The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Odyssey”

(mc, nc, f/f, f/m, sf)

DISCLAIMER:

This material is for adults only; it contains explicit sexual imagery. If you are offended by this type of material or you are under legal age in your area, do NOT continue.

COMMENTS:

This story needs a severe squickiness warning. If you couldn’t tell by my name this is my favorite genre, so be prepared. A quick shout out to two of my favorite authors on here: Tabico and Half Shim. I love their work so much I finally got around to writing my own. And, another shout out to Dr. Eszterhazy’s seminal story Plague Maiden. This is my first attempt at this so any comments would be welcome.

Chapter 1

Part 1: Discovery

A voice on the intercom: “Prepare for hyperspace exit in 30 seconds.”

Chloe didn’t need to guess who it was. She turned and watched her friend Wash making his usual announcement as they arrived at a new system. She thought he sounded more bored every time he repeated it. She reached behind her and buckled herself into her chair and leaned back. The chair whirred to life leaning back itself and rotating to face the front of the ship. Being on the far left and back of the five-crew cockpit she had a great view of everything. From Wash’s pilot station and the empty weapons station in front of her to Captain Wayman seated in the middle of the cockpit and Ensign May Maxwell’s also empty comms station over on the right. Chloe watched the familiar pattern of the hyperspace tunnel swirl in front of her. She often wondered how Wash could sit and watch that for hours on end without getting dizzy or hypnotized from it.

“Hyperspace exit in 3…2…1…”

The low whine of the FTL drive quickly intensified then with an abrupt bang everything slowed down. She knew that “slowed down” was a relative term as they were still going over 30 times the speed of light and Wash had to turn away before the ship flew straight into the star. Her body briefly strained strongly forward against the straps that were already digging into her ample C-cup breasts and her long, dirty blonde hair flipped up and went all over her face.

“They can make us go 25 light-years in an hour, but they can’t make grav-plating or dampers that take all the mess out of it?” Chloe muttered as she rearranged her hair and swung her chair back around.

“Hoban. Lieutenant Washburne.” Captain Wayman quickly corrected. “Take us for a fuel scoop pass and Ensign Matthews start a full system scan I want to be out of here in five hours.” Captain Wayman stood up started to exit for the lower decks.

“No problem.” Wash replied. A quick glare was the response from Wayman. “I mean, Yes, Ma’am.”

“Good.” Wayman turned again to leave.

“Uhh… Captain we have a small problem here.”

“What is it Lieutenant?”

“I’m reading a G-class star here. Chloe didn’t you say it was going to be a K-class? I mean, Ensign Matthews?” Wash flashed her a quick smile hoping not to be seen by Captain Wayman.

“It is a K-class.” Chloe retorted as she turned to see that she was wrong. “But, but the Federation observation post said that we’d be moving into a K system.” Chloe quickly turned and looked back at her instruments confirming it was a G-class.

“Well, I guess they were wrong.” Captain Wayman pointed out. “What does this mean for our exit time?”

“It’ll be a little bit shorter, but hotter on the shields. Fuel scooping is faster on hotter stars. Ma’am.” Wash replied.

“All right. You have the bridge lieutenant. Ensign update the star log and start that scan.” Captain Wayman turned and left the bridge.

“Man, six months and she still wants to use Federation protocol. I mean, we left charted Federation space four months ago.” Wash said with a chuckle as he turned to Chloe. “But even she’s starting to slip up now and then.” Just then he noticed the worried look on her face. “Come on, Chloe what’s wrong?”

“I don’t get it, how was the system wrong?”

“I don’t know you’re the Navigator. I just point the ship where you say and away she goes.”

“Speaking of which. Shouldn’t you turn before you hit that Sun-sized star?” Chloe teased back.

“Oh yeah.” Wash turned back to his console and quickly punched three buttons and slowly the ship started to list to the left, away from its eminent fiery death. “There we go, my work is done.”

“You have this down to a science, don’t you?”

“Well, The Odyssey is the fastest ship I’ve flown, but it handles like any other. I do wish it were even faster though. Six months to go 25,000 light years and we’re only just getting halfway done with our ‘quick survey mission’? We could go so much farther out if we didn’t have to zig zag all over the place. I’ve heard they have better FTL drives, but are only fitting them to warships.”

“Look at it this way: we are half done. Then we get six months of vacation time in the core worlds. Maybe we could go to Pacifica?” Chloe said eagerly. “The sun… The sand…”

“The topless beaches?” Wash finished.

“Nice try there, hotshot.”

“Well, it was worth a try. I guess you’re right… Hey, what’s that light on your screen?” Wash pointed to a blinking green light on Chloe’s system scanner.

Chloe gasped. It was the alert she had set up to notify her if any planets were detected that were earth-sized and potentially habitable. “We’ve found a planet that’s almost exactly like Earth!” Chloe jumped up and down. Earth facsimiles were not impossibly rare, but were extremely notable findings. She knew that this would make this entire journey worthwhile when they brought the information back to the Federation. And, somewhat selfishly, she thought her finding might get her stationed on a ship that stayed a little closer to home.

“So, what’s the name of this great world?”

Chloe quickly looked at the star map coordinates and replied, “HYPIO-FLYA AW 1572-4c.”

“Wow, they really have to come up with better ways of naming things. How about: c for Chloe’s World?”

“I don’t think that will catch on. I better let the Captain know, so we can get a better look at it.”

Chloe ran over to May’s station and got on the intercom to call the Captain back to the bridge. A few moments later they were all in Captain Jane Wayman’s quarters/meeting room.

The Odyssey is not a full exploration ship.” The Captain pointed out. “We are only to scout locations and report back, not to investigate them ourselves.”

“But Captain, Chloe’s found something even more interesting than just an earth sized planet.” Wash interjected. “Tell her Chloe.”

“We’ve found that almost the entire planet is covered in…” Chloe glanced at Wash, “In something. It’s not water, in fact the scanner can’t tell what it is. But it is some kind of liquid.”

“All the more reason to let people with more equipment check it out. Odyssey only has 30 people on it and no full science lab or any decontamination center.” The Captain reminded her.

“Please at least let us get closer to the planet, so we can scan it better. I can only do so much from a full AU away.” Chloe pleaded. “Ma’am.”

Captain Wayman sighed. “Okay. We’ll move to orbit, but I still want to be out of the system in five hours. So, continue your system scan and we’ll see when we get there.”

“Thank you, Captain.” Chloe smiled.

“Dismissed.”

A few minutes later, most of the on-shift crew had crammed themselves into the cockpit so they could see the planet below. Wash had entered into orbit of the planet ten minutes ago and everyone was quick to take note of the change in the ship’s schedule. What had been close enough quarters before suddenly had turned into a sardine can. Chloe noticed that even Elizabeth DeWitt, the civilian observer on the ship, had turned out for the occasion. Besides herself, Wash, and the Captain, three other naval officers had crammed their way into the five-meter square cockpit. Ensign May Maxwell had finally turned up, as well as the ship’s security officer Carmen Ibanez, and the resident xeno-biologist on board: Ensign Marybeth Hutchinson. Chloe was glad, for once, that half the crew was sleeping right now or else there might not have been enough room to breathe. Chloe had been stuffed into the far back as Marybeth had taken over Chloe’s scanning console.

“The ‘slime’ seems to cover the entire planet except for one small ‘island’ in the southern hemisphere.” Marybeth was telling the Captain.

“Can you tell what the slime is?” Asked Captain Wayman.

“I can tell it is some sort of organically produced compound, but the scanners still can’t break it down. I think we should go down and check it out in person.” Marybeth said eagerly, her bright blue eyes flashing with barely restrained eagerness.

Marybeth had always hoped they would find something for her to look at, Chloe knew, but still…

Lieutenant Ibanez chimed in, “I don’t think that’s a good idea Captain. Without knowing what this ‘slime’ is we can’t be sure that our environmental suits would be able to resist it.” Chloe had gotten to know Carmen very well over the course of the trip, and while she almost seemed as hard and rigid on the outside as the Captain, she was extremely friendly once Chloe got to know her.

“I agree. We’ll log the location and let the Federation look at it.”

“But Captain, we could set down on the island and possibly discover the source of this substance. Please let me and the team take one of the shuttles and go down there. We can take a sample on the surface and not expose the ship to anything.” Marybeth pleaded.

Chloe had edged her way along the wall to the console during the conversation because she was interested in the island that Marybeth had mentioned.

“The answer’s no, Ensign.”

“But…”

“No. We need to continue on schedule.”

“Excuse me, Captain.” Chloe cut in. “But it looks like there might be a large cave or some kind of sinkhole on that island. If we went and looked at it we might find what Marybeth was talking about: the source of the slime.”

Marybeth’s face lit up at this encouragement. The Captain sighed once more. She knew that the crew’s morale was just as important as continuing the mission.

Wash chimed in, “We could continue the scan of the system while they’re down there and come and pick them up when we’ve finished. That way we could kill two birds with one stone.”

“This slime could be of use to the Federation.” Ms. DeWitt finally spoke. “A closer examination of it could make the government’s decision a little easier when they decide where to allocate their resources.”

Elizabeth’s voice startled Chloe for a second. Her voice was softer than she had imagined, they had barely exchanged two words during the trip, with Ms. DeWitt opting to spend most of it in her room.

“All right. Ensign Hutchison you’ll lead a team of four to land and explore that island and cave system. But I want you in full suits the whole time you’re down there. No exceptions.” The Captain finally relented.

“Great!” Then noticing the frown from Captain Wayman, “Thank you, Ma’am.” Marybeth almost skipped out of the cockpit (she would have, but the cabin roof was just a little too low) on her way to grab the guys she wanted take with her. Her long brown hair trailing behind her. The Captain sighed again.

“Please let me know what the findings are.” Said Elizabeth as she left the cockpit, her non-Federation regulation dress making a quick flourish as she turned.

“Of course.” The Captain replied. Did the fleet command have to stick her with the youngest observer they had? She couldn’t be more than, what, 20? On top of that, Ms. DeWitt was constantly asking for all the information she could provide. She wondered why someone who was essentially a diplomat needed constantly updated star charts. But she pushed that out of her mind as Lieutenant Ibanez was coming over.

“I think these actions could pose a massive security risk, Ma’am. Any residue from that planet could be harmful not to mention this ‘slime.’”

“We’ll try to set up a clean room in the shuttle bay before they get back.” The Captain tried to reassure her. “Come on, we’ll go over some plans in my room. Lieutenant Washburne you have the bridge. Once the shuttle leaves, break orbit and continue the scan of the system.”

“Sure thing.” Wash looked at Chloe triumphantly as he didn’t even get scolded by the Captain.

“I can’t believe she didn’t get you for that one.” May laughed.

“Yeah.” Chloe laughed too. “She must be really distracted. And speaking of distracted, she didn’t even mention that you weren’t here earlier, May. Where were you?”

“I was working with Elizabeth. The Captain had me going over some of the comm transmissions we’ve recorded while in hyperspace with her. Why she wanted those I don’t know, it’s just random radio noise from hyperspace.”

“That’s weird. And now, she finally shows up just when we’ve found something strange. That’s a bit of a coincidence if you ask me.” Wash said. “How did she even find out about the planet if she’s cooped up in her room? She wouldn’t have noticed any change in the flight.”

“Do you think the Captain told her?” May asked. Before anyone could answer she noticed something on her screen. “Hang on, Marybeth’s calling from the shuttle.” She pressed a button and Marybeth’s voice came over the intercom.

Odyssey, we’re ready to go.”

“That was fast.” Wash joked.

“I’ve got Dr. Bowman, Frank, and Dr. Floyd with me and we’ll be opening the shuttle bay doors in a few seconds. We grabbed everything we think we’ll need. Oh, and we’re fully suited up.” Marybeth quickly mentioned.

“All right, have a safe trip and we’ll see you in about 5 hours.” Wash said.

“Have fun. I know we will.” Marybeth replied.

“Be careful.” Chloe reminded her.

“We will.”

And just like that the shuttle undocked and headed for the planet below.

“I’m just glad that I’m not one of them going down there.” Chloe shuddered a little and started to worry about her friend as the ship slowly turned and started to break orbit.