The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 25 — Another Invitation, and Catching Up

Dad’s visit prompted me to think back about how far we’d come, and how much had changed since my birthday. I hadn’t realised how much the everyday changes had stacked up until I was considering the perspective of someone who hadn’t been here for a month. The house had changed a lot, from the completely refurbished kitchen to the little detail of a strip of thick, green carpet on the stairs.

The suite I shared with Alex had turned from two austere bedrooms full of packing boxes to a shared bedroom and a lounge, both heavily stamped with our personalities. Hannelore had commented that the drapes gave the place what she called a “decadent, regal kind of style”, and we both giggled as I explained that the swathes of vibrant fabric hanging all over our rooms were actually waiting for Alex to cut them into pattern pieces for some dressmaking project. I had to agree that they did make the place look awfully stylish. Maybe I’d ask Alex if we could keep some around as pure decoration, and replace them when her costumes required each piece.

I’d changed too. I’d never been shy, but I found that I no longer anticipated my dad disapproving of everything I did. I could see after a couple of months apart that he wasn’t really seeking to manage my life, and that as long as I was safe he’d be content with just curiosity about my life. Or maybe it wasn’t just that I could understand it better. Maybe now, I could be more forward simply because I knew that dad couldn’t make me behave any more. Even if he’d had a problem with me and Alex, I wasn’t under his roof any more so there was nothing he could do to stop us. I wanted him to approve of my life, but there wasn’t any real reason to fear his rejection now, and I knew I could be the person I wanted to be.

Dad took us all out for dinner, which turned out to be more of a treat than I expected. While we were used to a wide variety of food, courtesy of everyone in the house cooking their own specialities for the group occasionally, the budget of a student house didn’t allow for going to restaurants with table service and uniformed waiters. It would probably be my only chance this year to have what I somehow thought of as a posh meal. It surprised me even more when we arrived. Months earlier, dad had promised to take me to a new teppanyaki restaurant for my birthday. It hadn’t panned out because he had to work that weekend, but it seemed he’d remembered the promise longer than I did.

When we arrived we stood around outside for a few minutes. Dad had driven up here, with me sitting in the front of the car and Alex and Hannelore in the back. My sister still seemed kind of nervous, moving as far away from Alex as she could manage while trying not to make her discomfort obvious. I wondered if she actually had any gay friends, and if we’d have to somehow show her that being bisexual isn’t contagious or something. It was clear she was doing her best to act normal, but was finding it difficult. I couldn’t fault her for that, it must have come as a big surprise. Jim was supposed to be following us in his own car, but he wasn’t in sight and Alex had to call him to make sure he knew where we were. Eventually, he appeared with Jules and Kiva, blaming an unexpected fuel stop for separating us on the journey. It would have been nice if Britney and Marten had joined us, but they had a lot of things to do that weren’t ready to be shared with the rest of the house yet. I hoped this growing separation between them and everyone else wasn’t going to cause friction at home in the future, but that wasn’t something to worry about right now.

Inside the restaurant, we were seated at a high table and given menus listing what must be a hundred different types of sushi. A helpful oriental woman bowed in greeting before asking if we’d been to this kind of restaurant before. We hadn’t, so she explained that these were appetisers, and that we could have as many as we wanted before our designated chef was ready to prepare the main courses.

“I thought you’d forgotten about this place,” I smiled at my dad, “Thank you!”

“I’d never forget a request from you,” he beamed, “I’ve missed you lately, so I wanted it to be special. You wouldn’t believe how far in advance you need to book this place!”

“Good job you didn’t cancel, then,” Jules joked. It was only then I noticed just how much more sociable they’d become since we met; no more staying silent while everyone else spoke. But of course, Dad and Hannelore didn’t get the joke, so I had to confess to accidentally accepting two invites for the same night, and explained (with the aid of over-dramatic, hilarious hand gestures from Alex) the last minute rescheduling of Mark’s birthday party.

“Oh, I almost forgot!” Hannelore shrieked, almost surprising me into dropping a Tako Maki Roll, whatever that is. Had my sister always been so shrill, or was that a recent evolution? “Lauren wants me to invite you to her party. Said while she was at yours, and her folks would be happier with at least one mature girl there. Alex too, and she said you can bring your boyfriend if he promises to behave, but I guess that’s not so…” she trailed off, mumbling. I didn’t quite know what to say there, I’d never even thought about how my sister would take that kind of revelation.

“When’s that?” I’d met Lauren enough times before, she was one of my sister’s best friends, but I couldn’t remember when her birthday was. I figured that right now, the easiest option would be to keep Hannelore’s mind on the message she had to give me, food, and general small talk. It must have been hard for her to learn something about me that she’d never even suspected, but I figured that if I didn’t make it too blatant, she could get used to it on a subconscious level. Maybe I’d learned more than I realised about the way people think, from Master and then from Jules too.

There was easily enough small talk to see us through the sushi course, of which I didn’t get to try nearly as many varieties as I would have liked. Then we were led over to the table for the main course. I’d heard about this, but hadn’t been before, as this was the first restaurant of its type in Harman. The whole table was a giant hot plate, with a wooden border around the edge just wide enough to put our plates on. The chef looked Japanese, but I guess that’s pretty much a job requirement: in a place like this, where it’s about the show as much as the food, it would seem out of place to have staff whose families don’t originate from the same culture as the cuisine. He cooked our food in front of us, as well as putting on a pretty good show, juggling eggs before breaking them on the hotplate and similar stunts. He was a real showman, and managed to hold our attention for most of the evening. In the circumstances, it was a great relief to have a ready distraction any time the conversation got a little awkward. By the time we’d finished the meal (and the food was as good as the entertainment, I’m glad to say), we were surprised to find it was already dark outside.

It was all smiles when we got home, as I helped Jim to help Dad and Hannelore to get their stuff unpacked in the spare room. There was a smaller room within the spare room, separated by a cheap partition wall, that was just large enough for a single bed; but that still meant that Hannelore had to keep most of her luggage in the main room. I couldn’t have coped with that now, though I know we must have been in a similar situation on family holidays when we were younger. Hannelore didn’t seem to mind. I even got curious enough to ask if she was at all worried that she didn’t have any kind of real privacy. She just shrugged, and said there was nothing she wanted to hide.

It must be great to live like that, and I kind of wondered if I’d ever be able to be so carefree. I’d always thought of myself as pretty open, but lately there were so many things I had to hide in order to protect other people, as well as myself. It must be nice to have the option, but the life I’d already got seemed more important to me.

It was nearly midnight when all the necessary organisation for having people stay was done, but nobody was tired. Hannelore had been raving about some new movie over dinner, that she’d seen half of in the cinema and really loved, but hadn’t finished because of whoever she was with. I heard enough of the story to be kind of worried about my little sis, even if I didn’t get all the details. But Alex came through with a surprise, finding the video on the Internet somewhere so we could all watch it together. Not the kind of thing I’d normally watch, but a lot of fun and a great way to end the first day I’d spent with family in more than a month.

I woke up around 9 on Sunday morning, pretty early given how late we’d stayed up last night. I rolled over and Alex wasn’t beside me again. I wondered where she’d ended up, but I didn’t seem to get jealous any more. If she was in someone else’s room, then I knew she’d be enjoying herself. I hadn’t really noticed when my own reactions changed; but it seemed that Dad’s visit was prompting all kinds of introspection this weekend.

Today was going to be a good day, I could feel it already. Dad had insisted that the house carried on running as normal, so he can see how we live and be reassured that I’m not suffering whatever problems normally bother people in a student house. I wasn’t sure it would be quite so natural having a parent around, but at least it meant we didn’t have to change our schedules around him. I’d have to spend part of the morning pushing a broom round the kitchen and foyer, and vacuuming the big lounge, so Ddad would see that I’m pulling my weight. Alex, for her part, would be doing breakfast this morning. That probably meant a fry-up, so I jumped straight out of bed and started pulling on a robe as quickly as possible.

I checked in the mirror to make sure I looked decent and presentable by parental opinion, rather than the more relaxed standards that I assumed my fellow students would expect. I made a mental note not to refer to Jim as ‘Master’ in front of Dad, either. That wouldn’t be a great stretch, being something I had to keep secret even from half of the people we lived with, but my biggest terror over the last day had been somehow letting it slip out in front of family. Reassured that I looked casual but classy in my embroidered black gown, I strode down to breakfast.

Hannelore was already up and watching TV in the lounge. She’d chosen the sofa in the corner opposite the TV, and had left the concertina doors open so that she also had a clear view into the ballroom beneath the stairs. She waved as soon as she saw me come downstairs, and bounded up from her seat. I was sure I hadn’t been that energetic when I was in school. When I wasn’t trying to satisfy my insanely high sex drive, I’d been completely unmotivated and happy to stay in bed until dinner time unless someone gave me a metaphorical kick up the ass. Jim had done a lot to help me stop being the slovenly teen stereotype, but who or what could have my relaxed little sister buzzing with life?

“Good morning!” she chimed, “I couldn’t sleep in. Are you going to make breakfast for us? I don’t know where you keep anything, and I don’t want to take someone else’s coffee by accident.” I didn’t think I’d been that smart or considerate in my schooldays, either.

“No, Alex’s turn today,” I sniffed the air, and didn’t detect the characteristic scent of frying bacon, “I guess she must have overslept.” Then as Hannelore stared at me with a mixture of shock and confused suspicion, I realised what I’d just said.

“Don’t you two…” she muttered quietly. She probably didn’t know what was amiss here, there was no reason for her to guess. But then if me and my girlfriend shared a bed now, there was no way I could have got downstairs without seeing her. Something didn’t add up, and I knew that Hannelore was easily suspicious enough to keep picking at that tiny seed of suspicion until she got to an answer or my whole life unravelled. I had to think quickly, but the right words just weren’t coming to mind.

“Well… umm…”