The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Omega Girl 4

by J. Darksong

(Chapter 2: Storm Clouds Gathering)

Yuma, Arizona

Douglas Williams sat calmly in the center of his bunk, legs crossed, hands on his knees, in a perfect lotus position. His eyes were closed, and his breathing was soft and shallow. His heart beat was so slow it was nearly non-existent. He was the picture of serenity, appearing for all intents and purposes to be, not a man, but a perfectly carved statue of a man.

“Chow time, Williams,” a guard yelled out, banging loudly on the heavy re-enforced Nth metal door outside his cell. Sliding a plastic tray of food into the small lead-lined connector, the guard pulled hard on the switch, sliding it forward. Metal clamped down on metal, sealing the first opening firmly before the second opened, spitting out the plastic tray. Williams said nothing, remaining in place, ignoring the food as well as the guard that had brought it.

“C’mon, Williams. What’s the matter? Aren’t you hungry?” the guard taunted, peering at him through the 5-inch thick glass. “Don’t tell me the big bad FREAK has lost his appetite!” He laughed, shaking his head. “Well, its fine by me if you don’t eat it. Go ahead and starve yourself. Make the world a better place—”

“Johnson, that’s enough!”

The guard, Johnson, whirled around to find his superior, Mike Daniels, head of security, glaring back at him. “What in hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Nothing, Sir,” Johnson said, going to attention, “just bringing the prisoner his dinner, that’s all.”

Daniels shook his head. Stepping up to the window, he glanced inside, then sighed softly. “Look, Johnson. This facility houses the worst of the worst, the most dangerous, evil, twisted, and psychotic criminals in the country. That’s everyone from your run-of-the-mill serial killers to the extremely dangerous super powered criminals like Williams there. And even though no one has managed to escape from this facility since it was built seventy years ago, you probably shouldn’t push your luck with someone who can vaporize an entire town!”

“Right, sir, Yes, sir,” Johnson nodded, giving his superior lip service, hoping he’d let the matter drop. “I’ll bear that in mind, sir.”

Daniels shook his head. “Look, just watch yourself, Daniels. Don’t go provoking the inmates, alright? You do your job, keep your nose clean, and maybe you’ll make it to retirement age like me.” Grumbling softly, the senior guard departed, peering back over his shoulder now and again to make sure his subordinate was behaving himself. Johnson waited until the heavy metal cell block door closed before he dropped his smile.

“Uptight old geezer,” he mumbled to himself, rapping the edge of his nightstick idly against the wall. “Shit... can’t wait till he retires. Six months of his shit... oh well, I only have to put up with him for three more days.” He grinned evilly. “You hear that, Williams?” he yelled loudly, banging loudly on the door. “Three more days... and then I’m the senior guard of Block D. Then things are gonna be run a bit differently.”

Douglas sat perfectly still, serene, ignoring him completely. “Hey!! I’m talking to you, freak!” Johnson yelled back, banging again. When the inmate still refused to respond, he turned away, growling in contempt. “Fine. Hope you enjoy your dinner, freak... it’s the last one you’ll be getting for a long while. We’ll see if a week of fasting can’t unseal those lips of yours!” Angry, he stormed off, heading into the next section of cells.

After another minute or so, a soft sigh escaped his Doug’s lips. Opening his eyes, he stretched, unfolding his arms and legs, slowly working the feeling back into them. Padding over to the door, he retrieved the tray of food, glaring down at it, disdainfully. Fried liver and boiled Brussels sprouts—his two least favorite foods. Still, he needed his nutrition, so, pushing aside his dislike, he dug in.

Eating, he glanced over at the calendar on the wall. He nodded softly to himself. The day of his liberation was fast approaching. It was his Master’s will that he had been sent to this prison, to wait and bide his time. The old Douglas might have balked at such treatment, might have resented being locked away to rot while obnoxious bastards like his guard Johnson were allowed to live. The new Douglas, however, was patient, willing to wait however long his Master wished before he was summoned forth once more. He knew, as well as his Master, that even a pawn had its uses, and he longed to be useful again.

Of course, sooner WAS still better than later.

Holding the empty plate and tray in his hands, he focused his powers, starting to glow with a deep emerald green glow. The objects in his hands began to sizzle and melt, bubbling and smoking from the heat. The walls likewise began to glow slightly, the carbon rods embedded in the floor, walls and ceiling absorbing his excess radiation harmlessly, preventing any from escaping the confines of his cell. Once the platter had completely disintegrated, he stopped, pushing his energy back inside him once again. Bored, he turned to the small collection of books lining the bookshelf in the corner, and pulled out an old favorite, The Catcher in the Rye. Lying back down on his bunk, he began to read.

* * *

River City

“So... tell me about you and Lacie Frasier.”

Eva nearly choked, sputtering in her cappuccino, causing Melissa to giggle sweetly. “Geez. For a mind-reader, I sure do catch you off guard a lot.”

Wiping her mouth and blotting her ivory bathrobe, Eva leveled a withering glare at her secretary/lover. “Yes, and you always seem to time it just when I’ve a mouth full of drink. I do believe you’re enjoying having me all flustered.”

Melissa, similarly dressed, merely laughed, brushing a lock of hair out of her face. “Well, it IS a nice change of pace, all things considered. Usually, all I get to see of you is the calm, cool, and poised Dr. Snow, always so utterly composed. It’s kinda nice to see you’re human after all.” Her smiled turned serious. “But you’re avoiding the question. What’s the deal with you and Mrs. Frasier?”

Eva frowned, staring at the cup in her hand. In the past few days, she and Melissa had become very close, and she’d discovered to her amazement just how warm and caring a person she was. After their first night together, she’d been wracked with so much uncertainty and guilt over whether she was unconsciously pushing Melissa deeper into this relationship that the other girl intended that she’d come clean, telling her about her Gift, and the truth of what had happened to them both two years ago, adding that the feelings she felt for her most likely weren’t real. Eva had half-expected the girl to be furious, to rant and rave, possibly even to strike her... and was completely stunned when she responded instead with a deep passionate kiss. Melissa had listened carefully, taking in all in stride, weighing what she now knew with what she felt, and decided that the past was in the past, and the present, and of course the future, was what mattered.

“I feel what I feel for you, now,” she’d said simply, smiling brilliantly. “That’s all that matters now. If I could change anything about the past, it would be to tell myself not to wait two years to tell you how I really feel about you.” Eva had responded to that by pulling her into a deep, soulful kiss as well.

Needless to say, she’d shared a lot with Mel after that, about herself, her past, and her family. Still, Lacie was one of the few secrets she’d kept. As much a part of her life as Melissa had become, Eva still felt a strong sense of loyalty to her former friend, and her secret identity. Not that I think Mel is working with some covert outfit or criminal organization, or anything... and I don’t think she’s the type to just run off and tell all of her friends and acquaintances the news... but it just doesn’t feel right to reveal her secrets to anyone not already in the know...

Choosing her words carefully, she turned to face her lover. “Lacie Frasier is a... touchy subject right now. You know well enough now that we had a... a falling out of sorts.” She sighed softly. “She’s been through a lot the past few years... I was helping her recover from a mental breakdown, and, well, we grew to be close friends.”

Melissa nodded neutrally. “I see. Close... like us?”

Oh. Now I get it. “No... not like us,” Eva said, reaching out to caress her lover’s hand. “And not for any want of trying. Let’s just say that we eventually agreed to just stay friends.” Friends with benefits, she added mentally, deciding not to share THAT rather strange and complicated aspect of Lacie’s therapy with her lover just yet. “Besides, she’s married to a perfectly wonderful man, who’s also a dear friend of mine.” She sighed shaking her head. “Or rather, he was.”

“Was?” Melissa leaned forward. “Did you two have a falling out as well after you and Lacie... parted ways?”

“No, no, nothing like that. If anything, he was the reason that Lacie’s in the state she’s currently in. You see, he’s... disappeared. He left for Midas City to give some last minute technical support for the Argentum Project a while back... around the same time Silver Girl took down the whole operation, revealing it to be another plan to take over the world. A number of people turned up missing at the end of that fiasco, and Eugene was one of them.” She shook her head. “It didn’t help matters that they were having marriage problems due to losing their baby a few months earlier.”

“Oh, the poor dear,” Melissa whispered regretfully. “No wonder the poor girl just packed up and left! If the love of my life had just suddenly disappeared like that... my God... I can’t even imagine what it would feel like to lose everything and everyone I hold dear that way...”

“I can,” Eva whispered back, reaching out to caress Melissa’s face. “It makes you appreciate the things you have all the more... and cling to them all the tighter.”

The two held each other for a long moment, saying nothing, merely content to bask in each others’ presence. Then, after a while, Melissa pulled away. “Okay, enough of that. I know you, sweetheart... if I just let it go, you’re going to get all introspective and moody, thinking about what you might have said or done differently to help your friend somehow, to keep all of this from happening. And no amount of telling you that you couldn’t have stopped it, that there was no one you could have predicted or planned for every possible occurrence will do any good... especially since you already KNOW that, and you’re beating yourself up for no good reason.”

Eva blinked, then laughed. “Damn... you DO know me only too well. I’m starting to wonder which one of us truly IS psychically gifted.”

Mel merely winked saucily. “Be that as it may, loveling, the issue at hand is to take your mind of your friend Lacie, and keep you from going all ‘Moody-Judy’ on me.” Standing up from the table, she moved towards Eva’s bedroom, glancing back over her shoulder at her with a come-hither look. She shrugged a shoulder slightly, allowing the robe to slide down a bit, revealing bare skin. “Now... how can I possibly tale your mind off that ‘other woman’ you’re so concerned with?” Wiggling her bottom as she sashayed down the hallway, she added, “I guess I’ll go and slip into the shower while I... consider the possibilities.”

Eva paused for half a second, considering cleaning up the breakfast dishes first, then chuckling softly to herself, ran down the hall after her seducer.

* * *

Thousand Oaks, California

“Dammit! We need more water over here, now!” Phil Bergan yelled, aiming his hose for the base of the wall of flames before him. Between the firebreaks the others had dug and the water they were pouring out, they were managing to keep the flames at bay. Barely. Flash fires in the California grasslands were notoriously unpredictable as well as tenacious. Originally from Idaho, he and several of his companions had heeded the nationwide call for help, joining others in battle against the fires. For more than two weeks now they’d fought to keep the blaze contained, pushing it back, nearly beating it, only to have a sudden wind sweep up to fan the dying flames into an inferno once more.

“Hey, we’ve got another drop coming!” his partner David Higer replied, pointing upwards. In the sky above, a rescue helicopter hovered just overhead, opening its bay doors as it slid slowly into position. It began moving forward, dumping its payload of dirt directly onto the fire, smothering it, forming a large open path through the flames. “Here’s our chance! We’re going in! Keep the water comin’, buddy, we’re gonna need it.”

Nodding, Phil cleared a path for David and the others to advance. “Don’t take too long,” he warned. “The reserve truck hasn’t gotten here yet, and the wind could change things at any time. Find those guys and get the hell out of there!”

Making their way through the smokefilled, dusty ruins of, the firefighters soon came across what appeared to be the burned out remains of a campsite. A hard blackened glob of plastic and metal—the remains of the campers’ tent—lay off to one side, hopefully abandoned when the campers realized the danger they were in. Shit... looks like the fire came this way, alright... but the grass isn’t scorched to the west... maybe the wind shifted again before it could completely overrun the area.

“Hey! This is the Park County Fire Department!” David yelled out, removing his oxygen mask. “We’re here to rescue you! If anyone’s still alive out here, give me a sign!”

“Yo, Dave, over here!” Deborah, one of the other firefighters, called out. “Think we’ve found something!”

The rescuers followed their companion several feet down the hill, over to small ditch. Two men, slightly singed, and looking much worse for wear, were waving frantically from their hiding spot. Deb was already tending to their injuries, as well as prepping them for transport. One of them sported a broken leg, which Debbie was in the process of splinting. His friend, aside from several cuts and bruises, and a few slight burns, was just fine.

“Okay. We need to move back across the fire line as quickly as possible, before the wind shifts again. You,” Dave said, pointing to the uninjured camper, “help Debbie carry your friend back. The rest of us will clear the way and keep the fire back, just in case...”

“—come in, Dave,” Phil’s voice came through on the radio. “Wind’s changed again. We’ve got trouble. Came up from behind us this time... and that water truck we were waiting on to relieve us? Fire swept through and caught it. Our guys got out before they were taken by the flames, but the truck was destroyed. We’re cut off, buddy... and we’re almost out of water!”

Shit! David groaned inwardly. That’s it. If we can’t get back behind the fire line before our water runs out... we’ve had it. It’ll take hours to get another truck up here. “Phil, what about the chopper? We’ve got two injured civilians here needing medical attention. Can we airlift out of here?”

“Way ahead of ya, pal, but even that’s gonna be a problem. The closest one, the one that just made the drop, already went back to pick up another load. It can be back in about ten minutes, but it can’t carry everyone out in one trip. The closest other chopper is at least half an hour away, and we’ll be toast long before they get here.”

Dave dropped his radio, stunned, as a blast of heat to his right caught his attention. The fire, beaten back for the moment, had returned, coming not from the front or the back, but from their side. His fellow firefighters ran, heading back towards Phil and the others with the hoses, half-carrying, half-dragging the injured camper with them.

“Dave! Move it!” Deb yelled back over her shoulder as the firefighter stood there, staring at the wall of death coming for them. “Dave!”

At the last second, a strong feminine hand grabbed him by the shoulder, lifting him out of the way. David gasped, shaking his head in amazement at the fire lapping at the ground below where he’d just been standing.

Wait a second. Below???

“You okay down there?” Lacie asked firefighter as she made her way back behind the fire line. She smirked at his stunned expression, as she dropped him down safely. “Sorry to be so abrupt, but I think your friends might appreciate a lift as well.” Streaking back up, and through the flames, she darted off, returning seconds later to drop off two more members of their squad, before diving through the flames once more.

Dave pulled off his mask and helmet, staring in utter amazement. Phil slapped him on the back a moment later, grinning ear to ear. “Well, old buddy, looks like we’ll live through this mess after all. Damn... it’s a good thing she showed up when she did. I know Omega Girl can’t be everywhere at once, but I’m sure glad she decided to drop by our neck of the woods.” Dave sighed, nodding.

“You said it. I thought... man, when you told me the water truck had crashed, that the fire line had changed again... and then when I looked up to see that wall of fire coming up at me...” Dave looked down at the ground. “In this job, there’s always a chance of death. I mean, you face it every day. It’s part of what you deal with when you’re a firefighter... you go forward when every instinct tells you to run. But just then... it was like, I was looking Death Herself in the face. I knew it... I just knew it... I wasn’t getting out of this one alive.”

“Geez, pal, you’re really shaken up, huh?” Phil asked, concerned. “Look, all that matters is that you’re alive and well, thanks to Omega Girl. Hell, we all are! But even so, we’ve still got a job to do, here... we need to regroup and meet up with the others and see if we can do something about this fire once and for all.”

“Actually, I have an idea or two about that, myself,” Lacie replied, depositing the last two of the group safely to the ground. “The big problem is that this area is so dry that the entire ground is like an endless supply of tender fueling the fire, and that all of the water you’re using to try and fight it is being brought in from an outside source. What you need is some help from Mother Nature... and what she needs is a helping hand.”

With that, she leapt skyward once more. High above the fire, she searched the skies, looking for anything promising. Far to the west, along the coastline, she spotted a pair of large white clouds, and streaked towards them. At the center, she took out the small heavy box she’d brought, and began spinning around rapidly, spreading the silver iodide out in all directions. She exited the cloud as it mushroomed out, turning dark, lightning and thunder beginning to issue forth.

“Good,” she said with a grin, opening a second box. “Now let’s see if I can give any of the other clouds a nice Silver lining.”

With the two huge storm clouds gathering along the coastline, Lacie put part two of her plan into action. Streaming upwards, she lifted higher, moving to the very edge of the atmosphere, shuddering slightly from the cold, before zooming downwards at storm at superhuman speeds. The sheer speed of her passing caused a small vacuum, sucking the cloud masses forward, sending them forward along the path she’d laid out. On the ground, the firefighters and onlookers alike watched in awe as the costumed heroine literally guided a line of storm clouds over the fires, and finally dowsing the unrepentant flames.

She landed lightly to the sound of cheers and applause; instead, she strode forth confidently towards the ambulance where the two rescued campers were being tended to. To everyone’s surprise, she decked the man with the leg splint, sending him to the ground, then grabbed his friend by the neck, lifting him off he ground. “Don’t think for a moment that you’ve gotten away with this,” she snarled, slamming him hard against the side of the ambulance. “If I’d had my way, you two little firebugs would have burned to death in that blaze, and good riddance to the both of you!”

“Hey! Back off!” Phil said, grabbing her by the arm. “What do you think you’re doing? These people are hurt!”

Glaring down at him hot enough to make him step back, she replied, “These two... people, you were so worried about saving are the ones who started this fire.” Seeing their startled reactions, she continued. “Jim Mason and Ron Gibson, wanted by the Santa Monica police for suspected arson. They disappeared somewhere around Siri Valley... apparently they had the bright idea to ‘camp out’ to avoid the police net looking for them.” She faced the two “campers” glaring at them with contempt. “Maybe they accidentally set something afire while hiding out here; maybe they set the fire on purpose to give the authorities something else to worry about while they vanished out of sight. Either way, these two ended up getting burned by their own bad karma.”

The crowd began murmuring loudly at this turn of events, then a policeman stepped forward. “Well, be that as it may, Omega Girl, they both have suffered first and second degree burns, and smoke inhalation, and one of them has a broken leg. We need to have their injuries treated first, before we look into pressing criminal charges.”

Lacie’s expression darkened. “Forgive me, Lieutenant, but my faith in the criminal justice system is understandably less than complete.” She held up a glowing hand, pointing a finger at injured man on the ground, sending a ray of energy directly into his brain. The injured man gasped, then slumped forward, eyes open, but otherwise lifeless. The second man, still struggling in her grip, let out a scream, trying desperately to escape a similar fate. Her other hand pulsed briefly, sending a wave of energy through his body, and his struggles ceased abruptly. Laying him down almost gently, she nodded to the lieutenant. “There you go, officer. I guarantee you’ll have no further trouble with them from now on.”

“Wait! Stop!” the policeman protested, as she moved to simply fly away. “We have laws in this city! You can’t just do something like this—”

“I can, and I have,” Lacie replied coldly. “You stand there and preach to me about the law... about the rights of these two criminals who are responsible for millions of dollars in property damage, not to mention however many lives were lost in the fires they’ve set. Where were YOU when these brave foolhardy men were about to burn to death in that inferno? I’ve spent most of my adult life doing exactly that... putting out fires, trusting in the criminal justice system to make sure things like this don’t happen again and again, and again. Those two served time for more than three counts of arson. Thanks to me, they won’t have to serve on a fourth count.” With that, she shot skyward, leaving the crowd of onlookers speechless.

* * *

River City

The young girl glanced behind her back again, barely containing her fear as the two men continued to walk purposely behind her. Okay, okay, calm down Stacy. They’re just two guys... two normal, average guys... probably just walking home. Just because its late at night, and they followed you down a dark deserted alleyway off the main road doesn’t mean they’re after you. They’re... probably just taking a shortcut, just the same as you. Yeah. That’s it. Nothing to be scared of—

“Hey, beautiful, what’s the hurry?” One of the men calls out, speeding up.

Oh no... dammit, dammit, DAMMIT, why didn’t I just accept Angela’s offer and ride home with her? Why the HELL did I take this shortcut? Stacy sped up as well, glancing occasionally back over her shoulder, making her way through the exit of the alley, and into a ‘T’ junction. Swerving right, she ran full tilt now, feeling her pursuers coming up right on her heels. Shit! SHIT! SHIT!! Where the hell are the police? I thought this city was supposed to be safe...

Stacy skidded to a halt, staring at the newly erected chain link fence halfway twenty feet from the exit. Previously, the alleyway ended at a new construction site, less than a block away from her apartment building; apparently the amount of traffic through the site had prompted the owners of the site to put up a fence to keep trespassers out. Tonight, it was keeping Stacy in, when she most desperately needed to escape.

“Well, well, looks like you’ve come to a dead end, eh, baby?” the man on the right taunted, closing gap between them. “The way you were running away like that... makes me think you don’t LIKE us.”

“That’s because she doesn’t know us yet, Tom,” his partner said, grinning evilly, twirling a switchblade in his hands. “I guess we should... heh, heh, introduce ourselves to the lady.”

Stacy glanced from one face to the other... then bolted. She made it two feet before the taller of the two, Tom, grabbed her arm. “Not so fast, baby,” he said, slamming her hard against the wall. “You’re being rude again. We don’t like people who are rude to us! Do we, Slim?”

“Please! Let me go!” Stacy pleaded, struggling against the man’s grip. No use, his hands were like iron. “Please, just let me go! I... I’ll give you all my money... just take my purse... please! Let me go!”

“Oh, we’ll let you go, alright,” Slim said, holding the blade of his knife up against her throat. He ripped her blouse, causing her to shriek in panic. “After we get what we want from you, that is!” A rough hand reached out, groping her breasts, squeezing hard. Stacy closed her eyes, tears beginning to fall.

TCHING!

The two men turned, staring at wooden panel on the wall at their side... or rather, the shining silver shrunken embedded in it, vibrating slightly. “Or,” a tall, slender woman dressed in black replied, stepping out of the shadows, “you could be good little boys and let the girl go right now.”

“Hmph,” Slim said, stepping forward, brandishing his knife. “What are you supposed to be in that get up? Some kinda ninja, or something?”

Shinobi smiled, eyes narrowing behind her eye mask. “Yes. Something like that. Now, let the girl go, and perhaps I’ll be nice to you young chaps and simply take you in to the police station WITHOUT beating you both to a bloody pulp.”

The two men glanced at one another and laughed. “Sorry, sweetheart, but Halloween was last week. Nice costume, though. Cute accent... all Upper Crust British Limey.” They laughed again, causing Shinobi to bristle. “Tell ya what. Why don’t you wait till we’re done with this hot little babe, then we’ll take turns with you. How’s that sound?”

“Tch... fine,” Shinobi muttered under her breath. “Sorry, Parker... but you can’t say I didn’t try reasoning with them BEFORE I kicked their arses this time.” Striding forward, she walked towards the two men, who continued to chuckle, thinking her harmless... until she struck out with an open-handed strike, catching Tom at the butt of his chin. The man screamed in pain, falling backwards, several teeth splintered and broken, his mouth full of blood from having nearly bitten his own tongue off. Faster than he could react, she struck Slim three soft blows to the solar plexus, finishing with a spinning sweep kick that took him off his feet. Turning to the stunned girl, she smiled.

“Alright, dear, I suggest you get out of here. Head back out... and this time try taking the long way home. It’s much safer.”

Stacy nodded, pulling her ruined blouse back together as she fled for her life. Veronica watched her go, licking her lips slightly at the sight. Mmmmm. Nice. I may be ‘involved’ with a guy at the moment, but it hasn’t ruined my appreciation for the finer things in life. A pity these blokes insist on doing this the hard way... would have been nice to escort that young lady home to see where she lives.

Slim, shrugging off the attack, regains his feet. “Lucky shot!” He put up his fists. “Alright, bitch, c’mon! Let’s see what you’ve got!”

Shinobi sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes. “Very well, if you insist.” Stepping forward, slipping easily past his slow moving fists, she attacked, using two fingers, jabbing at several different pressure points along his neck, chest, and arms, then stepping back out of reach before he could even recover to swing again. The man’s eyes widened, then glazed over, as he slipped into unconsciousness as the flow of blood to his brain and limbs slowed to a crawl. His muscles were frozen in place even as he slept, ensuring he would remain that way for the next eight hours, more than long enough for the police to pick him up.

Without thinking, she turned her head sharply to the side, dodging a small blunt pole as it zipped past her head, striking the second man, who come up behind her, in the shoulder. The man howled again, jerking away in pain, falling back to the ground. Veronica, frowning, picked up the pole, twirling it lightly in her hand before tossing it back over her shoulder. “You didn’t need to do that, you know,” she said irritably. “I had the situation completely under control.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know,” Parker said, grinning, catching the pole easily, sliding it back into its place on his belt. “Let’s just say I wanted a little piece of the action myself. I’m all healed up now, and I’m getting tired of just sitting here on the side lines as your ‘backup’. What’s the use of all the training you’ve put me through and having a brand spanking new uniform, if all I do is sit on the rooftops watching you beat up the bad guys?”

Veronica smirked. “I thought you LIKED watching me work, dear?” Turning her attention back to the would-be rapist, who had once again gotten back to his feet, she sighed. “Oh come on! Give it up, already. The girl’s run off, your partner’s out cold, you’re a bloody mess... and we outnumber you, two-to-one.” Saying nothing, the man grabbed his partner’s fallen switchblade. Shinobi laughed. “Oh please. You call that a knife? That’s not a knife.” Pulling her katana free, she held the blade up for him to see. “Now THIS is a knife.”

Parker rolled his eyes. Next time we have a quiet night in, we’re not watching any more Paul Hogan movies.

The sound of police sirens approaching from the other end of the alleyway finally convinced the would-be criminal to give up. Groaning softly, he dropped the knife, and lay down on the ground to await capture. “And that would be our cue to split as well,” Parker called out, sliding back into the shadows. Shinobi nodded, flipping the sword over her head, catching it in its sheath. “Show off,” Parker muttered back softly, pitching his voice just loud enough for her to hear. Grinning, she slipped back into the shadows as well, disappearing from sight just as the police rushed onto the scene, followed by a very distraught Stacy.

“Well, that went rather well, don’t you think?” Veronica said, reaching the roof, sliding off her mask. “And did you see? That poor girl was worried enough about be that she brought the police back with her. Not that we needed them, of course. Still, it was a nice sentiment.”

She turned to her partner, then frowned. “What’s wrong, luv? I didn’t mean anything by it, you know, just a little harmless flirtation, a little flight of fancy, that’s all. Yes, she’s cute and all, but you’re the one I love.” When he still didn’t respond, she approached him. “Parker?”

Parker responded by pulling her into a deep embrace, kissing her deeply. Her surprise faded after an instant, and she returned his passion, pulling away with an evil grin after a moment. “Parker Albinn, you rogue! You had me thinking I’d upset you, letting me go on and on like a heel, while you—”

“Was enjoying every second of it,” he finished for her. “I know. Guilty as charged Sorry, Roni. What can I say? Sometimes we men like to have our ego stroked....among other places.” He winced as she bit him thumb, playfully, but hard enough to make her point. “Seriously, though... even though there’s such a strong bond between us now, I know your first love will always be the ‘home team’ so to speak. Your feelings for me are more of... an anomaly, an after effect of Aphrodite’s influence. Not that I’m complaining... it just makes me wonder if some day you’ll wake up and everything you feel for me will be gone.”

Roni pulled away from him then, looking away at the skyline of the city. She stared silently forward several moments before she turned back to face him again. “Parker, luv... I know as well as you the circumstances that brought us together... the very same kind of influence that brought your aunt and her lover together... the same thing that brought your mom and dad together. Who’s to say what a person feels in the moment is artificial or real, and even so, what does it matter? I love you, now. That’s all that matters.” She walked back to him. “My memories haven’t changed. I remember all my past relationships, all my previous lovers... yes, I still feel lust when I see a cute busty redhead walk by, and yes, I still cream a little at the sight of a hot blonde in too-tight clothing. Its how I feel... its the way I’m wired. But that doesn’t change what I feel for YOU, Parker. Honestly... if this feeling wore off tomorrow, knowing what I know of you now, and what we’ve shared these past few weeks...” She stared him deep in the eye. “If it wore off tomorrow, I’d go to your Aunt Eva and ask her to put me under as deep as she could, and bring back these feelings again. Permanently.”

Parker sighed, clutching her as tight as he could. “Thank you. You don’t know how much I needed to hear that. I—” He stopped, frowning, turning his head to the side. Veronica perked up instantly, on alert once more.

“What is it, Super Sonic?”

“Burglar alarm, about three blocks west of here, around 9th Street... probably the Cloverdale Liquor Store from the sound of it.” He slipped his cowl back over his face. “We’d better go.” He paused. “Oh, and let’s just call me ‘Sonic’ now. Not so Super these days without my other powers... but even with just my enhanced hearing I don’t intend to sit idly by and let you do everything.”

“Alright, PARTNER,” Shinobi replied, sliding her own mask back on. “Let’s just see if you can keep up.” Sprinting across the roof, she leaped, landing solidly on the roof of the next building over, heading on towards 9th Street. Shaking his head, Parker grinned, and started running as well.

* * *

Las Angeles International Airport (LAX)

“Welcome home, Senator Wellsley.”

The Senator nodded briefly to his chauffer as he slid into the back seat. His wife, Helen, slid in next to him while the valet loaded their bags into the trunk. Closing the door behind him, he leaned forward. “First home, James, to drop off Mrs. Wellsley, then on to the office for me.”

“Of course, Sen—”

Wallace cut off his reply by pressing the privacy button, sliding the window compartment between the driver and back seats closed. Alone once more, husband and wife let out a collective sigh. “Well, I certainly had a good time, but I have to say it’s nice to be back in the States. I’ve actually started to miss the hectic pace of the office.”

“Me, too,” Helen replied, leaning back into the plush leather seat. “I can’t even imagine what the Women’s League has accomplished while I was away. Speaking of which, I better check my itinerary...” Pulling out her PDA, she frowned slightly at the display. “Hmmm? What’s this? I’m showing something holding in my inbox. Let’s see... ‘Patchwork Marionette’? I don’t... don’t... dd...ddd...” she said, her voice trailing off.

“Honey? What is it? What’s wrong?”

Helen’s eyes glazed over, not hearing her husband, hearing only remembered words of the feminine voice speaking in her mind. She stared straight ahead, seeing not the interior of the limousine but a pair of bright blinking lights, floating, strobing, dancing before her eyes. Her conscious mind, what little was currently functioning, retreated, opening itself up completely to the implanted commands hidden within. Her nipples peaked, her thighs clenched, and a shiver worked its way down her spine. Her mouth opened, and she began to speak, echoing the words in her head, as she slid a hand up underneath her skirt.

“Dammit Helen, what are you—”

“Be still, my handsome little Meat Puppet,” Helen uttered, freezing him in place. “Remember your place, and your role. I am the Mistress’ sweet little Marionette, and you, husband, are my handsome little Meat Puppet.”

“I...” Wallace Wellsley’s eyes fluttered, and he twitched violently, feeling the threads so intricately woven throughout his mind pull taunt, squeezing his brain, tangling up his thoughts. “M... me... aat... Pup... pet,” he managed before his eyes completely rolled up into his head.

“Yes, my handsome little Meat Puppet,” Helen breathed, her hand pumping vigorously underneath her skirt. “And puppets are obedient, mindless things... dancing to the tune of the one who controls its strings. I pull YOUR strings, Puppet... just as Mistress pulls mine. It’s finally time for you to remember your role... to fulfill your true purpose.”

“Yessss...” Wallace gasped. “My... true purpose... yeesss...” The threads within his mind tightened again, and he spasmed with pleasure. A second set of threads loosened, spilling out very specific and detailed thoughts, ideas, and memories. Life returned to his eyes once more, “Yes. I remember now. I remember the lights. Do you... remember the lights, Helen?”

“Ahhhhhh... yesssss!” Helen spasmed, seeing their strobing brightness in her mind’s eye once again. Her fingers fluttered madly inside her dripping sex.

“Watch the lights and go deep,” Wallace intoned, speaking the commands to bring his wife closer to the level of mindless bliss she so craved. “Watch them dance and spin... lose yourself in them, helen... lose yourself... only by losing yourself to their radiance can you find the pleasure you seek.”

For the next fifteen minutes the continued on in that way, each controlling the other, acting on the commands placed in their minds by their Mistresses, reinforcing their obedience, and pushing each other deeper and deeper under their control. By the time the limo pulled to a stop in front of their home, the back seat was thick with the smell of their arousal. They both drew silent as the driver moved around to open the door for Mrs. Wellsley. Smiling vacantly, she withdrew her hand from her pussy, licking her fingers before leaning forward to kiss her husband. “Have a good day, dear,” she murmured as she exited the car. “Good luck carrying on the good fight.”

Wallace returned the smile, nodding once, as the door closed behind him. Yes, he had much work to do, and a short time to do it in. Likely, he would end up sequestered at the Senate for the next several weeks before he would have the chance to return home and ‘finish up’ with his wife. Still, sacrifices had to be made for the greater good... and serving his Mistress was the Greatest Good he could possibly achieve.

And if it meant crushing Omega Girl once and for all, well, so much the better.

((end of chapter 2))