The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Race to Erase Lace with a Mace in the Face of Grace

In February, 2013, king_wesley held a contest over at the MC Forum. Pick a number and you’d be assigned a video game to serve as the basis of an erotic mind control story. I picked Castlevania. The story below is the story I wrote for that game. It’s an adult story, so if you’re not in the market for an adult story, you might want to look elsewhere for your entertainment. Any similarities between this story and any real people (living, dead, or undead) is purely coincidental. I welcome commentary and criticism, so feel free to email me at . You can also follow me on twitter (@JoeMudak), “like” my facebook page (facebook.com/JoeMudak), or follow my blog, Poor Mudak’s Almanak (mudak326.tumblr.com)

Chapter 1

“If you’ll wait a few minutes, your table will be ready for you,” the Maître D’ smiled at Neil and Sophie.

“That’s fine,” said Neil, as he gestured towards a small bench by the entrance to the restaurant.

Sophie sat down and looked around. “This building is, like so old, so beautiful! I’ll bet that the staff here can tell a few stories about ghosts hanging around … or more.”

“You can ask, you know…”

“I probably will,” she said. “I’ll bet our host can tell us all sorts of stories.”

The Maître D’ returned to the front of the restaurant and said, “I probably can. What kinds of stories do you want to hear about? We can chat as I show you to your table.”

“Oh, ghost stories,” said Sophie.

“Some members of our staff claim to have seen or felt something when they go down into the cellar.”

“Really, like what? Have you seen or felt anything?”

“Sadly, no,” said the Maitre D’ dispassionately. “But our sommelier swears that he’s seen a woman admiring some of our older wines. I don’t recall the exact story, but when he walked downstairs, he saw her but she quickly moved away when she realized he was coming. He said he also felt an unnaturally cool breeze as she moved by.”

Neil scoffed. “Do you believe it?”

“I believe our sommelier believes it, and it wasn’t anything scary or anything. I say, if it makes for a good story and nobody gets hurt by it, why bother debunking it?”

“Are you sure nobody gets hurt by it?”

“Yes. In fact, if anything, the rumors of this restaurant being haunted by a wine loving lady from a bygone era have only boosted our reputation.”

“I’d never heard the rumors or anything else about it before you mentioned it,” said Sophie.

“Oh, they’re out there, I’m sure,” said the Maître D’ as he gestured to the guests to take their seats at the table. “Your waiter will be with you shortly.”

Chapter 2

Sophie felt compelled to chat about the rumors of the ghosts in the restaurants with anyone who was willing to talk about it, with the only breaks in the conversation coming when the waiter and his fellow servers brought some course of the meal to the table.

After Sophie finished her soup, but before the main course had come out, she dabbed her lips with her napkin and said, “Would you excuse me?”

Neil smiled and said, “Sure. I’ll be here.”

She stood up and walked towards the restrooms. Once she was out of his view, Neil chuckled at the thought that she would probably detour to wine cellar to see if she could see the ghost for herself.

About two minutes later, the Maître D’ came by and placed a heavy object on the table. A large iron ball with spikes, connected by a chain to a wooden handle.

Neil asked, “What’s this?”

“It’s a mace.”

“Um… Forgive me, but why are you putting this on my table?”

“It’s a precaution, sir. There’s a vampire who occasionally likes to patronize our restaurant. If he should set his sights on you or your date, sir, you should be able to fend him off with this. I don’t know what you know about vampires, but they can sometimes control people’s thoughts or actions in a process they call glamouring. This weapon, ideally, will protect you before he has the opportunity to glamour you. Where is your date now, sir?”

“She had to use the restroom.”

“How long ago did she leave?”

“Not long. Maybe a couple of minutes ago. Five minutes, tops.”

The Maître D’ scowled and said, “I’ll have one of the female staff check on her, if you’d like. What was her name?”

“Sophie.”

“Very well.” He retrieved his phone from his pocket and quickly began typing a message into the screen. After a few seconds, he said, “We’re checking on her now. Once her safety has been assured, I’ll go check on your meal.”

“Thank you.” Neil started chuckling under his breath.

“Is something the matter, sir?” asked the Maitre D’, in response to the sight of this customer laughing.

“It’s just that… I got the sense that you didn’t buy the ghost stories told about this place, and yet you believe in vampires around here.”

“Oh, sir, I never said that ghosts don’t exist. I’m just not sure about the ghost in this restaurant. That said, we have concrete evidence of at least one vampire in this general area. So we take certain … safety precautions when he might be on the prowl.”

“Wouldn’t a cross by the front door be better?”

“That doesn’t work.”

“But I thought that a vampire couldn’t enter into a building if they weren’t invited.”

“That’s only people’s houses. And besides, before the vampire moved to this area, we would advertise that ‘all are welcome to our fine dining establishment.’ Even though we no longer run that ad, he might have taken that as an invitation, and he’s been careful about his timing when he comes, so that the invitation hasn’t been formally revoked. Plus, all he’d need to do is look in our window and he could still glamour a potential victim.”

“Is he in the restaurant right now?”

“I’m not sure where he is, other than somewhere close.” The Maître D’s phone rang. “Would you excuse me one second?”

Neil nodded as the host answered his phone. “Yes. Uh huh. That’s right. You sure? Very well. Thank you anyway.”

“What is it?” Neil asked, not sure he wanted to hear the response.

“Your date, sir. She’s not in the restroom.”

“Well, maybe she tried to go down into the wine cellar… She said she was fascinated by that ghost story, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to sneak down there or something.”

“It’s locked, and our restaurant isn’t so large that she wouldn’t have been seen somewhere. I’m sorry, sir, but I think the vampire might have gotten her. I can understand if you’d like to leave now. Please. Take the mace so you can defend yourself. Would you like some garlic while we’re at it?”

“Not a bad idea.”

“Come with me.”

The two men stood up and walked back to the front of the restaurant. It was all Neil could do to keep from running.

When they reached the front desk, the Maître D’ opened a lockbox underneath the seating chart and pulled a bulb of garlic out. Handing it to Neil, he said, “The vampire’s lair is two blocks away on Belmont Ave.” He pointed in the direction of the street where the vampire lived. “You can’t really miss it, with its gothic appearance.”

“Thank you so much! After I rescue Sophie, I’m hoping we’ll be able to come back here, if it’s not too late.” Neil placed the garlic in his jacket pocket.

“We’re open until 11:30 tonight, sir, so I hope to see you before then.”

Neil turned quickly and ran to his car.

Chapter 3

When Neil got into his car to drive to the vampire’s lair, he threw the weapon provided to him by the restaurant on the passenger’s seat without thinking much of it. He focussed on reaching his destination and didn’t give much thought to anything else.

Only when he found the stone edifice on Belmont Avenue, did he realize he needed something of a plan to get in, find Sophie, and get her home. Did he have what it takes to kill the vampire, if need be? Should he kill the vampire regardless of whether he needed to or not? If Sophie was under the vampire’s spell, does this mean she might not cooperate?

He turned onto Belmont Avenue and wondered how he would be able to tell which building was his goal. After driving for a couple of blocks, he saw a large stone building that could be considered a small castle.

He slowed down to get a better look. There was a slow parade of people -- if you could call them that -- filing into the castle. One of the people on the sidewalk saw him and moved towards the car. The person had a hideous face, green eyes, and skin that was falling off of his skeleton. Neil immediately recognized that this person was a zombie. He decided to drive a little bit further, get out somewhere safe, and walk back to the castle.

He drove another couple of blocks and parked his car in an alleyway. Before he got out of his vehicle, he examined the weapon provided to him at the restaurant. The handle was a very solid wood. Oak, maybe cherry, he mused. There chain and spiked ball were probably made of iron. He picked up the weapon and, passing the handle back and forth between his hands, he decided that it wouldn’t be too difficult to wield, despite its weight.

He stepped out of his car as quietly as he could and swung the mace around a couple of times. He made a mental note that, if this was going to be an effective weapon in his rescue attempt, he’d have to be careful not to hit himself. He sighed and mumbled, “At least I’m going to get lots of practice with those zombies over there…”

Where previously he had felt disbelief and shock at what he knew he had to do, finally the fear set in. He willed himself to walk back towards the castle. His feet felt uneasy, numb, almost as though they had minds of their own and refused to go back to the castle. “Come on,” he said to himself through gritted teeth. “Sophie needs help!”

With great difficulty, he started to walk. He closed his jacket around himself and walked briskly to the vampire’s castle.

Chapter 4

As he got closer to the vampire’s castle, he saw a zombie walking around on the sidewalk. Although the zombie did not appear threatening -- yet -- he figured this would be a good time to test out his new weapon.

Neil lifted the mace above his head, swung the ball around a couple of times, and whipped it towards the zombie. The large spiked ball shot through the head of the zombie as though it were cutting through paper. The monster disappeared into a cloud of dust. He jerked his arm backwards, pulling the ball back towards himself. He swung the ball around over his head, careful not to hit himself with it.

The moment he killed the first zombie, all of the other zombies nearby saw him and began to converge on this new threat. Swinging the mace around over his head was not enough to ward the attack off; instead he had use the weapon to take out each undead attacker. More than once, he managed to destroy two or three with one swing, but he knew he had to keep moving and ward off whatever he could.

A gust of wind blew straight towards Neil, and he pulled his jacket tighter. Facing unknown dangers, he heard his heart pounding from the realization of the reality of his quest.

The zombies that congregated in front of the castle appeared more daunting and deadly than they ultimately proved to be. They were easily dispatched with the weapon from the restaurant, but Neil did not delude himself about whatever might lie in wait for him. He moved closer to the entrance to the castle, assuming that he wouldn’t be able to knock on the door and walk in.

His heart skipped a beat and he felt a fluttering in his gut as he realized that, moving closer to any wall could potentially make getting away all the more difficult.

Keeping his eyes on the large wooden gate behind which he knew Sophie was being held, he deftly protected himself from the seemingly endless supply of zombies that ambled around the front lawn of the castle.

Once Neil reached the entrance, he turned his back to the gate and dispatched the zombies with a greater dexterity.

With his free hand, he felt for a latch or something that would open the door or otherwise grant him access to the castle. He felt something and pushed on it.

Immediately, a trap door below his feet opened up and he slid down a long slide before landing on a cold stone floor fifty feet below.

Chapter 5

Neil landed hard on the concrete floor in the middle of the castle’s dungeons. As he came to a stop, he lurched forward and nearly hit his head on the opposite wall. Even though he didn’t actually hurt himself, he saw stars for a moment. He shook his head, stood up, and restored his bearings. Lifting his mace high above his head, he prepared for an onslaught from other creatures that, as yet, he couldn’t see or hear.

The silence of the dungeons was unnerving. The fact that there were no creatures defending the castle at this point, trying to capture or kill him, made him wonder if there was something else, something more sinister to the fact that he found himself in this part of the dungeon. He didn’t risk breaking the silence by calling out for Sophie.

He looked around to get a better sense of his surroundings. He was roughly in the middle of a long corridor with stone walls and torches perched in sconces that were spaced close enough together to illuminate the dungeon, but far enough apart to have occasional patches of near darkness.

Lifting the weapon above his head, he contemplated his next move. With his back to the wall, he moved away from the chute that sent him down to this level, repeatedly turning his head to the left and to the right in anticipation of an attack.

He took a deep breath and began walking slowly to his left. As he moved along the wall, he heard his heart pounding in his ears. As he approached the first torch on the wall, he had to lower his mace for fear of knocking it out of the sconce. He scowled at the realization that he had the choice between lowering his defenses and moving away from the wall. He decided that he would move as quickly as possible when he reached the torches so that his defenses wouldn’t be compromised for too long.

As he reached the first corner, he cautiously turned and saw another long empty corridor. Almost as if on cue, he heard the sound of a woman’s voice, echoing from a distance. Because it was so quiet, he held still, unable to determine what she was saying. His immediate instinct was that he had heard Sophie’s voice but couldn’t be certain.

Neil inhaled deeply, held his breath, and kept motionless in hopes of hearing the voice again. He was about to gasp for air when he heard it again: the woman was quietly protesting. A simple “No.” There was no insistence or fear in her voice. Neil wondered what she was saying “No” to because, despite everything else, she clearly was trying to prevent something from happening. But what? He still wasn’t sure if it was Sophie who was protesting but at least at this point, he had a direction in which to move.

He started walking briskly towards the source of the sound. By this time, he decided that, at least for now, he didn’t need to worry about the mace. No threats had arisen yet, but he was still prepared to fight any threats the moment they would appear. Each time he heard the voice, he would pause to listen. They were always one-word statements: “Please.” Or “Stop.” Or “Don’t.” One time she said, “Go away,” but each objection had less and less conviction.

Neil still couldn’t tell if this was Sophie talking but gained some consolation in the knowledge that he was getting closer to her and resolved to do what he could to rescue this woman, whoever she was. Was this the work of the vampire who lived somewhere in this castle? Where was he? How would he get to the vampire?

That last question was answered at least partially when he came to a ladder that stretched up through a hole in the ceiling. Realizing he had no other choices as to how to ascend, he gripped the handle of the mace in one hand and carefully but swiftly climbed up to the next level, prepared to fight anything that might be waiting for him at the top.

Chapter 6

As Neil reached the top of the ladder, he quickly looked around to take stock of the new location. The first thing he recognized, was the sound of the woman’s voice which he had followed thus far. Judging by the tone in her voice, it seemed like she was deriving more pleasure from … whatever it was that was happening to her, than she had been previously.

Her resistance must be breaking, he mused, giving himself a greater urgency to his goal. The woman was almost definitely not his date for the night, but he had no sense of what this could mean. Was Sophie already under the influence of the vampire? Or was she next in line? Or was this woman’s voice simply drowning out Sophie’s takeover?

He clung tight to the ladder as he looked around. He saw a window on a nearby wall. He leaned closer to the window and immediately realized that he was now somewhere above the ground level. The floor here was a mesh-like substance, and he immediately thought of the catwalks that wove in and around the interior of the clock tower in the center of town. He leaned over to the metallic floor and pushed lightly on it to make sure it wasn’t as flimsy as it could have been.

When the floor didn’t collapse, he wondered if he should risk hitting the floor with his weapon. Doing that would undoubtedly draw attention to his whereabouts, but could he risk stepping onto the floor without doing it?

He took a deep breath and decided to step off the ladder. The floor moved slightly under his feet but overall, it was secure. He began walking towards the sound of the woman’s voice.

He lifted his weapon above his head and paused. For all of the monsters he encountered before he fell into the dungeons, it was both surprising and disconcerting that he didn’t need to fight anyone or anything now that he was inside.

He started walking with increased confidence. After he turned a corner, his foot caught on the edge of one of the panels of the catwalk. As he freed himself, the panel came up and landed back askew, making a loud metallic clatter that echoed off of the stone walls for nearly ten seconds. Once the cacophony of sound died away, there was a second of silence, followed by a loud, high-pitched otherworldly scream that filled the air. Instinctively he covered his ears and crouched down, but he got a glimpse out of a nearby window and saw that the zombies that had congregated around the building now had a purpose and a direction: they were walking towards a point in the wall almost directly below him.

“Fuck!” he yelled, but he couldn’t hear his own voice over the screeching. He immediately raised his weapon over his head and turned so his back was to the wall behind him. Then he saw it: a flock of bats flying straight for him.

He began to swing his mace around. As the bats got closer, he whipped the head of his weapon forward. It hit the animal in front, knocking it into the three behind it. All four bats fell to the ground, dead. He looked down at them, nodded, and decided to walk in the direction from which the bats had come.

The screeching eventually died down, but Neil found himself warding off an onslaught of bats, spiders, zombies, and skeletons. Each of these creatures somehow knew to approach him the moment they saw him. His mace proved to be an effective deterrent in his fight. When he reached the end of the corridor, a naked woman sat hunched in a ball, blocking access to a door that, he assumed, would lead him eventually to the vampire and, he hoped, Sophie.

He cleared his throat. “Excuse me, miss? I’m … Um… I need to get through that door behind you!”

The woman looked up and gazed at him with piercing red eyes. She opened her mouth and screeched. He immediately recognized that she was the voice that summoned the monsters that had attacked him.

Neil took two steps backwards as she stood up and spread her bony arms wide. It took him a moment to recognize that this wasn’t a woman but instead a banshee or similar creature. He lifted his mace again and swung it forward, but she knocked the ball down with her hand.

He watched her movements carefully, as she followed a set of movements that alternated between attacking and defense. He dodged her movements with increasing dexterity. As he jumped backwards at one point, he felt the mesh floor tremble slightly and wondered if he could possibly lure her onto a part of the floor that would give way under her weight.

In between two of her movements, he swung his mace again, and made contact with her torso just below one of her breasts. She yowled in pain as she moved to cover the gash from which her blood was spurting. He quickly took another shot and hit her shoulder.

Judging by the look in her eyes, he felt that he had enraged her enough to give chase. He backed away quickly and, watching her hands, got a good swing of his weapon and made direct contact with her head. She fell back into a wall, at which point he took a big swing and took out both of her knees.

The banshee fell forward onto the floor. He brought the heavy iron ball down, hard, into the back of her head. The force of the blow dislodged the mesh flooring and she fell through it to one of the floors below.

His mace glowed bright green for a moment. Neil stared at it, puzzled, and came to the realization that the defeat of the banshee had strengthened it; the chain was now longer and the ball larger.

He caught his breath and opened the door she had been guarding.

Chapter 7

He walked through the door into a darkened room. A gust of wind blew through the cracks in the wall and Neil shuddered.

He took a few steps forward and froze when he heard the sound of Sophie’s voice. “No! No! Please! Stay away from me!”

Upon hearing this, he gasped loudly and called out, “Sophie! Hang on and I’ll be there as soon as I can!”

Breaking into a run, he ran across the room and up a stone staircase. More creatures drew close to him but he swung his weapon around, taking them all out a best he could. In many cases, this took place even before he could recognize what they were.

He occasionally got hit by one or more of the creatures that attempted to prevent him from reaching Sophie, but this did little more than slow him down.

After climbing several flights and fighting increasingly powerful monsters, he reached a place where a young woman wearing a long black gown looked at him and smiled. “I’ve been awaiting your arrival,” she said in a slow, nearly monotone voice.

Neil recognized her voice immediately: this was the woman whom he had heard when he started his quest. “Who are you?”

“No one of any consequence. Just as you are. I have a job to do and I will do it to the best of my ability, or my master will be displeased with my performance.”

Neil’s mind raced. Her use of the word “master” was unsettling, but he figured that she was talking about the vampire in this house. The vampire who broke her will and, presumably, was now doing the same thing to Sophie. He looked down at the floor. “Tell me about this job you have to do.”

“I think you know the answer to that,” she said. There was a flirtatious tone to her voice.

Keep her talking, he thought. “I don’t really know. I can think of more than one thing you could be doing right now in service to your master. Hell, I think there’s more than one thing you could be doing with me, in service to your master.” He placed an added emphasis on the words “Hell” and “Me” in hopes that this might elicit a reaction from her.

She moved closer to him but said nothing. Smiling broadly, he could see that her canine teeth were larger than those of an ordinary human.

He smiled. “How long have you been a vampire now?”

“Not long.” She raised her hands to her shoulders and, with a fluid motion, loosened her gown so that it cascaded to the floor. Now completely naked, she lunged forward. “Is this one of the things you thought I might be doing for my master?”

He backed away, chuckling. “Yes. Yes it is. But I don’t think I can let you do that, since I’ve got to get to your master and save my girlfriend.”

She laughed. “That’s exactly what my master is doing to her. Saving her. I admit it. I was afraid at first of what he would do to me. But now that he’s shown me what true salvation is, I think of how silly everything I felt was. Now there is no fear. No pain. No … ugliness. I have beauty, pleasure, and joy. And master was generous enough to share that with me. Soon, he’ll show your girlfriend the same.”

“Then why did he send you down to keep me from getting to her?”

“Because everyone resists. And he told me that you would be good for showing me even more pleasure.” She glanced down at Neil’s crotch and smiled broadly. “I see that you’re getting aroused yourself. Please. Let us share in the pleasure together.”

“You know, I’m not sure I’d like a world without some pain, some adversity.” He lost his footing and stumbled as he backed further away.

The vampire noticed him falling and leapt forward. He quickly dodged her movements. Had he not moved, he would have been knocked onto his back.

As he struggled to regain his balance, he noticed his mace glowing a pale blue in his hand. He nearly made a sound of curiosity at what he had seen, but regained his senses quickly enough to make any noises sound like they were from his struggle to stay vertical.

The woman lunged forward again, this time getting close enough to scratch his cheek with her fingernails.

He laughed. “I’m sorry, but if you want me that badly, you’re going to have to tell me your name first. I don’t do nameless hookups.”

She paused, considering his request. “If you must know, my name’s Alice. Not that it matters that much anymore, but…”

Her speech was interrupted when he swung his mace around and came in contact with her body just above her hip. She screamed in agony as she collapsed to the ground. He tried to jump over her prone body, but she reached up and grabbed his ankle as he passed. He fell, hard, to the floor next to her.

She quickly rolled him onto his back and straddled him by the waist. “Come on now. I know you want to taste the pleasure that is my body, and I so want yours…….” Kneeling forward, she allowed her long hair to fall over his face. He squinted his eyes, hoping that her supernatural powers required him to look at her.

He began to feel strangely lightheaded but wasn’t sure why. The erection that was straining at his pants was painful, but as long as it stayed in his pants, he should be able to maintain control.

She whispered in his ear, “You’re so horny. You just want to know what it feels like inside of me, don’t you.”

He bit his lip but couldn’t deny that she was speaking the truth.

“Here,” she continued. “Let me help you with that.”

“No. Please! Don’t!”

She ignored his pleas as she pulled his pants off of him and tossed them aside. He watched helplessly as his pants floated out of a nearby window. “You know you want to fuck. You’re too horny not to.”

He started panting and squinted his eyes even tighter. He felt her tongue riding its way up his shaft.

“I think you’re ready.” She placed her hands on his shoulders to hold him down. Before he could shift his body in any direction, she had plunged herself over his cock.

Instinctively he opened his eyes and saw her bare breasts heaving above him. “That’s right. You like that feeling, don’t you?”

“Yes. It feels amazing.”

“I agree,” she laughed.

In the back of his head, he heard a tiny voice reminding him that, although it was what he wanted, it wasn’t right. He wasn’t sure when or how he had dropped it, but he turned his head to one side and saw the mace, and it looked like it was still within reach. The bright glow seemed to be speaking to him now. Steeling his will, he decided that he’d done enough of what she had commanded. He needed to feel her, and he did. So now it was time to finish her.

He grunted loudly as he struggled to reach the mace.

“That’s right. Feel my pleasure!” the vampire yelped. She raised her hands to her own breasts and looked towards the ceiling.

With one more grunt, his hands found the glowing iron weapon. With one swing, he knocked her off of him and into a wall. Before she could tell what happened, he brought the weapon down on her head, and she disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

He walked to the window through which his pants had been thrown, and looked out. After a few minutes of searching, he saw them hanging from a tree branch about thirty feet below him. “I guess I’m going to have to take out this vampire pantsless,” he sighed. He looked down at his still-erect cock and laughed. “They were a little too tight anyway.”

Chapter 8

Neil went back to the point where he had first seen the woman who had been transformed into a vampire. He fought the physical fatigue that had been brought on by both the fight and the aborted tryst with her. The emotional fatigue that accompanied the realization that this girl, Alice, was dead. Someone’s sister or daughter, friend or lover, was now gone. He felt a chill when he realized that this could be Sophie’s fate, and swore that he would not allow that to happen.

He found a narrow corridor that led to a stone staircase that wound around in ever-tighter circles in what must be a tower in the heart of the castle. He deftly deflected oncoming bats with his mace as he climbed higher and higher.

He felt a surge of power in his hands as he reached a large stone-arched doorway. He placed his ear to the heavy wooden door and heard the muffled voice of an exhausted woman. “Please! I’ve had enough! I’ll do anything for that sweet release I so crave!”

Dammit, Neil thought. The voice almost certainly belonged to Sophie. The vampire broke her. He wasn’t sure if she could be saved at this point. He knew he had to at least try something, so he pushed on the door. Unsurprisingly, it didn’t budge. After taking a step back, he lunged for the door but it still didn’t open; it barely registered that he was trying to open it. The mace now felt hot. Glancing down at it, he paused and immediately knew what to do. Lifting the weapon high above his head, he spun it around in the air three times and whipped it forward. The door shattered from the force of the blow.

He cautiously stepped through the door. The cavernous room was awe-inspiring in its grandeur: woven tapestries, gold, elaborate portraits and a library full of books. On the far end, a stately looking vampire sat in what could only be called a throne. Neil’s eyes almost immediately found the solid black marble table in the center of the room. He slowly approached the table and recognized that it was, indeed, Sophie, who was lying on it. He paused to admire her nude form. Her arms and legs appeared to be bound to the legs of the table, but even as he grew closer, he didn’t see any visible shackles.

The vampire laughed. “You’ve done well, young man. Does this vixen belong to you?”

Neil scowled. “Her name is Sophie.”

Sophie started to moan and struggle against her invisible chains.

“Whatever her name is, mortal,” the vampire said, “what is most important to her now is her desire. Do you see the way her flesh glistens even in the dim light of my chamber? Never let it be said that I do not respect honor and bravery. She is yours for the taking.”

Sophie lifted her head up. “Yes, please take me!”

The vampire’s laugh echoed off of the vaulted ceiling. “You wouldn’t be so cruel as to deny this lovely woman of her needs, would you? I can see in your loins that you desire her.”

Neil scowled. He wasn’t going to permit himself to be intimidated by his pants-less state. He moved closer to Sophie’s prone form and gazed at her body. She looked pale, which led him to think that the vampire might have been feeding on her. His eyes fell to a spot on her inner thigh; there were two clean red marks in her skin. He looked up at the vampire. “Have you been feeding on her?”

“Of course! But I am no longer hungry. Your woman more than satisfied my needs. You, on the other hand, have some very powerful needs that must be satisfied.”

Two needs, thought Neil. First is to get rid of that vampire and then to … relieve the throbbing in his cock. He glanced downward and noted that his weapon had stopped glowing. “You’re very right about that.” He wondered if he could keep the vampire talking, and if that would be enough to dispatch him, the way he did Alice, the banshee, and the hordes of other monsters. He was close enough to Sophie’s table that he could pass the mace back and forth between his hands without the monster noticing. “Are you telling me that you’d let me fuck my girlfriend and then just let the two of us go?”

“I have no need for you, my friend,” the vampire said calmly. “And Sophie has more than satisfied any needs I might have for her.”

“But when you do need her, you’d just … what exactly? Summon her back here?”

“I could do that. If I wanted to, I could instruct her to, ahem, fuck you as you so eloquently put it just now, and you’d be powerless to stop her.”

“It looks like she’s bound to the table right now. Wouldn’t you need to release her binds?”

“Her binds are all in her head. You see, if there’s one thing that we vampires have come to understand over the years, it’s the importance of perception. I, for example, am perceived as a monster, a being to be shunned, even feared. With the help of girls like Sophie, I will work to change that. If you hadn’t destroyed Alice, she’d be helping too…”

“Are you mad that I did that?”

“I can’t say that I’m happy about it,” the vampire said, standing up from his chair. On seeing this, Neil realized just how tall the vampire was. The handle of the mace felt hot and slippery in his hands.

The two of them slowly moved towards each other. “Now now now. You’re not really going to try and kill me, do you? With that thing? Surely you should know that I don’t kill that easily.”

Neil swung the mace around in a wide circle and connected with the vampire’s knee. The undead being yowled in pain but did not fall. Quickly, Neil swung the weapon around in the opposite direction and hit his opponent’s other knee.

The vampire panted before standing up to full height again. With a single move of a long muscular arm, he pushed Neil to the floor. The ball of the mace grazed his side as he fell. Neil winced in pain as he saw blood seeping through his shirt.

Breathing heavily, Neil slowly stood up. Brandishing the iron-balled-weapon like a whip, he swung it forward and the ball went straight through the vampire’s stomach. When he pulled the ball back towards himself, it was a thick red color. The vampire put both hands over his gut and in an instant, his wounds had completely healed.

“You fight well for a mortal, but you must know that you’re no match for me,” laughed the vampire. “But then again, if you made it this far on your own, I knew you would fight well. I could end this for both of us right now, but I want to see for myself what more you’re capable of.”

Neil took the handle of the mace in both hands and began to swing it over his head. He wasn’t sure if it was real, or if it was an optical illusion, but the chain seemed to get longer and longer with each swing. He could feel a radiating heat from the weapon as it passed over his body. He suddenly wished that the Maître D’ had given him more instructions back at the restaurant. That’s when he realized it: he did have something else. Where was that bulb of garlic? He reached into his jacket pocket and found it.

As soon as Neil brought the garlic into the open, the vampire recoiled. “You don’t like this, do you?”

The vampire choked and gagged as he backed away.

Then he realized it: what if he rubbed the garlic onto the iron ball of the mace? He quickly did exactly as he had thought. Swinging the mace around, he swung it straight into the vampire’s side. A deep brown substance that Neil figured was the vampire’s blood oozed onto the creature’s clothing. He watched for a moment and realized that this wound did not heal. He swung the mace again, this time making direct contact with his opponent’s hip. He could hear the sound of bones cracking as the vampire collapsed to the floor. Neil walked over to the vampire and raised the weapon.

He could see a fear in the vampire’s glowing red eyes, but, to the credit of the monster, he didn’t say anything or plead for mercy. With a single, swift downward motion of the mace, the ball crushed the vampire’s skull. As with Alice, a puff of smoke was all that remained of Neil’s opponent.

He walked back to the table where Sophie still lay prone. He whispered to her, “Are you all right?”

“Yes,” she moaned.

“Can you move?”

She moved her arms and legs. “I’d like to stay here, though. I’m really … aroused.” Lifting herself onto her side to see Neil, she smiled and said, “It looks like you are too. I think you’ve earned this.”

Neil felt relieved to hear her say this. He dropped the mace to the floor, threw off his jacket and his shirt, and climbed onto the table and then on top of Sophie.

“That’s it,” she whispered. “I need it right there… Mmmmm hmmmm…. Oh, yes!” She trembled in pleasure with each thrust of his cock. She attempted to prop herself up on her arms and lick the sweat off of his body.

He felt a slight shiver as her tongue came in contact with his skin. She dug her fingernails into his back, pulling him closer to her. He barely had the time to register the fact that she sunk her fangs into the side of his neck. He screamed for a second before he felt an orgasm, releasing his seed into her. He collapsed in an instant on top of her.

As he slept she whispered, “We have some work to do, you know, Neil…”

He moaned, “Yesss….”

Chapter 9

Neil decided that he wouldn’t be able to retrieve his pants from the tree, at least not in the dark. He and Sophie looked around in the vampire’s chambers for good clothes for both of them to wear, and they had no trouble finding suitable clothing to finish their date.

“The Maître D’s expecting us back there tonight. Besides, I want to return this mace before anyone gets hurt with it.”

“Then let’s go back to the restaurant.”

“Do you still want to see about the ghost in the wine cellar?”

“Yeah. I do, actually.”

“Good. I’ll bet that between the two of us, we can get anyone in the restaurant to do whatever we want them to do. And we won’t make the same mistake the last vampires in town made, now will we?”

“Nope. We won’t…” Sophie started to laugh maniacally. Neil, picking up on her cue, did the same. The two newly-minted vampires walked out of the castle arm-in-arm as they began a new quest: to show the town that vampires aren’t to be feared. If that meant turning the whole town into vampires in the process, so be it.

Sophie looked up at the moon in the sky and smiled. “Tonight is the first night of the rest of our death, huh?”

“Undeath,” corrected Neil. “Undeath.”