The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 32 — A Good Grade, and Groping in the Dark

When we first moved into Bell House, we’d seen a suite with a tiny reception room and two bedrooms, and we’d decided straight away to move everything around. We’d decided that the bigger room should be our bedroom, because there we’d need a room large enough for a double bed as well as two desks and space for whatever we both wanted to do. The smaller room became a small lounge, with a massive TV at one end of the room and a sofa spanning the entire width at the other end. It was perfectly comfortable for two, and it was a perfect place to relax when it was just the two of us. If we wanted to spend time with other friends, then we always had the larger space in the main lounge.

The last couple of months, ‘home’ had been a rather fluid concept. Sometimes I thought of this little apartment as home, a place that was just me and Alex. And at other times, the whole house was home to me, a place where all my friends lived together and I knew we could all trust each other. I was getting introspective about it now, and that was never a good sign. Thinking about going home had surprised me more than I expected, and I needed to clear those thoughts out of my mind.

I’d been thinking of ordering food for delivery, maybe a curry or something, but then I thought it would be a little more intimate if I cooked for her tonight. It might not be such a major occasion to celebrate, but if I had the energy I’d want to make every day special for her. I hurried back downstairs to the kitchen, and put a couple of things in the oven. I wasn’t like the world’s greatest chef or anything, but I could follow the instructions on the back of a packet, and I didn’t even need to warm up the oven because Kiva was only just taking her dinner out when I came down.

“Oh, I should have done something for everyone,” she said as soon as I came in, “I thought you’d be eating out tonight.” I nodded, knowing how hard it could be to organise around so many people all with their own plans.

“We’re fine,” I assured her, “I wanted to cook myself tonight anyway. I need to treat Alex once in a while.”

“Cool,” she turned to let me see her smile, “I’m so happy for you guys now, it seems like you’re getting on really well.” That was a hidden question if I ever heard one. She was one of my most observant friends, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d known me and Alex were together long before we told anyone. She wanted to know if we were just as happy now we weren’t sneaking around all the time. I guess we’d been spending a lot of time alone in our rooms lately, and with the wild girl I’d been in the past, our very best friends wanted to know that all that private time was for fucking rather than fighting.

I wondered how many of my friends were worrying about me, while I was sliding through my life in a blissful haze. Maybe I should make more of an effort to let people know we were good, because even with a moment’s thought I knew that there was no polite way for them to ask.

“Oh yeah,” I quickly changed the subject, “Have you made plans for the Christmas vacation yet? I hadn’t even thought about it, and I don’t want to leave Jim here on his own.”

“I’ve not really thought about it. My brother’s bringing his girlfriend round for Christmas, and I don’t know how long I can hide my disapproval, so I’ll probably be here part of the hols anyway. Don’t worry about Jim, though, he’s been smiling a lot lately and he’s not telling anyone why. I think he’s got someone in his life now and he’s embarrassed to say, but I kind of got the impression he had someone to stay with over the holidays. Maybe one of the secretaries at uni or something. I mean, don’t tell him I guessed, but it’s cool that he’s having a good time too, just hope he’s not getting mixed up with a student, that would be one hell of a mid-life crisis, and…” her voice trailed off, and I couldn’t bring myself to look at my friend as she shook her head.

I didn’t know if I should laugh or be angry, but in the end I just settled for: “He’s not that old,” in a tone of friendly sarcasm. It was the first thought that crossed my mind when she said ‘mid-life crisis’, so it wasn’t even as if I was lying this time. She made a little joke, and I hoped she was a lot less insightful today than she had been when she recognised the spark between me and Alex.

I just about managed to set up the flowers in our little lounge before Alex got home, and leave the wine and chocolates within easy reach of the sofa. I replaced the money on the end table with one of the electronic timers from the rack in the kitchen; sixteen minutes until our pasta bake was ready. I heard the door close, and then her boots click-clicking across the tiles of the foyer. As I stood up, an idea came to me, too poetic to resist. I grabbed two of the roses, and paced quickly along the corridor in my bare feet. I didn’t get close enough to see her over the balcony, but dropped a single red rose over the balcony. These had quite a few leaves on but were really light, and I hoped it would catch the air enough to drift gently to the ground.

“Livvy?” I heard her whisper, and was glad for the confirmation that it was in fact my girlfriend down on the ground floor. I stayed out of sight for a few more seconds, leaving her a trail of petals to lead her back to our room. I would have slipped out of my shirt and greeted her dressed only in a couple of petals, but the idea had come to me just a little too late for that. Not to mention that I was going to need clothes to go and get our dinner in just a moment.

“Well, this is a pleasant surprise,” she sauntered into the lounge and sat straight across my lap, “Is this my congratulations?”

“I take it you did marvellously on your presentation?”

“Oh yes, fabulous,” she couldn’t help laughing as she tried to put on the overconfident manner of some of her classmates. We both knew the type by now, although I’d only met them a few times. They were always sure they were right. Alex loved her designs, and they deserved her attention because they were gorgeous, but she was always nervous when it came to showing her work off in front of people who knew what they were talking about. “I was so nervous, but now it’s like I don’t even know why I was so worried. I might be cut out for this kind of thing after all!”

“So how’s the literature coming along?” I had to ask, though it might end up being a cause for an argument at some point, “I haven’t heard you talk about it in ages.”

“Oh, it’s coming along. Some of the readings are pretty hard to follow, but I can get my head around them. It’s the qualification that’ll probably get me a decent job, I know, and I shouldn’t be so enthusiastic about my extra modules all the time, but dressmaking is just so exciting!”

I was going to make another half-assed joke just to see her smile. Or maybe I could have asked for a few more details about how her day had gone. But those things flew straight out of my mind when the world went deep purple, and I felt the tightness of a velvet blindfold against my face. I didn’t know how she’d managed to get it that close without me noticing, but I really didn’t mind. Having my sight taken away seemed to make every touch feel so much more intense. The warmth of her body in my lap; her gentle, wordless whispering in my ear, her skin under my hand as I slowly ran it along her thigh.

I’d thought we might do something like this after dinner, but it seemed so natural to start now. She stretched an arm out on the back of the sofa, behind my head, and then let her fingertips dance gracefully from one shoulder to the other.

“You thought you’d start the evening with teasing,” she purred, “But I think I can be just as good at that.” I didn’t reply, and let myself just enjoy every touch. Her fingers went back across my shoulders, and then came to rest at the base of my neck. She pressed more firmly, a finger and a thumb squeezing. Jim had touched me like that plenty of times, and I had just a moment to wonder when he’d told Alex about it. Relaxation spread out from her fingertips, a wave of warmth and comfort spreading through my whole body. She said something else but I was too sleepy to catch the word, and then my eyes closed under the blindfold.

I don’t know what little games she whispered into the back of my mind, but it can’t have taken long. My head jerked up at the sound of the alarm clock, and I fought the relaxation for a moment until I could speak.

“I need to get dinner,” I knew that much must be obvious by the little timer trilling on the table, “Can I take the blindfold off now, please?” I don’t know why I even needed to say please, there was no way she’d say no. But I was already sinking into that blissfully confused submissive state, where her approval was the most important thing in my world and I couldn’t consider doing anything without permission.

“No.” It was the last thing I expected her to say, “If you didn’t want to be blind, then you shouldn’t have left it out for me.” I started to protest, but I couldn’t bring myself to argue with my Mistress. I belong to her, and I could only do what she told me to do.

“Now,” she pressed the triangular shape of the timer into my hand, and I easily found the button to make it stop its warbling, “go and bring food. I’m sure you prepared something wonderful.” I nodded, and walked towards the door.

I reached out with both hands out to the sides, finding the door frame about where I expected it to be. This wouldn’t be as hard as I’d expected. When I reached the door of our apartment, I felt around for the yale lock and twisted the knob to open it. Some things really surprised me, like how hard it could be to open a door. Even things I expected to be second nature, everyday actions that I could do without thinking, suddenly required effort with a blindfold on. Outside, I just had to hope nobody would think it too strange to see me walking around blind. I lowered my hands to about waist height, and continued moving forward until I found the balcony rail overlooking the great hall. I could imagine the drop in front of me, but I knew I was safe. I could feel my way along the rail, and I knew there was a golden orb on top of it just before I came to the stairs so I could be careful where I was putting my feet. I didn’t want to slip on the stairs again.

I was more worried about running into Kiva or Britney, really. Jules already knew that I was into some kinds of fetish games, and might joke about seeing me blindfolded but wouldn’t object. Marten had done similar things in the past, and I knew he would only have a laugh about it too. But the two older girls, I didn’t think they’d be as understanding. Especially seeing me struggling upstairs with two plates of hot food and a blindfold.

That just wasn’t safe, and I knew that whatever happened, I always needed to look after my own safety. That was the one thing that would let me disobey my owners, so I reached up to the back of my head and felt around for the ends. Maybe I could tie it again before I got back to our room, and avoid disappointing her. But as I groped for the knots, I realised I couldn’t feel anything except my hair. Fingers probing across my face proved that my eyes were uncovered and open, but I couldn’t see a thing.

It was interesting to realise something like that. Maybe my subconscious mind was watching out that I didn’t walk into anyone or fall over something, but apart from that the information from my eyes never reached me; like spam email that got deleted without me ever seeing it. I knew Jim could do that, and I was pretty certain Jules would have no problem with similar tricks, but right now it meant Alex was learning really fast. It was a slight difference, though. If it was Jim doing this for me, I felt sure that I would never have been allowed to realise that the blindfold wasn’t real. With Alex, I knew that it was only a hallucination of blindness, but that didn’t make it any easier. I could have stayed thinking about that difference for a long time, but right now nothing mattered more than doing what my Mistress had asked.

I was helpless, I knew. I was safe, I wasn’t going to fall down the stairs, but I was helpless, and knowing that was turning me on so much as I groped for the banister and took my first tentative steps down.