The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Nine to Hive

Day Six

A mumbled susurration tickled through her ears, her consciousness floating through her jumbled mindscape without being able to concentrate on anything. There was a blast of light, a rumbling of noise and suddenly she was elsewhere.

Fiery explosions rocked the gritty landscape around her, dry soil spitting up clouds of dust, specks of rock that peppering her. Shying away from the disorienting change, she almost stumbled to her knees, flailing her arms to stabilize herself.

Up ahead were irregular columns of shapes, undulating in waves. It took her a little while to realize that they were rows of people clad in yellow, forming up in battle lines with all sorts of fearsome looking weaponry. Interspersed in the yellow troops were pinpricks of red figures shouting commands. A loud roar rose on the right flank, catching her attention. Part of the line started charging forward, the sounds of weapons clashing loud enough to reach her position.

Curious about the battle, but unsure of what she ought to be doing, she glanced at herself, trying to get a feel for the situation. She felt strangely unhurried as she did the self-evaluation. Her body was coated in layer of purple latex as a second skin, but the thin layer only acted as a base coating. Mounted on top were tight armor plates that almost looked like some kind of exoskeleton. It should have been difficult for her to move in the armor, but somehow it was neatly layered such that all jointed areas could be flexed easily. Her boots looked impressive, massive armored heels feeling weighty to her as she took a step. The only area that wasn’t armored was her head, which she was unable to evaluate properly due to the gauntlets on her hands. A sword in its scabbard hung gently from her right hip. The feel of the tongue ring against the roof of her mouth confirmed that the recent physical changes made in reality had followed her into her dreams. A tight latex hood that clung tightly to her skull signaled the fact that she was most likely still bald.

Her situation should have caused her to be more worried, but by this point she was more resigned than scared. Her future seemed to be following a rote path towards submission to the hive without pause. She certainly didn’t look much different than her doppelganger had in the previous dream – speaking of which, where was her duplicate now?

More explosions peppered the field, none of them close to her this time. Nearby was a series of tents, flags waving from their tops in a light breeze. The battlefield was surrounded by rolling hills, and the sky was strangely colored. It seemed likely that she was stuck in the dreamscape again, in the middle of a violent conflict. But who was fighting who, and what were they fighting over?

A small group of black armored troops rushed up to her as she continued to try and make sense of the situation. “My queen, why do you sit and stare at the battle? Please come away to the command tents so you’re out of range of their artillery!”

Confused by the appellation, she assented and allowed them to close ranks around her and escort her back to the largest tent. As they approached, she was able to get a closer look at the flag. A ferocious purple dragon drew the eye to the center, iridescent colors flickering in shadow as the flag rippled in the wind. In a regal pose, the dragon’s head was crowned with gold, a scepter cradled in one arm. Around the legs of the dragon kneeled various figures dressed in standard hive colors. It was a standard fit for a queen, but not one of any normal terrestrial empire.

She had more questions than answers, but her escort didn’t look like they were in a question answering mood. One of them raised the flap on the tent and gestured inside while the others halted and saluted. “All hail the queen!”

A group of soldiers in black surrounded a single figure in orange, all eyes on a map table that crowded the center of the room. The table had a miniature layout of the local area, the battlefield neatly fitting in a punch bowl of terrain surrounded on all sides by hills. Through the central area ran an inverted V-shaped ridge, neatly splitting the opposing forces into opposite sides as they fought over broken ground.

Stepping up to the map, Suzy exclaimed in surprise at seeing an orange-suited Nancy poring over the table, murmuring to herself. “Nancy!” she exclaimed brightly, happy to see a familiar face in a sea of uncertainty. “Can you tell me what’s going on here? I’m really confused!”

“I’m sorry, your highness, I’m not actually Nancy,” the Nancy look-a-like said briskly. “I’m literally a figment of your imagination, and you’re at war.” She shrugged. “You might as well call me Nancy anyway; I’m a reconstruction of what your brain thinks Nancy is like.”

Shocked, but not entirely surprised, Suzy stared at Nancy intently, narrowing her eyes. “A war for what, precisely?”

“The explanation is complicated, but in the end, the war is simple – this is your mind, and we’re fighting for independence.” The warriors surrounding the table cheered.

“Unfortunately, we’re losing. Badly.” Not-Nancy gestured at the map table, which was pockmarked with a bunch of tiny figurines. “We’ve been fighting for days, with limited success, after an ambush took us by surprise. See, look here.”

Her finger ran down the right side of the ridge. “Just a few days ago we were assaulted by a hidden heavy mixed force of hive slavers. We were able to fight them off, but only with heavy casualties.”

“What happens to soldiers that are lost or are captured?” asked Suzy curiously.

“They are de-rezzed,” replied Nancy. “Taken out of action temporarily and eventually turned against us after the hive has an opportunity to convert them. Unfortunately, we don’t have that advantage. Any troops we defeat simply vanish. We’re still not quite sure what happens to them.” She made a face. “Or, to be more accurate, you don’t know. We don’t really know anything you haven’t learned.”

Suzy made a moue of distaste. “So, in short, we’re in an unwinnable war, and my proxies don’t know anything more than I do. Fantastic. What’s the current situation on the ground?”

Pointing back at the map, her assistant laid out the battlefield. “The heavies that attacked us the first day are still on the right side, harrying our flanks. Their presence is pinning down forces we could use for counterattacks elsewhere. We have mainly soldiers and workers over there for defense, with a few overseers thrown in for general direction. The workers have built a wall from hive matrix which the soldiers are using to great effect.”

She traced a finger over to the left side of the ridge. “We’ve concentrated the troops that have more initiative over here, the hope being that we’d be able to come up with a plan to counterattack. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to come up with a plan that’s successful. Every time we drive a wedge into their line and roll up a battalion of their soldiers, another one marches in from the hive’s reinforcements.” She huffed, annoyed. “If we had that many troops in reserve, we could have won a long time ago.”

Nancy tapped a finger on the center of the map. “This is the focal point, where most of the skirmishes have been occurring. Strangely there hasn’t been much attempt to flank us, but every so often they send scouting troops to buzz the lines, try to see how alert we are. We think they’re trying to make us complacent so when they send in the big attack we’ll think it’s another scouting group until it’s too late.”

“The worst part is that we don’t know where the enemy queen is. She’s been elusive, making sure to stay behind the protection of her heavies. She shows up when least expected and influences the battles indirectly by her very presence, demoralizing our troops. We can’t seem to nail her down.”

She straightened up and sighed, worry lines deep on her face. “To be honest, we’re not going to last another day. We’re not even going to last another hour. The reality is, this is up to you, always has been. You need to challenge the enemy queen and make a final stand. Win or lose, this ends today.”

“What happens…if I lose?” Suzy asked, not entirely sure she wanted to hear the answer.

“Your brain gets drained and you become a mindless drone,” replied not-Nancy flatly. “If that isn’t what you want, you better hope you don’t lose.”

Suzy was taken aback by the blunt comment, but understood the implications. If she didn’t step up here and win the fight, she’d be spackling walls in the hive with goop or stuck on a mindless security detail – permanently. “That’s grim. Is there a plan?”

“Not much of one, admittedly,” she said, shaking her head. “You need to draw the queen out and challenge her to a duel, one on one. It has to be quick, too, before the enemy has a chance to throw another wave of brainless troops at us.”

Suzy pondered, looking at the map. “We won’t attract the enemy queen’s attention unless it looks like we’re actually going to succeed at breaking through her lines.” She said this with more confidence than she felt, willing it to be true.

“The skirmishing troops have been at the center of our lines, so I’m going to guess that the queen is nearby. Even if we were able to make a flanking attack work, they’d likely plug the lines with reinforcements that we can’t match. I opt for a full front assault on the center and hope we can draw the queen to us. Does that make sense?” Suzy raised her eyebrows at the Nancy look-a-like.

Nancy smirked at her. “Why are you asking me? I don’t know any better than you do. It’s certainly worth a try, since if you fail I won’t even exist anymore.”

She waved at the door of the tent. “Let’s get to it, we won’t win by waiting. Oh, and you’ll need these.” Suzy caught a helmet that was lazily tossed to her.

The same dragon from the flag flying above the tent graced the helmet in a rearing pose, gold filigree tracing the veins and curves of the metal. Wearing this helmet would make her look fierce! Suzy smiled wanly, pleased at her imagination and strangely looked forward to the battle ahead.

“Stop staring and put it on! You’ll need this too!” Nancy pushed a long, wicked looking spear into her arms. “Don’t let her fight you one on one, you’ll lose. Couch this in your arm and ram her through! That’s the quickest way to end this! Best of luck - I’ll be protecting your back on the battlefield!”

She patted Suzy on the shoulder and left the tent, shouting outside for the troops to muster. Still dazed at the suddenness of the situation, Suzy reflected on the changes that had occurred. She had gone from plain Jane office worker to an outcast queen fighting for her kingdom against an implacable corporate hive machine. The scenario hardly seemed real, she felt like she was on a TV reality show of some kind. Yet if she didn’t suit up and go out there, she’d probably end up brain dead. Not much of an option, really. Not much of an option at all. She jammed the helmet on her head, hefted the spear in one arm, and marched towards destiny.

* * *

Suzy rode towards battle on the back of a creature that only superficially resembled a horse. It was more accurately the simulacrum of a horse generated from what she thought horses looked like. Not being a country girl, the proportions and motions of the horse weren’t quite right, but the ride wasn’t too bumpy. On her right side rode the orange suited soldier that looked like Nancy, her helmet sporting an angry griffin.

As she approached the front lines, she realized that there must be a lull in the fighting, as the air was deathly calm. The troops ahead on the line were relaxing, a few forward scouts ready to alert them to enemy presence at a moment’s notice. A small group of mounted soldiers broke off from the main regiment and rode towards her as she trotted up, one of them bearing her standard.

Suzy felt a jolt of surprise as she recognized the leader, who looked like the spitting image of Lainey, her rotund body clad in red armor that shone like blood in the unnatural light of the dream. She had to pause and forcefully remind herself that this was not Lainey, just a very good looking copy of her. “My Queen,” the Lainey copy said formally, “we have done our best to hold the center, but our numbers are dwindling. What is your plan?”

“The best defense is a good offence,” Suzy replied, parroting some clichéd advice about war she vaguely remembered from somewhere. “We need to form into a wedge, cavalry first, with the infantry behind as a second line. We’ll ride ahead and punch a hole in the enemy’s lines. The infantry will need to be there to take advantage of our attack. We’ll push as far as we can go, hopefully forcing the enemy leader to appear, at which point I’ll lead the attack against her.”

“It will be as you say,” said Lainey jovially, saluting Suzy with her sword.

She pulled a bugle out of her saddlebags and played two series of low pitched notes leading to high ones, followed by several trills. At the sound of the horn, the milling troops straightened up, collected their gear, and started to form their regiments. The cavalry mounted their horses and circled around, getting closer together in preparation for the wedge formation.

Lainey saluted Suzy. “It would be my honor to serve at your side, my queen.” Her cadre neatly slotted itself into her group’s right flank.

Suzy stiffened her back for the fight ahead, took the reins and directed her pseudo horse to the front. A small cheer grew to a dull roar as she rode through the lines, waving at her soldiers as she passed. Arrayed in shiny armor, their grim demeanor and cheerfulness belied a general feeling of helplessness that seemed to hang over them all like a pall.

“You’ve waited long enough!” shouted Suzy. “I know the despair you feel, but none of it matters now! We’ll crush the enemy, break through their lines, and defeat their leader! Follow me!”

Her brave words weren’t enough to dispel the mood, but the crowd cheered louder all the same. The ranks of infantry closed behind her, gathering together into two lines, their weapons shining in the harsh dreamscape sun. The cavalry gathered around her, quickly forming a wedge with her at the center. Suzy wasn’t particularly surprised to see a facsimile of Shiori dropping into position on her left, the fake Lainey on her right. It was fitting - her mind was gathering all of her greatest allies today for the final assault. If they failed, there wouldn’t be enough left of any of them to care.

They pushed forward, dust clouds rising from the hoofs of burdened beasts, their riders quiet in the face of imminent battle. To their left and right flanks more cavalry were forming up into their own companies, ready to charge. An advance scout clad in orange galloped up to the lead elements, reining her horse to a trot to match the rest of the cavalry. The formation slowed and loosened up to allow the scout access to Suzy’s position.

“My queen,” the scout said briskly. She gestured ahead of the column. “Just over the next rise sits the enemy’s army. Their scouts have spotted our preparations and they are in the middle of forming up. If we attack fast and hard enough, we might be able to scatter them before they are able to form a counterattack.” Her horse became jittery as a shell exploded a short distance from the front of their lines. “They have approximately as many troops as we do, and their artillery is accurate. This will be a hard fight!”

“Thanks, it’s up to us now,” said Suzy. “Get back to your unit, we’re about to charge.”

The scout saluted, then twirled and rode off. The formation tightened back up, tension rising as they closed with the enemy. They reached the crest of a gentle slope, the back side rolling down directly into the enemy’s camp. Smoke lingered from extinguished camp fires, the enemy soldiers buzzing like bees to get ready for their assault. A small copse of trees backed the enemy camp.

Suzy narrowed her eyes. Would it be enough? There wasn’t time now to second guess her decision. She hefted her spear and nodded at Lainey, who in response raised the horn she had been cradling in her hands, blowing a staccato rhythm of one pitch followed by a low note.

“Company charge!” shrieked Suzy, sitting up in her saddle and giving her horse a gentle kick. Her gentle ride changed shockingly quickly to a jolting tumble, making it difficult for her to keep the spear level. The company rode with her, matching her speed, hoof beats drumming incessantly on the dusty plain. Horses labored under their heavy armor, the wall of flesh inexorably bearing down on the enemy.

In the end, the enemy was unable to form up before the charge hit, troops trampled under the legs of the rampaging beasts. Those that weren’t crushed were picked off by the riders. Each kill was marked by a gentle buzz, dead enemies disintegrating into thin air, reclaimed by simulation built by her mind.

It was a rout, the enemy unable to put up significant resistance, their camp destroyed by the fierceness of her army. Stragglers were mopped up by the infantry that had just begun to arrive. Still, there were a few casualties, horses without riders; enemy strikes penetrating to take out a few unlucky soldiers. Still, for the most part the attack had been a complete success. Suzy was pleased with the results.

Something was still really bothering her, though. The artillery had stopped after they had finished their assault, but there was no artillery in the camp they had destroyed. If it wasn’t there, where could it have been hidden?

A loud, low toned horn sounded from the woods behind the camp, and enemy troops boiled up from the undergrowth. Artillery shells splashed down, sending billowing clouds of troops into the air. They twirled around in macabre manner before disintegrating into blue fuzz. “Sneak attack!” shouted Suzy, “form up on me!”

Lainey started playing ‘Rally on the Officer,’ but her troops were slow to answer. Some of the infantry had billowed out in front of the cavalry, chasing down the remnants of the enemy. Now, they were caught flatfooted, smashed by the new assault taking shape. Bright flashes of light and sizzling sounds signaled their exit from the arena.

Her forces in disarray, Suzy felt real fear. If they weren’t able to gather fast enough, she and her cavalry would be caught between the enemy infantry and her own troops, unable to maneuver. “Line formation, three rows!” she shouted, hoping they would be in time. The bugler switched to calling ‘Disperse,’ the troops doing their best to obey her commands.

Fortunately for Suzy, the enemy had taken more time than they had expected to wipe out Suzy’s scattered forward troops, giving her time to get the company of horseman back together in a line. Her infantry pushed forward as well, until they were practically behind her cavalry.

At that moment, she spotted a company of enemy horsemen cantering out of the woods. Her eyes fixed on the standard, a purple octopus with many tentacles, its arms protectively curled around multitudes of hive drones. A flash of purple and she could see her opposite number, immaculately armored even in the midst of battle, her ferocious purple eyes startling Suzy. Regal even in the maelstrom of chaos, she directed the battle from the middle of her protective screen. Next to her rode a red fiend, armored only with a striking latex outfit and mounted on an animal that closely resembled a hellhound.

It was exactly what Suzy had wanted, but not in the way she had expected. How was she going to get to the enemy queen before her army collapsed? There had to be a way!

Suzy waved at the Lainey simulacrum. “Signal the attack, everyone push towards the enemy command party. Quick!”

A quick bright tune issued forth from the bugle, and her troops roared, rushing their lines towards the enemy. An unbelievable din rose from the field, swords and hatchets clanging, screams of rage and fear. Bright flashes of light and fizzing signaled the ending of lives. It was a remarkably bloodless affair, dead troopers scattering back into the mysterious mental matrix from whence they had been originally created.

All strategy was thrown out now, each side committed to the fight. It was a brutish affair, the soldiers hammering into each other, crushing, slicing, or cutting in any way they could. There wasn’t room for Suzy’s cavalry company to charge, so they fought from horseback, taking what support they could from the infantry that had come up to help them. They used their superior height and weight advantage to attempt to push the battle forward, trying to get closer to the enemy’s commander.

The artillery fire had relaxed, the enemy trying to avoid hitting their own troops, but now they had new problems. Spell casters in the enemy queen’s company were using their height advantage on their mounts to see over the battlefield and cast fireballs which were punching great holes in Suzy’s lines.

Things were getting desperate – if they didn’t eliminate those casters soon, there wouldn’t be many soldiers left for her to fight with. Her troops in front redoubled their efforts and managed to clear a small hole. She rushed in with her protectors, pushing her company right up to the enemy leader’s flag bearers. In such close quarters she quickly found that her spear was worse than useless, so she tossed it at the enemy, hoping for a lucky hit. She was unsurprised when it hit a shield, doing no damage.

Drawing her sword, she yelled a battle cry and exhorted her horse to push her closer to the fighting. She could catch glimpses of her target, but it might as well have been a million miles, the troops in front fighting viciously to keep their positions. Lainey drew up next to her. “My queen, this is foolhardy! We’re not getting any closer!”

“It doesn’t matter!” said Suzy, “we can’t quit now that we’re this close!”

As soon as the words had left her lips, a huge fireball streaked in from short range, exploding right underneath Lainey’s horse, destroying her and her mount instantly. Suzy’s horse foundered too, struck gravely by shrapnel. She tumbled out of the saddle, dropping her sword as she landed hard on her right shoulder.

“Get up!” yelled the fake Shiori. “You’re a sitting duck down there!”

Dazed, Suzy dragged herself to her feet, frantically looking around for her sword. She spotted it just in time for another explosion to detonate nearby, forcing her to hit the ground again. This time her groping fingers found the hilt. She snatched up the sword and got up, ready to make another attempt.

“Drop it,” came a high, melodious voice.

Suzy looked up, only to discover that she was surrounded. The red lady who sat astride a hellhound had her spear pointed at Suzy’s throat, her eyes spitting purple. A multitude of enemy soldiers had their weapons at the ready, holding back reinforcements from reaching her. Suzy assumed that the last hit had taken out her bodyguards as they were nowhere to be seen. Quickly assessing the situation as hopeless, she cast her sword aside on the ground.

“Very good,” said the enemy teasingly. “My mistress originally thought that you might be special, but it appears that she was wrong. You fall just like all the rest. I’ll enjoy breaking you in.”

Suzy tuned out the boasting, suddenly realizing her mistake. These troops, this battlefield, this was all made up by her mind, constructed whole cloth from what she knew of battles from movies and other sources. Her troops were only demoralized because she felt demoralized. Most battles are won by the intelligence of the generals on each side of the conflict. In this case, it was literally her mind – her strategy, her attack, her battlefield. She had locked herself into thinking that she had to play by the rules. Why was she letting the enemy win? Why were there rules at all?

What would happen if…no, would that really work? She dropped to the ground, trying to make herself as small as possible. A tremendous line of explosions rocked the battlefield, tremendously close to her position. She could hear pieces of rocks bouncing off her armor, the concussion causing her ears to ring. Shortly after the concussion, the sound of a moaning cow echoed throughout the battlefield, followed by the distinctive noise of jet engines. Suzy started to smile grimly – it had worked, and even better than she had expected!

Groaning, she shifted over onto one elbow, then levered herself onto her butt. A wide swatch of the battlefield had been blown up, cut down in a neat line as if harvested by the reaper’s scythe. The red lady who had been accosting her had vanished, and her reinforcements were doing their best to push into the gap. The enemy was recovering quickly, but then she heard the telltale staccato of helicopter blades.

Gunships dropped into view, firing rockets into the enemy horde, side gunners mowing them down with thousands of rounds per minute from their miniguns. The overwhelming attacks broke up the enemy, making them easier to divide and conquer. Within minutes, Suzy’s forces were penetrating the lines with ease, rolling up troops that could no longer support each other due to massive gaps opened up by the heavy ordinance.

Suzy sat there, calmly, watching as her forces tore apart the enemy, satisfied to wait and watch as her troops started mopping up what was left. A faint clapping noise slowly penetrated the ringing in her ears. “Oh, bravo, bravo! That was excellent! Such an exquisite imagination!”

Suzy made an effort to get up, turning to see the enemy queen standing there, clearly amused. Pleasant, upturned lips and high cheekbones combined to make her seem strangely friendly in the bleak, war blasted dreamscape. She wore no armor, clearly confident enough with her powers to neutralize anything that might threaten her. Pale light gleamed from transparent purple latex which hid practically nothing, particularly considering the strict under bust corset she wore that emphasized her assets. The high heeled boots she wore wouldn’t have been out of place on a catwalk, but here they were oddly discordant. Someone who would wear such clothing to a battle was no one to be trifled with.

“I wasn’t quite sure, but you’ve proved it. You DO have the ability to command when you’re pushed far enough.” She touched her nose gently with a shiny purple finger. “I have a good nose for these things, but my assistants didn’t believe me. Pity them, but fortunately for you they’re not the ones who make the decisions.”

She clapped once and the battlefield vanished, the blasted rocky terrain and clashing troops fading away to be replaced with an executive office. The queen sat behind a large oak desk, paperwork stacked in front of her. “Emma Drydon, CEO,” stated a walnut desk wedge. The incongruous corporate atmosphere juxtaposed with her fetish clothing was preposterous. Suzy had to suppress a giggle as the queen flashed a look at her that meant serious business.

“You’ve seen our roles, even experienced them, but you still don’t fit cleanly into any particular one. You wore the yellow, but it didn’t define you. You didn’t give in when I attacked, even when the situation seemed hopeless, meaning that you have more initiative and spunk than the usual office drone. That means you have choice about what will happen next – you’ve met the requirements to become anything you want. This isn’t another test, there’s no going back. Dreams here have power over reality. The hive was built on the dreams of its workers, after all.”

The queen switched to a didactic tone. “Black is for soldiers, protectors of all. Yellow is for workers, who have answered our call. Orange are the trainers, teaching recruits their borders. Red is for overseers, they keep drones within order. Purples are royals, the most powerful you’ll meet, when you bow to their thrall then obedience is complete.” She stared unnervingly at Suzy. “Which one will you choose?”