The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

7 — Rules of the Game, and Shopping

I wondered if Jim had anything planned for the day. I had been hoping for a chance to talk to him before everyone else was up, but had got more than a little distracted. It had been worth it, though by the time we got to the kitchen everyone else had finished breakfast. Marten and Britney were sitting on opposite sides of the table now, talking animatedly over plates of cold food they seemed to have forgotten some time ago.

Marten was a a good friend, and also my first friend with benefits. He’d been in college when I first met him at 14, and had looked like a typical bad boy with gel-slicked hair and designer scuffed jeans. In the last four years he’d settled down a lot, though I rarely saw him without his trademark white vest top, and his jeans had holes more often than not once he changed out of his work chinos. He had a chiselled jaw and dark, wavy hair. The kind of guy that any girl would go wild for.

Britney was the only girl who caught his attention now, though, and I was happy for them. I was still good friends with Marten, and his girlfriend had turned out to be a good friend too. She was smart and funny, and it was her who’d drawn her best friend Kiva into our little circle. I’d swear, those two girls were like the most perceptive people I’d ever met.

As Alex strolled into the kitchen with me following, for example, Britney’s eyes darted between us and I knew she’d seen more than she let on. I hadn’t noticed, until I saw the momentary flicker of amused recognition, that I was following three steps behind my girlfriend like a pet trained to heel. I was starting to find it came naturally to act submissively whenever my mind had been on thoughts of obedience and humiliation, but it was a surprise to realise that my deference was so clearly visible after just a morning of mind-blowing sex and a conversation about Alex treating me as a pet.

I blushed so much it felt like my face was on fire. It was like some traitorous instinct wanted to be trained so much, I couldn’t help walking happily behind her like some kind of obedient puppy. The longer it went on, the more I realised the things that would have passed without question. I always looked to Alex when someone asked a question, or if a decision needed to be made. I was nervous about any thought of disagreeing with her, or disappointing her. It was so humiliating to think that our friends might have noticed me acting like this before I even saw it myself, but that embarrassment was somehow turning me on again, and made me want to do as I was told so much. It was something I noticed even more over the next couple of days; but it was Britney’s knowing glance on that Sunday morning that first brought it to my attention.

“Oh, hey girls,” Marten raised his hand in what could have been a half-hearted wave or a sloppy salute, “What’s up? You missed breakfast.” That was a relief at any rate, at least one person in the house was completely oblivious.

“Have you seen Jim this morning?” I figured it was safer not to try answering that question, “There’s something I wanted to ask him about.” Now that I’d started to notice, though, I found that I was glancing over at Alex, subconsciously seeking approval. I wouldn’t go talk to my master if she had other plans, of course. It was crazy to feel like that, and I wondered for a moment if there was some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion lingering in my mind. I knew that couldn’t be it, though, because that was one type of obedience that only Master could command. The thought gave me an interesting new idea, though, and I made a mental note to ask him about that when I saw him.

“I think he went to that DIY store on North Road,” Britney offered, “Said he needed some plasterboard to sort out the basement.”

“We have a basement?” Alex seemed more surprised than I would have expected. We’d barely seen half the house, so it wouldn’t surprise me too much to learn we had a whole extra level hidden somewhere, even a poky little cellar that could so easily become a kinky dungeon space. The possibilities could be endless, and I wondered if Jim had thought of any of the same ideas.

“I’ll go and see if he needs any help,” I blurted out. i couldn’t quite interrupt my love, but I needed to show that I could make a decision for myself, rather than asking permission. “I was going to head to the supermarket anyway, and it’ll be easier if he can give me a lift back with the shopping.”

“Are you making dinner for us today, then?” Britney asked. We hadn’t really planned a rota of one couple cooking for everyone, we’d only done it for the first day’s breakfast because my family was visiting. But it seemed like it might be simpler to carry on as we’d started, and I gave a little affirmative half shrug before I realised I was catching Alex’s gaze in search of approval.

“Good girl,” and I couldn’t help smiling.

* * *

I was feeling a whole lot less submissive by the time I got to the Harrowbrook Retail Park. I’d only been on the bus for fifteen minutes, but it felt like a lifetime with some jerk whose breath smelled of cheap vodka leering at me. It was good to find I could still be sharp and aggressive to the city’s loser drunks, and even without proper spike heels, it felt good to give his toes a firm stomp when the guy wouldn’t take a hint.

Now, I was starving. It was after noon already, but it wasn’t until I walked over the long footbridge that I realised I hadn’t actually found time to eat that morning. The park was a maze of plazas and huge, warehouse-like retail outlets and factory shops, interwoven with car parking and with an incredible number of bridges and subways allowing access to the different areas without having to cross the roadways. It was supposed to be the shopping solution of the future, but in the decade since it had been built it had failed to attract quite enough customers to justify the expense. It won all kinds of architectural awards, sure, and was praised by all kinds of reporters and experts for keeping pedestrians (including the children, family magazines were so keen to point out) separate from vehicular traffic. The only problem was that all the popularity didn’t seem to drive any more people to shop there.

Now, the buildings were looking decidedly worn, and the owners weren’t willing to pour further cash into renovations. A few store units were empty, and more had been taken over by less up-market retail outlets, like a giant hardware store and one place that specialised in remaindered books. The one place that did a roaring trade was a Burger King, by virtue of being right under the long, thin pedestrian bridge that stretched over the city’s main ring road. As I walked along, feeling the structure vibrating resonantly in time to my footsteps, I could smell the heavenly aroma of flame-grilled beef drifting up from the restaurant. I could have taken the staircase down to Summer Plaza, but instead I turned off before the end of the bridge and down the spiral steps right into the restaurant.

It was packed, but most people had just finished their lunch and were getting up to leave. I crammed myself into a tiny two-seat booth by the door, and wolfed down my burger while I texted Jim to find out where he was up to. I’m not sure if it was a good lunch or a good breakfast, but I know I enjoyed it more than usual because I was so hungry. It didn’t taste as good as it smelled, but then nothing ever does, even bacon. I thought about going back for another, as the café started to empty, but I knew that wouldn’t be the greatest thing I could do for my figure.

“Hey,” I jumped as I felt Jim’s hands on my shoulders, “What’s on your mind?”

“Geez, don’t scare me like that!” I was halfway to standing before I’d recognised my master’s voice, so it made sense to grab my bag and head back to whatever shopping we both had to do. I’ve always found it easier to talk while I walk. “I was just thinking about what I had to say to you.”

“And what’s that?” he smirked. He must have known I had something on my mind, he knew it was going to be hard to talk about, but he didn’t make it any easier. He can be a real jerk at times, and that’s one of the reasons I love him.

“I’ve been thinking about Jules. They like you, that much is obvious, and you care about them too. Now we’ve talked a bit, I think they’re going to be a good person to share a house with, could be a good friend, you know. And so pretty, too, so I was thinking… Why not? Is that okay with you?”

“You’re trying to get in Jules’s pants?” he seemed amused, which wasn’t the response I was hoping for. I’d been expecting either jealousy, or support and advice, but then I guess Jim was never one for doing what the world expects.

“No, not like that. I mean, they’re pretty and all, but I don’t know them that well yet. I’m not the kind of girl who’ll throw herself at anyone with a nice ass.” I thought for a second, and added “…any more.” because I know Jim appreciated truths even when they were a little uncomfortable.

“Well, I don’t mind as long as you’re happy. Have you spoken to Jules about this?” and that was what really drew me to him. Everyone said those kind of things, ‘I’ll do anything for you’, or ‘whatever makes you happy’, but I think Jim was the only guy I’ve ever seen who really means it. He wants us to all be happy, even if that means sacrificing any attempt at normalcy. If I wanted to be a raving nymphomaniac, I know he’d be happy with that; just as long as I wasn’t back on my crazy path to self destruction.

“Yeah, we talked about it. Kind of. I think they’re going to be flirting with you, too. I said I didn’t mind, as long as they’re not bugging you.”

“Are you sure you’re fine with that?” he seemed thoughtful for a moment, “I think they’re already trying, but being pretty subtle about it. Remember, Jules might be a few years older than you, but they don’t have any experience of the real world. They must be really nervous.”

“Yeah. They were pretty direct with us, though. Practically challenged me and Alex to a race, see who can get them naked first.”

That got Master’s attention. He turned around to face me with a big grin on his face. “Now that’s the kind of game I love,” he was practically bursting with anticipation, all of a sudden. “And you gave me an idea for a game we can all play. A little fun – I guess you can call it fun – to get one more person involved in our little relationship triangle, without having to worry about all the deep feelings-and-responsibilities stuff for a while. Call it a trial period, a sandbox mode, or just an experiment. That something you’d be up for?”

“Umm…” I paused, unsure what was on his mind. He was actually asking me, so I knew his mysterious idea must be something he wasn’t sure I’d approve of. But how could I say yes or no without even knowing… “Depends what the idea is.”

“Oh yeah,” and a little chuckle, “I was getting so excited, I didn’t realise I’d have to spell it out. It’s a bit weird though, so if you think it’s too freaky you can stop me any time. Some of the things I think of, after all that time on Controlspace, probably sound like a nightmare to any normal–”

“How about I stop you right now?” I interrupted, “We’re in a three way relationship. Me and Alex think of you as ‘Master’. You’re a hypnotist, and you change the way we think as part of some game or other nearly every week. In case you haven’t noticed, that’s all weird, and none of us even wants to be normal. So no, just tell me what the idea is. If it turns out to be too freaky, I can just say no. I won’t explode over it.”

In the end, it took him more than an hour (and what must have been half the cookies from a little refreshment stall) to get through the explanation. He stopped and started a bit, still worrying what I might be offended by, though I don’t remember hearing anything extreme enough to justify that. It was actually quite a simple concept: he’d ask Jules if he could set a trigger in their mind, to become as horny as they could possibly imagine, any time someone said the right magic words. If they could figure it out and say it in front of him, then he wouldn’t object and would do whatever he could to satisfy those urges. But if me or Alex guessed the magic words first, then it was us who’d be able to do whatever we wanted with Jules. A more imaginative way to play the game Jules had asked for.

I said yes without thinking, and really hoped Jules would go for it too. We could have our fun, and it would just be a game. We could do whatever we wanted, and we’d all know it didn’t have to mean anything; it wasn’t an insult if it didn’t work out. If it did work out, if it was really good, then we could decide afterwards if we wanted it to mean something, or to get closer, but there was to be no expectation until then. And the idea of playing a game like that turned me on so much.

Then I looked at the big clock on the side of the nearest building, and wondered how it could possibly have taken an hour to give that simple an explanation.

“Master, did you just put me in a trance? I didn’t even notice, what have you done?”

“Well,” and there was that cruel, enigmatic bastard grin again, that I loved so much. “It wouldn’t be fair to make Jules’s mind the prize in some sick, perverted sex game, unless everyone’s got a game of their own to play.” He was right, of course. The only problem was that the feelings of humiliation and helplessness – knowing I’d been hypnotised and programmed in a public place and I didn’t even remember what he’d done – were turning me on so much I could hardly think straight as we went to finish the shopping trip.