away in her arms and fly to some safe location for them to spend the rest of their lives together. That was the problem, what safe location? Even if they found a hideaway, there was still the issue of Dee’s natural problem. Also, she doubted Sandy would be content to hide on a strange world.

Sandy’s hand tightened in her own, either in empathy of what was going through the mind of the succubus or of anxiety from walking through the camp. They were drawing a lot of stares from the creatures gathered there. Dee tried to hide her face in shame, not because of what she had done, but what she was. Her father had fed her the occasional wizard, but he had never given her any of the inhuman stock. Nevertheless, despite the fact that her wings, horns, and tail were tucked away, her red skin and midnight black hair were a giveaway. They knew what she was, they probably knew who she was, and though that was no fault of her own, she could feel the mistrust and scorn of those who stared.

“You are not a monster.” Sandy whispered. “You have every right to be here, more so than most I would gather.”

“My father is the scourge which these people fight.” Dee trembled.

“All the more encouraging for their cause, to see his own flesh and blood denounce him for his evil ways.”

“I’m scared.”

“Would you like to have some courage?”

“If you have some to offer.”

Sandy paused, and took Dee’s face in her hands, her lips brushed against the demon’s. Dee could taste the sweet breath coming from her lover’s mouth, and opened her own to receive her courage. It was quite delicious.

“Do you feel better?” Sandy breathed heavily with a regretful sigh as she disengaged.

“The rest of the world can go to hell.” Dee smiled at the gorgeous face of her beloved.

“That’s the spirit.”

A small cough sounded a couple of feet below them. Aerin had paused as she waited for the exchange to be over.

“You two are going to be the gossip for this evening.” The child grinned.

“Oh, should we really give them something to wag their tongues to.” Sandy laughed.

“It is not the wagging of THEIR tongues that interests me.” Dee blushed.

“Dee, you flirty trollop,” Sandy teased. “I guess that dose of courage did wonders. Just wait until I can deliver your full prescription.”

“Shall we go, I want to see my family.” Aerin waved her hand to forestall any more flirting.

Caitlin, who had been following silently, perked up. “So you did have a destination in mind, mrrr? Wait, what do you mean about family, do you know wherrre they took brrrotherrr!”

“I know where he is Aunt Cat, but no, the one I seek is my father.”

“Fatherrr?” Caitlin gasped.

“You will see, it is not far.”

It wasn’t long before they came to the open fields that served as grounds for livestock, horses, and centaurs. The centaurs spied the approaching group and immediately bowed in courtesy as Aerin walked into their midst. The child smiled at them, causing centaurs in her immediate vicinity to dance around in glee.

“You surrre arrre popularrr herrre!” Caitlin whispered to her niece.

“They have a love and respect for anything involving the ‘corn.” Aerin replied, noting that they were developing an entourage of centaurs the further they walked in. “They are fiercely protective of them. Uncle Kevin has earned their undying devotion for his service of ridding the world of Malek.”

“The Molesterrr who kidnapped me?”

“Yes, he took delight into corrupting the non-human races, especially the beasts. He is the only one who has successfully corrupted a virgin unicorn, on more than one occasion. Both the ‘corn and the centaurs rejoice his demise.”

As they approached the end of the fields closest to the forest, Dee let out a gasp. Approaching from the trees were about a dozen creatures of pure white. It was a white so clean of any trail dust or debris that it shined, nay, sparkled even. Dee felt absolutely filthy just looking at these creatures, and not just physically. She heard Sandy hold her breath as she caught sight of them too. These were not mere horses with a horn coming out of their foreheads. These were to equines what humans were to primates.

Dee involuntarily sniffed the air, and without even looking could tell that there was one male and the rest of his herd were female. Also, two of the mares, the ones standing closest to the male, had both been serviced within the past hour. By the scent permeating in Dee’s sensitive nostrils, these said mares were both in heat and would be serviced shortly again. Although, the slight shift in chemistry scent told Dee that the one on the right had already taken. She clamped her nose shut, aware that she was feeling a little hungry from the unicorn musk.

The two lead mares seemed to sense this, and snorted in warning as they put themselves between the stallion and the succubus. Dee felt ashamed even though she knew she did nothing wrong.

“Forgive Celia’s and Florine’s protectiveness. This is to be their first foaling.” A deep but musical voice filled their heads.

“Eager as ever to give me brothers and sisters, dad. You look bigger than you did from mommy’s memories.” Aerin stepped forward; her hand brushed away her long silvery white hair.

Caitlin’s eyes widened. It had been a while since she had seen the hard bump on the front of her niece’s forehead. It was still small, but now the skin no longer hid the ivory of her growing horn, sticking out about a thumbnails width. Aerin thrust her neck up as she approached the stallion, and he leaned his down, until the tips of their horns connected. A spark flashed and everyone felt a brief warmth of happiness. They realized that the brief touch was a unicorn’s version of a kiss.

“Your mother was a special woman. Of the many liaisons with the herd, none matched that brief moment with May. I would look forward to seeing her again, where is she?” The stallion said wistfully, scanning the group, and puzzled.

“She was killed, by one of Vlad’s servants.”

The stallion let out a sound that caused his entire herd to back away in alarm, their nostrils flaring. Dee, who had never known May personally, felt a surge of grief. The feeling seemed to pass through their party.

“Dead? This was never my intention...I had hoped...”

“She would have come back, if she could have, even though we both knew it would never be.” Aerin sniffled. “It was one of her saddest thoughts through my gestation, that she would never see you again.”

“She knew?”

“Unicorns can see what must be, but they do not see what will be. It is a burden neither mother nor I would wish on the herd.”

“I love her.”

“And she knew, and she returned that love, even though you only knew each other for less than an hour. If she had come back, she would have stayed with the herd forever.”

“And what about you?”

“I love you too daddy, but I can’t stay, I have my own destiny.”

The stallion nodded. “As is the burden of the Acorna. I wish the herd could ease your pain, but some impurities even we cannot cleanse. You are welcome with the herd for as long as you need us, dear daughter.

“Thank you.” Aerin turned and toddled back, gripping Caitlin’s hand and pulling her closer to the herd.

“This is my Aunt Caitlin. She is the sister of your life mate.”

Caitlin let out a nervous meow and licked the back of her hand and she was placed in front of the stallion. He backed up just a step before he caught himself.

“A pleasure to meet you, Cat-lin, I see May’s beauty runs in the family. Forgive me that I don’t get closer, being around and touching non-virgins outside our species is uncomfortable. The scent is too strong, especially in the case of catgirls. I apologize.”

“It’s no prrroblem. I haven’t had a prrroperrr bath since I got herrre.”

The stallion nickered, in obvious amusement. “No, a bath is not the issue. But where are my manners, Cat-lin, I have not introduced myself. I am called Duran.”

“It is easy to see why my sisterrr fell forrr you.” Caitlin purred slyly.

“No flirting auntie.” Aerin giggled.

“I was not...” Caitlin protested when she was suddenly interrupted by the sound of horns. Most of the unicorns dashed for the woods, leaving only Duran, Celia, and Florine.

“What was that?” Sandy asked.

“It is another shipment of wounded and refugees. I am sorry, we must go. The herd is sensitive to the presence of pain and blood.”

“You might want to stick around for just a little longer.” Aerin said, running her hand into her father’s mane. “Something very interesting is going to happen. It would be well that one of your kind witness it.”

* * *

Moonbeam hovered on the edge of the woods, skirting the army of Mystians. Even from as far as she was, she could still see the bustle of activity as well as numerable fairies. It was just as well that she had a fight with Candace and flew off in a storm of emotion. She did not like to be around that many fairies, even though none of them had yet figured out her true alliance. Regardless of whom she served, she knew she would always be an outcast.

A hand gripped her shoulder, startling her until she felt something hard trying to press into her vagina from behind. Moonbeam sighed, not in the mood for this activity, but knowing that to shoo her partner away would just make her feel guilty upon seeing the look of rejection on her child’s face. This one was gentle though, upon finding her dry mound, her partner reached down and fondled her crotch with skill until Moonbeam found herself moistening. By the time the hard member managed to slip inside, she found she was looking forward to it and grunted in relief. The penis jerked and spewed its contents into her belly, was quickly withdrawn, and then was replaced only seconds later with another one.

Only then did Moonbeam bother to look back. The fey were gradually settling on the branches around her, all of them in pairs or more. A few had already engaged in sexual activity, but most were holding hands or hugging while staring at the camp wistfully. Not for the first time, Moonbeam wished that the fey could communicate vocally. They were her children, but she could do nothing to ease the feeling of pain that she could sense from them, that odd dark emotion that made them afraid to be alone for any length of time.

She was pulled back to lay on her current lover as this one pushed harder between her legs. It took its time with her, its release not a priority to it as it snuggled with its mother. Moonbeam looked like a doll being embraced, as her head only reached about as high as a typical fey’s breasts when she stood. Another fey broke off from a group and joined hers when it noticed its mother leaning back. It hugged her and the fey behind her as it suckled on Moonbeam’s breasts. Its hard cock hunched against her clitoral hood as the other stroked inside her; the balls massaged the groove of the newcomer’s vagina as they humped their mistress.

Despite herself and her melancholy mood, Moonbeam felt herself respond, and whimpered as an orgasm took her. The newcomer let out a soundless gasp, and Moonbeam felt hot liquid dribbling all over her belly. Spent, the newcomer drifted down, still hugging her, and nuzzled its head on Moonbeam’s stomach, falling deeply asleep in warmth and comfort even though its own spend was getting smeared in its face. The lover in Moonbeams vagina was still stroking lazily, showing no signs of reaching its completion and not even concerned about it at the moment. Almost asleep herself, Moonbeam’s mind drifted, and eventually memories began to haunt her.

She cried out in forced lust and exhaustion, watching as her belly stretched with each thrust. Cum, she had to squeeze out the cum, her body craved the cum. It was horrible, the big warty dicks of the orcs stretching her out and making her belly fill over and over again. She could barely hear their mocking laughs anymore as yet another one grunted its filth into her. It pulled out, leaving her abdomen hard and pregnant.

Moonbeam didn’t have the strength to fly up to a tree anymore, where seven cocoons already dangled. Instead, her vagina contracted and sprayed its birthing silk all over the ground. There were another dozen half formed and ruined cocoons on the ground from her previous rapes. The horizontal positioning would not make her offspring develop right, causing serious birth disorders, if it even survived for a whole year without being eaten or trampled by ground creatures. Her other babies didn’t even get the benefit of a cocoon as impatient orcs pulled at her silk trying to get her to release faster. She could see the glistening slime of crushed embryos lying around her. She was too tired for horror anymore, too tired to dread at the next cum covered dick to pass her face to start her mating cycle. Maybe she should just die. It wasn’t as though she felt she had much to live for anyway.

“Jill.” She whispered, but heard no sound come from her lips.

No did she hear as the laughter and horny grunts of the orcs turned to screams of anguish and fear. She did not see the flickering lights of fire, nor the smell of unwashed flesh cooking around her. It was only the peace that she slowly began to acknowledge, and caused her to turn her head.

A man, a beautiful man in black was leaning over her, staring into her eyes. Oh what eyes he had, clear and liquid and nearly dark as night. Those were eyes fit for moonlight.

“What do we have here, a high class fairy, whose skin is as pale and beautiful as the moon itself?” The man said in a deep haunting voice.

Beautiful, her? He must be deranged.

“A gaggle of orcs is no fate for such a lovely and rare creature, oh fairy of the dark. They deserve a far worse fate than they got for such defilement.”

Lovely, even the humans and elves she associated with had been put off with her ivory pale skin and deep green eyes. She was a ridicule among her own kind rejected by every last...

“Jill.” Her heart beat hard, and painfully as she thought of the last few things that Moonbeam said to her.

“Ah, a response, so you are not quite near deaths door, my pretty night flower. Let us take you home, and nurse you back to health.”

Moonbeam slumped, why bother, why not just let her die.

“Oh no dear, do not give up. You have a home now, as an honored quest of Vlad Tepes, you shall never again have to fear rejection.”

Moonbeam cried out as another orgasm hit her unexpectedly, shaking away her memories. Her lover, slow and resourceful, finally was overcome with the friction of its mother’s contracting vagina, and filled it as full as possible. Moonbeam sighed with contentment, loving the feeling that no other fairy could experience, that of actually having a lover squirt inside and to stay locked together with that warmth without triggering the pregnancy cycle. Both fell asleep with the member embedded firmly inside her, with her hand resting on the head of the fey sleeping on her belly.

They were not awakened by the horns signaling the arrival of injured.

* * *

All around them, the camp bustled with heavy activity as they went out to meet the newcomers. Centaurs where in abundance, carrying people that were bruised, battered, and bloody; yet healthy enough to ride safely. Other injured arrived in wagons; these looked less fortunate, with larger gashes, some showing bone and even organs in exposure. Some were mad with fever or plague. Others had missing limbs or gangrenous ones. Quite a few of the patients were already beyond recovery, pale and gray as death had already claimed them.

The refugees did not look any better. Their eyes were sunken in, with dark circles around them and utterly devoid of hope. Those eyes had seen such horrors, such sickness, such death. Those eyes had watched their homes burn, their families torn apart, their lives dissolve around them. Those eyes...those terrible awful eyes!

Eileen buried her head in Kevin’s shoulder. “I can’t take it anymore. Can you feel them?” She cried.

“Honey?” Kevin gripped her tight.

“I can feel their pain, it burns in my head. Their cries for help, their pleading for release. I can feel it all.”

“Tome, what is going on?” Kevin grunted.

I do not know, I can feel her drawing from the connection my parents placed between you two. She is drawing power from your source.

“Well, stop it then, she’s hurting.”

That’s the problem, I can’t. Something is forcing her to connect. There is a heavy empathic field around her, being powered by your reserve as well as the pleas of the people.

“Isn’t there anything we can do?”

It is strange, but I have felt this type of force before. It is similar to the force generated by the worshiping of my parents during previous trials. But the worship does not seem directed anywhere.

“Kevin!” Eileen gasped.

“What is it?”

“I feel so light.”

“Huh, what are you talking about. Wait, Eileen!” Kevin did a double take as he looked at his girlfriend. She was glowing white; tendrils of energy were flowing lazily out of her.

There is a heavy flow of power draining from your reserves Kevin, going directly into her. But I am not giving it permission to be tapped. The power seems to be acting of its own will.

“What’s it doing to her?”

I’m not sure, but it isn’t hurting her. I’m surprised her body is able to withstand the amount being withdrawn, but for some reason, the power is reinforcing her endurance.

Kevin began to feel a strong warmth flowing through his chest, and the fear that was beginning to eat at him broke away. His arms around Eileen parted as something seemed to lift her from them, and his beloved rose into the air, her clothes flowed slowly about her like she were swimming in a large invisible pool. The waves of light continued to emit from her and grew larger. The cries of the people throughout the camp gradually ceased, and a hush seemed to absorb all sound from the camp.

As the eyes of everyone rose to meet this spectacle, Eileen began to sing. It was not a song with words, but it was nevertheless hauntingly beautiful, celestial even. As the notes flowed through the ears of the people, eyes began to water as something filled their hearts. Droplets of light fell from Eileen’s field, bringing out even more warmth.

Kevin stopped trying to understand. His heart was on fire, and he released his hold on it. Almost immediately he too was surrounded by the flowing light coming from Eileen. He felt her soul, her thoughts, her feelings, connecting once again but outside of a sexual act. He hardly noticed as he floated toward her, his mouth opened and joined her song with a heavy base. The two voices in harmony caused the field of light to extend over the entire camp.

Sounds of joy were coming from below, and more singing came up to join their song. Kevin and Eileen embraced in the air, serenading one another with all of their love. The voice of Tome sang out in utter bliss between them, letting the power grow. But it was no longer coming from just them; the people were adding their own power to the light somehow. And with it, came wonders.

* * *

“What is going on?” Duran spoke, tears flowing from his large equine eyes, his horn glowing brightly in response.

“The birth of hope.” Aerin whispered, stroking her father’s mane.

“What does that mean?”

“You know there are things that I am not allowed to tell even you.” The infant sighed, reaching up and grasping one of the healing raindrops of light coming down over them.

“I know now, that the purpose for which you were born, is about to be fulfilled. I have a feeling that you will part from the herd.”

“I am sorry daddy. Please, watch, listen, and remember this moment. Cherish it in your heart. Promise me this!”

“You have my word, you have my heart, you have my love, child. Carry it as far as you go!”

* * *

Moonbeam was brought out of sleep by the movement of her pillow. The fey in whose lap she was resting was swaying from side to side, its mouth opening and closing as though trying to get words past those ever-silent lips. It was so bizarre it took her a moment to notice that the rest of they fey were wide awake and mimicking her cushion. Taken together, it appeared as though they were a choir, singing a silent chorus. Their bodies swaying in time to an unheard harmony.

She jerked, and then realized that it was not unheard. Moonbeam whipped her head toward the camp as her ears finally picked up on the haunting wordless song flowing through the air. Her chest ached in time to the melody, and she felt something try to release, something that frightened her so much that she had to clamp down on it and try to put that beautiful melody out of her head.

Light was flowing throughout the camp, and she noticed a pair of figures floating over it. She did not have to guess to know that it was Kevin. The identity of song master was enough to quench Moonbeam’s desire to listen to it. The familiar surge of hate pushed all thoughts of it out of her mind.

The screams of the dying rose in feverish pitch around her, as well as the roar of the fury of battle. Elves were falling, but not as many as the goblins, trolls, and harpies. It was a tremendous push, a desperate moment for the elves. It was a chance to be rid once and for all of one of the most powerful Molesters on Mystania. An opportunity that Moonbeam approved of whole heartedly, for it would only increase the influence of her master.

He had told her to seek out the D’hrrtv, and the boy did not disappoint. He was already accomplishing more in a few days what his predecessors barely started in months. Moonbeam had her own agenda as well. As happy as she was to spy on the boy from another world, she was more interested in his companions. Had SHE become a guide?

Moonbeam joined the other fairies, attending each fallen elf and attempting to bring health among them. It was there that she got the shock of her life. The ground opened up, and two gnomes emerged, followed by a strange human women whose eyes seemed to see everything and nothing. But what most drew her attention was what lay in the hands of one of the gnomes.

She was battered, evidence of hard rape noticeable even from a distance. She was asleep, beyond exhaustion. Only the tiniest of breaths was even an indication that she was alive.

Jill!

A surge of hatred grew through her as she saw the pitiful condition of her beloved. How could he allow this to happen? Did the D’hrrtv care nothing for those that served him. Is this Jill’s reward for her faith and dedication to the Tome?

Moonbeam darted down and pushed another fairy out of the way who was about to attend her. She hugged her tight to the point of obsession, quickly grabbing her breast and pushing Jill’s face into it. She nearly wept as she felt the other fairy’s lips suckle on it, and the healing milk squeezed out of her nipple. It had been so long since she had felt those same lips on her breasts before, in much more pleasant circumstances. She let Jill suck for a long time, longer than the other fairies were granting to the more seriously wounded. She held her as she watched the bruises fade and the tortured slumber become a more fitting sleep.

All this time, and Moonbeam still wanted her, longed for her, would do anything to be accepted by her. She wondered if Jill thought about her, still remembered her? She stroked Jill’s hair, sliding her fingers along her face. It was a more mature face, that had seen its share of hardship, but it was still the most beautiful thing Moonbeam had ever seen. This time...this time Moonbeam would not let her go.

Moonbeam bit back a scream as she cut off her flashback before it could go any further. She didn’t want to remember what happened next. Several fey backed away from her as she stood angrily, turning her back on the camp.

“Let’s go.” She ordered.

The fey seemed reluctant, still swaying to the flow of the song. But one by one, they spread their wings and took to the air, willing to follow their mother.

* * *

Dee was transfixed, walking through the camp with Sandy, separating from Aerin and Caitlin to explore on their own. The song was vibrating through everything, and glowing patches were appearing everywhere. Dee watched as wounds turned bright and knitted together, as fevers broke and its victims danced, as grief racked people began to laugh. Only the dead were not effected by the call of the song. Beside her, Sandy was adding her own voice to the harmony. Dee was nervous, wanting to join in, but not feeling worthy to share in the communal spirit.

Then Sandy hugged her. Her cheek nuzzled the side of Dee’s breast, then moved so her voice reverberated against the side of Dee’s neck. Dee felt down, gripping Sandy tightly to her, hands exploring on their own. There was a gentle kiss against the nape of her voice box, causing Dee to shudder and cry out. Her cry echoed the harmony of the song, and her voice joined. A surge of passion entered the crowd as Dee’s lust octave was directed toward a different purpose. The power around her intensified, filling people with a joy unknown to them. Even Dee, nearly shell-shocked, was nearly overwhelmed as she realized that she was happy. It was a rare, awesome moment in her life, with no worries, fears, regrets, or bitterness; just pure happiness.

She drifted through the crowd, just enjoying the sensation, not really paying attention to the situation. She was only marginally aware that Sandy was leading her by the hand, dancing somewhere and rejoined in the song. Dee had only a moment of confusion as she was pulled through a tent that had been deserted. Only a moment as soft lips eagerly devoured her own, a tongue pushing into her mouth.

Dee felt herself react with an intensity that was nearly like her feral state. Song forgotten, she grabbed the back of her lover’s head and attacked those lips with her own. She breathed in Sandy’s breath, inhaled Sandy’s scent, and swallowed Sandy’s salivation. Pressure from her shoulder blades told her that her wings had come out, but she didn’t care. She wrapped them around the both of them, covering them in a red shadow. Dee heard fabric tear as Sandy’s hands reaching under Dee’s top pulled and tore. The cover, not all that big to begin with, drifted to the floor in one ruined piece. The suddenness of the attack nearly caused her to swallow Sandy’s tongue down her throat. She gasped as those same hands knead at her, pulling on her nipples and rolling them with expert care, getting her hotter each second.

“Finally!” Sandy whispered huskily as their lips parted for only a moment. “I want you so much!”

“Ah, Sandy!” Dee gulped as those magical hands massaged her chest towards heaven.

“You won’t fight me anymore.” Sandy gasped.

“I...I want you too! I don’t think I can stop!”

“Then don’t. Help me undress!” Sandy’s hands let go and slid down Dee’s waist, slipping into and behind the tight skirt around Dee’s hips. The fabric was pulled away and slid down as her hands gripped Dee’s ass. “You’re so hot!” She cried, her sentence filled with multiple meanings.

Her words turned to moans as Dee responded by licking her chin; her long snakelike tongue slithered around her cheek, her ear, along her lips. The saliva was sweet, intoxicating, and laced with pheromones. Sandy opened her mouth and lightly bit on the tip. She was only marginally aware that Dee’s hands were working on the button of her jeans and was having difficulty pushing the hip hugging denim past her waist. She had no intention of helping as she loved the feel of Dee’s ass rotating in her hands. A long pointed tail showed its appreciation for the attention by wrapping around one of Sandy’s arms, tickling the skin.

Sandy squealed when something went inside her. Two fingers to be exact, which happened about the same time she felt her panties slide toward her knees. She lost her balance, falling onto Dee, who gladly supported her weight with her hand cupping Sandy’s sex.

“You’re very wet!” Dee hissed into her ear, fogged with excitement.

“Look who’s talking.” Sandy giggled, her own fingers slipping into the moist valley between Dee’s legs, easy access from behind.

“I’ve never done this with a woman before!”

“You’re not lacking.” Sandy reassured her.

“I’ve never done this willingly before either!”

“Shhhhh.” Sandy kissed her. “Do you want me?”

“Oh yesssss!” Dee sighed.

“Well, I want you, and I love you, and that is all that matters. I have never done this with a woman either, but I am willing to learn for you.”

“Oooh!”

“To make you feel good!” Sandy’s fingers slipped inside.

“Oh god!”

“To make you forget your pain!” The fingers began to wiggle.

“Ah! Ah!”

“To show you just how far I’m willing to go, to show you my love!” And the thumb pressed against the clitoris.

“AAAAH FUCK!” Dee screamed, a hot wave hit her body.

“And that is just the beginning!”

Dee’s eyes captured Sandy’s, glowing and filled with lust, nearly hypnotizing. Any words that Sandy was going to add was cut off.

“I’ll show you a beginning!” Dee said sexily, her voice drifting into the lust octave, causing Sandy to melt into sexual goo.

Somehow, Sandy’s pants and panties slid entirely off, freeing her legs to kick and spread. All the better to enjoy the two fingers fiddling around inside her and the superheated palm rubbing along her pubic bone. Even more of a mystery was how her shirt seemed to disappear and was replaced by the nibbling teeth of Dee on her nipples. She was lying on her back on top of what appeared to be a small mat, with Dee’s wings forming a tent around them. Dee’s arm was moving back and forth, and Sandy’s hips matched the thrusts of her lover.

Sandy sobbed throughout her orgasm; it had felt so good. Her vagina squirted juices out heavily, nearly flooding the floor. Her memories of her one sexual experience with Kevin were now buried, and surpassed by this experienced woman. She reached down and gripped Dee’s head, forcing her to come up so she could kiss her.

But Dee was not ready to give up so easily. As she enveloped Sandy’s lips in her own, her hands came up to knead her breasts, and her tail slid downward. Sandy let out a surprised yelp of pleasure as the long appendage probed the lips of her sex and slid easily inside. The flattened point on the end of it expanded and wiggled like a well muscled butterfly, stirring sensations in her canal like she couldn’t imagine. It reached places fingers couldn’t go and did things that no penis or dildo could reproduce.

“This is better than sex!” Sandy panted.

“Silly, this is sex.” Dee chuckled, and her tail began to move, fucking the girl in and out.

“Shiiiiiit!” Sandy’s teeth clenched as she convulsed through another orgasm. “I wish I had a dick, so I could fuck you!”

“Like it do you?”

“Let me show you.”

With that, Sandy wrapped her legs around Dee’s hips and pulled. This forced Dee’s abdomen to press against Sandy’s pelvis and resulted in her own tail being driven to slide between the folds of her sex in order to keep penetrating Sandy. Unwilling to stop pleasuring her lover, she accepted the sensations of self-gratification from her smooth slick tail. She was not prepared for what Sandy did next. The girl reached around and slid her hands along the base of her wings, where they met her back. Dee was not aware of just how sensitive those muscles were, but under Sandy’s hands, they felt how she imagined two cocks would feel being masturbated simultaneously. An orgasm hit her with a powerful involuntary force, causing her tail to push up reflexively, spearing into Sandy’s womb. The witch came hard, and gripped on Dee’s wings. The spray of Sandy’s orgasm came out like a jet, right all over Dee’s clit with hot sticky liquid, making her cum again.

Dee was out of breath, panting hard into Sandy’s face, who was equally struggling. It took them awhile before either could say anything.

“I didn’t even know I had that spot.” Dee finally said after a few moments as they were starting to giggle hysterically.

“I was curious.” Sandy laughed. “I wonder how you would feel if I suck on one of your cute little horns?”

“I’m getting excited thinking about it, which is strange because usually I’m ashamed that I have them.”

“I see no reason you should be ashamed of any part of your body. You are absolutely beautiful Dee. There is nothing on you that I would not be thrilled to touch, kiss, or tease.”

“I love you.” Dee sobbed, hugging her close.

“You said it, without any prompting.” Sandy exclaimed happily.

“I do love you. I can love!” Dee continued to cry.

“I love you too, hold me, I want to feel your warmth.”

“I can love without killing!”

“Shhhh!” Sandy rocked her back and forth, rubbing her skin gently with her fingers.

Dee cried for a long time.

* * *

It was a great wish; Brian patted himself on the back, a wish that was pure genius. He gave his sister a silver tongue for haggling. Who knew that she would stretch her whore money so far as to not only get a pair of horses, but a travel wagon as well. They even had enough left over to stock up on supplies and hire a mercenary to protect them from bandits. Of course, most of the mercenary’s pay was in trade. The heavy rocking of the wagon behind him and the muffled noises coming from within told him it was being collected.

Brian frowned, looking down at his arms that were gripping the reigns. It was just as well they were on the road again. His arms were covered in hairy warts, and his fingers were more claw like. He was nervous about looking in a mirror, not wanting to see what horrors were there. If he didn’t know any better, he would say he was getting uglier. The sooner he found Kevin and got this curse off of him, the better.

The wagon stopped rocking, and after a few minutes their hired thug crawled out, adjusting his breeches.

“Your slut sure knows her way around a dick.” The man belched and scratched himself.

“Yes.” Brian grunted.

“So, if you don’t mind me asking, what is such a talented whore doing out in the shit sticks? She could be making so much more running with the elite in the cities.”

“Charity.”

“Yeah, right.” The thug grimaced. “Where’d you pick up the slut anyway? She looks too good for her level of experience as just a common whore.”

“Do you mind taking the reigns for a moment?”

“Huh? Why?”

“I need to discuss some business with my slave.”

The mercenary laughed. “Oh, hearing me get on with the bitch get you randy. Good luck shorty, I loosened her up good. You’ll be tossing a pebble in a well.”

Brian stood up after passing the reigns, ready to crawl in the back. “Is that so? You were wondering how I attracted the nympho to work for me.” Brian gripped his crotch through his robes.

The mercenary raised an eyebrow.

“Not everything about me is short.” Brian cackled, and entered the wagon, ignoring the raucous laughter behind him.

Jacey was in a pile of pillows nestled in a corner of the wagon. Her legs were spread and thick globs of seed was oozing out of her. She was catching her breath.

“Close your legs, I got to sleep there too.” Brian ordered.

“Why do you think I’ve got them open.” Jacey said bitterly. “I worked him really good so he would leave a generous helping of man chowder for you to snuggle in.”

“I wish that your body would absorb any sexual juices produced and that you would retain a perfect physical appearance regardless of how much thrashing and exercise you perform.”

As soon as he said that, the sperm dripping from her legs slid up inside her and disappeared. Her skin became rosier, the sweat markings vanished, her disarrayed hair straightened, and her smeared complexion was restored.

“Son of a bitch.” Jacey sighed.

“I should have thought of that one earlier, it saves me having to bring your ass some rags and water.”

“Yes, I wouldn’t want to have to inconvenience YOU!”

“You know, I just came back here to ask a few questions, but seeing you put together like this, I just might have to sample the goods again.”

Jacey rolled over and got on all fours, sighing with disgust. “Then you might as well do it and go away, the sooner your back up front, the sooner I can lay back here and pretend that you don’t exist.”

“Ah, sis, this is the first time you have willingly offered yourself to me. I guess you can’t wait to be stuffed with your brother.”

“I would rather have sex with a pig than you, but you’ll make me do it anyway.”

“Of course, I’ll make you do both of your suggestions, customers will surely pay to see that. But no, I’m not going to fuck you just now. I want to know if there is a quicker way to catch up with Kevin.”

“How the hell should I know?”

“I wish you would tell me whether or not there is a way to reach Kevin faster.”

“There is.” Jacey answered promptly.

“Then tell me.”

“I don’t know.” Jacey sighed, rolling back on her back and attempting to show a little more modesty.

“I wish you would know.”

Jacey’s eyes widened, her knuckles dug into the pillows. “Oh god!”

“What?”

“There is a way, but extremely dangerous. I would rather we just continued with the wagon.”

“Tell me Jacey, am I getting even uglier?”

“Of course.”

“Then why would I want to take a longer path. Can you find a safe way to do the quicker path?”

“Maybe, if you wish the right questions. As it is, I’m not sure I can survive on my current ignorance.”

“Now, I am curious.”

“There are a couple of portals around this world that lead to the underworld. Distance in the underworld is not measured by physical space. It is possible to cut weeks of travel between these openings by travelling the underworld. However, the rules there are different, and it is easy to get lost forever.”

“Creepy, but you can get us through?”

“If you wish the right questions I said, and I have no confidence in your intelligence to do so.” Jacey stammered.

“Whatever, we’ll come to that when we deal with it. In the meantime, come over here and suck my dick.”

“I don’t suppose you bothered to wash it this time.”

“I wish you would give me a blowjob, extra slobbery, so you can taste all of my ballsweat.”

“Asshole.”

“Thanks for reminding me, I want you to lick that out too.”

Jacey looked as though she were about to throw up, but she obediently crawled forward and took his dick in her mouth.

“Oh, by the way, I know you aren’t being straightforward with me.” Brian whispered.

Jacey was unable to answer, while slurping him down, making a lot of noise to give him that extra slobber he wished for.

“I’ve lived with you too long not to know all of your sneaky little expressions. I can tell when you are trying to keep something from me.”

Jacey increased her performance, pretending to ignore him and distract him with pleasure.

“I wish to know what you and lover boy were discussing as he was mauling your muff in here earlier.”

“He said I was the tightest fuck he ever had and that he wished he could keep me.” Jacey said, stopping her blow for a moment.

“But there is more to it than that. I wish for you to tell me everything that he said in regards to me, and no lies.”

“As soon as we reach Muffdivers Ravine, he plans on slitting your throat and tossing you into it. Then he will take me to a city and sell me to some high paying nobles.”

“And were you planning on telling me any of this sometime.”

“Why should I? I don’t give a fuck anymore if you die. I encouraged him to do it, he thought that fucking me before was good, he really enjoyed it after he let me know his intentions.”

“So you would rather be sold into slavery?”

“Look at me Brian, I am already worse than a slave. At least his proposal sounds like an improvement to the squalor that you’ve put me through. Being a concubine to a noble might even be luxurious.”

“And you give up on getting home?”

“If I don’t like my situation, there is always the potential for escape. No one but you knows that I’m a djinna. If they don’t find your ring, I’m safe.”

Brian laughed. “How clever of you, I guess you’re not just a brainless slut after all. Although, a little wish and you could be.”

Jacey turned white. “No, you wouldn’t!”

“Of course I wouldn’t, as much fun as making you into a bimbo would be, I want you to keep your intelligence, so you can enjoy everything I have planned for you.”

“I hate you!”

“I know you do, but I wish that from now on, you will never make any more plans to kill me, and that you will inform me of any assassination plot regarding me. Also, I wish that you will do everything in your power to keep me alive, whether it means taking a hit from a weapon in my place to performing CPR on me.”

Jacey groaned.

“Also, since you are such good friends with our ‘bodyguard’ up there,” Brian reached into his robes and pulled out a jagged knife. “I wish for you to shove this as hard into his back as possible, severing his spinal cord. Then when he is paralyzed, I want you to stab him repeatedly in as many non-vital spots as possible, you know, fuck him with the knife. I want you to watch him bleed to death, knowing from this moment on that you are mine for life.”

Jacey’s hand trembled as she took the knife.

“Wha...what if I can’t!”

“Oh you can. I wish that your body will know exactly how to pull this off. Now go, the next time I fuck you, I expect to be smeared in some blood.”

* * *

Evening passed over the camp like a blanket; the smells of cooking fires drifted everywhere as people recovering from the song and dance tiredly realized that they had to eat. Most of the beings that actually wore clothes were still in a state of undress, caused by the passion of the song. The muscles of love still throbbed with a pleasant ache, a reminder of the intensity of the most primal of dances.

Kevin and Eileen were no exception, as they walked side by side in the altogether, holding hands. They could not remember when they had floated toward the ground, only that he was inside her and that both were determined to show how much love they could show in their act. He had burst within her at least five times before he could withdraw, and she shuddered against him at least three times that number.

“Do you think I might be pregnant?” Eileen laughed.

“Why do you ask that?”

“I feel such a strong healthy glow. The warmth of your seed in my belly is sending me such euphoria.”

“I don’t know if I can get you pregnant. I had it shut off the last time before we came to this world, but I’m not sure if it still applies.”

“Well, if I am, I can’t ask for a better conception.”

They walked the rest of the way without another word. Soon they came upon the large tent that had held the council earlier. They hadn’t realized they were making their way there, but as soon as they saw it, they entered.

Only to be greeted by his niece, who was holding up the bundle of their clothing for them. Caitlin purred in greeting as they took the offering.

“Nice outfits, mrrr.” She grinned.

“We were distracted.” Eileen smiled back.

“I’m surrre you werrre.”

“We’ve been waiting for you.” Aerin said, nodding to the others in the room. It seemed that Kevin and Eileen were the last of the council to return.

“I didn’t know we were meeting back so soon.” Kevin said.

“Neither did they, I have fetched them.” Aerin shrugged. “They were about to send for you, but I knew when you were going to be back.”

“Oh, right. Where’s Sandy and Dee?”

“Consummating their marriage.”

“What?”

“Not technically, but their spiritual chain is formed.”

“Aerin, have I ever told you how creepy you sound sometimes.” Kevin sighed.

“On the contrary, I find it quite beautiful.”

“But to hear it coming out of the mouth of an infant is off-putting.”

“You have seen stranger uncle, and you will see stranger yet. But that is beside the point right now. These people have gathered together to hear your words of wisdom.”

Indeed, the room was silent as the occupants stared at the new arrivals dressing before them. Even the dwarf, as passionate and impatient as he was that afternoon, waited silently. Kevin surveyed the crown and noticed a few members that were not present on the last gathering. One was a rather petite centaur woman with tiny bare breasts, skin and fur the color of chestnut, and was wearing a crown of flowers. The other occupant was a female creature that had the body of well muscled but greatly endowed human woman, but whose head was shaped like a bird, had large bat wings like Dee, and seemed to be made entirely out of blue stone. His best guess was that she was a gargoyle. He wondered if she froze into solid stone during the daytime like that old cartoon series, it would explain her absence earlier.

“I know that you expect me to stay with you all and fight.” Kevin said after awhile. “You expect my powers to be your salvation, to end this threat as they did with Malak and Mthule.”

“By your tone,” Bromstead interrupted. “You have no such intention to do so.”

“Quiet dwarf.” Sophile scolded. “Let the D’hrrtv finish.”

“Thank you.” Kevin coughed. “It is true though, as a tactician, I leave much to be desired. I cannot truly comprehend the art of war, and I cannot lead armies. I may hinder the battle more than help. However, we have a saying where I come from. It is better to fight the source of the disease rather than the symptoms.”

“So what are you saying?” Bromstead asked.

“Vlad is the cause of this. He has spread mistrust among the humans; he has rallied the Molesters together and created an army of the undead to ravage both of our worlds. As long as he is around, there is no hope to win this war. I propose to become the Champion of the gods and challenge Thantos’ chosen in single combat. If I defeat him, his armies will soon fall.”

Upon these words, invisible chains pierced into Kevin’s soul, sealing his fate toward one destination. It nearly brought him to his knees. Yet, at the same time, these tendrils filtered warmth through him that he had never felt before, inspiring self-confidence and a deep sense of duty. Beside him, Eileen gasped as though she too was bound by ethereal chains, or simply experiencing his feelings. He realized that a pact had been made and accepted, and that the endgame had finally been set into motion. After hundreds of years, the destiny of this world was about to reach its conclusion, for good or ill.

“You have put this world on a clock.” Bromstead said gruffly. “If you lose, this world will no longer be plagued by Vlad, but ruled by Thantos.”

“I am aware of that.” Kevin nodded.

“Are you even strong enough to face Vlad, if not, you have just doomed us all with your words.”

“I have faith in him.” Sophile spoke. “What he lacks as a warrior, he makes up with his spirit. I can already feel the love that this planet has for him flowing in his veins.”

“But still...”

“There is no but, we have to believe that he can accomplish his goal, or we all end here.”

There were murmurs of agreement around the tent. It was an odd mixture of both fear and hope.

“I suppose there is no going around it then.” Bromstead muttered. “We have to rely upon you to win our world. But in the meantime, how can we help you accomplish your task.”

Aerin spoke, her voice filling the tent with authority. “We need your survival, your time, your faith, and your determinations. The armies of your foes will be arriving here in two days time, in numbers that you cannot imagine.”

“What? That soon.” There were whispers of dread permeating the meeting.

“Direct the strongest fighters to the north, to defend against the hordes of Vlad’s lesser minions. They are without a leader at the moment and will fall to more experienced hands.”

“And the humans?”

“They come from the east, filled with prejudice and fear, in ragtag bands as well as experienced armies. They are ruled by hate born of ignorance rather than of nature. As such, their hearts can be swayed and confused. Use magic against them, magic of confusion, emotion, and confounding. Make them doubt themselves, cause the least experience of them to run amuck in the ranks of the disciplined, creating disorder.”

Saede shook his head. “Our wizards are few, and not many of the creatures here have a befuddling charm that will work on such a massive scale.”

Aerin grinned. “And that is why I come to the most important part of my strategy, one that could break us if not handled properly.”

She paused; making sure that everyone was listening. She was met with rapt ears.

“We have traveled through the Cleft in the south. The witches there have been recently met with a hardship that will cause them to lick their wounds. As a result, they will not put up any effort to dissuade desperate travelers from passing through their valley. And desperate these travelers are, an entire family, twenty strong...of mind reapers.”

Saede stood upright. “Mind reapers! Curse our luck, to be assaulted from three directions.”

“Calm yourself, you must offer them sanctuary.”

“Offer them...but, their mind reapers. You know what those...those, creatures are capable of, they will bring chaos to our ranks.”

“And you are acting just like the humans who wish to wipe you out. Mind reapers are a misunderstood race, they have no inclination to the dark. Most wish to be left alone. This family has been forced from the community they dwell by the very paranoia of humankind. Offer them shelter tonight, and security for their children, and the adults will be willing to join the front ranks on the east. An adult has more than enough power to befuddle the brains of a small squadron of soldiers. It is the only reason this family had made it alive through perilous lands fully intact.”

“But how can we trust them.”

“Do you trust me?”

“Yes.”

“Then know this, if you do not show the mind reapers mercy and kindness, the armies will still arrive in two days, but this camp will not see a third. You will be the swords for their children’s future, and they will serve as the shields for yours. That is the choice that is left for you, make it count. My uncle’s entourage will be leaving to the west within the hour. This discussion is over.”

Aerin turned her make to the sudden flurry of protestations. She headed for the flap of the tent, and with a shrug, Eileen and Kevin followed.

“Do you think they will agree with you.” Kevin asked.

“This has happened to close to the pivot point of this future to ensure a guarantee.” Aerin sighed. “But from what I see, the scales are balanced more in our favor than against.”

“So, with these reapers. Our armies will win?”

Aerin paused, and glanced deep in her uncle’s eyes. “No, with these reapers, our armies will have time.”

“Time for what?”

“That remains cloudy uncle, and entirely up to you.”