The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Out of Mind-Control — A Murder Mystery

by Catsuit78

Chapter Eight — IM-02

In the meantime, Trish and the Inspector had met Nora in her office. On their way from the OR, they had spoken hardly a word. Trish was still upset that the Inspector behaved so reluctantly in terms of Dr. Grincher. She still liked him very much, but this was odd. So she concentrated on her theory and wanted to look for evidence to nail it down.

In Nora’s office, they first told her about what had happened to Lilly. Nora was devastated, took off her glasses and tried to hold back her tears.

“It’s OK, Nora, we already know that she was your girlfriend,” Trish whispered and hugged Nora. Nora cuddled up to Trish’s flat belly that was still clad in the tight spandex suit and cried her eyes out.

“And we also know that her father opposed your liaison. That’s a motive. And we know that you, as head of work scheduling, have access to all drones,” the Inspector tried to provoke a reaction.

“What? No! I ... I loved her so very much. Yes, her father was antiquated prick. But I would never have hurt her, neither directly nor by killing her father,” Nora cried.

“But didn’t you also say that it didn’t matter whether she was your girl or your toy? And didn’t you have a fight some moments before?” the Inspector went on.

“What? No! Uhm ... I mean. How do you know that? Wait a minute ... you bugged her place?!” Nora detached from Trish and wiped away her tears. “OK, I said it. And yes, we had an argument. But why should I do that to her? Please, believe me, I really loved her!”

“So much that you made a deal with Dr. Grincher? He gets the company and the means for his research and you get rid of Lilly’s father, climb up the career ladder and get the girl as a totally obedient and programmable lover? Things that wouldn’t have happened under her father’s regime?” Trish joined in and pushed her further.

“No! Never! I’d never hurt her and especially not for that asshole’s benefit!” Nora now protested angrily. “And besides ... ordering a drone to kill him would be totally stupid. All of a drone’s activities are recorded and stored at least three months. If I had done it, I could’ve turned myself in right away.”

She put her glasses back on, sat down in front of her desk and her fingers flew over her keyboard. Data appeared on some of the numerous monitors on her desk. As a gap appeared in the data streams, Nora stopped typing and shook her head.

“That’s not possible. The data has been deleted. I wanted to show it to you ... the change in the schedule. But ...”

„Yes, we now that already,” the Inspector patted Nora’s shoulder. „But could you instead look for any abnormalities relating to one of your information managers, IM-02?”

“Well, she didn’t show up for work yesterday without an explanation. That’s quite abnormal already. But ... yes, wait a second,” Nora said and entered some other commands.

“Hmmm, that’s strange. She didn’t show up, but her IP address was in our network yesterday. She was also connected to our scheduling server, but no tasks were downloaded by her.”

“So is there any possibility that someone on these premises used IM-02 as a kind of server to gain access to 2802 and her task schedule?” Trish asked triumphantly as her theory seemed to come true.

Nora smiled amazedly at Trish and cherished her good looks as well as her ingenuity. Nora turned back at the desk and looked some things up. Then, she pointed at one of the monitors.

“Yes! There it is. A laptop was connected to IM-02’s mobile controller and then IM-02 accessed the scheduling server. My god! If I had only known that...”

“Don’t blame yourself,” the Inspector said calmly. “Can you at least tell us who used the laptop?”

“Uhm ... no. I’m sorry. But … wait a second … that device is connected to IM-02. Right now!”

“And where is IM-02?! Can you see that?” Trish asked excitedly.

„Yes, she is … is … uhm … What is she doing there? Basement floor 1, warehouse, maintenance room 1A. And here’s ... the video feed!” Nora said and a window on one of the screens opened.

“I knew it. I knew in the first place it was him hacking into the system!” Trish banged her fist on the table and ran out of the room.

“We’ll talk about you and Lilly tomorrow. I must ask you not to leave town until then, Ma’am. And please call Miss Masters and ask her to meet us in the warehouse,” the Inspector said and followed Trish as fast as he could.

As Trish reached the room, the protestors’ ringleader sat in his wheelchair next to IM-02 who sat on a small bench next to some lockers. She was dressed in the company’s silver/turquoise spandex outfit and a wire connected the mobile controller in her neck with the ringleader’s laptop. As Trish approached them, he not only pulled the wire out of the controller but the whole controller out of IM-02’s neck. The woman inhaled deeply, fell on the floor and her body cramped as if she had an epileptic seizure. The ringleader turned the electric wheelchair around and went out of the room towards the warehouse.

Trish checked on IM-02 but as the Inspector finally showed up, she pursued the ringleader. She spotted him at the other end of the warehouse and ran as fast as she could. Forklifts crossed the aisle rapidly so that Trish had to run zigzag. One of them even fishtailed and crashed into a stack of cardboard boxes. Luckily, she wore the stretchy spandex suit and sneakers and not her heeled half boots. But on the other hand, the suit’s fantastic fabric also massaged her nipples and crotch so that Trish really had to concentrate to run faster and not to hit a forklift truck.

As Trish turned around a corner, she was almost hit by one of the HGVs that went through the large warehouse. She waited a second and observed. The wheelchair had to take the ramp so that Trish just jumped over a fence and slid down a handrail. She was now right behind the guy. She accelerated and reached out to grab the wheelchair. But all of a sudden, the ringleader turned the wheelchair and fell off the side of the ramp. Trish could stop right at the edge. She breathed heavily and looked down to the next floor.

Some minutes later, the Inspector joined Trish in front of the HGV that had hit the ringleader and his wheelchair, “Doesn’t look like an accident to me.”

“It wasn’t. He deliberately went off the ramp to get hit by the truck. But we still don’t have our murderer, Inspector. So ... are you now ready for an arrest?!” Trish said and pointed at the guy’s neck as the stretcher was put into the ambulance. The Inspector took a closer look under the turtle neck and closed the rear doors afterwards.

“You’re right,” he sighed. “He didn’t act on his own. But it’s still not the time to make an arrest, Trish!”

Trish wanted to protest again and stamped her foot. But Miss Masters already stood next to the Inspector, “Oh my god. Him as well? How did he get that implant? Maybe he was remote-controlled by the same guy who’s behind the other killings.”

“That’s what it looks like. But we’ll have to wait for the doctor’s report as well. Luckily he didn’t kill himself, but the paramedic said that he won’t be responsive within at least the next 24 hours,” the Inspector stated as the ambulance left and then looked at Miss Masters. “What about the girl?”

“Oh, IM-02 ... Susan ... is quite OK. He tried to delete all of her memories and as you showed up, he tried to damage implant and brain by pulling the controller out of her neck,” the executive assistant explained. “But don’t worry. You came there right in time, Sergeant. Maybe she’ll have to be treated some weeks in a hospital, but ... well, you saved her life. That’s for sure.”