The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author’s note:

My apologies to new readers! I do try to keep in mind those folks who are arriving in the middle of the “epic”, but you will find a minimum of exposition about what has gone before in the world of Corelle D’Amber.

This story follows ‘Petal Lick’ and ‘Petal Kiss’.

Petal Dance

Eye of Serpent

Corelle D’Amber. I’d been her part-time lover for nearly a year. Before that I’d studied her dossier for months trying to learn how the government might protect her from criminal threats. She’d been a high-profile assault victim and was of interest to certain international criminal elements.

Corelle D’Amber. Born in the town of Midford, Iowa in 1950. Average sort of child, she was good with math and science and enjoyed the track team in high school but never won a medal. She went to State University, where she changed majors from sociology to business in her sophomore year and excelled. She was sick for a year with mono and completed her degree two years late in 1974. Her parents died in a car crash that same year.

Lost her left eye in a skiing accident in Colorado. Moved to California.

Entered into the business world, she started as a freelance financial planner. Using her own money from stock market trading, she began to provide capital to high-tech startup ventures. The rest is a minor legend in small financial circles. She had a gift—a talent for picking winners and making their startup dreams a reality, and getting very rich in the process.

Lies. All of it lies. All deliberate premeditated deceits to cover for the truth that Corelle D’Amber was a fictional character.

I knew what an awesome feat that untruth was. I’d been with the FBI and most people have no idea how hard it is to hide in plain sight or to falsify so well and so cleverly that you can create an entire human identity and anticipate every kind of cross reference that will skewer you. The world is a great big database that holds all of our tottering steps and missteps.

If Corelle D’Amber was a lie, what was I in love with? Thanks to Corelle’s training, I now knew.

I was in love with a monster.

Not the easy monsters that we all agree to be terrified by. Not the monsters that need permission to cross your threshold, or can be killed by silver bullets, or need nine leaves of the Plant-that-only-blooms-under-a-full-moon in order to walk amongst humans. Corelle wasn’t one of those imaginary creatures. Clever folks that humans are we give our fictional monsters weird weaknesses and strange perplexing rituals. We acknowledge their fictional power over us after we have handicapped them so they may be defeated by the pure of heart.

The monsters are really here. They are less than fiction and more than we perceive.

Some live in the dark by choice, most walk in daylight. They know humans well. They do not ignore their own weaknesses for the sake of the pure of heart even as they cannot churn their own flesh into wolves and bats. They are not as powerful as fiction has supposed. There are limits to everything that they can accomplish.

They do have a habit of eating their own.

Once thousands of years ago, they were a people of many Clans. Today they are nearly gone. They know themselves as the Ancients.

Corelle D’Amber was one of Them. For two months she had personally trained me to find and accept the monster in myself. She was ready to give me my final test.

* * *

I wasn’t quite human anymore. In order to prove it, I was about to enter the Initiate Dance.

I knew I was changed. I couldn’t see it at first, but after weeks it was obvious now. It was impossible to ignore. The monster inside is alluring and corruptive. The monster is part me, but it also can be a poison, a habit that is seductive and fascinates the mind and body. The Great River alters the body and the mind in dangerous ways.

The Great River. I can’t stop thinking about it now. Fire. Consumption of my body’s resources in the material world while my mind might slowly become euphoric and needful of the repeated experience. The Great River is something like sex. There is attraction to the pure pleasure, but also repulsion from the loss of self. If I touch the Great River, blending the Power with the pure of my self, I can be consumed even while the glorious sensation tells me I will live forever.

But only True Monsters live forever. Corelle was one of Them. I wasn’t quite a monster in that sense and never would be. I was still somewhat human. That wasn’t an advantage in the Dance.

* * *

Corelle smiled at me from the back seat of the limo, “You know what this is, Doris. It’s time to graduate from advanced lessons. I’ve turned you inside out. I’ve shown you how to pull someone’s will down and tickle the dark corners of their minds. You’ve learned the taste of corruption that power brings. You are already too dangerous to live if you fail to pass the Dance. One of the Ancients would find you and make you over as a Ghula. The least I can do for you is to kill you myself if you cannot succeed today.”

Hell. She’d already told me this once a few days ago. The second time through it was just as cold and unfortunate and upsetting. It served now to churn my stomach again and make me want to void my bladder that I knew was empty.

She looked at Bess Rand sitting beside me. “It is traditional in many clans for the Initiate to be allowed one thrall as support in the final Dance. I’ve selected Bess. If you wish that added resource, she will assist you.”

I’d rather have Evelyn. I looked at Bess. Interesting. In my opinion, Bess Rand was technically insane and able to hide it very well. It was possible she had been insane before she met Corelle. She might even have been insane before she had taken me as her trainable slut in my basic Initiation. I couldn’t say for sure. But since I had been practicing on Bess in my advanced lessons, I knew she was insane now. But Bess was a sharp thinker, cool as ice, and I knew her mind better than mine. She would be a great asset in staying alive. As long as there wasn’t a catch.

“Can I check her mind or do I have to take her as is?” I asked my Mystrix. Corelle had taught me that death could come from anything at anytime. That was part of the final Dance.

“You can check.” Corelle nodded.

I did. There wasn’t any point in playing games or double-thinking myself out of checking once I was allowed to verify. I touched the Great River lightly and put my hand on Bess’ nylon-covered knee beside me.

Bess was rigged against me. I disabled the sub-etheric ‘attack Doris’ compulsion and kept looking for more. When I was sure Bess was not going to hamstring me, I nodded to Corelle, “You didn’t tell me I’d have a decision like this. I’ll take her.” Extra pair of eyes, and an extra mind to help? Damn right I’ll take her.

Corelle smiled, “Decisions should always be hard. Good luck, Doris.”

I took a deep breath and popped the car door and got out. Bess followed. We both started slowly towards the mall.

* * *

The rules of the Dance were simple.

Go shopping. Spend at least five thousand dollars without having a police report filed by mall security or calling unwarranted attention to myself. Exit the opposite end of the mall, where Corelle would pick me up. If I could do that without being killed, leashed, or disabled by the obstacles that Corelle had prepared, I would graduate. I would become Kinspawn and not just a half-blood fluke.

I knew the apparent absurdity of the test was part of its hidden danger, but Corelle could have been preparing the shopping mall for weeks.

I started right in with Bess on my ideas of how we would do this. She listened carefully while I outlined the plan I had devised over the last five days. “Any comments?” I asked her.

“A couple of questions,” Bess offered. “Why not split up? I’ll cause a distraction while you make some quick expensive purchases and scoot out the other end of the mall. Simple.”

“Even if the distraction didn’t result in anything serious enough to get a security report, I’ve taken your assistance and I’ll get you out too. I know I don’t have to by the rules, but that’s the way Corelle would do it and that’s what I’m doing. I accepted you as help so we both get out if possible. You’re my thrall, you’re my responsibility.”

Bess flashed a smile and flushed with arousal, “Well, Doris, you’ve already failed in my eyes. I hope she kills you.”

I grinned, “My lovely little Bessie, you have no idea how good that makes me feel.”

She gave me her ice queen smile in return. “Second question. Why not start leashing people as soon as we walk in? Build up a line of bodyguards on all sides of us and use that to get through? Once the test is over, you could go back in and make everyone forget anything odd.”

I stopped at the doors to the mall and stepped off to the side. She followed. The Dance didn’t start until we entered the mall concourse. “Plenty of reasons, Bessie. I’ll just talk about the ones I care about. This Dance is a symbol of a greater thing. The mall is mankind and the world. It represents a limited place full of random events and innocent people. I have to pass as a human, I have to do things in such a way that I achieve my goals without breaking the rhythm of my Dance.”

“And if I were to use all my strength, if I could overpower every obstacle by using the River, I run the risk of losing my self. If the pleasure gets too strong while I’m in danger, I run the risk of the mundane world killing me while I luxuriate in ecstasy. Communion with the Great River can kill me all by itself since I’m not really Kin. I don’t have the physique to handle the energy. I am the half-blood Initiate, an accident of genetics, but assuming I graduate the Dance I become Kinspawn. I’ll have recognition and rights under the Ways.”

I realized that I was procrastinating by telling Bess all this. Apparently, I needed one last pep talk, even if it came from me.

“I do see your point, Bessie. The goal is everything and now I have the Power,” I watched her, “but the other Ancients will always have more power than me. I have to learn the minimal movements. I have to learn the art of this Dance. Long term, I’ll never live by the brute force of the power, even if I could complete the final Initiate Dance using it.”

Bess sighed. She nodded. She took off her sunglasses and put them in her purse. She held open the purse so I could see two small pistols inside. “I wondered if you would understand the symbolism of what She was doing. She doesn’t explain much. I guess you’re smarter than I gave you credit for, Doris. If everything goes to hell, Corelle will kill you. This is another option. No one knows I have these.”

I stared at the guns. “What option is that?” I looked back at her. I wasn’t allowed weapons except those I found within the Dance. Strangely, I realized that Bess bringing the pistols wasn’t a violation; the thrall was a gift from my instructor, therefore the guns were allowed. I had to wonder if Corelle already knew about the guns, or if Bess had actually put one over on her.

She gazed at me. “There is a place where symbols end and reality rules and things are no longer a game. I’ve been watching you get the learning and attention from Corelle that I’ve dreamed of my whole life. I’ve known I was special from a young age. I’ve been in the top two percent of everything I’ve ever done. On paper, and by every measure I can see, I’m the better woman, Doris. I’m the one who should be the Initiate. I’m the one who should be able to touch the Great River. Instead, it’s you. Corelle told me I could have your Initiate training if I could break you back at the beginning of your lessons. Did you know those were the stakes of our game? I would have been the student.”

“No.” I whispered, “I didn’t know.” Not then. I’ve learned since.

Bess went on, “This is real. Rules are for the weak who need them. If we can’t beat this test, we need to kill Corelle before she kills us. She’s actually very easy to kill. I’ve been inside Adler’s medical database. Shoot her through the right eye or mouth. Eye is best because she dies quicker if you get the brain. You can hurt her by shooting her anywhere you wouldn’t expect bone.” She closed the purse.

I waited a few breaths and thought. I took off my sunglasses. “You would have made a good monster, Bessie. I’m glad you’re my thrall today.” But I know things I can’t tell you. You never would have made it as an Initiate. Your world-view doesn’t include failure. Corelle knows exactly how to take you apart and so do I.

She nodded elegantly, “I know. I can’t believe I’m only human. It completely floors me.”

“Well,” I put my sunglasses away, “let’s go shopping.” I stepped away and opened the glass doors, walking into the cold dark and waiting for my eyes to adjust.

* * *

We entered the Dance.

I fully expected that each and every security guard was an armed enemy. I didn’t know whether Corelle would stick to the same rules as I had to. In theory, one security guard with a gun shooting one Doris Connor might break the rule of a police report being filed. On the other hand, headlines like that appeared all the time. Was that unwarranted attention?

I certainly thought so.

I had to assume that Corelle might not follow the rules, even if I did. Bess was right about some things. The Ancients made their own rules. That was the real world.

First action then, change appearance and break our trail. Bess and I moved along keeping watch for the uniformed mall security. They were the obvious stalkers who could track us and they all had comm squawkers. The actual attack would probably come from somewhere else.

When it looked clear, we moved from window-shopping to a wig shop. I did not waste any subtlety on the salesgirl. Her hand was on the counter and I put mine down on top of it, “I’d like two black wigs.”

Her eyes flickered with puzzlement as I touched the River and stroked her hand, “And show us your storeroom.”

“My wha—?” Her will melted down as I applied pressure. Her mind struggled with the coercion and pleasure. Her eyes took on a split second of widened fear, and then became glassy.

“Take us back into the storeroom.” I ran my fingers down hers.

“Yesss,” she smiled. She turned slowly and walked back behind a turned-out wall. Bess and I followed. She led us to a utilitarian space of shelves crowded with boxes.

“She’s closer to your size, Bess.” I nodded, “Take off your clothes, girl. Put on what Bessie gives you.”

The clerk nodded and began to strip with a silly smile.

In five minutes, I watched as the young girl rang up sales on my credit card for the wigs. Bess had changed her clothes for the salesgirl’s and we both had on short black hair. I dumped the jacket I was wearing and put on the girl’s windbreaker. We used the service entrance to the shop and walked back out into the mall concourse halfway to our goal. Chatting, not moving too fast, we headed for the mid-mall department store, my main goal.

* * *

A little girl was rushing down the aisle through cosmetics and smacked into me.

I did not expect the hypodermic. She must have been given a description of my clothes that allowed her to spot me. I was too slow. I was shocked that Corelle would corrupt a child. The needle got me in the thigh, but then I had a hand on her small forehead and was burning down her will to slow her from pressing the plunger.

She started leaning on the hypo, then sagged against me. Her hand relaxed and she smiled.

Her mind was very resistant, and then I realized that she was a midget and not a little girl at all. Her psyche was rigged quite simply but layered with shoring to her ego. I disabled the ‘attack Doris’ compulsion and Bess kept a lookout for interference while I set the ‘little girl’ back on her feet and made polite noises about her ‘stumble’.

My leg began to tingle.

We made a beeline for the ladies’ room with me limping. It was a flesh wound. A trickle of blood was down my leg despite pressure stanching. I pulled off my stockings and used them and some paper towels to do a better job on the wound. The tension of the attack sapped my ability to touch the River. Bess actually came up with headache pills.

But I didn’t trust that Bess might only think they were headache pills. Corelle could have tampered with anything in her purse. I pulled out my own and downed six of them.

Whatever was in the needle, I had gotten a little of it. My leg was throbbing and I my thoughts were a little slow. I had to do something about the tension I was feeling. Tension would cut me off from the power. But humans had one advantage over the Kin. We responded well to what Corelle called the ‘Little River’. Humans were so social that we not only drew strength from arousal and sex like the Kin, but also from the arousal of other humans, even strangers. The human mindset is focused more on groups.

I told Bess to kiss and fondle me. There was a flicker of irritation on her face and then we were clinching. Her lips against mine, I used my hands on her breasts. She loved having her nipples tugged.

She grunted and started to get into it, just as the bathroom door opened and two women came in. We broke quickly and checked ourselves in the mirror.

The two women moved to the sinks. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when I got a second look at them.

They were dressed like matching sluts, my own idea of fantasy sluts. Black short skirts and sheer black blouses. They wore gold sandal high heels and gold nail polish. They touched up their gold lipstick in the mirror while I stared.

One winked at me.

I was—. I was really aroused. They were walking around in public as I’d only done in private for Corelle. Was this part of some sort of attack? Why would Corelle bother with something so visually obvious? Why would she arouse me and make me stronger?

It couldn’t be a coincidence. My leg was a little numb. I decided to get the hell out of there. I grabbed Bess and we headed off for my next stop, the fur salon.

Once we were in the fur department of the store, I stroked the back of Bessie’s neck and told her to flash the woman waiting on us as soon as she found a good moment.

Just the idea helped my headache a lot.

Bess went into a dressing room with a beautiful fox coat and came out wearing only the coat over her stockings and heels. I could tell from the flush on her face she was getting into it. The saleswoman found out once Bess was standing in front of the mirror and opened the coat.

The poor woman gaped. I stepped up behind her and stroked her neck. “Look how nicely the fur compliments her naked snatch. Isn’t she a daring little showoff?”

She nodded slowly and I felt her trying to resist. She didn’t have a chance; I had already found some interesting paths in her.

“Makes you quite hot, selling furs to naked women.” I stroked her mind.

She grinned and answered dreamily, “This can’t really be happening. I’m quite hot.”

I felt the tension inside me start evaporating as my arousal pushed it out. I rubbed her mind. “You would like to model a fur in the nude.” Oh, that was really hot.

“Oh no!” Her eyes widened, “A customer—.”

“Is always right.” I finished for her, still stroking her mind. I didn’t know if I really had time for this, but my leg was feeling better.

Her mind stumbled right into the clichi logic, “Is always right.” She echoed, reaching up to unbutton her blouse.

Oh, yes. The Little River was definitely working for me. My leg felt much better now.

* * *

I joined Bess and Carry in the dressing room for the next set of furs. Watching the two of them having that much fun, rubbing the luxurious fur across their warm skin, I suddenly wanted to try it.

I stripped off my blouse and bra. Dropped my skirt and was putting on a beautiful black mink when the two security people walked right into the dressing area.

The three of us were hard-nippled and mostly naked.

For a moment, I was stunned and outraged. Then the mistake hit me with the rush of arousal. Dressing rooms had observation points. More importantly, I had missed the fact that I was high. Drugged. My judgment was tilted in favor of passion.

The needle. Damn, it was even a symbol of an Ancient attack. Celestial Fu used Needles to corrupt. It wasn’t a paralyzing agent I had to worry about it was an aphrodisiac. I was burning with intoxicating lust. I was wet and drawing on both Rivers unconsciously. Corelle had gotten me with misdirection.

The two store security ladies showed their ID’s. “Miss, we’d like you to come with us.”

I swore silently in my head wishing I could appreciate the unknowing double entendre. I’d screwed up already. I nodded briskly to the two women. They moved over and helped me shuck the fur and start to get dressed. I used that time to try and touch them. Luckily, they weren’t briefed against me. I stroked their minds lightly, increasing the pressure on them in several moments.

I had to use the Great River, but I was already dripping with heat. Drawing on it seemed to increase the spin of my thoughts. I had never done this while drunk or under drugs. I felt like I was on a carousel that was going faster and faster. The saddle of my horse was polished gold and the huge dildo on the saddle was firmly wedged in my sopping pussy. There was no way I was getting off this ride.

It felt so good. Head whipping in a circle, snatch stuffed full of warm gold.

Someone slapped me.

I blinked.

Bess hauled off and slapped me again, “Stop it, Doris, you stupid cunt! Stop!”

I blinked. I was forcing the two female security women to suck my fingers while Carry licked my sopping pussy folds. I shook off the dizziness.

Bess drew her hand back and slapped me again. It stung then burned.

“All right!” I yelled. “All right! I’m fine.” I quickly adjusted the three minds back to something approximating normal arousal.

Bess grinned at me while I fixed my slip-ups. “We need to get out of this area. I’m sure there’s more security on the way.”

I pulled a fur around me and didn’t bother getting dressed. “We can’t leave until we get these furs charged. You take my card and get that done. I’ll watch for the backup to arrive.”

Bess nodded, taking my plastic card.

* * *

I had to draw on the River to stop three different backups sent to find the first two women. Two men and another woman, I had to talk to them and bring them around to reporting ‘all clear’ to the security office. Getting their minds wasn’t hard.

Stopping myself was.

I was sweating under the fur. My thigh highs were soaked at the tops. I wanted to play with myself so badly. I wanted to just stop and fuck something.

I understood Corelle’s attack now. Every time I pulled on the River it was reacting with the drug in my system. Every time I drew power, I started to slip into a fugue of arousal. The pretty gilded horse between my legs seemed so real when the arousal rushed through me, the multi-colored walls of the department store would start to revolve as the power drew closer to me.

I thought about the feel of Bess’ slaps on my face. I felt like there were painted handprints on my face. My sexy face was so dirty and hot. I wanted to be slapped again.

A passing teen-age boy stared at me for a moment and I blew him a kiss. His eyes slammed open wide and he scampered off.

Bess finally arrived and showed me the receipts.

“Fine. Good, let’s go. I’ll thank you for those slaps later.”

“Please don’t.” Bess returned sharply. “I’m doing most of this against my will and better judgment.”

I nodded. “We’ve spent the limit.” I looked at her fur-framed cleavage and realized I hadn’t gotten her dressed again either. “Let’s make our exit.”

* * *

I moved us back to the first floor.

Passing through cosmetics again I saw them, some sort of promotional display. No accident I was sure. Five women dressed in black with gold lips and nails, gold sandal-strap high heels. A set up, I was being set up. The drug firing my blood hummed with power from the River.

Three of the cosmetic models turned toward us as we walked by. One winked at me.

I orgasmed. Bess kept walking when I stopped. One of the models came over with a tube of gold lipstick.

“Try it?” she smiled.

I orgasmed again. Smiling. The drug and River twined in my blood.

She put the hot gold lipstick tube in my hand. Oh god.

Another model joined her, “Join us, Doris.” She held up a pair of sandal-strap high heels. She leaned close and whispered, “Submit.”

I buzzed. Submit. I felt the River lapping at my cunt. I found myself in an argument sliding down through my head. You aren’t strong enough to be alone, Doris. You’re not a monster. Submit and follow. Submit. You aren’t strong enough. Submit. Corelle will take you back.

It was my own voice.

I couldn’t stop the flow of the River. But could I go back? I saw my hand reach out and take the shoes. I bent down and took off my heels and put on the gold ones. They were so hot.

“Submit.” The two models whispered leaning over me.

I came as I fastened the sandal straps very tight. I moaned as I stood up. Drowning. I felt the stronger flow of the River, tickling me into darkness. It was too late for me now.

Wait. Rush into the fire. Yes. Rush through the fire and out the other side. Possible?

I reached for more of the power. I pulled myself into it. My hips bucked as the River raged into me. I experienced a triplet of orgasms. I pushed hard into the power.

Then I pulled back fast. I bounced, my guts churned.

I broke free. I ached with heat. I shivered with the power soaking me. I touched both models on the face with my fingers, “Stand aside. Go back to what you were doing.”

They smiled secret lust at me and left.

I went looking for Bess.

* * *

Bess was trapped and sinking fast.

I found her surrounded by a gaggle of nine and ten year old girls. They were all wearing leather jackets that had “Cowgirls” written on the backs. They wore white pleated skirts and white and black spotted pantyhose and were giggling and mooing at Bess.

She seemed paralyzed. She stood there wide-eyed and shivering.

Damn, Corelle! How had she so neatly arranged splitting us up and taking us down?! Bess’ hands were shaking as she began to reach for her own breasts.

Shoppers were beginning to turn their heads this way. Looks were only puzzled so far.

I pushed aside a faint squeamish feeling as I stepped up to the girls and pushed energy into them. I found them easy to influence. Their minds were so clean and soft, like fresh bread from the oven so warm and easy to dent with a finger’s pressure. I hoped that if I stopped one or two from their chanting, the others would break off too.

I took two, then stepped around the circle and took two more. I worked against their soft minds and they immediately lost the sense of fun that the game with the lady was prompting. Once I quieted four of them, the others stopped chanting. I belatedly sensed that Corelle had bribed them with the expensive jackets and a sense of wicked fun. Corelle had involved them as a game. She hadn’t touched their minds.

I was the one to do that. I felt like a slimy snake.

I pushed the girls aside roughly and put my arm through Bess’. I tugged her hard, “Let’s go, Bessie.” She stumbled once and caught herself and dumbly followed along after me.

We left the department store wearing shoes, stockings and furs. We passed the mundane shoppers who could only see the pleasant surface of us. Having Bess nude underneath her clothes also gave me some oomph in power from the Little River.

Now we needed to get out of the mall. Shopping was done, the Dance was coming to close.

Bess whispered, “What happened? Where did you go?”

I shook my head, “Later. We are way behind my time schedule and Corelle is ahead on points.”

We moved slowly down the concourse window-shopping and watching for our invisible adversaries. I watched every passing shopper. I scanned eyes and hands first, then looked for groupings of people. I was humming with nerves.

I had always had hunches. One of the reasons I had gone into investigative work was my background. My dad was a cop. His dad had been too. The Connor family was interested in solving things. Corelle said she was sure I had a distant Blood tie to the Dark Gypsy Queen, the Tapestry, who was the only Ancient that could peer at the Hidden of tomorrow or yesterday.

Spooky.

But my hunches were erratic. I was right a lot, but wrong to no scheme I understood in my career as an agent. Even though Corelle didn’t have the Gypsy’s power, she had given me an understanding of the Great River and of myself. So when the hunch flashed, I just acted.

That saved us.

I shoved my arm in front of Bess just before we started across the wet terrazzo flooring. A maintenance man was stripping down the concourse finish near the exit. We could see the exit, but the floor was wet down from where we were to the glass doors out of the mall. The guy running the floor buffer was wearing rubber shoes. Too much water on the floor was the hunch.

I pointed to the heavy-duty extension cord in the wall that was not connected to anything except the slicked floor. A small yellow ‘wet floor’ warning sign almost hid the bare wires taped to the floor.

Bess only said, “Ouch. That’s a two-twenty plug.”

“And that’s the way out.” I stared at the sunshine outside through the doors. I could see the limo pulled up waiting at the curb beyond. We both had on expensive leather heels. I knew leather soles were some insulation, but now that I had stopped, I also had a chance to wonder whether the outlet might be rigged for much higher voltage than normal. I didn’t know what was possible or how elaborately Corelle had prepared.

I wasn’t willing to chance it.

Bess and I hit the obvious answer at the same time and looked at each other, “Rubber shoes!” We both turned around. There was a store not too far behind us.

We took a few steps. I saw trouble over a hundred feet down the concourse. Gray suited with signature eye patch clear at even this distance, Corelle was walking our way with a small group around her. She had warned me that she could enter the Dance herself. The group with her moved along respectfully; it looked like three security people, a blonde that was probably Evelyn and a tiny white-haired figure with long white hair in floor length green robe.

I grabbed Bessie’s arm and stopped her.

White hair. The figure prompted a sharp memory. Hong Kong. A distinctive white-haired figure stood on the veranda of a palace in my mind’s eye. Then minutes later, following Evelyn through a door, shooting down armed figures while a green robed figure with white hair battled hand-to-hand with a white painted nude that would turn out to be Corelle. My heart started pounding. Celestial Fu. The Demon Ancient of Asia that even the other Ancients called the Horror.

No. It had to be a trick. Corelle couldn’t still be influenced by the Horror. No. I slid my hand to my thrall’s neck and touched the River, “Corelle’s coming right at us and that little green one could be the Horror from Hong Kong. Bessie, you’ve got a truckload of resentment for me, right?”

Bess stood still, her eyes narrowed and through my hand I felt her excitement at just seeing the Ancient who had actually bested Corelle, “No. Resentment is too pathetic. I loathe you.”

My heart hammered away. I nodded, “Good. If Corelle and that Asian Bitch Queen take me, you are not to defend me. Wait one minute, then shoot me in the head. If that catches them by surprise, and it should, then kill the Horror if they give you any chance. Eye or mouth, remember?”

Bess smiled, “Of course, Doris.” She rubbed against my hand.

“Keep the gun hidden until the last second.”

She looked annoyed, “Of course. I understand, your death will startle them. I use the surprise to close with Corelle. I hand over the gun. It appears I’ve double-crossed you. You’re dead and not a Ghula. But I have another gun and kill the Asian. I free Corelle of the Horror. A grateful Corelle can train me as an Initiate. Happy ending.”

I kept my hand on her neck, “Fine. Now turn around, we’re walking through the water. I have no intention of dying today.”

Her eyes widened, “No!” But I was ready; I applied pressure to her will. She moaned softly with pleasure.

“Yes. Easy now. Turn around.” I physically guided her back towards the deathtrap. “I’ve got to hope that the Ancient ways will hold for the Horror, too. If we get out of here, we’ve completed the Dance and I’m full Kinspawn. Plus the limo is right outside, there’s a chance we can immediately force Paul to drive us out of here. I’m not waiting even ten seconds to find out what Corelle is doing here with the Horror.”

Even if herding me is exactly what they are trying to do. I will not panic.

Bess shuddered with pleasure poured into her from my hand as we walked forward.

I held my breath. Expensive Italian leather, do your thing. Probably a useless prayer.

I knew I couldn’t do this in the strappy heels I was wearing; another mistake for me in the Dance. Who was directing the moves against me, Corelle or Celestial Fu? It seemed like they had guessed most moves I could take. My toes would wash in the water. Any wash of charged water would cancel the leather insulation under my foot.

But I was close to frenzy with the Horror coming up my ass. I had a desperate idea. Corelle had explained the ‘science’ behind the power of the Ancients and the energy that they manipulated. Most of the energy was electromagnetic. I used that knowledge now to make a leap of faith. I touched the River again hard. I pulled in a lot of power, pushing it down into my legs.

And I hoped I wasn’t about to short-circuit myself into hell.

There was a disturbing buzz as soon as the bottoms of my shoes were wet. It built up as we walked towards the doors. My toes were suddenly wet. My leg muscles spasmed from drops of water kicked up against my calves as we walked evenly forward. I told myself those drops weren’t harmful. Even a small damp splash shouldn’t carry the charge from the standing pool. There was a damn-serious charge in the water, I could sense it. The maintenance man looked surprised that we were calmly walking past him.

So he knew it was supposed to stop us.

Then I felt the charge of current clash with the River inside me as my feet were soaked. Bright spots pounded behind my eyes. My knees shook, my calf muscles vibrated. Bess hissed next to me. Her pumps were leather tops and bottoms. She seemed OK. I felt the two currents fight in my feet and ankles.

My legs were shivering, my labia felt hot. Electric snakes sucked on my toes. My ass cheeks shivered and I felt pussy wetness spattering my thighs. I strode ahead.

I used my jacket elbow to push the metal and glass door open. No point in taking chances, it might be charged as well. The electricity dropped off immediately we when stepped off of the wet floor. Then we were pushing open the outer doors. I dropped the surge contact with the River.

Then we were out. Bess gasped with relief.

But with the Horror behind me, all bets were still off. I rushed Bess towards the limo, scanning the parking lot. Paul started to get out of the car with a huge grin on his face. He didn’t have a weapon; so I just waved him back in. Concern crossed his face and he got back in the limo very fast.

I pulled the door open myself and pushed Bess in. Then I was ducking inside and slamming the door, “Paul, drive—.” I saw Bess pulling a gun out of her purse. “No!” I grabbed it and at the same time I followed her gaze.

Corelle was sitting in the car.

I blinked, stunned. Corelle smiled. “Congratulations.”

I took a deep breath. Bess slid the gun away.

“Have fun? I assume you have receipts?” Corelle asked dryly.

I took another breath. “Evelyn? I saw Evelyn inside playing you? Someone acted Evelyn and then what, an actress in the white hair and green robe?”

Corelle nodded and offered a thin smile. “Yes, of course. I welcome you to the circle of our Blood, Kin sister. Well, Doris, have you thought about your Kin name?”

I felt a strange need to scream with joy. In the face of Corelle’s muted reaction I relaxed and barely grinned, “No, I certainly haven’t. I’m only sure that it won’t be Shopping, Cow, Bait or Toy.”

Bess frowned, “I don’t get to kill anyone. That completely floors me. Happy fucking ending.”

END