The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

No One Ever Escapes: Chapter 1

From how it looked drifting in space, nobody would think there were any survivors on the warship. The Hull of the SWS Terranger-4 was crumpled and pockmarked with holes. The Creon ships were small and easy to pick off, but there were so many of them, and the buggers were fast! Terranger-4 was overwhelmed by a swarm of ships, way too many for its laser arrays to destroy.

Commander Lisa Jenkens opened her eyes and realized that she was still breathing. She couldn’t believe her luck! Maybe she’d live to see her 29th birthday after all. This wasn’t the first ship she had served on. The last ship she had served on, she left it in an escape shuttle seconds before it was destroyed.

Once she realized that she wasn’t badly injured, her mind focused on finding survivors. She made her way to the nearest workstation and had the computer scan for life signs.

The engineering crew was dead. Medical team, dead. Assault team, a few survivors. She frowned as she read the report. The Captain was also dead. That left her in charge. It was a gruesome way to obtain her first warship command.

When Lisa joined the Spacefleet at the age of 18, her main ambition was to command a ship before her 30th birthday. She rose through the ranks quickly, partly due to her dedication to duty, and partly because of luck. She had been in many battles with the Creon, a race of aliens who looked sort of like octopuses. There were several stories of how the war had started. All she knew for sure was that both sides had been beating the hell out of each other for close to 15 years now.

Terranger-4 was a product of war. It was a slow, lumbering beast, but it was built to fight and take a lot of punishment. Its hull was triple layered. That’s why Lisa was still breathing. It had multiple laser arrays, plasma cannons, and good old fashioned missiles. Checking the computer showed that it had indeed put up a fight. Four laser array’s burnt out from overuse, 36 missiles fired, and the plasma cannons were exhausted.

Captain Caruthers had given them hell, no surprise there. He was an ill tempered man who had no tolerance for bullshit, no matter who the bullshitter was. Lisa started laughing as she remembered when he punched out an Admiral because he knew she was lying. She thought he was going to be court marshaled, but it turned out Caruthers was right and the Admiral was full of it.

“Hey, what are you laughing at?”

She recognized that voice. It was her best friend Selena, officially known as Lieutenant Hawkens.

“Nothing Selena, just remembering when the Captain decked that Admiral in the face... He didn’t survive.”

Out of a crew of 312, there were only 26 survivors. Lisa was now in charge with Selena as her first officer. While the rest of what was left of the crew worked on getting the ship moving, Lisa and Selena were alone on the bridge. It was amazing how intact the bridge looked compared to the rest of the ship. Even the food replicators were still operational.

“Well Selena, I heard a bit of good news just before we came under attack. Negotiations are underway right now. The Creon want to end this war almost as badly as we do. Destroying their primary homeworld seems to have put them in the mood to talk. Who knows, the war might be over by the time we limp back to Earth.”

Lisa sipped some tea and waited for Selena to reply.

“That’s good.”

“That’s all you have to say?” Lisa asked.

“Yeah.”

“Something’s on your mind, isn’t it?”

Selena closed her eyes and sighed. She took a long drink of her coffee, then looked Lisa in the eye.

“I’m leaving Spacefleet and going back to Earth.”

“And do what?”

“I’m not worried about that. This is the fifth major battle I’ve survived. I’m now a fiver. I’ll be able to live off my pension until something else comes along.”

Anyone else might have believed her, but Lisa and Selena had been friends ever since Selena had joined Spacefleet as a raw Cadet just over five years ago. Something was wrong with her. Lisa was sure of it, had been sure for awhile. Perhaps now it was time to bring her suspicions out into the open.

“You’re not going back to Earth to settle down, are you?”

Selena said nothing.

“I think something’s wrong with you. You hide it well around others, but I can see it. I see it now in your eyes.”

“And what’s that?”

“It really showed during this attack. The ship was shaking and groaning, and you sat there at your station looking way too calm. I saw you sitting there just looking around, watching as people got zapped, and just waiting to see if you were going to get hit. You’re not going back to Earth to settle down. I think you’re going back so you can drink yourself into a stupor and blow your brains out.”

Selena took another long drink of coffee. When she lowered the cup, her face looked completely blank.

“I knew eventually you’d see it. You’re pretty much dead on, though it took you awhile. I don’t know when it started, but it was sometime after the Naranjo was destroyed... You and I got medals, and I just remember not really caring. That night I stayed up all night because I couldn’t sleep.”

She took another drink from her coffee cup.

“I used to have trouble sleeping, you know. I’d have nightmares, fears that we’d be captured or destroyed. But that night was the last night where I couldn’t sleep. I remember the exact minute when I decided that I wasn’t going to come home from this war. It was 2:14 AM. That’s when I admitted to myself that something inside me was broken, and that the fix would involve a long stay at a psych ward where doctors would incessantly barrage me with questions and pump me full of drugs.”

Lisa was surprised to hear her openly admitting all of this. Selena had been hiding her feelings for months. When she thought nobody was around, her face would go blank and she would just space out. She carried out her duties and did a pretty good job pretending that she was just another fine officer determined to win the war and go home to fanfare, interviews, a boyfriend, and maybe even a holomovie deal. Now that the mask was off, Lisa saw that she was in much worse shape then she’d let on.

Selena gave her a sad smile.

“So now you know. I guess you could contact Earth as soon as communications are restored, and I can go home to a family saddened and disheartened by the fact that their daughter, their sister, their aunt, is a raving lunatic. Because that’s the right thing to do, isn’t it? Much better then saying that I died as a hero in battle. Yeah they would all be sad, but they would be proud of me, and they’d heal a lot faster then knowing that I was alive and locked up in a psych ward, in a drugged stupor, learning how to weave baskets or whatever mental patients do nowadays.”

Relieving Selena of duty and notifying Earth was the right thing to do, according to every rulebook Lisa had read. Selena clearly needed psychiatric help. However, Lisa couldn’t help but acknowledge that she had some good points. Right now Selena’s family and her friends back on Earth were so proud of her, so damn proud of her! She saw the pride in their faces when they were on shore leave, saw it in their video messages. On Earth, Selena was a hero just like she was.

Lisa thought back to when she was no older then 13. The family dog had been around since before she was born, and despite being a hardy little mutt, he wasn’t destined to live forever. His health had taken a turn for the worse and that’s when her father had the talk with her. He helped her to understand that sometimes it was better to put an animal out of its misery then to let them go on and suffer.

That logic wasn’t supposed to apply to humans however. According to the powers that be, Selena was supposed to live a long life, maybe have some kids if she wanted them, and be a part of society. There were plenty of doctors who would do everything they could to make this happen. Looking into Selena’s eyes, Lisa knew those doctors wouldn’t get the chance.

“We’ve lost a lot in this war, Selena. We’ve lost more then most people will ever know. If Command finds out about this they’ll boot me out of the service and probably have me thrown in prison, but I see where you’re coming from.”

She took a long drink from her cup of tea.

“I’ll help you, but first I need your help. You can’t quit on me now. With the engine damage we’ve suffered and the skeleton crew, we’re a good two weeks away from Earth. There are 26 people left on this ship and I need every last one of you, and I need you at your very best.”

“I’ve held up this long, I can manage another couple weeks.” Selena replied.

“Good. Once we’re out of enemy territory, I’ll give you an opportunity to head to the infirmary. Grab an auto injector and fill it with whatever strong sedative you can find. Then head to the shuttle bay. If anyone asks, we picked up a distress beacon and I sent you to investigate. I’ll delete any entries that show you were in the infirmary.”

“Then what?”

“Then I suggest you set the auto pilot to take you to the center of the nearest star, and sedate yourself before the shuttle burns up.”

“Totally vaporized. Nobody would ever find me.”

“And when I get back to Earth, I’ll tell everybody that you were a hero who spent her last days doing everything she could to make sure we got home. Your family will receive your pension, they’ll be taken care of. But in order for this to work, I need you to be that hero for me, one last time.”

Selena smiled and fired off a crisp salute. “Yes ma’am!”

While Selena worked to get the operations station back online, Lisa worked on getting them some visuals. The rest of the crew was in the engine room getting a crash course in engineering. Luckily the computer was online and was guiding them step by step. They soon had the ship limping towards home at ¼ light speed.