The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Omega Girl 2

by J. Darksong

Epilogue: Aftermath

“So, what’s new with you, Lacie?”

The raven haired girl looked up from her book, then smiled softly. “Eva!” she beamed, gesturing with her arms. “Come in! This is a lovely surprise!”

The blonde stepped inside the apartment, nodding appreciatively at the decorations. Lacie smirked, watching her closely; for a psychic clever at reading others at a glance, she was lousy at hiding her own feelings. “Now stop that!” Lacie chided her gently, pulling the girl’s attention away from the portrait hung over the mantle. “You’ve looked at every piece of furniture and every hanging on the wall just to avoid looking at me. Go ahead. It’s okay, Eva.”

With a small shy smile, Eva met her eyes. Lacie nodded, very slightly, opening her mind to her friend for the first time in six months. Eva’s smile grew as she read the love and forgiveness pouring out of her, two things she had desperately hoped for, and had despaired of ever feeling from her again. Tears sprang unbidden to her eyes. Without words, the two friends hugged tightly.

“Parker was right after all,” Lacie whispered softly. “I wasn’t ready to tell you back... then,” he throat tightened at the thought of that night. “But I always knew it wasn’t you. If anyone knows what its like, I do. I didn’t blame you for what happened to Dad, Eva... I never did.”

The blonde sniffed slightly. “Thank you for that, Lace. I wanted to help you through all that, but...”

“I know, I know,” Lacie said, dismissively. “You were as much of a wreck as I was. It’s okay. I’m glad your friend back in Midas City was able to help you work through it.”

In more ways that one, she thought with a grin. “Yeah, she’s a real sweetheart. I’ll have to introduce you two sometime. But I have to say, I was a bit surprised by the invitation to come over. I’ve only been back in town for less than a day!”

“Ah, but we have our ways, doncha know,” Eugene replied, stepping in from the hallway. “Hullo, luv, how’s about a peck on the cheek for an old friend?”

Eva giggled, leaning forward to plant a kiss on the Scotsman’s cheek as he bent over. “My favorite Scottish rogue. Good to see you too.” She frowned slightly. “Okay... I can tell you’re wearing the psychic insulator you developed after studying with your new little protégé, so I can’t read you. And I WON’T read Lacie that way anymore,” she said, nodding to her friend, “not without her permission, anyway. So... are one of you going to tell me the reason you invited me over, or do I have to guess?”

The two lovers glanced meaningfully at one another, then Gene gestured, and Lacie slid over beside her friend. “I wanted you to be the first to hear it,” she said with barely contained glee, “and from me, instead of second-hand.” Taking a deep breath, she spoke. “I’ve decided to hang up my cape and cowl for a while.”

Eva’s jaw dropped. Whatever she’d expected her friend to say, it certainly wasn’t this! “Give up crime fighting?” she asked in disbelief. “Well... I guess... I can kinda see your point... with all the near misses we’ve had lately, and with your father’s death...” Still, she couldn’t understand why the dark haired girl seemed so ecstatic about it.

“Oh, I’m not giving it up for good,” Lacie added with a grin. “Just for, say, a year or two?” She glanced at Gene, who held up three fingers. “Or, maybe three.” The two lovers chuckled softly at some hidden joke. Eva rolled her eyes.

“Okay, out with it!” she said after a moment. “Why are you two so fucking GIDDY about Lacie taking a break for a few years?” And why for two or three years, anyway? What’s so special about that... number... Suddenly, her eyes widened. “Wait a minute,” she said, looking at her friend closely. “You don’t mean... you’re not...”

“Ah, she finally figured it out for herself,” Gene crowed. “Remember the wager, darlin’.”

Lacie, nonplussed, stuck her tongue out at her intended, before nodding vigorously. “Yep! The doctor confirmed the tests an hour ago. I’m pregnant!!”

The two girls clutched hands, jumping and laughing like schoolgirls. Gene merely rolled his eyes, chuckling at their antics. “I wanted you to be the first to know, Eva,” Lacie replied, beaming. “But that wasn’t the only reason I asked you to come over.”

Eva glanced at Gene and grinned. “Well, about time! When’s the date set?”

Lacie’s jaw dropped, and it was Eva’s turn to laugh. “Hey, you two aren’t the only one with a vast and reliable information network, you know.”

Gene sighed. “I knew we should have taped the boy’s mouth shut,” he muttered softly.

“Now, now, don’t go blaming Parker. As it was, I was visiting my sister when he called to ask her to come out for the wedding.” She smiled at Gene. “It was very nice of you to ask him to be your best man, by the way. It totally made his day.”

“Ach, well, we’re rather fond of the lad, after all,” Gene dissembled, blushing lightly. “After that night, he’s proven to be a really good lad, honorable, very dependable. He’s gathered quite a fan base among the youngsters in the city.”

“And besides,” Lacie cut in, smiling again. “It’s only fair... since I’m asking you to be my maid of honor.”

Eva turned, totally blindsided again. Tears threatened to well up in her eyes again, but this time she was able to suppress them. “I... I don’t know what to say,” she managed after a moment.

“Then say YES, ye bloody idiot,” Gene teased, shaking his head. “We both want ye to, lass... if its not too much of an imposition. We’ve both missed ye while you were away.” He sighed. “Besides, my son Jamie’s gonna ask about it someday, and I want to tell him his Aunt ‘Evie’ was there from the very beginning, even on our wedding day.”

The two women glanced at one another. “Jamie?” Eva asked. Lacie shrugged.

“It was a compromise. Let’s just say its a lot shorter than what he originally wanted. And, he won the wager.”

“So. What do ye say, ‘Auntie’?”

Eva nodded. “What’s to think about? I accept!”

The two friends hugged deeply. Gene sighed in contentment, happy that his wife-to-be was at last completely happy. The past six months had been particularly trying on him, but he’d weathered through Lacie’s crying fits, her attempting to isolate herself, trying in vain to push him away. He’d known, even as she had, that she needed him.

That we needed each other, he amended, watching to two friends chatter away, his presence, for the moment, completely forgotten. It nearly broke my heart in two when I told her about her father. Damn... I liked the old man, a lot. I only wish he could be here to see the wedding... to give his wee girl away.

His musings were interrupted as the girls stood as one, grabbing their coats and purses. “Here, now, what’s all this? Are you two leaving?”

“Well of course!” Eva exclaimed. “I’ve just been named the Maid of Honor, not to mention that my Lacie is PREGNANT now! We’re hitting the stores!” Seeing the look on his face, she smirked, teasing. “Oh, don’t worry, Gene, darling. If we max out all your credit cards, you can just head back to your little factory and make a bunch more of those neat little inventions of yours to pay them off.”

“With the two of you together, I’ll be working to pay of the debt til I’m ninety,” he lamented.

Just then, a series of beeps sounded around the room. Gene and Lacie both checked their watches, and Eva glanced down at the pager hanging from her purse. “Ah, saved by the bell,” Gene murmured, moving to mantle, pressing a small hidden catch. The painting, a portrait of James Gilbertson in his youth, slid back, revealing a large view screen. Jerry’s spectacled face peered down at them. “Ah, what luck. You’re all together. I’ve also sent a signal out to the kid as well, letting him know what’s going on.”

“Well, what IS going on, Jerry?” Lacie asked impatiently. “We were just about to go shopping.”

“I’m afraid you’ll have to postpone,” Jerry replied, wheeling around to another view screen behind him. He pressed a button, and the screen came to life. A large metallic being, easily several stories tall, strode slowly across the screen, crushing a sedan parked on the street. It reared back and fired a missile from its right fist, which struck a high flying jet, exploding in a ball of flame. “Does this guy look familiar?” Jerry asked, pausing the news footage, zooming in on the being’s head. He pointed to the glass dome atop the golem’s head, and the small man inside.

“Dr. Gulliver,” Lacie replied, her expression grim. “I thought the military had him under lock and key?”

“Well, they did, up until an hour ago,” he replied, reading from a printout. “The rogue scientist was being transported to the new maximum security facility at the military base on the edge of town. The report doesn’t say specifically, but I would guess there was an incident, one of the guards got a little too rough with the good doctor, and struck him in the head—”

“Which broke the neuro-neutralizer I’d given them to keep him from linking telepathically to his giant robot,” Gene finished. “Bloody hell. Even my Hellbuster Power Suit could barely dent that thing’s armor, let alone destroy it.” He sighed. “The robot’s only real weakness is that its dependant on Dr. Gulliver to guide it. Without him, its just a big piece of modern art.”

“Which is why you messaged me as well,” Eva nodded. “If I can get close enough to attack Gulliver’s mind, we can sever his control over the robot. I’m in.”

“As am I,” Lacie announced. Ignoring the looks from everyone else in the room, she raised her arms. A soft white glow of light covered her body, growing brighter and brighter, and in a flash, she had changed into Omega Girl. “What?” she said with a smirk. “I’m not retired yet. Let’s get out there and do some good, people.”

Whitewash merely shook her head. “Ah, yes. The ‘never-ending battle’ and all that.” Turning to Gene, who had activated his gauntlets, she smirked. “How about a lift, tall, dark, and metallic?”

Armor Man chuckled. “Fine with me, if you don’t mind your hair getting mussed by the wind.” Moving towards the balcony, the two departed, leaving Omega Girl standing alone, for a moment.

Never-ending? she thought to herself. Maybe. But I was wrong. Evil doesn’t always win. Evil only wins, when good gives up the fight. She rubbed her tummy gently. For the sake of my young one, I’ll step down for a while. But just for a while. Raising her arms, she leaped skyward, streaking off after her two companions. Down below, she spotted a familiar red streak heading in the same direction. She smiled.

My friends aren’t ready to give up the fight, she thought with pride. And neither am I. Now, let’s get out there and save some lives.

* * *

“Maddy? You have a visitor.”

The auburn girl glanced up from her book, peering up at the guest standing just outside the doorway. She nodded to the orderly, who stood by, letting the man enter. She glanced up at him, studying her unknown visitor for a long moment. He was tall, with ruddy brown hair, brown eyes, and a scraggly unkempt beard. He looked vaguely familiar, but he was definitely not anyone she knew. He stopped in front of her bed, staring down at her.

“May I sit down?” he asked, gesturing towards the bed. Maddy nodded.

He sat. “I will assume they’re treating you well here,” he said, glancing around the room. “This clinic is one of the best in the country, you know.” He smiled, amused at some private joke. “I hope you don’t mind, but I took more than a passing glance at your file. It seems the doctors here were able to do much to restore balance to your mind... removing all those artificial feelings of love, loyalty, and obedience to the late Dr. Matthews.”

Maddy stiffened at the mention of her so-called mentor’s name. Since the deprogramming, she had come to look back on the year spent under his tutelage with shame and disgust. Freed from his control, looking back on the incident with an unclouded mind, she found herself wishing the man were still alive, if for no other reason that to personally gut him herself.

“I take it by your silence you recall that date of his death rather well?”

Maddison turned to face him. She rolled down the neckline of her shirt, showing the ragged, discolored scar around her throat. “You can take it any way you wish,” she responded with a dry, scratchy, grinding voice, “but the reason for my silence is that it pains me to speak.”

“Ah,” the man nodded. “I recall now. The result of that little wrestling match with Omega Girl.”

Maddy’s eyes narrowed. Her hand went to her throat, stroking the scar lightly. Omega Girl. Even with all of the Doctor’s twisted programming removed, she still bore a strong, unreasonable hatred of the woman. Logically, she knew the hatred had been implanted, that if anything, it was more reasonable for Omega Girl to hate HER, for attacking her, nearly killing one friend, and blowing up the other’s home. Still, logic played no part with emotion, and each breath she took, each syllable spoken through her ruined throat, only increased that hatred.

The man rolled up his left sleeve, and removed his glove. “As you can see,” he said, working the metallic, artificial limb, you’re not the only one to run afoul of that particular... hero.” He stumbled over the word, ‘hero’, as if he found it distasteful to even say. Sighing, he rolled down his sleeve, and replaced his glove. “But that’s neither here nor there, is it? I merely came to see you, dear girl, as you haven’t had any visitors since you were brought here. Consider me... a well-wisher.”

Maddy nodded slowly, deep in thought. It had never occurred to her before that anyone else out there might feel the same way she did against the so-called Super Heroine.

The strange man nodded softly, staring into her eyes. “I see. Well, I think I’ve seen all I need to see. I don’t wish to take up more of your time, dear girl.” He rose to his feet. “I think I’ll leave you my card. Perhaps when they release you from this place, you’ll look me up.” He smirked. “I just may have a job for someone of your... talents.” Leaving the girl alone in her thoughts, he walked out of the room, out of the clinic, making his way to his car. Starting the engine, he pulled out his cell phone.

“Yes. It’s me. I’ve made contact with the girl.” He smiled, thinking of the fiery redhead. “Oh, yes sir, she definitely has spirit. Her experience hasn’t broken her in that department.” Pause. “Oh, certainly, I’m quite sure she’ll come to us when the time is right... eh?” He listened, then nodded. “Yes. Her ability is every bit as potent as we’d heard. While I was there, I tried quite hard to dive into her mind, and not only did she deflect my probing, the longer I sat with her, the weaker my powers became, until I was completely unable to read anyone else in the clinic.”

He chuckled softly, driving onto the open road. “Yes, sir. When the time comes to make our move, I’m quite sure she will be a valuable asset to us. And she hates Omega Girl almost as much as you do. I could see it in her eyes the moment I mentioned her name.” He nodded again. “Yes sir. I agree. Best to bide our time for the moment... build our forces. When the time is right, we’ll strike. And Omega Girl and her companions will fall.”

<<end>>