The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 33 — Darkness, and Touching

As I walked down the stairs, I paused at every step. I was walking half on the strip of carpet down the centre, and half on the bare marble steps that seemed unexpectedly cold under my bare feet. I should have put socks on, I knew, but I hadn’t known that Alex would send me to the kitchen in a blindfold.

Every step was cause for hesitation. I stopped when I felt my toes extending over the edge of the step, or misjudged slightly and caught my heel on the one I was stepping off. I didn’t fall, but every little mistake made it seem like that was a real possibility. In some part of my mind I knew that it wasn’t, that my blindness was simply an illusion created by a post-hypnotic suggestion, but it felt real enough. Even relatively simple actions, like walking down the giant staircase, filled me with trepidation. Mistress’s suggestions wouldn’t let me actually hurt myself, of course. I would never actually fall, but the fear that I might was just as real as if she’d let me go down to get her dinner with a physical blindfold around my eyes.

The feeling of being in danger was exciting, stimulating, even if it wasn’t real. The fear of humiliation, if one of our housemates saw me groping around and feeling my way along the banister, was probably closer to a real possibility, and that thrilled me too. The thing that turned me on most, if I only dared to admit it, was being so vulnerable in a situation where I knew my Mistress wouldn’t actually let me come to harm. It was the thrill of knowing that I could trust her completely, even as I fantasised about the nightmares I might experience if she were to let me fall. Knowing that I trusted her to keep me safe from such terrible possibilities, hovering right on the edge of danger, somehow set my heart racing more than a tender caress ever could.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I stretched my foot out in search of the next step and found only level tiles underfoot. I didn’t know if the floor in the great hall was real marble or some imitation, but I could tell right now that it was cold on my feet. I’d never felt so relieved to feel it cold and slippery under my feet. But I quickly realised I’d taken a few steps away from the bottom of the staircase without thinking, and now had no idea which way I was facing. If our house was all made of right angles, then I might have been able to just turn left on reaching the ground floor and know vaguely which way I was facing. But this room, the foyer or the ballroom or whatever you wanted to call it, was huge and round, and the curved staircase reached the floor somewhere in the middle of the room, giving me no easy way to transfer my hand from the banister to the wall.

I stopped and tried not to panic. Even if I had to walk right around the room, I’d come to the kitchen door eventually. I turned right on instinct, and continued with tentative steps forward until my outstretched arms touched a wall. I thought I knew my own house well enough, but without all the visual cues it was amazingly difficult to think where I was. I didn’t feel windows here, so I must be on the wall that connected the ballroom to the house’s north wing. I followed the wall until I met a door, closed. There was a sign on the door, a single sheet of laminated paper. This was Kiva’s room, then. I kept moving to my right, and knew I must be walking along the space between the staircase and the wall, beneath the balcony. The next door I reached would be the hallway that led to the kitchen.

I froze, not sure if I’d just heard a stifled giggle. Was the sound from Kiva’s TV, or was there someone here watching me?

“Hello?” I hoped nobody would answer. I had no idea how to explain the games we were playing. If one of my housemates even guessed that we were using hypnosis for this kind of thing then that would raise suspicions about my relationship with Jim; that could be really bad for both of us. There was no answer, but now I couldn’t stop imagining someone standing there, watching me. Was it Master, amused by Alex’s latest idea? Was it Britney, wondering what was going on? Maybe Marten was watching me move blindly around, and wondering if he could take advantage of my helplessness. For all he was supposed to be in a conventional relationship now, it was too easy to imagine him dragging me into a storage closet while I couldn’t see who was there or what he was doing to me. It would be rough and aggressive, and I knew already that I wouldn’t try to stop him.

I gasped at the mental image, then immediately hoped whoever was watching me hadn’t heard. I needed to keep a cool head if I was going to get the dinner without meeting anybody.

“You know you’re not actually blind, right?” I heard Kiva’s voice and spun around, trying to work out where she was in relation to me. I hit my shoulder on the bottom of the staircase, and I guess almost banged my head as well. Whatever part of my subconscious was guarding me from accidental injury didn’t judge the position of things behind me any better than I would have in a normal situation.

“I’m not… this is just…” I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know if she’d approve of the kind of things me and Alex got up to, and I was pretty sure she wouldn’t want to know about the men in my life.

“I guess this is Alex’s new game, then,” she sounded amused rather than angry, which at least meant my web of secrets wasn’t in danger right now. Maybe Kiva had some kinky interests of her own, and she was just a lot better at hiding these things that I was. “She said she wanted to learn hypnosis, with that devious smile that says there’s some kind of elaborate game planned. I knew she wasn’t just after making it easier for you to focus on your work, but I never imagined you could use it for something like this. That’s… cool, I guess.”

I just stood there, probably blushing like a beetroot, until she changed the subject: “Do you need any help getting your dinner ready?” I nodded gratefully, and followed her voice into the kitchen. It didn’t take long to lift a tray out of the oven, and blindness didn’t hamper me as much as I expected the real thing would have. I couldn’t stop worrying about how much of our private life I’d risked exposing, though. I suspected I’d have to have quite a long conversation with Kiva later, to make sure she knew that I’d got into this with my eyes open and I’m happy with my life.

If she was really there, of course. As I passed Jules’s room, I remembered that hallucinations could seem completely real if the hypnotist wanted them to. Just the sound of someone’s voice would probably be much easier, and Alex was starting to understand just how much the threat of humiliation turned me on. Would Kiva really be so understanding? I had no way of knowing.

Thankfully, I’d thought ahead enough to prop the door to our rooms open, so I didn’t have to wrestle with the handle while I had two plates in my hand. I backed through, and kicked the doorstop aside so it could close behind me.

“Mistress?” I called. It was almost second nature to use the honorific instead of her name in this kind of situation, “Dinner’s here!” I followed the wall with my shoulder, being careful not to spill anything. I was especially grateful now that Jim had left us an ice bucket for the wine, meaning that I didn’t need to carry glasses on my tray. Did that mean he knew what Alex had in mind? I couldn’t know, so I tried putting the thought out of my mind.

“Sit here,” her voice was so close that I almost jumped, I hadn’t heard her breathing or any sound of movement. I took tiny paces towards where I imagined the sofa must be, until she took the tray from my hands and then put one hand on my shoulders, another on my knee to guide me to sit down.

“That smells lovely,” I could hear that she was having fun already, and the half laugh in her voice made me wonder if I’d actually be allowed to see while we ate. She certainly had something else in mind. “Now, you said you picked a movie for us to watch?”

“Yes, Mistress,” I stammered in surprise. I’d been expecting to skip the film and go straight on to more intimate entertainments. I could feel her slowly tugging at the belt on my robe, and I really hoped she wasn’t going to tease me until I couldn’t take it any more before restoring some facade of normalcy while she allowed me to watch the movie, “Can you… the blindfold…?”

“Oh, of course, I almost forgot,” she giggled. But instead of some word that would unlock my subconscious, I felt the caress of velvet against my skin as she returned the real blindfold to my eyes. “Now, what am I going to be watching tonight? Oh yes, I see it…”

I imagined her fumbling with the remote, but I couldn’t even guess what she was thinking now. Watching a movie while I couldn’t see was a cruel twist, and not in the enjoyable way of the torments she’d subjected me to before. That would just be boring, and even when she was doing something that I didn’t particularly enjoy, she’d always done her best to make it fun. Especially when she was doing something I wouldn’t enjoy. Knowing I’d resist some of her ideas if I could was where the fun came in.

But she put the movie on. I could hear sound of crashing waves and the few plaintive notes I associated with one of the company logos that always seemed to start these things. I didn’t complain right away, because I felt sure she’d never be cruel enough to subject me to boredom. And I was right, because as the third note slowly played, I felt a slight tug on my belt and my robe fell open. Then Alex’s hand was on my knee, and I could feel that her fingers were still warm from where she’d presumably been touching a plate of hot food a moment before. I knew it wouldn’t be long before her fingers started to wander, and the tension grew more intense as I waited for one second, and then another, and a third.

I wasn’t expecting the touch of her tongue on the tip of my ear, or the arousal clear in her husky voice as she whispered: “I can’t believe how vulnerable you look, pet.” I gasped, my eyes wide under the blindfold and my body suddenly ready for whatever she wanted to do. When she said that word, any inhibitions I might have had were quickly whisked away and I could only think of serving her. I didn’t even stop to wonder when I’d got changed, or if I’d really just gone down to the kitchen wearing nothing but an almost-transparent silk robe. Then, when my thoughts were more focused on the movement of her lips, she thought it was time for her hand to move to my thigh. I think that one gesture set the tone for the evening: there was always some kind of teasing, building in intensity until it was hard to think about anything else, and then it was a touch elsewhere that brought me to the edge.

“Some kind of city,” she whispered in my ear, but I was so focused on the exploration of two of her fingers that I didn’t even wonder what she was talking about until she continued: “City rooftops, lights like stardust scattered over a row of cubes. Why do most of last year’s movies open with a city skyline at night?”

“You’re going to watch it on your own?” I couldn’t believe she’d even think of that, though I wasn’t thinking of the movie at all when her fingers reclaimed my attention, gently parting my lips and reminding me just how wet I was.

“No, pet!” She laughed briefly, and the wave of pleasure at hearing that word was even more intense. “We’re going to watch it together. I’ll be your eyes tonight.” It was a strange idea, but I couldn’t see any downside. I could just imagine how intense the experience would be, I would be constantly aware of her attention swinging back and forth between me and the movie. If my body had her full attention then we would both be missing a little of the video; and when the on-screen action was intense enough for her fingers to stop their teasing dance, I could spend every half-second craving just one more touch. Somewhere in there, she might find time to feed me as well, if she really intended to keep me blind for the whole night. I knew that it would be an exquisite experience.