The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Nimfonian Takeover

Chapter 5

Author: RelaxationObsession

Admiral Arthur Pike adjusted the communicator pinned to his dress uniform and did his best to steel his nerves. This was likely to be the riskiest assignment of his career. He was bringing the most dangerous creature in a dozen star systems to his doorstep. It wasn’t simply a matter of survival—nothing he knew suggested the Nimfonians inflicted physical harm on their intended targets. What he was risking was his free will. Pike had already made arrangements with Officer Triton to tape his upcoming encounter and broadcast it to the Union of Planets, in case their precautions failed and the aliens succeeded in seducing him. He might become another brainwashed slave... but the word would get out. Mankind would be saved.

Saved from what? A forbidden thought entered his mind as the display on his monitor changed to show one of the beautiful aliens gliding down the corridor to the docking station of Starbase Sigma Alpha. The woman was a vision of loveliness, an enthralling sight men would scale mountains or swim across oceans just to get a glimpse of. If they really wanted to partner with the human race, would that be so bad?

Pike shook his head and took a deep breath, exhaling slowly, practicing the calming exercises Evanora had taught him. Mankind had come this far on their own. They had defeated the Itraxi and spread their message of freedom and democracy to every star system. They weren’t going to hand that legacy over to these conniving witches, however beautiful they might be.

Perhaps Pike was overestimating the threat. His superiors back on Earth were sceptical that the events he claimed to have knowledge of were anything more than lovesick officers falling for exotic damsels in distress. It had been gently suggested that he could consider taking some time off if he didn’t feel he could handle the situation. Officially, he was here to apologize to the Nimfonian delegation for the delay the quarantine had caused. But if he knew these aliens, the moment they had him alone—a high ranking UoP officer, with an entire starbase at his command—they wouldn’t be able to resist jumping at the bait. They would make their move, and then he’d have all the evidence he needed. Evidence that would be all the more convincing if the aliens did succeed in brainwashing him. He shivered at the thought, not entirely from fear.

The Nimfonians had no way of knowing, but Pike had already locked himself out of the Starbase’s systems. Even if they did take over his mind, Officer Triton was in control of the base, and she could hold off the aliens for long enough to broadcast a warning. Pike had even given Triton firm orders to activate the base’s self-destruct if the alternative was granting control to the Nimfonians. He hoped it wouldn’t come to that, but if his training couldn’t keep the Nimfonians out of his head, it was likely nothing could. Starbase Sigma Alpha could be the first shot fired in a very long war. But humanity had won wars before.

The pressurized doors to the airlock hissed open, and two members of the Nimfonian delegation strutted into the room. They might as well have been an army. They certainly looked dressed for battle—skin-tight silver hugged every memorable curve of their bodies and sparkled with each step they took. Admiral Pike verified his communicator was set to record one last time, then began to brace himself. Whatever happened next, it was for the good of humanity. For the entire Union.

“Admiral. It’s wonderful to be able to finally meet you in person.” Pike recognized the woman speaking as Nayora. Her smile was warm and inviting, the smile of a lover you hadn’t seen in years. She had held one outstretched hand towards him. Pike knew that even physical contact with these creatures could be dangerous, and grasped her hand quickly before letting go. One soft finger stroked his wrist in the split second their hands were together, her beautiful eyes never leaving his.

Eyes. Best to avoid staring into them for too long. Pike diverted his gaze, looking back in the direction of the Starbase on the other side of the sealed door. “Yes. My apologies for the delay. We had to be certain it was safe, for your sake and for ours. Without proper medical testing, we bore the risk of a pathogen jumping the species barrier and putting both our races at risk.”

“We are lucky to be in the hands of such capable hosts.” The other woman spoke up, her face beaming adoration in Pike’s direction. “I’m Felicia.”

Pike extended one hand. Felicia stepped forward as if she planned to shake it, then wrapped Pike in a warm hug. Pike froze for a moment, half-expecting the woman to attack him with further advances, but he felt nothing other than a quick peck on the cheek and the sensation of a firm pair of breasts pressed up against his body.

“I’m sorry if my companion is too forward.” Nayora was smiling sympathetically. “Our race has considerably different standards of intimacy than your own, we’re still learning to adjust.”

Pike realized he was at risk of requiring some adjusting himself, but did his best to maintain his composure. He couldn’t be seen as the instigator to whatever happened next. “I’m sure our differences are far from irreconcilable. Has Captain West briefed you on the terms of the treaty you’ll be signing with the Union of Planets?”

Felicia turned to Nayora with a questioning look. All the Nimfonian women seemed ageless, they could be twenty or two hundred for all Pike knew. Still, something in their bearing suggested Nayora was Felicia’s senior. Felicia had more of a playful look in her eyes as she stole flirtatious glances at him. There was something in the way she rested her hand on one hip, like she knew what she had and was eager for him to take a bite. He could picture her hands directing his eyes on a tour of her body, sliding between those pert breasts, and wandering down past the outline of her navel on to the feminine treasure below...

“He has.” Nayora looked him in the eyes, pulling his attention back to her. “Has he also informed you of the rituals our people partake in before sealing an alliance?”

That took Admiral Pike by surprise. He’d barely exchanged a dozen words with Captain West since he’d determined that the officer had been compromised. “Perhaps you could remind me.”

Nayora smiled at him, the look in her eyes suggesting she knew she could claim anything at this point. “It’s quite simple, really. There are only three stages. The ritual of trust. The ritual of connection. And the ritual of release.”

Pike took a step back, weighing his options. He already didn’t like the sound of this. If they could pull off a seduction and disguise it under the trappings of simply being part of their culture, he would have no proof to offer his superiors. “Fascinating. I will take the time to study up.”

“Admiral.” Felicia stepped forward, her doe eyes suggesting nothing but pure admiration. “There is some urgency. Many of our other sisters are fleeing Itraxi rule, and they need an alliance with the Union of Planets to secure safe passage.”

“I understand, but...” Pike quickly tried to think of an excuse.

“Please, Admiral.” Nayora glided in closer to him. The intoxicating scent of her wafted into his nostrils, sending his head spinning. Breathing her in was clearly as dangerous as looking at her. “We’ve waited so long already. I know it’s been beyond your control, but we can’t afford to delay any longer. Lives are at stake.”

Damnit. If his superiors were listening, they might decide to take the whole operation away from him if he refused. They’d send in some greenhorn to do the job, some hotshot young rookie eager to make a name for himself without his level of caution... and willpower.

“Very well.” Pike sighed. He had no choice but to hold out for as long as possible, and hope he could force their hand. “What do the three rituals involve?”

Both women smiled broadly, a confident smile, like they knew they had him. “First, the ritual of trust.” Nayora began. She slid even closer to him, until mere inches separated them. “I need you to look into my eyes.”

Pike flinched. Even if he hadn’t been warned by Officer Triton, he already had reason to be wary of what their eyes could do. “For how long?”

“Just a few minutes.” Felicia steadied herself by placing an arm on his shoulder, then turned to stand behind him. “We know your time is very valuable.”

“Admiral.” Nayora’s eyes had a twinkle in them as Pike pulled his gaze away from Felicia’s generously advertised posterior that swished past him. “My eyes are up here.”

Pike flushed like an embarrassed teenager, and steeled his courage to look Nayora directly in the eyes. They were quite large... they would have seemed too full for the face of any human woman, but on her they were perfect. They were a vibrant shade of green... but the longer he stared, the more it seemed like they had other secrets hidden deep in them, like they were really a calming shade of blue.

“Your eyes.” Pike spoke the words deliberately, knowing the communicator would pick them up. “They change color, don’t they?”

“Very gooood, Admiral.” Nayora murmured the words like she was rewarding a loyal pet. “Unlike humans, we have no natural eye color. Our irises transmute according to our emotional state, their luminescence can cover the entire range of your visible light spectrum.”

It was clearly true. Pike watched the colors shift and melt into each other. He felt almost light-headed, like he could watch it for hours. “It’s almost a hypnotic effect.”

This time it was Felicia who took the bait. “Such a wise man. Our species evolved this ability on our home world, allowing us to rise to the top of the food chain even before we evolved higher intelligence. Our ancestors were able to domesticate other species with little effort, and mesmerize any predator that came to hunt them.”

Or any prey. Pike thought to himself. Felicia had brought her hands up to the side of his head, holding him in place. She began lightly massaging his temples.

“The eyes are the windows to the soul, you know.” Nayora spoke the words softly. Pike was becoming so relaxed by the sight before him that it was easy to forget the mesmerizing light show was attached to another living entity. That the words were coming from somewhere other than his own mind. “We developed the ritual of trust to ensure any bond our people make comes from the deepest place of sincerity. Heart to heart. Mind to mind. Spirit to spirit.”

“Body to body.” Felicia murmured, as Pike felt the tips of her breasts brush against him.

Admiral Pike’s head was spinning. “Is it...”

“Shhhh.” Felicia whispered in her ear, as she continued her slow massage of his temples. “Just stare. Deeper and deeper. So relaxed now. Relax and give in.”

Pike wasn’t sure when it had happened, but the two women were now standing close enough to him to feel both of their bodies pressed up against his. Nayora’s full pouty lips were a brush away from meeting his. Felicia’s firm breasts pressed into his back. And those intoxicating hypnotic eyes, sending him deeper and deeper into the spiral of colors. Deeper and deeper. More and more relaxed.

No. Pike tried to shake himself, but Felicia kept his head firmly in place. He had to resist. He had to fight this. He had to relax. He had to go deeper and deeper. Deeper and deeper until...

It might have been seconds, minutes, or hours later. But the next thing he was consciously aware of was Nayora kissing him tenderly, her soft gentle lips brushing up against his and filling his head with sweet madness. Felicia was whispering sweetly in his ear, telling him to relax and give in, just let himself go. She was whispering so quietly, below what the communicator could pick up...

Admiral Pike jerked himself free, breathing heavily. It took him a moment to reassure himself that he was still his own man. Nayora had pulled back as well, a devilish smile on her face. “I appreciate you being so understanding of our culture, Admiral. The bond we form here will be the foundation our species build on.”

Pike nodded as if he understood what that meant, while being extremely grateful the camera in his communicator was angled to miss the growing stiffness in his dress uniform. “What’s next?”

“The ritual of connection.” Felicia bent over unexpectedly, giving him a slow motion view of her firm ripe ass that promised sweet fulfillment to his aching erection. She wiggled it slightly—Pike’s eyes were as locked onto the sight as surely they had been to Nayora’s hypnotic eyes—and scooped herself back up, with a bottle of oil in one hand. “We must anoint each other with the Oil of Oaths.”

By Earth, what are these creatures? Pike thought to himself, not trusting himself to say anything as he tried to keep from breathing heavily into the microphone in his communicator. Nayora must have noticed his tension, because she spoke up. “This oil is one of the few things we saved from our homeworld, after the Itraxi took it away from us. It has traveled a thousand light years to make it to this moment, in preparation for a day our people could finally know peace.“

“So much for my uniform.” Pike muttered to himself, realizing he had no choice but to go along with the charade.

“Don’t worry, it’s a bio-active compound. It bypasses inorganic material and soaks directly into the skin. Please, try it on me.” Felicia poured a generous amount of the oil into Pike’s hands and turned away from him, stretching her body out. That full round ass was begging for his attention, as she swayed it back and forth in the air slowly. “You can start at my shoulders.”

“Go on, Admiral.” Nayora was smiling at him, her eyes suggesting he need do nothing but enjoy himself. “It would be our honor.”

Might as well get this over with quickly. Pike awkwardly brought one hand onto Felicia’s shoulder, and was surprised by how smooth the silvery outfit felt. With his eyes closed, he could have believed he was touching the exotic woman’s skin. And sure enough, the oil left no smear on her outfit. Pike spread it around her shoulders and upper back, and the sweet smelling oil settled into her flesh. Felicia’s eyes were closed, and she seemed to be moaning softly as it seeped in. What was this substance, that could affect even these women?

Nayora poured more oil into his hands. “Please, continue Admiral. Don’t waste a drop of it.” Pike looked up and down Felicia’s body, weighing the dangers that lay ahead for him. The small of her back. Those endless legs. The perfect pulchritude of that posterior that he wanted nothing more than to bury his manhood in.

Nayora took his hands in hers and pressed them onto Felicia’s body, not allowing him a moment to hesitate or find his bearings. As he rubbed up and down Felcia’s sides at Nayora’s insistence, Pike’s instincts began to take over, and his rubs turned into caresses. Slow, sensual strokes, piloting around her flawless curves. Pike slowly brought his hands up her legs, and allowed himself multiple blissful squeezes of that tempting rump that had been occupying his thoughts for what felt like hours. His fingers kneaded that perfect ass-flesh for a timeless stretch, feeling that ripe perfection in his hands. Felicia sighed in ecstasy and wiggled her rear end as its flesh yielded to Pike’s eager hands. It took a tremendous force of will for Pike to make himself release his grip, telling himself he was only doing what was absolutely required of him.

Felicia turned around, warmth and gratitude shining on her face. Nayora poured some more oil onto his hands and handed the bottle to Felicia. “Please.” Nayora uttered calmly, running her hand slowly down the front of her body. “Do me.”

Nayora’s eyes were fixed on his, her lips moist, and slightly parted. Before he had a chance to even process what was happening, Felicia took one of his hands and guided it onto Nayora’s navel. And then the battle was lost. Pike felt himself rubbing in the sweet smelling substance, up and down her incredible body, into her waist and the delicate outline of her navel, until he reached the culmination of his voyage when Felicia coaxed him into massaging circles around the skin-tight fabric that housed Nayora’s voluptuous breasts. Pike felt more intoxicated than he ever had from all the mind-altering substances partaken in a career’s worth of shore leaves. Her body was pure fantasy, an erotic dream come to life, every inch begging to be touched and worshipped. Pike finally let his hands slip away from the harmonious perfection of the woman before him when the oil in his hands dissipated, breathing a sigh of relief that at last it was over.

The next thing he knew the last contents of the bottle were being emptied into Felicia’s hands, and a sweet sticky substance was being pressed into his shoulders. Admiral Pike gasped and felt his whole body shiver. He had to have absorbed some of it into his hands already, but this... this was more intense than he could have imagined. Everywhere the oil soaked into his flesh, he felt his nerves come alive, every cell of his skin starting to tingle, every hair standing on end, every receptor tuned to maximal pleasure. And the women didn’t stop. Tenderly running their fingers down his chest, up his legs... there was a sound of a clasp coming unfastened, and Pike felt his arousal down below reach new heights. His eyes were closed, his mind too overloaded by the physical sensations running through him to even think of processing sight or sound. He couldn’t tell if his rock hard erection was being lovingly stroked, or if he was simply brought to the limits of his endurance by the effects of the oils on the rest of his body and those soft hands rubbing it in. He felt all his energy coming to his limit, all his willpower, all his strength present in the intense erection his goddesses were about to bring to completion.

A drop of oil splashed onto the ground and Pike froze, momentarily regaining composure. He quickly brought his hands down to cover himself. When he opened his eyes, Felicia was turning over the last of the bottle and letting it drip onto his feet. She smiled at him. “There we go, all done. Thank you for sharing this with us. Was that so bad?”

“Not even slightly.” Pike wheezed. If there turned out to be nothing to his suspicions after all, he knew he could never release this footage to the public. All hope of decorum was gone, he had to hope whatever happened next sufficed as proof. “What’s left?”

“Now, we pledge our loyalty to each other. The ritual of release.” It might have been his imagination, but Nayora seemed to be studying with him an erotic hunger that matched his own. She swayed gracefully towards him, coming to a stop with her pelvis uncomfortably close to his, and her eyes directly in his line of sight. Nayora rested one hand on his side, as if they were about to dance.

“I’m not sure I know...” Pike began.

“It’s fine.” Felicia was whispering in his ear. “You can just repeat after me.”

“With open hearts.” Nayora’s eyes had stabilized in color for long enough for Pike to appreciate the sensual way in which her lips formed her words, like she was kissing the air.

“And open eyes.” Felicia whispered in his ear. Pike repeated the words, feeling his own eyes widen as he did.

“With open souls.” Nayora’s eyes were beginning to pick up in intensity, as the colors within them began to shift.

“And open minds.” Felicia said in a breathy whisper. Pike repeated the words and felt himself relaxing into the colors.

“Together we join together.” The hypnotic light show in Nayora’s eyes showed no sign of slowing down.

“Without fear or resistance.” Felicia was practically nibbling on his ear. Pike repeated the words, trying to hold onto the fact that fear and resistance should be exactly what was on his mind.

“I promise to protect and respect our human allies.” A small smile seemed to be creeping onto Nayora’s face.

“And I promise to love, worship, and obey my Nimfonian goddesses.” Felicia sealed the words with a kiss.

“I promise to love, worship and obey...” Pike began repeating the words dumbly, then froze. His eyes snapped open. “Aha!”

Pike took a step back, barely able to steady himself. Nayora had an innocent smile on her face. “Our customs must seem strange to you, but this tradition goes back for longer than your species has been around. It may not translate well...”

“Don’t lie to me!” Pike waved one finger in the air. “You’re trying to brainwash me! Just like you did to the Itraxi! Just like you did to Captain West!”

Nayora and Felicia exchanged a knowing look. Felicia seemed like she was trying to keep herself from giggling. “But of course.” Nayora responded.

Admiral Pike froze for a second. Could this really have been that easy? “You mean you admit it? You’ve been taking over the minds of our crew?”

“I wouldn’t say we’ve taken anything.” Nayora was closing the distance between them. She pressed one fingernail against her chest, and the silver satiny material parted as if on an invisible seam, revealing her magnificent mammaries to the open air. “We’ve simply presented ourselves, advertised the pleasures we can provide. And our victims all give up their minds willingly.” Her large pink nipples were pointing directly at him, as her gravity defying breasts grew ever closer. “Just like you’re going to.”

Felicia drew one fingernail onto her back, and her skin-tight outfit peeled away, revealing the perfectly tan tender flesh lying underneath. The sight of her exposed ass was beyond what Pike could have imagined, more erotic than that of a trillion Earth women. Felicia placed her hands on her round rump and swayed it in the air, keenly aware of his attention. “Don’t worry, you’ll enjoy it. They always do.”

Backing away from both of the entrancing visions of loveliness before him, Pike realized he could hold out no longer. “Do it now, Triton!” Pike belted out. “Send the recording!”

Back in her quarters, Officer Titon took a moment’s rest from playing with herself to become dimly aware of her name being called on the feed. Realized it was only Admiral Pike, Triton smiled to herself, thinking of how lucky that man was. Triton squeezed one breast, pinching her nipple, as she thought of the rewards her goddesses had promised her in exchange for her services. The thought made her shiver. Trion slipped two fingers down below, watching the glamorous seduction play out on screen and dreaming of when it would be her turn to serve her goddesses next.

Back in the docking bay, Pike had slipped down onto the floor, resting his back against the sealed doors. “There. You can do what you want to me.” Pike wheezed. “Word will get out. Your reign of terror has ended.”

“On the contrary.” The voice came from behind him, at the same time Pike heard a hissing sound and felt the doors give way. “It’s only just begun.”

Pike looked up in dread as he recognized the voice. “Evanora! You have to run. They’ll take you...” It took him far longer than it should have to realize what was amiss. Evanora was completely naked. Her body was beautiful... even more so than he had suspected. The harmony of her features took his breath away, nearly sending him into erotic shock. He had never seen perfection like that. The implausible beauty of her curves was almost supernatural... almost inhuman...

Pike scraped himself backwards in fear as the three women slithered closer. “No... this is impossible.”

“It’s all right, Arthur.” Evanora whispered. Her hands lazily explored her body, enjoying his inability to look away. “Deep down, you always knew. This is what you’ve always wanted. What I’ve been preparing you for.”

Pike shook his head. Had a part of him imagined this could be true? Hoped even? No. A grim smile took over his face. “If the Union doesn’t hear from me within the next three hours, I’ve told them to assume the worst. Your trickery will be finally exposed. Even if it costs my own life.”

Felicia giggled, her laugh like the tinkling of silver bells. “There will be no need for that. You’ll be there yourself. To tell them everything is fine.” Felicia placed both hands on her ass and began swaying it in slow circles.

“Everything is fine.” Evanora whispered in Pike’s right ear, nibbling gently on his earlobe.

“You want to unite with us.” Felicia spoke with complete confidence, as she backed the twin gloves of her ass up against the erection straining for release from his dress uniform.

“Unite with us.” Nayora was whispering in his left ear now. Pike could barely focus on her words, with Felicia’s hypnotic ass gyrating in front of him, and Evanora continuing to murmur sweet promises of erotic submission in his right ear.

“I can’t...” Pike felt himself held down by strong arms as his uniform slid off him. His aching erection sprung free, where it immediately made contact with the perfectly rounded posterior of the alien goddess Felicia. Pike felt the tip of his erection enter into a engulfing moist warmth that threatened to drown out everything else in his awareness. Pike shook his head as Felicia slowly wiggled her ass, sending sweet symphonies of pleasure into his mind. “I have to resist...”

“Yes... resist. Show us all of your resistance” Nayora whispered in one ear, while Evanora sweetly harmonized with her words in his other ear. “Fight this pleasure. Hold out for as long as you can. Use up all your will before you give in.”

Felicia let the tip of Pike’s erection slip out of her for one agonizing second, then mercilessly ground down on him, taking his entire length deep inside her moist heaven. Nayora adjusted herself so her pert breasts came to rest on Pike’s face, as her mesmerizing eyes bored into his, draining him of his will as surely as Felicia’s smooth slick fucking promised to drain him of his sperm. And all the while Evanora’s sweet sensual voice, the voice he had slowly been conditioned to trust and listen to as if it were his own, sang into his mind about the endless bliss that awaited him when he surrendered.

“Surrender.” Felicia moaned as she clenched down on his cock. The slick wetness of her alien vagina seemed to mold itself around his cock, taking complete control of his arousal and filling his most sensitive organ with an electrifying warmth.

“Surrender.” Nayora commanded, gently swaying her breasts in his vision, an eye-catching sight that would have held any man transfixed if not for the competition of her swirling irises, shifting through the rainbow and coaxing Pike’s mind into a pure alpha state.

“Surrender.” Evanora whispered, her hands gently stroking Pike’s temples, and occasionally finding their way to parts of his body that the others neglected, where his last pieces of resistance seemed to lie, showing that nothing could withstand his alien goddess’s charm.

“You belong to us.” Felicia ground down on his cock in slow rocking motions, her movements punctuating her words so he would forever associate them with pleasure.

“You worship us.” Nayora allowed one nipple to slip into Pike’s mouth as his dazed and overwhelmed mind continued to follow the endless spiral of her eyes, wanting nothing more than to fuck and suck and obey.

“You need us.” Evanora reassured him, placing soft kisses along his neck, convincing Pike’s mind to accept all the pleasure he was receiving.

“Our bodies entrance you.” Felicia quickened her pace, grinding onto Pike’s rock hard member to send rapid waves of pleasure into his mind, draining away all resistance.

“Our wills dominate you.” Nayora leaned in closer, as her swirling orbs began to fill the entirety of Pike’s vision.

“Our voices manipulate you.” Evanora whispered, her sweet words sounding like they could be his own thoughts.

Felicia began to pull back for what felt like it had to be her final attack on his agonized erection. “Cum... and surrender.”

Nayora’s eyes filled Pike’s vision and sped up in their hypnotic swirl. “Cum... and give in to us.”

Evanora whispered her final command right as Felicia ground onto Pike in one powerful clench. “Cum... and be brainwashed.”

Evanora’s entrancing words, Nayora’s mesmerizing eyes, and Felicia’s sensual fucking combined in Pike’s mind in one final supreme moment of ecstasy. Pike felt his hatred for this women, all of his resistance, slip away as the sensation in his cock reached its peak. Nuzzling Nayora’s nipple in his mouth, Pike felt himself thrust forward and explode into Felicia. He felt his vision go white as his will completely drained away, all of his self-control vanishing into the sensual nirvana of his mistresses. And all the while, the three women continued their erotic assault, encouraging him, praising him, slipping suggestions into his open and vulnerable mind, all while preparing his body for the next round of climax and conditioning.

The quarantine was lifted within the hour. Admiral Pike radioed back a profuse apology to his superiors, who made a note of his unusual behavior, but thought nothing else of it. Within a week, Nimfonian delegations were arriving on Earth itself. Within a month, one of the beautiful alien women could be found on the arm of every leader of the Union of Planets. Within a year, their coup was complete.

Very little changed for most of the citizens of the Union of Planets, their predecessors’ policies of peaceful expansion through diplomacy and alliance building were ultimately continued by the new powers behind the throne, with some of the more difficult negotiations handled with the help of a Nimfonian attache. Within a century, the Itraxi were all but forgotten, and the rise of the Union of Planets seemed inevitable to rest of the galaxy. A new peace had overtaken galactic politics, with one race positioned at the center, for all to admire and envy. While another hid in the shadows.

And so it remained for some time.

* * *

“So these are the spoils of empire.” Viceroy Jannar eyed their new guests appreciatively. The delegation of female aliens was from a race rumored to be the prefered romantic companions of the human ruling class. He couldn’t fault the humans for their taste: Amagans prided themselves on their eye for beauty and symmetry, and the curves on these aliens had a delicate perfection he doubted the humans were capable of appreciating.

“Don’t let them hear you say that.” Executor Laren said in a low voice. “The humans always insisted they never ran an empire. Their web of control was diplomatic and economic, but they shied away from brute force.”

“No one respects the humans more than I do.” Viceroy Jannar continued studying one of the beautiful creatures as he spoke... what were they called, Nimfonians? One of them had bent over to examine the deck, advertising her form in what would have been considered a mating ritual on many planets. “The Union of Planets was critical in the development of our culture. And now, we’ve grown beyond it. Our science and engineering is starting to exceed what their best techs have come up with. We’re the new center of the galaxy. And the universe is beginning to notice.”

Viceroy Jannar turned to Executor Laren, who was staring at one of the members of the Nimfonian delegation. The alien woman seemed to notice the attention they were receiving, and was beginning to walk in their direction.

“Humans were the dominant species in the galaxy for over a thousand years.” Executor Laren spoke quickly, his tone making it clear it was time to wrap up their conversation. “We would be lucky if our success reaches a similar height. We would do well to remember that no species remains in power forever. Not the Itraxi, not the humans, and not us.”

Viceroy Jannar stood up straight as one of the alien women grasped Executor Laren’s hand, and stared into his eyes admiringly. Even as he appreciated the mathematical flawlessness of the alien before him, Jannar spared one last thought for Laren’s words. Ruling the galaxy forever... ridiculous.