The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

In July, 2010, AStrangeGeek hosted the monthly writing contest over at the Mind Control Forum. The theme was quite simple: write a story that features an intelligent, thinking machine (or more than one of them), with mind control powers. What follows is my entry into this contest. Due to its length, I am dividing this story up, and the rest will be published with next week’s update. This is an adult story, with adult situations, and some real ethical dilemmas that are probably best not played out in real life. All of the characters and incidents are fictional, so don’t think that anyone —human or machine—is doing anything even remotely resembling what is portrayed here. This story is my own, so please do not repost it without permission. I welcome commentary and criticism. My e-mail address is .

Psychogynecology

Chapter 1

“Great news! We’ve been approved for clinical tests!!!” Alice held the letter from the Food and Drug Administration out for her colleagues to see.

Karl grabbed the letter out of her hands and scanned it. “This is amazing! After all that work...”

“Yeah,” added Liz. “Who’d ever have thought we’d make it this far?”

“They must’ve liked our research data,” Karl commented. “If this works as well as we hope, we’ll revolutionize the field...”

“And generations of women will be thanking us,” laughed Alice.

“Are there any rules about whether or not we can be test subjects?” asked Liz.

Karl looked at her over his eyeglasses. “I don’t know about any rules, but I wouldn’t want you analyzing anything that could be collected from you as a test subject.”

Alice put her hands on her hips. “And would you really want me and Karl seeing any data we collect about you?”

“I, uh... I... I’ve been working with the two of you for this long. I don’t think I’d mind, ya know?”

“Well, we should check with the dean,” said Karl.

“All right,” said Liz. “Do we want to go over the ad before we submit it to the papers?”

“I don’t think we need to do that again,” remarked Alice.

“Then let’s run it and get everything ready!” said Karl.

“Do you think we’ll be able to get enough test subjects?” asked Liz.

“Here’s hoping,” mused Karl. “Here’s hoping.”

Chapter 2

“That’s quite a line we’ve got outside the lab!” Liz remarked to Alice as she arrived at work three days later.

“The ad ran in this morning’s paper.”

“I kinda guessed that,” Liz laughed, and added, after a pause, “Karl here yet?”

“Yeah. He just went down to get some coffee.”

“We’re going to need it. How long’ve they been waiting out there?”

“The first girl got here about an hour ago.”

“And we’ve gotten that many this quick?”

“Yup!”

“How long should we keep them waiting?”

“Karl and I’ve gotten everything all set up, so let’s just wait ‘til he gets back.”

“Fair enough. Do you mind if I tell them we’ll start letting them in soon?”

“Be my guest.”

Liz walked over to the door and swung it wide open. “We’re going to start letting people in in a few minutes,” she called out to everyone. “Over here on this table, we have some forms for you to fill out so that we can know who you are and determine your eligibility for participation in this study.”

A few people closer to the end of the line stepped over towards the table and picked up their copies of the form before returning to their place in line.

As Liz walked back into the lab, Karl smiled at her. “And you were worried that we might not get enough subjects.” He handed her a cup of coffee. “You like yours with cream but no sugar, right?”

“You know me better than my last two boyfriends combined.” Liz sipped her coffee.

“Shall I start letting them in?” Alice asked.

Karl said, “Go for it.”

Alice walked to the door and swung it wide open. “All right everyone! We’re going to start bringing people in now. Thank you all for your patience; we’ll get you all set up as quickly as we can.” She approached the first person standing in line.

Alice took the girl’s form and skimmed it. “All right, Miss Stein...”

“Please, call me Kelly.”

“All right, Kelly. Would you please follow me?”

The two of them walked into the lab; Kelly strode with a barely-concealed nervous manner as she trailed slightly behind Alice.

Soon, they reached a small room where Liz and Karl both waited.

“Would you mind please getting up on this exam table?” Alice gestured towards the table.

Kelly quickly climbed up.

“All right, Kelly. Let me tell you a little bit about what we’re doing here. I’m Doctor Alice Vinson, and these are my colleagues, Doctor and Karl Weingarten and Liz Sandstrom, our IT guru.”

Liz and Karl waved to her but stayed back.

“A few years ago, the Karl and I were doing some experiments involving nanotechnology and found that we could create tiny robots that are capable of doing all sorts of things that, we feel, can and will revolutionize the field of gynecology. So we asked for help from our computer science program and Liz, who’s now a grad student here, joined our group. Our ‘bots, as we call them, are capable of performing all sorts of measurements of the conditions within your vagina. Among other things, it will completely eliminate the need for a pap smear, and it can also serve as an amazingly early detection process for both cervical and uterine cancer, as well as more benign conditions such as a yeast infection or pelvic inflammatory disease. It can even measure where you are in your cycle and it will know if you’re pregnant within twelve hours after you conceive.”

“Wow! That’s, like, really cool!” Kelly giggled.

“We think so. So what we’d like to do is insert some nanobots into your vagina. They will then begin transmitting data back to our computer and you will be assigned a number within our system that equates you to the nanobots we give you. All data we collect will be anonymous and linked to an ID number that’s unique to you. No one except the three of us will have access to any personal information for people involved in this test. If the ‘bots should discover a health problem, we’ll use your ID number to contact you.”

“I see...”

Liz stepped forward. “So what we’re looking to test, of course, is first and foremost, that the data we collect is accurate. Beyond that, we would like to know how far away you can be from us, in order for the nanobots to be able to transmit data to us. We believe that all you need is to be within range of a cell phone network and we’ll be able to get the data we’re looking for, but we’d like to be sure. And, of course, we want to make sure that neither the initiation process nor the data gathering process will have any adverse side-effects. So we’re going to want you to tell us anything that might be out of the ordinary for you. Anything whatsoever. Can you do that?”

“Yes.”

Alice looked over the form Kelly had filled out. “All of your paperwork seems to be in order. Do you have any questions?”

“Um, actually. How do you, um, insert the ‘bots?”

“With this.” Liz picked up what looked like an ordinary speculum and held it up for Kelly to see. “This is the way we deliver the ‘bots into your vagina. We believe it won’t feel much different from the sensation—if you feel it in the first place, that is—when your partner ejaculates, but that’s something we’ll want to know for certain.”

Kelly looked away from the doctors, blushing slightly. In a low tone, she said, “I didn’t really understand what the optional phase 2 of the test involves. Could you explain it?”

“Sure,” smiled Liz. “We’re working on two additional programs that the ‘bots can run. Phase 2—if you choose to participate—would involve installing either or both of them on your ‘bots. The first program will suppress ovulation, and the second program will make it easier for you to become sexually aroused. We’re calling that one a kind of a female version of Viagra.”

Kelly nodded her head and smiled. “Oh. All right. Do I need to make a decision about phase 2 now?”

“Only if you’re comfortable with it. You can decide when it’s ready to be kicked off.”

“All right.”

After a brief silence, Karl said, “Well, if you don’t have any more questions, would you like us to leave you alone while you get ready for the procedure?”

“Yes, please.”

Karl nodded at Liz and Alice and all three of them left the room.

* * *

Alice brought in the second test subject while Kelly got undressed. “All right, Cheryl, let me explain the nature of this test.”

* * *

When the three doctors returned to Kelly’s room, her feet were already in the stirrups of the exam table.

Alice picked up the speculum and showed it to Kelly. “Now if you’ll just relax, I’m going to inject the ‘bots into you.”

Kelly squirmed slightly as the speculum came closer to her sex.

“Just calm down, Kelly,” said Liz, rubbing the patient’s hand.

Kelly took a deep breath as Alice lowered the speculum between her legs.

“Is everything all right?”

“Yeah,” Kelly said, softly.

“All right. We’re ready. I’m going to count to three and then I’ll release the ‘bots. One.... Two.... Three!”

Kelly gasped as she felt the computer-imbued liquid enter into her.

“Is everything all right?” asked Karl.

“Yes. It’s ... it’s just ... cold. I’m ... I guess I ... I didn’t expect it ... so cold... I’m ... I’m fine.”

“All right. Why don’t you just rest here for now. Just relax. I’m going to fire up the computer and see how long it takes for the first readings to come in.”

A small keyboard and monitor were attached to a much larger computer server system. The arrangement of drives on the server system gave the computer the look of a small animal sitting on a shelf. The machine gave a slight ‘whirring’ noise before the monitor went on.

“Check that out,” said Liz. “It’s already starting to transmit body temperature, pH levels, endometrium thickness... And that’s a nice touch right there. Kelly, if you were to have unprotected sex right now, there’s a 18.2% chance that you’d become pregnant. 18.1%. 18%. Looks like you’re near the end of your fertile period in your current cycle.”

“Wow! This is so cool!” commented Kelly, who had finally decided it was safe to sit up and looked at the computer screen herself. “So, overall, am I healthy?”

“Looks like it,” remarked Alice.

“We’d like you to come back in next week to make sure everything’s settled nicely,” added Karl.

“Please. Take this sheet,” said Liz, handing her a piece of paper. “This is our lab phone number and emergency contact numbers for all of us here. If anything seems or feels wrong to you, please, don’t hesitate to call us.”

“Thank you,” sighed Kelly, taking the paper and stuffing it into her purse.

“We’ll leave you alone while you get dressed,” said Karl, who stepped out of the examination room, closely followed by Liz and Alice.

Kelly put her clothes back on and stared at the computer screen with all of her data for a short while before leaving the examination room. As she walked down the hall, she could hear Alice explaining the procedure to the next girl in line. She smiled as she thought about how they should have no trouble finding test subjects. With any luck, this process would become the norm in gynecologists’ offices around the country.

Chapter 3

By the end of the first day, the three researchers had injected the ‘bots into 628 willing test subjects, which was significantly more than they had anticipated during the life of the experiment. Fifteen girls who had lined up for testing had decided they didn’t want some computer floating around in their body, and another 26 were turned away because they either knew they were pregnant or suspected they might be. With such a new procedure, none of the researchers wanted to take a chance that could hurt an unborn child.

Not including than the 26 women who had been turned away, there were no volunteers for the study who were pregnant, although two had syphilis and another thirteen had chlamydia. None knew that she had been infected and all were grateful for learning the truth. Liz laughed. “I think there might be a few boyfriends out there who have some explaining to do.”

Over the course of the next three days, they had similar turnout rates, to the point that, once the research project had reached 2000 participants (by lunchtime on the fourth day), Alice, Karl, and Liz had to stop accepting test subjects. “We don’t want to run out of nanobots,” explained Karl as he broke the news to the girls who were still standing in line.

The three researchers discussed their progress over lunch in the cafeteria. Alice looked at Liz, “I guess you’re not going to need to be a test subject after all.”

Liz looked down at her tray, took a sip of water, and quietly said, “Yeah.”

After a short pause, Karl asked, “Any idea when we want to start phase 2? I’m sure that not all of our subjects are going to want to take part in it, and that’s fine on its own.”

Liz smiled. “The coding’s nearly complete. Just a couple of minor changes to what we did for the rats, and we’ll be good. Now that we’re not injecting ‘bots into anyone any more, I think I can have it done within a day or two.”

Alice furled her brow. “Maybe in a couple of weeks? I want to make sure everyone who’s got the ‘bots from phase 1 is all right before we activate phase 2 programming..”

“Seems reasonable. Let’s get as many people in as we can, first, to ask about their general experience,” added Liz.

“Of course!” said Karl. “Although I am wondering about our having the resources to process all of this data. Maybe we should hire some more people?”

“No can do,” said Alice. “The only reason the university even agreed to support this project is because we agreed it’d only be the three of us.”

“You don’t think it might be worth it to ask them to reconsider?”

“Too risky. I’m exhausted and I’m sure you two are too, but they’d eat us for breakfast if we even asked.”

Liz sighed.

“Then let’s start calling subjects back in for an overall assessment thus far,” suggested Karl. “Any complaints or anything?”

Liz started to flip through the pages of a legal pad. “Have we gotten all of the test subjects into our database?”

“All but the ones from the last couple of hours.”

“Let’s get ‘em into the database first,” suggested Alice. “Then we can call them up, get their thoughts about everything we’re doing now before we start the second phase. And, of course, find out of they’re interested in phase 2.”

“Has anyone already said they are??” asked Alice.

“More than I would’ve expected at this point.” said Liz, matter-of-factly. “As of last night we were running at about two of every five subjects saying yes, another fifth saying no, and the rest undecided. We can get exact numbers once the database is completely built.”

Karl looked at Liz over his glasses. “If you were a test subject, would you want to be part of phase 2?”

Liz nodded and crossed her hands in front of her chest. “I don’t want to break up with someone again the same way, or for the same reasons, as my last boyfriend.”

Alice opened her mouth to speak but said nothing.

The three of them finished their lunch, bemoaning the lack of funding for what turned out to be a much more popular experiment than any of them had actually anticipated.

Chapter 4

By the time the three of them finished updating the database for the latest participants, it was nearly 3:30 pm.

Karl looked at his watch. “What do you think? Is it too late to call anyone now and interview them?”

“Probably not too late, but we shouldn’t bank on getting too many interviews today,” said Alice.

Liz sorted the participant database and quickly gave a breakdown of what they knew about phase 2 participation. “All right. Of 2000 participants, we’ve got 487 who definitely don’t want to be part of phase 2, another 831 who do, and the remaining 682 haven’t given us an answer. Do we even want to ask if the 487 want to change their minds?”

“Ask if they want to change their minds? No.” answered Alice, who smiled when she saw Karl nodding his head in agreement. “But we should always confirm their wishes, regardless of what they said.”

“All right,” said Liz. “Let’s make a few phone calls, starting with the 487. I’ll call Lydia Anderson. Alice, why don’t you take Julie Axelrod, and Karl, here’s the contact info for Ashley Buxton.”

The three of them took their respective subjects’ contact information, and moved off into separate corners of the lab, ensuring that their phone calls wouldn’t be overheard or otherwise bothersome to the other two.

“Hi, Lydia! This is Liz Sandstrom from the experiment you volunteered for. Yup. That’s right. With the ‘bots. And I was wondering if you had any thoughts about anything thus far...”

“Hi, Liz,” said Lydia jovially into her cell phone. “Actually, I do have a couple of questions for you. I don’t think it’s anything major or that there’s any real problems, but I did want to mention a couple of things to you.”

Liz grabbed her pen and notepad and smiled. “All right, Lydia. What’s up?”

“Well, first and foremost, I had ... some, uh, spotting for about a day after you implanted the ‘bots. It wasn’t uncomfortable or painful but I didn’t quite expect that.”

“Oh! I guess that ... that could happen. It only lasted a day, you said?”

“Not even. I was fine by the time I woke up the next morning.”

“That’s really important to know. Anything else?”

“Yeah. I don’t know if it’s related or not, but my nipples have been feeling a little ... sensitive. This only just started last night.”

“I’ll make a note of it. Let me know if things change about that. Fair enough?”

“Sure.”

“Do you mind if I ask, have you had sex since we implanted the ‘bots?”

“I, um, I don’t have a boyfriend so...”

“Gotcha. Have you masturbated?”

“I’ve been too afraid to. You know, since the spotting.”

“That’s all right. Have you seen any change in your libido?”

“No. Not really.”

“That’s a good thing. I just have one more question for you. Our records say you’re not interested in participating in the next phase of our experiment, is that correct?”

“You mean where you actually change the programming of your nanobots to do more than just collect data?”

“Right.”

“Yes. I’m not interested in that. I don’t think I need it right now.”

“That’s fine.”

“Do you have any questions for me?”

“The spotting made me think a little bit. When I do have my period, should I use pads or tampons?”

“Either should be fine, but if you’re that concerned with things, you might feel better using pads for your own sanity.”

“Makes sense. Thank you, doctor.”

“You’re welcome. You have my number in case you’ve got any real problems, I take it?”

“Yes.”

“All right. Take it easy, and again, feel free to call me with any concerns. We’ll be in touch when we want you to come in again.”

“Thanks. Take care.”

Liz went back into the main hall of the lab, where Alice was waiting. “Yours report anything?”

“Spotting, mainly. And she was too afraid to touch herself.”

“Same here. Mine said her nipples were starting to get sensitive, too.”

Karl joined the two of them. “Looks like Miss Buxton wants to participate in phase 2 after all. She said she wants the ovulation suppression, but not the viagra.”

“I’ll make a note of it in the database,” said Liz as she walked to the computer.

Karl nodded. “Either of yours actually have sex since the implantation?”

“No,” both women said at the same time.

“I’m curious to know how, if at all, sex is different for them.”

“I don’t want to sound sarcastic when I say this,” commented Liz, “But we might have better luck with the girls who are part of phase 2.”

“You may be right,” said Karl.

The three of them each made a few more phone calls to similar responses before they decided they were done collecting data for the day.

Alice stretched with a yawn and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“See you tomorrow,” said Karl.

“I’ll shut everything down,” said Liz. “You guys take it easy.”

“Thanks,” said Alice, as she and Karl left the lab.

Once her colleagues were gone, Liz searched the database for “Jane Doe” to the roster of participants. Jane Doe only had a cell phone number for a contact, didn’t have an e-mail address, and was willing to participate in phase 2. As she eyeballed Jane Doe’s entry, she whispered, “Good thing I’ve got two cells.”

She then walked over to her desk, unlocked the drawers, and retrieved a tampon applicator. She lifted her skirt, lowered her panties, and lifted one foot to her chair. “Here’s hoping this works as well as the speculum.”

She shivered from the coldness of what she had just injected into herself, but smiled as Jane Doe’s ID number automatically populated in her database entry. She switched to the monitoring application and watched as her statistics appeared on the computer monitor for the ‘bot readings.

She turned around to make sure she was alone before she said, to the computer, “NOW there’s 2000 test subjects. Good thing Alice and Karl didn’t check the database too closely...”

Chapter 5

Over the course of the next four days, Alice, Karl, and Liz attempted first contact with all of the participants in their experiments. The overwhelming majority of participants had reported some spotting, so they all agreed to include this in the report for potential side-effects.

Less straightforward was the impact on sexual activity. Of the 326 participants who had engaged in sexual activity at least once since the implantation of the ‘bots, 51 reported no discernible difference, 142 reported that they had an easier time achieving an orgasm, and the remaining 133 reported more difficulty in achieving an orgasm.

“I wonder if there’s any correlation in these girls’ minds,” mused Alice, “as to whether or not they think this experiment— specifically phase 2—will work, and the relative ease or difficulty they had in achieving an orgasm.”

“It’s certainly possible,” Karl responded. “The only thing is, I’d believe that someone who believes the experiment’ll work, could either have had an easier or harder time achieving orgasm.”

“And that’s not even factoring in variances unrelated to the ‘bots themselves,” added Liz.

“Right,” said Karl. “We should include these numbers in our report but, at least based on what we know right now, we should make it clear that these numbers have no statistical or experimental relevance other than to gauge the rate of test subject sexual activity in the ten days following implantation.”

“So when’ll the first subjects participating in phase 2 get here?” asked Liz.

Alice glanced at her watch. “It’s 11:30 right now. After lunch. Around about 1 pm., and they’ll show up every ten minutes for the rest of the day.”

The three of them reviewed the process for activating phase 2 in installed ‘bots and left for lunch.

* * *

By the time they returned from lunch, their first appointment was waiting for them.

“Kelly!” said Liz. “You’re early.”

“Yeah, I know,” responded Kelly, sheepishly. “But I wanted to ... you know ... talk a little bit about what I can expect. I was hoping you’d take me a little early.”

“Sure. Why don’t you come in and sit down?” Liz glanced at her colleagues who nodded their heads in a wordless recognition of a request to stay, just in case any questions got too hard.

The four of them walked into the lab and Kelly sat on the examination table. “What’s on your mind, Kelly?” asked Liz.

“Well, it’s about this second phase. I was just wondering how you do it... I mean...”

“I think I understand. Let me know if this answers your questions. The ‘bots we implanted in you have some programming in them that we need to turn on. There are two separate programs and were actually designed to be completely independent of one another. That’s how and why we were able to poll you about whether you wanted to suppress ovulation, improve your sex drive, or both.”

“Yes, but how does it work?”

“Well, suppressing ovulation’s the easy one. Just like with the pill and similar contraceptives, we simply trick your body into thinking it’s pregnant by regulating your hormones in a different way. Of course, if you happen to have a mature egg cell that has been released into your fallopian tubes when we turn on that program, we won’t be able to guarantee you that that one can’t be fertilized, but after that... You’re golden until you tell us to turn the program off. Right now, you’ll keep having your period every month—again, just like with the pill, but we’re talking about modifying it so that you don’t have it every month. But that’s all it is right now: talk.”

“So what about the improvement of my sex drive. How does that work? That’s the one I was more curious about anyway.”

“Well, you see, Kelly,” started Liz. “You have to understand that this one—it’s not even a given that when we actually roll this out to the general public that this one will even be allowed.”

“Why’s that?”

“Because it raises a ton of ethical questions that we’re not certain of the answer to. At least for now, we’ve gotten approval to see if it works the way we’d expect, before we get into the question of whether we should.”

“I don’t understand...”

Karl spoke up. “Maybe it would help if we put it in a different perspective. Have you ever heard anyone say that humans, dolphins, and bonobo monkeys are the only animals that have sexual intercourse for pleasure?”

“I’ve heard humans and dolphins, but I’m not sure about the b-ban-”

“Bonobo monkeys,” Karl said kindly. “Let me ask you something. Do you think that’s true?”

“I don’t know what to think. When I was a little girl, my family had a dog. She was great; she was fixed when she was a puppy. But I remember one time she saw a bicycle inner tube: the dog grabbed it, held it tight with her front paws and threaded it between her back legs. Here was a dog that was fixed, who probably never had sex of any kind at all, getting off on a bicycle tire. I think I saw her try to hump a throw pillow on the couch.”

Karl laughed. “That’s a good story. And there’s no shortage of people who’ve worked in animal husbandry who could also tell you that throughout the animal kingdom, yes, many, if not most, animals derive some kind of pleasure sexual activity. Personally, I wonder if eagles and hawks enjoy it. Did you know that the male and female fly at each other in mid-air, and then fall towards the ground as they’re mating, only to break apart at the last minute and save themselves from crashing into the ground?”

“That’s got to be short but intense!” remarked Kelly.

“That’s what I think too. Anyway, to get back to my original question, humans, dolphins, and bonobos are the only animals that actually have sex for pleasure. This isn’t about deriving pleasure from sex, but instead having sex for a reason other than procreation.”

Kelly cocked her head to one side. “How would we know that?”

“Let me ask you something, if you don’t mind. I’m not trying to insinuate that you don’t use any form of contraception, but if you didn’t, would you know—before you started having sex—whether or not you’d get pregnant?”

“No. I don’t think so. I mean the risk is always there, but I don’t think I’d know that I’d get pregnant just because I was having sex.”

“Exactly. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that your partner wouldn’t necessarily know either. His ability to perform isn’t dependent upon the likelihood of conception either, right?”

“Um. Yeah. That’s ... an understatement.”

“In most of the animal kingdom, at a bare-bones minimum, the female only wants to have sex when she’s in heat and can produce offspring. With a lot of animals, the male can pick up on this fact, too, and will go a little bit crazy to get ... um, some of the action, so to speak.”

“But humans, dolphins and, um... what’re they called again?”

“Bonobos. If it’ll help you remember them, do a search on Google or YouTube when you have the chance and look for phrases like monkey love or monkeys mating. You’ll see some surprising similarities to humans.”

“Right. I guess dolphins and bonobos don’t give off any signs that they’re in heat?”

“Nope. And that’s where our discussion began. Because, although humans can have sex for pleasure, it’s not always a given that both parties will actually derive pleasure from it, and we talked about what we could do to, well, fix that problem. It all started with Viagra. When they came out with that, and found it worked so well with men, everyone wanted to know what could be done for women.”

“That’s where I came into this project,” smiled Liz. “Apparently Karl and Alice decided that the solution wasn’t pharmaceutical, but rather technological. They’re the physiology experts. My thing is computers and some artificial intelligence.”

“Right,” added Alice. “So the three of us sat down and started talking about things. We came up with three possibilities, and this is where we need some serious discussion behind the ethics of the matter before this is ready for public consumption. Let’s start with the possibility we didn’t want to try, and I think it’ll be obvious when you hear why.”

Karl smiled. “The first option was to make a human female more like her animal counterparts. Have the ‘bots recognize when she’s fertile and manipulate her arousal level accordingly. It was pretty obvious we had to reject this option.”

Kelly nodded her head. “I kind of like being able to have sex and have the possibility of not getting pregnant.”

Liz added, “And besides, that would probably be rendered useless if we were suppressing ovulation at the same time.”

After a short pause, Karl continued. “The second option is to have the ‘bots be sensitive to the arousal levels of other people in reasonably close proximity. Just like how a lot of guys can become aroused simply by seeing a naked woman, why not try something somewhat close to the same thing for women?”

Alice looked over her glasses and said, “This option had a lot of problems with it. One of them was quite dangerous, if you think about it. What would happen if someone about to be raped suddenly became very aroused by the arousal of her attacker?”

Kelly shuddered.

“Somewhat more innocent but equally undesirable—from the standpoint of the usage of our system—is the situation where you just happen to be standing near someone who, for whatever reason, gets aroused. It just wouldn’t be right to arouse you like that when you don’t even know where it comes from or why.”

“Or, for that matter,” continued Liz, “whether he’d even want to act on it.”

“So we decided,” Karl said, “that the best bet was to tie arousal to a willingness on the part of the woman to have sex, and basically fix those situations where, as the saying goes, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.”

“Which is more or less what Viagra does for men anyway,” said Alice.

“So why might that be unethical?” asked Kelly.

“Because that requires giving a computer with a degree of artificial intelligence access to your brain waves. It’s the stuff of campy science fiction movies and horror movies when a thinking robot takes over the planet and enslaves us all. While that really can’t happen, it doesn’t alter the fact that if something could go wrong, who knows what the implications of that would be?”

“But that’s part of what I’m here for, right?” asked Kelly.

“Exactly!”

“So how does this work, exactly?”

“Well, all you really need to do,” smiled Liz, “once we activate your ‘bots, is think about having sex and the ‘bots will sense that and stimulate you, both physically and hormonally. What I’ll want you to keep in mind is how well it works, whether it’s too sudden or too gradual, and how it impacted on your overall outlook. Also let us know how this impacts on your overall sexual experience. You might want to try masturbation first before you get with a partner, but that’s entirely up to you. Can you do that for us?”

“Um, sure.”

“Great! Are you ready for us to activate the phase 2 programming in your ‘bots?”

“I, uh, I guess so.”

“All right. You don’t need to get undressed for this one. Let me look up your patient ID. Got it. Now let me key it into the bot server. All right. When I push this button, your bots will activate. I’m going to count to three. One. Two. Three!”

Kelly instinctively winced.

“Are you all right?” asked Alice.

“Fine. I thought you were going to do something.”

“I am,” said Liz. “And the ‘bots’ll be completely activated in less than ten seconds.” She paused for a moment. “Looks like they’re activated. Do you feel any different?”

“No. Not at all...”

“Just for a quick test, why don’t you think about sex?”

Kelly closed her eyes and let out a gasp, her legs instinctively spreading slightly. “Whoa!”

“I’d say that worked pretty well.”

“Would you guys, um, excuse me? I, uh... I’d like to go find my boyfriend.” Kelly quickly jumped off of the exam table and ran out of the room.

As she heard the sound of the main entrance into the lab closing, Alice looked at Liz and laughed. “You might want to soften that a little bit.”

Chapter 6

When Liz saw Kelly’s initial reaction to the activation of the ‘bots, she decided to hold off on activating her own ‘bots until after they had seen a few more test subjects.

As they activated the ‘bots in other test subjects over the course of the rest of the week, the research team found that some girls had responses that were similar to the one exhibited by Kelly, while others were more subdued, some of whom barely reacted at all.

“Why do you suppose some girls barely reacted at all to the initial activation of the ‘bots and others practically broke the door down to get out of here and find some satisfaction?” Karl asked his colleagues.

“That’s a good question,” said Alice. “Is it safe to assume we’ve recorded something about the initial reaction to activation within our database?”

“Yes,” said Liz. “I’m looking at the data now.”

“Any trends?”

“The first thing that jumps out at me is that the girls who, on the initial app, said they somewhat or very dissatisfied with their sex life, seemed to have reacted more, um, dramatically, to the activation.”

“So could we be seeing some, uh, manifestation of repressed urges coming to the forefront?” asked Alice.

“I don’t think we can rule it out. We need some more data. Does this mean we might see some kind of moderation in their reactions as their satisfaction improves?” asked Karl.

“That’s probably what’d happen if there’s a correlation,” mused Alice.

The sounds of the conversation between Alice and Karl turned into an unintelligible hum to Liz, as she thought of her dissatisfaction with her sex life. She closed her eyes and started to ponder the best way of activating her own ‘bots. Should she bring a dildo into the lab? Maybe find some random guy and have him be with her when she activated the ‘bots? The possibilities were endless and here, she thought, is where she would finally rid herself of the demons left behind from her last relationship.

“Of course,” Liz said, picking up on a pause in the conversation between her colleagues, “We’re also dealing with an extremely subjective question about how satisfied the respondents are with their own sex lives. Someone could go months without a single orgasm but they might be completely satisfied and someone could be dissatisfied with her sex life simply because she’s only having one orgasm a day.”

“This is true,” said Karl. “And it’s actually something that crosses gender and orientation lines. I don’t care, male, female, straight, gay, whatever; at its heart, there is an extent to which a ‘satisfying’ sex life is a function of what the person him- or herself does and an extent to which it’s a function of what their partner does.” He made finger quote marks as he spoke the word “satisfying”.

“Do you think that’s something different for men and for women?” asked Alice, half-mockingly.

“I think it’s something different for each individual. And I’ll bet it varies over that person’s lifetime. I mean I know I was a lot more selfish, sexually, when I was a teenager and in my early 20’s.”

Liz yawned and said, “I’m sure your wife appreciates that now, Karl.”

“Tired?” asked Alice.

“I guess. A little.” She glanced at her watch. “We probably should be heading out soon anyway. You guys got any plans for the weekend?”

“Not really,” said Alice. “But we’d probably all be well-served to take a couple of days away from the lab, for our own sanity.”

Karl nodded. “Yeah.”

The three of them headed towards the door. Once out of the lab, Liz took out her keys and locked the doors behind them. The three of them continued to the parking lot and, as Liz watched Karl and Alice disappear into their respective cars, she smiled and thought that she’d be well-served to activate the ovulation suppression now. “I’ll come back for the other activation later on,” she said out loud to her reflection in her own rear-view mirror.

Chapter 7

Liz paced around in her apartment for about an hour after she activated the ovulation suppression program in the ‘bots she had injected into herself.

When she started to get hungry, she went into her freezer, took out a frozen dinner, and cooked it in her microwave. She looked down to see her cat, rubbing against her ankle, and purring softly. She knelt down to scratch him behind the ears. “You hungry, Cosmo?”

The cat cocked his head, stared at her with his wide, inquisitive eyes, and meowed.

“I guess you can have a little bit more, seeing as how much I’ve been gone lately.....” Her voice trailed off as she spooned some wet cat food into his bowl.

“Cosmo. Yes, Cosmo! That’s it! I know how I can get the courage to turn on the arousal programming for the ‘bots! I’m going to get some liquid courage!”

She sat down and quickly gobbled up her frozen dinner. Once she had finished eating, she washed her face and raced down to the local nightclub.

Once she was inside the club, she glanced around and decided to sit down in an empty seat near the bar. The bartender walked up to her and smiled. “What can I get you?”

“A, um, a cosmo, a please. Tonight’s a night to celebrate!”

“Whatcha celebratin’?” the bartender asked, politely.

“A couple of colleagues and I kicked off an experiment that’s showing some really promising signs and, well, let’s just say that it’ll probably revolutionize the way things are done.”

“Well congratulations!” He smiled as he set the large cone-shaped glass down on a coaster in front of her.

A guy sitting near her moved closer to her. “Liz? Liz Sandstrom? Is that you?”

She turned her head and saw an old friend from one of her undergrad Artificial Intelligence classes smiling at her.

“Jake? Shit! How’ve you been?”

“Good. Pretty good. If what you just said to the bartender here’s any indication, not as good as you, but I’m all right. What kind of experiment’re you conducting?”

“Well, it’s not really my experiment, if you know what I mean. My colleagues brought me in for my programming and AI background. They did all of the theoretical stuff. I just added the programming to help them get it done.”

“Good answer, but you still haven’t told me what you’re doing...”

Liz thought about how Jake was one of the guys who seemed completely unaware that all of the girls around him secretly drooled over his physique. She let out a slight giggle. “Let’s just say it’s ... medicine.”

“All right. You can color me fascinated. Having an AI do something that is done today by way of traditional medicine... I can only imagine the applications. Is it surgery?”

Liz shook her head, flirtatiously.

“Fighting disease?”

Liz took a drink before crossing her arms in front of her chest and giggling, “Not tellin’.”

“You know, Liz, you’re starting to remind me of a girl I dated, like, ages ago. Her name was Liz, too, and she was ... Let’s just say that she was cold-blooded, kind of like a lizard.”

“Buy me another drink, Jake, and maybe things’ll start to get hot around here...”

Jake turned on his bar stool and raised his hand to the bartender.

“What can I do for you, my friend?” asked the bartender, jovially.

“How about another cosmo to this lovely lady to my right?”

The bartender looked at Liz, who nodded her head vigorously as she finished off her first drink.

Jake leaned in closer to Liz. “Will you tell me about your little experiment now?”

“Maybe I should...” She paused to hiccup silently. “Maybe it’s better to show you than to tell you.”

“That’s fair,” said Jake as he took a swig of his beer. “Can you tell me anything about your AI in the meantime?”

“Why do you want to know?” Liz started to giggle.

“Oh, it’s just,” he he said with a mock flourish, “I’d like to know what you learned from Professor Timonen’s class, and, well, you know... see if there’s anything you could ... teach me. Do you think you could ... let me have a peek?”

Liz said nothing but giggled louder. Once she caught her breath, she took a large gulp from her drink and said, “Let’s finish these drinks and head back to my lab.”

“Sounds good to me,” said Jake. “I, um.. I’m not sure you’re safe to drive, so if you’ll tell me where to go, I’ll take you there.”

“Let’s go back to the university; I’ll take you up to my lab in the biology department.”

“I can’t wait...” said Jake as he finished his own drink.

Chapter 8

The somewhat tipsy Liz rode quietly in Jake’s car back to campus, although she was bouncing slightly in her seat in excitement. They walked to the lab and she fumbled with her keys before she got the door open. She put her finger to her mouth and said, “Shhhh!” before escorting him inside to the computer room. “I’m sest tubject number two thoushand.”

“You’re a test subject in your own experiment?”

“Not fully, no...” She giggled. “That’sh why you’re here. Let me... Let me boot up the computer sho hang on a ... shecond.”

The two of them walked into the computer room where she hit a few keys and logged in to the main system. She slowly keyed the number 2000 into a field marked ‘locate’ and hit return. Instantly, the computer screen displayed all of her then-current vital numbers.

“What’s this all about?”

Liz hiccuped and said, “There’s ... you see, I put these ‘bots in my twat and...” She burst out laughing at the sound of that phrase.

He smiled and nodded his head, placing his hand on her shoulder to get her to calm down.

“Right now,” she continued, “the twat bots are taking readingsh of all of my vital ... you know, down there. And they’re also shuppressing my ova- ovul-, er... no eggsh’ll be moving through my tubesh tonight. See that? I’ve got a less than ten pershent chance of getting pregnant tonight.”

He nodded his head.

“Now all I have to do is push thish button here, and the bots will have a direct line from my brain. And what that’ll do is, well, if I think of shex after I push thish button, it’sh shupposed to turn me on, if you know what I mean. So if it does, I’d like you to be there to help me shcratch my itch...”

“They say the brain is the biggest sex organ in the body,” he said, trying not to sound too skeptical. He wondered if this was the only reason why she had acted the way she did back at the bar. Did she see him as little more than a vessel for her own sexual needs? If so, was that how she felt for him three years earlier in AI class? If so, why didn’t she ever say anything? Those were certainly questions for later. For now, he figured, it’d be in his best interest just to play along. Besides, who knows what other opportunities might present themselves to him?

“Should I push thish button?”

He faked the appearance of deliberation over whether he wanted her to do this before he finally smiled and said, “Sure....”

With a flourish, she raised her hand and then brought it down onto the button on her computer mouse, the pointer of which hovered above a button that said, “Deploy.”

After she clicked on the mouse button, there was a slight beeping noise followed by complete silence.

“What happened?” asked Jake when he broke the silence.

“Nothing. I, um... I didn’t feel a thing. But I’m feeling less, um, drunk than I did a few minutes ago.”

“Is that a good or a bad thing?”

“Probably a good thing. I’m thinking it means I didn’t accidentally activate someone else’s bots...”

“What happens now?”

“Well, if I think about sex, I should get ...” She gasped and started panting. “Really ... fucking ... horny!”

She turned towards him; his immediate reaction was one of disbelief and shock at the wild look in her eyes.

“Are, um, you all right?” He asked, tentatively.

“I’ll be better once we’re both out of these clothes,” she answered seductively as she practically ripped off her blouse.

“This... How is this happening?”

Stretching her blouse between her two hands, she walked up to him, raising her blouse over his head so that it rested behind his neck and over his shoulders, not unlike a scarf. “Shut up and kiss me,” she said as she used her blouse to pull him closer to her.

“Are you s—” His words were stifled by her aggressive kiss.

As their lips came together, she dropped her blouse and immediately brought her hands down to his crotch. When she felt that he wasn’t as hard as she wanted him to be, she began to tease, massage, and play with his cock through the fabric of his pants. He did little more than grab her shoulders in case he felt the need to push her away.

She finally broke the lip-lock she had started and they both gasped for air. She reached behind herself and unclasped her bra, lowering it quickly but seductively. “Do you like what you see?”

He nodded his head yes.

“So tell me, baby. Where do you want me?” She stepped forward and began to unfasten his belt. His pants quickly fell down to his ankles.

When he didn’t answer, she walked him into the examination room, kicked off her skirt and panties, and got up onto the table. “Now come here and let me take off your shirt.”

Without unbuttoning his shirt, she lifted it over his head and threw it across the room. “There. Now that we’re both naked, isn’t that a whole lot better?”

He stared down at her breasts, her nipples pointing painfully out at him.

Seeing this, she smiled. “Would you like to play with them? Go ahead. That’s what they’re there for.”

He started to rub his fingers gently over her nipples and she let out a low moan of pleasure. “You can be rougher than that, you know.”

He stopped, sighed deeply, and said, “I know what I’m doing.”

“Yes. You’re making me even hornier.”

“Is that possible?”

“Fuck you!”

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?”

Before she could say anything or respond to his verbal teasing, he lowered his mouth to her breast and began sucking aggressively. In response to his actions, she could do little more than writhe and moan in pleasure.

When he raised his head to breathe in some more air, she quickly adjusted herself on the examination table, raising her feet into the stirrups.

He looked down at her and smiled. “You know what?”

She sat up slightly and scowled. “What?”

“I’m not gonna actually fuck you until you’ve had an orgasm.”

“Ooooooh! I like th—oh! Oooooh!” Her train of thought was broken as he lowered his face into her throbbing, moist pussy and began to suck, nibble, tease and lick with varying degrees of intensity.

She began to thrash around on the table, unsure of what to do with her legs, she kept moving them into and out of the stirrups, occasionally kicking him in the side or the back.

Nothing she did, though, could distract him from eating her out. Apart from occasionally pausing to catch his breath, he remained focussed on her pussy and clit.

At one point, she whimpered, “Please...”

He stopped eating her out and looked up at her. “Please what?”

“Please fuck me.”

“Have you had an orgasm yet?”

“Not quite, but I’m close.”

“I want you to cum and then I’ll fuck you.”

“But I’m so close now...”

“Then it shouldn’t be hard for you to let go completely, now should it?”

“N—” Her thoughts broke up again as he lowered his face between her legs. She wiggled in pleasure as she felt his tongue penetrate between her engorged pussy lips.

Struggling to keep her feet planted on the stirrups, she yelped and moaned as the pleasure coursed through her. When he finally pulled away from her, she panted, “Whoa... I ... I’ve ne... never... felt ... mmmmmmmm....”

“I think you’re ready now.” He lowered his head one last time to lick the small stream of pale liquid that flowed out of her.

She nodded her head vigorously.

He looked around the room and quickly found a chair, which he rolled across the floor until it was directly in front of her. He climbed up on the chair and knelt on it directly in front of her before he quickly plunged his rock-hard dick into her more-than-eager snatch.

“Whoa!”

He grabbed onto the sides of the examination table to prevent the chair from rolling around too much.

She dug her fingernails into his back has he pounded away at her, each move harder and deeper than the previous.

At one point, the chair almost rolled away from under him, but he was able to stop it at the last moment with his feet. The contortions he made to save the chair, sent Liz even further into a state of bliss.

Liz came twice more before he finally came and fell backwards onto the chair.

Liz tried to sit up but immediately felt dizzy and lay back down. “Whoa!” she panted.

—to be continued—