The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 30 — Desperation, and Pushing Limits

I’d gone to Bullwark’s, my favourite chocolatier, to pick up a present for Alex after the stress of exams. I’d ended up chatting to an old schoolfriend, Henrietta, and then sitting in a booth sampling their different varieties of chocolate and cake while I waited for Jim to return. It hadn’t been my plan, but it seemed that he’d hypnotised me at some point during the morning, and I simply couldn’t move.

As I finished my third mug of tea, I was really starting to worry how long it would be until he got there. Not just because the staff would be starting to wonder why I was waiting so long, or because of the visions torturing my mind’s eye, suggesting all kinds of unlikely endings to this adventure. If I’d known I was going to be trapped in my seat for a couple of hours, I would at least have liked to use the bathroom first, or I could have chosen to enjoy a few more chocolates and not so many drinks.

Maybe that was the idea, I thought for a second, and I’m sure everyone around me could have seen me blush that time. Jim knew I enjoyed humiliation, that I got a thrill out of embarrassment and the feeling of helplessness. But he wouldn’t go that far, would he? No, I told myself, as much as he liked to play with my perceptions, I knew that Jim wouldn’t do anything that would harm my reputation. He wanted to excite me, so if the insistent demands from my body were part of his plan, I could be sure it was only in my mind.

The thought didn’t comfort me much, as elaborate scenarios played out in my daydreams. Every one turned me on more than the last, even though I knew that in real life they should have filled me with terror.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Henry was standing by my table again, a slight smile gracing her neatly painted lips. I knew she must have some idea what had been on my mind from the blush and agitation. I was just glad there was no way she could have guessed the details. “You were away with the fairies a minute there. Do you want a refill?”

She picked up my mug and I nodded, “Yes, thanks,” before I thought about it. “I was just thinking, you know, spaced out a little. I hope Jim gets here soon.”

“Oh yes, something like that,” she chuckled as she walked away to get me another drink, “I think I know what was on your mind, more than you’d think. Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me.” That only made me blush more. Just how much did she guess? More than she thought I’d expect, but I was sure she didn’t really know that much about the kind of things I was into. It wouldn’t be the most obvious guess, after all.

I had another fantasy playing in my head by the time she returned with another cup of tea for me. I knew I had to try to make this one last a bit longer.

“I recognise that smile,” she said, “I pay more attention than you think. Maybe I’m wrong, but now I thought about it you’re exactly the kind of person I’d expect to be into all the weird stuff. I mean, don’t take it the wrong way, I was just surprised. I’ve seen someone else with that expression, staring off into space with the blissful smile, and I thought it must be pretty unlikely for two of you to be on the same side of town. Must be more popular than I thought.”

I looked at her blankly. Ether she’d misread me completely, or… or what? There was someone else in our class at school who was into this kind of thing? I wondered for a moment if she’d talked to Alex about it, but it was only after my birthday that Alex had really got into hypnosis, and they wouldn’t have had time to talk about it since. Besides, if Alex had talked about it to anyone, I was sure she would have told me.

“Who?” I finally asked. The odds against of there being someone else around here into humiliation by hypnosis were high, but I had no idea about any other interests that might result in the same blushing, insistent daydreaming state. It wasn’t entirely impossible, either, as I’m sure Jim had played with quite a few people before he caught my interest. Had any of those girls been local?

“I can’t say, you should know that. I don’t know too much about this stuff, but it’s kind of private, you know? But if you want to like… share stories or whatever you do, maybe I can tell her the next time I see her that you might be a good person to talk to?” I nodded, again surprised at Henry’s maturity. She really wasn’t the person I’d thought she was through all those years of high school. While I’d been sleeping with college guys and trying to prove I was an adult, maybe she’d been the mother figure to her friends, doing the sensible thing.

When I thought back about the way I’d imagined her in our schooldays, and how wrong it was, it hit me that she’d been dating Dave Brock for two years when he left her for one of the guys in the computer club. She hadn’t seemed too broken up then, I’d assumed it was more of the shallow cheerleader mentality, it didn’t matter if one guy cheats because she could have anybody she wanted. But thinking back now, I wondered if she’d known all along. The common sense, accepting persona she was letting me see now, I could easily imagine her playing the token girlfriend to protect a football star’s reputation until he’s ready to come out of the closet.

I was squirming in my seat by the time the other stores around us started to close. This place would be open for another hour, and even had an extra waitress come in to handle the crowds caused by all the shoppers wanting a treat, or to rest their feet after a hard day at the sales before they head home. A good part of my discomfort was due to the fact that Henry kindly came to see if I was okay whenever there was a moment’s pause in the traffic, and I kept on asking for another tea so that people wouldn’t question my presence. When she walked away, my mind drifted back to wondering just how much she knew, and then the mental images shifted to include my friend discreetly touching me under the table, in league with Jim and taking every opportunity to tease. I didn’t know if I was dreading that humiliation or hoping it might happen, but I couldn’t clear the images from my mind.

When I felt a hand on my arm, I almost jumped out of my skin. Were my fantasies coming true, was I going to do something that would be worth getting kicked out of Bullwark’s for? But I looked and it was Jim sitting beside me, a grin just managing to slip through the cracks in his poker face.

“Look like you’re in a world of your own!” he said, as if he didn’t know why.

“Yeah. I can’t believe you! It’s so…”

“Embarrassing? I thought you liked that kind of thing. I was going to leave you stuck here, but I thought it might be a bit boring, so I added a few little twists. Enjoying the mind’s eye cinema experience?” I nodded, blushing. I hadn’t even noticed that the mental images teasing me so much were almost perfect images, as detailed as reality, but as soon as he said it I realised that I’d been focused on my daydreams as closely as if I’d actually been watching TV.

“It’s almost too much,” I said softly as he stood up, and then as I found I could move again I added: “I’m half tempted to run, and say see you later now I can move.” I knew I wouldn’t, though, because every taunting image and every moment of torture as I waited was bliss on some deep level, and it only made me want more.

“No you don’t,” he replied, voice as matter-of-fact as if he was commenting on the weather, “You’re going to stay three paces behind me all the way back to the car, and the more you think about testing the limits of your restraint, the tighter you will feel my chains controlling you like a puppet.” The voice had a strange echo when I heard it though, as if he’d said exactly the same words before, with a lot more emotion in them, and that memory was just on the edge of recollection. I couldn’t remember when, or what else he’d said, but the echoes of those few words were right there in my head.

“Oh, I thought you were waiting for your girlfriend,” Henry smiled as we walked past, and I couldn’t tell if she was worried or just puzzled.

“Jim’s giving me a lift home,” I answered over my shoulder. I tried to pause a second to explain, but it was like my legs weren’t even listening to me. I couldn’t stop walking, and I couldn’t stop my mind filling with thoughts of what would happen if she realised I wasn’t in control. “Got to rush, big plans,” I spurted out, and hoped that was a good enough explanation. She smiled, and turned to serve another customer, so I hoped she’d bought it.

It wasn’t until I got outside that I realised following Jim so closely had meant I couldn’t dash off to the ladies on the way out either.

“Wait, I need the bathroom,” I called out. Jim stopped, and my legs obediently stood still as he turned to face me. We were already half way to Jim’s van, but surely he’d have to let me go for a call of nature. “I’ve not been able to go all afternoon, you can’t make me wait any longer.”

“Oh,” his eyebrow twitched upwards, a tiny smile of amusement in his eyes, “I thought you’d be able to move within the shop. Your subconscious is a little meaner than I thought, I guess. That’s a whole different kind of torment than the one I was thinking of.”

“It’s not funny!” I couldn’t help raising my voice a little, while we were out of sight of the crowds for a moment. “I thought I was going to wet myself because you didn’t think properly about your commands!” My face was probably bright red by then, and even I wouldn’t know if it was from outrage or embarrassment.

“Oh, don’t worry,” the humour vanished from his voice for a moment to be replaced by genuine concern, “If you couldn’t think of a way to avoid exposure, you would have been able to move again. I always make sure that you and your reputation will be safe, even if you’re not aware of it. After all, it’s the fear of humiliation that turns you on, isn’t it?”

“Though…” he raised his hand to his chin in a slightly surreal impression of some philosopher deep in thought, “That would be awfully humiliating, wouldn’t it? What do you think? Olivia has to tell me the truth, even if she doesn’t remember her own answer. Would you like me to—”

I blinked. The pressure in my bladder was even more intense, I didn’t know what had happened, but I could see that the sun was lower, there were fewer cars in the lot and more empty spaces, and the chocolatier was the only place still open in the arcade. Maybe ten minutes had passed, maybe fifteen, and Master’s hand was right in front of my face, clicking his fingers in the most obvious cliché.

“What did you do?” I knew the words were just as trite, but there was a reason they’d become one of the most basic spanners in the toolbox of hypnotist-subject communications.

“I did exactly what you asked,” he smiled, “Now, I think we have time for a little walk in the park before we head home, don’t you?” My eyes went wide, I couldn’t believe he’d actually do this. I knew I’d said I liked humiliation, but this was more than I’d ever imagined. We’d have to talk later, I decided, this was beyond the bounds of acceptability even for me.

But to tell him that, of course, I’d first have to work out why my pending shame was turning me on so much.