The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Omega Girl 5

by J. Darksong

Epilogue:

The shifting grass blowing in the wind stroked her cheek, waking her up. Lacie yawned, stretching, as she took in her surroundings. She felt exhausted, and the idea of lying back down, closing her eyes, and drifting back to sleep for another few days appealed to her greatly. Then, she remembered the reason for her exhaustion, and she sat up, suddenly very awake.

“Where am I? Where is this?” She glanced down at herself, and noticed with a start that she was completely naked. She was also apparently lying in the middle of a grassy field atop a hill, very much like the one she’d awakened on when she’d first returned from the dimension Jeremiah King had sent her into to live out her ideal fantasy life.

Speaking of fantasies... could all of that... everything I experienced... have been just a dream? She moved to stand up, placing a hand down on the grass to push up, then winced in pain. Standing up, she glanced down at her hand, which bore several deep gashes, and was covered in dried caked blood. My hand... it really hurts. Guess it wasn’t a dream then. Does that mean... I’m back in the real world again?

“I’d definitely say so.”

Lacie whirled around, her hands automatically moving to cover herself. Coming up the hill, panting slightly with the effort, stood Anastasia Albinn, a wide grin plastered across her face. “Yes, dear dear friend, you most certainly are back in the real world again. And yes, everything is back to the way it was... more or less.”

“Ana! You’re alive! I thought King destroyed your spirit when... more or less?” Lacie said with a frown, dropping her hands. “What exactly do you mean? What’s wrong? Did I fix everything or not?”

Ana sighed. “It’s... difficult to explain, exactly. When you altered this reality to the way it is now, you altered me as well. I can feel that things are different, and I know that you used your powers to change things, that you saved us all from a threat none of us even remember... but as to the details, I’m not quite sure.” She frowned, shaking her head. “Even now, standing here talking to you about it, I can feel the dim memories of the future I foresaw fading, as this new reality solidifies. By tomorrow, I probably won’t remember any of this at all.”

Lacie nodded, sighing. “Okay. Well, the main concern is to know if I removed all of King’s influence from this world. Is everyone safe? Does the United States still exist? Are the other countries of the world back to being themselves? And... does everyone in the world still consider me Public Enemy Number One?”

Ana blinked. “I... well, yes, to the first two... but I don’t understand. Why would the world consider one of the most decorated and beloved heroines in history as a Public Enemy?”

“Good,” Lacie breathed a sigh of relief. “Never mind. Just skip it. I’m hoping that means that I managed to edit out all of King’s changes to the past when I rolled time back. I wasn’t sure I managed to undo everything... I got interrupted before I could finish.”

“Interrupted?”

Lacie nodded. “He tried to destroy everything. Literally. He used the last bit of his power to upset the balance between dimensions, trying to bring about the end of the universe. It took everything I had and then some to seal the rift.” She sighed, closing her eyes, remembering. “If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t have succeeded.”

“Them?” Ana asked, intrigued. “Who’s ‘them’? Are you saying you had help?”

Lacie nodded silently, a tear running down the side of her cheek. The two youngsters that had shared their power with her, sustaining her, empowering her, encouraging her not to quit, not to give up. She carried their images in her memory now, and she would carry their words in her heart always...

* * *

“You did great,” the young man had said to her, even as she floated along listlessly in the void. “We knew you could do it. I never doubted you for an instant.”

“I know you’re tired,” the girl had responded as well, “but we need you to do just one more thing. Easy, compared to what you’ve already endured. We need you to live.”

“No... so tired... please... just let me go... let me sleep...” Lacie had moaned, her life essence holding itself together only through the efforts of her two young helpers. “Everyone... safe...I’m done... just... let me go...”

The couple had shaken their heads. “Sorry, but I’m afraid you’re not done yet. You have a long life ahead of you, Omega Girl, and more heroic deeds left to do.”

“I know it may not seem like it now,” the girl had spoken gently, stroking her face, “but believe me, Mom, the best is yet to come.”

Lacie’s eyes had opened then. “Mom. Did... you call me... mom?”

“Yeah,” the young man replied then, taking his sister by the hand. “You’re our mother. Or rather, you will be. So you see, you have to live... for us, if nothing else.”

They began to shimmer slightly then, the light they were emitting growing dim. Lacie’d reached towards them, weakly, crying out for them not to leave her. The two merely smiled.

“Don’t worry, Mom, we’re not going anywhere,” the boy, Jimmy, had answered. “You’ll see us both again soon enough.”

“Oh, and tell Auntie Sarah and Auntie Val ‘hi’ for me when you see them,” Katie Ann had added, mysteriously, just before they had faded from sight...

* * *

“Oh my,” Ana said, blinking, seeing the images from Lacie’s mind. “Your children?”

“Possibly,” she said softly. “That’s part of what scares me so much, wondering if I may have screwed something up trying to fix the past. Eugene and I tried having kids before, and—” Her eyes widened. “Oh my God! Gene!” She sank to her knees. “No... no. I forgot. God...”

“Lacie, please, what’s wrong? What about your husband?”

She shook her head. “I’m a fool. I complete and utter fool. I used all of my time and energy fixing everyone else’s problems, I forgot to bring back Gene.” She laughed without humor. “I was going to bring him back once I’d restored this world back to normal... but then King stepped in, and tried to destroy everything...” She sighed. “And now the crystal is gone, shattered, destroyed in the process of saving the world.”

Ana nodded, looking down. “You know, just because you didn’t consciously bring him back into this reality doesn’t mean he’s not here. He might have been restored along with the rest of the population when you removed all of King’s temporal contamination. I mean, it’s possible... isn’t it?”

But Lacie shook her head. “Gene disappeared at the end of that whole Argentum Project debacle a few years back. Sarah told me the whole thing was the work of... some kind of clone, or evil twin, or something.” She sighed. “The point is, King had nothing to do with Gene’s disappearance.”

“I see.” Ana was quiet for a long moment, then patted her friend on the shoulder. “Well, whatever the case, you can’t give up hope. C’mon, I’ll give you a lift back to town in my truck.”

Lacie raised an eyebrow. “You drove out here to find me?”

“Of course. I knew you’d be too weak to fly back home, and I certainly couldn’t carry you all the way back as an astral projection.” She glanced back over her shoulder. “Oh, I also brought some clothes with me. Nothing too fancy, but should keep us from being pulled over on the drive back.”

Soon enough, they were both in Ana’s truck, turning back onto a dirt road leading back to the highway. “At least it’s finally over,” Lacie said, more to herself than anyone else.

“Are you sure?” Ana asked a moment later. “Sure he can’t come back, I mean. After all, he removed you from this universe, sent you into a whole other reality, and you managed to come back.”

“I thought of that,” Lacie admitted. “That’s why the first thing I did when I rolled time back was to make sure Jeremiah King never becomes a threat.”

* * *

The dust settled slowly as the trembling subsided. Awareness came on suddenly, as if thrust upon him, and with a gasp, Jeremiah King opened his eyes. The pain came an instant later, not the all-over down-to-the-core pain he’d experienced at the moment of his decomposition, but a stinging, burning pain, centered entirely in his lower legs. His crushed HUMAN legs, which were pinned underneath more than a ton of rock and dirt.

“I... it worked!” he said, laughing, then coughing from the thick dust. “I’m back... back at that moment where I first uncovered the stone!” He sighed in relief, feeling a sense of triumph fill him. “Stupid little fool... thought she could destroy someone like ME! Little did she know, I bound my soul eternally to this moment in time, in the unlikely event that I was actually defeated, I could return her, with a full memory of everything I’d experienced before! All I need do now is to dig through a few feet of loose dirt and sand, touch the stone, and receive it’s power... and the time loop will be complete! And this time when I face Omega Girl in the future, I won’t make the mistake of underestimating her. Once I’ve taken her power, and bonded once more with my crystal, I will send her directly into oblivion!”

He continued to chuckle darkly as he shoveled handful after handful of dirt out of his way, all the while contemplating his revenge. Having obtained the full powers of the crystal, he’d considered removing the bindings around his soul, viewing it as a needless precaution. Now he was glad he’d erred on the side of caution. As unlikely as it was that someone would actually manage to find a way to kill an immortal, he thought dimly, coughing again from the dust, still, finding ways to do the impossible is what those stupid comic book heroes are all about. I’ll have to remember that, in the future.

The ground shook again, sending small pebbles and stones cascading down. One struck him just above the ear, and King frowned, scowling. Dammit. Where the hell is that stupid thing buried? I know it’s here somewhere. He placed a hand over his mouth to help strain out the dust. It was getting hard to breathe. C’mon... c’mon... I know it’s here somewhere! It’s been a few thousand years, but I know it’s right here, just in arm’s reach!

Suddenly, there was another shift, and with a loud crash the rest of the ground caved in around him. Panicked, King fought wildly, digging and clawing with his free hand, his left still covering his mouth, trying to keep the dirt from pouring in. A sharp rock came down, piercing him through his spine, and his movements stilled. Panic turned to terror, as King found himself buried alive, paralyzed, unable to find his salvation, which he knew was just inches away.

No. NO! he screamed inside his mind, as his body began to choke. So close, so bloody close. If only I can reach it... noooooo...

“...ooooooooo aaahhh!!” King screamed, jerking up slightly. He was still in darkness, but no longer completely buried. His legs, still pinned beneath the rubble, continued to send waves of pain and agony through him, but he ignored them as he tried to realize what had happened. He could breath, although the air was slightly dusty, and the weight and pressure on his head and chest was gone.

“I’m back... back in that moment again,” he said aloud, realizing. “I must have died in the cave in before I uncovered the stone.”

The soul binding he’d initiated during the first time loop was obviously still in effect, sending his spirit back into himself at the same moment he’d awakened to earlier, just before discovering the reality gem. Somehow he’d missed finding it on his second go round, and upon his death, he’d been restored to the moment again, giving him another try.

No problem. This time I’ll dig it out before the roof has a chance to collapse in on me, he thought with determination. If that stone is down here, I’ll find it!

Moving with a singular goal in mind, Jeremiah King managed to uncover an area several feet deep before the ground began to tremble in warning. Debris rained down once more, and a small stone struck him, again, just above his ear. Damn! What the hell... I don’t understand! The gem... that crystal is HUGE! Even if my digging were off by a few feet in any direction, digging this far down I should have at least touched a part of it! C’mon, c’mon, c’mon... dammit it’s GOT to be here!

Moments later, the earth gave another shake, and the ground above him collapsed. Pinned once more, panic filled him as his mouth and nose filled with dirt, both his hands outstretched in front of him in a vain last-second attempt to reach out and find the gem...

“...AAAHHHHHH! AHH! AHH! No... no! NO! Not again!” King yelled, as awareness of his surroundings returned in a flash. The soul binding had returned him yet again to the moment just after his legs had been pinned in the rockslide. Once more, he had returned to life, only now he realized the fatal flaw in his plan.

That bitch! he fumed, feeling a terror that surpassed even the blinding numbing panic he’d felt at the moment of his death twice before. I don’t know how she did it, but she moved the stone! She trapped me here! I’m stuck in an endless loop, struggling to survive for a few precious moments just before the roof caves in the rest of the way, burying me alive! There’s no way out... nothing I can do, no way to escape! I’m stuck here for eternity, dying, then living, just to die once again, all the while remembering everything that happened beforehand!

The ground around him gave a warning tremor, and small bits of debris fell. A familiar ache filled his head as the stone struck him, again, just above his ear. A deep chuckling laugh bubbled up inside him, carrying a deep madness with it, and as the earth began to tremble once more, signaling the end, Jeremiah King gave in to the urge, laughing loudly, insanely, as his mind fractured under the heavy knowledge of his eternal fate...

* * *

“...and then she dropped me off back at home, where I took a shower, then went to bed to rest,” Lacie finished up, leaning back in her recliner. Her friends, Eva Snow, Parker Albinn, his mother, Anastasia, and Veronica Mitchell, were all sitting on the couch, listening intently. “I literally slept for days, only crawling out of bed to eat, and use the bathroom. Still, I finally feel something close to my own self again.”

“Interesting,” Ana said, dumbfounded. “And I’m the one that came and brought you back home? That’s so weird... I remember taking a drive out into the county last week before stopping by to visit Eva and have dinner... but I don’t recall even seeing you, Lacie.”

“Yeah, I kind of figured. You said, at the time, that your memories of events before I turned things back to normal again was cloudy at best, and fading fast.” She shrugged. “If only I had that problem. My head is full of memories... from two separate time lines, two separate lives. It’s a little bit disconcerting.”

“Heh, at least you actually EXISTED,” Parker said with a huff. “I can’t believe the rest of us got wasted! What a rip off!”

“You were there in spirit, Parker,” Lacie said with a grin. “In fact, it was mimicking your sonic powers that gave me the key to beating him.” She sighed. “Still, I wish I could have held on to one of those shards. I could have restored your powers, among other things...”

“Hey, don’t sweat it,” Parker said with a shrug. “No use crying over spilled milk. Besides, we went from being DEAD to being alive and well again, thanks to you. I count that as a win—OOOWWW!! Roni? What the hell?”

“Parker!” Roni said with a scowl, punching his arm again. “Could you kindly change the subject, please?”

“What? Geez, I was just thanking her for bringing us back from the d... aaahh... shit... oh, oh, Lacie, I’m sorry, damn...” He said, lowering his head. “Mr. Insensitive strikes again.”

“Don’t worry about it, Parker,” Lacie said quietly, forcing a smile. “I’m coping. It’ll take a while to get used to it, but I’m not going to go off the deep end again, like last time.”

“I know,” Eva said softly, reaching over to touch her hand. “And you already know, if you need anything, all you have to do is call.”

Lacie’s forced smile became a real one. “Thanks, Eva. I’ll hold you to that.”

“So, what do you have planned next on the agenda?” Roni asked, crossing her legs. “Everything seems fairly safe and secure for the moment. There’s certainly nothing that needs the attention of an Alpha class heroine at the moment.”

“Which is a good thing, actually,” Lacie said, yawning slightly. “Even after a week of rest, I’m still pretty worn out. I can barely bench press a station wagon at my current strength level. Which is why, more than any other reason, I’ve decided to take a trip to Midas City.”

“Midas?” the others asked all at once. “How long will you be gone?” Veronica asked. “I mean, in case things get... interesting while you’re away?”

“About a week or so,” Lacie said with a shrug. “I’m not too concerned. I’m sure you and Parker can keep the city safe for a few days, right?”

“Not that it’s really any of my business,” Eva said after a moment, “but why head off to Midas right now, all out of the blue?”

“Well... it was something my d... something someone mentioned to me in that other reality,” she amended, trying not to think too much it. “Besides, I haven’t visited in a while, and I hear Silver Girl’s both a mother and an aunt now.” She smiled wistfully. “If I can’t be a doting mom myself right now, the least I can do is go ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’, and fawn all over HER kids.”

“Tell her I said ‘hi’ as well,” Parker said with a grin. “Just don’t volunteer me to babysit.” He shuddered slightly. “I did that all during the summer while I was still in high school, and even though I’ve never enlisted in the military, I consider myself a veteran. Oh, the horror stories I could tell you.”

Everyone laughed, the mood lightening significantly. Lacie caught Parker’s eye, and he winked. Thanks, Parker. You always know how to make me laugh. And I really needed to laugh right now.

A knock sounded at the door, and Lacie rose to his feet. “Heh. Sounds like company. Not sure who it could be since all of my friends are already here. Excuse me a second.” Walking to the door, she glanced through the peephole, then frowned, seeing no one there. Just as she started to turn away, the knock sounded again. Growling her frustration, she reached for the doorknob, opening the door wide.

“All right! Who’s the practical joker?” she grumbled, peering outside. A moment later, a very familiar man stepped out from behind the side of her house where he’d been hiding, giving her a lopsided grin.

“What? No hug for an old friend? Or did I actually managed to render you speechless for a change?”

“JERRY!” Lacie screamed, wrapping her arms around him, lifting him off the ground as she hugged. “Oh my God! It’s really you! And... you’re WALKING!”

“Yeah...” he gasped, pushing against her with all his might, “I was walking... until my friend with the strength... of a hundred gorillas... crushed my newly repaired spine... in a bear hug!”

“Oh, sorry, sorry,” she said, dropping him. She shook her head in wonder. “I thought you were dead. You disappeared around the same time Gene did.”

“Yes, well, it’s a long story, that,” Jerry said with a smirk. “Long and complicated. Probably best to let the man tell you all about it himself.”

“Hello, loveling.”

Lacie’s heart skipped. She paused, not wanting to turn, not daring to look. Scarcely daring to breath. When she didn’t immediately turn, strong callused fingers grabbed her shoulder, and pulled, slowly but firmly, turning her around. It was early evening, and the sun was fairly low in the sky, and a light blinded her momentarily of the view, his face cast in shadow. Then the man, taller than her own normal five foot eleven frame, stepped forward, and his face came into view.

His sandy brown hair was unkempt, and frizzy, in sore need of a haircut. Dark circles surrounded his eyes, which seemed hollow and sunken in, and the skin of his face seemed pale compared to its normal ruddy complexion. A full beard covered the bottom part of his face, a thick growth of hair that had to have taken several months, if not years, to accumulate. And his frame, always somewhat lanky for his height, seemed somehow more fragile, and weak, as if a strong breeze would blow him away. Yet his eyes were clear and intelligent as they started at her, and his mouth was bent in a familiar smirk.

“Gene,” she breathed, the name tumbling from her lips as she dared once more to hope. “Is that... is that really you?”

“Aye, lass,” he whispered softly, pulling her into his arms. “It’s me. I’ve returned to ye, love. I’ve come home.”

((end))