The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 10 — The First Day, and Meeting People

“Cute Librarian?” I asked, an eyebrow raised.

“It’s a name I used before,” Alex blushed, “I couldn’t think of anything else.” She was pretty damn cute when she blushed. Well, she was cute all the time, but there’s something that turned me on about a girl blushing. Maybe because whenever I catch the slightest whiff of innocence, I feel the need to corrupt it. Part of me wanted to scoot round the desk and drag her to the floor. I wanted to pin her down and rip off her clothes, to tease her with my teeth and tongue until she squirmed and begged me to make love to her.

I have some self control, though. I glanced back at the computer screen, and waited for her to introduce herself on the chat room. Maybe I’d teased a little, but I had to admit her choice of nickname was pretty inventive by the standards of most people you see on the Internet. Right now, one of the more established members was recounting how she first came to the chatroom. For a second I wondered if the mysterious AllyKat might be our new housemate, Jules. But then Ally mentioned a friend coming to visit, and we already knew that Jules had been a recluse for several years. Back to the drawing board with that idea, then.

It was a weird way to spend a morning. We sat on opposite sides of the same desk, talking to the same people on the Internet from our different computers. We even flirted online, something we’d never felt the need to do before because we’d seen each other every day at school. I wondered how many other people on the chat room realised that I was the slavegirl she kept complimenting. Not many, I would have thought, as most people still seem to assume I’d be dominant in the bedroom just because I’m not a doormat in regular life.

It took a lot of effort to draw ourselves away from the screens. Every time we started saying goodbye to people, some fragment of conversation caught my attention, or hers, and we ended up sitting there until that conversation was over. I was used to getting carried away with a chat, but today was worse than usual because everyone wanted to offer Alex—or Cute Librarian—an innovative suggestion for how she could enjoy her slave tonight.

* * *

It was Jules knocking at the door that eventually got us moving. “Guys?” they shouted through, “We need to be going, if you’re heading to the module assignment thing.” I turned to look at Alex, both of us with our eyes off the screen at the same time for once.

“Guess we should go,” she shrugged, “Get some lunch, at any rate.”

We headed down to the kitchen, and noticed something of a queue because the large room was somehow missing a strip of countertop all down one side. This meant that Kiva, Marten, and Jules were all trying to make their own lunches in the same workspace.

“What’s going on?”

“Sorry girls,” Jim opened the door behind us with a loud bang, dragging one of the lengths of timber I’d noticed stacked against the basement walls yesterday, “Thought you were all going to be out today, so it seemed a good time to work on the kitchen.”

“We’re all out this afternoon!” Jules was almost on the point of freaking out, a loaf of bread in one hand and a tub of sunflower spread in the other, “First years have this selection meeting where we have to pick which courses we’re taking modules from besides the major, and I checked the bus timetables last night, its nearly an hour to campus from here, and—”

Alex didn’t interrupt, she just put a comforting hand on our older friend’s shoulder to suppress the panic. That left it to Master to take control of the situation and provide rational reassurance: “Yeah, the city circular bus route comes past here right after the campus. You can walk it in half that, probably less if you cut through the back. Take a break, chill out. If you’re cutting it too fine, I’ll give you a lift later.”

Jules sighed with relief, and turned away from the overcrowded corner of the kitchen to put down their food for a moment. There was a problem with that, though, as there was nowhere to put anything down. I should have stepped in to help out, but Alex got there first. she took the new countertop out of Jim’s hands as he guided the other end to rest on one end of the chest freezer on the opposite corner. “Here,” Jim gestured towards the new space, and Jules gratefully set the items down.

I’m not a Domme, and I don’t think I ever will be, but I have to admit I took a little perverse pleasure from watching Alex’s growing discomfort as Jim crawled along underneath the countertop, screwing one bracket after another to the wall. It can’t have been ten minutes, but she was already starting to suffer from maintaining that position so long. I know I should have offered to help. I knew she was going to punish me later for not taking the weight from her; but that was one of the main reasons I didn’t step in. Jules clearly was more altruistic, moving their bread to the small space of remaining countertop beside the cooker as soon as Marten left with a couple of small pizzas, and then stepping closer to help Alex. But a raised eyebrow from Jim was all it took to change their mind.

I’d never really thought about it before. To me, all the S&M stuff was in the bedroom, something you did with someone you love. I knew that to some people it wasn’t so much an interest as a lifestyle, the whole thing they bent their existence around, but it had never particularly appealed to me. Not that I didn’t like the idea, but that I’d never thought about it in connection to myself. I mean, I’d come one step closer when I met Jim, and he forced me to work hard at school. It was his fault I’d even got to college, and now I was mature enough to think about my future I knew I could never thank him enough for making that change. Another step at my birthday, when Alex and Jim between them had decided that they could both be my lovers, without giving any concern to my panicked belief that I’d have to choose between them.

I loved to be controlled, and I loved to be forced. To have no choice when normal life would give way to the kind of mind games Jim excelled at, that got me so hot. But control pervading everyday parts of life, letting Alex hold a heavy weight as part of some punishment, it was a new one on me.

As if that wasn’t what I was doing already, the thought came to mind. I hadn’t thought about it like that, but there was no real difference. I teased her, and said or did mean things, knowing that she wouldn’t take it seriously and I’d get punished later. It was making every interaction a part of our sex lives, because every decision had a chance of going in a way she’d have to punish me for. There was a little envy there, lurking in the edge of my heart where I might not notice it behind my curiosity and arousal. It was still weird to see an occasional glimpse into a game between Master and Alex that I just wasn’t a part of.

It was crazy really. I was the one who couldn’t be satisfied with a single lover, and forced us all into this crazy, dynamic relationship. But I was the one who had trouble coping. I should be able to do better, and I promised myself I could get over the jealousy and be happy for them. I loved them, with all my heart, and I’d said so many times I would do anything to make them happy. So why was it so hard when I could do nothing and still see everyone satisfied?

I shrugged, walked over to the counter and prepared a quick lunch. A couple of mini quiches in the oven for ten minutes, some salad on a couple of plates, and butter bread while I waited for the timer to go ping. Simple but effective, I figured that after so much strain on her arms, she’d appreciate getting one of her favourites.

* * *

We arrived on campus well in time for the day’s meeting. From the bustle of other students, it looked like not everyone had planned so far ahead. It was quite a surprise to learn that our house’s back gate let us out into a small public park, filled with scrubby under-watered trees, that was literally across the street from the closest part of campus. The Merriman-Fawkes Building was ten minutes brisk walk away, down a pedestrian walkway lined with pale terracotta bricks. It was a pretty nice layout for a college, and I’d planned to spend a few days having a good look around before term started. But there had always been something that needed doing, and right now we were in too much of a hurry to do any sightseeing.

“When you see the library, just turn left down the side of the Art building,” Britney had given us one little tip before leaving the house. She hadn’t explained why, but as Britney was probably the least likely to joke out of anyone I knew, I turned sharply as soon as the massive mirror-finish logo of the university library came into view. It was one building I was sure to recognise; the reading room had a plate-glass window six storeys high, broken only by the mirrored panels which formed the outline of an open book and the enigmatic letters HAUL. It was only a couple of years old, and they’d made certain to show it off to us every time we came for an open day or as part of the applications process.

A narrow, paved alley ran down between two buildings. Within a dozen steps there was just the three of us, the bustle of other students left behind. We passed a door that was marked “Arts Department—Undergraduate Affairs Office”, but it was locked. Further down the alley, the edges of the paving slabs were discoloured by infrequent cleaning, and the upper levels of the buildings either side came together to enclose us in a kind of tunnel.

“Are you sure this is the right way?” Jules seemed to be the most nervous, desperate not to make any mistakes. It must have been quite an ordeal for her to get admitted here, when she couldn’t just get the school references that the normal process expected. I could understand that she wanted everything to go smoothly, especially with how hard she must be finding it to be around so many people.

“Britney said its a shortcut,” I answered, hoping I sounded more confident than I felt. This alley looked like a dead end from here, but as we got closer to the end we realised that it just turned sharply right. The building to one side dropped away sharply then, and we were on a balcony overlooking a mass of parked cars on a lower level. This route must be virtually unknown, with the doors along it all either locked or boarded over. When we passed a newer building, clad in glass and chrome, there were no doors on this side at all. Through the giant windows, we could only see the back of whatever bookshelves and display cabinets the staff there had used to hide the grimy back entrance. There was a single fire escape coming down here, but no sign anyone else would come this way.

After that building, we were on a bridge. I didn’t remember steps or a slope steep enough to bring us up there, but maybe the terracotta walkway sloped down past the Arts and Mathematics faculties, and the huge structure of the library. However it had happened, we were twenty feet above that street now. There was a solid mass of students, all freshmen like us, packed into a square down below, in front of the ornate, pillared entrance to Merriman-Fawkes. Staff on the doors were trying to persuade people to form orderly queues, but they were pressed in by yet more 18 and 19-year-olds arriving from both directions. Around the edge of the square, a couple of market carts were trying to sell burgers and kebabs to the crowded students, leading to a confusing mess of queues crossing over each other, and people trying to push in any direction they could imagine might have space in it.

“Thanks Britney,” I muttered under my breath as we crossed the unoccupied bridge, straight into the building on the third floor. We could see over a railing to the foyer below, and found that staff were allowing in a measured number of students each time the black-and-red tiled floor started to empty. Then the kids lined up in front of a dozen different doors, signposted with department names. That would make it easy enough to fit in—we could simply trail down the spiral staircase and join the appropriate queues.

“You’re not supposed to do that, you know,” a huge guy with skin as white as snow lightly reprimanded us when we reached the ground floor, “Returning students, I guess?”

“No, we were kind of lost,” Alex answered before I had a chance to tell the truth, “Then we were upstairs. Don’t tell us we’ve got to go back outside?” The guy looked her up and down. She was wearing one of her own fashion creations today, almost a parody of a school uniform in black leather, and was pretty nice to look at. I knew he spent a few seconds more than was decent taking in her curves, but I didn’t mind. Seeing how much everyone wanted my girl just made me feel so proud of having her. The attention might even turn me on a little, if it wasn’t in such a stressful situation.

“Fine,” he shrugged, handing us a couple of forms from his clipboard, “But if I catch you sneaking around again, I might have to put you over my knee for a spanking.”

I’m sure it was supposed to be a joke, but I never knew how to react to stuff like that. Alex blushed deeply, and Jules said nothing at all. I guess that left it to me to give ‘Hello my name is Eddie’ from university security a parting shot to remember. “That’s my job,” and I winked for good measure. From the way he stood there and stared into space, lost staring at the images in his mind’s eye, I think I hit the mark.