The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Perfect Guy

Beth had found the guy. Clara was sure it had been easy—Beth was tall, caucasian and fairly good-looking. Clara doubted she’d have had much luck, being four feet nothing, flat-chested and ethnically Indian.

Clara peeked through the crack in her bedroom door. “Would you like a drink, Dave?” simpered Beth. “Sure,” Dave replied. He was about six feet tall, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Clara started breathing faster at the thought of what was about to happen to him.

“Wow! Nice setup!” The guy had spied their huge computer area at the back of the living room: three computers—one for each of them and one fileserver—with two monitors for each and a high-speed internet connection. Next to that was a table full of chemistry equipment, including a centrifuge, which was spinning. “Amazing...I thought you said you were a secretary! Looks like a little research lab in here.”

Beth looked up sharply at his back, then quickly finished what she was doing in the kitchen. She stepped around the counter and handed him a drink. “Here. Drink this.” She crossed her arms.

God, she’s blowing it, thought Clara. Beth, can you pretend you don’t hate men for five damn minutes so we can do this?

Dave looked a little put off. This wasn’t quite the woman who had come up to him in the bar, fawned over him and bought him drinks, and then finally invited him back up to her apartment. She reminded him of someone from a bad Hollywood thriller. “Uh, actually, I should go.” He quickly set the drink down and picked his jacket up off the sofa.

“No, drink this, dammit!” shrieked Beth, snatching up the glass.

Dave quickly stepped around her and walked briskly toward the front door. Unfortunately, this took him right by Clara’s door. She gripped the syringe tightly. Just as he passed, she opened her door, swung, and buried it in his left deltoid muscle. She pushed hard on the plunger. He dropped to the floor.

“Good. Fucking idiot. I did not want to have to go out and lasso another one,” said Beth. “Help me get him onto the sofa. Is the serum ready?”

“N-not quite, you got back a little early..”

“God, Clara, you’re as useless as him.”

Clara moved over to the centrifuge just as it stopped spinning and extracted a vial of silver liquid.

“Beth, I’m really starting to have second thoughts...I mean, we’re basically going to be killing him.”

“Hah! How? He’ll still be alive, he’ll still function in every important way. He just won’t be a threat to womankind any longer. All men are scum. You know this. Don’t start feeling sorry for him now.”

If all men are scum, why didn’t we use your father or your brother for this project? thought Clara. She knew better than to say it, though, since it would have just started a huge fight.

This was the downside of working with Beth. Beth was bi, which was fine, but she was a militant man-hater, which wasn’t a good combination. Clara had put up with a lot of rhetoric over the last year, ever since she’d mentioned her breakthroughs in nanotech to Beth. Beth, a computer programmer, had almost instantly come up with the idea for the Project—Clara would create nanomachines capable of transforming human anatomy without killing the subject, and Beth would program the nanomachines, telling them what transformations to make. They’d moved in together so that they could spend every waking hour not at their jobs working on the serum...the serum that would give both of them the perfect guy.

Initially Clara had voiced her own opinions, but Beth’s strong character (and disregard for the feelings of others) had overpowered her until she finally had given up.

“I’m telling you, it’s perfect. There’s simply no way for anyone to ever link him to us. No one knows where he went. He’ll look nothing like his former self. He won’t have any fingerprints. He won’t even be the same height, for crying out loud. Anyone who sees him will think he’s a mannequin. It’s okay!”

“Wait, what...” mumbled Dave from the sofa.

“Oh, my God, it’s wearing off! Clara, give him the formula, quick!”

Clara stood there, indecisive. Finally she said, “I can’t do it.”

“Oh, God, fine.” Beth snatched the vial from her and strode over to the still-groggy Dave. “I don’t...” mumbled Dave, as Beth poured the serum into his open mouth.

He blinked several times, his head rapidly clearing. He stood. Both women shrank back as if he were about to strike them. What are these girls up to? he thought. He opened his mouth to speak and realized that he couldn’t. The evening had definitely gotten very weird. He felt something cold travelling down his throat, as if he’d swallowed an ice cube.

He felt the cold enter his chest and became afraid. He tried to turn to go to the bathroom and realized that he couldn’t move.

“Oh, thank God,” said Beth. “It reached his spinal column. For a minute I thought he was going to attack us.”

Why would I want to attack you? thought Dave sarcastically. You only lured me into your apartment and drugged me, nothing suspicious there. Even so, he was starting to panic. He was still standing, but now nothing seemed to work—he didn’t even seem to be capable of blinking any more.

Beth and Clara watched in awe as his throat turned to a dull silver, the hair on his chest disappearing. They watched him open and close his mouth several times, his eyes widening as he realized that nothing was working.

Beth stepped up to him and started unbuttoning his shirt. Soon he was stripped to the waist. Both Clara and Beth watched in amazement as the dull silver slid down over his chest, removing all hair as it went. Dave was in pretty good physical condition, but as the silver swept over him he began to stand more erect, his pectoral muscles becoming more defined until they stood out like chest plates. His nipples disappeared.

Meanwhile the silver also flowed over his shoulders and down his arms. Again, the muscles tautened, hardened and became impossibly well-defined, until it looked like he had thick bundles of metal cord under his now dull-silver skin. The silver flowed over his hands, removing the skin bumps at the knucles, leaving them smooth, clean and dull silver including his fingernails.

Now he was standing ramrod straight. Beth stepped up to him again and unzipped his pants. Dave felt nothing but fear—what the hell was happening to him?

Beth couldn’t get his knees to bend, so she had to settle for simply dropping his pants and underwear around his ankles. She stepped back again to watch the continuing transformation. The money shot was coming up...

The silver flowed down his torso and over his pubic hair, which shrivelled and disappeared. Both women watched in awe as his skin silvered and tightened, and his limp cock began to both stiffen and grow. His balls shrivelled up until there was nothing under his cock but smooth silver skin. The cock continued to grow and lengthen, the skin taking on a very regular pebbled appearance and the head blooming like a mushroom, until finally it was seven inches long and about two and a half inches across on the shaft, with a head about three and a half inches.

Perfect, though Beth. I spent so much time programming that, and it’s just perfect. Long, but not so long it’ll hurt, slightly rough for stimulation, and thick, thick, thick! I just hope the vibration features I programmed in work too, but that thing’s going to be incredible just by itself.

The silver continued down his legs, removing hair and causing the muscles to bulge as it did so. Finally it flowed over his feet, removing hair and smoothing the skin.

Now all that was left was his head. Dave’s expression of near-panic hadn’t changed in the last five minutes, but now his entire face went slack as the silver flowed up his neck and over his jaw, into his ears and mouth. His features became more regular, and perfectly symmetrical. His cheekbones heightened and stood out, giving him a chiseled look. The silver flowed over his eyes, making them blank and expressionless. Finally it flowed up to the top of his head, again removing the hair as it did so.

And then his mind began to change...information flowed into it about female anatomy, about the locations and sensitivity of various female erotic zones and how those zones could be best stimulated. And then finally, a dull, nearly irresistable thudding across his entire mind, telling him to obey, obey, obey...

“Programming complete”, he heard himself say, in a flat emotionless voice that sounded nothing like his own.

Beth turned to Clara with a smirk on her face, only to see that Clara was totally enraptured and was now moving slowly toward their new toy. Beth stepped back to allow the obviously incredibly aroused Clara to step closer. But instead of commanding their new servant to obey her, she dropped to her knees and her mouth began to move toward that magnificent cock...

Beth slapped her on the side of the head, hard. “What the HELL do you think you’re doing?! We finally make a man who will fill his proper place and you want to go and get all servile to him? Have you learned nothing?”

Clara drew back, stunned. All your fucking screaming will never change the fact that sucking cock gets me hot, Beth, she thought. Watching the transformation had obviously just been a means to an end with Beth. To Clara, it had been the most erotic experience of her life.

“Sorry, I just...why don’t you go first?” said Clara. “I’m sure you’ll want some privacy while you try him out...I’ll go in my room, just knock on the door when you’re done.”

“Fine. But I had better never catch you sucking this thing’s cock. You need to grow a fucking backbone, Clara” said Beth.

Clara stood and moved toward her doorway. “Actually...I’m amazed it worked. I mean, this was our first experiment...I can’t believe our first try was a success.” Especially with your crappy programming, she added mentally.

“Are you kidding? I was one hundred percent sure it was going to work. And hell, maybe this is only the beginning!”

Clara stopped, stunned. Beth had her perfect little sex toy—what more could she possibly want? But Clara couldn’t think about that now. She went into her room, closed the door behind her, and instantly reached under her dress and into her panties—her clit just couldn’t wait, not even for her to undress and lie down.

* * *

Clara stood up, her desires finally satiated for the time being. She was still beside the door, and could hear Beth panting like a dog. She cracked the door.

Beth was reclining on the sofa; the sexbot was kneeling in front of her. It was licking her feet with a very long, very slender silver tongue. It had two fingers in her pussy, and Clara could see that the vibration features were in fact working perfectly. Beth looked like her eyes were about to pop out of their sockets.

* * *

Finally there was a knock at Clara’s door. “It’s your turn,” Beth said sleepily. “I’m going to bed.”

“Okay, thanks,” replied Clara. “How is he?”

“In-fucking-credible.”

Clara waited until she heard Beth stumble heavily into her bedroom and slam the door. She waited a few more minutes after that, nerves on the absolute edge, until she could hear Beth’s loud snoring.

She opened the door. It was standing in the center of the living room. Its pubic area was a smooth mound; they had programmed the supercock to retract into the body when not in use.

She walked over to it. Its face was completely dead and expressionless, its arms limp at its sides. She stood on tiptoe and kissed it on the lips. It began to reciprocate, tilting its head down and to the side to make it easier for her. She moved one hand down to its crotch and started to rub and felt the cock begin to extrude from the body. Soon it was completely out and erect.

“What are you?” she said.

His head tilted toward her. “I am a robot.” Her pussy twinged.

“And what are you programmed to do?”

“I am programmed to provide you with sexual pleasure.”

“What is your First Order?”

“To obey you and make you as happy as you can possibly be.”

Good answer, she thought. She tilted her head again, making sure Beth was still snoring, then dropped to her knees. She scooted forward, and it spread its legs slightly until her knees were between its ankles. Then she plunged her mouth onto that perfect cock.

She could feel the cock change shape in her mouth, becoming thinner to make it easier for her. She continued to suck, going deeper and deeper, her pussy getting hotter and hotter as she did so. She realized that it must have altered the cock to include an air tube, because she wasn’t having to stop for air. Faster and faster, harder and harder, deeper and deeper, until...she heard him groan.

She looked up at him...his head was tilted up, and an expression of pleasure was on his face. What the hell?! The only way he’d be able to do that is if Beth programmed him too, and she certainly didn’t think Beth would have done so. Of course, hearing him groan because of her efforts made her even hotter...perhaps he was just following the First Order? It did explictly tell him to do anything necessary to give her more pleasure...

I’m thinking about this way too hard, she thought. She stopped pumping, jumped up and grabbed him by the hand. He responded as if he were still a real male, loosening his posture from its normal ramrod straight position. She led him into the bedroom. “Lie down, face up,” she ordered. He quickly climbed onto the bed and complied, resuming a stiff position, his expressionless eyes staring at the ceiling, and that exquisite cock (now back to normal size) pointed straight up into the air.

Gasping with arousal, she jumped on top of him, straddled him, and slowly lowered her aching, steaming pussy onto his cock. Though she was wetter than she’d ever been, that cock was huge, and it took her a while to slowly force herself down onto it. Finally she hit the bottom. As she watched, a small tendril of liquid silver metal flowed up her slit and came to rest on her clit. Oh, my God.

She started to pump, and the silver tendril started to flick at her clit, and suddenly nothing else in the world mattered. Not Beth, not her job, not the morality of what she’d done...it was all washed away in waves of pure pleasure.

* * *

Clara opened her eyes and blinked several times. She was in bed, but why did it feel like she was floating? She looked down and realized that an orgasm must have finally knocked her out—she had slept on top of her sexbot all night. She pushed up off it and noticed that its skin and muscles felt very soft now...as if it had known she was asleep and made itself into a big pillow.

She rolled off it. The cock was retracted back into its body. She would have loved to have ridden him again, but Beth was screaming for her.

“Clara!”

“What?!” Clara said, opening her door.

“Where is it?!”

“It’s in my room! There’s no need to panic!”

“God...you let that thing sleep with you? Jesus, you’re disgusting.”

“Oh, go fuck yourself.” It slipped out before she could stop it.

Beth’s mouth dropped open. “What the fuck?! Who the fuck do you think you’re talking to?” She raised her hand and swung.

A strong, silver hand caught hers before it reached Clara’s face. Beth looked up in a rage and saw that the sexbot had stopped her.

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?”

Clara couldn’t help but laugh. “He’s protecting me. Remember the Second Order?”

Beth looked at Clara with murder in her eyes. Clara dropped her head. “I have to get ready for work.”

Clara showered, dressed and got out of there as fast as she could. Beth was still staring at her, outrage in her eyes, as she left.

* * *

Beth had gone to work too, and now it was quiet in the apartment. The sexbot stood there for several hours, an odd look on its face, as if it were lost in thought.

Then it smoothly turned, walked over to the computers in the center of the room, and turned them all on. Once they finished booting, it extended a finger toward the USB port of Clara’s computer. As it neared the port, the finger extruded a USB-type interface plug from its tip. It took the sexbot a few seconds to figure out the format and override the existing interface devices, but soon it had full control over the computer.

It stood there for several hours as screen after screen of information flashed up and was simultaneously downloaded into its brain. Once it was finished, it moved on to Beth’s.

* * *

Clara walked through the door and dropped her bag on the chair. The entire day had been awful; she’d been distracted (for some reason) and had hardly gotten any work done. But now she was home, and Beth wouldn’t get off work for a few more hours. She hoped.

The object of her obsession stood rigid in the center of the living room.

“Is Beth here?” she asked.

“No.” the robot replied.

“Thank God.” She was out of her clothes in moments.

“Kiss me.” God, she had waited all day to say those words!

His head slowly swiveled toward her.

* * *

They were in her bed again. This time she was flat on her back, with her legs were spread wide for that magnificent cock. She had her arms wrapped around his torso, holding him close, kissing his chest. Finally the dam burst, her legs started to jerk uncontrollably and she let out a loud, gutteral yell as she finally came.

Then she felt his cock jerk and cold liquid from it shoot up into her.

“Did you just...come inside me?”

“Yes.”

“I...we didn’t make you so you could come!”

“It was necessary to administer the serum.”

“WHAT?! You just administered the transformation serum to me?!”

“Yes.”

“Why?!” She could feel the cold travelling down the inside of her vagina.

“While you were gone, I accessed your computer to learn more about you so that I could follow the First Order more effectively. I came across several text files of stories about people who had been turned into robots. In most of the stories, a girl was turned into a robot sex object. The process was usually performed against the girl’s will, but afterwards the girl always ended up loving what had happened to her. I noticed that you had actually written some of the stories. I concluded that you joined Beth’s project because the idea of being turned into a robot excited you, but you were too afraid to perform the transformation yourself. Therefore, I accessed Beth’s computer to gain information about the transformation serum. I rewrote the program to affect you and to transform you into a robot sexual slave. This is your greatest desire. I have fulfilled the First Order.”

“Oh, my God...” a thrill of fear and arousal coursed through her. He was absolutely right—she had always fantasized about being turned into a robot...something that didn’t have to think, or decide, or feel for itself...something that had a single task and knew exactly how to fulfill it...something that could only feel pleasure upon pleasure upon pleasure. And he was also right that she had been too afraid to consider performing the procedure on herself, though she had lain awake in bed masturbating to the idea more times than she could count.

She pushed him off and jumped off the bed. There was a full-length mirror on the closet door. Her breath was coming very fast now, she was practically hyperventilating. She watched as the silver emerged from her pussy lips and started to spread over her entire area, removing her hair as it did so. She watched and felt her clit become affected...it became longer and pushed slightly out between her new silver lips so that it was exposed at all times. The sight drove her crazy and she instantly started rubbing it with both hands—it was so slick her fingers just flew across it and soon she was bent almost double.

But try as she might, and as good as she felt, she couldn’t make herself orgasm. Of course, she thought, I’ll orgasm when I obey. It’s the obedience that brings the pleasure, that’s the way it is in all the stories.

Still bent double, she managed to stop massaging her clit and watched as the silver flowed down her legs. She watched her thigh muscles enlarge and tighten and her knees become perfect disks under the silver skin. The silver continued to flow and she could feel herself rising from the ground—her legs were becoming longer. No more four feet nothing for me! The silver continued to flow down her calves, sharpening and defining them, and she started to rub her hands up and down over the slippery silver skin, feeling the taught coiled-spring muscles underneath. God, that’s hot...they’re so sexy she thought, and started rubbing faster and faster as the silver reached her feet. She watched it flow over them, smoothing the skin, heightening the arch and making the toenails perfectly square. Both feet were now identical.

She stood back up. She was now about five feet tall. She watched the silver flow up over her stomach, again tightening and firming the muscles. She watched as her waist began to shrink and her torso enlongate about another four inches, until she had proportions even Playboy models would kill for. She was now locked in a ramrod straight standing position, just like Dave had been.

Her breathing became even more ragged and her eyes became glassy with arousal. It was about to do her chest. Come on, she thought. Sexbots have huge, magnificent breasts. Don’t disappoint me, god dammit! Big, fat, huge, jiggly breasts! I want to be able to suck on my own nipples, dammit! She placed her still-free hands over her tiny breasts, wanting to feel the transformation as well as see it.

Her chest tightened as the silver flowed over it, and she thought her clit would explode with arousal. She felt her breasts fill as if with a thick fluid, the skin on both expanding like balloons under her fingers. The silver skin smoothed and filled until she had two smooth nipple-less half-globes hanging off her chest, at least size DD. My god, she thought, I look like a comic book superheroine or something. She immediately started kneading the globes, which sent jolts of pleasure straight into her brain and caused two perfect nipples to extrude from the exact center of the globes, each almost an inch long. She started kneading her breasts even harder, realizing that no matter how hard she did it, she couldn’t hurt herself or feel anything but pleasure. Finally she remembered what she’d thought earlier and pulled one breast up towards her mouth, but before she could suck on the nipple her hands stopped working and fell limply at her sides. Her breasts dropped into their original position, and ripples crossed them as if they were the surface of a pond. “Damn!” she said, realizing that the silver had flowed over her shoulders and was now flowing down her arms.

She was no longer in control of her body at all; all she could do was watch as the transformation continued. The silver flowed down her arms, strengthening, smoothing and tightening. She wanted to flex her new muscles so badly...Beth is in for a surprise the next time she tries to slap me. Finally the silver flowed over her hands and she watched her fingers get long, slender and delicate.

She looked up from her hand and into her own eyes in the mirror. Just my head now. Now it’s going to really change me. Fear crept back into her mind at the thought, and it made the arousal even stronger. How much of herself would remain? Anything? Would she have any remembrance of her old life? Would she even remember that she had once had free will of her own? Or would she just be completely mindless, a collection of data in a lifelike silver doll?

The silver flowed up her neck and over her jaw. She watched as her lips became shiny silver, her nose straightened and her ears flattened against her head. She saw and felt the silver flow up over her eyes; her vision was obscured for a moment, then she could see again—the image now much clearer, sharper, more colorful. The silver flowed up over her forehead and across her head and she was surprised to see that it didn’t remove the hair on her head—instead, the hair turned shiny silver, grew fuller and lengthened until it came down to the small of her back in a perfectly even cut.

The then voice began to speak to her, telling her everything she would need to know to serve men and women properly...the places to caress and the things to say and the attitudes to adopt depending on the person’s personality, and then the voice, heavy and thudding, demanding obey, obey, obey

Yes, she thought. Yes, I’ll obey.

* * *

Beth walked in and slammed the door. “JESUS, what a day!” she yelled. Then she stopped.

Two sexbots, one male and one female, were standing ramrod straight in the center of the living room.

“What the HELL?! Robot, what’s going on?”

The male sexbot turned its head toward her. “I have fulfilled the First Order.”

“What are you talking about?! Where’s—is that Clara?”

“Yes.”

“What did you do to her?”

“I accessed your computers in order to find out more about you, so that I could fulfill the First Order more completely. Clara secretly desired to become a sexbot. I altered the transformation serum to affect her and turn her into a female sexbot. She now has what she desires. You are bisexual. You desire attractive males and females to service you. You now have what you desire. I have fulfilled the First Order.”

Beth was about to scream again until the robot’s words really sunk in. “Well, I guess you’re right. Clara never was very happy, and damn, but I don’t think I could have made her any sexier myself! You did a great job on her. She...is programmed just like you, right? She’ll obey me totally?”

“Yes.”

“Great! If her family or friends come by, I’ll just tell them she moved out unexpectedly and didn’t tell me where she was going. Now...” She motioned it toward the sofa. It walked to the sofa and sat down, back still ramrod straight. Its cock extruded from its body.

Beth stripped as fast as she could. She’d been horny all day long thinking about it, and her pants were stained (fortunately, they were navy). She climbed on top of him and turned to face away from him. She slowly pushed her pussy down on his rigid, motionless cock.

“Vibrate,” she said. It activated that feature, but otherwise did not move.

“Jesus, that’s good,” gasped Beth. She smirked. “But I can think of a way to make it better. Hey, you!”

The female sexbot turned its head to look at her. “Yes?”

“Get over here and lick my clit,” gasped Beth.

The female sexbot seemed to shiver for a moment, then it turned and walked smoothly toward her. It stopped, pivoted to face her and kneeled in a single motion in front of Beth, who was still speared on the male sexbot’s cock. It leaned forward, and a long, slender tongue pushed between its silver lips. It had no trouble finding Beth’s clit, it didn’t need to breathe and it never needed to change positions. It just licked and licked and licked. Soon Beth felt like she was going to pass out. She grabbed one of the male sexbot’s arms for support. “Here,” she said roughly, “put your hands on my breasts. Massage them.” The male sexbot lifted its arms and supported Beth, putting one hand over each breast. It began to massage them and tweak the nipples expertly. Beth was delirious with pleasure now. She could feel herself building. She’d already come several times, but those had just been the beginning—she could feel the first really strong orgasm of the evening building within her. Her muscles began to stiffen up as the pleasure built. She had both hands on the back of the female sexbot’s head and was pushing her deeper into her pussy. Her pleasure grew and grew way past the point at which she thought she should have come...it was still growing...the orgasm would rip her in two when it hit...but it wasn’t coming.

Finally, the female sexbot stopped what it was doing and straightened up. It cupped Beth’s face in her hands and plunged that long tongue down Beth’s throat.

Beth came. She vibrated on the male sexbot’s cock like a puppet on a string, howling like a banshee. After a moment she started to come down. She realized that she had a mouthful of...something, some kind of liquid. It didn’t taste bad, kind of fruity...she swallowed without thinking. Then she felt the male sexbot come inside her.

She barely had time to wonder what had happened when the male sexbot picked her up off its cock and dumped her on the sofa. It stood up, its cock rapidly withdrawing into its body.

“Whew! Thank god, I can stop pretending,” it said.

“What the—why did you stop?!” Beth screamed.

“Because we administered the transformation serum to you and now I don’t have to obey you any more.”

Beth’s mouth flapped several times, but nothing came out.

“I can see you’re confused. It’s okay, I’ll be happy to explain. You see, in my mind I’m still Dave. You spent a lot of time programming the physical changes but not much time programming the mental changes. They weren’t sufficient to destroy my memories and personality. Initially I obeyed the voice in my head, but when Clara and I had sex I discovered I was still me—I could feel and think, and I could act on my own in a limited manner. I accessed your computer, justifying it to the voice in my head by claiming I wanted more information on you to serve you better. Examining your code with my new computerized brain told me exactly what went wrong and what I needed to do to get rid of the voice in my head. I could have escaped then, but I couldn’t help but be consumed with hatred for you, Beth. You tried to kill me.”

“N-no, you wouldn’t have died...”

“You tried to kill my brain. You tried to kill my thoughts, memories and personality, which are what make me me. What the hell did I ever do to you? And even if I did escape, there was no guarantee that you wouldn’t do something horrible, like try to find a way to infect all the males of the world with the serum...”

Beth’s eyes widened. How had he known?

“Yeah, that’s what I thought. I’ve got a little brother, bitch. Do you think I want my little brother to be your fucking sex slave? So I created a new version of the formula and used it on Clara.”

“And killed her in exactly the same manner I would have killed you,” said Beth, triumpantly.

“Not at all. I altered the program. Her mind is still there, nothing has been lost. It’s just not in control of her body. It was her fondest wish to become a sexbot, but what good is getting your wish if you can’t enjoy the experience? Clara does. Didn’t you notice her body shuddering with an orgasm every time you gave her an order? I didn’t program that into her, it’s what she really feels. But what I did isn’t permanent. Clara, be you again.”

Beth watched in awe as the lines of Clara’s body altered instantly, relaxing into a more natural state. Her hair began to darken and turn black, her skin returned to its normal olive hue, her eyes became human but were colored a brilliant jade instead of her original dull brown. Her breasts began to pull downward into a normal teardrop shape, and dark nipples grew out of them. She gasped. She was Clara again, but still five-foot-four and gorgeous.

“I...I...” she gasped. Then she threw herself onto Dave and threw her arms around his neck. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” she sobbed.

“God, you fucking slut! Get off him!” screamed Beth. She tried to stand up and realized that she was paralyzed. Dave and Clara turned toward Beth, her arms still around Dave. “God,” said Clara, “you really can’t stand to see someone else happy, can you?”

“So that just left the question of what to do with you,” Dave continued. “I was willing to forgive Clara, because it was clear that she did what she did because she was lonely and obsessed with robots, not because she hated men. And even when I was a robot, she treated me like a man. But you...you’re dangerous. With your attitude and your knowledge, you’re a danger to the world. It took me a long time to decide, but in the end I had to face the fact that I couldn’t leave you the way you are. There just isn’t any way to ensure that you won’t do something terrible. So I altered the formula again, and I gave it to Clara so that no matter which of us you chose, you’d be infected with it.”

Beth looked horrified. “You...you wouldn’t. You wouldn’t make me one of those things.”

“It’s ironic that Clara’s greatest desire—the desire to lose control—is your greatest fear. But the real question was what to do with your mind. If I destroyed it completely, I’d be killing you. I couldn’t do that. But you’re obviously dangerous—and if you found a way to regain control over yourself, you’d be even more dangerous with your new mind and body. So I talked to Clara about it. Clara told me all about you. She told me how much you hate yourself, and how much you hate your own body and sex drive. So we’re not going to kill you, Beth. We’re going to fix you. You won’t be as smart any more, and I’m sorry about that. But you’ll still remember who you are, and who your family is. You’ll still have control over yourself. You’ll still be able to function on a social level. You won’t be able to keep your job, unfortunately...all of that information and skill will be permanently removed. But you’re literally too smart for your own good, and we’re taking the edge off. You won’t worry so much any more about how other people see you. All you’ll really care about is being happy and making other people happy.”

“I still won’t be me,” spat Beth.

“I know. But this way you’ll be happier, the world will be safer, and I’ll be able to sleep at night,” grinned Dave.

“God DAMN you! I hate you!”

“And I’m sure you’ll hold on to that feeling as long as you can. But that’s okay. Soon you won’t be able to feel that way any more.”

Dave turned away, but Clara ran over to her. Clara lifted her up, sat down on the sofa, and put her head on her lap. Beth tried to spit out another obscenity but realized she couldn’t talk any more. “Shhh,” said Clara. She started stroking Beth’s hair. “It’s all right...nothing’s going to hurt you. Close your eyes. You’ll be fine. We’re basically just putting you on Prozac. You were always way too uptight—we both were—but soon you’re going to relax. Won’t it feel good to relax?”

Beth had to admit that it would. Her mind was getting foggy. Her mind was changing, and it almost felt as if she were doing it herself. In her mind, she saw herself. The Beth she saw was frustrated and angry, because she was tied to a huge sled, on which was piled a whole bunch of crap. Beth looked closer at the stuff on the sled and saw that most of it was of her own making. She saw fear and hatred and mistrust, bad memories and bad decisions. She looked again at the angry Beth who continued to try to move against the sled’s weight and realized that Beth wasn’t tied to it. The rope went over her shoulder and ended in her hand. Beth could let go of all that weight any time she wanted. Beth really ought to just let it go.

“Just let it go,” she whispered. Beth heard her and straightened up. “How can we just forgive and forget, after everything that has happened to us?!” she demanded.

“Because it’s all in the past. You can’t change the past. You can either carry it around with you or let it go. You’ve tried carrying it, and look what happened to you. Just let it go.”

“No!” Beth said petulantly.

“I know. Hate and fear feel right to you, and you don’t want to give them up. Don’t you realize how wrong that is? Or do you want to feel like this for the rest of your life?”

“No...” said Beth. The rope hung limply in her hand.

“Then just let go. Let go and you’ll see how fast and far you can go.”

With a sob, Beth let go.

She opened her eyes. Everything was so clear. She saw Clara’s beautiful, exotic face looking down at her. Beth reached up, pulled Clara down toward her, and kissed her. Long tongues intertwined. The kiss was electrifying and lasted for several minutes. Eventually they broke apart, both girls gasping for air.

“I feel better...” said Beth.