The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Paradox Hazard

Author’s Note: This story takes place in the same universe as ‘Touched.’

* * *

The view through the gap in the clouds was breathtaking, the rings of Saturn narrow bands of glittering jewels one could almost reach out and touch. Of course, that was only an illusion—the rings were a quarter-million kilometers distant, and busy with activity as robotic harvesters collected chunks of dirty ice and separated the water for use by the two dozen or so colonies near Saturn.

Most of the seven thousand aboard Paradox had gathered in the Plaza to watch that rare glimpse of the stars, an event which occurred only once every two or three years (as measured on Earth, of course; a Saturnian year lasted something on the order of two centuries). Lovers young and old held hands, mesmerized as the thick clouds parted and revealed the closest thing to infinity that mankind would ever know.

I, of course, was otherwise occupied.

Her name was Juliet, I think, or maybe June... or possibly Marie. Doesn’t really matter because she couldn’t have told me anyway, with her lips wrapped around my cock, forming a perfect seal as she worked her mouth up and down its length. Her blond hair fell down her back and over my thighs, soft and silky as I grabbed her head and thrust myself deep into her throat, grunting as I came. Like the good girl I’d told her to be, she swallowed every drop as if it were the most delectable treat, sliding down her throat like ice cream.

She let my member slide free and used her tongue to clean me, then tucked my cock back into my shorts. “Very good, very good...” I said, gripping her chin in one hand and looking into her bright blue eyes. “Now listen to me well. You will not remember what happened this afternoon, nor will you remember me. If we should meet again, it will be for the first time.” My words were soft, spoken in a deliberate rhythm perfectly attuned to her subconscious as my mind wrapped around her own, removing the memory of what had transpired. “At best, I will remind you of some distant relative, an uncle, perhaps. Now, repeat what I’ve told you.”

Her eyes were glassy, distant as she spoke. “I’ve never met you before. You remind me of my uncle Stefan, who I met once when I was very young. What happened this afternoon never happened.”

“That’s right, just as it should be. Now you may clean yourself and dress. Remember: once you step through that door, you will not remember me. Repeat.”

“I may clean up and dress now, and when I step through the door I won’t remember you.”

I watched as she retrieved her scattered clothing and stepped into the tiny washroom, admiring her legs and ass as the door slid closed behind her. She was new here, not fresh off the transport but close to it, a transplant from Dyson City up on Titan. Titan’s a cold moon with horrid weather, constant methane rain that makes frigid Mars look like a balmy summer afternoon. It may be cool and cloudy here, but at least with Paradox located in an oxygen-rich band of atmosphere with proper pressure and temperature, it was open sky above, with no titanium-alloy dome dotted with reinforced viewports to confine us here.

It is a long way down, though.

I stood and stretched, half a dozen joints popping, stiff from sitting so long. The girl was insatiable once I found the right triggers; I hadn’t even needed to reinforce the commands I’d planted. I thought about getting her number, but with a population of seven thousand it would be simple enough to find her again if the spirit moved me.

I poured two fingers of the local moonshine into a plastic cup and stepped onto the balcony, watching the walls of clouds roll above me, just starting to move toward each other again and hide the deep blackness of space. The stars are so clear here, away from the rampant pollution of the Core, of Mars and Venus and especially Earth itself. If you’ve never seen the stars in deep space, you can’t imagine their beauty. If you have, then I need go no further.

I sipped the clear liquor, grimacing slightly as the burn wrapped around my throat and slid down. Better this time, not quite like raw reactor coolant. The new batch of engineers must’ve had a ‘shiner in the ranks; I’d have to go down and thank him (or her) personally.

After a few minutes the clouds above sealed, once again a pale yellow curtain impenetrable to sight, and the assembly began to disperse. Behind me I heard the washroom door open, then the door to the corridor. I did not turn around as the door slid closed again.

The dataflat on my desk beeped, startling me out of my thoughts. I went over, picked it up, pressed a flashing green key. I already knew who it was. “Yes, Karin?”

The screen lit up, revealing a familiar face framed by long black hair. ”I just noticed your visitor leaving, Clayton. She was there an awfully long time...

“Yes, she was, wasn’t she? Certainly longer than any of yours,” I replied coolly.

True enough, but then I’ve had so many more,“ she said and licked her lips, lost in some carnal memory, no doubt.

“What do you want, Karin? I have business to attend to.”

And what business would that be? Stealing my father’s money, or fucking every nubile young beauty on Paradox?“ She leaned back, revealing the swell of her breasts in her tight white top. She wore no bra (as was the style), and her nipples stood stiff through the sheer material. ”Too bad you couldn’t get me.

“You cheated.”

As did you. But wouldn’t you just love a second chance to see exactly what you lost?

I set down the cup and sat back, intrigued; the stakes were high, even for her. “Just what did you have in mind?”

How about a little excursion this evening, oh, say about nine. Down at the platform.”

Of course: the monthly transport, with all its transplants from the other colonies. Usually there were a half-dozen who appealed to my particular tastes, and tonight would be no different. “I’ll meet you there.” I cut the circuit before she could respond, satisfied that I had sent her into a tantrum. “I guess Daddy will just have to spring for a new terminal,” I said to the empty room, grinning at the image in my mind’s eye.

I’d wanted to fuck Karin ever since I knew what my cock was for... maybe even before. Her father and my mother had met and engaged in a real old-fashioned marriage, not the mating contract most people enter into now, but a true, ‘til-death-do-us-part’ arrangement. Ugh, how plebian, the act of restricting oneself to only one lover for an entire lifetime. Even at the wedding I wanted her, wanted to sink my cock deep into her even though I barely knew what it was for, let alone how to use it effectively. Karin showed me that very night with her hands, giving me my first orgasm even as our parents were coupling in the very next room. She slid her hand over the hard lump in my slacks, smiling, looking right at me as she rubbed faster and harder.

I hadn’t even had to influence her... which made it all the more frustrating when the bitch proved immune. Of course she was fascinated; I had something she didn’t, that she couldn’t... but Daddy’s little girl always gets what she wants. And, after that first short-lived climax, she didn’t want me anymore... only what I could do.

I don’t know how it happens. I never will, and that’s how I intend to keep it. The Science Directorate would like nothing more than to open up a potential psychic’s skull and dissect his brain, anything to increase their stranglehold on Earth’s population. That’s why we’re out here, floating on this godforsaken lump of metal hovering in a temperate zone of Saturn’s atmosphere. There’s no room for people like us on the homeworld, the Q-controlled masses, all thirteen billion of them.

I could see her now, fuming as Erica lay sprawled on the bed with that clever little implant glowing at her temple. Karin always needed to blow off a little steam after our conversations and Erica was the perfect tool, the product of years of experimentation. While my gift was a mystery, Karin’s ability to control came solely from her own twisted desires. Her IQ, somewhere in the neighborhood of 230, was surpassed only by her sexual appetites. By now, a month from her nineteenth birthday, she’d probably fucked half the males on the platform at least once (not to mention a fair portion of the female population). Not a one remembered, though, even if she did it again and again. Take a little nanotechnology, mix with subliminal signals that spoke directly to the subconscious, mix well, and you’ve got a recipe for mind control. Not that it took much to make the males obey the will of their cocks; most would gladly do so anyway.

This was just a wonderfully convenient excuse.

I dressed in dark colors, a long overcoat over knit synthetics—it was cool that evening—and departed for the landing platform, making my way through the crowd that always massed anytime a transport arrived. The thick clouds above cut off any stray transmissions, and since the very purpose of Paradox was isolation there was no dedicated link to the Network, only two hours each week that the population was allowed to share uplink time. Isolated we may be, but we’re still human, and needing contact with other humans.

I stood on one of the catwalks that ringed the edge of the platform, watching the boxy vessel glide toward us with its contragrav engines, none of the noise and flame and smoke of the old-style reaction thrusters. It was eerie to watch a quarter-million tons of metal and plastic descend through the clouds without a sound.

“What’cha looking at?”

I heard Karin’s voice beside me, turned to see her lounging against the rail. “What do you care?”

“I’m just trying to get into your head, that’s all. You’re such a mystery sometimes... and I’m at a disadvantage here.”

“You’re never at a disadvantage. Your skill at manipulation far exceeds mine.”

“Only because I have to work at it.” She moved closer to me, her straight black hair flowing in the gentle breeze. “Now... I wonder who’s on the menu this evening?”

“Isn’t Erica filling anymore?”

“Oh, she is... but my tastes are varied.” The transport settled to the reinforced platform, sending a vibration through my feet and up my legs. “Touchdown,” she said.

The forward ramp lowered and dozens of people streamed out carrying various bags and boxes—no portable contragravs for the common colonist. I scanned their faces—average, normal, nothing special, with the usual handful of pretty girls.

I yawned and turned away but Karin’s hand found my sleeve and tugged. “Wait.”

“What?” I turned back, looked down, saw two figures walking down the ramp, separate from the others, pulling a small cart packed with battered shipping crates. There was an older man dressed in black... and a stunning young woman with blonde hair. My cock immediately stirred and I willed it down. “She’s fresh.”

“Fresh? Clayton, she’s a virgin.”

“So? We’ve each had virgins before.”

She looked at me, a familiar mischievous gleam in her eye. “Not at the same time... now have we?”

Well, well... this was unexpected. Karin and I had a long-unspoken agreement: what’s mine is mine, and what’s hers could be mine some other time, and vice-versa. Thus far we had avoided pursuing each other’s chosen prey, an arrangement which had proven adequate.

“Both of us, at the same time.”

“Why not? Your natural talents pitted against my brains and technology. What could be more stimulating?”

I considered my response carefully. “The prize.”

“If you don’t want her —”

“Oh, I do. I just want something else more.”

And she understood. “You want me.”

“Always have.”

“You can’t take me.”

“I’ve been practicing. And without your toys...”

I let the challenge hang in the air, watching her eyes as she chewed over the possibilities. “Fine,” she said. “I win, I take the girl. You win... you take me. Deal?”

I chuckled. “Let the games begin.”

* * *

My plan started simply enough: I walked up and said hello. Every evening following the transport’s arrival there’s a grand meal in the Central Hall for all the new arrivals to get acquainted with their new surroundings and the local population. Hydroponic vegetables, refined protein that could almost pass for real meat, even fresh bread was available. I piled my plate high and walked over to her table. “Mind if I sit?”

She looked up, and for the first time I could see that her eyes were green. “No, of course not.”

I offered her my hand. “I’m Clayton. Most people just call me Clay.”

“Sophie. Nice to meet you, Clay.” Her grip was firm, her skin smooth and yielding.

I sat and picked up a too-orange carrot stick. “So what do you think of Paradox?”

“It’s... different. Better than Titan; at least here you’ve got a view.”

“We surely do.”

We chatted for a few minutes as we ate; she was full of questions about life on Paradox. Inevitably, she asked the one question common to all new arrivals. “Why do you call it Paradox?”

I smiled; this would be easier than I’d first thought. “Would you like to see something?”

“I, uh... sure.” She smiled again, her wavy blond hair falling like water around her face. “I’d love to.”

We disposed of our plates and I led her onto the Plaza, past the artisan booths and raised gardens, out toward the Rim and the dozen huge domes that ringed it. We walked through the engineering spaces, down dimly-lit corridors, past hulking pieces of machinery whose use I had no idea. “When Paradox was built three centuries ago, there weren’t contragravs big enough or stable enough to hold it in place,” I said, speaking each word in a rhythm almost indistinguishable from normal speech patterns. “So the designers installed these huge helium sacks, a dozen of them, each one kilometers across. At first the plan was for the station to drift with the weather patterns, mainly because there was no way to anchor it in place.”

We climbed narrow metal-grate stairs, a dozen floors, until we finally reached a small square hatch. “But then some genius found a stable cyclone on this oxygen band, a place at just the right temperature and pressure to prevent the need for sealing the outer hull. The cyclone’s edge acts like a wall, pushing us away if we get too close, keeping us in the safe region. A century later they came up with contragravs powerful enough to hold the place stable, so they did away with the helium sacks. Conventional thought said places like this couldn’t exist on the oxygen bands—a paradox, hence the name.” I turned, pushed open the hatch, and we climbed through.

Then—nothing but air and clouds. We emerged through the center of a circular platform, one of twelve where the helium sacks had once long ago been anchored, ringed with a waist-high guardrail, the only barrier between us and the weathered outer hull of Paradox. High above, light from the Plaza and various marker lamps was reflected by the clouds, the ever-shifting vapors rolling like ocean waves. At night the various organic compounds in the clouds break the light into every color of the rainbow, a kaleidoscope of truly cosmic proportions.

It was just the thing to ease her into the proper frame of mind.

It takes effort to manipulate one’s mind, especially for first time. Effort to feel my way around that unmapped territory, energy to probe within, find the hazards, the weak points, the chinks in the armor. Each mind is like a battlefield, filled with traps and smoke and dangers unknown.

But there’s always a way in.

“It’s so beautiful! I’ve never seen anything like it,” Sophie said, gazing at the spectacle above. I looked up, saw the harvesters undocking from their cradles along the Rim, and smiled. The harvesters glided upward to the edges of the clouds and began pulling in the vapors with directed gravity beams, pulling them into swirling cones and sucking them into processors which would distill the various desirable compounds into liquids for easy transport and storage.

“Not many have. The lights of the Plaza obscure the true beauty for most people. Out here is the only place you can truly see.” I chose each word carefully, spoke more and more slowly, all the while extending my mind outward to envelop hers. “Can you see, Sophie? Look deep into the clouds, deep into the colors there, swirling around and around and around...”

I leaned closer as her eyes lost focus and became glassy, distant, lost in the colors above. “Can you see?

“Yes... I see...” she said, and her mental barriers began to give, no longer reinforced by her conscious mind. I pushed against the barrier gently, probing for cracks, for gaps, those thin spots which might facilitate my entry. Rough terrain, smoothed by the passage of time.

I found a good-sized crack: her childhood, some great pain when she was very young. I slipped my mind within, pushed, saw fleeting images of life on the ground levels of some titanic metropolis, of scrambling for scraps of moldy bread or rotten meat, anything to survive. She gasped only once as I slipped through that crack and into her subconscious.

Sophie was quite receptive to my simple suggestion; she would likely be just as receptive to Karin’s. Not that we’d had much luck in confounding each other’s abilities—the methods are just too different. I whispered in her ear, planting the seed deep in her mind: “Meet me at midnight tomorrow, right here.”

“Midnight, tomorrow,” she repeated dreamily.

“You will not remember this conversation, nor will the desire to return here seem odd or abnormal in any way. If anyone asks, you will say you’re just out for a walk, getting acquainted with the platform.”

“Out for a walk. Getting acquainted.”

“That’s right. Now, when you return, I will be waiting. You will come to me, and no one else.”

“Go to you. No one else.”

I smiled. “Good girl, Sophie. Now... awake.”

She blinked, shook her head, blinked again. “Wow... that’s some show... kind of...”

“Hypnotic?” I said, unable to help myself.

“Yeah... hypnotic. I’ll bet you bring all the girls up here.”

I kept my mouth shut—sometimes the only good response is no response at all. We stayed on the observation platform for a while, chit-chatting about her life on Titan, my life on Paradox, who was who (with certain exceptions, of course), where was safe, what was generally tolerated. Whereas Titan was some sort of religious colony, Paradox had been founded by free-thinkers as a retreat from the ordered life dominant on most human-held worlds. Over the centuries it had become a tiny island of a stellar nation, allied to no one, harvesting Saturn’s clouds and rings for whatever raw materials it needed.

The hour grew late and soon I noticed lights across the Rim begin flickering to life; the day shift was about to begin harvesting. A thought occurred to me and I said, “Is your father going to be worried?”

“He trusts me to come back to him. Father is... open-minded.”

“I can see why you left Titan. They disapprove of people like that. Like us.”

The skies had begun to brighten by the time we reached her quarters. “Thank you for the tour. It was... spectacular.”

“You’re more than welcome, Sophie. I’m glad you enjoyed it.” I smiled and watched the hatch close behind her, heard the hiss of automatic pressurization.

“See you tonight,” I said to the empty air.

* * *

My dreams that day were vivid, sensual. I dreamt of Sophie on a large canopy bed, not the bunks our cramped quarters dictate. I dreamt I tasted her skin, every inch of her delectable, nipples like bits of hard candy which never melted away, honey which flowed like a river from between her thighs. My thoughts kept returning to that angelic face, though, and those huge green eyes. I’d been a lucid dreamer for years, able to guide my flights of fancy to whatever outcome I desired, but this dream was out of my control, the first in many months. We shared each other’s pleasure, gave instead of simply taking, reveling as skin slipped beneath skin, flesh against flesh, over and over again -

I awoke nude in my bunk, cock rock-hard, still spurting as the dream began to fade from my mind. I glanced down at the sticky mess on my belly, muttered an obscenity, and walked over to my hygiene cube, the combination sink/mirror/toilet/shower that comes standard with most space habitats.

As I scrubbed myself down my mind wandered to Karin. What method would she choose for Sophie? Which was most effective? Karin guarded her secrets well (not that I tried too hard to pry—that took all the fun out of it). I could see her in my mind’s eye, lying on the floor, lovely Erica kneeling above her, sliding slick fingers in and out of her pussy, occasionally grazing her clit—Karin always prefers a slow build to orgasm, just another bit of information she likes to tease me with.

My cock grew hard again under the hot spray of rationed water, and I wrapped my soap-slick hand around it, stroking gently as I pictured my stepsister being fingerfucked by her pet sextoy. I could see her arch her back, moaning, commanding Erica’s fingers to do her bidding as her climax loomed -

The last of my water ration washed away my cum, the slick whiteness spiraling down the tiny drain as my cock softened, sated for the moment. I stood there, my breathing hard and deep, heartbeat slowing to a near-normal pace.

I was distracted all day long, my mind filled with speculation at what Karin might try. Traditional subliminals? No, been-there-done-that, no style. Hypno-sedative drugs? Take too long (I didn’t say I’d never tried to discover her methods, now did I?). Neural tunneling? Nanobot override of her higher functions? Any of those, or a dozen others, were possible, a buffet of mind control.

Cheating bitch.

Day passed to evening and evening to night, and once again I found myself traversing the dim, cramped tunnels toward the observation platform. I swung open the hatch and was halfway through when I felt something hard press up against the back of my head. A familiar voice spoke from off to one side: “Gotcha.”

Karin came into view and offered her hand. “Erica, stop scaring the poor boy,” she said, her tone mock-chiding. Immediately the pressure on my skull eased, and I heard a metallic thunk behind me. “She’s always playing these silly games.”

“Only by your command.” I pulled myself up and turned to look at Erica, her curvaceous body barely covered by the sheer blue jumpsuit she wore. Her eyes were blank, pupils tiny points in seas of blue, her red hair tied in a basic ponytail. I looked down and saw the length of pipe she’d dropped. “And your games aren’t funny.”

Some of them are,” Karin said, pressing close to me, her hand sliding over my crotch. She laughed as my cock stirred beneath her touch. “Just think of the games you might get to play with me...”

I heard footsteps on the ladder and pushed Karin away, stepping away from the hatch, stopping only when I heard Sophie’s voice behind me. “Clay? Who’s this?”

I turned and saw Sophie standing by the hatch, saw Karin and Erica beyond. A slim plastic device was nestled in Karin’s left hand. “Ready” she said.

I was, but I didn’t answer. Sophie looked back and forth in confusion. “Clay?”

This time there was no subtle manipulation, no gentle probing. I found the crack I’d discovered earlier and forced it open. I could already feel changes deep within her mind, odd patterns of thought in her subconscious—Karin’s influence, no doubt, trying to assert itself. Sophie collapsed as her mind was torn in opposite directions, by Karin’s device and my own will. She lay on the deck plating, shuddering as a war raged inside her.

Karin’s assault was brutal, overwhelming, taxing each neuron to its limit in an attempt to burn out Sophie’s will—just as she ultimately had with Erica. Go with what works, I thought, and responded with grace where my opponent used force, coaxing Sophie’s mind to my way of thinking -

Wait, that’s not supposed to be there -

I broke my hold on Sophie, realization dawning as Karin asserted full control over the girl. Sophie finally lay still as Karin smiled, knowing I’d given up. “I know you didn’t... didn’t...” she said, her words trailing off as another voice echoed up through the hatch.

“It’s crowded up here tonight.” The voice was deep, commanding, and befit the tall man dressed in black who emerged onto the observation platform. I recognized him from the transport—Sophie had called him Father. “What could possibly be so interesting about my Sophie?”

He looked at me, then over to Karin as she stood there, slack-jawed, her higher functions suspended. ”Answer me,“ he commanded, and Karin spoke without knowing it.

“Beautiful. Pure. Perfect for the contest.”

Father turned to look at me once again. “Is this true?” he said, and my mind was squeezed from all sides, an inexorable vise of pure will. “Is my Sophie the object of some... wager?

“Yes...” I said without wanting to.

“I see. She’s quite striking, isn’t she?” As Father spoke I could feel his thoughts invading my own, brushing aside my mental armor like spiderwebs. It was like cracking open a book, and suddenly all of who I was had been laid bare for him to see. I tried to struggle, to fight back, but the force was overwhelming.

“Now you know how it feels,” he said, dredging up memory after memory of what I’d done, who I’d used for my own pleasures. I’d never meant to be cruel, I believe that to this day... but the control had been delicious. “Now you know what it means to be helpless... to be controlled.” I fell to my knees as he walked closer, unable to stop myself as he manipulated my arousal, bringing my cock to full attention literally with a thought. I unzipped my pants and pulled down my shorts, my cock purple and proud in the night air, and began stroking up and down its length, my hand controlled by the man standing a few meters away. Up and down, faster and faster, the pressure building until I cried out and came, spurt after spurt landing on the metal in front of me. Tears streamed from my eyes as I fell backward, unable to stop them.

And then... nothing. His presence within my mind withdrew, leaving me cold and shamed on my back. I managed to cover myself, my cum growing cold on my skin, and looked up to see Father standing there, just looking down at me. “Why?” I managed to say, unsure of what I even meant to ask.

He knelt down and I saw his gray eyes. “That’s difficult to answer. You’ve got this ability, yet all you use it for is enticing young women into fucking you, then wiping the memory from their minds. You’re a creature of the flesh, of the senses... but there is so much more to know than simply flesh.” He stood and offered me his hand. “Would you like to know these things?”

“I... I’m not...”

A hint of a smile crossed his face. “Oh yes you are. You don’t know why you have this gift... why you alone have been chosen.” He gestured toward Sophie’s still form. “But you’re not alone. She’s more like you than you know.”

“But I... I used my power on her... made her come up here tonight...”

“All you did was show us you’re the one we came to find. She could have blocked your influence; she’s quite adept. But it’s not about us controlling you—it’s about you controlling yourself. You’re a slave to your passions, just as she was... but you can change. If you wish.”

“And if I refuse?”

He shrugged. “Then we go, and leave you to do as you will. I’m not here to convert you... just offer you the choice.”

I looked up, saw Karin still standing across the platform. “What about her?”

“Her?” Father turned his head. “I know just how to deal with her.”

* * *

I watched silently as the lights of Paradox faded into the yellow clouds, swallowed by Saturn as the transport lifted away. I watched the place that had been my home finally vanish, dimly aware that Sophie was observing my reaction from her seat across from me. “You’ve never left Paradox before, have you?”

“Never saw any reason. Everything I ever wanted was there... or so I thought.” My thoughts wandered to my mother, to her reaction when I told her I would be leaving... and why. Anger at my perceived betrayal of her trust... and fear for what I could do. For what I was.

I pushed the thoughts away. “What’s it like?” I asked. “Earth.”

“Vertical. Claustrophobic, no open spaces. Dirty.” She looked out the viewport. “Not like this.”

Wisps of white and purple cloud drifted past, a stark contrast to the pale yellow. “We could stay.”

We both knew I was lying. Neither of us had to say it.

The door to our berth opened and Father stepped inside, ducking his head to get through. “It’s done,” he said, taking one of the unoccupied seats.

“What will happen to her?”

Father closed his eyes and sat back, resting his head on the generous padding. “She’ll most likely be kept here, at least until she’s well broken in. Then she’ll be passed from one spacer crew to another until she just isn’t worth it anymore, earning her keep in that most ancient of ways. On her back, on her knees, on her belly. In every hole, every imaginable position... and even a few that aren’t.” He smiled, and my stomach grew slightly queasy at the thought of Karin being violated over and over, all the while knowing exactly what was happening to her but unable to stop it. “I give her three years.”

“And then?”

“Then... I give her what she wants. I return her freedom. Don’t pity her, Clayton; she hasn’t yet earned pity.” He opened his eyes and looked right through me.

“But she will.”

End